Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump at the Upcoming Debates...

Is he just going to flail under the weight now that so much has been revealed recently?

by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2020 8:00 AM

Why would he worry in the slightest. He will talk about Sleepy Joe and his loooooooser running mate.

by Anonymousreply 1September 10, 2020 8:57 PM

I’d pay to see that!

by Anonymousreply 2September 10, 2020 8:57 PM

Word is he's not doing mock debates or any practice. I guess he's sticking with telling Biden he should be in jail or leaning in with one word answers like 'correct' or 'wrong' like last time

by Anonymousreply 3September 10, 2020 8:57 PM

Trump will talk about Hillary's emails.

by Anonymousreply 4September 10, 2020 8:59 PM

There is nothing more dangerous than a malignant narcissist who is backed into a corner. I worry Trump might pull a Joker on him. Watch you back Biden.

by Anonymousreply 5September 10, 2020 9:02 PM

He’s practicing different ways to say “fake news.”

by Anonymousreply 6September 10, 2020 9:03 PM

I think Biden will wipe the floor with him. So will the moderators.

by Anonymousreply 7September 10, 2020 9:04 PM

Some of the moderators will, yes. Some will lob softballs unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 8September 10, 2020 9:10 PM

R4 is right - he will talk about Hillary and how awful she is. And it will work.

by Anonymousreply 9September 10, 2020 9:11 PM

R9 and that works how?

If I were Biden I would point out he isn't answering the question, and that he should answer the question or admit he can't or doesn't want to answer.

by Anonymousreply 10September 10, 2020 9:17 PM

Trump never says anything related to the truth, so I can't imagine any revelations will change his performance.

by Anonymousreply 11September 10, 2020 9:41 PM

It worked the last time. the man gets up and say "the sky is " and his followers wildly applaud. Trashing Hillary got him elected the last time.

by Anonymousreply 12September 10, 2020 9:42 PM

I think Trump will back out at the last minute because Chris Wallace is moderating the first debate. Chris recently called him on his shit and will do so again if the debate takes place. He's going to cite "bias" to legitimize not appearing. If he does appear, it will be an absolute disaster for him. Earlier today he was rambling batshit crazy conspiracy theories about Comey and Obama.

Of course, I may be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 13September 10, 2020 9:51 PM

He will just scream Fox News stupid talking points (he has no ability to either remember or or even come up with anything else). Simple, ignorantly worded little mantras "silent majority", "fake news", "Hunter Biden", "man, woman, snake, elephant, alligator", "perfect phone call", "law and order", "sleepy Joe", "nasty Kamala", etc. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat... He is painfully STUPID.

by Anonymousreply 14September 10, 2020 9:52 PM

He said he's going to wing it because all the prep in 2016 was not needed, in the end.

I hope Biden challenges him to a push-up contest, calls him an old, fat, treasonous liar, and asks him how it feels to be a loser.

by Anonymousreply 15September 10, 2020 9:57 PM

I just don't think I have the energy to watch.

by Anonymousreply 16September 10, 2020 10:13 PM

Then I hope he is humiliated and flayed alive.

by Anonymousreply 17September 10, 2020 10:58 PM

Prep or no prep, King Donald will fail miserably and then claim total victory. As he always does.

by Anonymousreply 18September 10, 2020 11:02 PM

Thinking about it I want Biden to yell at him, tell him how many children have died because of his lies in particular, then tell him there is a special place in Hell for Trump and hopes he burns there for a great while...

by Anonymousreply 19September 10, 2020 11:28 PM

If Biden interrupts Trump's rants, he'll be viewed as disrespectful. If he doesn't, he's viewed as a wimp. No win for Joe.

by Anonymousreply 20September 11, 2020 12:00 AM

All Biden has to do is wait for King Donald to stop blathering, then turn to the camera and calmly announce to the nation: “My fellow Americans, everything the president just said is a lie.”

by Anonymousreply 21September 11, 2020 12:22 AM

[quote] and his followers wildly applaud.

Except the Fat Fuck won't have his crowd of losers to applaud his every burp and give him the instant validation he so desperately needs/craves. His responses will fall flat and he'll be met by deafening silence.

by Anonymousreply 22September 11, 2020 12:27 AM

Considering the fact that he is not preparing, it's obviously going to be the Palin approach: answers which do not correspond to questions.

by Anonymousreply 23September 11, 2020 12:42 AM

Maybe Trump will ignore social distancing guidelines and try to rattle Joe by stalking him the way he did Clinton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 11, 2020 12:48 AM

Americans suck. History will say that they destroyed their own country.

by Anonymousreply 25September 11, 2020 12:48 AM

Hunter Biden. Tara Reade. That’s what I’m expecting.

by Anonymousreply 26September 11, 2020 1:00 AM

Can't wait until he tries to drink water with only one (small) hand. In any case, I look forward to him going off the rails. Hoping also for live fact checking during the debates.

by Anonymousreply 27September 11, 2020 1:06 AM

I wonder if there's a way to sneak in a weighted water glass or bottle?

by Anonymousreply 28September 11, 2020 1:08 AM

R26, frankly, that ain’t much. Tara Reade was shown to be a fraud, and Hunter Biden was a dud story.

by Anonymousreply 29September 11, 2020 1:08 AM

You may be right, r26, and Joe should be ready to discuss the shitty Trump kids, the many Trump rape allegations and all the dirt and slime, and of course the real question of what the fuck his sleazy daughter and son-in-law are actually doing in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 30September 11, 2020 1:08 AM

At every possible opportunity, Biden needs to repeat the following: "We heard the tapes. You lied, and people died."

