Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blue Lives Matter

This is the bullshit they face. Both shot, one dead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2020 9:36 AM

What happened in Lancaster.....

BTW, the assailant stabbed 4 people last year and was out on bail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2020 10:24 PM

Sure the police have dangerous jobs--but that doesn't give them any excuse for white supremacy and shooting black men and women.

Blue Lives Matter is not the opposite of Blue Lives Matter.

Breast Cancer is just as bad a Ovarian Cancer

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2020 10:27 PM

Eh, they knew what they'd signed on for. *shrugs*

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2020 10:28 PM

The Compton sheriffs. She has been shot in the jaw, he in the face and arm. She is has the wherewithal to apply a tourniquet to his arm and call for help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2020 10:31 PM

When I hear or read "Blue Live Matter" and "All Lives Matter" I become upset. Why dilute the BLM effort by making other "Matter" slogans? I feel the same way about Gay Pride. It used to be gay men, lesbians and bisexuals - and now there are so many other groups who want to tag along. As a gay man, Gay Pride now is a collection of people who seem to be too lazy to make their own organization. Yes, I said it: TOO LAZY and to top it off, most of these folks have a problem with BLM.

Don't mess with Black Lives Matter. Sit down, listen and learn.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2020 10:39 PM

[quote]Don't mess with Black Lives Matter. Sit down, listen and learn.

I understand why blacks feel so strongly about "black lives matter," to the exclusion of blue lives, white lives, brown lives, etc. But I don't agree with it at all. Insisting that ONLY black lives matter is a kick in the teeth to literally everyone else. For this reason I cannot and will not support BLM.

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2020 10:48 PM

R6 lol 0/100

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2020 10:50 PM

That is BS r6. Blue lives, white lives and brown lives aren't extinguished on a regular basis by the state. That is the fucking point, moron.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 10:50 PM

More cops have died from the coronavirus than from being shot

Funny how the Blue Lives Matter crowd doesn't mention that

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 10:54 PM

R2 said it all.

But Trump would say, "Suckers."

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote] n memos, intelligence reports, and other interdepartmental communications from the days following the police killing of George Floyd, domestic law enforcement agencies, especially those on the federal level, put on display their zeal for War on Terror–style counterinsurgency, their propensity to portray themselves as under constant threat by conniving aggressors, and their willingness—even eagerness—to signal-boost disprovable rumors of dissenters’ violent intentions. Taken together, these documents give credence to one of the central observations of the Black Lives Matter movement: that law enforcement in the United States functions as a military occupation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 11:04 PM

OP's video.

It is disgusting to witness all the wasted effort to de-escalate the situation with a crazy white man. If the guy had been black they would have shot and killed him before tasering him. Despite the white guy's obvious danger to them they saw his whiteness, and therefore his humanity, and did everything they could to resist use of lethal force even though it would have been warranted. Those same cops probably would have killed a black child with a toy gun from 30 feet away. Poor training and racial bias are the twin pillars of American policing.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 11:34 PM

Blue has been lavished with all types of funds to buy these tactical toys. Not to mention the training for the next terrorist attack in Des Moines.

I have said it before, how did we get sidetracked on monuments? I wouldn't be surprised if blue was behind it. We were going for their money and qualified immunity. Once we meandered to removing statues, the impetus faded as well as the public support.

Back to the point, the cops like playing dress up. Casualties would bring them back to reality.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 11:40 PM

Whatever OP - cops use excessive force and shoot far too often and too easily. It's that simple. If you're in combat, you have several defensive tactics to use before you can shoot a gun. You can't just shoot. There are 4 or 5 steps - in a WAR zone.

Stop with the bullshit. Yes, some cops get killed each year. But cops are NOT jury and executioner.

People are disgusted at seeing the same videos time and again - and these are only the ones on tape that are released. Get your priorities together.

