Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

THINGS ABOUT DATALOUNGE YOU'D LIKE 'SPLAINED TO YOU

I'd like to know why if you ignore a poster, they give you a list of all that poster's posts. If you want to ignore, why, why?

by Anonymousreply 145November 1, 2020 1:25 AM

Yeah, Muriel, why?

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2020 6:15 PM

It's a great feature.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2020 6:20 PM

It is? If the poster was so obnoxious, why would you want to know everything he/she has been saying?

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2020 6:25 PM

It seems like a way of stalking people.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2020 6:25 PM

You don't get all their posts, just the comments and posts you've already seen so far.

It's handy if you're like me and sometimes hit ignore when you're scrolling with your big fat thumbs. You can see in the ignored tab that they're not someone you meant to ignore.

And unlike many delicate flowers here on Datalounge, I don't think using the ignore function is stalking. Stalking! Like, it's the same thing as shoving a kitchen knife in your pocket and following someone home at midnight? Come on, you know it's not stalking, you just say that it's the same thing as stalking because you don't like it when someone uses the ignore function to find out you've been trolling for 27 hours straight.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2020 6:45 PM

I meant that if the function shows ALL the posts, it is like following the ignored poster all around DL.

Nevermind. I guess I got it wrong.

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2020 6:47 PM

I don't leave anyone blocked because, as crazy as they may seem, they still represent a viewpoint others may share. Therein, I value being able to block someone, look at what and where they post, and then just learn to take it for what it's worth rather than engage with it. There's value in being able to see who is truly a troll and who is just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2020 6:48 PM

We'd tell you, but clearly you'd NEVER understand.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2020 6:51 PM

I’d like to know why so many of my stickied threads don’t stay stickied.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2020 6:51 PM

How do people see all your recent posts?

by Anonymousreply 10September 14, 2020 6:57 PM

Trolls don't represent viewpoints others may share. They're trolls. And unless you're spending a half hour per thread putting each person on ignore to sort out who's trolling and who isn't, anyone who refuses to block people is engaging with trolls whether they know it or not, and spreading their misinformation and bigotry around.

You can't tell me the "lynch the n*ggers" guy on the Oscars threads wasn't worth blocking. Or that weirdo that showed up to post "gas all Jews" for a couple days and then spammed us with "Waah, why was I banned?!" posts is a viewpoint that deserves to be heard. The homophobes shouldn't be blocked? The guy posting photos of dead animals? The actual celebrity stalkers? The QAnoners spreading their conspiracies? Milo, Matt, Davida, trolls from Gab and Mumsnet, Erna and AYB and PPSM? All of them deserve to be heard because all viewpoints are beautiful? Please.

by Anonymousreply 11September 14, 2020 6:57 PM

The function ignored, when clicked, says

Posts by ignored poster 1 and on MY screen that shows a bunch of comments I'd never seen before on a bunch of different threads. I don't remember hitting ignore that many times.

So, duh, if you can't see how that would be stalking Poster 1, I can't 'spain it to YOU.

by Anonymousreply 12September 14, 2020 7:01 PM

I don't troll, by the way, but accusing everyone of trolling is, imo, TROLLING.

by Anonymousreply 13September 14, 2020 7:02 PM

So you can make sure the poster you ignored really deserves to be ignored as opposed to a being a valuable contributor with one offensive post.

by Anonymousreply 14September 14, 2020 7:06 PM

Yeah, that makes sense, but you still find out every time the person posts ANYTHING. In the aggregate, that is a lot of info. Maybe someone "ignores" you so they can find out eveything they can about your opinions, etc. Maybe Eddie the Cop could do that.

Okay, I'm a Scorpio, but just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!

by Anonymousreply 15September 14, 2020 7:09 PM

R12, you didn't hit ignore a bunch of times, you chowderhead, you hit it once. Once you ignore someone, all of their comments and posts are ignored.

That means every comment they made in any thread you've gone to has been ignored, removed from your view. You'll see it in the ignored tab. Of course you don't recognize a lot of the comments they made -- it's because you didn't see them.

You put R969 on ignore on the Things We Hate About Cabbage thread. Then you go out to the Why Didn't Bob Newhart Ever Pose Nude? thread and all of the ignored guy's posts are missing. You probably won't notice that they're missing because there's no real indication they're not showing up. Later, when go out to the ignored tab, you see everything the guy posted on the Bob Newhart thread that you missed before.