Just that, over and over.

by Anonymousreply 31September 11, 2020 1:17 AM

It wouldn't surprise me if he came up with one of his patented insane reasons to not take part in the debates. I would LOVE to see Biden do a debate anyway and just have an empty podium with Trump's name on it.

by Anonymousreply 32September 11, 2020 1:19 AM

He will try to provoke Joe so that Joe will lose it. Just watch and see.

by Anonymousreply 33September 11, 2020 1:21 AM

If I were Biden, I'd bring up dropping a bowl of mashed potatoes on the Orange Turd's head in some way to rattle him, then drink a glass of water while staring daggers at him.

But regardless of what Biden does, the Orange Turd will "win" the debates by not answering one single question, according to the 40M+ people who think he's untouchable.

For the rest of us living in reality, it will be a different story. All Biden has to do is hammer home over 200,000 dead Americans and their blood on the Orange Turd's hands, how he didn't handle the pandemic and instead called it a hoax. Meanwhile, tens of millions of Americans are unemployed and the country is in the shitter, all because of Frump.

Naturally, all you'll hear from the other guy is "hoax", "fake news", "you're the puppet", and so on.

by Anonymousreply 34September 11, 2020 1:28 AM

I think we'll see more of the infantile jabs and interjections he made with Hillary. It's the level of thinking of a large part of his audience, those who see career politicians as elitist and enjoy seeing them taken down, 6th grade bully-style. Idiocracy-style.

by Anonymousreply 35September 11, 2020 1:34 AM

He’s not showing up. Get it into your heads. He’ll say he’s too busy being president. Their strategy was saying Biden is brain dead but Biden’s DNC speech squashed that. All of Trump’s “demands” have been laughed at and rejected. He won’t debate. I will believe he is when he is standing onstage shaking Biden’s hand.

by Anonymousreply 36September 11, 2020 1:36 AM

I hope joe keeps Trump on the defensive the entire time.

“NO PUPPET! NO PUPPET!!!”

by Anonymousreply 37September 11, 2020 1:36 AM

Not having a large audience or no audience at all takes a lot of the wind out of Trump's sails. He lives for his cheering/jeering Klan rallies.

by Anonymousreply 38September 11, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote] ...onstage shaking Biden’s hand.

That crossed my mind the other day. There should be no shaking hands this year, right? I wonder if Trump will insist and make it a talking point or something.

by Anonymousreply 39September 11, 2020 1:38 AM

[quote]But regardless of what Biden does, the Orange Turd will "win" the debates by not answering one single question, according to the 40M+ people who think he's untouchable.

He lost all 3 debates with Hillary!

by Anonymousreply 40September 11, 2020 1:41 AM

A 45 minute loop of his standard press conference mode "Excuse me, excuse me, I was speaking, please let me finish"

by Anonymousreply 41September 11, 2020 1:44 AM

[quote] That crossed my mind the other day. There should be no shaking hands this year, right? I wonder if Trump will insist and make it a talking point or something.

Joe should conspicuously put on a glove before shaking dump’s hand

by Anonymousreply 42September 11, 2020 1:46 AM

He'll be sniffling constantly, and white substances will keep falling out of his nostrils. He'll probably have a loud speaker behind him blasting helicopter noise to drown out the debate and make the whole thing inaudible.

by Anonymousreply 43September 11, 2020 1:46 AM

Who thinks Dump would try to put a hit on Joe if he could?

by Anonymousreply 44September 11, 2020 2:03 AM

If you see online threats of violence, take a screen shot and report it to the FBI.

by Anonymousreply 45September 11, 2020 2:12 AM

"That's a fake question!" - Trump

"You tell 'em!" - his idiot followers

by Anonymousreply 46September 11, 2020 2:39 AM

I said it before and I will say it again, for the love of god, not bring a knife to a gun fight. Please, please please someone with a ticket in the first row give it up for Stormy Daniels and all the other whores he claims to not know. Guarantee Cheeto will do something slzeezy like this against Biden like he did with Hillary, only it will be something nastier like some hater of his dead son. Dont think he wont go that low, he will.

by Anonymousreply 47September 11, 2020 2:45 AM

People have forgotten, Hillary won all 3 debates last time and yet we still got Trump. Deplorables don't care about good policy, philosophy or morals, all they care about is winning and sticking it to the Dems.

by Anonymousreply 48September 11, 2020 2:47 AM

I’m hoping Trump loses his temper on stage and starts turning into a blueberry like something out of Willy Wonka.

by Anonymousreply 49September 11, 2020 2:50 AM

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 11, 2020 3:10 AM

trump will do his schtick to the 100th degree, try to be a "cough, cough" entertaining..

biden will be serious and sincere and give actual details and information and facts, and trumpsters and some others will actually think trump "won" the debate, because in our celebrity worshipping, ignorant, need attention, attracted to bright lights mentality of so so many in the public that is how a debate is "won"...they think debates are suppose to be "entertaining".. that's how fucked up so many are...

by Anonymousreply 51September 11, 2020 3:19 AM

Joe has to make Trump lose his shit and go berserk on live television. Dumps followers will not be swayed, they never will, but they are not the majority.

