Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Nelly, but closeted

Have you ever met a guy like this?

Pings to the high heavens, but insists he's straight. There's a guy like this at my office. He's married (to a woman who outweighs him by about 200 pounds) but they're "too busy" to have kids. He's also a Christian who "loves the Lord"

I wonder if he'll finally come out when he's 80

by Anonymousreply 233September 25, 2020 3:44 PM

OP, how old is he?

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 5:20 AM

This guy I went to college with. He was soooo gay. He had to have been. But he wasn't. He even had sex with girls. He was cute too. In retrospect, I should have made a move at some point.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 5:21 AM

Yes, OP, one of my teachers. He was so nelly (think Mr. Humphries from are you being) and was married to a fat woman and had three fat daughters.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 5:21 AM

My 50+ uncle is the same. Trim yet the wife is pudgy and overweight. They have two kids in university.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 5:22 AM

I don't understand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 5:23 AM

Sho have.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 5:35 AM

I call it a mental closet - they've closed themselves off from the possibility for so many years or have never thought about why they feel different.

It happens a lot.

It's brave to be gay - because there's a lot of shit that goes with it. Even to this day. We're all glad that we're not getting beat up everywhere and fired - but it's hardly wide open arms for homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 5:48 AM

Ohhhh...you meant Nelly the black rapper and not a flaming “nelly” who is fem and delicate.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 5:55 AM

Like r8 said - OP needs to turn off the ac and sing "It's getting hot in here! So let's take off our clothes!"

He'll be wearing a band-aid on his face soon enough - but for the right reasons, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 6:04 AM

OP i’m sure your coworker feels closest to the Lord when his legs are up in the air.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 6:49 AM

I married my college sweetheart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 7:05 AM

Jesus Nelly Christ! What did Hollywood do to Luke Bryan?!?

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 7:11 AM

Nope. Never.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 7:54 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 7:59 AM

Yes. Mentioned it before on another thread. Two friends of mine from high school have been together for 16 years now or so. The girl had never had a boyfriend. The guy was obviously gay and he also admitted as much at 16. Turned out his father couldn’t accept it so he “burned the bridges behind him” he told us two years later. He started dating my female friend, they have kids now, they have had all kinds of relationship problems, they hardly ever have sex, she’s financially depended of him. They’re living unhappily ever after. It’s quite sad really. I remember when she got pregnant for the first time. she said I really can’t imagine him being a father to a boy, he’s so feminine. I hope it’s a girl. He is feminine but that still doesn’t mean he can’t be a good father to a boy. I’ve let it go, they deserve each other. Currently I hardly ever talk to them.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 8:15 AM

nelly seems gay as fuk

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 8:33 AM

He was accused of rape last year.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 8:35 AM

I've met a couple of guys like this over the years. Its sad as fuck cos they livin a lie, and it all turns to shit inevitably.

Such a fucking waste, both really attractive sexy nelly fems too. Its a damn shame

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 8:46 AM

Do they have families (wife and children)? Some want that more than anything, especially if they don't believe/see positive gay relationships. Many of the people posting here haven't had successful same sex relationships.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 8:57 AM

I worked with a lanky, handsome French hairdresser that clearly sized me up my first day and was extremely effeminate, yet masculine (ran triathalons) and never exhibited any sexual attraction to other men or women- very respectful though. We flirted a bit one Christmas party, he’s very well hung judging from his tight pants! The nicest guy, but people always seem bewildered when they find out he’s straight.

He’s happily married, doesn’t seem tortured, kids and wife. I saw younger photos of him where he looked like a twink- and think he shut down that part of his life romantically, but it serves him very well in his profession with no regrets. I know a lot of his clients thought he was gay so maybe he takes full advantage of the misconception, but in a nice way and it allows him a closeness with women a straight guy wouldn’t have.

BTW the wife is really nice as well but extremely boyish with a cropped haircut and probably aware of her husband.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2020 9:14 AM

Yes in the muslim world.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 9:27 AM

A few answers and a question:

Very common in the South. I have know a lot of ,married men whose flames could be seen from Mars. Often, they have stereotypical Gay jobs such as interior decorator, florist, or hairdresser. It is a cultural thing. Southerns really do worry so much about who is going to inherit "great Aunt Tilly's" teas set, that Gay men marry for clear inheritance lines. I have had both men and their mother's say this outright.

Perhaps, not quite Nelly, Nelly being a 10, but in New England, there are a lot of men who are certainly between a 5 and a 9. It is really difficult to tell who is Gay and who is just "expressive".

Question: I do not get the band aid on the face comment.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 9:42 AM

Yep. There's a guy like this at work. Quite cute actually. He's a bear: tall, overweight, hairy, bearded with a semi-fancy beard style. In meetings, when he speaks, it's purses all over the floor, his hands touches his chest, his eyes roll, his head tilts etc... Quite effeminate. I've also caught him look intensely at some other handsome muscular team member. At work, he's the advocate for diversity, regularly sending the team emails about LGBT inclusiveness. But then again, he's married, often talks about his wife. He's probably in his early forties, yet they have no kids. He and his wife have one hobby: Glass blowing (not kidding).

Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 10:12 AM

[quote]He and his wife have one hobby: Glass blowing

Have you met their live-in caretaker Mr. Glass?

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 10:25 AM

I love an effeminate bear. Seriously. They turn me on.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 10:57 AM

Hello...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 10:59 AM

Love. Beautiful straight love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2020 11:03 AM

Hello.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 11:33 AM

was nelly caught with trannys that time ??

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 11:36 AM

That was tyga.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2020 11:50 AM

You can pick them out in the dark, OP.

Usually tiny guys, fussy with their appearance and dating or married to an Amazon-ish woman. The women aren't always overweight, although most are, and all are much taller than him. The nelly always acts SO SURPRISED that they somehow know so much about LGBT and gay culture, have so much in common with gay men intellectually and to be so into anal sex...yet be SO STRAIGHT!

Yep. You can pick them out in the dark, blindfolded.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2020 12:42 PM

For R22: Nelly, the rapper, wears a bandaid on his face as a fashion statement.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2020 4:21 PM

"The nicest guy, but people always seem bewildered when they find out he’s straight."

This is about nelly CLOSETED guys, not guys who seem gay but are actually straight

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2020 4:33 PM

First time I encountered this was when I was in children's theater when I was 13. Some of the actors were adults, one was in his 20s, effeminate, married to a woman. Then there was my friend's dad, when I was in high school. used to swish around the pool in a bathing cap saying "Look, I'm Esther Williams". Then there was a friend's cousin who was a dancer on Broadway, early 20's, married to a woman, very fem. And a guy I was in a play with when I was in my 20s who was in his 40s, had 4 kids. Obviously gay and came on to me. The one thing all the wives had in common was they were nice, not pretty, and, I guess, blind.

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2020 4:38 PM

I was introduced to an absolutely screaming man by a mutual friend at a funeral. He had a piercing, shrieky voice and was dressed extravagantly. He talked non stop about the Queen Mother and how marvellous she was. “She had a routine!” She was a hundred and two!”

Then he mentioned his wife....

