Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET the Macrobiotic diet?

I remember everyone talking about it back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 1:11 AM

The very definition of a fad.

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2020 11:17 PM

Why though? It seems healthy, lots of whole grains and vegetables etc...

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2020 11:58 PM

It was nutritionally sound but it was needlessly complicated. There are many equally (maybe even more) nutritious eating plans that don't take anywhere near the amount of planning and research that macrobiotic took. Waste of time. Strictly for people who enjoy making things as complicated as possible so they can brag about it.

by Anonymousreply 3September 16, 2020 12:19 AM

My mum veered between vegetarian and macro my whole childhood and what I've noticed is that while fewer restaurants proclaim themselves macrobiotic now, a lot of the principles that people enjoyed have been absorbed by mainstream vegetarian/vegan restaurants whilst the unpopular ones (the weird rules about limiting fluid, lack of nightshades, saltiness, etc.) are only followed by the hardcore.

I need a deep breath after that run-on sentence.

The Buddha bowls being cradled in millions of Instagram photos are just a modern iteration of the old macro plate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 16, 2020 12:35 AM

Then:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 16, 2020 12:40 AM

The endless chewing

by Anonymousreply 6September 16, 2020 12:44 AM

I see your endless chewing and raise you one steaming cup of twig water.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 16, 2020 12:50 AM

Twig water?

by Anonymousreply 8September 16, 2020 1:04 AM

Kukicha tea is just roasted twigs from a tea plant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 16, 2020 1:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!