Also as Hillary already said. With all the rigging and voter intimidation and ballot fraud, there is a possibility that Joe might lose. In that case Joe should NOT concede.

by Anonymousreply 52September 11, 2020 3:21 AM

Trump (and the Russians) have pushed so hard on the “Biden is out of it” claim that they’ve lowered the bar for his performance at the debates. Trump will be his usual incoherent self. We’ve heard it all before from him.

by Anonymousreply 53September 11, 2020 3:56 AM

I just wish for once the Dems would call him out, on stage, in front of cameras for his nepotism. Can we stop taking about Bidens son for a change and talk about Ivanka's patents she just received from China? She is on the fucking government payment plan for god's sake. She has no qualification as an advisor other than daddy is the President. If you ever wanted a REAL example of nepotism, that's it. Why are so many people afraid to do that in pubic to their face instead of just preaching to the choir?

Oh, and spare me the "not supposed to attack the children" routine. She's a grown adult. She's pushing 40! She made a choice to not just be in the public lime light, she chose to work for daddy in the White House without any known skill that any other president would benefit from. No one has forced her into it. She is fair game, and I wish the Dems would stop buying into the "my children are off limits" shtick.

by Anonymousreply 54September 11, 2020 3:56 AM

When - not if - King Donald collapses into a puddle of insensate orange goo during debate #1, he will pussy out of debates #2 and #3, bleating that they’re unfair, rigged, blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 55September 11, 2020 4:02 AM

Don’t forget about asking the moderator if they’re ready before answering every question.

by Anonymousreply 56September 11, 2020 4:07 AM

A lot of casual undecideds believe the false narrative that Biden is senile and out of it. They've never seen a full Biden speech, town hall, interview etc., so don't realize how coherent and forceful he can actually be, especially as of late. This is an opportunity to display that. They also are not aware of many of Trump's latest missteps re the military comments, the Woodward book quotes, etc. The debate will force Trump to address those issues, he cant control the narrative like he can do in a press conference. While most people have already made up their minds, Biden winning over a small percentage of undecideds here can make a big difference.

by Anonymousreply 57September 11, 2020 4:16 AM

He’s going to say he’s had the greatest response to a pandemic in history. Who’s gonna dispute that, Woodrow Wilson?

He’s gonna say he delivered the biggest tax cut in history. It was yuge! In his second term he will ensure the savings trickle down to John and Maryann McFatass in Sheboygan. They won’t ever trickle anywhere.

Under his presidency we went from 12% unemployment to 8%. Of course Biden will fail to mention that we were at 4% when Trump took office.

Trump will let us know that anybody who wants a job can get one. As long as they’re willing to make a living separating chicken parts in a factory where nobody is required to wear a mask and hundreds of erstwhile coworkers have already been infected with Covid.

by Anonymousreply 58September 11, 2020 4:21 AM

But it’s everyone else’s fault! I never do anything wrong! I’m super human! I’m the best president of any nation of all any time! And if you ask any critical question, it’s nasty! And if anything I did is reported as negative, then it’s fake news! They’re all gaslighting and projecting on me it’s unfair!

by Anonymousreply 59September 11, 2020 4:22 AM

R57 - that is a brilliant point. On occasion, I force myself to watch Fox "News" to see what spin they put on all of Dump's scandals - which are so numerous that I can't possibly check in often enough (not to mention devote THAT much time to the sham Murdoch propaganda network). I also have a family full of crazed cult members who watch nothing but Fox "News" and I am used to them screaming about ridiculous happenings (that are never actually occurring) and being utterly ignorant about what actual reporting goes on day to day. It is fascinating how much time Murdoch's "news" network takes to address current issues as they need days to decide how they can spin it. To their credit, this must be a laborious task during a Dump presidency. Once they do, sound bites are sliced and diced to avoid much of any negative for any Repug (until said GOP defects - see Romney, etc.). If they can't spin - they race through reporting - making it too confusing for the viewer and downplay its significance. To your point, the beauty of the debates is that if they air them completely - this iron-fisted control over the narrative is almost impossible. While this will likely not change the minds of most of the Fox watching cult members, Biden does have a chance to address reality and land some nukes on Trumpy and his cultists if done correctly.

by Anonymousreply 60September 11, 2020 5:01 AM

If he doesn’t show up they should have the debates anyway. Give the questions and ask Trump as if he were there, and then film the empty podium for the allotted time. Then let Biden speak and make sure he constantly mentions that Trump was too much of a coward to face him.

by Anonymousreply 61September 11, 2020 5:36 AM

I think Trump should get tasered every time he lies during the debates.

by Anonymousreply 62September 11, 2020 5:48 AM

As much as we would enjoy seeing him stunned every other second, I do hope at least some of the moderators fact check him live during the debate., and do so with a vengeance.

by Anonymousreply 63September 11, 2020 6:33 AM

R40 And that resulted in what exactly???

by Anonymousreply 64September 11, 2020 12:30 PM

I’m just praying to God that there are no audiences.

