Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fox News Announce Layoffs

They are the NUMBER ONE Cable News network in America

First thing gone, all hair & make-up staff as on-air personalities will be asked to do their own hair and make-up

How can they be LOSING money?

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2020 11:54 PM

Where's your link OP?

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 4:13 PM

Because the total number of cable viewers is shrinking OP

They are the leader of a rapidly shrinking market, one that will continue to shrink rapidly over the next few years as more and more people cut the cord.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 4:13 PM

Here's a link. OP is spazzy and forgets links all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 4:14 PM

How can on-air personalities do their own and make-up?

OP, are you making this up?

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 4:14 PM

R4 I wrote

"on-air personalities will be asked to do their own hair and make-up "

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 4:15 PM

Yes they're making it up R4.

Clearly OP meant it as a joke.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 4:15 PM

Thanks R3. Have to have a link!

Here's another. Seems that on-air personalities will still receive hair/makeup but guests will not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 4:18 PM

They can't get rid of hair and makeup. We don't want Fucker to be shiny when he has that perpetual constipated look on his face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 4:19 PM

Looking forward to seeing some shitty Trump apologist guest on Fox who has done their own makeup and looks like Baby Jane.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 4:19 PM

R5 - Sorry for the typo!

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 4:20 PM

The FOX Barbies are so heavily made-up and coiffed it would be disastrous.

The Republicans long ago saw the benefits of eye candy on male voters (Melania, Ivanka).

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 4:23 PM

Given that most guests are not in the studio (neither are the hosts for that matter) but at home on Skype or Zoom, it should not be a real problem.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 4:23 PM

Most on-air personalities are still broadcasting from their own homes -- while they're advocating for everyone else to go back to their workplaces -- so I'm not surprised hair and makeup would be cut.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 4:24 PM

It applies to guests, not anchors. From the article:

[quote]Going forward, only anchors and contributors will get their hair and makeup done, not on-air guests, a source familiar with the matter tells THR.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 4:25 PM

They can’t do their own hair and makeup can they? Don’t they have to be members of done hair and makeup union?

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 4:28 PM

Why doesn't that Trump cunt who just made over 300K from GFM due to the Pelosi situation, volunteer to do hair?

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 4:32 PM

What is the average age of FOX News' audience, about 80? 90?

I'm convinced the only thing that will kill FOX News is the erosion of their audience of dinosaurs. Young people don't watch them, no matter their political beliefs.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 4:33 PM

The problem is that we keep making old people every day, R17. And here's the bad news: the boomers are just reaching the prime Fox viewership age. The overall percentage of people 55 through death is about to balloon, and they're mostly going to be angry old white people shouting at Democrats as the Republicans take away everything from Social Security to their homes.

That said, it's pretty cheap of the Murdochs to stop doing guests' hair and makeup, but it will make for some interesting viewing.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 5:01 PM

Guests will all start to look like that Ancient Aliens guy!

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 5:09 PM

This guy:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2020 5:19 PM

I hate to hear about anyone losing their jobs.

Except these people. 🖕🏼

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 5:21 PM

[quote]How can they be LOSING money?

Paying out sexual assault settlements ain't cheap.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 5:24 PM

Tucker Carlson without makeup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 5:55 PM

There are so but so many ads the My Pillow guy can buy. A lot of the other advertisers have pulled back their buys because of consumer blowback against Fox.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 7:13 PM

I think I may tune in to check out how horrible their hair and make up looks!

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 7:18 PM

What's wrong with doing your own hair and makeup?

You bitches are so high maintenance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 9:28 PM

I was flipping over to them the other day and heard Laura I. say to Hannity that he has the number one show on Fox and then elaborate into he has the number one show on all of TV. True?

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2020 11:04 PM

Fox News is not News.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 11:15 PM

There is no news anywhere anymore. It is all editorial. That stuff from Journalism 101 about being non-partisan is just done.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 11:19 PM

No, R27. It's not true. He is at or near the top for a cable news show.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2020 11:30 PM

All of the women on Faux News dye their hair the same exact color blond. Surely Faux News can continue to by hair dye by the gallon for them.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2020 11:33 PM

Buy three blonde wigs, shave all the FUX News ladies' heads, and make them share.

$$$$ saved, you're welcome

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2020 11:45 PM

Worth noting that Fox has lost viewers to Daily Wire, The Blaze, Steven Crowder and other conservative outlets.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2020 11:47 PM

With advertising slowly transitioning platforms to the internet as its primary outlet, I can't imagine that being #1 in ratings carries the same weight that it used to. Times they are a changin'.

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2020 11:50 PM

Shep Smith knew this was coming and didn't want to risk being on TV without his hair laid and face fully dusted, hunty. Aint nobody got time for that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2020 12:01 AM

The top rate for advertisers is for age 35-50 or something like that. Their audience is mostly older. Their most watched news shows, like Hannity, have lost a lot of prime advertisers.

When Disney bought 21st Century Fox in March 2019, they bought the rights to every 21st Century Fox movie ever made. They bought them to put on their Disney + live-streaming service, also they can rent them out to other content providers. Disney now has a 60% stake in Hulu along with this deal.

