Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Karen masks and wigs are a big Halloween trend: 'The scariest thing you can be on Halloween'

Pennywise? Yawn. Chucky, Jason and Ghostface? Puh-lease. If you really want to send chills down someone’s spine this Halloween, your costume has got to be Karen.

So says Kamoras Costumes, the Etsy retailer which bills its new — and fast-selling — latex rubber “Karen” mask as “the scariest thing you can be on Halloween.” Retailing for $180, the handmade mask is a riff on the viral “Karen” archetype — typically, a white, middle-aged woman who wants to speak to the manager or call the police — that’s picked up steam over the past year thanks to a series of highly publicized incidents involving anti-mask protests and complaints against Black people. This “Karen” sports the trademark choppy haircut, with yellowed teeth caught in an angry snarl and eyes reddened to a monstrous effect.

It’s one of two masks created by Kamoras Costume designer Jason Adcock, the other (now out-of-stock) dubbed “Karen-19” and featuring a sickly pallor and what appear to be fiery boils — a dig at those decrying mandates to wear face coverings in public.

“She thought she was slick calling you all sheep and look what happened,” Adcock — who has not yet responded to Yahoo Life’s request for comment — wrote in an Instagram post of the COVID-19-stricken character.

And while what happens this Halloween is anyone’s guess as the pandemic puts the kibosh on activities like trick-or-treating and spooky shindigs, it’s pretty clear that Karen is poised to be one of this year’s most popular costume trends — and could even edge out Joe Exotic.

Amazon has T-shirts emblazoned with “I Need To Speak To The Manager” alongside a name badge marked Karen, along with spiky, asymmetrical blond pixie cut wigs branded as “classic minivan Karen mom.” (One wig style, from the retailer Rubie’s, appears to have been repurposed from its original life as a tribute to TLC star and mom of eight Kate Gosselin, whose former hairdo is often associated with the Karen meme.)

Those clamoring for a couple’s costume need look no further than the “I’m With Karen” T-shirt, or the “Karen 2020: America Needs a New Manager” style.

Should you want to commit to the full Karen latex mask experience, you’ll need to act fast; Etsy lists the item as “low in stock.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2020 4:22 PM

The resemblance is uncanny.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 3:15 AM

rofl!

where can i get one?

i wanna be the central park cunt karen!

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 3:24 AM

[quote] i wanna be the central park cunt karen!

Which one?

There are so many.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 3:25 AM

How about a mask of this KAREN?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 3:26 AM

I'm so glad that hairstyle is being mandated out of polite society.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 3:30 AM

Disgusting racist shit. If someone sold a "stupid lazy Shaniqua" mask the store would be burned down.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 3:31 AM

R6 is right. Looks racist as shit.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 4:00 AM

Dear Racists @ R6 R7

Mocking racists isn't racism. This is:

[quote] stupid lazy Shaniqua

The culture sees you.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 5:01 AM

[quote] Disgusting racist shit. If someone sold a "stupid lazy Shaniqua" mask the store would be burned down.

DING DING DING R6 the twisted racist loser has hit the racism jackpot here.

1x multiplier: Reversing the roles of hostile racists as the being the real victims.

2x multiplier: Employ racist Shaniqua trope that's been sitting in the back of your warped mind for some reason

3x multiplier: Connects being black with arson.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 5:08 AM

R6 is unfortunately right. The fact that white women like herself can no longer have black people forcibly removed from public spaces or murdered without criticism shows a worrying anti-white (supremacist) trend in our country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 5:14 AM

Bwahhahaha.

So many pissed off Karens on this thread!

Truth hurts, doesn't it.

Well the public wants, what the public wants.

