Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Democrats Build HUGE Leads in Early Voting Across America

[QUOTE]Democrats who didn't vote in 2016 are also requesting ballots at higher rates than the GOP. The most striking example is Pennsylvania, where nearly 175,000 Democrats who sat out the last race have requested ballots, more than double Republicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122October 26, 2020 1:20 AM

Awesome--I'm still voting in person though.

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2020 2:33 PM

I’m on the fence, R1. I was once adamant that I’d vote in person but the more I think about it, the more voting by mail makes sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2020 2:35 PM

I'm so glad I'm a pessimist, because I really refuse to get my hopes up. For me, polls and anything now that shows anything positive for Dems is meaningless to me.

November 3rd/morning of the 4th, is all that matters to me.

by Anonymousreply 3September 11, 2020 2:35 PM

I sent my request in, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 4September 11, 2020 2:37 PM

R2, i just don't trust Trump's meddling of the USPS. I'm still going to vote in-person for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 5September 11, 2020 2:38 PM

Don’t take these numbers for granted!! Vote and make sure everyone you know (who is a Democrat) votes, too!!

by Anonymousreply 6September 11, 2020 2:40 PM

Same here, R5, but I'm in NY, so it won't really matter. No one's buying him winning NY if he tries to tamper here. It's those swing states that concern me most. Please try and vote in-person. I'll send you masks and gloves if you're worried!

by Anonymousreply 7September 11, 2020 2:41 PM

[QUOTE] I'm so glad I'm a pessimist, because I really refuse to get my hopes up. For me, polls and anything now that shows anything positive for Dems is meaningless to me.

There is no need to be pessimistic about this, R3. Joe Biden is taking the White House. We’re taking back America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 11, 2020 2:41 PM

r5 I don't trust Russia, China, and/or Iran not to hack voting machines either

by Anonymousreply 9September 11, 2020 2:46 PM

R8, I truly hope you're right, but I just can't be positive until I know that orange fuck has actually lost and I see his garbage family pushed out of the WH.

I also hope that IF the Dems take over the Senate, NO compromise with the GOP. Schumer might as well move aside for Warren if he plans to pull a "kumbaya" with those cockroaches on the right.

by Anonymousreply 10September 11, 2020 2:46 PM

Just remember, mail-in ballots won't be included in election night tallies. Trump will likely lead by a large margin on election night -- and he will prematurely claim victory. Fear not!

by Anonymousreply 11September 11, 2020 2:46 PM

[QUOTE] Just remember, mail-in ballots won't be included in election night tallies.

There will actually be plenty of mail in ballots counted before Election Day, R11. That’s why I’m now on the fence about voting in person. Also several states are in the process of changing their laws so that more ballots can be counted early with the totals actually reported on Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 12September 11, 2020 2:51 PM

These numbers are only indicating voter party affiliation, not who they voted for. The votes of Democrats for Trump are included in those Democratic totals.

by Anonymousreply 13September 11, 2020 2:57 PM

[quote]It's those swing states that concern me most.

Yes, same here. Florida and NC are basically tossups at this point.

by Anonymousreply 14September 11, 2020 2:59 PM

[QUOTE] These numbers are only indicating voter party affiliation, not who they voted for. The votes of Democrats for Trump are included in those Democratic totals.

What I wouldn’t give to be able to post gifs right now.

by Anonymousreply 15September 11, 2020 3:00 PM

More from the article:

[QUOTE] The Democratic dominance spreads across an array of battleground states, according to absentee ballot request data compiled by state election authorities and analyzed by Democratic and Republican data experts. In North Carolina and Pennsylvania, Democrats have a roughly three-to-one advantage over Republicans in absentee ballot requests. In Florida — a must-win for President Donald Trump — the Democratic lead stands at more than 700,000 ballot requests, while the party also leads in New Hampshire, Ohio and Iowa.

[QUOTE] Though the figures are preliminary, they provide a window into Democratic enthusiasm ahead of the election and offer a warning for Republicans. While Democrats stockpile votes and bring in new supporters, Trump’s campaign is relying on a smooth Election Day turnout operation at a time when it’s confronting an out-of-control pandemic and a mounting cash crunch.

