Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Two Faces of Ru

YouTube suggested this video and so I watched it...RuPaul incriminates himself pretty severely, and Pearl has the wisdom just to silently listen and react with facial expressions on camera.

The best YouTube comment: “If you can’t love yourself, then how you gonna hurt someone else in a mental way that they can never recover from?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2020 1:29 PM

Pearl, like a number of the queens, is a "block your blessings" type.

by Anonymousreply 1September 13, 2020 1:05 PM

I love Pearl. I think he's one of my all time favorite queens.

by Anonymousreply 2September 13, 2020 1:09 PM

Have you been disappointed by Pearl's procedures?

by Anonymousreply 3September 13, 2020 1:11 PM

R1 what does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 4September 13, 2020 1:12 PM

What was wrong with these teeth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 13, 2020 1:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6September 13, 2020 1:13 PM

R1 Did you watch the video, though? I thought it was inteteresting. I have listened to RuPaul’s podcast for years and so I know that he incriminates himself/admits openly that he is a total introvert and when he’s on camera, it’s an act, period, because it is not his nature to be so interactive with people. It’s show business, and he bottles it all up for when the cameras and lights are on and otherwise doesn’t want to be hanging out with human beings. And I relate to that.

It’s still interesting to hear these snippets in this context, with RuPaul admitting “it’s fake” and then backtracking immediately, and also saying that his instinct was to hurt Pearl “emotionally in a way that he can never recover from.” I mean...wow.

“Everybody say LOVE!”

by Anonymousreply 7September 13, 2020 1:14 PM

I prefer the real teeth 100 percent to the plastic ones.

by Anonymousreply 8September 13, 2020 1:15 PM

On the way to Pete Burns?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 13, 2020 1:15 PM

He was adorable. Who got in his head?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 13, 2020 1:17 PM

The "wisdom" to make faces during a reaction video? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 11September 13, 2020 1:18 PM

Oh neat. The Pearl-obsessive has risen again.

by Anonymousreply 12September 13, 2020 1:20 PM

[Quote] his instinct was to hurt Pearl “emotionally in a way that he can never recover from.” I mean...wow.

Where's the wow? He didn't hurt Pearl. He admitted to the impulse.

Many of these queens were showing out for a dollar. Thanks to Ru & World of Wonder, they can now afford to buy houses, they might even be able to save for comfortable retirements. None of that would be possible without the platform provided by Drag Race.

It's no wonder Ru rises early, when the world is still asleep, and cycles around on his bike. Messy queens (and non-queens) are to be avoided.

by Anonymousreply 13September 13, 2020 1:20 PM

Pearl: I agreed to go on a reality show that has made it possible for me to have a much bigger career than I otherwise likely would have but they emotionally manipulated me!!! How dare they!

by Anonymousreply 14September 13, 2020 1:20 PM

RuPaul sent "good vibes" to a man he saw drowning in the Hudson instead of, you know, calling for help. Says all you need to know about Ru, hunty.

by Anonymousreply 15September 13, 2020 1:27 PM

The man was waving, not--

by Anonymousreply 16September 13, 2020 1:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!