Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Charles Darwin is Being Cancelled

Evolution is Supports Structural Racism. I suspected as much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 27, 2021 10:51 PM

Yes!!!

by Anonymousreply 1September 6, 2020 11:08 PM

By the unadapted part of the species, no less.

by Anonymousreply 2September 6, 2020 11:13 PM

So they agree with the right wingers that science is wrong and it’s... GOD?

I don’t understand.

by Anonymousreply 3September 6, 2020 11:35 PM

[quote]Evolution is Supports Structural Racism. I suspected as much.

The article says nothing of the sort, OP. This is yet another one of those threads, spreading disinformation, trying to spark outrage.

Even misrepresenting it as you have, the article itself is from a right-wing source, The Telegraph, and less than reliable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 6, 2020 11:45 PM

Reading is quite challenging, isn't it OP? (as is grammar, apparently)

Did you even read the article?

by Anonymousreply 5September 6, 2020 11:46 PM

R4, you must be amazing fun at parties.

by Anonymousreply 6September 6, 2020 11:46 PM

You make it sound like you think success at parties is predicated on lies, R6. You can't be much fun.

by Anonymousreply 7September 6, 2020 11:50 PM

Evolution is a European construct that intentionally displaced indigenous peoples’s explanations for the origin of species. It needs to go, asap.

by Anonymousreply 8September 6, 2020 11:55 PM

I read the article, and I have no idea what the fuck they're talking about. Sorry, I can't advocate this. Are they doing to try and strong arm everyone and everything, until there's nothing left?

by Anonymousreply 9September 6, 2020 11:55 PM

[quote] The painted ceiling contains visual depictions of plants “like cotton, tea and tobacco” which were “the plants that fuelled the British Empire's economy”

There peddling this crap at museums now. Loony tunes.

by Anonymousreply 10September 6, 2020 11:56 PM

Obviously, I meant "going" not "doing" ^

by Anonymousreply 11September 7, 2020 12:00 AM

So now BLM is coming after museums?

Why 'decolonise' them, BLM? They were built by white men - clearly the more equitable thing is to just burn them to the ground completely and be done with it, right?

by Anonymousreply 12September 7, 2020 12:04 AM

Even if Darwin was racist, he was still right. They just proved it.

by Anonymousreply 13September 7, 2020 12:06 AM

People who agree with Darwin are racist.

by Anonymousreply 14September 7, 2020 12:07 AM

R9, it's another attempt at co-opting progressive sensitivities into potentially harmful/destructive paths. Like the protestors who gather for a peaceful demonstration until some of them heed the troll voices on Twitter urging them to burn it all down.

It's not originating with progressive sources, but with impersonators from the far-right, frequently from overseas. Violent or destructive rhetoric is key to identifying it.

See the Seattle Times article, business/technology, titled "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞’𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩." (It won't link here.)

by Anonymousreply 15September 7, 2020 12:08 AM

Fucking OP is a lowlife scum from Crimea. Cancel her!!!

by Anonymousreply 16September 7, 2020 12:11 AM

But what about the Awards?

by Anonymousreply 17September 7, 2020 12:12 AM

And be replaced with what R8?

by Anonymousreply 18September 7, 2020 8:46 AM

The man's been dead for nearly 200 years. I don't think he cares.

by Anonymousreply 19September 7, 2020 8:53 AM

Science by white raycist old guy should must be to cancel because he is not nice to teach people. My vairst lady will lead we to the right way our heart must go on and on. We don't need sciense, we only need luv alright.

by Anonymousreply 20September 7, 2020 9:00 AM

Just another day of America on its marathon race to primitivism and ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 21September 7, 2020 9:22 AM

South Africa's elite explains how science is racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 7, 2020 9:48 AM

This is why he won.

by Anonymousreply 23September 7, 2020 11:00 AM

Whatevs.

Unless Darwin himself owned slaves and supported slavery I don't give a fuck. As for "Darwinism", it's an imaginative theory of creation that is basically capitalist biology. The truth is that no one knows how life developed on Earth as it did. Human weren't there to see it.

by Anonymousreply 24September 7, 2020 11:24 AM

I hope R24 is joking, but somehow I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 25September 7, 2020 11:41 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 7, 2020 11:43 AM

Express:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 7, 2020 11:43 AM

[quote]The truth is that no one knows how life developed on Earth as it did.

