Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Democrats Build HUGE Leads in Early Voting Across America

[QUOTE]Democrats who didn't vote in 2016 are also requesting ballots at higher rates than the GOP. The most striking example is Pennsylvania, where nearly 175,000 Democrats who sat out the last race have requested ballots, more than double Republicans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3709/15/2020

Awesome--I'm still voting in person though.

by Anonymousreply 109/11/2020

I’m on the fence, R1. I was once adamant that I’d vote in person but the more I think about it, the more voting by mail makes sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 209/11/2020

I'm so glad I'm a pessimist, because I really refuse to get my hopes up. For me, polls and anything now that shows anything positive for Dems is meaningless to me.

November 3rd/morning of the 4th, is all that matters to me.

by Anonymousreply 309/11/2020

I sent my request in, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 409/11/2020

R2, i just don't trust Trump's meddling of the USPS. I'm still going to vote in-person for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 509/11/2020

Don’t take these numbers for granted!! Vote and make sure everyone you know (who is a Democrat) votes, too!!

by Anonymousreply 609/11/2020

Same here, R5, but I'm in NY, so it won't really matter. No one's buying him winning NY if he tries to tamper here. It's those swing states that concern me most. Please try and vote in-person. I'll send you masks and gloves if you're worried!

by Anonymousreply 709/11/2020

[QUOTE] I'm so glad I'm a pessimist, because I really refuse to get my hopes up. For me, polls and anything now that shows anything positive for Dems is meaningless to me.

There is no need to be pessimistic about this, R3. Joe Biden is taking the White House. We’re taking back America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 809/11/2020

r5 I don't trust Russia, China, and/or Iran not to hack voting machines either

by Anonymousreply 909/11/2020

R8, I truly hope you're right, but I just can't be positive until I know that orange fuck has actually lost and I see his garbage family pushed out of the WH.

I also hope that IF the Dems take over the Senate, NO compromise with the GOP. Schumer might as well move aside for Warren if he plans to pull a "kumbaya" with those cockroaches on the right.

by Anonymousreply 1009/11/2020

Just remember, mail-in ballots won't be included in election night tallies. Trump will likely lead by a large margin on election night -- and he will prematurely claim victory. Fear not!

by Anonymousreply 1109/11/2020

[QUOTE] Just remember, mail-in ballots won't be included in election night tallies.

There will actually be plenty of mail in ballots counted before Election Day, R11. That’s why I’m now on the fence about voting in person. Also several states are in the process of changing their laws so that more ballots can be counted early with the totals actually reported on Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 1209/11/2020

These numbers are only indicating voter party affiliation, not who they voted for. The votes of Democrats for Trump are included in those Democratic totals.

by Anonymousreply 1309/11/2020

[quote]It's those swing states that concern me most.

Yes, same here. Florida and NC are basically tossups at this point.

by Anonymousreply 1409/11/2020

[QUOTE] These numbers are only indicating voter party affiliation, not who they voted for. The votes of Democrats for Trump are included in those Democratic totals.

What I wouldn’t give to be able to post gifs right now.

by Anonymousreply 1509/11/2020

More from the article:

[QUOTE] The Democratic dominance spreads across an array of battleground states, according to absentee ballot request data compiled by state election authorities and analyzed by Democratic and Republican data experts. In North Carolina and Pennsylvania, Democrats have a roughly three-to-one advantage over Republicans in absentee ballot requests. In Florida — a must-win for President Donald Trump — the Democratic lead stands at more than 700,000 ballot requests, while the party also leads in New Hampshire, Ohio and Iowa.

[QUOTE] Though the figures are preliminary, they provide a window into Democratic enthusiasm ahead of the election and offer a warning for Republicans. While Democrats stockpile votes and bring in new supporters, Trump’s campaign is relying on a smooth Election Day turnout operation at a time when it’s confronting an out-of-control pandemic and a mounting cash crunch.