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2020 4:46 PM

NELLY will fuk anything with a mouth....thats the word, and he so hard up will turn up the ass for a franklin or 2

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2020 4:49 PM

Nelly and closeted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2020 4:49 PM

R33 It's the same. Ping to high heaven yet state that they're straight = closeted

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2020 4:55 PM

While we're on the subject of nelly but closeted Trumpsters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2020 4:56 PM

the very definition of nelly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2020 5:18 PM

He's not.

by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2020 5:19 PM

I feel for one in law school. He had a girlfriend “in France.” But she was real and they got married.

Just as well. He snapped his fingers at a waiter.

by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2020 5:19 PM

[quote]Usually tiny guys, fussy with their appearance and dating or married to an Amazon-ish woman

Flavor Flav and Brigitte Neilsen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2020 5:21 PM

I was involved in community theater in the 90s after college and over the two or so years I volunteered, I met three different men (including the managing director of the company) who were married but were as nellie as the day is long.

Two eventually divorced their wives and came out.

The third is still married. It must have been an understood marriage of companionship because (a) his very identifiable car used to be in front of the adult bookstore constantly and (b) he was so flaming as to be noticeable from space. Even Ross Matthews would have said, "Gurl, turn it down a bit!"

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2020 5:27 PM

Wasn't Brigitte Nielsen already with her younger husband when she did the Flavor Flav show? It was just an acting gig.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2020 5:30 PM

Remember that great Dana Carvey character? Lyle the effeminate heterosexual.

Even his wife was stunned to learn that Lyle was straight.

And they had kids.

My older brother is married with a kid. I finally had the convo with mom about me and the FIRST thing she says: "Yeah, your older brother is gay, too, I think."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2020 5:32 PM

R39 Who are you calling nelly? I just like to properly accessorize my look when I go hunting with the boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2020 5:37 PM

"Ole Miss" takes on a whole new meaning when she wears it! LOLOL

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2020 6:25 PM

OMG I have few friends from college that are nelly as hell and married to women. It is weird none are super religious maybe they're bi but everyone used to ask me if my roommate was gay ..I even caught looking at guys asses.

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2020 6:32 PM

Yup, one was in my church group back in college. I'm not sure if we can call him closeted since he admitted to our all male Bible Study Group that he used to hookup at the local YMCA with guys back in High School. He professed to pray the gay away and was extremely optimistic about fitness, Jesus, and starting a heterosexual family. I just sat there and internally rolled my eyes. He sounded gay, was always smelling cookies, and dressed very flamboyantly. But he was a devoted lap dog to church's social structure so we all pretended he that the cure had worked. His social media was about fitness (his body = goals!) and religion. We rarely said more than a few words together, despite two years in this small bible study. I think he sensed that I was also in the closet, thus a threat. I thought he was just a stuck up bitch but I made attempts to reach out. He acted too busy. Ok, dear.

I ended up graduating, moving to the city, and being completely out. That guy moved to the same city and finally came out. Now he's a muscle queen into partying (hopefully with no capital "T"), light drugs, and fitness. I've ran into him and was polite (the closet makes us do crazy things) because I'd love to have a friend from our old city, but he was still an aloof bitch. This time with fresh cock on his breath. Girl, bye!

Even those lifeforms on Venus could see that nelly Queen ping from day one.

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2020 6:56 PM

R40/ R41 yeah he pretty, but not really that nelly, and likely straight

This one tho......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2020 8:27 PM

My hair stylist is very effeminate. He lost his mother at an early age and he grew up in a rural area with just his dad and three brothers. He's married to a very pretty (and thin and feminine) lady, and he has five grown kids and a bunch of grandkids. He says he has always been "girly", even as a child. He's a very kind man, and I don't judge him. I can understand how it would be difficult for him to come out in that time and place. He seems happy enough now with his family. If he came out now, it's doubtful that he'd ever find a male partner at his age.

I once worked with a woman who was quite butch, and I was shocked to learn she was married to a man and had kids. The weird thing was that she'd regularly ignore or insult her coworkers. She offhand said something like, "I could exercise more, or I could just be overweight like you" to a coworker that she had become friends with outside the office. Maybe she had aspergers, since she didn't realize it was a mean thing to say, especially to a work friend with whom she took turns watching each other's kids. The "overweight" coworker met the butch woman's husband, and she swore that the husband was gay because he was so nelly. No one could figure out if it was a marriage of convenience or if both the husband and wife were both in deep self denial.

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2020 9:09 PM

R52 - yeah - it goes both ways. I have met many 'manly' women who were somehow married. Go to any rural area - some of those country wives are men in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 53September 16, 2020 9:36 PM

Mrs Mariska Hargitay

by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2020 10:03 PM

Fresh cock on his breath, r50?

by Anonymousreply 55September 16, 2020 10:05 PM

This lady's husband right here.

When she said they'd been dating since high school, that was kind of the confirmation for me.

She does look amazing though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 16, 2020 10:43 PM

^ That guy flames

by Anonymousreply 57September 16, 2020 10:45 PM

"He's unattractive based on global standards of what makes an attractive man so therefore he must be gay."

by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2020 10:46 PM

I know two and one is even obsessed about broadway shows.

They both are married with kids

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2020 10:48 PM

[quote]I will marry a guy who looks at me like this men looks at his wife. You can tell this men is in love 😍

R56 Goodness, the comments on that video! Delusional frau central!

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2020 10:54 PM

r51 There's a dedicated fangirl on here who goes for the throat of anybody who says Shawn Mendes is anything but 1000% str8 (he's not even 10%).

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2020 10:56 PM

r55 yeah, but not literally, unless it's Pride. In college, he was suppressing his love of cock. In the big city he's let his hoe flag fly for his circle of muscle queen friends. I'm all about having fun so no judgement. Sadly it didn't make him any nicer to me. It's wasn't a lack of dick making him lash out, we are just not compatible. I had to let go of the idea that just because we were from the same town and experienced the same conservative college years, that we could potentially be friends. All well, I unfollowed him and only give a brief hello if I see him in passing. Life is too short.

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2020 11:01 PM

R62 - sounds like he was exhausting then as he is now - need for lots of attention. We all know the type - particularly certain gay men.

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2020 11:26 PM

r63 he is. I admit that I am probably no cake walk so it's for the best.

by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2020 11:30 PM

God I knew so many guys like this in high school and college. I always roll my eyes when I see their Facebook photos posing with their wives in supposed wedded bliss.

by Anonymousreply 65September 17, 2020 12:30 AM

[quote]R34 Then there was my friend's dad when I was in high school. He used to swish around the pool in a bathing cap saying "Look, I'm Esther Williams".

