Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SAD LAST DAYS: Michelle Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas and Knots Landing

Looks like she's not long for this world at age 76.

She's been showing up on daughter Chynna's YouTube channel but seems propped up at all times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226September 28, 2020 3:03 PM

Mama Michelle propped up on the hot seat, talking Jesus with Chynna:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 16, 2020 12:30 AM

Michelle lives In my neighborhood and that was taken on her front porch. She seems very peaceful. I haven't seen her in a while but she's a nice lady.

by Anonymousreply 2September 16, 2020 12:34 AM

OMG! WTF happened to Michelle? Guess the excesses of the 60s and 70s finally caught up with her.

One of my aunts is 78, she looks amazing. She hasn't had a stitch of plastic surgery. She never did recreational drugs or drank alcohol, but smoked well into her 50s. She's a cancer survivor. I guess it is all about the genes?

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 12:35 AM

She kept her looks for a long time. 76 is old, but not old old. It looks like she's given up on trying to hold on to her beauty, which is understandable. To maintain your looks at that age you have to incredibly disciplined. A Martha Stewart can do it, but at a certain point I think you just want to relax and live.

by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 12:36 AM

Good for her. Let her be. Nice to see her embracing her age and not trying to be younger.

by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 12:37 AM

She looks pretty normal for 76. She's an elderly woman.

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 12:38 AM

Give her a break. It was a video shot in her living room in a relaxed setting. How good would you queens look if someone came to your house after a couple glasses of wine and started videoing?

by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 12:38 AM

Just for comparison:

Nancy Pelosi is 80.

Martha Stewart is 79.

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 12:40 AM

She seems, well, spry. I don't think these are her last days.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 12:40 AM

You get the looks you deserve.

by Anonymousreply 10September 16, 2020 12:42 AM

R10 LOL

by Anonymousreply 11September 16, 2020 12:44 AM

It doesn't look as if Michelle had a face lift. I guess she looks like a real 76 year old, not the celebrity version of a 76 year old.

Yet, there are many older people who still look amazing. I know a couple from my neighborhood, they were both models, they never partied hard and both are mid-70s, they look much younger. If they had plastic surgery, it's amazing. I can't detect it.

I saw this couple a few weeks ago at the local Rite-Aid, I always talk to them. I said, "I need to know what you secret is." They always tell me the same, "We basically took good care of ourselves, never partied, never took drugs, we we never heavy drinkers, we always exercised, we still walk a lot and perhaps never having children helped, that alleviated a lot of stress."

by Anonymousreply 12September 16, 2020 12:47 AM

well, she still looks better than Cass ever did.

by Anonymousreply 13September 16, 2020 12:50 AM

Look at her in comparison to Madonna. Michelle looks better!

by Anonymousreply 14September 16, 2020 12:55 AM

I was actually more struck by how haggard Chynna looks at only 52. Does she have an eating disorder? She's extremely thin and seems to be losing her hair. It's concerning.

by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 12:55 AM

Michelle looks her age. She sounds pretty with it, though. She does have that old lady "I no longer give a shit, take it or leave it" vibe.

What's with Chynna's hairline? She looks half bald.

by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 12:57 AM

Her (lack of) grooming is the problem here. She’s almost bald and what little hair she has left looks stringy, uncombed and unwashed. She’d look 100x better if she did something with her hair or at least washed and combed it.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 12:57 AM

I saw this video about 10 days ago and thought this would be the perfect youtube video to post on datalounge. She really looks OLD. Martha Stewart is as someone pointed out 4 years older and doesn't seem so ANCIENT.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 12:57 AM

Michelle clearly never wore sunscreen- That is 80% of the reason she looks so old. She looks pretty bad for her age- SUNSCREEN!!!! Wear it every day. However, she seems like a cool old lady though!

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 1:00 AM

Her gums are receding from her veneers. It's a little Cryptkeeper-like.

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2020 1:04 AM

I forgot how HORRID Chynna is. Her comment about the video " Hey friends! My mother does not believe that Jesus is God and this is her greatest stumbling block. So although she was baptized when she was eleven, she didn’t understand the eternal covenant she was entering into with Christ when she was submerged in the water. MY MAMA WILL COME TO JESUS ‼️‼️‼️‼️ Also, I’m gonna try a softer approach next time, promise 😂. "

What a horrid person.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 1:06 AM

Omg...she was on DL fave Knots Landing! Not just mama papas. Heres a pic from an award show. There's a hint of osteoporosis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 1:08 AM

Chynna says gays are sinners. Here, she tries to get her gay assistant to accept Jesus and asks him if sexual abuse caused him to "choose to become" gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 1:08 AM

I can't stand religious people. Can't fucking stand them.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 1:08 AM

She held onto her looks for a LONG time, now she doesn't give a shit. She's been retired for awhile so she doesn't have to maintain herself. At that age, it's a full-time job and costs a fortune. The reason other older women like Susan Sarandon and Demi Moore look like they do is because they're still working and need to look that way to get jobs.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 1:10 AM

Michelle and Priscilla Presley should team up and do a revival of Side Show: The Final Chapter.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 1:11 AM

Wow, Donna Mills is older than Michelle Phillips!

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2020 1:11 AM

I don't mean this in a shady way or as a backhanded compliment, but I have to admire people who possess great beauty in their youth who let it "fade" as they get older. It's much nicer to see someone "succumb" to aging and look like a human being than to cut up their face and end up belonging in the uncanny valley. I think at some point they must just think "enough" and focus on living/enjoying their old age instead of clinging onto their youth. Obviously Michelle Phillips has had procedures done, but she looks decent enough.

Also, how is she "propped up"? She's sitting on a chair... she clearly holds herself up at the end of the first video, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 1:12 AM

She looks like a very pretty older lady at r28.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 1:15 AM

[quote]Just for comparison:

Nancy Pelosi is 80.

Martha Stewart is 79.

Pelosi obviously would look just as old without her hair and makeup. I think Pelosi is very elderly looking, even when she's in full drag. She thinks she's Jane Fonda with those big implanted tits and too red lips. Nancy's skin is t h i n and looks like waxed tissue paper. She'd never be caught dead looking like Michelle Phillips though - that's the big difference.

Martha is Polish. Polish don't crack. And she's never starved herself or subjected herself to too many drugs or surgeons. She's had the best exercise of all, riding horses, gardening, kneading bread and counting money. And sex. Martha gets laid.