That's not stalking and that's not a mystery, it's the way the ignore function is supposed to work.

by Anonymousreply 16September 14, 2020 7:13 PM

R15, everyone should be assuming that "Eddie the cop" is reading everything they write everywhere on public forums, and probably a lot of private ones, too.

The ignored tab is no different than going out to someone's Twitter profile and seeing everything they've ever tweeted.

by Anonymousreply 17September 14, 2020 7:14 PM

The anti-troll features used to be used for blocking extremists, but now have become a way to harass and disappear innocent people.

by Anonymousreply 18September 14, 2020 7:18 PM

I don't use twitter, fuckbook, or any other forums. If someone is going to read every single thing I've written on DL, in order and complete, I won't be posting here, either.

I think the infamous Muriel should change this feature. Why would you ignore some racist and then change your mind because he/she posts a thing about loving cats????

by Anonymousreply 19September 14, 2020 7:22 PM

Another butt-hurt troll got busted.

Boo hoo.

Muriel ought to bring back Troll-dar linked to all devices, IP addresses and accounts. Then you'd really be unable to troll.

by Anonymousreply 20September 14, 2020 7:25 PM

Okay, I ignored myself and now I can see every single post I ever made here. That sucks. Invasion of your privacy and mine. Why would I need a feature so that if I ignore some racist I can un-ignore him or her in the future? Do I need to read a bunch of nasty posts to run across one where he or she says he or she loves cats and then unignore.

Get real, DL.

I don't use twitter, fuckbook or any other forums. I guess now I can't post on DL without being followed around the site.

by Anonymousreply 21September 14, 2020 7:27 PM

Why is it when I ignore a poster, his thread titles still show up in the recent threads list?

BE GONE

by Anonymousreply 22September 14, 2020 7:28 PM

The ignored tab doesn't show every post you've ever written on DL. That's a lie. Stop trying to scare people, asshole.

You only see what the ignored person has written in threads you recently went to, during your current session.

by Anonymousreply 23September 14, 2020 7:32 PM

Where did cak and graxy originate?

by Anonymousreply 24September 14, 2020 7:36 PM

nope

by Anonymousreply 25September 14, 2020 7:37 PM

I don't block anyone, because it's a message board and I like to get a variety of thought. I don't like echo chambers. However, I do use that feature when someone posts something really outrageous, just to see what else they've posted or if it's a drive by bot type thing.

by Anonymousreply 26September 14, 2020 7:38 PM

I have a question.

What is this smelling cookies business?

by Anonymousreply 27September 14, 2020 7:38 PM

Synonym for gay-face. “He looks like he’s smelling cookies.” Doesn’t make much sense, but you just gotta go with it.

by Anonymousreply 28September 14, 2020 7:42 PM

^fresh-baked cookies, of course. No no stanky bag of Chips Ahoy.

by Anonymousreply 29September 14, 2020 7:43 PM

see what I mean--R26 uses it that way

by Anonymousreply 30September 14, 2020 7:46 PM

Chips Ahoy have been around forever and they've ALWAYS been shit.

by Anonymousreply 31September 14, 2020 7:47 PM

i once got diarrhea from eating chips ahoy. never ate them again after that

by Anonymousreply 32September 14, 2020 7:53 PM

[quote]Things We Hate About Cabbage thread

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 33September 14, 2020 7:59 PM

I don't mind being able to go to "Ignored" to see some (or all) of a poster's comments whom I've blocked, because it will sometimes do one of two things: 1) Let you see just how crazy that poster as he's spread all kinds of crap throughout DL on other threads; or 2) He's actually written some stuff that you've previously found interesting, and perhaps he was just having a bad day when he wrote the post that offended you, so perhaps you should unblock him and give him another chance, but just be cautious.

by Anonymousreply 34September 14, 2020 8:01 PM

I scrolled through the 32 posters I've blocked and they are consistently posting stupid shit. Repugnant.

by Anonymousreply 35September 14, 2020 8:02 PM

Why do paying subscribers have to experience the "become a subscriber" pop up all the time?

by Anonymousreply 36September 14, 2020 8:03 PM

What I'd like to know is why does DL have such a lousy Search function? This ain't rocket science.