by Anonymousreply 65September 11, 2020 12:33 PM

He’s a nasty cunt

by Anonymousreply 66September 11, 2020 12:42 PM

If he repeats that lunatic meandering all over the stage as he did behind Hillary I hope Joe will turn around and tell him to plant his fat ass at his podium and stand still. He did that to Hillary in an attempt to get her flummoxed. It was a power play.

by Anonymousreply 67September 11, 2020 1:09 PM

Fortunately, social distancing would be on Biden's side. The organisers should have to stop the debate if one of them gets within 2 metres of the other, on safety grounds.

by Anonymousreply 68September 11, 2020 1:25 PM

[quote] If I were Biden I would point out he isn't answering the question, and he should answer the question or admit he can't or doesn't want to answer

That'll only work if the moderators allow it, as opposed to being in a rush to get to the next question (which I guarantee will happen if CNN hosts a debate).

by Anonymousreply 69September 11, 2020 6:05 PM

I'm still shocked/pissed off by the roaring applause Dump received after threatening to throw a political opponent in jail after he wins. Fucking deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 70September 11, 2020 6:07 PM

Deplorables are stupid. Very very stupid. When they see their orange god bitchslapped by Biden, and believe that Biden knows how to bitchslap, they'll figure it out. He didn't last 40 years in Washington by being a twat like Lindsay or Mitch, he made it to the West Wing and he's old and white. He'll sway a lot of people because they'll see how sweaty, fat and dumb diapers is, and a couple of them will shift. Just remember what he did to Paul Ryan. And Paul Ryan, while half a retard, isn't full retard like Fat Donnie.

And again, the arrests and leaked audio waterfall are just beginning.

by Anonymousreply 71September 11, 2020 9:34 PM

R79, you won’t be surprised to learn that Roger Stone has *literally* urged King Donald to launch a coup-d’état if too many people vote against him.

by Anonymousreply 72September 11, 2020 9:43 PM

Y'all forgetting that Dump lost ALL 3 debates with Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 73September 11, 2020 10:06 PM

nd asks him how it feels to be a loser.

And a FAT ASS! That's just the kind of schoolyard taunt that might drive Dump to tears!

But seriously, he'll never debate, he'll never get on that stage; he knows Chris Wallace for one won't put up with his nonsense & he could stand up there & fart Jingle Bells & the MAGA crowd would wildly applaud.

by Anonymousreply 74September 11, 2020 10:16 PM

Here we go. The excuse for a poor performance has been revealed:

Mr. Trump’s communications director, Tim Murtaugh, issued a statement on Wednesday claiming, without evidence, that “some” of the chosen moderators “can be identified as clear opponents of President Trump” and charging that Mr. Biden “will actually have a teammate onstage.”

Mr. Murtaugh did not say which of the moderators he was accusing of bias, and the Trump campaign did not clarify when asked for additional comment. He also wrote that the choices “are not the moderators we would have recommended if the campaign had been allowed to have any input.” In fact, the debate commission never allows campaigns to formally advise on the choices of moderators.

by Anonymousreply 75September 11, 2020 10:32 PM

I don’t think these debates matter. I just hope we get at least one “You’re a horrible person! That’s a nasty question!”

by Anonymousreply 76September 11, 2020 10:53 PM

When Trump debated Republcan primary opponents in 2016, he was a lousy debater---often silent for long time periods. Trump didn't even know what the "nuclear triad" meant. Rubio answered the question for him. It was Chris Christie that later slammed Rubio in the debates.

Trump used dirty tactics. His bud with the National Enquirer, David Pecker, did hit pieces on Ted Cruz, Rubio, and anyone else that was gaining on Trump.

While the media acted shocked about Trump's antics, they covered all his theatric rallies, and talked about each for hours. Trump called-in to Morning Joe regularly, talking about whatever he wanted to say. During those GOP primaries, Trummp received more coverage than all the other GOP candidates combined.

While HRC was being pounded endlessly in the media and by the Republicans about her Emails, Benghazi, and having bronchitis for a period,, Trump's sordid past was treated as entertainment, and he got a pass in the very limited scrutinizing of his history of financial shenanigans, let alone his adulterous behavior and other sexual allegations. His lies and denials were treated as just part of his living as a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 77September 12, 2020 12:16 AM

Remember four years ago? People will call it a win for him if he doesn't completely fail.

by Anonymousreply 78September 12, 2020 12:29 AM

R39, you no remember my public service announcement? No hugs, no shake hands.

by Anonymousreply 79September 12, 2020 12:48 AM

It doesn’t matter how Trump does. Anyone who is voting “for” Trump already has their mind made up. It matters how Biden does. If he comes across as senile in any way it may push people to vote “against” Biden.

by Anonymousreply 80September 12, 2020 2:18 AM

R80 - To use your reasoning, no one is going to change their vote no matter what happens at the debates anyway. No one is going to vote "against Biden" who isn't already a Trumptard. It's all about getting voters actually go to the polls (or bother to take the time to mail it in). I do agree with you on this point though - Republicans are always more dependable voters as a rule (Dems tend to be lazier on election day). I do know a handful of Republicans however who opted out of voting at all in 2016 (because even holding their nose they couldn't bring themselves to vote in that piece of trash); this time I am hoping they move to Biden/Harris and cast a vote. Everyone knows Trump all too well for a debate to change their vote one way or the other, but excitement for one and/or fear of the other actually drive voters to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 81September 12, 2020 6:19 AM

I want a ticket, please? I would be very thankful for the man or woman who would give a working girl a chance to throw her cheap John off his mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82September 12, 2020 7:17 AM

I predict he will go full Qanon by the second debate

by Anonymousreply 83September 12, 2020 11:39 AM

Biden has been in dozens of debates throughout his political career in Delaware and nationally. He has ran for President three times. He does best when he is asserting himself and on the attack. Biden can deliver better than he takes when fired up. Trump's antics and gross verbage will bounce off Biden.