[QUOTE] In Pennsylvania, which Trump won by just 44,000 votes four years ago, Democrats have built a lead of nearly 100,000 ballot requests from voters who didn’t participate in the 2016 election but are preparing to vote by mail this year, according to TargetSmart’s figures. In Michigan, where Trump won by fewer than 11,000 votes (and where voters do not register by party), the firm’s model shows that Democratic-aligned voters have a nearly 20,000-person advantage among non-2016 voters signing up to receive ballots. In Wisconsin, which Trump won by 22,000 votes, Democratic-leaning voters who skipped 2016 have made nearly 10,000 more requests for this election than their GOP counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2020 3:03 PM

The pain from the blue balls reading that ^

by Anonymousreply 17September 11, 2020 3:06 PM

I sympathize r17.

by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2020 3:09 PM

Democratic data and analytics firm "Hawkfish" CEO Josh Mendelsohn warned during an interview Sunday with Axios on HBO that a "red mirage" may take place on election day, with President Trump appearing to win a landslide victory before all mail-in ballots have been counted.

"We are sounding an alarm and saying that this is a very real possibility, that the data is going to show on election night an incredible victory for Donald Trump," he said.

"When every legitimate vote is tallied and we get to that final day, which will be someday after Election Day, it will in fact show that what happened on election night was exactly that, a mirage," Mendelsohn said. "It looked like Donald Trump was in the lead and he fundamentally was not when every ballot gets counted."

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2020 3:10 PM

Please stop posting shit like this, op.

Just let people fucking vote, goddamit!

Stop trying to give everyone a false sense of security.

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2020 3:13 PM

R20 are you nuts? I’m not going to let DL fall under a deluge of pro-Trump, anti-Biden propaganda from rightwing trolls. We’ve had enough misery in our lives over the past four years watching this neanderthal use the Constitution as a bib every day. Now we’re righteously marching toward victory, the wind at our backs, and you want us to curl up in the fetal position until November 3rd?

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2020 3:20 PM

By all means R21, please keep posting crap like this.

Let Democrats think that the election is over already, and we've won. So that they stay home, instead of voting.

IDIOT.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were a Russian troll, trying to keep people from voting.

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2020 3:25 PM

You believe this guy? Yes, me posting good news about Joe Biden and the Democrats on a gay message board might lead to Democratic voter apathy on such a large scale as to tilt the election toward Donald Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2020 3:30 PM

[quote] The votes of Democrats for Trump are included in those Democratic totals.

I don't think there will be too many Dem votes for Trump this time around.

by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2020 5:19 PM

[quote] These numbers are only indicating voter party affiliation, not who they voted for. The votes of Democrats for Trump are included in those Democratic totals.

Donald Trump will never emotionally fulfill you. KNOW THAT!

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2020 5:25 PM

How can they release data on which party is leading in a given county or state through absentee or mail ballots prior to the election day? It could influence in person voters to vote differently than they would in a blind vote. Is this normal?

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2020 5:30 PM

The more of us who vote in person, the sooner the Trump defeat will be obvious. We have always used mail-in, but this time we have decided to go in person.

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2020 5:32 PM

Dems are voting and voting early.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 15, 2020 7:07 PM

Yup, I'm mailing mine same-day, with a first-class stamp even though postage is paid.

by Anonymousreply 29September 15, 2020 7:17 PM

A recently updated chart with all the states' rules re when mail-in votes are counted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 15, 2020 7:21 PM

Voting machines can easily be hacked. Why do you think Trump wants you to vote in person. Vote by mail is safer on many levels. Just to make it double safe return your ballot to the election clerk in your district IN PERSON

by Anonymousreply 31September 15, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote]It's those swing states that concern me most. Please try and vote in-person. I'll send you masks and gloves if you're worried!

Pennsylvania is already fucking up and unable to mail out requested ballots on time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 15, 2020 7:27 PM

R20, die in a grease fire you Russkie scum!

by Anonymousreply 33September 15, 2020 7:27 PM

You can vote by mail and sort of do it in person too. Every county clerk's office should have a ballot drop box if the state votes by mail. Just go to their website for your county and see where they are.