And this year, everyone wants to mock KAREN.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 7:31 AM

Karens are scarier than ghosts, demons, and trolls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 9:28 PM

R12 Even her shrubs look like klansmen

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote] Mocking racists isn't racism

Bullshit. Go back to Moscow.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 10:28 PM

r13 A thousand WWs to you

---

The people that bitch andmoan that this is "racist" are the same people that see nothing wrong with costumes that incorporate blackface and Native American headdresses, or are based on sexualizing non-White females (e.g. the sexy Japanese girl costumes). Take that same advice you dish to 'the others' and stop being so sensitive and easily triggered.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 11:06 PM

Karens are the scariest fucking things a person could be this year for Halloween.

Besides a Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2020 1:35 AM

So many to choose from!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2020 1:35 AM

Screeeeeech!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2020 1:36 AM

Fucking Karens, man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2020 1:41 AM

R15 is so tiresome

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2020 1:41 AM

The problem is that there is some truth to both the Entitled White Karen and Stupid Lazy Shaniqua stereotypes - there are quite a few of them out there.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2020 1:46 AM

R21 The problem is bigots and Nazis like you and we've been telling you this since at least the 40's and 60's.

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2020 1:53 AM

[quote] The problem is that there is some truth to both the Entitled White Karen and Stupid Lazy Shaniqua stereotypes - there are quite a few of them out there.

The difference is that white people have always made fun of "Shaniqua."

But Karens are finally being called out for the CUNTS that they are.

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2020 1:53 AM

Racist stereotyping. Don't try to mask it. Funny and wrong. It can be two things.

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2020 2:00 AM

Shaniquas can be cunts too, believe it or not. Cuntitude is not race-specific.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2020 2:05 AM

R24 Calling the lampooning of proven racist is an absurdity and shows that you do not know what racism is.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2020 2:05 AM

**calling the lampooning of proven racists racist itself

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2020 2:06 AM

R25 How sad is your life? How many black people have you met? Do you think your atrocious behavior is the reason you're alone and uncared for?

by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2020 2:08 AM

In R28 's simple little world all black people are saints and all white people evil Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 29September 17, 2020 2:11 AM

R28 watched any of the 100s of videos of black women jumping on McDonalds counters,throwing chairs in restaurants,etc ? Yes darling,that would be considered cunty behavior ergo black women can be Karen's too.

by Anonymousreply 30September 17, 2020 2:12 AM

R30 No, because I'm not a racist creep that wastes his time watching such videos. You've proven my point about what a despicable cretin you are and I think deep down you know it. You're blocked, please do me the same favor so we don't have to cross paths again. You really are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 31September 17, 2020 2:13 AM

Don't waste your time with R31. He/she/they is paranoid and unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 32September 17, 2020 2:16 AM

R30 Liking your own racist posts 3 times in separate browsers seconds after posting which I just saw you do shows that you have to conjure up support for your racism. How pathetic and weird.

by Anonymousreply 33September 17, 2020 2:16 AM

R33 - are you a diaper fetishist?

by Anonymousreply 34September 17, 2020 2:18 AM

I'm praying for the racist sockpuppet troll at

R29 R32 R31 R30 R34

who thinks liking her own posts five times in a matter of seconds is some sort indication that her racism and karenism might be tolerated in the real world these days. It's all she has. She can't shout at black people in public anymore so this is her outlet.

Pray for her.

by Anonymousreply 35September 17, 2020 2:21 AM

Notice how Deplorables always have to engage in whataboutism?

Black Lives Matter.

WELL WHITE AND BLUE LIVES MATTER TOO!!!

Karens are cunts.

WELL SHANIQUAS ARE CUNTS, TOO!!!!

Get your own fucking memes, asshole Deplorables!

by Anonymousreply 36September 17, 2020 2:21 AM

R35 is upset because he just shat himself.

by Anonymousreply 37September 17, 2020 2:22 AM

R29 R30 R32 R34 R37

You stupid fucking cunt. This website doesn't generate enough active traffic to qualify these WW's you've awarded yourself in HOURS let alone minutes or seconds in a thread like this.

Every time you opened a new browser the thread views went up by 1 and YOUR post gained another like.

