Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

San Francisco salon owner closes shop after Nancy Pelosi face mask controversy

The owner of the San Francisco salon is shutting down her business after the controversy surrounding House Speaker Nancy Pelosi not wearing a face mask inside.

The owner of eSalon, Erica Kious, told “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Wednesday that the salon was closing.

“I am actually done in San Francisco and closing my doors, unfortunately,” Kious said, blaming the criticism she received from the Pelosi incident. Kious said she has lived in San Francisco for 15 years and is “afraid to go back.”

“I started to just get a ton of phone calls, text messages, emails, all my Yelp reviews … saying that they hope I go under and that I fail,” she said. “So just a lot of negativity towards my business.”

Pelosi, a California Democrat, said last week the salon owes her an apology after video surveillance footage from inside the business showed her with wet hair and a mask around her neck on Aug. 31, The Los Angeles Times reported.

The video was originally released by Fox News last week, and Pelosi faced backlash for the visit, including from President Donald Trump.

“It was clearly a setup,” Pelosi said during a press conference. “I take responsibility for falling for a setup by a neighborhood salon I’ve gone to for many years.”

Hair salons have been closed in San Francisco since March and were allowed to reopen on Sept. 1 for outdoor services, according to Forbes.

Pelosi made mask-wearing mandatory in July for all lawmakers on the House floor.

Kious said last week on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” that Pelosi’s comments were “hurtful.”

“There was no way I could’ve set that up,” Kious said, according to Fox News. “I’ve had a camera system in there for five years. I mean, I didn’t go in there and turn cameras on as soon as she walked in and set her up. So that is absolutely false.”

Pelosi’s spokesperson, Drew Hammill, told Fox News that Pelosi was following coronavirus rules.

“The Speaker always wears a mask and complies with local COVID requirements. This business offered for the Speaker to come in on Monday and told her they were allowed by the city to have one customer at a time in the business. The Speaker complied with the rules as presented to her by this establishment,” he said.

In a statement, hairstylist Jonathan DeNardo defended Pelosi and criticized the salon owner.

“The fact that Ms. Kious is now objecting to Speaker Pelosi’s presence at eSalon, and from a simple surface-level review of Ms. Kious’ political leanings, it appears Ms. Kious is furthering a set-up of Speaker Pelosi for her own vain aspirations,” he wrote.

by Anonymousreply 60September 12, 2020 2:54 AM

Good riddance!

Nasty repig bitch!

by Anonymousreply 1September 11, 2020 3:55 AM

This is exactly what I was hoping for.

San Franciscans respect Pelosi, and would never put up with this treachery.

by Anonymousreply 2September 11, 2020 3:56 AM

This bitch was already failing. This is a way for her to leave with a GoFundMe.

Nasty, deplorable skank!

by Anonymousreply 3September 11, 2020 3:58 AM

Good.

Stupid bitch, what did she think was going to happen?

No privacy for a client? Running to faux news?

by Anonymousreply 4September 11, 2020 3:59 AM

Massive miscalculation on the salon skank's part.

What ever made her think she would get away with this?

In Pelosi's home district??? Stupid fucking Deplorable.

by Anonymousreply 5September 11, 2020 4:00 AM

She deserves to spend the rest of her life in Fresno.

by Anonymousreply 6September 11, 2020 4:00 AM

You have ZERO customers.

Rofl!

The good thing to come out of this was that salons were allowed to re-open.

But nobody probably came to hers! Bwahahahaha.

Poetic justice.

by Anonymousreply 7September 11, 2020 4:02 AM

And she thought she'd be a celebrated Rethug hero!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 11, 2020 4:11 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 11, 2020 4:17 AM

The salon owner is fully culpable and a hypocrite. Where I work customers (not a salon) are not allowed without wearing their mask. If she's doing the hair of customers without masks she shares the responsibility.

Dumb repuke skank, good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 10September 11, 2020 4:21 AM

She threw herself right into the fire and got what she had coming. Why did she think it would be different?

by Anonymousreply 11September 11, 2020 4:22 AM

She'll be lucky if Fantastic Sam's will hire her.

by Anonymousreply 12September 11, 2020 4:23 AM

I'd love to help her out as a loyal citizen, but as you know, I cut and color my own hair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 11, 2020 4:25 AM

What the hell did she think would happen? Trying this kind of stunt in SF, which is a predominately liberal Dem town. It was so obvious she set Pelosi up by how quickly she ran straight to Fox News with the tapes.

by Anonymousreply 14September 11, 2020 4:30 AM

I hope she dies, couldn’t happen to a nicer bitch. Love seeing her suffer.

by Anonymousreply 15September 11, 2020 4:34 AM

Did someone say GoFundMe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 11, 2020 4:37 AM

Interesting how her fund was set up to help her relocate....

