Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden will win the Electoral College

352-186. And we’ll know the winner on election night. This is my prediction.

by Anonymousreply 157September 23, 2020 5:45 PM

Basis?

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2020 11:34 PM

Not gonna happen. Trump and his wretched, evil, scum sucking pigs are going to steal this. I just know it. I hope every day that I wake up and find out he has died.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote] Basis?

State polls and my gut instinct.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2020 11:36 PM

Get real, OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2020 11:36 PM

Oh as long we have your gut instinct, we can sit back and relax, R3!

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2020 11:38 PM

Hahaha, you libtards will be crying into your matcha lattés on November 4 when Our Great God-Emperor Trump wins all 538 electoral votes!!! #TRUMP2024 #TRUMP2028 #TRUMP2032

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2020 11:41 PM

Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? (And by that I don't mean pressed on someone else's hole.)

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2020 11:41 PM

Start with the 2016 map. I can’t see any Blue states turning Red. But I can see these Red states turning Blue:

AZ, PA, WI, MI.

If so, Biden wins easily, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2020 11:49 PM

Even without WI, Biden wins.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2020 11:50 PM

I think you are assuming this election is going to occur legally, without major corruption, without complete chaos. It is not. If it were normal, rational people voting - sure. But, scumbag Trump has soooo much shit setup to make this work for his reelection, he and Putin are chatting daily, already celebrating.

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2020 11:51 PM

Nevada's one blue state that's at risk of flipping. So is New Hampshire.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2020 11:57 PM

Biden has to win Florida. Which means the Russiapublicans have to steal Florida.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2020 11:58 PM

I agree with OP

Have not figured out the percentages yet but I base my conclusion on the following:

1. Trump's base is 35% and shrinking.

2. People outside his base are just sick of him. His shtick has worn off, he's not funny, not clever, he's sleazy and he doesn't take the job seriously at a time when we need a serious president.

3. Those people are the silent majority.

4. 2016 was a game of "who do you hate the least?" and Hillary could only convince a thin sliver (3MM or around 2.5% of voters) that they hated Trump more than her.

5. No one hates Biden

6. There are no third party candidates

7. Trump being nasty to Hillary filled many people with glee. Trump being nasty to Biden makes him look like an asshole

8. Kamala is no Tim Kaine

9. A lot of people stayed home last time because they figured "they both suck"--now they know better.

10. Many people will crawl over broken glass to vote Trump out of office.

11. The Democrats will have strong messaging the last two weeks about the need to win in a landslide and get everyone in NY and CA out to vote because a popular vote landslide is the only way to get Trump out.

12. Suburban women vote and will drag everyone they know to the polls too.

So I think it's Biden in a landslide.

by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 12:00 AM

R11, “538” thinks Nevada is about 46% to 41%, Biden over Trump .

R10, yes, I am assuming the election proceeds legally, but I know, we’ll just have to see. Trump is a big talker, and does much less than he talks about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 12:03 AM

Right now, the only question is whether Trump will lose while losing Texas, or lose while barely winning Texas.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2020 12:08 AM

R12, ”538” has Biden ahead in Florida, 48.6% to 46%. That’s close enough for Trump to steal, I think, but still, who knows. It’s better than the opposite, for sure. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2020 12:09 AM

MSNBC just posted this. Biden is way ahead, but the margin of error is really large, so it’s closer than it looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2020 12:15 AM

I won’t feel comfortable until Biden is in the Oval Office and Trump is in prison.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2020 12:16 AM

[quote] Biden has to win Florida.

Completely false.

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2020 12:19 AM

Am I just too jaded here or what? I don't think ANY polls, or any of that matters. I just am totally convinced that this fuckwipe piece of shit is going to steal this - doesn't matter shit what electoral college #s or polls say at all. I hope I'm just too freaked out and not thinking rationally.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2020 12:19 AM

To get that many electoral votes Biden would have to win Florida, Arizona and probably Texas. Each of those Governors would make sure their state refused to certify the results before they would award them to Biden.

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2020 12:24 AM

I feel the most likely scenario is, that Trump and his enablers will claim victory as the in-person voting totals, which skew conservative, come in on election night. As the postal votes are counted, which will likely take weeks in some states, and these votes reflect a Biden victory in states the GOP has already claimed, Trump will claim that the Democrats are stealing the election from him. The entire process will be thrown into doubt, and the result will be back in court à la 2000 but taking months to resolve.

Hillary's recent advice to Biden is sound: NEVER CONCEDE.

by Anonymousreply 22September 15, 2020 12:26 AM

Steve Kornacki has said that Trump can eke out an Electoral College victory if he can get the average of national polls showing him losing to 5% or below. I see that the latest Fox poll has Trump gaining on Biden, trailing now by only 5%.

by Anonymousreply 23September 15, 2020 12:27 AM

[quote]So I think it's Biden in a landslide.

There will NEVER again be an electoral landslide the likes of which we saw in the '80s.

by Anonymousreply 24September 15, 2020 12:27 AM

Trump will claim fraud and will take it to the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 25September 15, 2020 12:33 AM

[quote] Trump will claim fraud and threaten that he will take it to the Supreme Court., but on January 19, realizing he has no actual case, he will give up and decamp for Mar-a-Moscow.