Recall Kamala's busing attacks on Biden and "I was that little girl" comments? Kamala got media praise for it, but her gains from it were short-lived. Biden actually started improving in polls, particularly with older black voters and his later primary debates had improved performances.

When Kamala Harris debates Mike Pence, she needs to put her prosecutor's hat on. Tim Kaine was way too cordial and deferential with Pence who delivered his talking points with little challenge from Kaine or the moderators. Pence's anti-gay history and stances were never brought up; nor his growing unpopularity as Governor of Indiana.

Kamala can't play the "nice girl" with Pence. Find Pence's jugular and hit him with questions of fact.

by Anonymousreply 84September 12, 2020 2:02 PM

R72, Not surprised in the least. It's hard to stage a coup d'état when you've pissed off the Losers and Suckers, though.

Nasty moment when you give the army a treasonous command and they point their rifles at you instead of away.

Wouldn't it be great to see Trump dragged away by armed guards like Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men, though? Keep up the good work, Roger.

by Anonymousreply 85September 12, 2020 3:54 PM

President Plump will back out of the debates at the last minute. Biden will mop the floor with him, like he did with Paul Ryan and Sarah Palin in 2012 and 2008. Trump is a coward and knows that, so he'll make some excuse.

by Anonymousreply 86September 12, 2020 4:01 PM

Biden will open border to Mexicans and allow China to take over world. Trump is a mean adult kind of person but that's what a leader should be.

by Anonymousreply 87September 12, 2020 4:06 PM

^Boris weighs in

by Anonymousreply 88September 12, 2020 4:09 PM

Hah r87, what a piss poor attempt at trolling.

by Anonymousreply 89September 12, 2020 4:11 PM

The trade deficit with China is greater now than when Obama left office. The lame trade war hurt U.S. farmers, not China.

Illegal crossings of the border are still happening with Trump.

Biden never said he would have open borders with Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 90September 12, 2020 4:20 PM

Even before COVID, dump had increased the deficit to record amounts.

Everything he’s says he is or does is a lie

It’s not our fault you’re too stupid to see that, r87

by Anonymousreply 91September 12, 2020 5:21 PM

Other words of wisdom from r87:

[quote]Trump hates Putin but avoids creating unnecessary friction. Putin is a weak and insecure person. Trump dominates him personally and militarily. That said, the electorate are stupid enough to believe that Putin could sway the election.

[quote]A lot of dishonesty in this thread. China is working Hard to make Trump lose the election. We should all vote Trump for that reason alone. There are more important issues than gay rights.

[quote]Police brutality is a lie. It's in the same category as the Putin lie. The main focus should be fiscal restraint, containing China, and stopping nuclear proliferation ie north Korea. Democrats are just too extreme. They literally want open borders with Mexico. It's not easy being gay but supporting blacks is crazy because blacks want all gays dead. We are in a life and death battle with china; we can't have 13 percent of the population waging a racist war against us.

[quote]If Trump does not win: 1. China will continue to take over world. 2. Economy will collapse as Democrats spend too much. 3. We will look more and more like Mexico as Mexicans flood across border 4. BLM will continue to riot and destroy democratic cities 5. Whites will be murdered in the street by blacks 6.

[quote]Blacks are not educated and are criminals. Should not be allowed to vote. Blacks hate gays. Kill gays on sight. Republicans offer hope through conversion therapy etc

[quote]Why would a sane white person be comfortable with Mexicans flooding in? I just don't get that. I guess you think u are so superior to other races that they offer no threat. Race has been everything for thousands of years and across all countries including modern times. Our ancestors had to torture blacks to keep them from killing us. Those so called lynching were not simple hangings. Every possible form of torture was used to terrorize the black population into obeying the law.

[quote]R247 everyone used to be white in Europe. No other races. The neanderthals were murdered off. People kill the tribe a few miles away. DNA is everything. Kill foreign DNA.

[quote]We don't deserve democracy. We have allowed millions of Mexicans to flood in. We have allowed blacks to riot decade after decade. We have allowed China to build up a rival military. We have shipped our jobs overseas. I don't know how long Trump will live but I'm sure he will serve at least four terms.

[quote]Liberalism has gone too far. We need to close border and take whatever action is necessary to maintain a white majority. We must not become South Africa where gays are burned alive.

[quote]Why did blm choose to riot during covid? That's not sane. Trump kept the economy alive during the pandemic and did not overreact to blm terrorism. Trump is the epitome of stability.

[quote]R145 blacks are doing worse in their own countries. It's supposed to be a white country.