I so want to see their home movies.

by Anonymousreply 66September 17, 2020 12:52 AM

I've lost count of the number.

by Anonymousreply 67September 17, 2020 12:55 AM

Two come to mind ,though Ive known many . My best girlfriend of 20 years started dating again after her divorce and drug up this guy who I instantly thought "GURLLLL!" he loved Wizard of Oz (obsessed loved) ,lived with an old gay guy who was a "friend" ,had 3 cats ,etc. There was no cliche so strained he didnt encapsulate it . A few months into their dating she asks me one day "Do you think Wayne is gay?" . I had held my tongue till that point,but I let it fly "Girl,if he was any gayer he'd burst into flames" . Long story short,she chose to ignore her own misgivings and married the guy . I worked at a c-store right in front of our apts,and one day he was talking to me at work and this guy comes in(obviously gayer than an Easter bonnet" and screams "Why Wayne (insert last name) ! Where Have you BEEN ??? " Wayne mutters something and rushes out red faced . The queen comes up to pay and I asked if he knew Wayne ? He screams back "Do I ?!? He's fucked everybody ! " I responded "Thats unfortunate as hes married to a friend of mine" and the queen responds "Oh? Whats his name ?" I said "Lisa" .

The queen looks absolutely astonished and said "A girl???" I responded "Yep,vagina and all" . That queen just shakes her head ,pays and leaves. The whole time shaking her head ! My first thought was I wasnt going to be the one to clue her ass in so I never said a word. Just ghosted them slowly.

The 2nd one was an old southern guy with a heavy accent wich sorta hid his lisp . He used to stare at my crotch every time we went to their house,with his wife sitting right there. He'd just flirt away with me and my friend .Not one person that ever met him assumed he was straight. Each time he mentioned his wife people were startled . You could always see their eyes would widen for a second! He was a fucking mess,bless him. Nice guy really,but so very closeted and you could see it was torture.

by Anonymousreply 68September 17, 2020 1:37 AM

What is nelly?

by Anonymousreply 69September 17, 2020 1:39 AM

So DL is a place where People believe all effeminate men are gay? In 2020? What a regressive, ignorant group of people.

by Anonymousreply 70September 17, 2020 1:50 AM

[quote] So DL is a place where People believe all effeminate men are gay?

No, it's a place where most of us have been paying close attention for years to the people around us and learned from it.

by Anonymousreply 71September 17, 2020 2:03 AM

You must be lost, straight effeminate straight guy at R70.

We aren't the only ones. Everyone knows you are, not just DL. Own it, dear! Bend over, spread those cheeks and come out of the closet!

by Anonymousreply 72September 17, 2020 2:04 AM

[quote]Very common in the South. I have know a lot of ,married men whose flames could be seen from Mars. Often, they have stereotypical Gay jobs such as interior decorator, florist, or hairdresser.

My ex knew a Mississippi queen who was in charge of the local high school's theater department AND designed and sewed his own wife's wedding gown.

by Anonymousreply 73September 17, 2020 2:11 AM

When I was younger in my early twenties and conflicted about being gay myself, I agreed to go on a church ski trip as a chaperone for some high school-age kids.

One of the other chaperones was a new Minister of Music at the church, who was very effeminate and married. The kids were pretty well-behaved and didn't need a lot of supervision.

Once this minister and I were walking around a mall on a stop we made en route to the ski resort, just talking about nothing in particular. Our hands accidentally brushed against each other as we walked and talked. I wouldn't have thought anything of it, but the married minister immediately started apologizing and saying it was totally an accident, and insisting that he didn't mean anything by touching me.

I was shocked and hardly knew what to say - it was such a weird overreaction to a casual touch. After a while, we went separate ways in the mall.

Later on the bus, he pulled out bags of clothing and showed us all the clothing he had bought for his wife (who wasn't with us on this ski trip) at the mall - even as a naive 21-year old, I figured it out at that point.

by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2020 2:42 AM

[quote]My ex knew a Mississippi queen who was in charge of the local high school's theater department AND designed and sewed his own wife's wedding gown.

And what exactly is weird about that - I sewed my wife's entire trousseau!

by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2020 2:50 AM

Ryan Gosling.

by Anonymousreply 76September 17, 2020 2:51 AM

I follow a YouTuber who used to study theater in college. She's married and has a kid with the gayest looking man alive. I'd post a pic of the couple but I don't know how. He works as a Disney travel guide and they met in college.

by Anonymousreply 77September 17, 2020 2:59 AM

They always talk with their hands. So much hand enunciation! Until they finally come out and start taking it up the ass, then there's less of that.

by Anonymousreply 78September 17, 2020 3:02 AM

How does it feel to stay closeted for life? I really can't fathom that. Isn't it extremely painful? Or do they just shut down that part of themselves and try not to feel it?

by Anonymousreply 79September 17, 2020 3:09 AM

I've been considering pretending to be straight when I move to a new place and keeping my gayness behind closed doors. It's just easier to lie and say you're straight when it comes to the workplace and such. I also get along better with straight guys than with most gay men, so maybe the closet is the way to go for me. I honestly don't think I'd be unhappy with it, in fact I wouldn't do it if it made me unhappy. It's fun to pretend to be one of them, it adds spice and pizzazz to my life, makes me feel like a secret agent. Plus I don't like my friends and coworkers knowing about my sex/love life.

It's easier to stay closeted. You get more out of it. People treat you differently when you're straight, there's more perks. The only perk to being openly gay is having nobody raise their brows at you when you quote Golden Girls in everyday conversation.

by Anonymousreply 80September 17, 2020 3:13 AM

Never in my life. My first boyfriend, Brad, is totally into girls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2020 3:14 AM

"I also get along better with straight guys than with most gay men, so maybe the closet is the way to go for me."

Which must be why you're blabbing about the Golden Girls on a gay board

by Anonymousreply 82September 17, 2020 3:19 AM

The closet is only harmful if you can't pursue romance and sex privately. As long as you've got access to a boyfriend if you want it and hook-ups, why is being closeted a bad thing? It's a lot easier to be seen as straight, anyways. Despite what people would have you think, homophobia didn't go away when same sex marriage was legalized and it is still very present in society and affects our every day life. When everyone thinks you're straight you just have an easier go of it.

by Anonymousreply 83September 17, 2020 3:21 AM

R80 Keeping your private life private is one thing while marrying a woman in order to prove your straightness/have a "normal" family life is another one. I really can't see myself doing that. I can't even lie about my sexuality when asked with a straight face. I try my best not to because I usually feel extremely uncomfortable afterwards. I guess people are different.

by Anonymousreply 84September 17, 2020 3:23 AM

I was just out shoppin' for some new pantsuits for my wife Bonnie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 17, 2020 3:45 AM

[Quote] As long as you've got access to a boyfriend if you want it and hook-ups, why is being closeted a bad thing?

What happens when you're with your boyfriend and you cross paths with someone who thinks you're straight?

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2020 4:52 AM

Then, you introduce him as your "roommate"? Like it's 1978.

by Anonymousreply 87September 17, 2020 5:24 AM

R79 Count me as another person what cant fathom the idea of being closeted. I couldnt wait to get the fuck out once I'd admitted it to myself, and come to terms with it. I came out at 18 and I never looked back. And this was a long time ago in a white working class area.

I could easily pass for straight if I wanted to, I just could not stand the idea of living a lie. And not being able to fully enjoy the company of men and living true to myself, thats a hell no from me. How the fuck guys like this that are obviously nelly do it I have no idea. And why. Why would you do it to yourself? I mean if where you live isnt great, surely you can move someplace where its easier to be gay. (A bit difficult in the Islamic world though, that I get)

by Anonymousreply 88September 17, 2020 5:42 AM

[Quote] Why would you do it to yourself?