Fixed

by Anonymousreply 26September 15, 2020 12:36 AM

Let me add reason 13: The New York Times has been running headline like this one

[bold][italic] As Trump Again Rejects Science, Biden Calls Him a ‘Climate Arsonist’[/bold][/italic]

They were not nearly that blunt in 2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 15, 2020 12:43 AM

Please god, I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2020 12:47 AM

No swing voters give a shit about climate change. This election is about "fix it now", not long term strategies.

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2020 1:01 AM

[quote] To get that many electoral votes Biden would have to win Florida, Arizona and probably Texas.

FL and AZ, yes. TX, no.

A lot of states will have their mail-in ballots counted on Election Day, notably FL. CA will probably take weeks. Yes, I think Trump claiming victory before mail-in ballots are counted is a real concern, though I have a feeling that it’s being overstated somewhat. But the poster who thinks Trump is on the phone with Putin every day is being silly.

by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2020 1:06 AM

Have you heard? It's in the stars. Next July we collide with Mars .

by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2020 1:08 AM

R22 is most likely scenario. Trump will declare victory on Election night.

by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2020 1:09 AM

I love that Alexander Vindman called trump "Putin's useful idiot" in an Atlantic interview published today.

I'm also reading Michael Cohen's book. It oozes sleaze. trump is a rancid sleazebag lying cheat. He approved hacking into a business magazine's "best businessman" poll, the hacking was orchestrated by Cohen and performed by a person from Jerry Falwell's organization. The magazine must have suspected something because before the contest closed trump was dropped from the list as his numbers shot up from the bottom to #9 out of 200.

trump lies all day every day, he has to go. To prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2020 1:12 AM

Floriduh flooded with Russiapublican propaganda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2020 1:18 AM

The issue with Florida Latinos is that they are mostly of Cuban and Puerto Rican descent and are rabidly Republican. No matter how close we want Florida to be, or Bloomberg's $100M help, I think Florida will go for Trump.

Latinos in Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada generally are of Mexican and Central American descent. They are heavily more Democratic than Republican.

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2020 1:26 AM

Florida and Pennsylvania ad:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2020 1:55 AM

R13 is correct on every point. BUT only if we vote! Complacency is not an option this time around. It wasn’t last time either.

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2020 2:09 AM

Awesome analysis R13. I think and hope it's curtains for the Trump show.

by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2020 2:11 AM

I agree, OP.

Trump has never and will never win the popular vote. He will also win the Electoral College this time.

But Trump DOES still have shenanigans and Russia is smarter and more effective than Trump. So we'll just have to see.

by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2020 2:20 AM

I thought you were dead, Sylvia Browne.

by Anonymousreply 40September 15, 2020 2:22 AM

Biden will win the electoral college. AZ, MI, WI, PA, will flip. The other Hillary states will hold.

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2020 2:45 AM

R10 I agree. Actually, I still believe that both GWB elections and the 2016 election had tampered outcomes.

by Anonymousreply 42September 15, 2020 3:05 AM

Biden will win with somewhere between 290 and 334 electoral votes. At least that is how it looks right now.

by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2020 3:06 AM

I literally believe we have a sellout as a President, and he’s probably selling secret info to Putin. It’s even possible that he’s giving secrets away out of some utterly messed-up psychological ego boost. To make him seem important to Putin, so as to elevate himself in Putin’s view, for Putin’s approval. He’s probably done more damage to national security than anyone in history.

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2020 3:21 AM

I am voting as early as I get my ballot.

by Anonymousreply 45September 15, 2020 3:32 AM

OP, Biden should indeed win by an overwhelming majority, but I thought Hillary would too. I live in a deep blue state but bothered to vote anyway, because I wanted to be part of history, and help towards giving Hillary a national mandate. I was crestfallen as the night went on, and the TV reporters‘ moods started to change. I hope it works out this time.

by Anonymousreply 46September 15, 2020 3:40 AM

I think it will either be a complete Biden blowout, or a small Trump win. I don't think there's anything in between.

A lot of pollsters are adjusting for education to make-up for their 2016 folly, but are they over-adjusting? That is certainly possible. 2018 polls also underestimated Dem turnout.

by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2020 3:58 AM

Be scared. 538 posted an article today detailing what is actually being discussed in the corridors of power in Washington. I can't really believe it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 15, 2020 4:01 AM

R46, there's one huge difference. Biden isn't a shrill, entitled harpie.

by Anonymousreply 49September 15, 2020 4:32 AM

Why not, r48?

We ALL understand how desperate these thugs are to remain in power. They will do everything they can.

But they are a minority. And there are plenty of true patriots who want to preserve our institutions and will be three steps ahead of these traitors.

That's why they are doing this. They're letting it leak so fat Donnie knows his going to get boxed in no matter what shit he pulls.

When the Dems take over, you can bet there will be some hard and fast laws and chains of command put in writing so these fascist pricks will never be able to conspire again.

by Anonymousreply 50September 15, 2020 4:32 AM

You can bet Trump is going to pardon dozens before he leaves.

by Anonymousreply 51September 15, 2020 4:48 AM

We need counter cyber OPs and federal standards for election systems.

We need a federally uniform defense against election hacking, fraud, etc. and counter measures to hack and disable Russian systems.

We also need new laws against laundered, foreign dictator money going to candidates and PACs. We need new sanctions and an international boycott against Russia until regime change occurs there — as under the Cold War.

Speaking of the Cold War, we need a "Radio Free Russia" like we had "Radio Free Europe," in which NATO spams Russian citizens and systems with anti-Putin propaganda via satellite, etc., rather than just taking shit from Russia.