I know going to Google and doing a search on datalounge.com is possible, but the site really took a step backwards when it changed it's own search - especially since it doesn't seem to go back very far in time. What is it three months? Six months?

by Anonymousreply 37September 14, 2020 8:05 PM

I don't understand the "smelling cookies" thing

by Anonymousreply 38September 14, 2020 8:07 PM

Why doesn't the IGNORE THREAD function work?

I don't want to see pictures of Rob Stark and Froyo, or Trump, or tiny penises.

by Anonymousreply 39September 14, 2020 8:17 PM

What is a goddam 'stanksleeve'?????

by Anonymousreply 40September 14, 2020 8:22 PM

I need a kind DLer to splain to me how to quote a poster.

Please and Thank You.

by Anonymousreply 41September 14, 2020 8:22 PM

[quote]What is it three months? Six months?

That was when it was “working.” If you search by date now the most recent posts that come up are from 8/30.

One thing that’s consistent: when things break, they don’t get fixed. It’s a slow, steady march toward the site not functioning at all.

by Anonymousreply 42September 14, 2020 8:27 PM

[quote]I need a kind DLer to splain to me how to quote a poster.

Type the word [italic]quote[/italic] inside square brackets, then paste the text you want to quote.

by Anonymousreply 43September 14, 2020 8:31 PM

[quote] What is a goddam 'stanksleeve'?????

An uncut man's foreskin.

by Anonymousreply 44September 14, 2020 8:33 PM

Thank you r43.

Testing:

[quote]then paste the text you want to quote

by Anonymousreply 45September 14, 2020 8:36 PM

[quote] I need a kind DLer to splain to me how to quote a poster.

On a Windows PC you use the brackets to the right of your P key "[ ]" and make sure you leave a space between the right bracket and the first letter of the text you're quoting.

by Anonymousreply 46September 14, 2020 8:36 PM

I’m quite new here. How do I start a new thread?

by Anonymousreply 47September 14, 2020 8:37 PM

I never knew about the ignored tab.

I have 20 users on ignore and 17 of them have no posts so that means they were all trolls, right?

by Anonymousreply 48September 14, 2020 8:39 PM

R47 you don't

by Anonymousreply 49September 14, 2020 8:39 PM

Thanks r46.

by Anonymousreply 50September 14, 2020 8:40 PM

[quote]I like to get a variety of thought

Some thoughts are not worth being exposed to. I block anyone that uses a racial slur seriously because it discredits anything else they have to say. Why bother.

by Anonymousreply 51September 14, 2020 8:41 PM

Using the "Ignore" function messes up the "Watched" function. E.g., if a poster that I put on "Ignore" is posting in one of my "Watched" threads, it will always look like there are "new" posts in my watched threads (even though I've read everything except for posts by the ignored poster).

For that reason, I don't ignore anybody.

[quote] anyone who refuses to block people is engaging with trolls whether they know it or not, and spreading their misinformation and bigotry around.

Disagree. Yes, you should FF an obvious troll, but there's no apparent benefit to blocking a troll. IMO, the best way to deal with a troll is to FF and not engage. That's how good threads get derailed.

by Anonymousreply 52September 14, 2020 8:41 PM

Exactly what R51 said.

by Anonymousreply 53September 14, 2020 8:42 PM

[quote]I guess now I can't post on DL without being followed around the site.

You never would have survived seeing your entire posting history left visible to everyone but lit up in B2-piss yellow at the click of a button.

by Anonymousreply 54September 14, 2020 8:42 PM

r47, from the main threads page (not inside a thread), in the footer of the page (black bar at the bottom of the screen), click the green "New Thread" button

by Anonymousreply 55September 14, 2020 8:44 PM

I’d rather have Chips Ahoy, I like dry chalky chocolate chip cookies, not those have baked gooey types.

by Anonymousreply 56September 14, 2020 8:44 PM

My hero r55! Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 57September 14, 2020 8:48 PM

[quote] I’m quite new here. How do I start a new thread?

When you have reached a certain number of visits, and registered, you can both reply (as you did at r47) and start threads.

To do this you have to be on the recent page / tab (not inside a thread) where you see all the threads currently on DL.