In advance of her announcement that she was being forced to close and relocate.

I smell a rat.

by Anonymousreply 17September 11, 2020 4:39 AM

Throw the bitch in jail. No one defies a Democrat and gets away with it. No one!

by Anonymousreply 18September 11, 2020 4:49 AM

The deplorables will be happy to send her money. She's banking on it. Creep.

by Anonymousreply 19September 11, 2020 4:52 AM

Socialized hairstyling

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2020 4:53 AM

If this wasn't a set up, how did the video footage end up on Faux News? Fucking lying bitch.

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2020 4:54 AM

Breeder bitch needs to go to jail NOW. We know she's guilty. Don't let her get out of San Francisco alive.

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2020 4:55 AM

Projection is a powerful thing, r18. I speculate that the reason a lot of right-wingers aren't in the creative industries, is because they have some form of arrested development. They can't form genuine and authentic connections to the world, because they can't enagage with it on an emotional level.

Emotions contain vast amounts of information that, if you don't have the capacity to deal witg distressing emotions, it leaves you feeling scared and confused. I would say that is why they are so emotionally cold.

by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2020 4:55 AM

Not only did she commit treason against an elected official, she blamed a gay man for it. She must hang.

by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2020 4:55 AM

Heterosexuality, Christianity, and white skin also contribute to that, R23.

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2020 4:56 AM

Why would anyone go to a place that clearly doesn't respect their client's privacy?

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2020 4:58 AM

This was the planned outcome. This trashy bitch is a scrounger.

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2020 4:59 AM

That looks like a man. Is it trans?

by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2020 5:03 AM

Post her home address on line.

by Anonymousreply 29September 11, 2020 5:05 AM

If she had a dick I'd ask her out.

by Anonymousreply 30September 11, 2020 5:10 AM

Bakersfield Ca welcomes you with open arms.

Or is it Lodi Ca?

by Anonymousreply 31September 11, 2020 5:13 AM

^^^^ With great respect and love, r29, posting someone's home address online is heinous.

by Anonymousreply 32September 11, 2020 5:14 AM

You did it to me, so you can do it to her.

by Anonymousreply 33September 11, 2020 5:21 AM

And the cunt kept trying to say it wasn’t political, yet she keeps running to Faux News to give interviews.

by Anonymousreply 34September 11, 2020 5:23 AM

[quote] The deplorables will be happy to send her money. She's banking on it. Creep.

Good. Let those fuckers go BROKE!

by Anonymousreply 35September 11, 2020 5:47 AM

She is truly the cuntiest cunt who ever cunted.

by Anonymousreply 36September 11, 2020 5:47 AM

She's moving home to her parents house in Lubbock Texas.

by Anonymousreply 37September 11, 2020 5:47 AM

Wait, how the hell is Nancy not wearing a mask in her salon the salon owner's fault?

by Anonymousreply 38September 11, 2020 5:53 AM

[quote] lived in San Francisco for 15 years

Where is she from?

by Anonymousreply 39September 11, 2020 5:58 AM

R39, probably Barstow.

by Anonymousreply 40September 11, 2020 6:00 AM

I've decided she's from Lubbock but it could be New Jersey. She looks very Real Housewives of New Jersey to me.

by Anonymousreply 41September 11, 2020 6:01 AM

[quote]Wait, how the hell is Nancy not wearing a mask in her salon the salon owner's fault?

That's not the salon owner's fault (though I wouldn't be surprised if she encouraged Pelosi to take her mask off and/or took a pic of her with her mask around her neck for some legit reason not provided with the photo. The "set up" is that the salon owner told Pelosi it was fine to allow one customer at a time into the salon for services when that was not actually true (and was apparently something she'd been lying to customers about for weeks); then released the pic of Pelosi in the salon and complained that she shouldn't have come.

by Anonymousreply 42September 11, 2020 6:05 AM

She's from Fresno - went to 'beauty school' there and her ex-husband lives there.