Other than the Creator.

by Anonymousreply 28September 7, 2020 11:45 AM

The BRITS are ever so WOKE.

by Anonymousreply 29September 7, 2020 11:47 AM

Please explain exactly what "Capitalist biology" is, R24.

by Anonymousreply 30September 7, 2020 11:47 AM

Far left and religious right. Now two sides of the same coin.

by Anonymousreply 31September 7, 2020 12:03 PM

R31, at least when you disagree with them, the religious right doesn't hit you over the head with a bicycle chain.

by Anonymousreply 32September 7, 2020 12:28 PM

You're right R32, they hang you from a tree.

by Anonymousreply 33September 7, 2020 12:32 PM

Just wait until the new left wokies find out what Voltaire thought of Africans.

by Anonymousreply 34September 7, 2020 12:35 PM

Intelligence, reason, knowledge, discovery, and invention must be decolonized!

by Anonymousreply 35September 7, 2020 1:38 PM

Please, please let humans go extinct before we drive all other animals and plant life into extinction. Humans need to go.

by Anonymousreply 36September 7, 2020 2:07 PM

Ayayay... Darwinism isn’t about stupid vs smart. All living things evolve based on their environment. Plants, animals, humans... everything.

by Anonymousreply 37September 7, 2020 2:11 PM

R33, since almost all of the lynchings in the early part of the 1900s took place in the south, it's a safe bet that those committing the crime were all Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 7, 2020 10:34 PM

R38, that was literally 100 years ago. There is absolutely no relevancy to the point you’re making to the world today. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Congrats you win the Darwin Award for Dumbest Comment Today.

by Anonymousreply 39September 7, 2020 10:39 PM

Amen, R39. Now tell the woke crowd this.

by Anonymousreply 40September 7, 2020 10:41 PM

They already know, r40. It’s the right wing cretins who bring it up.

by Anonymousreply 41September 7, 2020 10:47 PM

To be truthful, Darwin was a vile human being.

by Anonymousreply 42September 7, 2020 10:52 PM

Exactly, R37! Creationists have been using "evolution is a racist concept!" as a gotcha for years. It isn't. Evolution isn't a hierarchy; it's just a question of which creatures survive best in a given environment.

by Anonymousreply 43September 7, 2020 10:53 PM

Why is there a cutoff point at which we care about slavery? It seems to revolve entirely around the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 44September 8, 2020 12:11 AM

R42 How so?

by Anonymousreply 45September 8, 2020 12:24 AM

Does he have an OnlyFans?

by Anonymousreply 46September 8, 2020 2:00 AM

[quote]I hope R24 is joking, but somehow I doubt it.

He looks to be actively trolling, R25.

[quote]Please explain exactly what "Capitalist biology" is, R24.

It's not anything, R30, except something trollsock R24 just coined on the fly. It's illustrative of the same process at work in the attack on Darwin - some right-wing troll suggests an absurd criticism online, and unsuspecting progressives, not realizing where it's coming from, and already critical of capitalism, pick it up as though it was a real thing and start spreading it.

Remember, rejection of evolutionary biology is a right-wing Christian fundamentalist trope.

by Anonymousreply 47September 8, 2020 2:44 AM

[quote]R31, at least when you disagree with them, the religious right doesn't hit you over the head with a bicycle chain.

When they're dressed in black from head to toe, wearing a motorcycle helmet to conceal their identity, and they're pretending to be "Antifa" at a protest, they do.

by Anonymousreply 48September 8, 2020 2:50 AM

The goalposts aren’t moving. You’re just imagining it.

And you’re a racist misogynist, too!

by Anonymousreply 49September 8, 2020 3:14 AM

R22 Exactly. One who has quite a following on Twitter Ian Miles Cheong @stillgray, posts a lot of Antifa scaremongering, pro Trump, anti Biden etc, and is actually posting from Malaysia. I think Andy Ngo is also posting from outside the US.

I do think much of the protests are losing the plot. There was a another protest today on Golden Gate Bridge, why?? Who knows. I think young people are just needing a damn outlet! It’s all they are allowed to do. I am tired of all this woke negativity.

by Anonymousreply 50September 8, 2020 4:04 AM

Right now we are soon to b living in Brave New World. Huxley..had it scarily right.

by Anonymousreply 51September 8, 2020 4:06 AM

Not trolling at all, R47.