Look at the lower left of your browser window where a green "Start Thread" link is. Click on the link and you get to the form where you can fill out the required and optional fields (thread title, original post or comment, name / sign as, web link).

by Anonymousreply 58September 14, 2020 8:50 PM

Oh, Dear. it's New Thread not Start Thread, indeed. My apologies.

by Anonymousreply 59September 14, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote]I have 20 users on ignore and 17 of them have no posts so that means they were all trolls, right?

It's your call. As for the "no posts," it's because the trolldar function only goes back so far. If you don't encounter that poster in any other threads, eventually they'll show up with no posts.

As I understand it, trolldar only shows you the posts that:

1. Are the threads actually created the by person you ignored.

2. And the posts in threads that you both have visited.

3. And that aren't too old (I don't know how old the posts have to be to disappear).

The fact that you can see any of those posts at all is a feature, not a bug. Sometimes, a troll will post something questionable but you're not sure whether to take them seriously or not. Putting them on Ignore and checking their posting history can often, as in 9 times out of 10, tell you whether it's worth the trouble to respond.

[quote]Using the "Ignore" function messes up the "Watched" function.

There's an easy workaround. Click on the thread, then scroll all the way to the top, then all the way to the bottom. Even if the last post on the thread is by someone you ignored, the thread will then be marked as read.

by Anonymousreply 60September 14, 2020 8:58 PM

I'm not fond of either extreme, r56. And the Chips Ahoy cookies are bad enough, but what the hell are those "chocolate chips"? They're like chocolate kitty litter.

by Anonymousreply 61September 14, 2020 8:58 PM

[quote]but there's no apparent benefit to blocking a troll.

It can remove a lot of stupid shit from a thread, making it easier to spot, and engage with, content worth taking seriously.

by Anonymousreply 62September 14, 2020 9:00 PM

Who the hell is Hellen Lawson?

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2020 9:01 PM

R52 For me, an ignored post only screws up the watched thread until someone else (including myself) posts on the thread.

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2020 9:02 PM

[quote]Invasion of your privacy and mine.

You're posting to a public forum. Why on earth would you expect "privacy" here?

by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2020 9:02 PM

R24 That's one of the many Datalounge grammar mistakes that become DL legend.

Cak = cake

Graxy = gravy

Lens = Lena Dunham

Sometimes it's a phrase. A past poster meant to type "Why are straight men so stupid" but instead typed "Why are straight me so stupid"

A few months back I wanted to start a thread about "shots fired" and mistakenly fat fingered it so it read "Shits Fired."

And so on......

by Anonymousreply 66September 14, 2020 9:03 PM

[quote] Who the hell is Hellen Lawson?

Gasp!

by Anonymousreply 67September 14, 2020 9:08 PM

[quote] Who the hell is Hellen Lawson?

LEAVE THIS HOUSE!

by Anonymousreply 68September 14, 2020 9:09 PM

[quote] THINGS ABOUT DATALOUNGE YOU'D LIKE 'SPLAINED TO YOU

Do you know the homosex where the man go up into the man?

by Anonymousreply 69September 14, 2020 9:11 PM

The ignore feature can be a time saver when you put trolls and haters on ignore who don't contribute to the actual topic of the thread. It can come in handy especially in threads with around 500+ comments when 1/3rd, or even more, of the comments are made by trolls.

by Anonymousreply 70September 14, 2020 9:12 PM

What all this shit is all about.

by Anonymousreply 71September 14, 2020 9:12 PM

Who the heck is Poo Shoes and how does anybody know who's who?

by Anonymousreply 72September 14, 2020 9:16 PM

[R36], it's because you're signed into your browser with a different email address than you used when you subscribed. That's the explanation I got from the help peoples (sic) here.

by Anonymousreply 73September 14, 2020 9:17 PM

If you don't like being busted by trolldar, get the fuck out and go back to 4chan.

by Anonymousreply 74September 14, 2020 9:29 PM

I would give up one of my testicles if they'd move the "POST" button to the right about an inch or so. I can't count the number of times I've hit the "REPLY" button instead of the post button since the "POST" button ends up right on top of the "REPLY" button

by Anonymousreply 75September 14, 2020 9:33 PM

[quote] I don't mind being able to go to "Ignored" to see some (or all) of a poster's comments whom I've blocked, because it will sometimes do one of two things: 1) Let you see just how crazy that poster as he's spread all kinds of crap throughout DL on other threads; or 2) He's actually written some stuff that you've previously found interesting, and perhaps he was just having a bad day when he wrote the post that offended you[.]