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 11:49 PM

Guess what’s not on the list of the 34 deadliest jobs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 16, 2020 12:00 AM

I stand for our boys in blue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 16, 2020 12:05 AM

I just watched the video and I am appalled. The police continued to escalate the situation while the victim begged for them to stop. Yet the cops kept attacking him. This is a clear case of self defense. I just looked up this case, and the police department fought tooth and nail to keep this video from being released. The victim's attorney finally convinced the judge to release it. The police don't want you to see their brutal tactics. I'm glad that cop is dead, he would have killed an innocent civilian at some point. Too bad the other cop isn't dead too, but hopefully he is permanently incapacitated.

by Anonymousreply 17September 16, 2020 12:13 AM

"Blue Lives Matter" is a hollow and ridiculous copycat slogan invented by racists and cop worshipers. It's a false equivalence intended only to distract from racist police brutality.

There's no such thing as a "Blue Life." They're not "blue" once they take off their uniform. It describes a job. Black people are black every minute of their lives (obviously). They can't escape from the discriminatory treatment they get based on their race.

by Anonymousreply 18September 16, 2020 12:20 AM

Defund the fuckers. Almost every clip of the police abusing citizens shows a scared cop acting out his cowardice. The piece of shit that kept shooting the guy in the back? No doubt that was because he didn't lick the boots.

I am completely behind the 2nd amendment. I don't want a populace that is not armed to defend itself from fucks like these. Defund or take away their guns.

by Anonymousreply 19September 16, 2020 12:20 AM

R12 is right.

"Blue Lives Matter" is a bogus red herring, because people have ALWAYS defended cops. ALWAYS.

Black lives matter is talking about cops EXCESSIVE FORCE used against black people.

And op's ridiculous video just proves it. That white guy was the one who killed those cops. NOT a black guy.

Yet black guys are the ones who are treated with excessive force and are regularly murdered by cops. NOT white guys.

So just stop with your stupid, bullshit argument.

I don't care. Do you?

by Anonymousreply 20September 16, 2020 1:59 AM

fuck OP, they pick the career, just like I did. people of color don't

the police union surrounds the erring cops in a wall of silence. as a teacher I would NEVER receive that treatment from the teacher's union. Cops can all go fuck themselves

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 2:08 AM

The replies to this thread are incredibly disingenuous. Some things become a part of someone’s identity even if they are a choice. And as many BLM supporters have screamed all summer long, black cops stop being black when they put on the uniform.

I’ve watched hours of bored white girls screaming at cops. Anyone who thinks this movement is just about police brutality is either being purposely obtuse or is actually very stupid.

This movement is now revenge via collective guilt.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 2:21 AM

[quote] This movement is now revenge via collective guilt.

So be it.

Police must now answer for their sins.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 2:22 AM

Oh, fuck right off r22. There is plenty of footage out there to establish the wrongdoings of your Heroes. Some of it is just plain disgusting. You can't explain that off by using white liberal guilt.

But Police thinking they can get away with killing and abusing citizens? Where exactly does the collective guilt play into that? Even if the protesters are disingenuous, what does that have to do with police killing people for no reason?

And if I were you, I wouldn't admit to spending hours watching white girls. Fucking perv.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 2:42 AM

[quote]Blue lives, white lives and brown lives aren't extinguished on a regular basis by the state. That is the fucking point, moron.

Extinguished regularly? You don't understand simple math or statistics. 99% of all people-black or otherwise--that interact with police are NOT MURDERED.

More whites are killed by police than blacks, though blacks are are killed at a higher percentage than their actual percentage in the population, so it's true they are more likely than whites to be killed by police. But they are still OUTLIARS statistically speaking.

It's a great soundbite to say "police are committing genocide" but the #s don't support it. More blacks are killed by other blacks than by police.

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 2:52 AM

[quote] But they are still OUTLIARS statistically speaking.

Oh, DEAR!

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 2:54 AM

it's called a typo asshole. tell Muriel to get an "EDIT" function.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2020 3:07 AM

R25, that is a convenient statistic, 99%. Could you provide a link about how many people interact with the police?

Didn't think so.

But I give you credit for acknowledging the per capita death rate. It really seems that you are just bolstering my argument. And the way you jump to Black on Black violence is so telling. Why don't you just say what you really think? You are like Colonel Jessup. You are just dying to say it.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 3:10 AM

Those cops were rabid animals. They had to be stopped for their own, and our, good.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 3:12 AM

[quote] it's called a typo asshole. tell Muriel to get an "EDIT" function.

Typical Deplorable.

Always blaming others.