My mother is 10 years older than Michelle Phillips. She doesn't get mistaken for 60, but she's got a great hairstyle, wears makeup and clean clothes, in style for her age. Current glasses, the right lip color and concealer. Yes, she hangs with family in her bathrobe, but she doesn't look the mess that Michelle Phillips does. She's not happy, she's always been a narcissist and selfish bitch. Her children are INSANE.

Michelle likes attention. I think she is mastubating in that photo. Some women who lose their looks are just arrogant enough to go too far in not caring. That's not what 76 looks like. She doesn't look unwell either. Just pleased with herself, as always. That kitty cat grin. Her kids will never heal until she's dead and she'll be here forever. Bitches like her never fucking die and they take all YOUR money before they go. She's a grotesque. And she was never more than pretty. Pretty lethal.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2020 1:16 AM

R21 At least we know Michelle is more mentally sound than her fundie daughter.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2020 1:22 AM

You can keep this things going for ever, Darlink. And what's wrong with that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2020 1:23 AM

Stockard Channing, 76

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2020 1:29 AM

[quote]That's not what 76 looks like.

That's pretty average for 76. We're just used to seeing celebs who've had a ton of work done and are reed thin. She looks decent for her age.

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2020 1:30 AM

R32 -- wouldn't it be nice if she could become a big Lifetime-esque love story, where she and her ex-husband, the father of her three kids, reconcile and get back together through her frequent visits to him in the New York prison?

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2020 1:30 AM

Michelle has been aging not-so-greatly since Knots Landing went off in 1993. By the 1997 Knots reunion movie, she looks like she aged a good decade or more.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2020 1:39 AM

She was on Bandstand in the mid-70s. Although the song she performed didn’t become a hit, I remember really liking it. But her limited solo discography doesn’t ring a bell. And her Bandstand appearance isn’t on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2020 1:40 AM

[quote]I guess it is all about the genes?

Yep. My great-grandfather lived to 104 - he was more tobacco than man.

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2020 1:41 AM

"All the sheets are brown... and my skin is grey"

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2020 1:43 AM

It’s also true that blondes don’t age as well.

by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2020 1:49 AM

I love her porch! Great use of color.

by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2020 1:53 AM

She and Christie Brinkley are about the same age, yet Christie looks 30 years younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2020 1:54 AM

OMG! WTF happened to Chyna ?

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2020 1:55 AM

[quote] She and Christie Brinkley are about the same age, yet Christie looks 30 years younger.

Christie is 66 and has a brand new body.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2020 1:57 AM

God, I want to strangle Chynna.

Can she ever go 2 minutes without mentioning Jesus?

I fucking hate these entitled, preachy Christian supremacists. Imagine having been a gorgeous rock star and TV star like Michelle Phillips, banging every stud you could wrap your legs around, only to be stuck in your old age with a cunt of a daughter preaching to you 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2020 1:58 AM

Michelle’s teeth look bad - if they were cleaner/whiter, she would look fantastic but either the lighting throws weird shadows or they really are in bad shape. Barring that, she looks fantastic. And I think it’s really lovely how close they are.

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2020 2:01 AM

time is a cruel mistress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2020 2:04 AM

Eating a banana while lipsynching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2020 2:07 AM

I don't think she looks too bad. Get her a wig from Jane Fonda's closet, do her make up, the right dress and she can do the red carpet again.

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2020 2:08 AM

Billy Baldwin, who occasionally appears, has not aged well.

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2020 2:15 AM

I'm a big fan of Mama's and papas music but I have to agree with r30. The Phillips are a nasty bunch.

by Anonymousreply 51September 16, 2020 2:15 AM

Chynna is absolutely insufferable. Michelle is doing the only thing you can do to retain your sanity when you have a fundie relative: nod and sigh and chuckle and IGNORE.

by Anonymousreply 52September 16, 2020 2:15 AM

"Mama Michelle opens her heart up" ... for emergency surgery.

by Anonymousreply 53September 16, 2020 2:22 AM

Michelle was my favorite part of Joan Collins' interview book My Friends' Secrets, which included Ivana Trump, Ali MacGraw, Shirley Bassey, Shirley Maclaine, Angie Dickinson, and Stefanie Powers. Joan interviewed Michelle on her porch, and Michelle came off as the most normal one. A straight-talker, rebel, a happy pot smoker, and not a person who is bothered that much by aging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 16, 2020 2:33 AM

I've always liked MIchelle. She comes across as very intelligent and level-headed. It is odd how Chynna turned into such a Jesus freak, though. She definitely didn't get that from Michelle. And Billy seems pretty liberal on Twitter (he really hates Trump). So I don't know why she went the Jesus Freak route.

by Anonymousreply 55September 16, 2020 3:01 AM

One police detective working the Tate-LaBiance murders who had interviewed John and Michelle Phillips said he came to the conclusion that John Phillips was sleeping with half of Hollywood and Michelle was sleeping with the other half..

Michelle was also close friends with Tamar Hoedel, the daughter of George Hoedel, who had a long-term incestuous affair with his daughter, may have fathered a child with his daughter, and has been credibly accused of many other crimes.

While Tamar Hoedel wasn't responsible for the things her father did to her - she was damaged by those experiences. And sadly, Tamara continued the cycle of abuse and neglect with her own children. Tamar and Michelle were so close, Tamar was known as Michelle's mentor.

The face you have when you're young is largely genetics - the face you have at Michelle's age is the one you've earned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 16, 2020 3:09 AM

Chyna is sooooooo mentally ill. Her version of religion is particularly fucked up, that UBER JESUS thing that I’ve seen drive people truly deeply insane. Why does no one in her family get her some help?

by Anonymousreply 57September 16, 2020 3:15 AM

Michelle believed Tamar's account of sexual abuse by her father but didn't believer Mackenzie.

by Anonymousreply 58September 16, 2020 3:17 AM

It's probably more difficult to believe that your ex-HUSBAND fucked his DAUGHTER than it is to believe the abuse of a friend.

by Anonymousreply 59September 16, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote]76 is old, but not old old.

Well, considering that that average life expectancy in the USA is 78, I guess I have to take issue with that comment.

by Anonymousreply 60September 16, 2020 3:20 AM

^^^ that the

by Anonymousreply 61September 16, 2020 3:21 AM

Michelle is very sick. people age differently and drugs and alcohol do damage. But she looks like a cancer victim in late stages.

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2020 3:28 AM

R62 Have you actually seen someone with late-stage cancer? I mean... okay...