In Oregon, I vote by mail but always just drop it off at the clerk's office. They have a drive up drop box. It's really easy.

by Anonymousreply 34September 15, 2020 7:32 PM

Poor Russians will be working overtime

by Anonymousreply 35September 15, 2020 7:34 PM

Trump’s Perverse Campaign Strategy

If the president’s allies are talking about the moment “shooting will begin” and “martial law,” it’s not by accident.

By Jamelle Bouie

Opinion Columnist

Sept. 15, 2020

On Sunday, Michael Caputo, the assistant secretary for public affairs at the Department of Health and Human Services, warned of left-wing insurrectionists and “sedition” within the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention during a video he hosted live on his Facebook page. After predicting victory for President Trump in the upcoming election, Caputo warned that Joe Biden wouldn’t concede. “And when Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” he said. “The drills that you’ve seen are nothing.”

Ordinarily, in a presidential election year, the main story of American politics is the election — its twists and turns, its ups and downs. This year, that story is hard to convey. Part of the reason for this is that the race itself is unremarkable, despite everything else that’s happening around it. Biden is ahead, most voters have made up their minds and Trump has a narrow path to re-election, with few opportunities to recover lost ground.

The larger, more important factor is that Trump isn’t actually running for re-election — or at least, not running in the traditional manner. He has a campaign, yes, but it is not a campaign to win votes or persuade the public outside of a few, select slivers of the electorate. Instead, it’s a campaign to hold on to power by any means necessary, using every tool available to him as president of the United States. Caputo, in that sense, is only taking cues from his boss.

Of course, Trump would like to obtain a proper victory. But it’s clear he’s not counting on it. That is why the most visible aspect of Trump’s campaign for continued power is his attack on the election itself. If he doesn’t win, he says again and again, then the outcome isn’t legitimate. He said it last month, during a trip to Wisconsin:

**The only way we’re going to lose this election is if the election is rigged. Remember that. It’s the only way we’re going to lose this election, so we have to be very careful.**

He said it again on Saturday, to cheering supporters at a rally in Nevada. “I am going to start by saying that the Democrats are trying to rig this election because it’s the only way they are going to win.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 15, 2020 7:42 PM

Along with this warning comes Trump’s call for supporters to act as “poll watchers” to prevent imaginary fraud at voting locations. “Watch it,” he said last week during a rally in North Carolina. “Be poll watchers when you go there. Watch all the thieving and stealing and robbing they do.” He added that after they vote, his supporters should “make sure it counts” because the “only way” Democrats can win is by “doing very bad things.”

There’s also the president’s rhetoric toward his political opponents. Asked on Fox News about “riots” if he wins re-election, Trump said he would “put them down very quickly,” before adding:

**Look, it’s called insurrection. We just send in and we do it, very easy. I mean, it’s very easy. I’d rather not do that because there’s no reason for it, but if we had to we’d do that and put it down within minutes.**

Later in the interview, Trump commented on the Sept. 3 killing of Michael Forest Reinoehl by U.S. marshals. Reinoehl was suspected of shooting a member of the far-right group Patriot Prayer during a protest in Portland, Ore., on Aug. 29. Trump, who swore to uphold the Constitution when he was inaugurated, claimed to have essentially called for an extrajudicial killing:

**Now we sent in the U.S. marshals for the killer, the man that killed the young man in the street. Two and a half days went by, and I put out “when are you going to go get him.” And the U.S. marshals went in to get him. There was a shootout. This guy was a violent criminal, and the U.S. marshalls killed him. And I’ll tell you something — that’s the way it has to be. There has to be retribution.**

Instead of making a conventional appeal to voters to give him another term in office, Trump is issuing a threat, of sorts: I cannot lose. If I do lose, the election was stolen. Anyone protesting my effort to hold onto power is an insurrectionist. And sometimes, “there has to be retribution.”

