Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Emily Ratajkowski Accuses Photographer Jonathan Leder of Past Sexual Assault.

Emily Ratajkowski has accussed photographer Jonathan Leder of sexual assault in a powerful essay published on Vulture.

The 29-year-old model and actress recalled that her photoshoot with Mr. Leder happened back in 2012 when she was just 21 and was held at his home in the Catskill Mountains in upstate New York.

She had been advised by her agent to stay the night with him when the shoot was over.

“When I looked up Jonathan’s work online, I saw a few fashion editorials he’d shot on film,” Emily wrote. “His work on Google looked celestial and pretty. Legit. I didn’t bother to investigate further. Besides, my agent was in full control of my career: I did what she told me to do, and in return, she was supposed to expand my portfolio so I could book more paid jobs and establish myself in the industry.”

Emily added that she had posed in “old-fashioned lingerie” before he allegedly told her to take off her clothes.

“I’d been shot nude a handful of times before, always by men. I’d been told by plenty of photographers and agents that my body was one of the things that made me stand out among my peers. My body felt like a superpower,” she wrote. “Still, though, the second I dropped my clothes, a part of me disassociated. I began to float outside of myself, watching as I climbed back onto the bed. … The next thing I remember is being in the dark.”

Emily describes the assault as a blur, as she was left alone with Mr. Leder as the makeup artist wasn’t in the room.

She says that she doesn’t remember much but “most of what came next was a blur except for the feeling. I don’t remember kissing, but I do remember his fingers suddenly being inside of me.”

After that night, Emily returned to New York City and years later, Mr. Leder had published the photos in a book. She adds that she never signed a release at that time and sent him and his team a cease-and-desist order.

In a statement to Page Six, Mr. Leder denies Emily‘s claims.

“We are all deeply disturbed to read Ms. Ratajkowski’s latest (false) statements to NY Mag in her never-ending search for press and publicity,” Mr. Leder‘s rep said. “Of course Mr. Leder totally denies her outrageous allegations of being ‘assaulted.’ It is grotesque and sad that she is so vindictive to lie in such a way to the press routinely.”

They added, “She knows she has no legal recourse to stop publication, so bad mouthing the photographer (again) with salacious accusations seems to be her newfound answer. It is a shame, because the photos are really powerful and they are beloved by so many of her fans.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2020 6:27 PM

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 3:43 PM

Oh God! Call the police, Bitch! So sick of these Vanity Fair cover story indictments.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 3:44 PM

I was raped, too. Me, Rose McGowan, actress and rape victim. Justice for me!

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 3:46 PM

Hi, it's me, Rose. In case you forgot what I said three minutes ago. I was raped. Raped!

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 3:49 PM

Is this the same Emily Ratajkowski who Ben Affleck was fucking the shit out of on the set of Gone Girl?

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 3:50 PM

As the late, great Margot Kidder once said, "Darling, you can't rape a townie."

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 3:50 PM

OMG, Rose, you were raped?

Please, tell us more!

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 3:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 3:52 PM

And going blonde in June did next to nothing to raise my profile, dammit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 3:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 3:56 PM

[quote]I began to float outside of myself, watching as I climbed back onto the bed.

Marilyn Monroe said almost the exact same thing about the nude photoshoot that ended up in Playboy.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 3:59 PM

I can't be sure but I *think* Rose McCowan may have been *whispers* raped

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 4:04 PM

This broad is super ugly. Is she actually a model or is it one of those Instagram things?

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 4:06 PM

Art films?

NUDIES!

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 4:07 PM

She makes me hungry for Ratatouille.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 4:11 PM

She looks like Kendall Jenner.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 4:18 PM

Robin Thicke went away, WTF can't she?

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 4:23 PM

She’s an IG/ commercial model, the requirements of which are injected lips, fake tits, photo editing kit, and thirsty need for self-promotion. Has she had any acting roles of note since Gone Girl? No, word is that she’s dumber than than a gnat and has become an industry joke. Wonder who she had to fuck to get her role on Gone Girl? Because he’s next on the “I was raped” confession.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 4:27 PM

She would go to Ben's trailer, they would get high and drink and he would carry her around on his dick. She's a little tart who loves big cock.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 4:31 PM

I don't recall that piece of gossip. Source?

