Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump removed $750,000 art from our ambassador's France residence to the WH during his now infamous 2018 visit

the same one where he decided not to visit Belleau Wood cemetery, he had extra time. Walking around the US ambassador's residence, he saw a bunch of art pieces he liked including a portrait, figurines and a bust. He decided to have them loaded on Air Force One and are now on display at the WH

he "joked" they will return at the end of his second term.

Apparently since they're governmental property it was technically legal of him to do so, no matter how tacky

This is a huge red flag. They need to check every suitcase, even frisk him and all his associates when his time at the WH is over. You know they'll probably try to steal something

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2020 7:59 PM

If Trump gets another 4 years, the Constitution will be up for auction at Christie’s.

by Anonymousreply 1September 7, 2020 3:45 AM

Always grifting

by Anonymousreply 2September 7, 2020 3:47 AM

Oh look, something shiney!

by Anonymousreply 3September 7, 2020 3:57 AM

OP, don’t you remember Hill and Bill took the China and lots of furniture. They were basically broke when he was done being president. (So they claim)

by Anonymousreply 4September 7, 2020 3:59 AM

R4. This is not "Whataboutism." Always looking to excuse Trump's corruption by talking about Clinton or Obama.

Trump is corrupt.

by Anonymousreply 5September 7, 2020 4:07 AM

Jackie stole Thomas Jefferson's chairs and some other things from the White House that came up for sale in the Sothebys auction after her death. Given what she'd been through, I would too.

by Anonymousreply 6September 7, 2020 4:10 AM

OMG! How are any of these people taking shit from France to the US or stealing it without paying for it, OK?

IDGAF who did it or why. It’s wrong!!!

by Anonymousreply 7September 7, 2020 4:12 AM

Since people get the vapors when we dare to compare Trump to Hitler, does this mean we can at least start comparing the fat fuck to Hermann Goering?

by Anonymousreply 8September 7, 2020 4:19 AM

I like gold!

by Anonymousreply 9September 7, 2020 4:29 AM

R4 That's actually a myth. The Clintons themselves didn't take things that belonged to the white house, the packing crew mistakenly packed things that belongs to the white house and it was noticed and the Clintons were notified of this mistake and the objects belonging to the white house were returned without incident.

That's a right wing lie that Republicans love to tell.

by Anonymousreply 10September 7, 2020 4:29 AM

R9, and I like blue.

:-)

by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2020 4:30 AM

Aren't things belonging to the white house marked so people know that it's property owned by the white house residence? I believe I've read that somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2020 4:32 AM

And wasn’t the stuff replicas of the actual stuff?

What a pathetic sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 13September 7, 2020 5:38 AM

I'm surprised it wasn't more. $750,000 isn't much, in terms of the kind of art that would be in the American Embassy in Paris. That is probably the embassy with the most valuable art. It's by far the most beautiful U.S. embassy in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14September 7, 2020 5:53 AM

I had to look it up: apparently he took a bust of Benjamin Franklin, a portrait of Franklin, and some figurines:

The next day, Trump had a bust of Benjamin Franklin, a portrait of Franklin and a set of figurines of Greek mythical characters loaded on to Air Force One for the trip back to the White House, with the precious cargo estimated to be worth about $750,000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15September 7, 2020 6:08 AM

This is quite funny. He really is very possibly the only human being who ever lived who had no shame, dignity or self-respect. He must have been raise by wolves.

by Anonymousreply 16September 7, 2020 6:20 AM

I read they were fakes.

by Anonymousreply 17September 7, 2020 6:32 AM

People like Trump are sent to test us. It's really a spiritual battle. He really is just pure evil.

I have met and been involved with someone like him. The behaviours are just the same, in a different context of course.

It really left me deeply distressed, and all these years later my mind is still just piercing the veil of all his lies. I can understand Trump voters from the point of view, for the inability to see through the lies.

by Anonymousreply 18September 7, 2020 6:50 AM

If Biden made his platform one of a traditional Labour candidate, as in, closing the borders, stopping outsourcing, and stopping China from destroying the environment and U.S. manufacturing (i.e.: actually fighting the CCP), then Trump would become - in an instant - nothing more than two pointy shoes sticking out from underneath a house, which then evaporate rapidly.

by Anonymousreply 19September 7, 2020 7:08 AM

R10 if Republicans could not tell lies they would be mute.

by Anonymousreply 20September 7, 2020 7:21 AM

How much did the Clinton's take when they left the White House and how much were they forced to return?

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2020 7:49 AM

R21 This was already discussed you rethug troll.

by Anonymousreply 22September 7, 2020 8:50 AM

Trump is a total grifter and thief everywhere he goes. They better check Melania's cunt well because a lot of stuff can fit up there. Pretty sure R21 lives in it.

by Anonymousreply 23September 7, 2020 9:00 AM

[quote] He must have been raise by wolves.

Wolves take offense. He’s just evil.

by Anonymousreply 24September 7, 2020 9:32 AM

I doubt he returns them. In fact, when he leaves the WH they need to have everything catalogued because he will probably try to strip the whole thing clean.

by Anonymousreply 25September 7, 2020 7:25 PM

He won't return anything he as President transfers to himself.

by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2020 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!