It's no coincidence that Darwin grew up in Adam Smith's England. His notion of 'survival of the fittest' is an adaptation of the invisible hand of the market, applied to biology. Darwinism as widely professed is an historical story, it is not a hard science. It is closer to Rudyard Kipling than it is to Newton or Einstein. It is unfalsifiable -- meaning it lacks the primary criterion to be a real science. Karl Popper wrote extensively on this.

One needn't be a fundie to say these things; one need only be decently educated and think a little.

by Anonymousreply 52September 8, 2020 10:51 AM

R38, slavery ended over 150 years ago. The last lynching by Democrats was less than 60 years ago. Which is more relevant?

by Anonymousreply 53September 8, 2020 11:28 AM

[Quote] I think young people are just needing a damn outlet! It’s all they are allowed to do.

When the statue-toppling frenzy started here in the UK, I did wonder if some of the protesters (at least, the white ones) were jumping on the bandwagon out of frustration at three months of lockdown. Suddenly they had a "noble" reason to mingle with other people, vent their anger, etc. - and they knew that the police were reluctant to intervene, because the protests were sparked by police brutality in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 54September 8, 2020 11:41 AM

The museum will most likely 'review' this by tweaking a bit of label text or shifting things around in a case - I work in a big museum and this sort of things happens all the time and isn't that new. The Press strike the appropriate position for their demography , there is a bit of Twitter fuss then it all dies down. Often the museum is just doing something it would do anyway, but takes the opportunity to negate a bit of controversy. My museum recently moved something from being free-standing into a case, to help conservation and also reduce the risk of woke vandalism, while it publicly talked about reviewing and updating. Easy win.

by Anonymousreply 55September 8, 2020 11:52 AM

R55 is correct. But I do wish to point out that the Telegraph being referred to as "right-wing" and therefore "unreliable" above is a typical example someone making accusations whilst not seeing the beam in his own eye.

The Telegraph is a broadsheet, and a respected one, and one of Britain's oldest newspapers. It is centre-right, not the Express, the SUN, the Mirror, or the Mail, and is no more "unreliable" for being centre-right than the Independent is for being well to the left of centre. I could of course bring up the BBC, which charges a heft licence fee from everyone regardless of political persuasion whilst forcing its own increasingly biased agenda down everyone's throat.

Respected professional journalists work for the Telegraph - which, by the way, in the interests of free speech, took down its paywall this weekend to counteract those far-left "champions of the truth" in Extinction Rebellion who cut off the means of distributing the print version.

But that's the far left for you (and there are rising complaints even within ER about infiltration of the far left): "unreliable".

The Telegraph is no less reliable than other self-pronounced media outlets with biases: The Guardian, the Independent, the New York TIMES.

by Anonymousreply 56September 8, 2020 12:03 PM

Another reason why I as a gay man do not even identify as liberal even though I was leftist as a naive youth. The liberal/left has gone off the deep end in logic and reason. Embarrassing too even read the daily dispatches from these clowns.

by Anonymousreply 57September 8, 2020 12:08 PM

Where's Marianne Williamson when we need her!!! One love.

by Anonymousreply 58September 8, 2020 12:40 PM

Facts aren’t racist.

by Anonymousreply 59September 8, 2020 12:50 PM

Hilarious to read R56 asserting the quality of the Telegraph, which is aggressively 'Boris and Brexit' Central these days, against the 'agenda-driven' BBC!

by Anonymousreply 60September 8, 2020 3:39 PM

R55 is correct, in normal times. Not so sure now.

by Anonymousreply 61September 8, 2020 8:13 PM

R60 - read the post again. No one mentioned "quality". The issue was "reliability" on the basis of political bias.

As for Boris and BREXIT - yes, the Telegraph is pro-Brexit. It's also had several pieces up in recent days criticising Boris' handling of the pandemic AND the trade talks - the headline this morning was that a high-ranking member of the Civil Service quit over Johnson's mutterings about tearing up the Withdrawal Bill.

But then, you wouldn't have noticed articles critical of Johnson in the Telegraph, would you?

You're proving my point: all an entity needs to be is in disagreement with your political viewpoint and it is, ipso facto, "unreliable".

The BBC admitted several years ago that it had avoided tough programming on the impact of immigration because it was afraid of being called racist.

So, tell me again how much better the BBC is than the Telegraph in its reportage?

by Anonymousreply 62September 8, 2020 8:19 PM

OK, R62: the BBC is much better than the Telegraph in its reportage.

by Anonymousreply 63September 8, 2020 9:27 PM

Yes the BBC goes for the big stuff.