We also need to block Russian and Russian-allied accounts from accessing the U.S. internet, the way autocratic regimes block so much. Libel and slander are not protected free speech, so we need an agency to shut off websites, apps or accounts where Fake News is published

We need to make Facebook and any, other publisher of Fake News liable for libel damages and to shut off their internet access, the way we passed a law that allows any citizen to sue Craigslist for personal ads they consider offensive or illegal.

We also need to prosecute Trump and every, scumbag crony of Trump's and Putin's.

Unfortunately, I don't think the pussy Democrats will do it. Trump absolutely belongs in prison.

by Anonymousreply 52September 15, 2020 4:57 AM

The argument that Trump won't leave is specious.

First, his administration ends at noon on January 20. If there is no president elected, the office falls to the Speaker of the House, which will still be Nancy Pelosi (there is no doubt that she will win reelection and remain in the new Congress), and the Republicans do not want that.

For Trump to then try to remain, it becomes a coup and he will not have the support of the military, the National Guard, or any other branch with weapons, every member of which has a sworn oath to defend the Constitution. They don't take that lightly. (I took a lot from how Mark Milley was cowed after the Lafayette Park incident. I think he had the riot act read to him by the entire joint chiefs.)

Nothing it out of question for Trump, but I agree with OP and R13 that Biden will likely be ahead enough on election night that it will be impossible for Trump to drag it out. The one element YMF forgot was that black women are behind Biden and will drag their husbands, brothers, sons, significant others and everyone around them to the polls. They know what's at stake.

by Anonymousreply 53September 15, 2020 5:04 AM

[quote] Not gonna happen. Trump and his wretched, evil, scum sucking pigs are going to steal this. I just know it. I hope every day that I wake up and find out he has died.

And how do you “just know it”?

R20, you, too, are indeed not being rational.

by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2020 5:08 AM

So depressing Trump is polling so high. If he was CEO of a company they'd have canned him and he'd be in prison.

Republicans are a hate group.

by Anonymousreply 55September 15, 2020 5:36 AM

Serving and retired flag officers at the highest levels have made it absolutely clear over the past year that the military will not support anything like a subversion of Constitutional norms, much less anything like a Trump coup. The GOP may indeed be able to manipulate the election machinery, but they will not have the military's help in forcing or enforcing a decision.

by Anonymousreply 56September 15, 2020 7:54 AM

I absolutely hate paying taxes, but of course, I do.

My brother in law goes to great lengths, many illegal schemes, to avoid paying taxes. Many of these schemes actually wind how costing him more money, in the end, than if he just paid his damn taxes and moved on.

He had an $100,000 inheritance, which I think would have been tax free, but he bought 3 collectible coins with his inheritance, to hid it from his sister. I don’t understand why or how he thought this made sense, but anyway, he held the coins for 20 years and sold them for his son’s college education. He got $30,000 for the coins, I mentioned that he could write-off the loss on his taxes, but he didn’t have a receipt, want thought he might be able to get the receipt 20 years later, from the seller who was on his deathbed. ..TBC

by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2020 8:45 PM

Meanwhile, I was managing his wife, my sister’s money, and made 53% in the last two or three years that I did so.

by Anonymousreply 58September 15, 2020 8:50 PM

He might win by the actual votes, and even the electorate, but I don't trust fucking pieces of shit RNC to not already be doing something shady to somehow mishandle/lose, etc. enough Dem votes.

by Anonymousreply 59September 15, 2020 8:52 PM

The RNC doesn’t have anything to do with “handling” votes.

by Anonymousreply 60September 15, 2020 10:05 PM

I'm in Madison and wish to hell northern WI was as blue as Madison. Bunch of fucking yokels up there.

by Anonymousreply 61September 15, 2020 10:43 PM

The gerrymandering is so overwhelming nationwide, too. Democrats would win and the country would look "blue" if the districts weren't so illogically drawn to overwhelmingly favor Republicans in major and minor races.

by Anonymousreply 62September 16, 2020 1:52 AM

Gerrymandering Troll strikes again.

Gerrymandering is an issue in Congressional and state legislative races.

Not in presidential elections

by Anonymousreply 63September 16, 2020 1:57 AM

[quote]This is my prediction.

i hope so, OP, but your prediction is worthless

by Anonymousreply 64September 16, 2020 2:11 AM

It still amazes me that after all this time, the Orange Fucktwad is polling over 40%. How dumb are you Americans? I mean, really, how dumb are you? There are 300+ million of you, and 40+% of the electorate is still supporting someone who has truly caused your once great nation to deteriorate before our very eyes. So much for the shining city on the hill.

How is that?

And for someone who doesn't want the job of President, but just wants the title and perks and all that goes along with it, without you know, actually DOING the actual job, he's fighting very hard to keep himself in power. Guess he truly does believe he is a King.

And let's face it... Fucktwad isn't campaigning. He's really not. He's not telling anyone what a second term would look like. He's just trying, with success, to scare the shit out of the dumb Americans who think he's their saviour.

by Anonymousreply 65September 16, 2020 2:16 AM

Shut up R65. Your Head of State is a 90 something year old granny which y'all have never seen before. Trump is here now, but we will soon get rid of that disease

by Anonymousreply 66September 16, 2020 2:23 AM

Update from 538: Trump 24%, Biden 75%. Of course that doesn't mean Trump can't win, but he wishes right now the odds were reversed. And he's out of money.