They can't fathom a world outside of that in which they were raised. The status of a hetero, preferably married man is all they can conceive of as bearable.

by Anonymousreply 89September 17, 2020 5:45 AM

R89 Yes, and a lot of deeply closeted cases never come to terms with themselves. They view being gay as innately inferior. The internalized homophobia is so strong they can never break out of it. Mind you I've met people from Belgium who are like this, not to even mention other parts of the world that are not that gay-friendly.

by Anonymousreply 90September 17, 2020 5:56 AM

who cares.....he one fugly old queen

by Anonymousreply 91September 17, 2020 6:10 AM

This describes my Gen X, faux-metrosexual hipster, striving middle-middle-class cousin, to a T.

I mean, his chief pastimes are interior decorating, choral singing, antique collecting, and gourmet cooking. His dream is to write a hit West End musical, or three. He not only walks but talks with a swish. He wears scarves and waistcoats. Come on.

Nevertheless, several years ago he dumped his long-term and only girlfriend (a skinny, sickly, neurotic, doll-like thing) to marry his plain, hefty, no-nonsense Frau manager. They still work unhappily in marketing. and with the proceeds together bought a Tasteful Friends. and then popped out a crotchfruit whom they dress in completely ridiculous campy outfits to get likes on Facebook. They also own an absurd toy dog upon which they dote, some sort of hideous Dachshund hybrid. It’s all very grotesque.

The entire family know he’s gay-leaning-bi, and only putting on this charade to spite his piece-of-shit father who came into money only to immediately walk out on my cousin and his mother to raise another family with the secretary of his company.

So we just go along with it, anyway. It’d be tragic if it weren’t so pathetically hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 92September 17, 2020 9:57 AM

R80 Have fun getting tangled in lies, I guess. No need to ever discuss private things at work, but your friends?

They’ll find out eventually and then they’ll be more upset about your lies, than your gayness.

by Anonymousreply 93September 17, 2020 11:28 AM

[Quote] only putting on this charade to spite his piece-of-shit father who came into money only to immediately walk out on my cousin and his mother to raise another family with the secretary of his company.

How does his choice spite his father?

by Anonymousreply 94September 17, 2020 11:50 AM

People are different. Stop being so enslaved to broad stereotypes about people and start seeing people as individuals. No wonder so many of you are often so wrong; you believe in the most archaic and oppressive stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 95September 17, 2020 11:53 AM

I have no issues with men who are closeted to society and live as eternal bachelors or whatever. But don’t marry a poor naive woman and gaslight her.

by Anonymousreply 96September 17, 2020 12:09 PM

Agree, R96

by Anonymousreply 97September 17, 2020 12:11 PM

Some women want a husband and no/little sex.

by Anonymousreply 98September 17, 2020 12:14 PM

R96, how about mixed orientation marriages wherein the man tell his wife before marrying that he has a samesex orientation, but it dedicated to living faithfully and monogamously within that marriage? There are many marriages like that Today amongst younger people.

by Anonymousreply 99September 17, 2020 12:30 PM

I don’t know, R93. I somewhat agree with R80, in that everyone has a right to selective disclosure, plus other people are on a need-to-know basis when it comes one’s private life.

For example, I haven’t told my father, my grandmother, or my extended family, because they’re covert phobic conservatives whom don’t trust and dislike thanks to a history of their nasty behaviour. I also refuse to make close friends in the workplace or reveal my personal life there, as until recently I have mostly worked temporary McJobs I don’t enjoy with people to whom I can’t relate or count on to be constructive. My distant, old friends do not know, either - and why bother telling them if we’ve not spoken since 2010, and they’re going about their hetero business?

Maybe I’m a ‘quisling’ or whatever, but I feel this kind of approach is not hiding in cowardice, more just being sensibly cautious and keeping a tight inner circle in times of uncertainty. Remember, we are still seen as dangerous mutant scum to a wide swathe of everyday straight normies, who deep down beneath the veneer of tolerance still fear and resent us. And now, in this dystopia, even fellow weirdos and outcasts are turning on us. It’s prudent to keep your cards close, or so I believe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100September 17, 2020 12:32 PM

Does that attitude impact on your mental health at all, r100?

by Anonymousreply 101September 17, 2020 12:34 PM

Probably, but people who come out aren’t always relieved when they come out. Sometimes, they become even more stressed as they face and avalanche of ridicule, ostracism, discrimination, vitriol, even violence. Not everyone can endure those things.

by Anonymousreply 102September 17, 2020 12:40 PM

Yes, but I don’t “blame” effeminate closeted men anymore than I “blame” less effeminate closeted men. Sure, it’s more confusing to anyone who meets them, but subjectively, each one of us is out of touch with who we are objectively and so a femmy homophobic gay guy is just as likely to be in denial as a non-femmy homophobic gay guy.

When I met Lindsey Graham about 10 years ago, I had heard his name but didn’t really know anything about his politics. So my very first impression was that an undeniably gay man was elected to federal office from South Carolina. I was not surprised to learn he is in the closet, although I doubt he is in denial to himself. In cases like his and Aaron Schock, I hold it against them because they actively legislate against the interests of people like them. No excuse can be made for that.

I feel greater sympathy for the average overtly gay man who is in a state of denial because it’s embarrassing and pitiable. But I also resent out gay men who are especially cruel to effeminate gay men who are closeted and less cruel to those who can “pass.” It’s evidence that everyone holds less-masculine men in lower regard, gay or not.

by Anonymousreply 103September 17, 2020 12:43 PM

[Quote] because it’s embarrassing and pitiable.

Fucking hell.

by Anonymousreply 104September 17, 2020 12:45 PM

R100 and R103 I have never been “in the closet” in the sense of denying I am gay, but when I was young I did deflect questions because I was afraid of addressing it head on. In other words, I never lied and said no, I am not gay, but I did passively deny it in the sense that I wouldn’t explicitly say I was until the end of high school, from which I graduated in 1996.