Takes no personal responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2020 3:13 AM

Not just refusing to take responsibility. Attacking people for pointing out the deplorable's mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote] More whites are killed by police than blacks, though blacks are are killed at a higher percentage than their actual percentage in the population, so it's true they are more likely than whites to be killed by police. But they are still OUTLIARS statistically speaking.

Offer as many statistics as you like. Show me a video of a white man being murdered by police like George Floyd. If that depraved killer cop had killed a dog in that manner there would be universal outrage from the same people shouting "Blue Lives Matter." It is strictly about racism. EVERYONE knows it is about racism, especially the racists.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2020 3:47 AM

It's not to the exclusion of all other lives, R6, and anyone who says it is wants people to think it's about "black supremacy." That's propaganda and you should be ashamed of yourself for pushing it.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2020 3:49 AM

[quote] the police union surrounds the erring cops in a wall of silence. as a teacher I would NEVER receive that treatment from the teacher's union.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ahahahahahahaha

Ahaha

Alol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, good one r21

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2020 3:59 AM

[quote]It's not to the exclusion of all other lives

But it is exclusive R33. Excluding all lives except Black. Says so right in the proclamation: BLACK lives matter. Exclusionary, racist and bigoted. And as evidenced by the on-going actions of the movement, hypocritical, in that Black lives matter only when Whites can be accused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2020 4:02 AM

Sure, blue lives matter. They just don’t matter more than black lives.

No more.. No less.

Equal.

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2020 4:04 AM

ff and block r35. We don't need fucking brainwashed, lying deplorables here.

by Anonymousreply 37September 16, 2020 4:05 AM

I wouldn't want to be a cop. Very, very dangerous profession. A few bad apples do not spoil the bunch and the bottom line is that we should All give them the utmost respect. After all they protect the public many times with their own lives. Who you gonna call when it hits the fan?

by Anonymousreply 38September 16, 2020 4:08 AM

R37 Block logic and reasoning! Quickly! So the BLM bigots and racists aren't exposed to exactly what they are!

by Anonymousreply 39September 16, 2020 4:08 AM

R38: Being a cop is actually not a "very, very dangerous profession." In fact, it is much less dangerous than the following professions: 1. Logging worker 2. Fishers and related fishing worker 3. Aircraft pilot and flight engineer 4. Roofer 5. Structural iron and steel worker 6. Refuse and recyclable material collector 7. Electrical power-line installer and repairer 8. Drivers/sales worker and truck driver 9. Farmer, rancher, and other agricultural manager 10. Construction laborer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 16, 2020 4:13 AM

I came here thinking this was about Smurfs, boy was I disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 41September 16, 2020 4:14 AM

It kinda is Gargamel.

by Anonymousreply 42September 16, 2020 4:20 AM

No r38, Most of them are meter maids. Which kind of explains the acting out. They are supposed to be macho cops, but they usually just break up domestic disturbances. I can understand the disappointment. You thought you were going to be fighting crime, but in fact you just have to figure out whether Shaniqua or Orangeaid is the guilty party.

by Anonymousreply 43September 16, 2020 4:36 AM

Cops have been lumped in with Military idiots, as "heroes."

They're not heroes. They're civil servants doing their fucking job. Like every other civil servant.

Only difference is that these morons have power and control over other peoples' lives, and they use that power/control to intimidate the people that they "serve." They're all on a power trip, and most of them are sociopaths.

On top of everything else, many get paid six figure salaries for working overtime and special duty at weddings, parties, and other NOT dangerous functions, they get spectacular benefits, they get police discounts in the community, and they can retire after only 10 or 15 years, with a hefty pension.

After they retire, they can be hired as security experts or other security-type jobs, and earn even more money and usually ANOTHER pension.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that cops are the biggest WHINERS and COMPLAINERS I have ever met. Probably more than any other "profession."

They not heroes. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 44September 16, 2020 7:29 AM

[quote] A few bad apples do not spoil the bunch and the bottom line is that we should All give them the utmost respect.

It is not a "few bad apples." It is systemic. Those other 3 cops watched and did nothing as the white cop murdered George Floyd. Police are trained to devalue black lives. I'll refer you again to Exhibit A, OP's video of the keystone cops who let that crazy white dude snatch their gun and kill one and injure the other.

by Anonymousreply 45September 16, 2020 5:09 PM

Exactly, R45.

by Anonymousreply 46September 16, 2020 9:29 PM

[quote] A few bad apples do not spoil the bunch and the bottom line is that we should All give them the utmost respect.