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2020 2:56 AM

[quote] R69: It still amazes me that after all this time, the Orange Fucktwad is polling over 40%. How dumb are you Americans? I

Incredibly stupid, obviously. We’ll have to see how the election goes, but hopefully, the vast majority are. Much smarter, now.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2020 3:54 AM

The issue of 40% isn't about American stupidity as much as it is about so-called "conservative" dishonesty.

The Republican Party base is uneducated white trash who vote more for racial and social identity than ideology, culture or candidate appraisal like they're supposed to.

They're inbred, racist, country hicks completely out of the information loop and dishonest about the issues. They just want to be like the other, white, country rednecks so they vote Republican.

Trump makes it worse because he officially endorses racist policies and white supremacy.

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2020 4:05 AM

Also, r65, Trump is raking in millions in personal profit with the title and power of the presidency.

Whether it's hundreds of millions pouring into Mar-a-Lago and Trump towers for extra security and conferences or the millions he and his cronies get from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and Russia in exchange for policies favorable to those foreign dictators, it's grifting for cash that has defined Trump's entire life.

You're right, he doesn't work as a president. But he uses the power to extort or exact cash for himself.

by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2020 4:11 AM

I'm working the census in northern Wisconsin r61. There are Trump signs and flags everywhere. It is rare to see one for Biden. I don't think Biden will flip Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2020 8:06 AM

As I only block Trumpard trolls on DL and I had to check my ignored posters to see what R71 said, I can vouch that he is not being objective in this discussion. Just FYI.

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2020 8:22 AM

Yeah, R71 is a racist Trumpette.

by Anonymousreply 73September 16, 2020 8:46 AM

The blurring of lines between celebrities and politicians is another reason we have Trump.

They're all covered by the media with the same level of salaciousness and lack of seriousness, so less educated voters don't see a difference and view the President as a really funny reality TV show host... and thus we got Trump, whose attempts humor seem to delight the MAGAt masses.

by Anonymousreply 74September 16, 2020 1:31 PM

How can you see any yard signs in Wisconsin with your head up your ass, Boris @ r71?

Why do Wisconsin polls still show Biden beating Trump above the margin of error, after all the preaching and propaganda you and Fox shrieked at the world about Kenosha law and order for everyone except crooked cops and Republicans?

Where do you work that your commute passes by not only the "Trump signs and flags everywhere" in northern Wisconsin but the "rows of Trump yard signs" in your upper-middle class suburb of Pennsylvania, "boom, boom, BOOM?"

All of these anecdotal musings are just imaginary constructs in your head, as there is no more room for yard signs up your rectum where it's lodged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 16, 2020 1:44 PM

r71 has much more to worry about in Texas.

I'm canvassing for the census in suburban Dallas, Texas and the Biden yard signs line every major intersection and a few houses in every neighborhood. No Trump signs in sight.

Biden is in a dead heat with Trump for taking Texas this year: 46% to 46%. Texas is the biggest electoral vote haul for the Republicans at 38 electoral votes. If Republicans can't even hold their base, it's game over for that political party for the next 10 years, at least.

Maybe they shouldn't have nominated a corrupt sociopath and a phony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 16, 2020 1:53 PM

Biden also has a 6% and 34-yard sign lead in Georgia, which is another bastion of life-long Republicans.

The GOP castle has crumbled, so how are they going to build a new one in Wisconsin when their own people have turned on them?

I know this because I have to commute to Atlanta to turn in my Dallas census data by airplane. I see the yard signs and talk to everybody at the office and gas station clerks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 16, 2020 1:58 PM

If Biden wins TX and GA, he will have already won FL, WI, AZ, PA, and MI. They won’t be “tipping point” states, but wins in those two states would amount to a landslide for Biden, or as close to one as is possible - blowouts like Reagan in ‘84 or Nixon in ‘72 won’t happen again.

by Anonymousreply 78September 16, 2020 3:49 PM

R71

R74

by Anonymousreply 79September 16, 2020 4:02 PM

GA polls are very volatile.

by Anonymousreply 80September 16, 2020 4:27 PM

TX volatile too. If Biden wins Electoral college these states should be very interesting to watch...if only as a marker of how unpopular Trump is

by Anonymousreply 81September 16, 2020 4:31 PM

We shall see November 3rd

by Anonymousreply 82September 16, 2020 4:54 PM

Will Boris apologize, admit he was wrong and go away permanently on Nov. 4?

by Anonymousreply 83September 16, 2020 5:12 PM

Who are you accusing of being “Boris,” R83?

by Anonymousreply 84September 16, 2020 5:50 PM

The last good election night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 16, 2020 5:55 PM

Georgia, wow.

Not getting my hopes up about it or Texas, but wouldn’t that be something. The “yard sign” troll in Wisconsin is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 86September 17, 2020 3:38 AM

Biden has risen to a 16-point lead in Minnesota and a 6-point lead in Wisconsin:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 17, 2020 3:34 PM

The problem is that a candidate only needs to win a state by one vote, to take all its electors. So, like Trump did last time, he won a number of states by very slim margins, then lost other states by huge margins, thereby taking the electoral college while losing the popular vote. He could still do that this time, as seemingly unlikely as it may be.

I just looked at those polls posted recentLy, above, and Biden is ahead by 2% in Florida. That good news, but it’s not a wide enough difference to make me feel confident that he will take the state. Biden is up by 1,2% in. North Carolina, which would be a nice coup, to take, but that’s also not enough to make me feel confident about that state, too.