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2020 4:33 PM

She’s really beautiful but FUCK is she boring. Every Instagram post is her in a bikini or flaunting her body. We get it you have a hot body.

Give me Thandie Newton any day - gorgeous but with a great sense of style + a brain + interesting and extremely compassionate.

I can see why Emily’s “career” tanked.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 4:38 PM

R20, I worked on the film.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 4:41 PM

Wow ^

So she fucked him and didn't even get another role in anything.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 4:43 PM

She got other roles, just nothing really of note or memorable. Her talents lie in being a sperm receptacle, which is not a bad job. But the girl has the depth of a bird bath.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 4:47 PM

I'd go to Ben's trailer, sure.

But it was only because he liked discussing the environment and global politics and spirituality and stuff with me. We shared a life of the mind.

Ben said I have a really big spirit.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 4:50 PM

R2 She had no power back then and probably would have been blacklisted from the industry.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 4:53 PM

She was sexually assaulted yet everyone here not just blaming but making fun of her ( which is irrelevant to the story ) ? Guess when it comes into women rights gays are just as deplorable and misogynistic as Trumpers.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2020 4:57 PM

No one believes her, particularly the part about her taking off her clothes and "disassociating" mainly because she takes off her clothes all the time, she obviously enjoys it. So she's coming across as a big fat liar. Also, if she was assaulted then she should go to the POLICE, not a nationally syndicated magazine

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 5:37 PM

This thread is disgusting. I completely believe her. Photographers do this kind of shit ALL THE FUCKING TIME. I’ve really had enough of the fucking rapist Trumpkins here. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 5:58 PM

Just because photographers do this shit all the time doesn't mean this photographer did. We live in a society where people are innocent until proven guilty. She needs to go to the police not a fucking fashion magazine.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2020 6:10 PM

Fuck off cunt R30.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2020 6:17 PM

Go back to the Middle East where your attitude belongs bitch at R31. You know, the part of the world where you have to prove your innocence instead of it being assumed.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2020 6:20 PM

R29 and R31 fucks babies. I know because someone told me once and that's all the proof I need.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2020 6:22 PM

[quote]She was sexually assaulted yet everyone here not just blaming but making fun of her ( which is irrelevant to the story ) ? Guess when it comes into women rights gays are just as deplorable and misogynistic as Trumpers.

Before this thread goes completely down the shitter, I would like to respond to this. I support victims, always have and always will. But in the last few years victims have been replaced and overshadowed by women like Emily Ratajkowski who use this shit for publicity. I've seen how she operates, Ms. Ratajkowski is no naif.

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2020 7:55 PM

Personally I don't think someone has to be innocent or naive to be raped, they just have to be physically weaker than their attacker. HOWEVER, sexual assault is a serious crime and accusing someone of it in a gossip magazine instead of filing a police report against the alleged attacker is transparent as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2020 8:29 PM

"I didn't expect being naked in someone's bedroom where business is, of course, normally conducted by everyone, everywhere to be a red flag."

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2020 8:37 PM

Her acting was an assault on my senses. She’s the definition of vacuous.

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2020 9:10 PM

Have she and her husband paid their rent yet?

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2020 10:21 PM

26.8 million followers on Instagram- what a world

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2020 10:24 PM

They're struggling artists, r38!

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote]Go back to the Middle East where your attitude belongs bitch at [R31]. You know, the part of the world where you have to prove your innocence instead of it being assumed.

Oh please, you stupid fucking cunt. It's adorable that you think we have to go that far. You do know who is president, right, dummy? How many fucking women have accused Trump of sexual assault? Why are you absolving white Christians who not only ignore sexual assault victims, but promote their attackers to higher office. Roy Moore would be in the senate right now if it were up to their vote alone.

