Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anna Faris exits Mom

What's going on with her? i hope she's doing well. i thought Mom is supposed to be her show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 15, 2020 11:56 AM

Will they replace her?

by Anonymousreply 1September 4, 2020 8:40 PM

I don't know why Anna Faris and Chris Pratt split up, they seemed perfectly matched. There were even reports of him not wanting to leave the house as he was packing to go, so why did he? People are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2September 4, 2020 8:41 PM

I can't wait for the DL Detective Agency to get to the bottom of this.

I really love this show, but WTF?

by Anonymousreply 3September 4, 2020 8:43 PM

Aww, I love Mom. Maybe they'll have her relapse and die of an OD. She and Janney are co-stars of the show, but Faris does carry a lot of the show's storylines. I liked her character.

I'm also probably one of the few people on DL who watches the show.

by Anonymousreply 4September 4, 2020 8:43 PM

I've never watched it, but yes, I thought it was her and Allison Janney's show, with Farris being the prime star. It'll probably fail after she leaves, people like Anna Farris.

by Anonymousreply 5September 4, 2020 8:45 PM

I wonder whether she quit or got fired.

It seems like things have been circling the drain for her since her split with Pratt.

Hope she's okay. She seems less tiresome than many celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 6September 4, 2020 8:45 PM

They introduced that big girl - Kristen Johnston - and the dynamic sort of changed. Season 7 wasn't as coherent as the past seasons. Farris' exit is probably for the best as there's not much more story her character could tell. Janney could carry the show as she's such a force. Her and Johnston are gonna be a good combo. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 7September 4, 2020 8:52 PM

Mom was supposed to be Anna Faris's big star vehicle, but it never really worked out that way.

Allison Janney got all the attention and awards.

When she was cast on Mom, Anna was coming off great reviews in comedy movies and was supposed to be the second coming of Judy Holliday, but she was always very meh on the show.

by Anonymousreply 8September 4, 2020 8:57 PM

She's moving on to become one of the Faces of Meth.

by Anonymousreply 9September 4, 2020 8:58 PM

I've never watched any of AF's movies or shows - most of what I know about her is from tabloid rumors for years - alky, drugs, eating disorder, etc. She's always seemed pretty fragile to me and I wasn't sure if it was her putting on an air-headed blonde affect or she was messed up on something. After her divorce from Pratt, I remember seeing her on a commercial for CA tourism and she was alarmingly thin. She was walking in heels and talking to the camera in the ad and seemed unsteady on her feet and spacey. I began to believe that she had some issue and sooner or later some dirt about AF would hit the news.

My guess, going by rumors and visual clues: I think she got to a point that the producers got scared that she may crash and burn the show so they decided to act and give her the ax.

by Anonymousreply 10September 4, 2020 9:08 PM

They slowly retooled this show into an ensemble while simultaneously dropping the kid characters. I don’t think Anna Farris’ character will be missed all that much.

by Anonymousreply 11September 5, 2020 12:36 PM

This is one of my favorite shows but it can probably carry on without her. While I liked Anna in the roll a bigger loss would be Allison Janney. I felt the show improved when the children disappeared. It would be nice if Anna would come back for occasional appearances. I just hope they don't move that Patti woman who Bonnie was sponsoring in as a replacement, she is beyond annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 5, 2020 1:18 PM

Anna Faris is cute and capable but she’s got to be having those John Amos feels bigtime on this show. I’ve never seen it, because network tv is feces, but I’ve seen Janney and she’s one of the best talents on tv (she stole every scene on Masters of Sex).

by Anonymousreply 13September 5, 2020 1:27 PM

[quote] I liked Anna in the roll

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 14September 5, 2020 1:31 PM

They should replace her with Margot Robbie.

by Anonymousreply 15September 5, 2020 1:36 PM

This is not only my favorite show, it's the only show in recent years about which I said, "I gotta turn on the TV at 9 -- my show's on tonight!"

I don't know if the show will survive without her, and I'm not sure I even want it to. It's a shame they couldn't have an episode in which she is in the episode and we see what happened to her. This "she died from an OD" thing from out of nowhere is going to be very odd, that is, if that's what they do.

And the linked article above said she had a two-year contract -- most people there speculated that she had been let go.