TX and GA lol solid for Trump . I don’t get why anybody thinks they’re competitive.

And WI is is the bag for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2020 9:53 AM

My nightmare scenario has Putin infecting Biden with COVID-19. You know he has a plan to do it, it’s just a question as to whether he dares to pull the trigger on it. Putin has poisoned Presidential candidates in Ukraine, Georgia, and Russia. He’s poisoned foreign dissidents and journalists in foreign countries. I will forever wonder if he gave Hillary pneumonia.

If I were Putin, I would absolutely put a plan into action to kill Biden, somehow. You know Trump won’t punish him for it, and it would throw the Dem party into complete disarray. I think it would toss the election to Trump. I mean, people might accept Harris as VP, but she wouldn’t have the support Biden has to run on the top of the ticket, if he died before Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 89September 18, 2020 10:09 AM

The debates will be interesting to watch to see how the two deal with the covid risk. Will they shake hands?

by Anonymousreply 90September 18, 2020 10:13 AM

Such positivity. Kinda bring back the good ol' memory of 2016.

by Anonymousreply 91September 18, 2020 10:15 AM

R11 Nevada is a blue state and it’s going to stay that way with all the Californians moving there like myself. 50,000 Californians have moved to Nevada in the last couple of years. I think that’s why Arizona might possibly turn blue because of Californians I can’t afford the state anymore I’m moving to similar climates and life styles like Nevada and Arizona can’t provide.

by Anonymousreply 92September 18, 2020 10:23 AM

I don’t think Trump is going to debate Biden. He’s going to claim the election is rigged so why should he bother debating.

by Anonymousreply 93September 18, 2020 10:26 AM

Biden should knew he needs to go for Trumps throat; and, he knows the kind of stunts a despicable grifter like Trump will do.

by Anonymousreply 94September 18, 2020 3:16 PM

Money is pouring into the DNC’s coffers at unprecedented rates even as we speak.

Trump is toast.

by Anonymousreply 95September 19, 2020 4:55 AM

The money raised by Biden and Democratic senate candidates this month is going to be insane after RBG's death. It's going to set records.

by Anonymousreply 96September 19, 2020 4:57 AM

It already has, r96.

I think someone posted a Twitter screenshot on another thread saying the DNC has already raised over $10 million tonight.

by Anonymousreply 97September 19, 2020 5:24 AM

Keep dreaming, OP. I wish, but not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 98September 19, 2020 5:52 AM

R88 "So, like Trump did last time, he won a number of states by very slim margins, then lost other states by huge margins, thereby taking the electoral college while losing the popular vote"

Which is why people and politicians need to be aware of and push for the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. Nothing short of a Senate supermajority can get rid of the Electoral College and Repukes will never support it. The closest the Senate got to a bipartisan constitutional amendment to abolish the EC was in the late 60s and early 70s, but Nazi Dixiecrats like Strom Thurmond killed the bill. An interstate agreement that guarantees the victory of the candidate who wins the popular vote is infinitely more feasible, and the compact currently sits at 196 pledged electoral votes, with 64 pending.

by Anonymousreply 99September 19, 2020 6:29 AM

R8, PA is a Blue State that goes insane on very rare occasions. This year we revert to form and help elect Scranton Joe!

I'm in a Middle-Class suburb in the Lehigh Valley, and the lawns here have Biden signs! "Patriots for Biden," "This is Biden-Harris Country," "Biden 2020," my own "Ridin' With Biden," and my fave---"Vote For Biden: He Won't Inject You With Bleach"!

We have judges who have just allowed more time for processing mail-in ballots. I'm taking mine directly to the County Elections Office.

by Anonymousreply 100September 19, 2020 6:49 AM

Moreover, Biden ain't no All Gore. He and his team of 600 legal eagles are going to monitor the polling places and vote-counting like never before. And no "Brooks Brothers" or Unmasked Gun-Humper interlopers will deter them.

We are DONE with Casper Milquetoast, Little Lord Fauntleroy, and the Marquis of Queensbury bowing before criminal Republican actions. Democrats are in old Mayor Daley "FU" mode right about now.

by Anonymousreply 101September 19, 2020 6:59 AM

"Al."

by Anonymousreply 102September 19, 2020 7:03 AM

Please check out Jennifer Cohn's Twitter feed. She is an election advocate and is very concerned about a lot of the voting machines. There is a very big reason Trump wants people to vote in person. Most of the tallies from the machines can easily been hacked and have been. It's the only way Trump can win

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 19, 2020 7:14 AM

Most Democrats have said to pollsters that they are going to vote by mail this year.

If ol' Vlad the Putin* tries to fuck around with the vote tallies, there will be a paper trail.

*Someone used this name and it made me laugh so I kept it

by Anonymousreply 104September 19, 2020 7:31 AM

I'm just not seeing any Biden signs here in Tallahassee, Florida.

I talk to all kinds of people in my upper-middle class enclave, from CEOS of international corporations to clerks at the gas station. We noticed 4 Trump yard signs overtake the Biden signs from Miami-Dade. Boom, boom, BOOM!