You can dismiss Trump’s statements as mere ranting and raving, but remember: This is a president who makes policy with his ranting and raving. And his allies, both in and out of government, have gotten the message. Asked in an interview with Alex Jones, the far-right conspiracy theorist, what Trump should do against Democrats who “think they can steal” the election, Roger Stone — a close confidant of the president whose 40-month prison sentence for witness tampering and lying to Congress was commuted by Trump earlier this year — said that “the ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals and taken from the state” because “they are completely corrupted.” He also urged the president to declare “martial law” and invoke the Insurrection Act to arrest political opponents.

It is a little tempting to treat all of this as a distraction from the traditional campaign, from the polls and events and advertisements and general political spectacle. For Trump, however, this is the campaign, and it is laying the groundwork for chaos and violence should the outcome show the slightest ambiguity (and even if it doesn’t). In a half-functioning country, all of the president’s rhetoric on this score would be grounds for removal from office. But we don’t live in a half-functioning country — we live in the United States of America.

by Anonymousreply 37September 15, 2020 7:44 PM

We’ve reached one million!

As of today, 1,048,100 Minnesotans have requested an absentee ballot to vote from home.

Same date in 2018: 101,161 Same date in 2016: 78,216

Amazing!

by Anonymousreply 38September 26, 2020 3:08 AM

I voted today although living in Vermont I am just contributing to the popular vote count. I never have to worry about Vermont's votes going the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 39September 26, 2020 3:15 AM

I will get my ballot on Oct 6th, fill it out, and drive it to the Board of Elections and deposit it there.

by Anonymousreply 40September 26, 2020 3:17 AM

Vote in person!!

by Anonymousreply 41September 26, 2020 3:19 AM

Ryan Grim: Lots of polling shows that Democrats are less likely to vote if they believe Trump is just going to steal the election. Trump's people have no doubt seen that polling too, which might be motivating Trump to be so honest about stealing the election. Win-win, so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 42September 26, 2020 3:20 AM

Minnesota has about 3.5 voters

by Anonymousreply 43September 26, 2020 3:22 AM

I'm in Colorado where the whole state votes buy mail. They begin mailing ballots on the 9th, and I will complete it as soon as I receive it, and will drop it in the drop box by the library two blocks from my house as I have done for the last 10 years. Colorado begins counting two weeks before election day, so there should be plenty of votes to announce at 7pm MST on Election Day

by Anonymousreply 44September 26, 2020 3:26 AM

Pennsylvania has "Vote by Mail" tracking.

Not only can they see when they send the ballot by the tracking number they give everyone who wishes to vote by mail via email

but they can always see when they get it and if it's counted.

They are making it as easy as possible.

by Anonymousreply 45September 26, 2020 3:27 AM

r45 Unfortunately, there may be nothing to track anytime soon. Aren't the ballots held up due to on-going civil suits, some involving the Green Party?

by Anonymousreply 46September 26, 2020 3:46 AM

Fucking moron in PA gives Barr his first bulletpoint to establish a dictatorship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 26, 2020 3:53 AM

Joe Lieberman’s son is playing spoiler in the Georgia senate race, running third party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 26, 2020 4:08 AM

Not third party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 26, 2020 4:09 AM

Fuck yeah, baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 26, 2020 4:13 AM

[quote]Republicans acknowledge they will be largely leaning on a well-organized Election Day turnout program they’ve spent years developing — one that is widely seen as superior to the one Democrats have built.

What is so special about the Republicans' program?

by Anonymousreply 51September 26, 2020 4:29 AM

It’s called hacking the election machines. They can’t do that u til Election Day which is always when they close the gab in these counties that no one has ever heard of yet there are supposed thousands who “show up and vote”

Or like in Florida they will just wipe out the presidential vote and leave the other selections.

by Anonymousreply 52September 26, 2020 4:36 AM

[quote]Unfortunately, there may be nothing to track anytime soon. Aren't the ballots held up due to on-going civil suits, some involving the Green Party?

The article listed at R32 is from September 13th. Those issues have already been ironed out and the ballots are going out now. Some people already have them.

However, now the issue is:

[quote]But one key question remains unanswered: whether election officials can start processing mail-in ballots -- without counting them -- before election day, a process that is often referred to as "pre-canvassing."