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2020 1:09 AM

She looks like she should be canoodling with Bradley Cooper in a city park filled with photographers.

by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2020 1:17 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2020 2:01 AM

r19 If she loves big cock, then what was she doing with Ben Affleck?

by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2020 2:08 AM

She was posing and posting photos of herself on her honeymoon!

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2020 2:11 AM

And only because of her body, r39.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2020 2:15 AM

She's disassociating in those photos R43

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2020 2:15 AM

Oh for fucks sake. This country is falling apart right now. Ratawhatever needs to take this story to a therapist or civil court. No one gives a fuck right now except for our rich 1 percent media who wouldn't give a shit about her story if she weren't famous.

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2020 2:22 AM

Read between the lines. The cunt Ratajkowski is trying to turn the social media mob on her manager (" I did what she told me to do"). A lot of these perpetual sexual victims have an intense narcissistic manipulative streak a mile wide.

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2020 2:27 AM

Oh, please. You whores would be complaining about how she should not have gone to the police had she filed an actual report. Perhaps she wants to avoid a lengthy trial where she will be subjected daily to people like you nasty bitches in here. No one is denying that she's an attention whore. But that doesn't mean she is immune to being assaulted. If you actually knew how rapists operate, they see someone like her as the ultimate conquest, an object to take, and fuck it if the law says they are not entitled to her body. Much like you dizzy queens, they see her as fair game because of how she dresses and carries herself. Whether she was actually assaulted or not, no need to be so disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2020 3:02 AM

I agree with R50 and I have no doubt the photographer is a scumbag—his response was essentially that "she was asking for it" because she was topless in a music video. That being said, her accusation is really poorly worded—you can't say you voluntarily took your clothes off and got in the bed and then claim everything else that happened after was assault but you can't remember the details—that just leaves it wide open for the photographer to claim what happened was consensual and her version of events is too vague to really refute that.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2020 3:08 AM

Also, it doesn't help her case that she didn't go to the police and waited until three years into the #metoo movement to finally come out with this story, which she told to…The Cut?

by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2020 3:13 AM

Oh God, this again.

The fact that she's thirsty as hell doesn't make her a liar about this, doesn't make him innocent, doesn't mean that she consented to sex, doesn't mean that it's okay to drug her or rape her. There's both a lot of sleaze in the modelling industry, and a lot of naïve young women who are seen as disposable and replaceable. bad things do happen.

But of course the bitches of the Datalounge are blind to the reality of the situation, they just shriek "CONDEMN THE WHORE" as always. .

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2020 4:02 AM

I bet more victims come forward and Datalounge, you never fail to disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2020 4:12 AM

You can choose to live in a country that presumes a man guilty before even being arrested R53 or you can live in a country that presumes innocence. Personally I know EXACTLY which one I'd like to live in.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2020 4:14 AM

Go to bed R55.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2020 4:32 AM

Okay Frau R56

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2020 4:38 AM

"Youfind anyone can choose to live in a country that presumes a man guilty before even being arrested [R53] or you can live in a country that presumes innocence."

Juries and the legal system are bound to find anyone innocent until they are proved guilty, but we all know that the guilty to free sometimes, and of course the social issues related to guilt or innocent are much more complex. When it's not a question of trial by jury, human beings are always deciding who to trust and how far to trust each other, and have to deal with questions like whether to hire ex-convicts whether to leave their creepy brother-in-law alone with the kids, or which half of a couple is telling the truth about the reasons for divorce, etc. In those situations, we do not use the same standards as we would in a jury trial, and were not holding a jury trial here, are we!

Besides, R55, the main place I see your attitude is from the mouths of assholes who always condemn the woman or the injured party and to defend any straight man accused of a sexual crime. Or to defend Michael Jackson, his idiot fans are always screaming "INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY" or "HE WAS NEVER CONVICTED" as if that made it impossible for Jackson to ever have done anything wrong.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2020 5:55 AM

Isn't this talentless nobody's 15 minutes up yet?

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2020 11:20 AM

She looks like the offspring of a hot chick and jeff goldblum. Like hot but jewy.

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2020 6:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!