Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dolly Parton: Why does Datalounge think she's a dyke?

This is the only place where this seems to be regarded as common knowledge. She doesn't ping at all to me.

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2020 11:56 AM

She's seen more with her butch lady best friend, with whom she's admitted to sharing a bed, than she is with her husband. I can't think why people make assumptions, OP...

by Anonymousreply 1September 14, 2020 10:12 AM

No, just no, not the only place; and e.g. good bit of stories about her out there about having had sex with women, e.g. in the Playboy Mansion, doesn't make one a lesbian, but still. And she grew up in a time when there was much less questioning of sexuality and mental health, and celebrities were much more protected and before the transparency of the internet. Also, today people are much more critical of the sexuality of younger people and celebs than about former and old ones, also very hard on dl.

by Anonymousreply 2September 14, 2020 10:25 AM

ev body in the business knows .....but she is much loved.

by Anonymousreply 3September 14, 2020 10:25 AM

It’s only here I’ve the rumors...

I’ve read blind items about her having an eating disorder, but not about eating carpet.

by Anonymousreply 4September 14, 2020 10:50 AM

"It’s only here I’ve the rumors..."

We can't help it if you don't get out more.

by Anonymousreply 5September 14, 2020 10:58 AM

[Quote] It’s only here I’ve the rumors...

The rumors or the vapors?

by Anonymousreply 6September 14, 2020 11:15 AM

I'll never tell.

by Anonymousreply 7September 14, 2020 11:22 AM

The enormous joke-sized breasts.

by Anonymousreply 8September 14, 2020 11:55 AM

I heard about it on DListed, and even before then.

It doesn’t make a difference. Everyone loves Dolly.

by Anonymousreply 9September 14, 2020 11:59 AM

Emmylou Harris pings to high heaven anyway. That I got.

by Anonymousreply 10September 15, 2020 5:14 AM

Dolly Parton is 74 years old meaning that she was born and raised at a time when coming out as gay was taboo - and when she went into show business and became ultra famous, coming out became double taboo. We've all heard the rumors about Dolly being gay and don't expect her to come out anytime soon if at all. That show business closet is firmly locked - and it's all about image.

A number of years ago I read the sizzling memoir by Angela Bowie (David Bowie's first wife) and she pretty much spilled it all including people in show business who are actually gay - and Dolly Parton was one of the celebrities that she outed. It's probably the worst kept secret in Hollywood - just about everyone knows it but the media won't touch it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 15, 2020 5:24 AM

I tended to mostly believe her story that her husband likes to stay out of the spotlight. Maybe because, like most women, I suspected she wasn’t interested in sex.

by Anonymousreply 12September 15, 2020 5:31 AM

The Bonnie Mace story didn't help (or maybe it did).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 15, 2020 5:38 AM

r12 = Stephen Fry

by Anonymousreply 14September 15, 2020 5:39 AM

Stephen What? I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 15September 15, 2020 5:43 AM

She been with the same lady for many many yrs, her 'assistant'.....

she is beloved and folks leave her alone,

major dyke tho yes

by Anonymousreply 16September 15, 2020 5:59 AM

She fucked Jolene.

by Anonymousreply 17September 15, 2020 6:41 AM

Well, sad to say, you're an idiot, R10. Lou has been married three times (and, yes, all three times to men) and is a DEFINITE cock hound. Believe me, I've tried.

by Anonymousreply 18September 15, 2020 6:58 AM

How many times has Meredith Baxter Birney been married?

by Anonymousreply 19September 15, 2020 7:03 AM

Karen Carpenter, ONJ, Helen Reddy... they ping.

Dolly doesn’t. Not that that means it’s not true.

by Anonymousreply 20September 15, 2020 7:24 AM

Hard to believe anyone thinks she is str8...do ur homework dears

by Anonymousreply 21September 15, 2020 8:52 AM

Seriously, never a rumor about her with other men, just this one mysterious Carl whom she was never seen with. there is no harm/foul that she is, just that we are over all this BS and just admit you are gay.

by Anonymousreply 22September 16, 2020 4:53 AM

Admit? I prefer Reveal.

by Anonymousreply 23September 16, 2020 4:55 AM

Check out the thread on L Chat if anyone has any doubt.

by Anonymousreply 24September 16, 2020 4:59 AM

You can't hide your sexuality. A tiny bit of research and you know. All the famous female singers are lesbians. I have no idea why. Maybe straight women are too lazy. Apparently, it takes a lot of sacrifice. The nervousness and sense if not belonging seems to propel gays to the top in singing, acting, sports...

by Anonymousreply 25September 16, 2020 5:19 AM

LChat believe EVERY woman just needs to have a bad experience with a man and she’ll join their team.

by Anonymousreply 26September 16, 2020 6:24 AM

god bless her, we love lezzys like dolly !!!!

by Anonymousreply 27September 16, 2020 6:33 AM

The Dolly thread on L Chat put together every bit of info out there about the possibility of Dolly being a lesbian. It has convinced skeptics.

by Anonymousreply 28September 16, 2020 7:25 AM

Do they have a thread on Tammy Wynette?

by Anonymousreply 29September 16, 2020 7:27 AM

I have not seen one.

by Anonymousreply 30September 16, 2020 7:28 AM

[quote] You can't hide your sexuality. A tiny bit of research and you know. All the famous female singers are lesbians. I have no idea why.

Just like all the very best actresses from the Golden Age of Hollywood until now. They're the ones with the drive and the talent. The only woman you can't attach to another woman ever was Liz Taylor and she was a distaster.

by Anonymousreply 31September 16, 2020 11:07 AM

" Maybe because, like most women, I suspected she wasn’t interested in sex."

It's too bad Donald Trump ruined the "Sad" comeback, because this is sad.

Like, for real, y'all!

Sorry, I'm having a Britney moment.

by Anonymousreply 32September 16, 2020 11:15 AM

Dolly and Judy were photographed going to a lesbian club years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 16, 2020 12:07 PM

Does Dolly somehow make it up to Judy everytime there is an article out with Dolly promoting her marriage/beard?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34September 24, 2020 1:55 AM

If you're a big Dolly fan, and buy me a whiskey, I'll let you smell my finger.

by Anonymousreply 35September 24, 2020 2:01 AM

I don’t think she’s a DYKE, but I’d believe she’s a lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 36September 24, 2020 2:03 AM

I'D EAT HER OUT.

by Anonymousreply 37September 24, 2020 2:12 AM

I thought her fondness for wall-to-wall carpet was a white trash thing.

by Anonymousreply 38November 19, 2020 11:32 AM

Just heard on NPR she gave a million dollars to Vanderbilt Hospital, she had a relationship with a doctor there after being treated for a car accident, and it’s lead to a potential vaccine for Covid-19!

by Anonymousreply 39November 19, 2020 11:45 AM

Because on DataLounge, everyone is gay.

by Anonymousreply 40November 19, 2020 11:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!