BBC bans football commentators from saying 'racist' phrases such as cakewalk, nitty gritty, sold down the river and uppity as part of racial bias training

The BBC held an 'avoiding racial bias' training session with their on-air talent

The purpose of the session was to avoid using certain words or phrases

A total of 450 people from broadcasting took part, Sportsmail understands

The BBC held an 'avoiding racial bias' training session with their sports commentators on Tuesday, listing the words and phrases which they must avoid during the new season.

'Cakewalk', 'nitty gritty', 'sold down the river' and 'uppity' were among those on the banned list, Sportsmail can reveal, along with 'blackballed', 'blacklisted', 'black mark' and 'whiter than white'.

Those tuning into the webinar were also warned about how describing black players as having 'pace' and/or 'power' could see them 'fall into the trap of racial stereotyping'.

On describing a player as having 'pace and power', the guide added: 'Is there a danger of spreading a perception that black players' success is purely based on their athleticism and doesn't require hard work and intelligence? Do you need to spend more time thinking about how to explain the variety of reasons for a black player's success?'

by Anonymousreply 64September 9, 2020 4:18 AM

The colonists were so stupid from 1619 on, if you know what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 65September 9, 2020 4:49 AM

The West is killing itself. It’s letting the children tear things apart.

We’ll take the wheel now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 9, 2020 4:57 AM

The BBC extorts a fairly high licence fee from everyone, therefore it has a duty to balance in reporting. Instead, it took the money and then set itself up as the Woke Czar of Culture in Britain. It's reportage is heavily slanted, and it stocked panels on BREXIT before and after the referendum with Remainers, something it later admitted doing.

The BBC is like the monarchy: if it doesn't maintain at least a pretence of balance, it forfeits its right to taking EVERYONE's money and asserting that it has some special place in the nation's culture.

The Telegraph has never pretended to be anything but the centre-right newspaper it has always been. It doesn't take a broad-based license fee, and it is neither a tabloid nor Breitbart.

If you want to dance, you have to pay the band. The BBC, like Harry and Meghan, needs either to forego public funding, in which case it can get as political as it likes, or realise that with public funding, it has a duty to the public to fulfill the requirements of balance.

As it is, the BBC has made a complete arse of itself in recent years, its integrity is in shreds in the mind of the public, and the licence fee is teetering on a precipice of anger.

Except, of course, amongst the Woke who believe everything it says and does.

Oddly, the Telegraph has no such woes to contend with. Anyone is free to read it, disagree with it, not read it, not pay for it, etc.

by Anonymousreply 67September 9, 2020 12:34 PM

[quote] As it is, the BBC has made a complete arse of itself in recent years, its integrity is in shreds in the mind of the public, and the licence fee is teetering on a precipice of anger.

Agree.

by Anonymousreply 68September 9, 2020 12:54 PM

the BBC has made a complete arse of itself in recent years, its integrity is in shreds in the mind of the public

Second only to the Iraqi Information Minister the funniest moment to me of the Gulf War was the BBC reporter on the screen debunking American claims the strongly defended Baghdad Airport had been captured. The American host network (CNN?) just let him talk and sneer without telling him they now had split the screen so he was speaking on his side unaware the other side of the screen showed substantial armored and mechanized US forces driving through the Airport's front gate.

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 69September 9, 2020 1:55 PM

[quote] On describing a player as having 'pace and power', the guide added: 'Is there a danger of spreading a perception that black players' success is purely based on their athleticism and doesn't require hard work and intelligence? Do you need to spend more time thinking about how to explain the variety of reasons for a black player's success?'

This is absolutely crazy! It's like a parody. This sort of thing does absolutely nothing to combat racism.

by Anonymousreply 70September 9, 2020 2:06 PM
by Anonymousreply 71September 9, 2020 6:21 PM

R70, I don't think the actual purpose of all of this racial wokeness is to combat racism. It seems more like its purpose is to give a few people an excuse to bully other people and boss them around while pretending to do good.

by Anonymousreply 72September 10, 2020 12:01 AM

Do you think the fires in Oregon were started by ignition rebellion ?

by Anonymousreply 73September 11, 2020 8:24 PM

Poor babies--get over it!