Long story short, the Democrats want 3 weeks to begin counting ballots and processing them. The Republicans only want to give them 3 days to do it.

As of now: The ballots will go out but the rest of the nation should currently expect Pennsylvania's results a couple of days AFTER election night and since it was so damn close last time I doubt anyone will be guessing the winner in PA until they know for sure.

The Democrats want to avoid this and want the extra time to deal with the increased volume so they can have results ON election night and not days after.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 26, 2020 7:19 AM

[QUOTE] Sharletta Johnson is not one to curse, but she made an exception Thursday morning, the first day Michiganders could begin dropping off absentee ballots with local clerks.

[QUOTE]“The last four years have been h-e-l-l,” she said, spelling out the profanity. “In every regard: in employment, in education, in the unity of the people in America. And the catalyst for all of the chaos is the president of the United States.”

[QUOTE]That’s why Ms. Johnson, 61, a respiratory specialist, decided to get up early and stand in line with dozens of fellow Detroiters to drop off an absentee ballot at the Detroit Elections Department with a vote for Mr. Biden.

[QUOTE]Joseph Lewis, 59, a Teamster from Detroit, brought his 18-year-old grandson Terrell Wells with him to vote for the first time.

[QUOTE]“I wanted to be the first in line. We’ve got to vote him out,” Mr. Lewis said, referring to Mr. Trump. “It’s that simple.”

[QUOTE]The coronavirus pandemic may be upending voting this year, and some voters have said they are wary of standing in long lines on Election Day, but that hasn’t stopped a surge of early voting and requests for absentee ballots in Michigan. Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, a Democrat, has said the total number of votes cast could exceed five million and set a record.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 26, 2020 3:42 PM

#earlyvote update 9/26

At least 866,734 people have voted in the 2016 general election

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 26, 2020 3:55 PM

[QUOTE] At least 866,734 people have voted in the 2016 general election

What?

by Anonymousreply 56September 26, 2020 4:00 PM

If your state has early (in person) voting, you can do that, too. It won’t be as crowded and your vote WILL be counted.

by Anonymousreply 57September 26, 2020 4:04 PM

by Anonymousreply 58September 26, 2020 4:14 PM

VA at 7% of 2016 turnout, suspect WI will go above that if the state updates today

by Anonymousreply 59September 26, 2020 4:20 PM

I'd rather hope that mail-in votes are being counted after the in person votes are being released. That way Putin and his hacker army don't have a clue how to distribute the Biden votes to make him lose without causing too much suspicion.

No way am I watching the news at election day. That play-by-play watching will make me crazy for sure. If Biden (which I am counting on) wins I can watch it unfold online with clips and streams.

by Anonymousreply 60September 26, 2020 4:51 PM

MN here. I'm taking a morning off this week to vote in person.

by Anonymousreply 61September 26, 2020 5:07 PM

Good

by Anonymousreply 62September 26, 2020 5:14 PM

Thank you, R61!

by Anonymousreply 63September 26, 2020 5:22 PM

I got my ballot yesterday, and filled it out. I used blue ink, filled the little ovals in perfectly, was careful to put it into the first envelope, then made sure my signature matched that on my license on the external envelope. I'm going to carry it to the county building on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 64September 26, 2020 5:46 PM

Ok like I believe this Chinese Troll. I see Mr Cheng is out in full swing today on DL.

by Anonymousreply 65September 26, 2020 6:55 PM

R65 Trumper.

by Anonymousreply 66September 26, 2020 7:05 PM

🔥🔥 NM voter turnout hits ‘historic’ percentage level

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 26, 2020 8:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 26, 2020 8:44 PM

FWIW, I did an online phone bank event in Ohio today. They said, there were usually eight or nine people who showed up for these sorts of things. Today, there were eighty-seven.

by Anonymousreply 69September 26, 2020 9:19 PM

Fuck yeah, r69!

That's what I'm talking about!

by Anonymousreply 70September 27, 2020 1:46 AM

“Democrats Build HUGE Leads in Early Voting Across America”

Suck it, deplorables!

by Anonymousreply 71September 27, 2020 2:14 AM

God I hope people read and follow instructions.

by Anonymousreply 72September 27, 2020 2:29 AM

More than 860,000 Americans have already cast their vote in the 2020 election—a number much higher than the reported 9,525 votes that were returned at this point in 2016.