[quote]R149 it's always been a white country. That was an absolute given. The question was , are the Irish white. All the nonwhite immigration is just plain surreal

[quote]China wants Biden to win. Trump for jobs, Biden for mobs.

[quote]Immigrants are not necessary. We could let in east German females if they marry older white males and have ten kids.

And too many more to list. Now normally, I'd just say inept troll but as far as I can tell, this one genuinely believes this shit. It doesn't really matter, of course; stupid shit is still stupid shit, regardless of who posts it or why they post it.

by Anonymousreply 92September 12, 2020 5:28 PM

Joe Biden will sanction China over their human rights violations in Hong Kong.

Nice try R87!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 12, 2020 7:55 PM

Here’s what it boils down to:

Biden’s campaign is about America.

Trump’s campaign is about Trump.

by Anonymousreply 94September 12, 2020 7:59 PM

[R79], you won’t be surprised to learn that Roger Stone has *literally* urged King Donald to launch a coup-d’état if too many people vote against him.

Didn't we already learn that the Secret Service will escort him out? Since he's been exposing them to his maskless, wankfest, right wing rallies for the past 4 years, they'll probably happily throw him on the pavement. I have no doubt Barr is looking to pull all kinds of shit prior to the election, but when push comes to shove and Dump loses, Barr will happily push Dump in front of the bus

by Anonymousreply 95September 12, 2020 9:11 PM

When Biden wins, they should have all the performers that sent ceast and desist orders to Trump perform at the inauguration!

by Anonymousreply 96September 12, 2020 9:17 PM

Either Barr or Prince will get arrested. Possibly Ghouli. They’re saving a lot of shit for the Ictober surprise. Now that the guy that ran the Q website came out and it’s being revealed as rehashed Satanic Panic and Protools of the Wlders of Sionne (deliberately spelled wrong, don’t @ me), it’s going to wake a handful of people up.

by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2020 3:32 AM

Trump, under pressure, skipped-out on one of the 2016 Republican primary debates. Instead, he did some staged fundraiser for a veteran's group who apparently never got the money.

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2020 3:53 AM

He knows what the audiences want: shade, yelling, putdowns, lies. He'll talk about Tara Reade, Burisma/Hunter, senility, groping girls, the Iraq "war"...

He has no shame, no honor.

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2020 5:46 AM

He’ll find some reason to bow out. I think he’s already starting to malfunction because he realizes what worked four years ago has lost its magic. He’s like a vaudeville magician that does the same lame magic tricks every show and the crowd is starting to see him like for the dumb hack that he is (and always was).

This excludes those of us who always knew what he was—and those who love him because he validates their own racist/nationalistic bullshit. But he’s losing all the Hilary haters, the military, and sane, conservative- leaning America.

by Anonymousreply 100September 13, 2020 5:59 AM

Trump is now claiming that Biden is using performance-enhancing drugs, perhaps an attempt to preemptively explain why Biden will do well during the debates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101September 13, 2020 6:07 AM

Barr and the Republicans will sabotage the voting if it looks like dump is going to lose. Barr has so much power as the head of the department of justice, all he needs is a few Republican governors to go along with him. Don't be surprised of swing states have millions of votes thrown out by Barr throwing the election.

Yes, I know, they could fight it in court but guess what, it would go to the Supreme court most likely and its been stacked with Republicans thanks to Dump.

by Anonymousreply 102September 13, 2020 7:21 AM

R102 - Many of us have thought of the same thing for almost a year now and yes - this is no doubt the plan. It could be a fast ticket to civil war if they push it however. This is not 2000, Dump is not W and we are not coming off of 8 years of an amazing Clinton economy. I don't think that people will quietly allow this to happen this time around - but who knows. I certainly hope that Dem leaders and what is left of the fair media are ready for something like this. It certainly can't be a surprise if it does come to fruition and some very hard choices need to be made.

by Anonymousreply 103September 13, 2020 8:24 AM

Barr and the Republicans will sabotage the voting if it looks like dump is going to lose. Barr has so much power as the head of the department of justice, all he needs is a few Republican governors to go along with him.

I don't doubt that DeSantis & Kemp are *already* doing that, but early voting in Ohio, for example, starts October 6th - a little over 3 weeks away. So while I don't doubt that Barr will try to pull something out of his considerable ass in advance of the election, I would think that time isn't really on his side at this point

by Anonymousreply 104September 13, 2020 9:51 AM

Dont be too sure about that R104. Remember the Hillary investigation shit they came out with a week before the election? You don't think Trump is feeling even more emboldened now? Plus now we know for sure Russia is on his side and he has fired so many of the ethical people in power who would have stopped him.

by Anonymousreply 105September 13, 2020 12:02 PM

Point taken R105, however, in the Case of Hilary & Her Emails:

- A lot of people didn't like Hilary anyway & the re-investigation just confirmed they already thought about her - Comey (at that time) was a considered (somewhat) impartial; absolutely no one thinks Barr is impartial. - Dump was an unknown entity at that point, so a vote for him was very much a "fuck you" vote; everyone knows his shtick at this point

I don't doubt Barr will do *something* - maybe try to arrest Hunter Biden - but I do think think the bombshell revelation will be harder, not only due to the fact this country has had one disaster after another. I would have to think everyone is weary of it all at this point.