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2020 3:29 AM

Peggy Lipton, the other blonde hippy dream girl of the late 60s/early 70s, aged better than Michelle. Peggy looked really good even in the Twin Peaks Revival when she was sick with cancer. Of course, now she's gone and Michelle is still with us. Life is a crapshoot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2020 3:30 AM

If her makeup and hair were done she'd look pretty much exactly like she did here in 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65September 16, 2020 3:31 AM

I loved fucking my dad!

by Anonymousreply 66September 16, 2020 3:32 AM

R64 Okay, but Peggy Lipton is dead and Michelle Phillips is alive... so guess who had the last laugh?

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2020 3:34 AM

She’s bald and her face looks puffy like she’s on steroids. She’s propped up. I don’t know what’s wrong with her but she looks very ill to me. My mother who died at 90 looked better than Michelle in that video.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2020 3:35 AM

The difference at a certain point is money. Unless you drink like Ivana. Then you becone grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2020 3:37 AM

Chynna was a good-looking young woman, but she looks half-bald and nuts now. She must get the wispy hair from Michelle.

Peggy Lipton made some good-looking daughters with Quincy Jones. In fact, all of his 6 daughters are attractive--his daughter with Natassja Kinski is drop-dead gorgeous. His son isn't bad-looking, either. Quincy isn't a handsome man, but a family of 7 and not one ugly-duckling in the bunch? That's unusual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2020 3:38 AM

Exactly R63. What a curious observation. Michelle looks fat and lazy and happy as can be. Like she's had a lot of drinks daily for many years and snacks. Many tasty snacks. It's so weird what people and the press label as beautiful. She's looked middle aged and plump....since middle age. I'm willing to bet she's never exercised a day in her life. And now she looks - old, fat and lazy. Happy as can be. Her INSANE daughter has over 5,000 youtube subscribers!! Michelle may have some arthritis. Spending most of your life on your knees and back will do that to you later in life.

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2020 3:39 AM

[quote]The Phillips are a nasty bunch.

Yeah, Michelle included, and for all the talk on DL about various psychopaths and bipolars, the average person can't recognize someone who has a serious personality disorder. If I hadn't grown up with a relative who was the exact kind of person Michelle is, i.e. a "straight talker" whose anecdotes always were about self-aggrandizing themselves or excusing past behavior, I wouldn't recognize it.

Of course I have no idea if she's got a personality disorder or not, but I know a lot of the things she's done in the past, and I know how her kids and step kids turned out, and we know that she's lied more than once when talking about the Mamas and the Papas, so I don't personally buy into the "smart straight-talkin' everyday lady" image.

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2020 3:39 AM

What's so bad about her? She's never lived a terribly scandalous life. She's probably self-absorbed, but that's most famous people.

by Anonymousreply 73September 16, 2020 3:41 AM

[quote]Peggy Lipton is dead and Michelle Phillips is alive... so guess who had the last laugh?

Michelle is gonna die too, you know. So will you. Death isn't karma or punishment or just desserts, it's something that happens to everyone.

And why would you stan someone who celebrates the fact that another actress got cancer and died? Who thinks that way? "You're DEAD Peggy, ha! I got the last laugh!" Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 74September 16, 2020 3:41 AM

R60 Actually, the life expectancy from birth for white women in the US is a little over 81 years. At 75 years old, a white woman's life expectancy is 88 years.

by Anonymousreply 75September 16, 2020 3:44 AM

[quote]She's never lived a terribly scandalous life.

Michelle Phillips? Really?

by Anonymousreply 76September 16, 2020 3:45 AM

Fun fact: Quincy Jones had his DNA tested for a TV program on African American lives, and he has 34% European ancestry. It explains why many of his children look very caucasian--Kadida, Rashida, and Kenya in particular. It's not just the fact that their mothers were white. In fact, he's descended from the Lanier family (the same one Tennessee Williams descended from), and they had French court musicians in their family history. He attributes some of his musical genius to them.

by Anonymousreply 77September 16, 2020 3:45 AM

In R65's photo, it looks like Michelle has been dealing with some pretty advanced rheumatoid arthritis in her hands. My elderly mom is, too. It's very debilitating and often reflects advancement of the disease ongoing elsewhere in the body at the same time, as well. Wishing her the best with her health in these years.

by Anonymousreply 78September 16, 2020 3:45 AM

Being gay, I couldn't work for Chynna, especially when she calls being gay a choice or, basically, conflates homosexuality with pedophilia. Like no, Chynna, most people who "chose" the gay path weren't molested as kids. And if we were, it was by straight men like your dad.

by Anonymousreply 79September 16, 2020 3:47 AM

That would explain the puffy face--she's probably taking steroid treatments.

by Anonymousreply 80September 16, 2020 3:47 AM

I almost got Michelle’s role on Knots Landing. How I would have loved to play against my great friends Joan and Michele! Soon you will be able to catch me as the new Katherine Chancellor on CBS’s THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, the #1 daytime drama series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81September 16, 2020 3:50 AM

Wine, whiskey, cheese and pastrami explain her face.

by Anonymousreply 82September 16, 2020 3:51 AM

On filming "Valentino" with Nureyev:

Michelle Phillips, for one, found Nureyev's behavior in Spain far from sociable. “It was pretty tense,” she told me in London. “Rudolf had just come from New York, where he had a tiring ballet season. He hadn't really worked on his script. He hadn't had time, whereas everyone else did. Also, he was coming out of the ballet aura into something terribly foreign to him. The ‘family’ of a production was new to him. Well, it took him several days to get relaxed enough to meet everyone, except that people had to make an effort to go to him‐and that was hard. Nureyev does not encourage sociability. Anyway, a lot us had to swallow our pride and go up to him and say, ‘Hi! I'm so‐and‐so, and I'm playing the part of such‐and‐such.’ At one point, some of us went to Ken Russell and told him that we felt the strain could be alleviated if we all had a big dinner together. And that's what finally happened. At least it helped to break the ice little.”

by Anonymousreply 83September 16, 2020 3:53 AM

Nureyev was such a diva. By all accounts he had terrible hygiene, too. I'm sure filming those sex scenes with him was anything but sexy.

by Anonymousreply 84September 16, 2020 3:58 AM

She's weirdly disordered. A catty bitch. No insight, all vanity. The lack of attention to her grooming and presentation now is just another side to her vanity. Very unlikeable woman. Not beautiful at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 16, 2020 4:00 AM

Chynna pings hard to me, always has. Strong closet-case vibes.

by Anonymousreply 86September 16, 2020 4:01 AM

Do we have a stealth Phillips-clan troll on our hands? Recently there have been several threads about The Mamas and the Papas, Chynna's videos, and now this thread... hmmm, who honestly cares about Chynna and Michelle Phillips enough to start so many threads about her? I'm suspicious that we have a clever troll on our hands, who learned from the follies of the Ryan O'Neal troll and has now become more stealthy and restrained. 🤔

by Anonymousreply 87September 16, 2020 4:04 AM

No, I am not part of the Great Phillips Conspiracy.