You've been totally fucking exposed for what a deceitful little hateful creep you are that has to pretend there's more people like you in the world than there actually are.

I know you have some inkling of how pathetic this makes you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 17, 2020 2:28 AM

It can double as a Besty DeVos mask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 17, 2020 2:28 AM

Muriel should start banning sockpuppet trolls like R21 et all that like their own posts 13 times to encourage at least one other racist troll to come out of the woodwork and back it up. Or at least patch the bug that allows him/her to do it.

It's deceptive and creates the illusion that there are more of the "Shaniqua/McDonald Fight" racists on this board than there actually are.

by Anonymousreply 40September 17, 2020 2:32 AM

Why you troll farm bitches got to mess up a Halloween thread?!!

by Anonymousreply 41September 17, 2020 2:58 AM

Are Laquisha masks going to be big this year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 17, 2020 3:44 AM

I hate that picture. Her eyes are so sad it breaks my heart.

by Anonymousreply 43September 17, 2020 3:52 AM

I want one just like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 17, 2020 3:59 AM

This is the same shit that was thrown at Hillary Clinton by Obama bros (yelling "iron my shirts" at her during the Dem primary) and later Bernie bros. There is nothing political about a "Karen". She could be any type of voter. The lefty psychos are pretending she is "racist and republican" as an excuse for their lowlife misogyny.

Where is the "Karen's husband" mask? Where is the "Log Cabin Gay" mask? Plenty of right-wing types to pick on, but let's go ahead and pick on a woman, and since she's white, so much the better!

by Anonymousreply 45September 17, 2020 6:42 AM

^ Yet another Karen having an episode wondering what the commotion is all of the sudden about thousands of videos and experiences being shared of middle aged white women being racist, threatening and in many instances homicidal towards minorities.

Using feminism as a shallow veneer for your racism is unfortunately not going to cut it this time.

Of course, the real issue to R45 seems to be that this deep rooted, centuries lasting racism that continues today is being brought to light and not that it's actually happening.

Screaming 'misogyny' and white middle aged tears won't get you out of the spotlight should you decide to do something foolish like trying to have a black family kicked out a swimming pool because you don't like the sight of them or intentionally phoning the police hoping they'll murder a black person on your behalf.

This is what we're talking about. This is the racist violence you're issuing excuses for and denying. No more. We've had quite enough of racists and those that cover up for them.

by Anonymousreply 46September 17, 2020 9:20 AM

Tell it, R46!!

by Anonymousreply 47September 17, 2020 10:52 AM

Why do so many Karens have that choppy haircut? Who talked minivan soccer moms into thinking that was a good look?

by Anonymousreply 48September 17, 2020 11:42 AM

[quote] Why do so many Karens have that choppy haircut? Who talked minivan soccer moms into thinking that was a good look?

Because they don't have any gay friends.

Serves them right.

by Anonymousreply 49September 17, 2020 12:04 PM

I know a few really nice ladies who had a haircut similar to "the Karen", and when they went to their hairdresser, they said "I need either something completely different or a great wig!"

by Anonymousreply 50September 17, 2020 12:09 PM

DL people I know the ultimate KAREN with that CHOPPY haircut- The woman Kate Gosselin from JON AND KATE PLUS 8.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2020 12:14 PM

SF Karen is horrific!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2020 12:16 PM

Will it outsell the Freida Claxton Halloween mask?

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2020 12:18 PM

SF Karen is like a Bride of Satan.

by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2020 12:34 PM

R6 - so mocking females because they are white is not racist but mocking them because they are black is racist. Hmmmmm, ok, good look.

by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2020 12:57 PM

[quote]Because they don't have any gay friends.

That's gaycist. Not all gay men have an innate sense of fashion or desire to be walking stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2020 1:30 PM

R56 = DL's proudly frumpy queen.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2020 1:40 PM

Buying into another foreign operation to divide. I didn't expect more.