I love Janney, but the interaction between the two of them made this show. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

by Anonymousreply 16September 5, 2020 1:57 PM

If you haven't seen the show, it is in syndication on many networks. Give it a shot, it's really good.

I agree that Janney is a powerhouse, and CAN carry the show, but the dynamic between Bonnie and Christy was the heart of the show. I'll still watch, to see what happens, as this is the only show I watch on network tv.

by Anonymousreply 17September 5, 2020 2:54 PM

I’m a huge Faris fan and I’ve seen all of her movies. She’s very good on Mom. I never miss it but without her, I think, Janney can be exhausting. Faris had a supporting part on a Ryan Reynolds movie playing a Britney character and it’s one of the funniest movie turns I’ve ever seen. She was also profiled in The New Yorker a few years ago and she was asked about how far a comedic actress could go in the industry compared to Adam Sandler. She must have projects lined up because I can’t see a name actress like Faris leaving a show without something exciting lined up.

by Anonymousreply 18September 5, 2020 3:30 PM

Margot Robbie is a real actress. She won't do teevee.

by Anonymousreply 19September 5, 2020 3:33 PM

Yes, I loved Faris in "House Bunny". That movie had a great cast too! Hope she does come back to the show as a guest star. I don't want Christy killed off after she worked so hard to get her life together.

by Anonymousreply 20September 5, 2020 3:37 PM

I'm more interested in whom enters Mom.

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2020 3:46 PM

Only discovered “Mom” fairly recently, and the husband and I love it. Faris is an inventive and appealing actress (LOVED her scene-stealing turn in “Lost in Translation”) and Janney is a national treasure. They have great chemistry on the show.

To me, the show greatly improved after they ditched Faris’s character’s children after the first few seasons and focused on the Faris and Janney and their recovery group. The actresses are excellent (I’ve always liked Mimi Kennedy — and, as a side note, her autobiography “Taken to the Stage” is outstanding) and they’ve shared some hilarious and moving scenes over the course of the series. Still, I agree with the posters above that the introduction of Kristen Johnston as a series regular hasn’t worked as well as one would hope, and the character that Janney’s character is sponsoring in AA is annoying.

Faris will be missed on the show, but I think it can go on without her. I hope she’s okay.

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2020 3:50 PM

Agree that Janney is the real star and that it has morphed into an ensemble show. Interesting that Faris just fell out. I could imagine an episode where she finishes law school and gets a job on the east coast, which would have allowed her to bow out gracefully. Both Lorre and Farris are spinning this positively but it's odd that she talks about being at home watching the show, like she doesn't have anything else going on. Maybe each wanted this to happen for separate reasons, so both sides win, but one side wanted or needed it asap.

I watch very little network television, but I watch this show because of Janney, although I grew to enjoy watching Faris as well. I think Kristen Johnston pairs well with Janney, both larger-than-life characters. I will continue to tune in, but if Janney had been the one leaving, I wouldn't watch it and I doubt there would even be a show.

by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2020 4:11 PM

R19 Margot was in a show called Pan Am before her career took off. And recently guest starred on Dollface.

by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2020 4:24 PM

God, I hope they don't bring back Kate Micucci. She is just cringeworthy in everything she does and totally w/o comic timing. Faris really has become less central to the show. Janney is a much better actress and there's more that can be done with her character.

by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2020 4:30 PM

They moved in an ensemble cast and it looks like Anna didn't want to share the spotlight.

I don't watch the show but Kristen Johnson and William Fichtner are terrific actors in my book.

by Anonymousreply 26September 5, 2020 4:38 PM

I liked Violet, Christy's daughter. She played the bitchy girl, with a heart of gold well. I think they could have explored her character a little more. The podcast episode really hit home with me, as I've had to let family members out of my life to be happy.

Also, the episode where Violet goes to therapy for the first time with Christy and Bonnie is a great one too.

by Anonymousreply 27September 5, 2020 9:02 PM

it's probably saving money but I'd get rid of three supporting cast before losing Faris.