Just like that, Biden is history!

by Anonymousreply 105September 19, 2020 7:40 AM

The GOP and the DP are lining up like in 2016. A faux outsider v old school beltway. Expect the same result.

by Anonymousreply 106September 19, 2020 1:28 PM

R106

The numbers are different this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 19, 2020 6:44 PM

^ The numbers are always different. Ask Gore and Hillary. Don't they say it's madness to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result? The GOP is sticking with their winning strategy. The DNC is sticking with their losing one.

by Anonymousreply 108September 19, 2020 8:01 PM

what would you suggest?

by Anonymousreply 109September 19, 2020 8:08 PM

Take up arms. Prepare for a civil war. They have.

by Anonymousreply 110September 19, 2020 8:15 PM

(from another thread) .... We're not fucked from a voting standpoint, but we are fucked from a "voting " standpoint. We have way more than enough LEGITIMATE votes. We did in 2016.

Many of us still all accept that 2016 was a legitimate, free and fair election. Yet so much evidence continues to be revealed that it was anything but!

I'm not just talking about the misinformation campaign and Comey's October surprise (just to mention two), I'm talking about evidence that voting machines in EVERY STATE were hacked. Not just the 21 first revealed by IG sources in 2017. It is why Trump has waged his campaignagainst the Post Office/mail-in voting, and is insistent that people HAVE to go to the polls. He knows Putin has the button to change the tallies, (it has to do with the touch screens, as well as other vulnerable technological areas). And because of the irreparable damage that has already been done, and the GOP representatives in certain areas that are deliberately still allowing, they are making it practically impossible for the mail voting system to work. People will be forced to literally risk their lives if they want to leave their houses and vote.

It also conveniently ties in to Trump still deliberately lying about the Covid number of deaths, brutality of the disease, and chances of getting it. Despite taped evidence of his own voice confirming he knew the risks and dangers, he continues to blatantly lie at his rallies. He lies about the number of deaths, the harshness of the disease, the long-term nasty effects, and each person's possibility of getting it. If supporters continue to think it's all "Fake", they'll go in person to the polls.

SEE how it's all connected?No repairs have been implemented to our voting system. NONE! ..... quite the opposite....The Russians have improved their methods of infiltration. There is no way the results will be accurate. Not even close. Not with the people in charge.

Trump has already stated he will contest, 100%, when he loses because his losing is proof that our voting system is rigged! And we all know it is exactly the opposite. 180 degrees!! His "winning" is absolute proof that hacking successfully took place. Just like in 2016.

The Democrats have to come right out and say this. "IF DONALD TRUMP WINS, THAT IS 100% PROOF POSITIVE VOTING WAS RIGGED!"

The election should just be canceled. Trump should be disqualified and Biden automatically made President. Yes, of course I know this is impossible. I'm not delusional. But violence and death is a certainty come November. WTF can we do to prevent this?

by Anonymousreply 111September 19, 2020 8:17 PM

R111 I agree. Here's what I suggest:

Cancel the election until voting is secure.

Why the fuck isn't the US retaliating when Russia is waging a flat out war? Shouldn't s country defend itself? Russia is openly conducting a war on the western electoral system and trying to put is stooge in place. They've done that before and still no one has hit back. Not UK. Not US.

Deal with the pandemic. Better to save some lives than hold a fake election knowingly. This would be the responsible thing to do.

Impeach the turd again. Demand a western alliance war on Russia. Hold the election in 2021. Properly. It's a gap year globally.

by Anonymousreply 112September 19, 2020 8:35 PM

I've posted this before but this is Trump's election to lose. He has multiple failsafe mechanisms in place to fix the election in his favor. However, he's relying on a cadre of massive fuckups, and I do include Vladimir Putin among them, to make it happen, and he isn't helping his own cause one bit. I can easily imagine a scenario in which his followers just say "Fuck this" and don't bother to vote.

by Anonymousreply 113September 19, 2020 8:37 PM

R112 The problem with your suggestion is that it still leaves Trump and his administration in charge, so absolutely nothing can be trusted. Another impeachment? If it prevents Trump from "doing his job" while still in office, then maybe....

But I do think you are on to something. Keep at it. and Thank you!!

by Anonymousreply 114September 19, 2020 8:41 PM

The election cannot be canceled or postponed. There is literally no mechanism for doing that. Some of you are too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 115September 19, 2020 8:57 PM

I mean, seriously...who is going to cancel it? If this mysterious entity actually said “Okay, it’s canceled,” there would be immediate lawsuits filed which would make it to SCOTUS fairly quickly. And how do you think they would rule?

by Anonymousreply 116September 19, 2020 9:00 PM

Boris wants a civil war. It’s good for Putin.

by Anonymousreply 117September 19, 2020 9:32 PM

R111 is just another Boris trying to reduce this to absolutes, “Us vs. Them” and violence.

Russia wants us to believe a civil war is inevitable because Russia wants to destroy American power. That’s why they hired Trump and other Republicans.

We will get rid of Trump democratically, overthrow any shenanigans in court and do it all without violence to anyone but criminals.

by Anonymousreply 118September 19, 2020 9:52 PM

R111 = r112.

Welcome to another Trollstar Weekend!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 19, 2020 10:00 PM

The people suggesting to “delay the election until voting is secure” are not stupid.

They’re Russian trolls and pawns thereof who want to keep Trump in power.

Voting will never be found secure while Trump is in charge. He will “delay” forever!

The only “stupids” are people who can’t see that delaying the election only serves Trump, there is no proof any votes have ever been hacked and changed, not even the F.B.I. thinks Russia has altered votes yet and “delaying the election” is not a legitimate option or possibility in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 120September 19, 2020 10:18 PM

Maybe the names and addresses of the electors should be published?

by Anonymousreply 121September 19, 2020 10:39 PM

Why is there no emoji for “musket”? Maybe the same reason there is no Moose, whatever that reason is.