Women and minorities have been cancelled for thousands of years. All the female gods and culture was cancelled by feudalism.

by Anonymousreply 74September 11, 2020 8:44 PM

R42 Who told you that Darwin was a vile human being.

by Anonymousreply 75September 11, 2020 9:23 PM

R34, they only read what they are told to read.

by Anonymousreply 76September 12, 2020 3:23 AM

R74 - Open a history book. Feudalism of one form of another was the norm throughout human history until, in the West, after the Renaissance and the Enlightenment. Or did you suppose that China and the Sultans of the Middle East or the Pharoahs were all leaders of democracies? It was all authoritarian leaders, state religion, etc.

In the West, it was the rise of monotheism and, particularly, Christianity, that cancelled female gods - the Church built its temples right over former pagan temples and the Horned God became Satan.

And unless you're speaking of Jews, "minorities" as we understand the term today was a meaningless term. The only real marginalised minority were Jews.

Female gods which is to say, paganism, and the Old Religion (which, oddly hangs in bits in some rural parts of Europe), were cancelled by monotheism and its three primary branches, Judaism, Islam, and Christianity.

by Anonymousreply 77September 15, 2020 12:46 PM

Well, we can now add David Hume, Father of the Enlightenment and probably one of the greatest intellectual minds Scotland ever produced, to the Cancelled. University of Edinburgh removed his name from (it must be said, an atrociously hideous modern) building because 260 years ago Hume was, as was the entire rest of the British Isles, fine with the slave trade. The removal was due to a petition with less than 2,000 signatures on it by a group of moronic snowflakes without an iota of historical perspective.

The new address is 4 George Square. The "George" stands for George Floyd, a man whose death may have been tragic and murderous, but who was still a man with a criminal record, who had no relationship to Scotland or Scottish history or Scottish culture whatsoever, who has made no contribution whatsoever to life and thought in Scotland.

The decision has brought major jeers and backlash, and a photo in yesterday's article showed a group of grinning students with their fists in the air smiling victoriusly.

David Hume - Father of the Enlightenment (whether you agree with everything he asserted or not). Replaced by an American criminal of no achievements whatsoever except to be fortuitously killed by an American police officer and provide a convenient motive for pulling entire cultures down.

The University of Edinburgh, like so much of the test of the lunatic pandering going on in Britain right now, is just another lemming heading joyfully off the cultural cliff, patting itself on the back as it heads down to the rocks below, for being so virtuous.

by Anonymousreply 78September 15, 2020 12:55 PM

This will only really hurt white people. Most black people are christians or otherwise religious nuts who believe in Jesus or Allah instead of science. This only harms atheists.

by Anonymousreply 79September 15, 2020 12:57 PM

Black people already hate science and evolution, that's why for every Christian white man there's 20 Christian black people. It's not shocking that they'd go after Darwin and try to devalue evolution. Next they'll go after the gays, then independent women.

I've been saying for years that BLM is just a way to re-instate religious claim over a society that had mostly moved on from it, due to how many black people are still religious loons. The religious oligarchy is coming, one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 80September 15, 2020 1:02 PM

[quote] The removal was due to a petition with less than 2,000 signatures on it by a group of moronic snowflakes without an iota of historical perspective.

That describes EVERY cancellation.

by Anonymousreply 81September 16, 2020 1:54 AM

R78 Wow. Goody Wokus has placed the scarlet R onto old Hume.

by Anonymousreply 82September 16, 2020 9:10 AM

R82 - A more apt description of this could not be found.

R78

by Anonymousreply 83September 16, 2020 11:49 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 25, 2021 7:25 AM

The Woke are pathetic cowards. They obsess about slavery, that has been a ubiquitous throughout human history, specifically slavery in the Americas, yet say nothing about the fact that American blacks and indians owned slaves, islam was and is a major source of slavery (about 2 million Europeans were kidnapped and brought into slavery in muslim countries), nor do they have the balls to tell the truth about the 26 million people now enslaved or in forms of indentured slavery. This would take bravery and a desire for truth, which none of them have.

by Anonymousreply 85January 25, 2021 11:10 AM

The people who have cancelled Darwin?

Let ‘em go.

Denialism cancelled THEM and will continue to do so, every damn day.

by Anonymousreply 86February 27, 2021 9:50 PM

Not shocking. Horseshoe Theory is always right. I saw it with the trans shit, with the "islamophobia" shit, with the defending oppressive communist governments just because they were communist shit, and now with this.

Once you go too far to the left you end up back at the right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 27, 2021 10:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!