At least 866,734 people have voted in this year's election as of September 26, according to the U.S. Elections Project, which is run by University of Florida political science professor Michael McDonald. The number is based on 25 states whose early voting data is available, meaning it does not convey the entire picture.

"These states are those where I have current data on mail ballot activity," McDonald wrote in a blog post Saturday morning. "More states will be added as state reports become available."

Still, the large number is a sign of Americans' excitement for the upcoming election, as well as an increased commitment to voting early fueled by the coronavirus pandemic and concern over U.S. Postal Service delays.

Numbers gathered by McDonald in 2016 highlight just how different this election cycle may be than the previous one. For the week ending September 25, 2016, 9,525 people had voted early, according to the reporting states and localities.

While it is important to note that this number is only an estimate and could've been higher depending on whether McDonald had access to more states' data, the difference of more than 850,000 votes from this time in 2016 is astonishing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73September 27, 2020 5:31 AM

NBC News-Marist poll:

Michigan: Likely voters Joe Biden 52% Donald Trump 44%

Wisconsin: Likely voters Joe Biden 54% Donald Trump 44%

by Anonymousreply 74September 27, 2020 2:17 PM

In 2016, there were 4 voting centers around my grandmother's home. She lives in a mostly black but mixed neighborhood. She would walk to one a block away and vote in person since where she lives they all have "assigned" places they have to go to vote.

By 2018, there were only 2 about 20 minutes away by car that everyone that used to be split between 4 centers would go to.

In 2020 there is only one center for everyone across three neighborhoods.

She's 94 and lives in a neighborhood around a lot of old people.

With mail in voting she's voting again, as are all of her older friends which is an excellent way to circumvent that kind of interference. My sister is going to pick up her ballot and those of her friends, make sure they did them right and then drop them off for all of them.

by Anonymousreply 75September 27, 2020 2:56 PM

your sister is a good person r75

by Anonymousreply 76September 27, 2020 2:59 PM

Dear r75: Please let us know where your grandmother lives and we’ll get right on removing all the mailboxes next!

by Anonymousreply 77September 27, 2020 3:00 PM

[quote] Let Democrats think that the election is over already, and we've won. So that they stay home, instead of voting.

I disagree that this kind of report lulls Democrat-leaners into a sense of false complacency. I think it revs us up even more!

by Anonymousreply 78September 27, 2020 3:13 PM

R69 I’ve signed up to litdrop today in Travis County and the volunteer numbers are so high, the Travis County Democratic Party is having to change around the schedule.

by Anonymousreply 79September 27, 2020 3:16 PM

Every single Liberal vote counts so the Republican Party can't sabotage any bills in the House and Senate. With a clear majority the sky's the limit.

by Anonymousreply 80September 27, 2020 3:17 PM

MICHIGAN'S FAST MOVING EV NUMBERS 9/22 1,180 9/232,556 9/244,796 9/257,991 9/26-28 13,467 9/2928,003 9/3072,767 9/30 II 133,297 The fact that it's doubling every day makes me wonder what IL and MN will look like when they do their updates

by Anonymousreply 81September 30, 2020 3:41 PM

How's it looking now?

by Anonymousreply 82September 30, 2020 3:42 PM

[quote]How's it looking now?

Democratic voters who have requested mail ballots — and returned them — greatly outnumber Republicans so far in key battleground states, causing alarm among GOP party leaders and strategists that President Trump’s attacks on mail voting could be hurting the party’s prospects to retain the White House and the Senate this year.

Of the more than 9 million voters who requested mail ballots through Monday in Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Maine and Iowa, the five battleground states where such data is publicly available, 52 percent were Democrats. Twenty-eight percent were Republicans, and 20 percent were unaffiliated.