I just saw this on another site and thought it was ideal DL fodder. I'm not aware of other recent Chynna and Michelle posts either.

What is there really to say about them, other than Chynna is a religious nut?

by Anonymousreply 88September 16, 2020 4:06 AM

Did Michelle go to Kevin Dobson's funeral last week?

by Anonymousreply 89September 16, 2020 4:11 AM

R74 I just don't get the value of pointing out the fact that someone may have aged better than another person.. despite them being dead. Peggy Lipton aged better than Michelle Phillips, so what? Where did that get her?

by Anonymousreply 90September 16, 2020 4:13 AM

All her liver spots are brown.

And her hair is gray....

by Anonymousreply 91September 16, 2020 4:16 AM

She seemed so grounded and pragmatic—especially about teaching her kids about drugs and sex—in the '90s.

And she raised a fundie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 16, 2020 4:18 AM

Looks better than Lady Gaga. Could probably dance better, too.

by Anonymousreply 93September 16, 2020 4:20 AM

What's the point of talking about Michelle Phillips aging at all, R90? Yet here we are. Bringing up one of her contemporaries who aged better but died younger is a relevant contribution.

by Anonymousreply 94September 16, 2020 4:29 AM

She basically collapses onto the couch around 15:00 in the video at R1, which reveals she's almost totally bald.

Aging is sad. I wish it weren't, but it just is.

by Anonymousreply 95September 16, 2020 4:32 AM

Did she always have buck teeth? Or did that sort of “just happen” as she slid into middle age?

by Anonymousreply 96September 16, 2020 4:43 AM

She always had big teeth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 16, 2020 4:52 AM

R97 I think something about older photographs, tv, film etc is much more forgiving of people’s imperfections . They just sort of “blend in.” I’m not sure when that changed. I know everyone will say high def but i think it happened quite a bit before that.

by Anonymousreply 98September 16, 2020 4:55 AM

Everybody gets old and loses their looks. Compared to a lot of mid-70s women I see, she doesn't look too bad.

by Anonymousreply 99September 16, 2020 4:57 AM

R33 Well, she was like 40 when she played 17 yr old Rizzo in Grease.

by Anonymousreply 100September 16, 2020 4:58 AM

^^She was 34.

by Anonymousreply 101September 16, 2020 5:05 AM

Stockard Channing looks like she stole Leatherface's mask. At least Michelle resembles a human still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102September 16, 2020 5:06 AM

She looks just fine for her age and seems sharp as a tack. Her daughter Chynna is born again and kinda hating on gay people which is sadly typical.

by Anonymousreply 103September 16, 2020 5:16 AM

I don't think it was so much that she doubted Mackenzie, but just thought it was embarrassing for the family. Michelle hated John.

If your mom is a party girl, and Michelle was, how do you rebel? You become a fundie.

by Anonymousreply 104September 16, 2020 5:24 AM

Rockers never seem to make it past 75.

by Anonymousreply 105September 16, 2020 7:14 AM

Am I the only one who used to think Busy Phillips was her daughter?

by Anonymousreply 106September 16, 2020 8:50 AM

I'll just leave this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 16, 2020 8:53 AM

I saw Chynna on the Kelly Clarkson show earlier this year and started a thread about how bad she looked.

I couldn't believe that Carnie looked better than her.

Chynna's hairline is receding almost as badly as mine!

by Anonymousreply 108September 16, 2020 9:06 AM

You guys are nuts. She's 75. She looks real world 75. Yes, she likely enjoys her wine and cheese, but who cares? She lived her life. She had an amazing one. She at the nothing left to prove stage.

by Anonymousreply 109September 16, 2020 9:12 AM

I fucking hate these entitled, preachy Christian supremacists. Imagine having been a gorgeous rock star and TV star like Michelle Phillips, banging every stud you could wrap your legs around, only to be stuck in your old age with a cunt of a daughter preaching to you 24/7.

I was thinking that too; somewhere Cass is laughing about slutty Michelle being forced to spend her dotage with a Jesus freak!

by Anonymousreply 110September 16, 2020 9:57 AM

She was well-cast as Anne Matheson, and brought an enjoyable breeziness to the character Knots' writers increasingly didn't seem to know how to write for.

Early, aging socialite Anne I loved. Wacky caper Anne in the final few seasons, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 111September 16, 2020 10:03 AM

Wow how did her kid become such a nut? What the?

by Anonymousreply 112September 16, 2020 10:08 AM

Aging is a mystery. Especially for women. It seems that good bone structure and a thick head of hair and retaining slenderness assures a person ages well. Getting fat is so unhealthy as you age. It puts much stress on your bones. If blessed with good skin, always maintain it. Disease will hit you - and you must not let it knock you out. Just recover and keep going. This applies to both men and women. The Phillips woman is a mess. Her daughter ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 113September 16, 2020 11:02 AM

Yes, the most important thing when you're old and contract a disease is to make sure it doesn't lessen your physical comeliness.

by Anonymousreply 114September 16, 2020 1:20 PM

As has been said, we're so used to seeing celebrities who have been surgeried and Botoxed with smooth, plastic faces when we see a celeb who has more or less aged naturally it looks weird to us. We're not used to it anymore. She looks fine for her age, she's an elderly woman and that's what most elderly women look like.

by Anonymousreply 115September 16, 2020 2:01 PM

No wonder Carnie and Wendy headed for the hills after 2 albums.

Sending out my deepest, heartfelt apologies to Carnie, who I'd always pegged as the annoying one in the group...my bad!

by Anonymousreply 116September 16, 2020 2:04 PM

Maybe Chyna was hanging out too much with Stephen and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 117September 16, 2020 2:06 PM

Funny to think that Brian Wilson was probably a more well-adjusted father than John Phillips.

by Anonymousreply 118September 16, 2020 2:06 PM

This is what celebrity women used to look like as they aged. Katharine Hepburn, Lucille Ball, Claudette Colbert etc. looked pretty much the same in their 70s as Michelle does now. We're just unaccustomed to seeing it because it's been a fairly long time since this was the norm for aging amongst famous women.

by Anonymousreply 119September 16, 2020 2:08 PM

These queens are 76 years old born 4 days apart. Gladys and Patti tore the house down on VERZUZ on Instagram live Sunday night. Everyone from Oprah to Michelle Obama was watching these icons sing their hearts out on Sunday evening. 76 who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 16, 2020 2:13 PM

These queens are 76 years old born 4 days apart. Gladys and Patti tore the house down on VERZUZ on Instagram live Sunday night. Everyone from Oprah to Michelle Obama was watching these icons sing their hearts out on Sunday evening. 76 who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 16, 2020 2:13 PM

I didn't watch those hussies.

by Anonymousreply 122September 16, 2020 2:19 PM

Black don’t crack

by Anonymousreply 123September 16, 2020 2:24 PM

"The difference at a certain point is money."