Like R100, I maintained active avoidance of the elephant in the room with my father’s family in the south because they are Bible thumpers and I only ever interacted with them at family reunions and funerals. We were not close in any way and I saw no point at all in broaching the topic. But I came to realize that I probably was coming across as being closeted—in the sense of actively trying to fool people—when I brought a female friend to the family reunion. She wanted to come because it was at a beach, and my family loved her and invited her, and it made me less uncomfortable to have a friend in such a stifling environment. (The reunion involves hymns and readings from the Bible...) So we showed up and everyone swarmed us asking how long we had been dating, etc. I laughed loudly every time someone asked and told everyone she has a boyfriend and we are just good friends. I had not really thought about it beforehand but I was mortified when I realized onsite that I appeared to have brought a beard with me.

by Anonymousreply 105September 17, 2020 12:51 PM

A friend was dating this Nelly who we all knew was gay. Cute, never wanted to talk to the guys in our circle, especially us gays. Insisted on being called James, never Jim. Then they got married. Divorced a couple of years later.

by Anonymousreply 106September 17, 2020 12:58 PM

Most gay people in the world are closeted are in denial

by Anonymousreply 107September 17, 2020 1:01 PM

Yes and most women would like a husband that doesn’t lie to them r98

by Anonymousreply 108September 17, 2020 2:11 PM

R99 that’s totally different. That would be honest and there would be no lying and gaslighting.

by Anonymousreply 109September 17, 2020 2:12 PM

R108, not all are lying to their wives.

by Anonymousreply 110September 17, 2020 2:14 PM

Makes me think of someone like Jason Kennedy from E! News. I remember watching that special on his wedding and he was, well, nelly. Totally controlling. Almost as if he was the bridezilla. It was hilarious. I was like, how can anyone buy this guy is straight. But, he's a major evangelical Christian (and even leads the Bible study group for all the young Hollywood Christians). I saw these types all through the church when I was a devout believer going to Christian schools. Christian culture is still a massive hiding place.

by Anonymousreply 111September 17, 2020 2:17 PM

R110 well then those are not the ones I talked about in r96.

I meant those that lie to their wives, and take it on the downlow whilst telling their wives that they just aren’t that interested in sex, gaslighting them to the extreme.

That’s really low.

by Anonymousreply 112September 17, 2020 2:18 PM

Yes, there is a man who I knew was gay as soon as I saw him and heard his voice. But he comes from a very religious family so he has to play the part of a wholesome, married Christian man. And his sister I'd swear is a lesbian is well. She has kind of a mannish way about her. She was a virgin in her 40s last I knew. She claimed to be seeing a man once but then dumped him because he said something to the effect "Honey, let's get hitched," and she didn't think that was a proper marriage proposal. But just like her brother, she is a God fearing Christian who believes every letter of the Bible. So I think she lies to herself as well.

by Anonymousreply 113September 17, 2020 2:48 PM

Marriage of convenience beard = okay, because the woman consents to it. Cole Porter, Calvin Klein, etc.

Sham marriage beard = not okay, because you're misleading and gaslighting a dumb female who deserves an opportunity at romantic love. Kenney Chesney, Tim Tebow, Marcus Bachmann, Jared Kushner, John Travolta.

I'd like to say what Will and Jada Pinkett Smith do is okay, but they've been homophobic about certain roles they'll accept and they placate a homophobic culture.

They're older now, in a different time, so maybe they should start being honest.

by Anonymousreply 114September 17, 2020 2:52 PM

The nellies on this thread who don't know Nelly must be the nelliest nellies who ever nellie'd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115September 17, 2020 2:54 PM

Wow r114. You presume to know things about specific people Although actually you don’t know. Smh

by Anonymousreply 116September 17, 2020 2:58 PM

[Quote] Sham marriage beard = not okay, because you're misleading and gaslighting a dumb female who deserves an opportunity at romantic love. Kenney Chesney, Tim Tebow, Marcus Bachmann, Jared Kushner, John Travolta.

What makes you say Kelly Preston wasn't a willing party?

by Anonymousreply 117September 17, 2020 3:03 PM

You all may be shocked to hear this,but there was a time when people didnt walk around discussing their bedroom activities . Like my mother says,there were always gay people ,everyone knew who they were,but it just wasnt discussed ad nauseum . Kardashian being pissed on and flaunting it to the world would have gotten her ostracized . I think I prefer those times. It gave sex mystery,and more import .

by Anonymousreply 118September 17, 2020 3:10 PM

No one makes that "bedroom" point about straight people...

by Anonymousreply 119September 17, 2020 3:16 PM

^^ you romanticize a time when homosexuality was illegal or gays could get our asses kicked for being homo. Pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 120September 17, 2020 3:25 PM

There are lots of late-in-life lesbians. For women, attraction is more emotional than physical. A lot of them say they were just going through the motions by marrying a man who was their perfect match on paper. They thought that "burning fire/desire love" was just a myth. Then one day out of the blue, they wake up and realize they're in love with a female friend, coworker, or media star, and the attraction is much more intense than any relationship they've experienced before. They call it "being hit by a lightning bolt", and "finally all the love song lyrics make sense". Some of them are then faced with the consequence of breaking up their family, devastating a loving, committed spouse, and upsetting their children.

Some of these women swear that they were straight before, and that they "turned" gay over time. They use the word "sexual fluidity" to describe the transformation. However, other women, including Meredith Baxter, say that they were probably always gay and had suppressed it. Meredith said she didn't have her realization until after her mother passed away.

When from birth, you're told (brainwashed actually) that your ultimate goal in life is to marry someone of the opposite sex and have kids, it's hard to resist and go against the grain.

by Anonymousreply 121September 17, 2020 3:31 PM

Silly. Women don't eat cooch to be friendly.

by Anonymousreply 122September 17, 2020 3:32 PM

R122, it has nothing to do with "eating cooch". It's more about being unexplainably fascinated by another person (and not necessarily knowing why), thinking about that person all throughout the day and smiling, feeling an irresistible urge to talk about that person, feeling dizzy and tongue-tied when standing close to that person, and feeling like your heart is going to jump out of your chest because your hand accidentally brushed against their hand. It's about having a crush and falling in love. I hope you've felt it before.

by Anonymousreply 123September 17, 2020 3:39 PM

Cool. I still wanted to suck his dick.

by Anonymousreply 124September 17, 2020 3:41 PM

Every church music director in the south

by Anonymousreply 125September 17, 2020 4:08 PM

When I see a Queen out in public ,such as the grocery store , then realize they are with the wife I always want to ask if she knows. Is it an arrangement? Does she see it or care?

by Anonymousreply 126September 17, 2020 4:11 PM

What about those poor guys who are nelly but actually straight?

As my mom used to tell me, “We knew you were gay from the time you could walk...but it was always possible you were just an intellectual, so we waited for you to tell us.”

And as a roommate’s cousin once said to me: “You’re GAY?! I thought you were just nerdy!”

by Anonymousreply 127September 17, 2020 4:19 PM

A Uni Prof is the biggest Barbra queen I've ever met. Married with a child.

by Anonymousreply 128September 17, 2020 4:26 PM

[Quote] What about those poor guys who are nelly but actually straight?

I mean, who's to say...

by Anonymousreply 129September 17, 2020 4:33 PM

I don't know if it exactly fits the thread, but I once knew a guy in high school who I always suspected was gay. He even made a subtle pass at me at one point. Then he finally came out. Everyone else in the school acted surprised and/or disgusted but not me. Years later I look him up on Facebook and he apparently went right back into the closet. He was wearing camouflage and holding a deer by the antlers in his profile picture and he has a wife and a kid. I was pretty shocked.

by Anonymousreply 130September 17, 2020 4:42 PM

So what’s the breakdown?

1) closeted gay

2) repressed homosexualist

3) straight but nelly

by Anonymousreply 131September 17, 2020 5:01 PM

Wow, r116, you presume specific people to be straight just because they say so.