How she got her ass to SF and became successful is beyond me.

Back to Fresno - California MAGA central.

by Anonymousreply 43September 11, 2020 6:09 AM

Oh for fuck's sake. The Speaker was the only customer in the shop. She removed her mask during the shampoo. As she was walking, with a soaking wet head of hair, from the shampoo chair to the stylist's station, the salon owner caught her with her mask around her neck. That's the total extent of it - or we'd have seen more video.

Hardly the "gotcha" the salon owner cunt was dreaming of but she figured it was enough to rip off people who watch Fox Noise or vote for Donald. Let's keep an eye on her go-fund-me grift and see how she's making out. Probably like taking candy from a baby, a very very stupid baby.

by Anonymousreply 44September 11, 2020 6:11 AM

Shouldn't San Fransisco and or California be fining her for working during lock down?

by Anonymousreply 45September 11, 2020 6:25 AM

[quote] Hardly the "gotcha" the salon owner cunt was dreaming of

The main"gotcha" she was going for was that Pelosi was in the salon at all when CA covid regulations are not yet allowing salons to open, even for one customer at a time. Not sure how the cunt thought this was going to work out given that she is the owner of the fucking salon, and the person who'd been encouraging her stylists for weeks to allow in one customer at a time and promoting the falsehood that that was okay under CA policy.

by Anonymousreply 46September 11, 2020 6:29 AM

In the first interview the salon owner gave to the local news, she complained about Pelosi making rules for others to follow that Pelosi didn't follow herself. But Pelosi didn't order that salons in S.F. close, that was the Gov. of Calif and the Mayor of S.F. The fed government -- whether Congress or the Pres -- hasn't been directing local businesses to follow rules in either direction, and Pelosi is a Congressional Rep, which is a fed office. So this bitch doesn't know shit about basic civics, in addition to her other faults.

by Anonymousreply 47September 11, 2020 6:30 AM

She's a Donaldhead. Someone who was ratting out the salon owner said she went around blaming Speaker Pelosi for the lockdown of anything/everything in America.

She's an obvious moron. Let's hope she isn't reproducing but her kind always does.

by Anonymousreply 48September 11, 2020 6:37 AM

The congressional woman makes her power shown by requiring those who use the tool of humiliation on her.

by Anonymousreply 49September 11, 2020 6:41 AM

She was exposed as a republican operative.

Remove her thumbs!

Let's see her wield her scissors now!

by Anonymousreply 50September 11, 2020 6:47 AM

I know she's a lying bitch and was trying to set Pelosi up, but I'm also still surprised Pelosi didn't check the local rules in her community and just trusted this woman before visting the salon. Also, she's on TV pretty regularly, doesn't she have a stylist/personal hairdresser? I doubt this was the first time she had her hair done in all these months since the lockdown. She always looks flawless and I bet she has a team of stylists. So did she go to this salon?

by Anonymousreply 51September 11, 2020 7:27 AM

Let’s hope the salon owner gets hit by a trolley soon!

by Anonymousreply 52September 11, 2020 7:46 AM

That kind of surprises me too, r51, but the person Pelosi actually booked the appointment with was a stylist she’d been going to for years, so I guess I can see how she trusted this stylist knew what she was talking about.

On the other hand, not sure I’d really trust a hair stylist to know anything about anything but hair.

by Anonymousreply 53September 11, 2020 8:28 AM

Nancy is not going to trust anyone from now on.

She is going to have to hire someone to come to her house. Which I'm sure she doesn't want to do, but now Nancy has no choice.

by Anonymousreply 54September 11, 2020 10:23 AM

Disgusting that people donated $300,000 to this tranny.

by Anonymousreply 55September 11, 2020 1:42 PM

WTF??? $300,000 ????

Fucking bitch!!!

by Anonymousreply 56September 11, 2020 3:14 PM

It's completely ridiculous that this woman is allowed to have a Go Fund Me at all. I'd bet money that she only did all this because she knew she'd hit gold this way.

by Anonymousreply 57September 11, 2020 6:51 PM

Email GoFundme, R57.

Hopefully, they'll shut her down and not give her the money.

This is not at all what the site was supposed to be about.

by Anonymousreply 58September 11, 2020 6:57 PM

Tell me about it, R58.

by Anonymousreply 59September 11, 2020 7:12 PM

You queens are all just jealous of my natural feminine beauty!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 12, 2020 2:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!