Anybody know her worth? She must have inherited some songwriting royalties.

by Anonymousreply 124September 16, 2020 2:29 PM

Certainly, R124, since she has co-writing credit for California Dreamin'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 16, 2020 2:34 PM

R122, I guess you weren't watching Sunday night because Miss Dionne made a surprise appearance during the VERZUZ show and sang "That's What Friends Are For" and "Superwoman" with Patti and Gladys. Twitter/Instagram lost their minds when she walked on stage. Dionne said during the show she turns 80 in December...80 years old!!!!

by Anonymousreply 126September 16, 2020 2:35 PM

Dionne Warwick... Looking fabulous at 79 years old on Sunday night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 16, 2020 2:41 PM

And Dionne is still sucking down those Virginia Slims. It's so odd how some people can smoke and just get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2020 2:52 PM

I saw Claudette Colbert in a store a million years ago. She was probably well into her 80s then. She was perfectly dressed and coifed. She didn't look like Michelle Phillips in that video. I'm sure in a million years she never would have allowed herself to be photographed looking like that.

I appreciate my vain Jewish mother who survived cancer and heart disease and died at 90. She always dressed well and was bewigged when she lost hair to cancer. There's something to be said for vanity. I think it kept her enjoying life until the end.

by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2020 3:03 PM

If you take great care of yourself and if good family genes are on your side, then being in the 70s isn’t “old”. Not appearance or health-wise. My maternal grandfather was in a weekend baseball team until his late 70s and hiked until his late 80s. Died peacefully after doing a some gardening one morning at age 102.

Michelle was gorgeous in her youth but man, her health and looks now are a reminder of how awfully most of these rock stars of that era have aged. Hedonism may be fun at the time but you do pay a price.

by Anonymousreply 130September 16, 2020 3:03 PM

This isn't particularly shocking. People who were adults when today's elderly were babies are obviously going to die soon. Such is life.

by Anonymousreply 131September 16, 2020 3:07 PM

R123 Black don’t crack, it just dies earlier.

by Anonymousreply 132September 16, 2020 4:47 PM

Crack is whack!

by Anonymousreply 133September 16, 2020 5:31 PM

No one is saying that if you have great genes on your side and take good care of yourself that you can't live past your 70s they are saying it is highly unlikely as is evidenced by the average age of death in women and men. Having great longevity genes is purely luck and most people aren't that lucky.

by Anonymousreply 134September 16, 2020 6:02 PM

R134 it’s not just genes and it doesn’t matter how long you live if your quality of life is shit. There are many people whose lives get extended into their 80s, severely limited in activities and solely dependent on meds. Genetic destiny can only take you so far, my great-uncle drank and smoked until the day he died at age 78, while his older brother lived to be 102.

People in Michelle’s generation and really up until the mid-80s, no one in their 20s put on sunscreen and took care of their skin. Figure into the equation her history of drugs and booze, it’s no wonder she looks like that. That’s justvthe outside, can’t imagine what’s going on inside her body is all that great either. Compare her with say, Ali MacGraw who was another It Girl of that time and who is 81, AM looks better and appears to be way healthier. MacGraw was in the news in the past few years for healthy living advice particularly with her practice of yoga.

by Anonymousreply 135September 16, 2020 6:34 PM

[quote]Anybody know her worth? She must have inherited some songwriting royalties.

I can't imagine she earns much from the songwriting royalties at this point.

Her house in OP's video looks surprisingly modest. I wonder where she lives.

Chynna makes a comment at the end of the video in her weird British accent about the house being on Truman (hard to distinguish( Ave - I don't find a Truman Ave in the LA metro area.

Chynna is so obnoxious - I'm kind of glad she's nearly bald

by Anonymousreply 136September 16, 2020 7:09 PM

I thought she lived in Cheviot Hills. Isn't that mostly old Jews.

by Anonymousreply 137September 16, 2020 7:21 PM

She doesn't look bad to me, she looks like a normal 75 year-old woman. Some of you are going on like she's Methuselah's wife or something. She looks fine.

Maybe it's because she was so beautiful in her younger days, but Jesus everybody gets old.

by Anonymousreply 138September 16, 2020 7:40 PM

I am fortunate! I am from a black don't crack family. No surgeries, no implants, no botox. ALL of my relatives aged well and looked much younger than their age. My great grandmother was a queen. My great aunt is stunning in her mid 80's. Long , naturally black hair and a great figure. Ditto for my grandma, aunt's, uncle's , mom and cousins. I am 53, and many people tell me that I look much younger than my age. We have a complex background . African, native American Indian, French, German All the money in the world won't help. It's in the genes!

by Anonymousreply 139September 16, 2020 7:49 PM

Cut the old broad some slack. After all, she was married to despicable perv John Phillips for several years. That she didn't kill the mother fucker qualifies her for sainthood.

by Anonymousreply 140September 16, 2020 7:52 PM

All this in Kansas City, R139?

by Anonymousreply 141September 16, 2020 7:53 PM

John Phillips was a loathsome person. Awful, disgusting man.

by Anonymousreply 142September 16, 2020 7:55 PM

R141. We are from California my dear

by Anonymousreply 143September 16, 2020 7:58 PM

"That she didn't kill the mother fucker..."

I guess that he should be more accurately described as daughter fucker.

by Anonymousreply 144September 16, 2020 8:01 PM

She was also married to Dennis Hopper for 8 days.

by Anonymousreply 145September 16, 2020 8:40 PM

[quote] I don't think it was so much that she doubted Mackenzie, but just thought it was embarrassing for the family. Michelle hated John.

