Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Using Deepfake to Better De-Age Robert De Niro in ‘The Irishman’

All those millions Netflix and Scorsese spent on this cutting edge technology and it gets upstaged by a guy on YouTube?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13Last Tuesday at 4:25 PM

Look up the word "deepfake" and try to understand its meaning, and get back to us.

Idiocy is no excuse for offensiveness.

by Anonymousreply 1Last Tuesday at 9:36 AM

Can you do showbiz mothers?

by Anonymousreply 2Last Tuesday at 9:36 AM

Thought it was John Goodman.

by Anonymousreply 3Last Tuesday at 9:37 AM

[QUOTE] Thought it was John Goodman.

😂 Frank Sheeran did look more like John Goodman than De Niro.

by Anonymousreply 4Last Tuesday at 9:40 AM

This guy doesn’t have access to the original footage so he’s starting with the already de-aged Deniro. Not really a direct comparison.

by Anonymousreply 5Last Tuesday at 9:43 AM

Couldn’t the special fx wizards working on the film also start with the same de-aged De Niro, R5? Who told them to stop?

by Anonymousreply 6Last Tuesday at 9:47 AM

I imagine Scorsese told them to stop.

by Anonymousreply 7Last Tuesday at 9:53 AM

Everything about Hollywood is a shell game.

by Anonymousreply 8Last Tuesday at 9:53 AM

Could you imagine if the deepfake De Niro is what we actually saw in the movie? I would’ve been floored. Instead that blurry bullshit distracted me the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 9Last Tuesday at 9:56 AM

Couldn’t they just a madd one of them clones like they used in Lords of a Ring?

by Anonymousreply 10Last Tuesday at 9:57 AM

The Netflix version doesn't even look like DeNiro. The Deepfake version does.

by Anonymousreply 11Last Tuesday at 9:57 AM

Admit this clip is impressive. However, what everyone said originally would still obtain: De Niro's even younger face would sit even more awkwardly on his more restrictive body movements.

All that said, the clip makes me want to see the film again.

by Anonymousreply 12Last Tuesday at 9:58 AM

[QUOTE] However, what everyone said originally would still obtain: De Niro's even younger face would sit even more awkwardly on his more restrictive body movements.

That’s because they made a mistake of using De Niro’s old creaky bones. They should’ve used a young body double and put De Niro’s de-aged and deepfaked face onto him.

by Anonymousreply 13Last Tuesday at 4:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!