Most of the people I named have been proven — even admitted they were gay.

by Anonymousreply 132September 17, 2020 5:10 PM

Yes, I went to dinner with a few friends that was set up by one who brought her boyfriend (later husband) for us to meet. He opened his mouth and a purse fell out. I was floored. I didn't say anything but I thought this was a joke and that John Quinones was about to appear.

Nope they got married,and have a child together.

by Anonymousreply 133September 17, 2020 5:51 PM

My friends step-dad. I met him at an event and I didn't know he was her step-dad at first. Just assumed he was a gay friend of the family

by Anonymousreply 134September 17, 2020 5:57 PM

Along that vein ,I knew a guy who had been raised by women only. No father,no grandad,no uncles in his life . You met him and you would swear he was the last queen , but nope,just really feminine because thats all he was around. Happily married with 3 kids for like 20 years now.

by Anonymousreply 135September 17, 2020 6:16 PM

[Quote] just really feminine because thats all he was around

Such a bullshit excuse.

by Anonymousreply 136September 17, 2020 6:18 PM

Nelly straight guy

Interesting thought

by Anonymousreply 137September 17, 2020 6:19 PM

Not sure if I buy the being raised by women made him a queen. I believe most of our mannerisms are innate some just work to hide the truth.

by Anonymousreply 138September 17, 2020 6:24 PM

'Straight' until you spear their hole, hit their prostate a few times and they cum harder than they ever have before, with your cock up their ass.

by Anonymousreply 139September 17, 2020 6:30 PM

R138, I agree. I know guys who were raised by single moms who are total rednecks

by Anonymousreply 140September 17, 2020 6:30 PM

R136/R138 I remember once hearing Josh Peck in an interview use that explanation to describe his femininity.

It does sound like horseshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 17, 2020 6:33 PM

Effeminancy doesn’t mean a male is gay. It would be ignorant to think so.

by Anonymousreply 142September 17, 2020 6:38 PM

What does effeminacy mean?

by Anonymousreply 143September 17, 2020 6:42 PM

Acting like a female

by Anonymousreply 144September 17, 2020 6:47 PM

As a millennial, I’m shocked by how many instances of this still exist. I see it all the time with couples in the grocery store. How are the wives so oblivious?

I know one couple like this through a mutual friend. This friend told me the wife confessed their kid was conceived by “jumping on at the last few seconds of hand job” because “Its the only way he can cum”. How stupid can you be?!

by Anonymousreply 145September 17, 2020 6:49 PM

R145, perhaps it’s not smart to jump to conclusions about another person’s sexuality based on how masculine or feminine they are.

by Anonymousreply 146September 17, 2020 6:50 PM

It's a good indication.

by Anonymousreply 147September 17, 2020 6:51 PM

R146, not all gay men are nelly, but all nelly men are gay. And don’t give me some “but he’s married with kids” example.

by Anonymousreply 148September 17, 2020 6:53 PM

Just not true

by Anonymousreply 149September 17, 2020 6:54 PM

Ironically, yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150September 17, 2020 6:57 PM

[Quote] Just not true

Empirical study?

by Anonymousreply 151September 17, 2020 7:03 PM

r146 as long as someone is keeping it to themselves it's really no different then determining if someone is nice or mean based on a first impression. Our brains are always analyzing our fellow humans to determine their categories within our world views. Anyone pretending otherwise is simply being naive.

Everyone you meet is consciously and subconsciously analized as male or female, fuckable or not fuckable, gay or straight, tall or short, their race, and if they are attractive or not to you. Our minds are like a computer. This is why we can instantly pick up on a hot person. It's genetics-based on experience. Don't take this thread so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 152September 17, 2020 7:08 PM

Yes

Lots of effeminate straight men

Liberace

by Anonymousreply 153September 17, 2020 7:09 PM

Vicent(e) Minnelli.

by Anonymousreply 154September 17, 2020 7:12 PM

Dr. Smith on Lost in Space

by Anonymousreply 155September 17, 2020 7:13 PM

Mitch McTurtle

by Anonymousreply 156September 17, 2020 7:15 PM

Snagglepuss

by Anonymousreply 157September 17, 2020 7:16 PM

This video with Britney Spears, will.i.am, and Ryan Seacrest is perfect for this thread. I always assumed Ryan Seacrest was gay, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158September 17, 2020 7:20 PM

R158 like I could love Brit more. Incredible footage.

by Anonymousreply 159September 17, 2020 7:27 PM

I had a nurse when I was hospitalized with pneumonia. He pinged to high heaven.

When he was walking me in the corridor, we were discussing the state of the world. He said he sometimes goes home, buries his head in his wife's neck and cries.

by Anonymousreply 160September 17, 2020 7:32 PM

God, that is sad.

by Anonymousreply 161September 17, 2020 7:39 PM

[Quote] buries his head in his wife's neck

He swears he'll work his way down... eventually.

by Anonymousreply 162September 17, 2020 7:41 PM

sad sad sad, poor guys. it has to be horrible having to have sex with someone that you are not attracted.

by Anonymousreply 163September 17, 2020 8:15 PM

R163, I have sex with a fat orange turd and I make it work!

by Anonymousreply 164September 17, 2020 8:23 PM

The nelly "straight" guys usually know how they're perceived, so they mention their wife constantly--and unnecessarily--to try to prevent you from drawing the more obvious conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 165September 17, 2020 8:29 PM

R163 It's like eating a carrot. They probably don't like it but they can force themselves to do it when they need to. Not everyone values love/attraction/truth as much as status and power. Some just don't see the gayness as important part of their identity and are willing to trade them off.

by Anonymousreply 166September 17, 2020 8:31 PM

There truly are some effeminate straight guys.

I know one sissy-sounding, whiny dude who is a "total pussyhound." He pursues nothing else as doggedly in life and his multiple female partners attest to his promiscuity/ virility/ etc.

I also know a small business owner with effeminate mannerisms but a wife, kids and culturally straight / handy / mechanical / football, etc.

It turns out his father is a lisping sissy closet case. So I believe that some straight dudes just pick up fey mannerisms from women or the sissy Marys who raised them.

by Anonymousreply 167September 17, 2020 8:47 PM

Gay porn actor Yusuf Mack has multiple baby mamas. He was previously a boxer...

by Anonymousreply 168September 17, 2020 8:57 PM

R167 Does he fall in love with women or just use them for sex? He could be homoromantic bisexual. You never know.

by Anonymousreply 169September 17, 2020 8:57 PM

[Quote] I believe that some straight dudes just pick up fey mannerisms from women or the sissy Marys who raised them.

I don't.

by Anonymousreply 170September 17, 2020 8:59 PM

I don't get the "they pick up mannerisms from the person who raised them" thing.

