Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Texas troglodytes are evolving this year!

BIDEN: 46%

TRUMP: 46%

Morning Consult, 9/7/20

Texas is the biggest electoral haul for the Republicans at 38 electoral votes and it hasn't voted for a Democratic presidential candidate since Jimmy Carter in 1976.

If Texas rejects the crooked, New York City scumbag sociopath for re-election, it will be a beautiful statement about the integrity of America that Putin can't buy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2020 7:46 PM

We're thisclose to toppling the horrible reign of the Angry Old White Man. It's within sight. Their hate will die off, but we can't wait for that.

Trump was proof they still have bite. Kill it. Vote.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 2:19 PM

Orange man, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 2:24 PM

DLer voters in TX, please make a plan to vote. And a backup plan.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 2:46 PM

Early voting in Texas is October 13-30. Where I live, we can vote at any early voting site in the county. There are usually 3 or 4 early voting sites within about 5 miles of my home. So if one seems overly crowded, I'll just drive to another. For those who choose to vote on election day, they can also cast their ballot at any voting site in the county that day. Since elections in Texas are coordinated and handled by the counties, I don't know if this option is available everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 2:59 PM

R4, that must be nice. Here in Ohio we have ONE early voting location per county, and that's it.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 3:28 PM

That's how my state does it, r4.

I will be driving my ballot directly to an early vote center when voting starts, weeks before the election. No WAY will I put my ballot in the mail this year.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 4:48 PM

This poll is from Sept 9th OP, you are treating it like it is new.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 4:51 PM

If Texas went blue, I would weep with relief. Beto has been working VERY hard on making that happen.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 4:55 PM

This is so, so encouraging! #GoBlue #GoGentlemanJoe

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 4:58 PM

If Republicans can't hold Texas, they're in deep, DEEP trouble.

Their party won't recover for 10-12 years.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 5:05 PM

Winning candidates don't have this much trouble in their base less than 2 months before the election.

Al Gore lost his home state, John McCain lost his home state; Trump's not going to get his home state again. But now he's losing big, GOP slices like Texas and Georgia, too.

That spells L-O-S-E-R.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 5:08 PM

If the Republicans lost Texas on a consistent basis (versus a one-off because of the freak), they wouldn't need 10 or 12 years to recover; they'd never recover and would be over as a party on the national, presidential, level. The only thing they could possibly do would be to jump on the "eliminate the electoral college" bandwagon FINALLY. If one party can consistently count on California, New York, Texas, and Illinois, it is game over.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 5:25 PM

I think Trump will win Texas, but it's going to be very close.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 5:59 PM

Early voting sites

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 6:09 PM

Biden isn’t winning Texas. Those “undecided” voters will vote trump. But it bodes well for other states that Texas is so close. I would be shocked if Biden lost AZ

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 6:13 PM

Very stupid to declare a winner in Texas with half of the polls showing Biden the victor all year.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 8:33 PM

I can't wait for early voting in Texas. I'm so eager to vote against the Pumpkin. Gotta throw throw the rotten pumpkin out on November 3rd, so it doesn't keep stinking up the country.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2020 12:58 AM

R11 McCain didn’t lose Arizona

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2020 1:13 AM

It's still a dead heat between Biden and Trump the day before the election!!!!

WOW!!

TEXAS:

BIDEN: 48%

TRUMP: 48%

Oct. 22-31 Morning Consult

Unbelievable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 2, 2020 4:34 PM

The tight race in TX is really interesting. I now think of those numbers of 18-29 voters who are participating this year, and how much they have been early voting in TX. Could they possibly push TX over the top for Dems?

by Anonymousreply 20November 2, 2020 5:03 PM

I don't know, r20. Common was in the Sunnyside neighborhood of Houston this weekend, getting out the vote. Jack Black & Beto are phone banking. Those votes are not taken for granted.

by Anonymousreply 21November 2, 2020 6:18 PM

It doesn't look like it will be enough to take out John Cornyn. But those Texas Senate races are getting really tight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 2, 2020 6:26 PM

If Texas is competitive for the GOP they are fucked.

by Anonymousreply 23November 2, 2020 6:32 PM

BREAKING: Judge Hanen holds the plaintiffs don't have standing in Texas drive-thru voting case.

GOP challengers lose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 2, 2020 7:43 PM

Boris has convinced himself that Trump will take Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 25November 2, 2020 7:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!