Even if Michelle thought it was embarrassing for the family, imagine how Mackenzie felt. Mackenzie's experience would have to win over "family embarrassment." Yes, I believe John Phillips was having sex with his own daughter, starting before she was 18.

by Anonymousreply 146September 16, 2020 8:41 PM

I posted before that she lives near me and yes, it's a very modest Spanish one story. Cheviot has a lot of actors, entertainment executives and even a former Governor. Not a lot of elderly Jews, but a lot of Asian American recently. And since you're asking, she lives on Troon.

by Anonymousreply 147September 16, 2020 9:35 PM

Michelle scores high on the psychopathy scale (PCL-R) and Chynna is clinically INSANE. These two things are not unrelated....

by Anonymousreply 148September 16, 2020 9:38 PM

In her memoir, Michelle recounted living in the mansion where Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy lived. I feel bad for her that she's living modestly now.

by Anonymousreply 149September 16, 2020 9:47 PM

"It doesn't look as if Michelle had a face lift."

Yes, it does look like it, and yes, she did. A long time ago.

Look you guys, HEREDITY is why you the look the way you do at age 76. Heredity is why you have age related illness at age 76 that affects your looks. If your old granny looked awesome at that age, you're lucky. Mine did and she drank and smoked. My other grandmother had scoliosis and couldn't walk by the time she was 78. I have it too and my back is killing me at age 59.

Michelle seems like she may need a walker. I doubt it has all that much to do with her drinking and drugging in the 1960s-70s-80s. The shitty condition of her teeth may be however.

by Anonymousreply 150September 16, 2020 10:59 PM

The concern over Mackenzie's revelations was about money. There's a lot of people living off California Dreaming plus catalog royalties in that family and it did impact the bottom line for a few years. The song stopped being used in movies, tv, and commercials. Now it's back.

by Anonymousreply 151September 16, 2020 11:10 PM

Yeah, you don't fuck with the revenue stream. I would've been pissed too.

by Anonymousreply 152September 16, 2020 11:22 PM

Why is there always so much car noise in the background? Do they live near a highway?

by Anonymousreply 153September 16, 2020 11:29 PM

[quote]r139 I am fortunate! I am from a black don't crack family.

Black may not crack, but there's still [italic]sagging[/italic]. Nothing preventing everything going south.

by Anonymousreply 154September 16, 2020 11:32 PM

Blacks don't sag as much either as their skin is thicker. But they have a much harder time keeping weight off and that ages a person greatly

by Anonymousreply 155September 16, 2020 11:34 PM

[quote]Black don’t crack

Did you hear their voices?

by Anonymousreply 156September 16, 2020 11:56 PM

I, like the posters above, think Michelle has some form of rheumatoid arthritis that has affected her back and her hands, which causes her to prop on the many pillows when she sits.

The chronic pain, the impaired mobility, the swelling and disfigurement of her joints, all make her look older...

But the way she looks is probably nothing relative to the pain she suffers.

But I also get the sense that Michelle has been a manipulator for her entire life. That's not to say she deserves the pain she's enduring, but it may help explain some of Chynna's issues.

by Anonymousreply 157September 16, 2020 11:59 PM

It's hard to believe that Billy Baldwin and Chynna Phillips have been married for 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 158September 17, 2020 12:28 AM

"It is odd how Chynna turned into such a Jesus freak, though. She definitely didn't get that from Michelle."

Look, when your dad reveals in his best-selling autobiography that he was literally ejaculating into some other woman's vagina THE VERY MOMENT YOU WERE EMERGING FROM YOUR MOTHER'S, yeah, it's gonna fuck you up. This is about much more than simply "choosing a different path"; the girl has understandable mental issues, but rather than getting the professional help she so desperately needed, she threw herself into religion.

by Anonymousreply 159September 17, 2020 1:44 AM

But geez, how great the Mamas and Papas were.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 17, 2020 2:13 AM

She doesn’t look ill in R1’s video, she looks lit.

I didn’t watch the whole video, is but get the gist that Chynnna is very Christian. Is this new?

by Anonymousreply 161September 17, 2020 2:26 AM

but I get the gist^^^

by Anonymousreply 162September 17, 2020 2:27 AM

R155 why do you think that is? (The weight thing)

by Anonymousreply 163September 17, 2020 7:54 AM

Blacks have more body fat generally R163, it's just genetics like having darker skin and smaller waist to hip ratios. The plus side to that is that when you weight train fat turns to muscle. That's why blacks always seem to be in better shape compared to other races when they put in the effort to train and probably why they are so successful at sports too.

by Anonymousreply 164September 17, 2020 8:04 AM

Love their record of that song, R160. Are you aware that it was written by Rodgers and Hart in 1927? Just checking...I love it when pop acts covered old songs and standards..

"The chronic pain, the impaired mobility, the swelling and disfigurement of her joints, all make her look older..."

She'd also be on medication if she has RA to stop the disfigurement and inflammation, such as DMARDs and common prednisone. There's a lot of help today that wasn't available decades ago. Steroids (prednisone) cause disfigurement too if you count "moon face."

by Anonymousreply 165September 17, 2020 12:20 PM

"when you weight train fat turns to muscle"

R164, are you calling in from the 1970s? Fat doesn't "turn into" anything unless a magician is involved.

by Anonymousreply 166September 17, 2020 12:22 PM

R166 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 167September 17, 2020 1:04 PM

And Dream a Little Dream of Me is a 1931 song with music by Fabian Andre and Wilbur Schwandt and lyrics by Gus Kahn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168September 17, 2020 1:19 PM

I think it’s only on DL that she’d be described as being of Knots.

The show seems forgotten in IRL.

I bet her obits will only make a scant reference to it.

by Anonymousreply 169September 17, 2020 1:30 PM

R147 where’s Troon in relation to Rancho Park? I lived in Cheviot Hills across the street from the tennis court side of the park.

by Anonymousreply 170September 17, 2020 1:47 PM

R28 You’re right R28. With a little makeup Michelle Phillips is absolutely beautiful. Plastic surgery would have ruined her. Think of how stunning Kim Novak would be today if she’d have stayed away from the surgeons knife.

by Anonymousreply 171September 17, 2020 1:57 PM

R170, she's closer to the golf course on the West side. But her street is kinda hard to find. Interestingly, she's only a few blocks from Lucie Arnaz' old, charming house with the waterwheel.

by Anonymousreply 172September 17, 2020 3:18 PM

She may look awful in this pic, but not only did Michelle Phillips have a facelift, she had some tweaking too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 17, 2020 3:29 PM

R5 here.