They deserve the same amount of respect that I give the garbage collectors. Oh, and they are prisoners.

by Anonymousreply 47September 16, 2020 10:53 PM

Everybody slamming cops. How do you think you're lives will improve when they are gone or completely stripped of any authority? What is the solution?

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2020 11:30 PM

No one in the mainstream (and that includes the DL) is calling for that, R48. You should educate yourself on what "defund" and "demilitarize" mean.

by Anonymousreply 49September 16, 2020 11:32 PM

Sorry to be stupid but where did the guy get the gun he shot them with? I've replayed a couple of times and I don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 50September 16, 2020 11:41 PM

R45 two examples do not even make a pattern much less prove a systemic problem. Utterly ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 51September 17, 2020 12:36 AM

Defund(reallocate) and demilitarize seems pretty idealistic. Reality isn't fantasyland by any means. Where would funding then come from? Social services are going to stop criminals or druggies from harming innocent people. Police do.

Possibly the police union could be revamped/restructured so that municipal and public views are taken seriously in regards to policing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 17, 2020 1:02 AM

Oops. Social services are't going to stop criminals or druggies from harming innocent people. Police do.

by Anonymousreply 53September 17, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote] that is a convenient statistic, 99%. Could you provide a link about how many people interact with the police? Didn't think so.

That's cuz you're a moron and too lazy to do a 10 second google search. Here:

Arrests in the US avg about 14 million (and that doesn't even include NON-arrest encounters). 2019 data not available but the trend is 14 million and up in 2018.

# of total police killings is approx 1,000 in 2019.

Since you are probably too stupid to do math, 1,000/14,000,000 = .00007. Even rounding up, that is 0.01%.

So actually at least 99.99% of arrests do NOT end in murder.

I already stated that the stats also show that blacks are twice as likely to be killed by police (but I'm still a "deplorable" because I understand math). . However when you deal with very tiny numbers (e.g. .01%) it's easy to see double, triple or even quadruple times in a sub group.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 17, 2020 2:28 PM

source for # of arrests

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 17, 2020 2:29 PM

Oh well, if 99.9 percent of arrests don't end up in the cops extra-judicially murdering the citizen, there's no problem at all!

by Anonymousreply 56September 17, 2020 6:45 PM

[quote]Oh well, if 99.9 percent of arrests don't end up in the cops extra-judicially murdering the citizen, there's no problem at all!

No one said that. But the narrative you hear is that "there's a pandemic" or "genocide" going on. The #s tell a different story.

by Anonymousreply 57September 17, 2020 7:22 PM

[quote] Everybody slamming cops. How do you think you're lives will improve when they are gone or completely stripped of any authority? What is the solution?

Being without police is not the option. The culture of policing must change. Three police officers cannot stand by while the most senior officer/klansman executes a black man in cold blood. Today, for people of conscience who join the police force they are quickly made to feel unwelcome or threatened. We are slamming the part of police culture that overlaps with the white nationalist, right-wing miltia. White nationalists have taken over law enforcement. Police unions are resisting change because they have an agenda that is not about protecting or serving.

Law enforcement is not for the faint of heart. Shooting a man in the back 7 times is cowardice. All police officers who oppose reform should resign. We can make due with the remaining 50%.

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2020 12:02 AM

I would like to see those statistics based upon individuals that have been repeatedly arrested.

It doesn't matter. If that is the hill you want to die on, go for it. It is like catching an employee stealing from the register. That was just once, but how many times did they not get caught?

For all the ones getting caught now on phone cameras, why do they think they could get away with it?

It is systemic. There ARE good cops out there. They are just not the majority. And the good ones won't cross the Blue Line. The abuse has escalated under that piece of shit in the White House. They are emboldened, and why shouldn't they be? trump trades in hate speech and falsehoods that justify their wrongdoings.

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2020 2:49 AM

First you ask for the statistics because you “don’t believe them”. Then when you get them “it doesn’t matter”.

How limited.

by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2020 9:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!