Disney made a good deal, Fox made a bad one. Everyone is watching movies at home now. A lot of movie production has been postponed, but Disney now has a gigantic library to choose from. Disney has all the income from showing or lending their movies, and Fox lost that income. They had deep pockets to support the news division and they gave them up.

Murdoch only kept the news and sports related content. They sold X-Men to Disney. That’s like giving a money printing machine away.

My guess is Murdoch is old and wanted the money up front before he died, and doesn’t care if there’s not enough business left for Lachlan to keep it going long term. If they downsize their staff until it’s a skeleton crew, the rats will start deserting the sinking ship. Long term it could kill them.

My guess is the next Faux News will be Putin financed and much more radical, and Fox’s radicalized audience will go there. They’ve been complaining since Megyn Kelly dared to ask Trump a question in 2016, that Fox isn’t radical enough. So they’ll go to OANN or somewhere else.

They created a monster, and now they’re not the most monstrous monster, and they don’t have the broad based moderate, family friendly entertainment business to support their monster any more. It’s nothing but monsters now, and not everyone likes monsters. Seems dumb to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2020 12:38 AM

Their on-air talent will still get their hair and makeup done. But they won't provide the same perk to on-air guests.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2020 12:42 AM

But their on air talent sees the writing on the wall and if they can leave and establish themselves elsewhere before they go under, they will. Shep Smith must have known about this. He’s really business savvy and I bet the Murdochs told him about this a long time ago.

People like Hannity may be stuck there, the younger blonde bimbos may have more options. But conservative mouthpieces like Hannity also have radio shows with a lot of following. They don’t pay like Fox, but Fox may not continue to pay like Fox either.

by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2020 12:49 AM

Ohfercryinoutloud, OP, FUX isn't LOSING money. They're just not achieving the same obscene, immoral level of profit they once did, which means it's time to "fix" things by nickel and diming everyone and everything, starting with the people they deem most expendable.

Print media have been doing this forever, which is why your Sunday Chicago Tribune, for example - which, as recently as the Aughts, was like an entire Yellow Pages in heft - looks more like a brochure these days (AND they charge $5 for it - five freaking dollars! - at the newsstand.)

R29 flat-out nailed it to the floor: today, you're paying for columnist opinions, wire service stories and lots and lots of fluff. Hard news reporters are vanishing even faster than monarch butterflies and polar bears.

by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2020 12:58 AM

R39, Fox movies supported Fox News. Now there’s no Fox movies.

Republicans are always dying to cut costs to “make a profit,” but that seldom works. You have to spend money to make money. Let them use their Republican theory that cutting to the bone is the same as making money (it isn’t), and watch them slowly and painfully downsize into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2020 1:02 AM

In all seriousness, how can anyone watch FOX nonstop? I mean don't they get tired of just hating and being angry with minorities all of the time? Does it ever occur to them even once that Trump is fucking them over?

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2020 1:20 AM

Nope all they have is hate and like angry junkies they need a constant fix.

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2020 2:04 AM

Will Fox still supply talking points to their guests?

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2020 2:12 AM

No, these people are constantly raging and ridiculing everyone that doesn’t adhere to their twisted beliefs. They throw fits at the market, at Target, they subscribe to conspiracy theory channels on the internet. They are brainwashed into being in a constant state of rage-filled hysteria. The more ridiculous and unsubstantiated the conspiracy theory, the more they swallow it hook, line and sinker.

What makes me feel bad is they’re constantly taking out their rage and hysteria on their kids. A lot of families have broken up because the kids refuse to see parents that won’t wear masks, they won’t go to weddings where everyone thinks masks are offensive and bullies anyone who wears one. Then the families can’t understand why some people won’t come. They have made the difference between being a Democrat and being a Republican to be whether you want to take steps to preserve your life or not. If you’re a Republican, you’re angry at anyone who tries to save themselves.

This is going to damage families for decades to come. Young adults now think their parents aunts and uncles are aggressively insane and the only thing to do is ghost them. And the parents who are doing their damndest to contract a fatal disease and pass it along to family members are offended because their kids won’t come home and be exposed to it.

It reminds me of the story “The Birds.” In it, the author says, “Nat wondered how many million years of instinct were stored in those little brains, behind the stabbing beaks, the piercing eyes, now giving them this instinct to destroy mankind with all the deft precision of machines.”

I keep thinking they’re like the birds in the story, mindlessly destroying their own families and country, not knowing why but driven to do it all the same. Like it’s time.

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2020 2:25 AM

Womp, womp!

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2020 3:19 AM

I hope we get a follow to that shitty Fox News biopic that came out last year once this all hits the fan. I need cheap laughs.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2020 3:26 AM

R23 - That’s not Tucker Carlson, it’s WAYNE LAPIERRE ! ! !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2020 3:33 AM

Is it that FOX "NEWS" is losing advertisers and sponsors?

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2020 11:59 AM

It is just three percent cutbacks. Since most are working at home I guess some jobs are no longer needed.

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2020 11:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!