Let her be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174September 17, 2020 3:35 PM

r173 she doesn't look awful, she looks like a normal woman in her seventies. God, some of you are so accustomed to seeing overly surgeried faces on celebrities you forgot what people that age are supposed to look like.

by Anonymousreply 175September 17, 2020 4:04 PM

She looks like a blonde Sante Kimes. Michelle is a psychopath. Because she is no longer interested in sex, she enjoys getting ugly. But her major and secondary psychopathic tendencies are much more on display than her animated fat cat face. She's scary. Her children might begin to heal, when she's dead.

by Anonymousreply 176September 17, 2020 4:11 PM

Why the fuck is she so awful? What are the stories about her? If it's because she was a beautiful self-absorbed celebrity in her prime and wasn't a very hands-on mother, that's pretty garden variety stuff for celebs and wealthy people in general. It's hardly abnormal in that world.

by Anonymousreply 177September 17, 2020 4:14 PM

Having been married to John Phillips makes her a psychopath?

by Anonymousreply 178September 17, 2020 5:03 PM

Come on, can someone please tell us how Michelle is a psychopath? This thread needs some good gossip.

by Anonymousreply 179September 18, 2020 2:10 PM

Mackenzie is jealous of her siblings, who have accomplished a lot and did not become drug addicts.

by Anonymousreply 180September 19, 2020 7:07 AM

Looks like Christy Brinkley.

by Anonymousreply 181September 19, 2020 7:29 AM

Tell us about Michelle’s evil ways.

by Anonymousreply 182September 19, 2020 7:35 AM

Always wondered what contribution Michelle Phillips really made when she did backing vocals on Heaven Is A Place On Earth.

Did she ever meet Donna de Lory in the studio? She she mark her out as a raging cunt on the spot?

by Anonymousreply 183September 19, 2020 9:03 AM

She is always badmouthing me.

by Anonymousreply 184September 19, 2020 9:41 AM

Billy in the background looks terrible. Chynna, in the video posted upthread, also looks terrible (hairline receded and high pony tail). She is truly insufferable with all her God talk. How do you get a boner for that?

However, it seems like Billy & Michelle have a nice in-law relationship. At least Michelle does spend time at Chynna's house. I would hate it, though.

Michelle's teeth stand out the most. Must be hard to have your teeth failing you like that.

I wonder what Alec's and Billy's relationship is like.

by Anonymousreply 185September 19, 2020 6:09 PM

R185- You saw missing teeth? I didn't see that..

by Anonymousreply 186September 19, 2020 6:19 PM

Not missing teeth, R186, but really unhealthy looking situation. I think she has caps or veneers. I have gum problems myself, so I am sympathetic. Looks like he has no gums (bone loss, too, probably, in her mouth).

by Anonymousreply 187September 19, 2020 6:28 PM

Michelle knew enough to keep Chynna far away from John as a kid. She also tried to step in and get custody of Genevieve's kids, but I can't remember if she succeeded or not. She did have them staying with her for a while when they were growing up. It seems Michelle did her best to try and give Chynna a semblance of a stable home.

Even though Billy is grounded, the Baldwin family is hardly the picture of stability themselves. Maybe Chynna got close to Stephen, who is a huge fundie himself.

by Anonymousreply 188September 19, 2020 6:42 PM

R180 HUH? None of Mackenzie's siblings are really more successful than her. First of all... do we want to discuss the mess that Tamerlane & Bijou Phillips are? Chynna seems moderately more successful, but let's face it, career-wise she's just a one hit wonder.

by Anonymousreply 189September 19, 2020 6:52 PM

Yeah, Mackenzie was in One Day at a Time. She's the most famous.

by Anonymousreply 190September 19, 2020 7:10 PM

R189 That is an actual quote from Michelle in the following interview with ABC News.

My evil stepmom is always making up lies about me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 19, 2020 8:32 PM

R172 so Michelle lives closer to Patricia than she does to Motor?

by Anonymousreply 192September 20, 2020 4:06 AM

R192, correct. She lives West of Patricia. She has several dogs, which is why there is the fencing on her porch.

by Anonymousreply 193September 20, 2020 3:34 PM

Most celebrities look quite young for their age but she is the oldest looking 76-year-old woman I have ever seen.

Queen Elizabeth is literally old enough to be Michelle‘s mother and yet she looks younger than Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 194September 20, 2020 4:24 PM

To be fair, Queen Elizabeth, to the best of our knowledge, didn't do tons of drugs and get fucked by half of 70's Hollywood, and her life's work consists of a) producing a few heirs, and b) riding around in a carriage, smiling and waving her little gloved hand.

by Anonymousreply 195September 20, 2020 4:27 PM

I hope for their own sakes that anyone who thinks aging is some kind of character flaw dies by the time they're 22 to spare themselves the embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 196September 24, 2020 10:44 PM

r189 Not really... Wilson Phillips had four songs go Top 5, three of them going to #1. Their debut album sold 10 million worldwide, that is not one-hit wonder territory.

by Anonymousreply 197September 24, 2020 10:53 PM

I’m afraid of her teeth. They’ll drop right out of her skull if she bites a cashew.

by Anonymousreply 198September 24, 2020 11:19 PM

Wilson Phillips were only popular for about a year or so. Once Nirvana and grunge came out, they were one of the many acts who were done overnight.

by Anonymousreply 199September 24, 2020 11:25 PM

r200 they were also done because Chynna quit and Carnie was becoming morbidly obese.

by Anonymousreply 200September 24, 2020 11:39 PM

You can all fuck off with your nasty shit about how she looks.

Do none of you have aging parents? I lost my mum around the same age three years ago and now my MIL is dying aged 75. Chronic health conditions can cause drastic changes in how people look, but their loved ones just want them to stay around a bit longer and don't gaf. Have some fucking decency.

by Anonymousreply 201September 24, 2020 11:45 PM

I still think she looks pretty normal for a 75 year-old. I've seen a lot worse at that age. Yes, she's not a "Hollywood" 75 and that's why people think she doesn't look good.

by Anonymousreply 202September 25, 2020 12:08 AM

As others have mentioned in this thread, Stephen Baldwin was likely an influence on Chynna's religiosity. I'm surprised he doesn't appear in her videos.

by Anonymousreply 203September 25, 2020 12:52 AM

Regarding Wilson Phillips' career...

Their second album pretty much bombed, which hastened the breakup. I'm sure Chynna had management whispering in her ear that she could be a big solo star, if she would dump the fat chick and the boring one nobody noticed.

I noticed a trend among music stars who were the children of rock stars (not talking pre-rock era stars like Nat King Cole and Sinatra, but actual rock and rollers):

Big first album with several hits, because people remember their parents fondly and are curious about the kid or kids.

