Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DLers: What Is The Primary Way You Listen To Music?

Are you streamer or do you stick with CDs and LPs?

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 4:49 PM

None of the above. I have all my CDs burned or ripped to iTunes on an external hard drive, which is attached to my laptop. I'm listening to one of my many versions of the Beach Boys' SMiLe now. I like the sound much better than either CD or LP. I have computer speakers from Bowers and Wilkins.

I sometimes listen to classical radio when I go to bed, but that's not "primary."

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 2:45 PM

I have to admit it's cassettes. Years ago I made dozens and dozens of CD dubs onto cassettes. All genres.

I never got into downloading or Sirius or iPods or Alexa or anything like that. Just have boomboxes around the house (I have CDs, too- but mostly Classical).

My 2002 Volvo wagon has a cassette player, too.

Sadly, it's been a couple years since I taped a song. I just don't like whispercoo pop-rap from overly tattoed wispy waifs (I think the last song I taped was by Miley Cyrus).

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 2:57 PM

Miley Cyrus hadn't been born yet the last time I made a cassette tape.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 2:58 PM

Apple Play in the car or Pandora.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 3:00 PM

They will have to pry my iPod out of my cold dead hands

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 3:10 PM

Here, Here.... summoning GapPlaylistGuy!

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 3:21 PM

CDs...

I still use my cd player when in my car, and I rip my CDs to Windows Media Player when I'm listening to music at my PC.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 4:05 PM

Most Datalounge posters listen to their music on their gramophones OP but I notice you left this option out.

Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 4:10 PM

I thought "LP" would cover gramophone use and "radio" would cover "the wireless" R8

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 4:14 PM

This a capella version of Marvin Gaye singing "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" is hot on Twitter today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 4:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!