The wide Democratic lead in mail voting so far has been the subject of urgent discussions among top GOP officials, according to people familiar with the conversations. The margins are “stunning” — and bad news for Republicans up and down the ballot, said longtime GOP pollster Whit Ayres.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 30, 2020 3:45 PM

NEW: Democrats saw a fundraising boom during and following the wild #Debates2020. Fundraising site @actblue processed close to $8 million between 9:00 and 11:00 pm. Since the start of the debate until this morning, it saw at least $25 million.

by Anonymousreply 84September 30, 2020 3:48 PM

CA mails ballots on 10/5, this coming Monday. Not that CA is ambiguous.

by Anonymousreply 85September 30, 2020 4:04 PM

I hope that Trump fucking with the Post Office backfires bigly r83

by Anonymousreply 86September 30, 2020 4:24 PM

Californians need to turn out for Congressional and local elections

by Anonymousreply 87September 30, 2020 5:21 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88October 1, 2020 2:45 AM

After this, there is no way Republicans can pull ahead at the last minute without widespread electoral voter fraud. Hell, as far as I’m concerned, voting Republican makes you complicit in voter fraud.

by Anonymousreply 89October 1, 2020 2:57 AM

We won’t know whom the mail-in voters voted for until the votes are counted.

by Anonymousreply 90October 1, 2020 1:41 PM

Well Republicans don’t even want those votes counted, R90, so that’s a pretty good indicator whose name they think is checked off in most of those envelopes.

by Anonymousreply 91October 1, 2020 4:50 PM

October surprise?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92October 1, 2020 5:08 PM

The last time Republicans whipped us into a frenzy over migrant caravans was before the 2018 Midterms and it resulted in the blue wave that made Nancy Pelosi the Speaker of the House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 1, 2020 5:23 PM

I'm trying not to put a lot of stock in all this evidence of Democrats voting by mail in way higher numbers than Republicans. The bulk of Republicans will go to the polls on Election Day—can they swamp the Democrats then?

by Anonymousreply 94October 1, 2020 5:34 PM

How surprising for a Repug governor to do this - can they make voter suppression any more obvious?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 1, 2020 7:39 PM

I really hate that temp worker in PA who accidentally threw out those 9 ballots. Barr is going nuts over it.

by Anonymousreply 96October 1, 2020 7:55 PM

If you can't read R95's pay-walled article:

Texas Gov. Abbott has issued a proclamation CLOSING (as of Oct. 2) satellite offices where voters can drop off completed mail-in ballots. Counties can only have 1 dropoff point, he says. Travis County (home to Austin) currently has 4, including 3 downtown. Harris County (Houston) has 12.

by Anonymousreply 97October 1, 2020 7:58 PM

[quote]I really hate that temp worker in PA who accidentally threw out those 9 ballots.

The ballots were discarded because Trump and the GOP sued the state to require invalidation of mail-in ballots without secrecy envelopes. Reporters need to confront Trump, Barr et al with the facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98October 1, 2020 8:03 PM

So does this mean that they can sue to disqualify returned ballots without a security sleeve? Is this going to be the way they try to steal the election? They will tie this up in the courts until early 2021.

by Anonymousreply 99October 1, 2020 8:19 PM

They'll use any excuse to question a ballot: signature isn't exactly the same, postmark is blurry, security sleeve is torn in one corner .... Only thing we can do is come out in such large numbers that the Democratic votes will speak for themselves. It occurs to me that if we do, it'll be reflected in exit polling, which will exert some check on Republican claims.

by Anonymousreply 100October 1, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote] So does this mean that they can sue to disqualify returned ballots without a security sleeve? Is this going to be the way they try to steal the election?

Are you suggesting that disqualified ballots should be counted? Do you know what disqualified means? Not counting an invalid vote isn’t stealing anything.

by Anonymousreply 101October 1, 2020 9:51 PM

No asshole r101, I was merely asking if the lack of security sleeve would be grounds for either side to try to disqualify them. It wasn't clear to me if that was automatically so.

We all know the Rethugs will be using every and any miniscule and obscure way to disqualify any ballots, since they are well aware by now they are in deep trouble in this election with the majority of the electorate.