First example was Julian Lennon. People loved him at first, because he sounded quite a bit like his father, and looked like him. They bought the first album, but took a pass on the 2nd album, and everything after that (in America at least).

Wilson Phillips also followed that same trajectory. As huge and packed with hits as their 1st album was, the follow-up sold poorly, and they were history.

Around that same time, there was that band Nelson, the two twin sons of Ricky Nelson. Same shit. First album sells, lots of hits...then nada.

The sophomore curse seems to hit rock's 2nd generation particularly hard.

by Anonymousreply 204September 25, 2020 1:24 AM

Jakob Dylan was another one.

by Anonymousreply 205September 25, 2020 1:41 AM

R204 Interesting theory and now that you mention it, it IS quite difficult to think of a genuine success from "rock's 2nd generation" that lasted beyond one album.

Maybe Rufus Wainwright, but is LW3... rock?

by Anonymousreply 206September 25, 2020 1:44 AM

I thought Julian Lennon would have a bigger career. Considering how worshipped his father was. He was really as close to a John Lennon clone we all had. And then thud. Even Wilson Phillips. Everywhere in 1990 and then down the drain. Strange world the music industry.

by Anonymousreply 207September 25, 2020 1:44 AM

R193 I attended the Catholic school on Pico and Patricia. I used to walk home with my siblings everyday up Patricia and around the golf course and then down that steep hill home near the park. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 208September 25, 2020 8:06 AM

R207 I've met Julian Lennon. I was in the music industry. I went to a party at his house when he lived up in the hills. Sweet guy. Very shy. I took a nice picture with him.

by Anonymousreply 209September 25, 2020 8:08 AM

R201, that's too bad, but this is the DATALOUNGE. There's very little "decency" here.

I loved Chynna with the Wilson-Phillips short hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210September 25, 2020 12:45 PM

The biggest problem with all of these second generation rock acts - they were not very good. They couldn't sustain a career because after the first well orchestrated debut, they were exposed, they sucked. Drink and drugs didn't help many of them, especially Julian Lennon.

by Anonymousreply 211September 25, 2020 12:59 PM

R199 they may have been but their type of music was the most popular of the 90s, pop/adult contemporary, and then R&B/adult contemporary

NONE of the top 10 biggest selling artists worldwide or in the US of the 90s were grunge, people overestimate grunge's popularity

Garth Brooks was the biggest selling act worldwide of the 90s followed by Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Madonna and Whitney Houston

by Anonymousreply 212September 25, 2020 1:15 PM

Quincy was cute back in his younger years. He certainly didn’t desire black women.

by Anonymousreply 213September 25, 2020 1:17 PM

R208, so you always passed Lucie's house. I have neighbors who say they used to ask to swim at their house without knowing who she was and she always let them.

by Anonymousreply 214September 25, 2020 6:22 PM

Godammit, she's let those fucking neighbor kids use the pool again! I can't concentrate on my Backgammon with those brats yelling and splashing.

by Anonymousreply 215September 25, 2020 6:31 PM

For years Michelle was touting a film version of her book California Dreamin. First Chynna was going to star as Michelle and Carnie Wilson was to play Cass. Then Wilson Phillips broke out and years later Julia Stiles was going to play Michelle and still the film went nowhere. Supposedly she was going to depict DL Fave Mia Farrow as a fake friend who was sleeping with John Philips while Sinatra was divorcing Mia. She was going to go after Candy Bergen, too if I recall. Would have made a hell of a film.

by Anonymousreply 216September 25, 2020 6:56 PM

Remember when she was recurring as Val's Mom Abby Malone on BH 90210 and got some twisted storylines with her daughter on there

I mean Valerie killed her dad who was secretly molesting her, and she covered it up to make it look like suicide and then the truth comes out years later and Valerie tried to get back at Abby, who knew about the molestation but did nothing, by seducing her much younger new stepdad and sleeping with him too his name was Carl, to break up mommy's new marriage

Abby also almost married Val"a nemesis Kelly Taylor's dad, Bill Malone but they left each other at the altar

Kelly and Val would have been stepsisters

by Anonymousreply 217September 25, 2020 8:09 PM

Michelle had an excellent run for someone whose sole asset was beauty. Now that she's no longer beautiful but still comfortably well off, she can turn into a hag if she wants.

Can you imagine how exhausting it is to still keep chasing after beauty in your 70s and 80s? That must be all Jane Fonda does.

by Anonymousreply 218September 25, 2020 8:45 PM

R214 I guess so but without knowing it. Groups of us would walk home together. One of my teachers lived on Patricia so we would walk home with her.

by Anonymousreply 219September 25, 2020 10:10 PM

[quote]Can you imagine how exhausting it is to still keep chasing after beauty in your 70s and 80s? That must be all Jane Fonda does.

It's a full-time job and costs a shit-ton of money. You don't have a lot of time for anything else. It's hilarious that women like Christie Brinkley, Demi Moore, Cindy Crawford etc. are fawned over by the media and get big splashy profiles about "aging gracefully" because it's such bullshit. It's an insane time and money commitment to look like that at a certain age and most people would go insane even if they do have the time and the money.

by Anonymousreply 220September 25, 2020 11:13 PM

John was abusive to Cass Elliott, including beating her.

I don't think Michelle was particularly nice to Cass either.

by Anonymousreply 221September 27, 2020 11:14 PM

To look like Jane Fonda, tremendous time, effort and money, Average upper middle class woman in their 70s however look better than Michelle. Obviously booze and drugs wreck you in the end.

by Anonymousreply 222September 27, 2020 11:28 PM

Sorry Cass had the POWER in that band, I don't see Phillips risking anything by hitting Cass. Cass wanted Michelle away from John because John was beating Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 223September 28, 2020 1:11 AM

I read Michelle's and John's autobiographies back to back. They told the same story -same anecdotes, same details, same no-punches-pulled attitude. Smacks of being the truth, doesn't it? Both books said that Michelle and Cass were close.

by Anonymousreply 224September 28, 2020 4:10 AM

R223, John Phillips WAS the Mamas and the Papas. He was the songwriter, he was the song arranger, he had the last word.

by Anonymousreply 225September 28, 2020 2:00 PM

R223 ABC Dunhill in late 68 decided to back Mama Cass. The single Dream A Little Dream of Me was originally on their last album, but to radio it was billed as Mama Cass solo. Lou Adler was sick of all of them and their lack of touring and success in 68 was the death knell. J Phillips was DONE.

by Anonymousreply 226September 28, 2020 3:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!