I know plenty of nelly guys who were raised by macho dads, and guys raised by single moms who are totally redneck or thugged out

by Anonymousreply 171September 17, 2020 9:09 PM

Yes. They mention their wives more often than Lt. Columbo.

by Anonymousreply 172September 17, 2020 9:21 PM

R98 - yes, I know a woman like this. She's now 50, and I've known her since her 20s as we traveled in the same nightlife scene. She used to be quite beautiful and witty, especially to those she wished to charm, and was a vicious cunt to everyone else. Never single for long, she always had another guy waiting in the wings while she eased her way out of a current relationship that she was tired of. Rumor has it she always faked it with guys, and made them believe they were the first ones to give her pleasure during sex (eyeroll). It's incredible how many men fell for this deception, for fuck's sake. The egos! Infuriatingly, she ended up being married to fairly nelly man with his own successful business and family money. This same man is well-known for asking all her gay male friends if he could suck their cocks, and for crusing in all the gay bars. Apparently his family is super homophobic ("Bronx guido stock" according to someone who knows him personally). This undeserving bitch landed the perfect arranged marriage: she gets taken care of financially and can do what she wants, and he gets to fuck around because she doesn't care so long as he doesn't touch her. Lots of pics of PDA between them in photos to embellish the ruse. Oh well, she can have her marriage of convenience because girl looks like a bloated manatee these days. TIme is a harsh mistress!

by Anonymousreply 173September 17, 2020 9:21 PM

R148.

No, there are no nelly straight men. There are many weak and cowardy straight men, there are many strong and courageous gay men, but feminine men are gay.

by Anonymousreply 174September 17, 2020 10:12 PM

Not all straight guys are macho. Many are far from it.

by Anonymousreply 175September 17, 2020 10:17 PM

I don't know, R174. If gay men can be masc, then straight men can be nelly.

by Anonymousreply 176September 17, 2020 10:30 PM

gay man can PRETEND to be masc in the public, and some are very good at it

by Anonymousreply 177September 17, 2020 10:49 PM

Bullshit, r177. Many gay men are masculine.

by Anonymousreply 178September 17, 2020 11:03 PM

This thread is actually quite interesting.

I feel like we are in 1975 debating Liberace, Jim Nabors and Rock Hudson's sexuality.

Trust your gaydar boys

by Anonymousreply 179September 17, 2020 11:08 PM

Gay-for-pay is a totally different event than marriages of convenience, r168.

Those G4P guys are woman-oriented and they only hook up with guys for money. And they almost NEVER marry another dude. However, some A-gays like Calvin Klein and Karl Lagerfeld have had woman-oriented "kept boys."

by Anonymousreply 180September 17, 2020 11:13 PM

Yes, r169, the son is happily married to a woman with children and a little more butch than his father.

by Anonymousreply 181September 17, 2020 11:14 PM

r171, I totally believe there are different causes for different people and circumstances.

I generally think that people imitate what they like (unconsciously) or want to be like. Some gaybies relate better to women and adopt their ways. Some are dudes through and through an would rather be dudes and talk / act like their fathers.

And them some fathers are sissies and other fathers are gay, closeted sissies.

by Anonymousreply 182September 17, 2020 11:17 PM

You called?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183September 17, 2020 11:19 PM

r174 is just an ignorant, binary bigot stuck in the 1940s.

by Anonymousreply 184September 17, 2020 11:21 PM

I attended the Human Rights Campaign LGBTQ and friends concert at the 2008 Democratic Convention in Denver with Ellen, Cyndi Lauper and ...........Nelly!

I don't think we should assume someone is Gay because of they are nelly. This Generation Z is all fluid. Those stereotypes broke down about the same time as AOL chat rooms! (20 yrs ago). Why label?

by Anonymousreply 185September 18, 2020 12:13 AM

No, Gen Z is not "all fluid"

And I'd wager a lot of the people discussed in this thread are not "Gen Z" anyway

by Anonymousreply 186September 18, 2020 12:28 AM

R174, that’s exactly what I said. Reread it.

by Anonymousreply 187September 18, 2020 12:43 AM

R60 - I said it before and I will say it again, we are just better with women. Tbh I think most straight men would never give the woman more than a gruff and maybe ask for sex later, but that guy is actually acting human, which is what the frau is mixing up with love. Maybe he loves her for being a nice woman and a friend, but he pings to high heaven.

by Anonymousreply 188September 18, 2020 12:48 AM

[186] Study Says Only Two Thirds of Gen Z Is Straight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189September 18, 2020 12:49 AM

R80 - yeah, I think about that all the time. I bet a lot of the others on here have as well at times. But could you love that woman? Would it be fair?

by Anonymousreply 190September 18, 2020 12:49 AM

R189, that survey seems pretty dubious.

by Anonymousreply 191September 18, 2020 1:09 AM

WOW. There is absolutely no doubt that the man in R56 's vid is gay. Gay as a gay man can be. Not even good at acting straight... And no straight man would want his wife to cut her hair into that at all. There's no way that woman doesn't know either. They must have their reasons for pretending.

by Anonymousreply 192September 18, 2020 5:13 AM

R60 - he cries because he is gay or because of the actual state of the world (Trump, COVID, etc...cuz if it's that, I would also cry if I had a wife who would put up with it).

by Anonymousreply 193September 18, 2020 6:19 AM

Hey hennies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 18, 2020 6:35 AM

This thread is mostly about Americans so far, but a lot of Asian and Latino men throw my gaydar off completely. Even a lot of them that are straight have mannerisms that seem femme to us.

The conductor of my choir is Colombian, and when I first met him, he flamed so hot I had him figured as the gayest gay who ever gayed. Nope, he knocked up a woman and married her; now they have a second kid too, and he seems legit straight. That was a lesson to me on cultural stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 195September 18, 2020 9:12 AM

How cum he aged so badly? wtf happend to him? rode hard and put away wet i reckon

by Anonymousreply 196September 18, 2020 10:50 AM

Does "legit straight" mean he didn't offer to suck your cock?

by Anonymousreply 197September 18, 2020 10:52 AM

I’m in Pharma sales and I work with a lot of dermatologists. Almost every male derm pings to me because they’re such dandies. But I’m usually wrong. Just a bunch of high-level metrosexuals with easy access to fillers.

by Anonymousreply 198September 18, 2020 11:40 AM

Dirty old thug.

by Anonymousreply 199September 18, 2020 11:51 AM

Sen. Cottontail

by Anonymousreply 200September 18, 2020 11:55 AM

Any of you ever consider that maybe these men are bi?

by Anonymousreply 201September 18, 2020 12:49 PM

r56 & r192 he may be gay or straight, but I love their vibe. I don't know her age, but that woman is age rather nicely. Good bone structure. I hate that women cut their hair shirt, but with the grey and angles it really works on her.

by Anonymousreply 202September 18, 2020 1:58 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203September 18, 2020 2:40 PM

R195 yeah, and a lot of European and some English guys jam my gaydar too. Mind you its a piece of shit anyway.

That said theres an English guy Michael Portillo that does TV travel shows, he pinged to me, but he's married an all - but then I found the article above online

by Anonymousreply 204September 18, 2020 2:41 PM

R56 That queen looks at his wife the same way that Karl Lagerfeld looked at Cara Delevigne or Olivier Rousteing looks at Gigi Hadid. Gay designer and his beautiful muse!

by Anonymousreply 205September 18, 2020 3:12 PM

Bi men want dick in their assholes?