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2020 1:55 PM

R58 The epidemic of racism in this country that has spanned hundreds of years that you're just now being forced to acknowledge as a white person is not a "foreign operation to divide." You are a denialist that uses the pretense of "unity" to dismiss the reality of racism.

The racist white LIBERAL counterpart to the foaming-at-the-mouth racist conservative Malcolm X warned about.

You want to sing Kumbaya and stick your fingers in your ears without acknowledging there is a problem to begin with. It's akin to Holocaust denialism.

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2020 7:57 PM

Did no-one tell the manufacturers of consumer crap that Halloween is fucking cancelled this year?

by Anonymousreply 60September 17, 2020 8:00 PM

Why would anyone want this for a costume when there are already Karen’s everywhere you turn your head in real life? Not very original.

by Anonymousreply 61September 17, 2020 8:16 PM

I believe there's a strong theme of misogyny in this karen trend. Are there a ton of videos showing bitchy white women? Sure the Hell are -- but there's tons of assholes in other demographics NOT being recorded and shared because it's rare that anyone is going to stand close to men, gloating about recording, when they're losing their shit.

Same with recording people of other races, because it would look suspiciously racists (which yes it would be.) So we're left with it being safe to record white middle aged women because contrary to what's insinuated, it's for the very reason that they are NOT a threat, as it's being made out to be. If people felt in danger by these women acting out, they wouldn't be chasing them down, or openly in their face recording. Notice the lack of physical contact.

I don't blame vulnerable demographics for having a back up with camera evidence, but the absence of harrassment from anyone else but "Karens" should be considered before pretending that's the biggest threat in America. There's an entire system ruining the lives of minorities, but we're not supposed to look beyond the curtain.

by Anonymousreply 62September 17, 2020 9:01 PM

We have another candidate for hateful, racist and violent KAREN of 2020!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 17, 2020 9:04 PM

[quote] I believe there's a strong theme of misogyny in this karen trend.

No, what you believe is that because women are marginalized in society as well it gives them a pass to be as racist and homicidal as they'd like to be. What we're talking about here-- white women calling the police on black people or yelling "GUN!" when there's no gun in order to have black people assassinated is not the sanitized "bitchiness" you've conned yourself into believing it is-- it's attempted murder. It's racist violence. Violence that you think white women have no responsibility to own because sexism exists.

Emmitt Till was tortured, mutilated and killed on the words of a white woman that knew the power she wielded over both men and women who are black and brown in society. You do NOT get to blame the patriarchy or mental illness for the cornucopia of racist women that are now being filmed as the technology to DOCUMENT these crimes becomes more readily available.

by Anonymousreply 64September 17, 2020 9:14 PM

Thank you, R64!

Shut that fucking piece of shit R62 DOWN!

by Anonymousreply 65September 17, 2020 9:35 PM

That mask looks like a meth addict, not a Karen. Karen have perfect white veneered teeth and meticulously cared for skin and hair. Part of their entitlement is they've had access to the best of everything and they're STILL not happy.

by Anonymousreply 66September 17, 2020 9:39 PM

When these women filmed are identified they are 9/10 either business owners, occupy high skilled level jobs, or are otherwise fully functioning members of society. White Liberals diagnosing them over the internet baselessly with no qualification or evidence at all in order to abjure them of any responsibility for their actions is a racist coverup and it is NOT fooling the tens of millions of people that live this reality day in and day out.

by Anonymousreply 67September 17, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote]Karen have perfect white veneered teeth and meticulously cared for skin and hair.

If only you bothered to look at the videos in this thread right here.

by Anonymousreply 68September 17, 2020 10:12 PM

One thing is for sure.

Karens are definitely ugly and scary.

Perfect for Halloween!

by Anonymousreply 69September 17, 2020 10:17 PM

Anyone screaming “misogyny” at anyone who calls out these racist ofay bitches is a misandrist.

R64, I see your Emmett Till and I raise you a Leo Frank.

by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2020 4:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!