Now fuck off back to Moskva and say hello to your comrades.

by Anonymousreply 102October 1, 2020 10:45 PM

If the lack of a security sleeve makes a ballot invalid, it’s invalid. That’s not miniscule. The rules apply the same for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 103October 1, 2020 11:05 PM

[quote]If the lack of a security sleeve makes a ballot invalid, it’s invalid.

Well thank you for answering so simply, since its merely what I was asking about from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 104October 1, 2020 11:09 PM

PS: Trump is still a raving loony ass who's going to lose, no matter how much he sues over ballots.

by Anonymousreply 105October 1, 2020 11:11 PM

On September 17, the PA Supreme Court sided with the Trump administration and ruled against Democrats in mandating that officials reject ballots without secrecy envelopes, sometimes referred to as "naked ballots." This is a new change that could potentially result in thousands of votes tossed out because voters don't know the rule about including the ballot in the secrecy sleeve. The PA ballots Trump keeps railing about being thrown out were thrown out only because his forces sued to force them to be thrown out.

Pennsylvania is one of 16 states that requires both an outer envelope and an inner secrecy envelope for voters to return their ballots, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. But it will be one of few states to fully enforce the requirement in order for the ballot to be counted — and it has no uniform process by which voters can fix an error with their ballot.

by Anonymousreply 106October 1, 2020 11:27 PM

Biden’s up 14 over Trump in the latest (post-debate, pre-COVID) poll. And early voting in swing state Minnesota is up 600% compared to 2016.

Trump is toast.

by Anonymousreply 107October 4, 2020 7:21 PM

In Pennsylvania, the lack of a security sleeve disqualifies the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 108October 4, 2020 7:22 PM

Link for my r107

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109October 4, 2020 7:23 PM

Any news on Biden’s test today?

by Anonymousreply 110October 4, 2020 7:25 PM

Apologies for the late daily update but my 3rd born had a birthday that I had to get home for.

#FallsChurch turnout update for 10/5

3,345 ballots cast is 31.6%

We have a new denominator with total active population at 10,587

by Anonymousreply 111October 6, 2020 1:44 AM

Staggering and fascinating figures: 3.6 million Americans have cast their ballot already- of those votes 490 000 did not vote in 2016 or 13.5 percent!!! That’s an incredible figure. Of course not all of these ‘new’ voters are democrats but it will be very exciting to see a huge turnout in this election. I am hoping it’s a massive repudiation of this crime infested admin.

by Anonymousreply 112October 6, 2020 1:50 AM

Not good for Jamie Harrison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 6, 2020 2:22 AM

I dropped off my ballot in Florida today. Straight Democratic voting from top to bottom.

I hope Biden wins in such a big landslide on Nov 3rd that Trump doesn't even dare to try to contest it.

TRUMP. MUST. GO.

by Anonymousreply 114October 6, 2020 2:28 AM

Trump thinks getting a virus approved before the election is going to save him, safety be damned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115October 6, 2020 1:42 PM

Big PA poll coming today:

[quote] Tomorrow, a big one in Pennsylvania. On Tuesday, we expect a Monmouth poll out of Pennsylvania. It’s a big one. Last time, it found Mr. Biden up by just three points in the state, one of the president’s best results of the month. If Monmouth shows a larger lead for Mr. Biden — as recent Times/Siena, ABC/Washington Post and YouGov polls have — Mr. Trump’s path to the presidency will plainly be in serious jeopardy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116October 6, 2020 1:49 PM

My ballot should arrive today (CA). It's going to feel great to fill it out.

by Anonymousreply 117October 6, 2020 2:58 PM

@ElectProject WI, MN, and VA now all at 22% of 2016 turnout

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 9, 2020 2:55 PM

18.7 million people have already voted. 2.5 million voted just today. 56% of those early voters are Democrats. 24% are Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 119October 16, 2020 4:13 AM

40 million Americans have now voted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120October 21, 2020 7:53 PM

58.5 million now. Already than the total number of early and absentee voters from 2016.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 26, 2020 1:07 AM

I think most everyone is as fed up with Trump as a plurality of DLers are. Maybe. I hope.

They see what we see, right? They see how terrible he is as well, I think.

by Anonymousreply 122October 26, 2020 1:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!