I can't believe Pratt walked out on her and his kid; his kid.

he might do the same again with his new family; actors shouldn't be partners, mates, parents, or friends. They don't know how.

by Anonymousreply 28September 5, 2020 9:05 PM

As a fan of the show since the pilot, I agree that Kate Micucci needs to go.

by Anonymousreply 29September 5, 2020 9:07 PM

Is Margot going to play Jaime Pressley's sister?

by Anonymousreply 30September 5, 2020 9:08 PM

The fact that she was one year in of her two year contract is weird. I doubt that she left for creative reasons. If it was that she could have waited another year. There must be more something like personal reasons, fights or health. If she wanted to leave, they wouldn't easily let her go. The show is too valuable to let their star go just like that. My money is on a health reason.

Two other thoughts: Janney has a good run in the business lately. Wouldn't surprise me if she left at the end of season 8, which essentially would mean that the show is ending. And: They should bring back the hot black brother on drugs. I think the show would benefit from this family bond.

by Anonymousreply 31September 5, 2020 9:29 PM

Something really bad must've happened. She doesn't even get a farewell episode? She must be in rehab or worse (a cult?).

by Anonymousreply 32September 5, 2020 9:30 PM

I thought she looked a bit frail last season, much skinnier than in prior seasons. Maybe it is a health problem.

by Anonymousreply 33September 5, 2020 11:53 PM

She'd have to buy her way out of her contract. Very strange story.

by Anonymousreply 34September 6, 2020 1:10 AM

I wonder if it’s a health problem too. She’s alarmingly thin, so maybe she just needs to rest and take a break before she burns out completely. I love Anna Farris. She’s incredibly funny and talented.

It’s a great show but if they bring back Kate Miucci I will burn things. She’s one of the most irritating people in the solar system.

by Anonymousreply 35September 6, 2020 1:46 AM

I don't usually like sitcoms, but I've been working from home for the past 4 months and I watch it a lot.

I bet Bonnie is going to take in a troubled teenager

by Anonymousreply 36September 6, 2020 1:55 AM

My money is on Kate Micucci becoming a regular.

by Anonymousreply 37September 6, 2020 2:03 AM

I started watching it on Hulu during a really tough time in my life and it really perked me up. A great mix of heartfelt moments, real human drama, and comedy. Hate to see Anna go, but if it's for health reasons, I understand and I hope she gets better.

by Anonymousreply 38September 6, 2020 2:09 AM

Love Mom. But "Marjorie" is the rock of the show. Without Christy I'm under impression the show is gonna get darker. It's gonna be an interesting watch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 6, 2020 2:25 AM

Violet had run her course and was annoying without the bf. The son basically was a plot device and they never did anything g with him. Micucci is just talentless—who is she sleeping with to keep getting roles.

by Anonymousreply 40September 6, 2020 2:33 AM

I saw Anna on Watch What Happens Live in 2018, and people were commenting on Twitter that she seemed like she was on drugs during the taping of the show.

by Anonymousreply 41September 6, 2020 3:18 AM

Ok R41,Who the fuck cares what Twitter thinks? Who are them ppl really?

by Anonymousreply 42September 6, 2020 3:40 AM

Lily Tomlin has been hired for season 8. She will play Bonnie's long-lost mother. Bonnie will have to learn to forgive her mother, as Christy eventually forgave her mother (Bonnie). Full circle!

by Anonymousreply 43September 6, 2020 3:41 AM

Mimi Kennedy is wonderful as Marjorie.

by Anonymousreply 44September 6, 2020 3:44 AM

Ellen Burstyn already played the mother.

by Anonymousreply 45September 6, 2020 3:55 AM

Yeah, I thought Bonnie's mother died.

by Anonymousreply 46September 6, 2020 4:12 AM

R43, Love the show, now I'm loving it even more! I'm crazy about Lily Tomlin. She and Janney will be amazing together.

by Anonymousreply 47September 6, 2020 10:40 PM

R43? Link, please.

by Anonymousreply 48September 6, 2020 11:34 PM

R42 Ppl you aspire to be?

by Anonymousreply 49September 10, 2020 6:19 AM

The show has great ensemble cast, but you do have to wonder when one of the main characters leaves. The writers must be working furiously to figure things out.

The rest of the cast, Alison Janney, Mimi Kennedy, Jaime Pressly, Beth Hall, William Fichtner and Kristen Johnston are excellent. William Fichtner is known for his film roles and Kristen Johnston was already on a hit show years ago, "Third Rock From the Sun". She was the woman who fell out the window on "SATC"!