That's basically what I do. It's enlightening to see someone's post in context.

by Anonymousreply 76September 14, 2020 9:42 PM

Since this is an anonymous message board the ignore feature can also give you more information about a poster like if he's posting only in one thread or other threads, what other comments he has made. It's a great way to spot shills and fantards who defend some celeb's honor for some reason. And of course the Russian / alt-right bot trolls.

It's sometimes interesting to spot the common theme, or agenda, in an anonymous posters comments.

by Anonymousreply 77September 14, 2020 9:51 PM

quote It's sometimes interesting to spot the common theme or agenda in an anonymous poster's comments

Yeah, R77, that's the definition of nosy parker-ness, since 'stalker' was considered too extreme. I personally don't try to "spot" things about the posters. I'm not here to do that, just to discuss and have fun.

by Anonymousreply 78September 14, 2020 9:54 PM

[quote] I personally don't try to "spot" things about the posters. I'm not here to do that, just to discuss and have fun.

Do you also watch Fox News for fun and don't bother trying to figure out if there is an agenda behind their reporting?

by Anonymousreply 79September 14, 2020 10:01 PM

Is DL Fox News? Gee, I didn't know when I came on here I had a "duty" to filter all posts through my Analytator and judge veracity and validity.

Fuck the fuck off, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 80September 14, 2020 10:04 PM

r80, oh, it's fairly simple

You can call me nosey-Parker, stalker, asshole or worse.

To me you're just a sad cunt.

by Anonymousreply 81September 14, 2020 10:09 PM

Ignored.

by Anonymousreply 82September 14, 2020 10:12 PM

People afraid of trolldar on the datalounge are afraid of it for a reason. They have been busted lying or pretending or being racist, cunty trash.

Fuck off and die in a greasefire, lying cunts. Go find another website to troll.

by Anonymousreply 83September 14, 2020 10:16 PM

[quote]Type the word quote inside square brackets, then paste the text you want to quote

by Anonymousreply 84September 14, 2020 10:21 PM

[test]

by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2020 10:28 PM

I don't understand why Muriel decided to ratio WW but not FF with the little green number symbol? Given that this is Datalounge surely numbered FFs would have a greater appeal?

by Anonymousreply 86September 14, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote] [quote]

by Anonymousreply 87September 14, 2020 10:42 PM

R85, should look like like R87 (I just posted that). After the 2nd bracket -- ] -- you put a space and then put the text after that.

by Anonymousreply 88September 14, 2020 10:43 PM

[ test2 ]

by Anonymousreply 89September 14, 2020 10:51 PM

(TEST) ?

by Anonymousreply 90September 14, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote] Testies.

by Anonymousreply 91September 14, 2020 10:53 PM

Mines obviously broken, can I get my money back? Where do I reply for my refund?

by Anonymousreply 92September 14, 2020 11:14 PM

Thank you r66, that's basically what I had assumed. YOU'RE Shits Fired? How well I remember that. I hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes of DL fame. It absolutely flies by., doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 93September 14, 2020 11:57 PM

WHO ARE THE KLAN GRANNIES?

by Anonymousreply 94September 14, 2020 11:58 PM

R93 Yes, *I* am Shits Fired! And proud of it.

R86 WW is kinda pointless now. The fun of it before was that you sort of got a curated presentation on the front page of the best WW's.

by Anonymousreply 95September 15, 2020 12:02 AM

Long live Diana Toss!

by Anonymousreply 96September 15, 2020 12:03 AM

WHO ARE THE KLAN GRANNIES?

by Anonymousreply 97September 15, 2020 12:03 AM

Here's my issue the with "Ignore" function:

Many times, if someone I have on "ignore" posts in a thread I am following, there will be a grey "1" inside a circle on the "watched" tab on the top nav and next to the thread name on the left hand nav too.

The only way to get rid of it is to either figure out who it is and un-ignore them or unfollow the thread.