by Anonymousreply 106September 13, 2020 12:25 PM

CAN ANYONE explain to me what was SO SO SO wrong, illegal, corrupt, whatever Hunter Biden did besides taking jobs because of nepotism and making money?... nutjob corrupt himself ghouliani was on CNN last night with apologist butt kisser cuomo stating how he has documents stating that both joe and hunter made millions wrongfully in deals with ukraine and china?

by Anonymousreply 107September 13, 2020 12:42 PM

Is it necessary in a presidential election for the loser to concede to declare the winner?

by Anonymousreply 108September 13, 2020 1:04 PM

This is not rocket science

Many people who traditionally vote for Democrats hated Hillary. They thought it was fun to see her put in her place by Trump, no matter how crass he was. And he came off like the goofy bully mocking the girl who never forgets to tell the teacher that she forgot to put the homework on the board. The fact that Hillary was clearly rattled didn't help.

Hardly anyone hates Joe Biden or even mildly dislikes him.

So none of Trump's tricks will work.

He'll come off like the mean drunk cousin trying to pick a fight with lovable Uncle Joe

Then add in the fact that we all know what Trump is like as a politician and president, how much he did NOT "grow into the job" or "become presidential" and there's not much to worry about.

My only fear is that Trump will get into arguments with the moderators instead of Biden and it won't give Joe much speaking time. I could easily see Trump attacking Chris Wallace as if he was the candidate and not Biden.

by Anonymousreply 109September 13, 2020 1:17 PM

I just want to see if Trump can take a drink of water without using both hands to steady himself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 13, 2020 1:36 PM

Don’t forget that Trump will have to blame Obama for a few things.

by Anonymousreply 111September 13, 2020 1:39 PM

Something that gives me hope is hearing Joe call for real-time fact checking. That indicates to me that they are aware of and preparing for the firehose of lies and, I hope, planning to have Joe stick to rational offense rather than trying to defend against the untruths. As much as I hate having the lies hanging out there, I don't think it's the best strategy for Joe to try to do two things at once.

But I am also skeptical that the first debate will even happen at all. Friday an unarmed Black man was pulled out of a Lyft, beaten and arrested for not having ID in GA. Last night NYPD aggressively interrupted a vigil for a cyclist who was hit by a bus. This morning he called for a show trial and immediate death penalty for whomever shot two cops in Los Angeles. The first debate is scheduled for one day after a major High Holiday. They would much rather have conflict and civil unrest than a calm, rational adult conversation.

We always focus on how evil and aggressive that orange thing is, but we forget that he has a reptilian brain and the bare-knuckles are actually a last resort. His main tactics are to slither away, obfuscate or distract.

by Anonymousreply 112September 13, 2020 2:08 PM

Yes, In front of his Vice President. Even if trump were right, Biden should know how to spin it.

by Anonymousreply 113September 13, 2020 2:10 PM

Again, I worry that Trump will make this all about Chris Wallace the first time Wallace fact-checks him.

Trump knows that his base hates "the media" more than they hate Biden. And he can "own the libs" that way, even if "the lib" actually works for Fox

by Anonymousreply 114September 13, 2020 2:53 PM

Again, I worry that Trump will make this all about Chris Wallace the first time Wallace fact-checks him.

Well, I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption that Dump will whine the entire time & complain about how badly he's treated by Wallace; most of the world will view this behavior as him acting like a pussy, but his base - with all their perceived victim mentality - will buy into this shit & blame his demise on Wallace & whoever else rather simply acknowledging the obvious - that Dump is a loser (because that makes them losers too).

by Anonymousreply 115September 13, 2020 3:07 PM

So who are Trump's debate prep coaches? Peter Navarro? Steve Miller? Have Kellyanne as a paid consultant? Chris Christie too? Gym, Matt, and Gohmert?

Miz Lindz will be the Biden stand-in for debate rehearsals?

by Anonymousreply 116September 13, 2020 3:09 PM

Actually R116, Miz Lindz will be the Jill Biden stand-in and the left half of Chris Christie will be the Joe Biden stand-in

by Anonymousreply 117September 13, 2020 3:12 PM

[quote]CAN ANYONE explain to me what was SO SO SO wrong, illegal, corrupt, whatever Hunter Biden did besides taking jobs because of nepotism and making money?

Aside from that, you're quite correct Hunter didn't do anything wrong. The supposed "crime" is that Joe Biden protected Hunter and Burisma Holdings by insisting that the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, Viktor Shokin, be removed, which resulted in investigations being shut down, protecting Hunter from prosecution. There are a few problems with that theory.

1. Shokin was removed specifically because he *wasn't* investigating crime, that he was ignoring rampant corruption.

2. There never was any investigation into Hunter Biden, so there was nothing to "shut down" and no need to "protect" Hunter, about whom there were no allegations of wrongdoing.

3. Even worse, it's alleged that Shokin, who inherited the investigation into allegations of money laundering and tax evasion against Burisma from 2010 to 2012, was trying to solicit bribes from the owner of the company, oligarch Mykola Zlochevsky, in exchange for shutting down the investigation.

