Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lifetime casts real-life married gay couple in its first LGBTQ holiday movie

Lifetime is putting the final touches on its first holiday movie to feature an LGBTQ romance as the main storyline.

The network announced that the real-life same-sex married couple Ben Lewis and Blake Lee will star in the upcoming film “The Christmas Set Up,” with Fran Drescher and Ellen Wong among the other members of the cast.

“The world we create on camera should reflect the world we live in,” Amy Winter, Lifetime’s head of programming, said in a statement Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42Last Thursday at 5:11 PM

Will there be any fisting in this movie?

by Anonymousreply 1Last Tuesday at 12:33 PM

They're saving that for a Valentine's Day movie, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2Last Tuesday at 1:20 PM

Will they be wearing matching Christmas sweaters?

by Anonymousreply 3Last Tuesday at 1:23 PM

Well, one of them is cute.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Tuesday at 1:23 PM

Guy on left is really cute. Maybe Fran Drescher will undermine the LT sappiness.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Tuesday at 1:25 PM

B....b......b.....but ....

Which one will hate Christmas and which one will own a Christmas tree farm?

by Anonymousreply 6Last Tuesday at 1:26 PM

Let me guess: the "set up" is the two queens setting up a straight couple for a blind date.

The two hours will focus on all of the antics of the two flaming queens to get this heterosexual couple together by New Year's Eve.

BLECH.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Tuesday at 1:28 PM

R1, there's a pumpkin spice lube-and-anal scene you're not gonna wanna miss.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Tuesday at 1:29 PM

Neither looks like a screaming queen. A good image for the fraus in the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Tuesday at 1:40 PM

The fat one looks like he'd be related to Charlie Sheen.

by Anonymousreply 10Last Tuesday at 1:52 PM

The fat one would be the hotter one if he lost a couple of pounds

by Anonymousreply 11Last Tuesday at 1:55 PM

Is this the tie-in movie version of Chasten's new book?

by Anonymousreply 12Last Tuesday at 1:57 PM

R11 I find the wonky-eyed, thin one much cuter

by Anonymousreply 13Last Tuesday at 2:03 PM

Are my eyes wonky or is neither of them wonky-eyed?

by Anonymousreply 14Last Tuesday at 2:05 PM

The 'fat one' (who isn't remotely fat) is the actor who plays Green Arrow's gay son William in Arrow.

by Anonymousreply 15Last Tuesday at 2:16 PM

Which one will present Yuletide hole?

by Anonymousreply 16Last Tuesday at 2:19 PM

Man, that fat one sure has a face for radio.

by Anonymousreply 17Last Tuesday at 2:20 PM

Gays under 70 will never watch Lifetime unless it shows hard dick and anal prolapse, for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 18Last Tuesday at 2:23 PM

Surprise anal in the gazebo!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19Last Tuesday at 2:40 PM

Will we get to see one of them going up inside the other one? Will either one die of the AIDS on Christmas Eve? I sure hope not.

by Anonymousreply 20Last Tuesday at 2:55 PM

The one on the right is the mug-cradler.

by Anonymousreply 21Last Tuesday at 5:47 PM

The plot details from the Lifetime press site read:

[Quote]Hugo, a New York corporate lawyer and his best friend Madelyn head to Milwaukee to spend the holidays with his mom Kate, who is also in charge of the local Christmas celebrations. Ever the matchmaker, Kate arranges for Hugo to run into Patrick, Hugo’s high school friend and secret crush, who has recently returned after a successful stint in Silicon Valley. As they enjoy the local holiday festivities together, Hugo and Patrick’s attraction to each other is undeniable and it looks as though Kate’s well-intentioned Santa-style matchmaking is a success. But as Hugo receives word of a big promotion requiring a move to London, he must decide what is most important to him.

by Anonymousreply 22Last Tuesday at 6:09 PM

Spoiler: London is more important. THE END.

by Anonymousreply 23Last Tuesday at 6:19 PM

Will there be a tasteful scene where one fellow steadies a ladder while the other puts a star atop the tree...that somehow leads to the first guy plunging his tongue into the other's fartbox?

by Anonymousreply 24Last Tuesday at 7:24 PM

I highly endorse moving to a London - it couldn’t be more Christmassy!

And THANK GOD they have a straight gal pal to get things rolling!!! What would we do without her?

by Anonymousreply 25Last Wednesday at 1:20 AM

Nah, I'm good.

by Anonymousreply 26Last Wednesday at 4:46 AM

Christmas in London would be like something out of Dickens.

by Anonymousreply 27Last Wednesday at 4:53 AM

Buck would never watch a gay themed Lifetime film.

by Anonymousreply 28Last Wednesday at 6:55 AM

Why is the hottie married to such an average joe? I'll never understand hot people who settle, it's like being a millionaire and who only eats McDonald's.

by Anonymousreply 29Last Wednesday at 6:59 AM

I had a handsome, muscular friend with a longtime partner who was obese. When a mutual friend asked what he saw in him and why did he stay, "He said Billy will never leave me."

by Anonymousreply 30Last Wednesday at 7:14 AM

R29, this average Joe may have "hidden assets."

by Anonymousreply 31Last Wednesday at 7:15 AM

What is a "LGBTQ movie"? Surely it's just a gay movie.

by Anonymousreply 32Last Wednesday at 7:15 AM

Hot gay men that date average or schluby men while they're still in their heyday are so sad. One day this guy's gonna wake up, be old, and realize he wasted his glory days and his looks. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 33Last Wednesday at 7:17 AM

You seriously don't get that there is more to a relationship than trying to land the hottest guy possible r29?

Have you ever been in a real relationship or is your only knowledge about quick hook ups?

by Anonymousreply 34Last Wednesday at 7:21 AM

More than likely R1.

by Anonymousreply 35Last Wednesday at 7:32 AM

Hot gay men are waiting for u here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36Last Wednesday at 7:34 AM

it's nice that Hallmark and Lifetime are finally acknowledging that gay and lesbians and nonwhite people celebrate Christmas too. Though who watches cable anymore besides middle-aged to elderly people? I cut the cord a while ago and stream or download everything. If I go to my grandma's house or something, I will watch cable though.

by Anonymousreply 37Last Thursday at 4:50 PM

I hope everyone will watch this movie when it premieres to support our own. If the movie doesn’t get good ratings, then don’t complain if they don’t do anymore movies for us.

by Anonymousreply 38Last Thursday at 4:54 PM

Fuck that shit. Just because it's gay doesn't make it good.

by Anonymousreply 39Last Thursday at 5:02 PM

[quote] has recently returned after a successful stint in Silicon Valley

Yeah... you would like to think that the I.T. industry is gay friendly but it's the exact opposite.

by Anonymousreply 40Last Thursday at 5:06 PM

Is Muriel another exile from Silicon Valley? I'd love to see an emotional Lifetime movie about her journey.

by Anonymousreply 41Last Thursday at 5:09 PM

Lifetime targets to older women, not gay men and Hallmark will still target old women and soccer moms with their movies, again not gay men. I'm not complaining they are trying to be more diversity and provide representation for LGBT but they'll surely just sanitize for a straight audience. But what can you do and having cozy and syrupy entertainment with visible gay and lesbian couples is still a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Thursday at 5:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!