Nelly u nellie bitch.

by Anonymousreply 206September 18, 2020 3:54 PM

R206 - of course some do...it's why it is called Bisexual. I truly believe there are some men that like both. Personally I have no problem with it. To each his own.

by Anonymousreply 207September 18, 2020 7:48 PM

[QUOTE]Bi men want dick in their assholes?

Are you a straight woman? Bi men absolutely love dicks in their ass. Bisexual men are essentially vers bottoms. They prefer topping woman and bottoming for men. Go on bibros reddit, they all prefer being dominated by men and worship cock but not so much the ass.

by Anonymousreply 208September 18, 2020 8:21 PM

My law school section included a pearl-clutching, swish-walking married guy. He was actually on his second wife, having divorced the first one because she cheated on him. Sometime in our third year, we were out to dinner and I met the second wife, an obese frau. And off campus, he was nellier than ever. A couple of years after law school, I was discussing him with another classmate, who disclosed that he was a Scientologist. Ohhhhhhh!

by Anonymousreply 209September 18, 2020 10:20 PM

Are there no bi tops?

by Anonymousreply 210September 18, 2020 10:23 PM

I'm assuming there are few bi tops because they can already do that to women. Being with a man allows them to be pegged.

by Anonymousreply 211September 18, 2020 10:41 PM

[quote]So DL is a place where People believe all effeminate men are gay? In 2020? What a regressive, ignorant group of people.

I believe most are, especially the ones who came on to me, pinched my ass, flirted with me, or offered to pay my rent. All married or later got married to women.

by Anonymousreply 212September 18, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote] r208 Go on bibros reddit, they all prefer being dominated

Why would you believe anything you read on Reddit?

by Anonymousreply 213September 19, 2020 5:23 AM

"So DL is a place where People believe all effeminate men are gay? In 2020? What a regressive, ignorant group of people."

If the media is actively supporting your "revolutionary" progressiveness, you’re not progressive.

by Anonymousreply 214September 19, 2020 8:00 AM

I think we as gay men see it differently than heterosexual women. Personally, I see George Michael as the ultimate gay face if there ever was one. My roommate went to BBQ at a fellow American's house a few months ago, and this idiot kept trying to kiss her despite the woman saying she was interested in only friendship. He thought he would be very European by buying "elegant clothes" and he paired a suit they use for funerals here with sports sandals and dousing himself with imitation designer fragrance. Then he tried to "set the mood" by playing Elton John and George Michael on his flat-screen TV. (You can't make this stuff up). We laughed but she said that though they are gay, no woman she ever met didn't find George's dimples and sweet smile super sexy paired with his nice manner! Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 215September 19, 2020 8:15 AM

What do you mean "Go figure." If you like someone's looks, you may be attracted to them. It's not complex, dear.

by Anonymousreply 216September 19, 2020 9:34 AM

Old news, ev body know bout his gay ness.....

Him a butt boy

by Anonymousreply 217September 19, 2020 9:38 AM

R205 Yes.

Him: She’s gonna need so much less prep. It looks ss-

Her: sexy!

Him: -sssophisticated, sexy.

Her: common say it!

Him: yeah. *Looks down* she looks beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 218September 19, 2020 9:45 AM

Just watched a clip of Tom Cruise and director Doug Liman answering Google questions.

And if there was, anywhere, anytime, a bottom that FLAMED more flamboyantly than Miss Doug the big action movie director, I would like to shake their hand. Because this is an achievement for the books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219September 20, 2020 12:23 AM

Miles Heizer.

by Anonymousreply 220September 20, 2020 12:33 AM

Who is he/she? What she known for???

by Anonymousreply 221September 20, 2020 6:03 AM

"Hot in Herre" etc.

by Anonymousreply 222September 20, 2020 7:13 AM

I know a Mennonite guy who has 6 kids, and is the definition of nelly!

by Anonymousreply 223September 20, 2020 7:14 AM

Is David still a virgin? The fuzzy sweater must itch . . . take it off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224September 23, 2020 8:14 AM

[quote] it has nothing to do with "eating cooch".

Listen to this Abercrombie bumping his gums. Like as not he ain’t never had so much as a honey-cooler from a filly.

by Anonymousreply 225September 23, 2020 9:22 AM

Kevin Jonas embodies the spirit of this thread. His maniac fundie parents must think him a punishment sent by God.

He’s married with kids, and doesn’t even try to disguise his disdain for heteroseshuality. Like at 2:40 in this video, when at a singles mixer a friend he is wingmanning asks him “where’s the ladies?” and on seeing the room they are in is a sausage factory Kevin replies brightly “works for me!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 23, 2020 9:30 AM

R219 Liman is a loveable lunatic, and this is no more pronounced when he is sat next to chilly creepy robotic Tammy.

To work with as a director, Doug seems a blast. He made the fantastic and underrated movie GO!, and I’ll always appreciate him for that. Jay Mohr & Scott Wolf were two of his ensemble actors on GO! back in 1999 (playing an established closeted-gay couple, no less), and to this day the two talk about him with great affection and respect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227September 23, 2020 10:38 AM

who would want her old tore up hiney?

by Anonymousreply 228September 23, 2020 1:00 PM

R227, nobody said anything negative about Linney. He does seem like a lovely guy. Flaming from space, however, he definitely is. He also isn't openly gay and his career is based on movies that basically reaffirm hetero stereotypes.

I wonder why Tammy decided to work with him. Is she surrounding herself with gay men for comfort? Some closet cases tend to do this.

by Anonymousreply 229September 23, 2020 1:59 PM

Oops, Liman, not Linney^^

by Anonymousreply 230September 23, 2020 1:59 PM

David Spade embodies this persona, for me. Though by all accounts he is very hetero. What’s up with that?

by Anonymousreply 231September 24, 2020 11:30 PM

I’m a mental health nurse. I once worked with a prissy and short tempered consultant psychiatrist who was openly gay. He used to bring his long term male partner to work nights out. Fast forward a few years and I’m in a new job in a different area. The consultant was there too. This time he was married to a woman. He was really unpleasant to me, presumably because I had known him before he was “straight”. He mentioned his wife constantly. Then she got pregnant with twins, and he put photocopies of the babies’ ultrasound in the elevator at work.

by Anonymousreply 232September 25, 2020 6:39 AM

I've encountered a lot of these men in my life. I guess because I used to be cute. Hey, weren't we all. I took a summer course, speech class, at a local college and the prof had 6 kids, proudly showed the pictures. He was in his late 40s I guess. It came out in conversation he was the bro-in-law of a dentist who lived on my street. As a pretext of delivering my final grades, just in the neighborhood to visit that bro-in-law, he came by one day when I guess he assumed my parents would be at work. He came on to me and I had to literally push him out of the house. Granted he was not very nelly and in this case he had sort of fooled me up till then. More nelly was a local theater director who auditioned me and three other guys I knew for a play he hadn't yet found a venue for. All of us were between 25 and 30, playing soldiers in this play. The guy was about 70. He was married, had grown children, was a grandfather. But he came on to me one time when he gave me a ride after rehearsal. Both cases these guys got physical and I had to push them off me.

by Anonymousreply 233September 25, 2020 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!