Why?

by Anonymousreply 98September 15, 2020 12:06 AM

There's one African-British guy who gets enraged by posts about Meghan Markle. You could say, "Meghan Markle has not conducted herself very well since she married Harry," and he'd call you racist "klan granny." I think the Meghan posters are nuts and not at all interesting, but I don't think that critical posts about Harry and Meghan are by definition racist.

by Anonymousreply 99September 15, 2020 12:06 AM

[quote] And unlike many delicate flowers here on Datalounge, I don't think using the ignore function is stalking.

A delicate flower is someone who uses the ignore feature, like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 100September 15, 2020 12:07 AM

This post is triggering my fake-o-myalgia.

by Anonymousreply 101September 15, 2020 12:09 AM

For the quote thing to work when you're adding your own comments, you also have to hit the enter (return) key TWICE. At least that's what it still says in the Post Formatting guidelines in the DL Help section.

by Anonymousreply 102September 15, 2020 12:13 AM

I don't understand why you have to hit the "Post" button twice to make it post.

And I don't understand why you can't preview your post, and why you can't edit it after it has been posted. These are basic functions of any discussion forum.

by Anonymousreply 103September 15, 2020 12:15 AM

R103 This forum: born in the 90s and apparently stuck in the 90s.

And while we're on the "subject," it was much better when it actually had subject or topic categories. I miss those.

by Anonymousreply 104September 15, 2020 12:20 AM

Delicate flowers are not to be mistaken with "some would say flower-like..."

by Anonymousreply 105September 15, 2020 12:31 AM

No idea who and Klan Grannies are and I spend too much time here as it is.

There was a two day period when HTML formatting worked and you could change fonts and font sizes, add colors and all that and for some reason Muriel put a stop to it. No idea why.

Also the weird thing where you've got to actively double space to make a list, as opposed to Reddit and other sites that automatically do that for you

by Anonymousreply 106September 15, 2020 12:34 AM

Bitch-o-rama! You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 107September 15, 2020 12:36 AM

You can see the list of posts by people you ignore so that all the dumb asses who ignore themselves can see which ignored poster is themselves.

by Anonymousreply 108September 15, 2020 12:47 AM

The other message board that's been around forever I know is Metafilter. It has an ancient codebase and lots of annoying quirks too. The glitches here don't bother me. Unlike Metafilter, the posters are very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 109September 15, 2020 1:02 AM

[quote] There's one African-British guy who gets enraged by posts about Meghan Markle. You could say, "Meghan Markle has not conducted herself very well since she married Harry," and he'd call you racist "klan granny." I think the Meghan posters are nuts and not at all interesting, but I don't think that critical posts about Harry and Meghan are by definition racist.

IMO, both sides (pro- and anti-) of the Meghan / Harry posters are nuts. *Some* of the anti-Meghan posters *are* racist. That's just a fact. I don't enjoy those threads.

by Anonymousreply 110September 15, 2020 1:27 AM

What happens to the threads about specific people (e.g. the self-involved musclebound doctor, the New York estate agent with the big chin, the gay psychologist with the “pretty privilege”). There are thread after thread about these people, and then they just stop very abruptly.

Does Muriel ban them?

by Anonymousreply 111September 15, 2020 1:27 AM

Why does the box to put a web address link never work for me? Isn't something suppose to pop up to take me to google to find the page to link?

by Anonymousreply 112September 15, 2020 1:40 AM

Sure! A guy without a functioning brain is going to win the Presidency??

by Anonymousreply 113September 15, 2020 2:45 AM

[quote] On a Windows PC you use the brackets to the right of your P key "[ ]" and make sure you leave a space between the right bracket and the first letter of the text you're quoting.

Sweet

by Anonymousreply 114September 15, 2020 2:53 AM

Top 5 best DL threads ever.

by Anonymousreply 115September 15, 2020 3:08 AM

[quote] Why does the box to put a web address link never work for me? Isn't something suppose to pop up to take me to google to find the page to link?