4. Hunter Biden joined Burisma in 2014, 2 years after the alleged offenses occurred, and it was announced at the time that he was being brought in to help clean things up. Yeah, this was mostly a PR move and it's doubtful that Hunter actually did anything, but there are no allegations of wrongdoing against Hunter Biden himself, other than trading on his father's name, which is not illegal.

5. Joe Biden was acting as a representative of the Obama administration, not on his own behalf. And he was supported in this effort by the European Union and the International Monetary Fund. *Everyone* wanted Shokin gone.

by Anonymousreply 118September 13, 2020 4:51 PM

Biden needs to hire the writers who wrote the Trump roast. If so, he wins the debate and becomes a national hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119September 13, 2020 4:55 PM

R118... great post, but yes, i know all of this already.. i'm just wondering What the Hell ole old rudy was talking about with both joe and hunter doing wrong illegal dealings making millions with not only ukraine but china too and that he and "cough cough" investigation has actual documents on all of this?!...

by Anonymousreply 120September 13, 2020 4:59 PM

Well, R120, that's right up there with Trump's claims to have documentation that Obama wasn't born in the U.S. Giuliani has been claiming for over a year that he's sitting on a blockbuster expose with documents that will destroy Joe Biden. Yet, somehow, those documents never appear.

Rudy does have an affidavit from Shokin in 2019, if I recall correctly, but nobody really believes it, particularly since Shokin's assistants at the time have pointed out that Shokin is lying.

As for the China stuff, there is a new "documentary" out that claims that both Bidens profited from China deals at the expense of U.S. security but even the conservative New York Post doesn't take it very seriously and points out some glaring holes in the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 13, 2020 5:24 PM

Worse for Giuliani is the news that he got played by a Russian agent, Andrii Derkach.

Back on topic: keep in mind Trump's overweening confidence in his own abilities. Remember that he was eager to be deposed by the Mueller investigation because he thought he was smarter than they were. He had to be held back by his own team there. He has also claimed that he's not even bothering to practice for the upcoming debates with Biden. Is it true? Who knows? Both are equally plausible: that he isn't preparing and that he is but is lying about it.

Trump at the upcoming debates is likely to be just another campaign appearance that only his supporters will love. It will be just one lie after another, painting a dystopian future under Biden. Unless there is real-time fact-checking, Biden is going to have to adjust his debate style to handle what is commonly known as a "Gish Gallop." From Wikipedia:

[quote]The Gish gallop is a technique used during debating that focuses on overwhelming an opponent with as many arguments as possible, without regard for accuracy or strength of the arguments. The term was coined by Eugenie Scott and named after the creationist Duane Gish, who used the technique frequently against proponents of evolution.

[quote]During a Gish gallop, a debater confronts an opponent with a rapid series of many specious arguments, half-truths, and misrepresentations in a short space of time, which makes it impossible for the opponent to refute all of them within the format of a formal debate. In practice, each point raised by the "Gish galloper" takes considerably more time to refute or fact-check than it did to state in the first place. The technique wastes an opponent's time and may cast doubt on the opponent's debating ability for an audience unfamiliar with the technique, especially if no independent fact-checking is involved or if the audience has limited knowledge of the topics.

Mitt Romney used this technique in his first debate against Obama, a debate that he is generally believed to have won. Obama was prepared in rounds 2 and 3 and was better able to handle the flood of bullshit.

I'm pretty sure that Biden and his team know this about Trump and have devised a strategy to deal with it. He did something similar against Paul Ryan in their vice-presidential debate and he handled Ryan's bullshit very well. We'll have to see how well he adjusts to Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122September 13, 2020 5:36 PM

One advantage that Trump will continue to have, that he also had in 2016, is that he's going to be graded on a curve, as the national media expect him to provide a flood of deranged bullshit. If he has one or two moments where he reins in the bullshit and is semi-coherent, the media will declare him all "Presidential" and that could well be the story of the debate.

Four years in and the media *still* don't know how to handle Trump.

by Anonymousreply 123September 13, 2020 5:38 PM

R123, that’s highly unlikely at this point. Too many people have died. It’s too late for him to be “Presidential.”

by Anonymousreply 124September 13, 2020 5:41 PM

Okay, I exaggerated a little but I do think my point still stands, that the media just don't expect him to do well and that will affect how they view him and how they report on him. I keep waiting for them to wake the fuck up and report reality but I keep getting disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 125September 13, 2020 5:48 PM

Biden’s response every time Trump speaks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 13, 2020 8:54 PM

R126.. i want biden to go all marisa tomei on lump,i mean trump, no, i mean lump!....

if old senile p.o.s. corrupt rudy keeps talking shit about biden, would love to have biden sue his ass for defamation and slander, then again, this would bring the whole story even when it's untrue more publicity...

by Anonymousreply 127September 13, 2020 9:19 PM

My favorite line from the roast came from Gilbert Gottfried: " Donald always says," Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy the best Eastern European whores New York City has to offer." Of course, Melania was sitting in the front.

by Anonymousreply 128September 13, 2020 9:56 PM

[quote]My only fear is that Trump will get into arguments with the moderators instead of Biden and it won't give Joe much speaking time.

That's when Joe needs to be prepared with a good line like "If you want more of that America, vote for my opponent" Or something snarky funny but ah ha true.

"I know John Kennedy, you're no John Kennedy."

by Anonymousreply 129September 16, 2020 8:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!