[QUOTE] In Pennsylvania, which Trump won by just 44,000 votes four years ago, Democrats have built a lead of nearly 100,000 ballot requests from voters who didn’t participate in the 2016 election but are preparing to vote by mail this year, according to TargetSmart’s figures. In Michigan, where Trump won by fewer than 11,000 votes (and where voters do not register by party), the firm’s model shows that Democratic-aligned voters have a nearly 20,000-person advantage among non-2016 voters signing up to receive ballots. In Wisconsin, which Trump won by 22,000 votes, Democratic-leaning voters who skipped 2016 have made nearly 10,000 more requests for this election than their GOP counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 1609/11/2020

The pain from the blue balls reading that ^

by Anonymousreply 1709/11/2020

I sympathize r17.

by Anonymousreply 1809/11/2020

Democratic data and analytics firm "Hawkfish" CEO Josh Mendelsohn warned during an interview Sunday with Axios on HBO that a "red mirage" may take place on election day, with President Trump appearing to win a landslide victory before all mail-in ballots have been counted.

"We are sounding an alarm and saying that this is a very real possibility, that the data is going to show on election night an incredible victory for Donald Trump," he said.

"When every legitimate vote is tallied and we get to that final day, which will be someday after Election Day, it will in fact show that what happened on election night was exactly that, a mirage," Mendelsohn said. "It looked like Donald Trump was in the lead and he fundamentally was not when every ballot gets counted."

by Anonymousreply 1909/11/2020

Please stop posting shit like this, op.

Just let people fucking vote, goddamit!

Stop trying to give everyone a false sense of security.

by Anonymousreply 2009/11/2020

R20 are you nuts? I’m not going to let DL fall under a deluge of pro-Trump, anti-Biden propaganda from rightwing trolls. We’ve had enough misery in our lives over the past four years watching this neanderthal use the Constitution as a bib every day. Now we’re righteously marching toward victory, the wind at our backs, and you want us to curl up in the fetal position until November 3rd?

by Anonymousreply 2109/11/2020

By all means R21, please keep posting crap like this.

Let Democrats think that the election is over already, and we've won. So that they stay home, instead of voting.

IDIOT.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were a Russian troll, trying to keep people from voting.

by Anonymousreply 2209/11/2020

You believe this guy? Yes, me posting good news about Joe Biden and the Democrats on a gay message board might lead to Democratic voter apathy on such a large scale as to tilt the election toward Donald Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2309/11/2020

[quote] The votes of Democrats for Trump are included in those Democratic totals.

I don't think there will be too many Dem votes for Trump this time around.

by Anonymousreply 2409/11/2020

[quote] These numbers are only indicating voter party affiliation, not who they voted for. The votes of Democrats for Trump are included in those Democratic totals.

Donald Trump will never emotionally fulfill you. KNOW THAT!

by Anonymousreply 2509/11/2020

How can they release data on which party is leading in a given county or state through absentee or mail ballots prior to the election day? It could influence in person voters to vote differently than they would in a blind vote. Is this normal?

by Anonymousreply 2609/11/2020

The more of us who vote in person, the sooner the Trump defeat will be obvious. We have always used mail-in, but this time we have decided to go in person.

by Anonymousreply 2709/11/2020

Dems are voting and voting early.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2809/15/2020

Yup, I'm mailing mine same-day, with a first-class stamp even though postage is paid.

by Anonymousreply 2909/15/2020

A recently updated chart with all the states' rules re when mail-in votes are counted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3009/15/2020

Voting machines can easily be hacked. Why do you think Trump wants you to vote in person. Vote by mail is safer on many levels. Just to make it double safe return your ballot to the election clerk in your district IN PERSON

by Anonymousreply 3109/15/2020

[quote]It's those swing states that concern me most. Please try and vote in-person. I'll send you masks and gloves if you're worried!

Pennsylvania is already fucking up and unable to mail out requested ballots on time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3209/15/2020

R20, die in a grease fire you Russkie scum!

by Anonymousreply 3309/15/2020

You can vote by mail and sort of do it in person too. Every county clerk's office should have a ballot drop box if the state votes by mail. Just go to their website for your county and see where they are.

In Oregon, I vote by mail but always just drop it off at the clerk's office. They have a drive up drop box. It's really easy.

by Anonymousreply 3409/15/2020

Poor Russians will be working overtime

by Anonymousreply 3509/15/2020

Trump’s Perverse Campaign Strategy

If the president’s allies are talking about the moment “shooting will begin” and “martial law,” it’s not by accident.