I miss the goofy ex-husband, the guy who moved in with the rich redhead who played Bertha's daughter on "Two and Half Men", he's now on that terrible show, "Bob Loves Abishola", which is another Chuck Lorre series.

On "Mom", the little boy was funny, but the daughter was extremely annoying. The kids simply vanished? Seriously? IIRC, the daughter left to work in Vegas or she came back, then moved in with some random guy or maybe her ex, the fate of her baby? How was the son leaving explained? Did he move in with the goofy ex-husband and his rich redhead GF? Was the departure of the kids ever fully explained?

What's the deal with Fichtner's character, didn't he have his own apartment or house? Think he's now renting renting out since he married "Mom". If the writers don't think the audience doesn't notice all these things, they do.

by Anonymousreply 50September 10, 2020 6:58 AM

People move on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 10, 2020 9:39 AM

She'll be replaced by Marie Osmond.

by Anonymousreply 52September 10, 2020 9:55 AM

Does anyone have an update regading why she left? It's too bad, I really liked this show and fear that it will take a turn for the worse now that she's leaving. Like when Delta Burke left "Designing Women" and was replaced by the dreadful Julia Duffy.

by Anonymousreply 53September 11, 2020 9:58 PM

Producers are saying her exit was unwelcome...this isn't a situation where they forced her out

by Anonymousreply 54September 11, 2020 10:08 PM

goood, she boring as a wet shoe

by Anonymousreply 55September 11, 2020 10:12 PM

I watch it 4 her mom...she awesome

faris is zzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 56September 11, 2020 10:13 PM

[quote] If the writers don't think the audience doesn't notice all these things, they do.

Apparently you did not, R50. Every one of those matters was dealt with during at least one episode.

by Anonymousreply 57September 11, 2020 10:14 PM

Really like Anna. I agree with the rest of my DL family, she is alarmingly skinny. I wonder with the quarantine, if she's having a really hard time. I'm glad she's not with Chris Platt anymore. Cheated on her, become such an a******. Let that ugly Kennedy deal with him. I hope Anna gets some help.

by Anonymousreply 58September 11, 2020 10:24 PM

Great episode but Christy is non essential.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 11, 2020 10:25 PM

I liked Anna I’m the beginning but she became irritating and has goofy wooden expressions now like either she’s high- or had a lot of facial surgery that limit her range where she grimaces like Kermit the frog. A lot of What was funny before has become grating. I really hope she’s ok and it’s not a cancer scare.

by Anonymousreply 60September 11, 2020 11:08 PM

[quote]Apparently you did not, [R50]. Every one of those matters was dealt with during at least one episode.

I guess I missed those episodes. I'm not a regular viewer. You don't need to be snarky.

Lots of characters have been written out. It was obvious the ex-husband was going to be out of the picture because he became a regular on Chuck Lorre's new series, "Bob Loves Abishola". When the ex-husband was written out of the show, the redhead actress and the son were out. How was it explained how a mother no longer sees her son? EVER. She doesn't even speak to him on the phone, sorry, that is not at all believable. I figured the ex moved out of state and took the son? Wouldn't Christy put up a fight to keep her son at least nearby? None of this storyline is believable. Terrible writing.

If you are going tell me "every one of those matters was dealt with during at least one episode.", then explain what happened to the daughter and the son. They were never dealt with, there was no closure. No official statement.

Here's what I found re the children's departure: "The mother-daughter duo of Bonnie and Christy with their impressive acting skills have left no stone unturned in keeping the audience hooked to the show. Speaking about where Christy’s kids are now, some reports say that Violet and Roscoe made an appearance only till the second season of the show. The kids were also missing in the family portrait of Mom’s season 5 opening sequence.

According to reports, the makers of the show have not given any official statement about what happened to the kids on Mom. Their last scene in the show was when Violet was going to live with Luke and Roscoe escaped to live with Baxter and his fiancée. After which, there have been no scenes of the two in the show."

OK, since you seem to have some actual insight as to what happened to there children? Bring it on.

by Anonymousreply 61September 12, 2020 6:42 AM

^^ Shaddup

by Anonymousreply 62September 12, 2020 7:13 AM

From People Magazine: "It was a surprise to hear that Anna was leaving. None of us are happy about that,” a source close to the show told the outlet.

