Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lifetime casts real-life married gay couple in its first LGBTQ holiday movie

Lifetime is putting the final touches on its first holiday movie to feature an LGBTQ romance as the main storyline.

The network announced that the real-life same-sex married couple Ben Lewis and Blake Lee will star in the upcoming film “The Christmas Set Up,” with Fran Drescher and Ellen Wong among the other members of the cast.

“The world we create on camera should reflect the world we live in,” Amy Winter, Lifetime’s head of programming, said in a statement Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2020 1:11 AM

Will there be any fisting in this movie?

by Anonymousreply 1September 15, 2020 8:33 PM

They're saving that for a Valentine's Day movie, R1.

by Anonymousreply 2September 15, 2020 9:20 PM

Will they be wearing matching Christmas sweaters?

by Anonymousreply 3September 15, 2020 9:23 PM

Well, one of them is cute.

by Anonymousreply 4September 15, 2020 9:23 PM

Guy on left is really cute. Maybe Fran Drescher will undermine the LT sappiness.

by Anonymousreply 5September 15, 2020 9:25 PM

B....b......b.....but ....

Which one will hate Christmas and which one will own a Christmas tree farm?

by Anonymousreply 6September 15, 2020 9:26 PM

Let me guess: the "set up" is the two queens setting up a straight couple for a blind date.

The two hours will focus on all of the antics of the two flaming queens to get this heterosexual couple together by New Year's Eve.

BLECH.

by Anonymousreply 7September 15, 2020 9:28 PM

R1, there's a pumpkin spice lube-and-anal scene you're not gonna wanna miss.

by Anonymousreply 8September 15, 2020 9:29 PM

Neither looks like a screaming queen. A good image for the fraus in the Midwest.

by Anonymousreply 9September 15, 2020 9:40 PM

The fat one looks like he'd be related to Charlie Sheen.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 9:52 PM

The fat one would be the hotter one if he lost a couple of pounds

by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 9:55 PM

Is this the tie-in movie version of Chasten's new book?

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 9:57 PM

R11 I find the wonky-eyed, thin one much cuter

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 10:03 PM

Are my eyes wonky or is neither of them wonky-eyed?

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 10:05 PM

The 'fat one' (who isn't remotely fat) is the actor who plays Green Arrow's gay son William in Arrow.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2020 10:16 PM

Which one will present Yuletide hole?

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2020 10:19 PM

Man, that fat one sure has a face for radio.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2020 10:20 PM

Gays under 70 will never watch Lifetime unless it shows hard dick and anal prolapse, for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2020 10:23 PM

Surprise anal in the gazebo!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2020 10:40 PM

Will we get to see one of them going up inside the other one? Will either one die of the AIDS on Christmas Eve? I sure hope not.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2020 10:55 PM

The one on the right is the mug-cradler.

by Anonymousreply 21September 16, 2020 1:47 AM

The plot details from the Lifetime press site read:

[Quote]Hugo, a New York corporate lawyer and his best friend Madelyn head to Milwaukee to spend the holidays with his mom Kate, who is also in charge of the local Christmas celebrations. Ever the matchmaker, Kate arranges for Hugo to run into Patrick, Hugo’s high school friend and secret crush, who has recently returned after a successful stint in Silicon Valley. As they enjoy the local holiday festivities together, Hugo and Patrick’s attraction to each other is undeniable and it looks as though Kate’s well-intentioned Santa-style matchmaking is a success. But as Hugo receives word of a big promotion requiring a move to London, he must decide what is most important to him.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 2:09 AM

Spoiler: London is more important. THE END.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 2:19 AM

Will there be a tasteful scene where one fellow steadies a ladder while the other puts a star atop the tree...that somehow leads to the first guy plunging his tongue into the other's fartbox?

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 3:24 AM

I highly endorse moving to a London - it couldn’t be more Christmassy!

And THANK GOD they have a straight gal pal to get things rolling!!! What would we do without her?

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 9:20 AM

Nah, I'm good.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 12:46 PM

Christmas in London would be like something out of Dickens.

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2020 12:53 PM

Buck would never watch a gay themed Lifetime film.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 2:55 PM

Why is the hottie married to such an average joe? I'll never understand hot people who settle, it's like being a millionaire and who only eats McDonald's.

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 2:59 PM

I had a handsome, muscular friend with a longtime partner who was obese. When a mutual friend asked what he saw in him and why did he stay, "He said Billy will never leave me."

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2020 3:14 PM

R29, this average Joe may have "hidden assets."

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2020 3:15 PM

What is a "LGBTQ movie"? Surely it's just a gay movie.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2020 3:15 PM

Hot gay men that date average or schluby men while they're still in their heyday are so sad. One day this guy's gonna wake up, be old, and realize he wasted his glory days and his looks. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2020 3:17 PM

You seriously don't get that there is more to a relationship than trying to land the hottest guy possible r29?

Have you ever been in a real relationship or is your only knowledge about quick hook ups?

by Anonymousreply 34September 16, 2020 3:21 PM

More than likely R1.

by Anonymousreply 35September 16, 2020 3:32 PM

by Anonymousreply 36September 16, 2020 3:34 PM

it's nice that Hallmark and Lifetime are finally acknowledging that gay and lesbians and nonwhite people celebrate Christmas too. Though who watches cable anymore besides middle-aged to elderly people? I cut the cord a while ago and stream or download everything. If I go to my grandma's house or something, I will watch cable though.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2020 12:50 AM

I hope everyone will watch this movie when it premieres to support our own. If the movie doesn’t get good ratings, then don’t complain if they don’t do anymore movies for us.

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2020 12:54 AM

Fuck that shit. Just because it's gay doesn't make it good.

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2020 1:02 AM

[quote] has recently returned after a successful stint in Silicon Valley

Yeah... you would like to think that the I.T. industry is gay friendly but it's the exact opposite.

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2020 1:06 AM

Is Muriel another exile from Silicon Valley? I'd love to see an emotional Lifetime movie about her journey.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2020 1:09 AM

Lifetime targets to older women, not gay men and Hallmark will still target old women and soccer moms with their movies, again not gay men. I'm not complaining they are trying to be more diversity and provide representation for LGBT but they'll surely just sanitize for a straight audience. But what can you do and having cozy and syrupy entertainment with visible gay and lesbian couples is still a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2020 1:11 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!