I’m reminded of the armed people who stormed the Minnesota statehouse like NAZI Brown Shirts and we’re allowed to do so.

by Anonymousreply 122September 19, 2020 10:49 PM

Well, whaddya know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 19, 2020 10:51 PM

R106, An incumbent President is no longer any kind of "outsider."

The sad fact is that the majority of Republican voters who aren't in it merely and wittingly for personal wealth enhancement are the Eternal Suckers, those who fall for the religion and patriotism hypocrisies spouted by cynical Right-Wing politicians and preachers all the time.

Trump could blatantly destroy Social Security and Medicare and his supporters would yet blame the Democrats.

They are that stupid and stubborn. Hopeless. Beyond the reach not only of reason but of fact. Anti-history. Anti-science. Unmoved by art, literature, philosophy. Unfamiliar with erudition. Swayed never by the deep but only by the superficial.

Perfect marks.

by Anonymousreply 124September 20, 2020 6:45 AM

OP, Please show me a poll where the Amish and Mennonites are included in OH and PN results. If you think they won't be voting for Trump en mass then you're definitely out of the loop.

by Anonymousreply 125September 20, 2020 7:11 AM

R125, show us how many of those sects voted in 2016. Otherwise, buzz off.

by Anonymousreply 126September 20, 2020 1:44 PM

I'm in Georgia and I don't have a Biden sign because my Obama sign was stolen (I naively thought by a supporter who wanted their own but then found the bent up metal support thrown down near my driveway) then I awoke to a very large blackened patch of lawn and what I thought was a meter reader creeping around. Turns out it was firefighters. I thought it was idiots and their cigarette butts. Nope. The firefighters told my neighbor someone had "poured an accellerant on the grass." So no more political signs for me. The fire got dangerously close to my house.

by Anonymousreply 127September 20, 2020 1:56 PM

538 projects states that Biden will win by greater than 75 percent total 278 EC votes. In other words, barring a catastrophe, Biden's odds are pretty damn good at this point. What October surprises await us?

by Anonymousreply 128September 21, 2020 9:39 PM

Biden kills and eats children. Or some other QAnon crap.

Meanwhile let's see those Tax Returns, Trumpy. No? Well, hope nothing harmful leaks...

by Anonymousreply 129September 21, 2020 9:57 PM

R128, The Trump Vaccine.

Or a Cuban-American female from Florida as the new SCOTUS justice.

Or a Fake Treaty with N. Korea.

Or riots by agents provocateurs.

by Anonymousreply 130September 22, 2020 2:00 AM

It's baked in. In a year of unprecedented crises - covid, record deficits, high unemployment, impeachment, hypocritical power play with the Court - the polls have been constant. Very little movement - so no "trends" that are unmeasured that could cause unexpected results. It's turnout, and both sides are highly motivated now.

Biden will win popular vote by 5-8 million votes. And win electoral college EVEN WITH uncertain results in Florida and Pennsylvania. Of course will challenge and attempt to get the Court to deliver him the election. It won't happen.

And I am a "fairplay", consensus building Democrat... looking at norms and protocols to protect our democracy. But now, raw corrupt hypocritical power must be met by raw power. 11 members on the Court. DC and Puerto Rico states. Dominate and squash... it's an existential question now and McC and Maga-Republicans burned all the rules. Why should we observe rules that no longer exist?

by Anonymousreply 131September 22, 2020 2:10 AM

I concur R131. We end the filibuster. DC and PR as states. We add four seats to the USSC.

Let the fucking Repukes whine and cry about destroying norms. After the last two decades, and in particular the last five years, oh, hell NO.

They want to exercise raw power? Two can play at that game.

by Anonymousreply 132September 22, 2020 3:02 AM

I agree and Repubs are last people to cry about norms. They have done JACKSHIT to ask for "fairplay."

by Anonymousreply 133September 22, 2020 3:08 AM

I think the votes can go the way OP thinks, but Trump won’t concede, won’t allow the power transition, won’t leave.

That’s when the real fun begins. Seriously. Make all the popcorn.

by Anonymousreply 134September 22, 2020 3:09 AM

It doesn’t matter whether he leaves the White House or not. As soon as Biden is sworn in, Trump is no longer president.

I’m sure Joe can conduct the nation’s business from Blair House for a week or two.

Also, there is no legal requirement for the loser of an election to “concede.”

by Anonymousreply 135September 22, 2020 3:55 AM

[quote] The GOP and the DP are lining up like in 2016. A faux outsider v old school beltway. Expect the same result.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 136September 22, 2020 4:27 AM

R134, Trump "won't allow"...??! Hahahaha! Commander in Chief Biden might disabuse him of his notions.

by Anonymousreply 137September 22, 2020 4:41 AM

r125 is the Saddest. Boris. Delusion. EVAH!

by Anonymousreply 138September 22, 2020 5:18 AM

This will be the litmus test as to "are the elections fixed?" Think about it - what if all our beliefs in democracy and superiority of our voting system is just bullshit, and it has been fixed forever by whoever has the most money and influence. All the way back. We have been conned!

by Anonymousreply 139September 22, 2020 6:29 AM

R139 Ya, think? (Said all the millions of women and black folk who were never allowed to vote...)

