Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The BBC Archive thread

There's some really cool stuff that pops up in the BBC Archive's Twitter thread and we've had a few threads here on various things they have shared. I thought it would be nice to have a single thread to share as they come along.

To start this one I will repost the one I shared last year when it was first posted - was supposed to be a typical "person on the street" interview but this woman has some fabulous things to say about TV and its impact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1413 hours ago

"Does anyone still wear hats?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109/16/2020

Scottish men wrestling and throwing things

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209/17/2020

After this, he dialed the phone with a pencil to call Mummy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309/18/2020

Hop picking is a big thing, apparently. Or was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4Last Sunday at 5:29 AM

British menswear of the 80s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5Last Sunday at 5:30 AM

the days before data leaks....sigh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6Last Tuesday at 9:02 AM

We had a great thread about that video OP posted a few months ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7Last Tuesday at 9:09 AM

That was already posted here about a year ago, OP, but thanks for reposting. It is pretty fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Tuesday at 9:16 AM

Yes, I was the OP of one of those earlier/ original threads!

I thought of it to kick this one off, just because I find the stuff BBC Archives shares to be very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Tuesday at 9:49 AM

"He's been around for YEARS and he always wears those earrings!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1015 hours ago

That woman at OP's link is a fucking legend. I could listen to her talk for hours.

by Anonymousreply 1114 hours ago

R11 She's like a real life Dot Cotton, but a smarter, kinder one

by Anonymousreply 1214 hours ago

Why do Scottish men toss capers? It doesn't seem like it would be worth the effort.

by Anonymousreply 1314 hours ago

More unappetizing British baking. No wonder they're thinner than Americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1413 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!