Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends, what do you say about this unique sunny bedroom in Los Feliz?

Why have a real bedroom when for the low price of 1250 a month you can live on the deck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 10:39 PM

Does it come with bedbugs?

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 2:42 AM

Sounds like an illegal sublet to me. I know it's LA, but I'm guessing there's no heat.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 2:50 AM

Every bug imaginable would be able to walk into that space r1.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 2:50 AM

Is that an illegally enclosed balcony?

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 2:57 AM

I don't know how anyone could live in such squalor.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 2:58 AM

Oh, OP. You can do better than this.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 3:05 AM

That's hilarious. I was looking for a place in Los Feliz in the 90s and they were trying to rent some bedroom as an "apartment"--the "kitchen" was a hot plate in the hall! So they're still crazy.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 3:25 AM

The private bathroom is shared. This is not a private bathroom then. Why lie?

Lots of problems here with landlord scum, just my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 3:29 AM

This is illegal in California. I hope they get reported and fine.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 3:31 AM

Rewatching the kiko episode. They were docked. They could have, Sandy or bravo. had this meal, or part of this meal catered.

This show is so fake.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 3:40 AM

It's a porch! It'll get hot as fuck in there on summer days and really chilly at night. It would be like living in a third world country, only for the self hating masochistic.

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 3:59 AM

My place is just a little bigger than this, but I pay $700 per month. And it's not a fucking patio. And no roommates. This place, if legal, should only be about 400 per month.

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 4:06 AM

You can get something much bigger in the Valley. Not as cool, I know.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 5:35 AM

The "landlords" are on crack...or meth...or..something. What an insane asking price for renting a porch with shared everything. I know that LA is expensive, but this would be insane just about anywhere outside of inside a swanky beach house on the water in Malibu. And that rented room would no doubt look far better than this. I agree with the above posters that this is an illegal sublet and they will likely be trying to rent tons of other "rooms" in this apartment to any interested takers. This is not even the swanky part of Los Feliz - and even there renting a porch with no facilities for that price would be insane.

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 6:13 AM

I can't get over the price. I get trying to do illegal shitty rooms, but they should be cheap! They are seriously trying to get 1250 to live on a porch.

Maybe in a hot neighborhood in San Francisco, but who on earth would actually succumb to this for Los Feliz. The LA rental market isn't *that* crazy.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 3:28 PM

Los Feliz is a beautiful part of Los Angeles--70 year old growth landscaping, Spanish 30s architecture, all other styles from Gothic to modern, up on a hill. but it also has a creepy rep with some murders committed around there.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 6:11 PM

R16 - there are many beautiful homes there, but there's a lot of 'nothing' too. Not much to walk to - a pitiful assortment of a handful of bars and restaurants.

I don't understand why anyone would want to live there - or in Silverlake for that matter. Both of those neighborhoods are so over-hyped. Silverlake is supposedly the most 'hipster' neighborhood - and it really is not a neighborhood at all.

As for this place, for a little bit more, you could split a 2BR. These people are insane.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 6:21 PM

For $1250 a month? I’d rent a room out in the valley and retain my pride before I move into a glorified patio.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 6:47 PM

Next up: This spacious "alternative housing" in Malibu! Only $1500/mo! Must provide own fire insurance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 7:47 PM

That will be the first part of the house to burn.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2020 7:51 PM

I live in LA and it is illegal. However, it is probably an okay deal as prices are unreal. I would worry about how hot it gets with all the windows. You might want to get them to reduce to $1,000. Also, I would make sure that the street parking is going to be okay.

With all said, you might want to look around further as there is lots for rent....people are getting out of LA because it is becoming a cesspool and more dangerous. I have 6 more years til retirement and I am out of here!!!

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 7:55 PM

[quote] The private bathroom is shared.

The way the ad reads to me makes it sound like it's just the shower stall that's shared. The half bath is private to the sun room. But who knows. Sounds like the owners are in over their heads and can't afford the place unless they turn it into a boarding house.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 8:01 PM

I hope you like lots of sunlight and heat.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 8:07 PM

[Quote]However, it is probably an okay deal as prices are unreal

No, if you are looking to rent a room you can find MUCH better deals for 1250 than this r21.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 8:10 PM

The half-bath is probably a bucket and a wash basin.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 8:53 PM

A "former sunroom".

It looks like a current sunroom.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 9:02 PM

The hanging noose doll is a nice touch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2020 9:02 PM

Exposed wood beams, original saltillo tile floors, tree top views, California indoor-outdoor living...what's not to love?

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 10:30 PM

R24, yes you can in the hood or ghetto.

This is a DLer who wants to live in a desirable area. Shame on you!!

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 10:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!