Nope, I've never known it to work that way in more than twenty years of posting here. Copy the url, paste it into the web box thing.

by Anonymousreply 116September 15, 2020 3:30 AM

Where is this magical "reply" button?

by Anonymousreply 117September 16, 2020 1:48 AM

I haven't seen it for some time now, but was "Jackie on assistance" all about?

by Anonymousreply 118September 16, 2020 1:52 AM

I thought the phrase was “Jenny on the block,” not “Jackie on assistance?”

by Anonymousreply 119September 16, 2020 1:54 AM

“Jackie on assistance” is apparently autocorrect for “Jackie Onassis.”

by Anonymousreply 120September 16, 2020 2:04 AM

Why do we get signed out automatically so much?

by Anonymousreply 121September 16, 2020 12:05 PM

Why isn't it significantly easier to unfollow a thread?

by Anonymousreply 122September 16, 2020 2:09 PM

It's super damn easy to unfollow a thread. If you mean to ignore the thread, then yeah.

by Anonymousreply 123September 16, 2020 2:10 PM

R123 It's super easy to click the eye to unfollow, but then the threads return. I have to do it in a particular sequence for them to stay gone, and sometimes I have to log out then log back in.

by Anonymousreply 124September 16, 2020 2:12 PM

The only time it doesn't quite work for me is if you refresh the page too soon after clicking on the eye

by Anonymousreply 125September 16, 2020 2:20 PM

[quote] Why does the box to put a web address link never work for me? Isn't something suppose to pop up to take me to google to find the page to link?

Some types of links simply won't work here.

by Anonymousreply 126September 16, 2020 2:20 PM

That, r126, but also the Link field is not a search tool. You get the link elsewhere and post it in there.

by Anonymousreply 127September 16, 2020 2:23 PM

Unfollowing a thread (turning off the orange eye) does not seem to stick unless you stay on DL for a while after you've done it. If you unclick the eye on threads and then immediately exit out of DL the change will not register and the threads will still be followed when you come back.

by Anonymousreply 128September 16, 2020 2:23 PM

I’m new. What does ww and ff mean when you click them. How do I in luck if necessary

by Anonymousreply 129October 30, 2020 10:26 PM

I love threads like this, I love seeing newbies come to the DL -- and cut it

you gotta have that hard core

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130October 30, 2020 10:34 PM

I'm ignore-trigger-happy when we have a lot of annoying morons posting on the dl. I don't look at their posts in Ignore. I ignore them, it's in the name.

by Anonymousreply 131October 30, 2020 10:55 PM

It helps identify their history of posts.

by Anonymousreply 132October 30, 2020 11:59 PM

One thing I dont understand is why there is no why I can see all my posts in one place (apart from ignoring myself which seems extremely counter-intuitive)

Also as R9 said, why dont my "stickied" posts stay stuck

by Anonymousreply 133October 31, 2020 1:35 AM

F and F means fuck off fatty

WW means weird and wonderful

by Anonymousreply 134October 31, 2020 1:49 AM

[quote] What all this shit is all about.

is our resident master catfisher and always accuses other posters of using "sockpuppet accounts" whenever they call him out or criticize him.

by Anonymousreply 135October 31, 2020 3:59 AM

There are people who use sockpuppet accounts on the dl but I have no way of knowing which ones they are, they all look the same unless they're authenticated.

by Anonymousreply 136October 31, 2020 4:03 AM

How do I un-FF all of the people I have blocked?

I’m missing about 40% of most threads and want to start over again.

by Anonymousreply 137October 31, 2020 4:21 AM

Go to the menu, click on the circle with a line through it icon, click the "x" next to the posters you want to unblock.

by Anonymousreply 138October 31, 2020 4:29 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 139November 1, 2020 12:30 AM

You have to unblock them individually.

by Anonymousreply 140November 1, 2020 12:44 AM

[quote] There are people who use sockpuppet accounts on the dl but I have no way of knowing which ones they are, they all look the same unless they're authenticated.

No, they don't. They can switch accounts the entire day but it all comes down their vernacular. I can think of one poster , in particular, who can't hide behind other accounts as hard as tries.

by Anonymousreply 141November 1, 2020 12:48 AM

Why sometimes someone pretends to be an upthread poster and says "for the love of god, would someone please shit in my mouth." What is this referencing? Is it supposed to be funny?

by Anonymousreply 142November 1, 2020 12:52 AM

R140 -but where is the list of them, in order to do the unblocking?

by Anonymousreply 143November 1, 2020 12:52 AM

"Ignored"

by Anonymousreply 144November 1, 2020 1:08 AM

Who are the Klan Grannies?

by Anonymousreply 145November 1, 2020 1:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!