Women's right to vote, only 100 years ago. Relentless voter suppression efforts by Republicans in the last 100 years.

by Anonymousreply 140September 22, 2020 3:26 PM

Boris is all over DL today preaching that Trump's nearing victory.

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141September 22, 2020 5:50 PM

Looking at the polls -- yes I know they are ONLY polls and we should not put 100% stock in them but Biden is holding steady in PA, WI, MN, AZ and MI. He is slightly ahead in FL.

NC is a toss up.

GA has Trump only a +1 point lead.

The new one I saw is that Biden is edging out Trump in OH, by approx. 2+ points.

IA has Trump slightly ahead.

by Anonymousreply 142September 22, 2020 10:48 PM

My next prediction: many voters who are leaning Trump do not like Trump at all but are convinced (thanks Fox News!) that Biden is legit senile and not up to the job.

So if Biden does okay in the debates--doesn't have to be great, but say on the level he was at when he debated Bernie one-on-one --they will realize that Biden is not in fact senile and change their votes.

At least the ones who do not see abortion as the only issue worth voting about.

by Anonymousreply 143September 22, 2020 10:53 PM

Trump is behind in OHIO, a state he carried by 8 points in 2016. He is campaigning there, this close to the election. He's worried.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 22, 2020 11:10 PM

I hope Trump has a huge SS protection team. Putin will try to kill him.

I wish Dems would stop whining about expanding the SCOTUS, because, can’t the Republicans do that before Jan 20? The Dems should definitely do it, but shuddup about it.

I’m all for Puerto Rico becoming a state. Maybe even the Virgin Islands, but can DC afford to become a state? I think it would be better for most of DC to be merged into Maryland. Make DC tiny. Then divide California into 5 states.

The SCOTUS thing sucks and is unfair but there are even bigger things to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 145September 23, 2020 12:29 AM

Trump won the electoral college because of 80,000 people in PA, WI and MI. That’s it. I want to believe that we are being told that the polls are so close because they want us to get out and vote instead of staying home last time. I want Biden to win so big that the election is called quickly just by in person voting.

by Anonymousreply 146September 23, 2020 12:47 AM

[quote] I wish Dems would stop whining about expanding the SCOTUS, because, can’t the Republicans do that before Jan 20? The Dems should definitely do it, but shuddup about it.

No, they can’t do this. And, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to explain this online today.

They can’t do it because it would require the House to pass the bill expanding the Court. The Senate cannot do this alone. The House won’t do that until Biden is President and the Dems have the Senate.

More importantly the Dems should talk about it. A LOT. Why? Because when we win and we start on this path to add four seats in January, we can push back against the horrified Repukes who will be aghast at our “affront to democracy” 🙄 and say that we discussed this it for two months leading up to the election. We explained why we’re doing it. The American people knew what we were planning and were obviously OK with it. They voted us in. Deal.

by Anonymousreply 147September 23, 2020 1:01 AM

WHAT STUPID VOTERS don't realize or comprehend about biden and "alleged" senility, that even if that was true, which it is not, he would SURROUND HIMSELF with qualified and experience people besides his v.p. harris... he would truly have the best people unlike lump, i mean trump, no i mean lump...

by Anonymousreply 148September 23, 2020 1:05 AM

You really need to ask that now R148?

by Anonymousreply 149September 23, 2020 1:07 AM

R147 Exactly. And "threatening" such a nuclear option would conceivably had the benefit of persuading some Republican Senators (Mitt, Alexander, Grassley) who might actually care about institutions as much as power, to move forward carefully. Looks like that's not going to work, but ginning up Democratic anger with these "raw power back at ya'" scenarios will raise Democratic turn out, and generate contributions and enthusiasm for winning the Senate.

by Anonymousreply 150September 23, 2020 1:59 AM

Agree, R150. They are unleashing a beast. Simply because you can do something doesn’t mean that you necessarily should do something. Strategy is knowing when to go all out and, more importantly, when to ease up on the gas. But #MoscowMitch and his cohorts have always been incredibly tone deaf. The resulting storm is going to overwhelm and engulf them.

But frankly, the system has been broken for decades. It needs a really, really, really good shakeup.

Buckle up.

by Anonymousreply 151September 23, 2020 2:29 AM

Plus R146, I want Biden to win big so he can claim a mandate, and implement a number of things on the Dem wish list. They should be ready on day one to do so.

I don’t hear him talking about Citizen’s United but you can craft a new law reversing it that some legal eagle carefully designs to be acceptable to the SCOTUS, or you get started with a constitutional amendment.

Plus everything Trump fucked up needs to be reversed. Just a law that says “reverse everything Trump did and if that’s not feasible, we’ll get to that, soon”. Ok, maybe not that, but he has enough people to get I all planned out between Nov 3 and Jan 21.

by Anonymousreply 152September 23, 2020 2:29 AM

Republicans need both threats and prosecutions swiftly until they learn they can't send crooks to Washington.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153September 23, 2020 3:24 AM

I love the last ten posts in this thread. I co-sign all of them. (Except for the panicked, “don’t talk about expanding the SCOTUS now because the Senate Rs will do it before Biden’s Inauguration“ one.)

by Anonymousreply 154September 23, 2020 4:06 AM

Good discussion here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155September 23, 2020 4:14 AM

Yes, but Boris is bumping the Fake News that Donald Trump is ahead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156September 23, 2020 5:45 PM

Yes, but Boris is bumping the Fake News that Donald Trump is ahead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157September 23, 2020 5:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!