Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Harkles' Netflix deal and bargain of a house is just the rich taking care of the rich.

There is no other explanation. They got a Montecito estate downpriced almost 50%. And in what Universe they are qualified for a 100 million dollar Netflix deal?

I mean if Netflix wanted to enter the woke market, there are other celebrities like the Clooneys or DiCaprio who have decades more experience than those two twats.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 3:07 AM

Have you ever been around rich people OP? Doesn't sound like it.

Rich people are rich because they don't give 2 fucks about others. No rich person is going to give free money to anyone, apart from philanthropy that get's their name on a plaque outside some school, etc.

Prince Charles is rich and he helped his son get the house. End of story.

No conspiracy theory here, so move on.

by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 1:09 AM

The rich TV executives hire rich retired athletes to be "commentators" and pick up more fat checks. I can think of other examples, but that's one that was annoying me earlier today.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 1:51 AM

Please don't jinx their Netflix deal, OP. I'm expecting great things from it.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 2:15 AM

I know someone who bought his kids an island. It was his money so who cares. Whatever you don't have is on you. It's not the elite or the rich people's problem. You aren't paying the bill. Netflix is.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 2:56 AM

R1 But, the rich DO help the rich..."rich" isn't just individuals; it's corporations. And, rich corporations love doing business with famous rich people who might help them make more money OR make them look good in some way.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 3:00 AM

But where do you think Netflix gets its money? From US!

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 3:00 AM

And. You are paying for a service. It's not tax. Why does Netflix have to explain to you where they spend their money. It's a business.

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 3:04 AM

Rich retired athletes that are household names and have had various sponsorships for years R2

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 3:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!