By Jamelle Bouie

Opinion Columnist

Sept. 15, 2020

On Sunday, Michael Caputo, the assistant secretary for public affairs at the Department of Health and Human Services, warned of left-wing insurrectionists and “sedition” within the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention during a video he hosted live on his Facebook page. After predicting victory for President Trump in the upcoming election, Caputo warned that Joe Biden wouldn’t concede. “And when Donald Trump refuses to stand down at the inauguration, the shooting will begin,” he said. “The drills that you’ve seen are nothing.”

Ordinarily, in a presidential election year, the main story of American politics is the election — its twists and turns, its ups and downs. This year, that story is hard to convey. Part of the reason for this is that the race itself is unremarkable, despite everything else that’s happening around it. Biden is ahead, most voters have made up their minds and Trump has a narrow path to re-election, with few opportunities to recover lost ground.

The larger, more important factor is that Trump isn’t actually running for re-election — or at least, not running in the traditional manner. He has a campaign, yes, but it is not a campaign to win votes or persuade the public outside of a few, select slivers of the electorate. Instead, it’s a campaign to hold on to power by any means necessary, using every tool available to him as president of the United States. Caputo, in that sense, is only taking cues from his boss.

Of course, Trump would like to obtain a proper victory. But it’s clear he’s not counting on it. That is why the most visible aspect of Trump’s campaign for continued power is his attack on the election itself. If he doesn’t win, he says again and again, then the outcome isn’t legitimate. He said it last month, during a trip to Wisconsin:

**The only way we’re going to lose this election is if the election is rigged. Remember that. It’s the only way we’re going to lose this election, so we have to be very careful.**

He said it again on Saturday, to cheering supporters at a rally in Nevada. “I am going to start by saying that the Democrats are trying to rig this election because it’s the only way they are going to win.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3609/15/2020

Along with this warning comes Trump’s call for supporters to act as “poll watchers” to prevent imaginary fraud at voting locations. “Watch it,” he said last week during a rally in North Carolina. “Be poll watchers when you go there. Watch all the thieving and stealing and robbing they do.” He added that after they vote, his supporters should “make sure it counts” because the “only way” Democrats can win is by “doing very bad things.”

There’s also the president’s rhetoric toward his political opponents. Asked on Fox News about “riots” if he wins re-election, Trump said he would “put them down very quickly,” before adding:

**Look, it’s called insurrection. We just send in and we do it, very easy. I mean, it’s very easy. I’d rather not do that because there’s no reason for it, but if we had to we’d do that and put it down within minutes.**

Later in the interview, Trump commented on the Sept. 3 killing of Michael Forest Reinoehl by U.S. marshals. Reinoehl was suspected of shooting a member of the far-right group Patriot Prayer during a protest in Portland, Ore., on Aug. 29. Trump, who swore to uphold the Constitution when he was inaugurated, claimed to have essentially called for an extrajudicial killing:

**Now we sent in the U.S. marshals for the killer, the man that killed the young man in the street. Two and a half days went by, and I put out “when are you going to go get him.” And the U.S. marshals went in to get him. There was a shootout. This guy was a violent criminal, and the U.S. marshalls killed him. And I’ll tell you something — that’s the way it has to be. There has to be retribution.**

Instead of making a conventional appeal to voters to give him another term in office, Trump is issuing a threat, of sorts: I cannot lose. If I do lose, the election was stolen. Anyone protesting my effort to hold onto power is an insurrectionist. And sometimes, “there has to be retribution.”

You can dismiss Trump’s statements as mere ranting and raving, but remember: This is a president who makes policy with his ranting and raving. And his allies, both in and out of government, have gotten the message. Asked in an interview with Alex Jones, the far-right conspiracy theorist, what Trump should do against Democrats who “think they can steal” the election, Roger Stone — a close confidant of the president whose 40-month prison sentence for witness tampering and lying to Congress was commuted by Trump earlier this year — said that “the ballots in Nevada on election night should be seized by federal marshals and taken from the state” because “they are completely corrupted.” He also urged the president to declare “martial law” and invoke the Insurrection Act to arrest political opponents.

It is a little tempting to treat all of this as a distraction from the traditional campaign, from the polls and events and advertisements and general political spectacle. For Trump, however, this is the campaign, and it is laying the groundwork for chaos and violence should the outcome show the slightest ambiguity (and even if it doesn’t). In a half-functioning country, all of the president’s rhetoric on this score would be grounds for removal from office. But we don’t live in a half-functioning country — we live in the United States of America.

by Anonymousreply 3709/15/2020
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!