Faris announced she was leaving the show just days before the comedy was planning to resume production on Season 8 amid the pandemic, which was pushed back and set to begin on September 14.

“It was sudden and unwelcome, and it left the entire network scrambling. This is not a good thing at all,” the source added, saying “no one” wanted her to leave.

It's difficult to know who exactly pulled the trigger. Faris says she made the decision (to exit her 2-year contract after a year) to focus on other projects. That was a red flag for me. No one leaves a hit TV show to focus "on other projects." especially in the middle of a two-year contract.

Chuck Lorre has been suspiciously noncommittal. He wished her well, but what choice did he have? Faris never bad-mouthed him the way Charlie Sheen did on so many occasions. And there were never any insider reports of tension on the set.

Faris was also quoted that she would be home watching the show when the new season debuts. So that begs the question about who really wanted what? Was Lorre disenchanted with her work ethic? Did Faris feel her role was diminished by the expansion of the cast? Was there a drug problem?

And as for that cast, I don't think there's a better ensemble on network TV right now. Mimi Kennedy can steal a scene with just an arched eyebrow and Jamie Pressly is hilarious as a jilted woman with too much money for her own good. And William Fichtner is a great foil for Janney.

I think one test of how good the writing is, is that I can watch episodes over and over and the humor is never stale. The only other sitcom I can say that about is "Frasier."

I suspect that, whatever was going on behind the scenes, the writers were the last to know. I imagine they're scrambling to get at least one episode in the can as the production emerges from quarantine. Knowing Lorre's track record ("Mike and Molly," "The Big Bang Theory," Two and a Half Men," and "Mom"), I think "Mom" will rise to the challenge of surviving the departure of a lead actor.

One plotline I will miss, though, is the occasional visit to The Rustic Fig. Christy Plunkett's interactions with French Stewart's chef character were always fun. I don't see how the kitchen crew can be worked back into the mix without the one character who worked there.

by Anonymousreply 63September 12, 2020 8:35 AM

The chef had an on/off relationship with Kristen Johnston's character. That could be an angle to keep him around. If they do go with Micucci as regular, or even new lead, she could take over Christy's job at the restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 64September 12, 2020 8:55 AM

Good. She's the reason I could never make it through an entire episode.

by Anonymousreply 65September 12, 2020 9:54 AM

So Lorre didn't fire her? And I am thinking that Faris is professional enough not to get out of the most profitable gig in her life time if she does not have to. It's not just financially her best gig. It's probably also her most rewarding gig in terms of fan- and professional reputation. And leaving this type of project, leaving a show of this (financial) caliber in the lurch, makes you a liability. She is smart enough to not go that route if she doesn't have to. So if she wasn't fired and didn't leave voluntarily, only health reasons are left. I hope she will be fine taking time off.

by Anonymousreply 66September 12, 2020 11:39 AM

Who leaves a hit show? Especially a few days before filming the new season. Sounds like someone might be checking into treatment center.

by Anonymousreply 67September 13, 2020 1:46 AM

[quote]^^ Shaddup

You shut the fuck up.

Some people just hate being corrected. You must be a blast at parties!

by Anonymousreply 68September 13, 2020 5:51 AM

I'm sure she makes enough from residuals that if she did leave for personal reasons, she will be fine. Plus, Pratt makes more than enough so her son is also secure.

I really like Faris, and will continue to watch the show, but I will miss her.

by Anonymousreply 69September 13, 2020 4:59 PM

How could Faris have been surprised that Janey would run off with the show given that she plays the title character?

I saw a couple episodes a few month ago. It is not great, but pleasant. I am really surprised to hear that Faris' character also has children, since there was nothing to indicate it in the episodes I saw.

by Anonymousreply 70September 13, 2020 7:00 PM

[quote]How could Faris have been surprised that Janey would run off with the show given that she plays the title character?

How is Janney the title character? Both of their characters are mothers--right? And at first, the situations revolved just as much around Christy being a mother to her two children as they did around the Christy-Bonnie relationship.

by Anonymousreply 71September 13, 2020 7:23 PM

May they should add a nun to the show who is a Mother Superior?

by Anonymousreply 72September 13, 2020 7:28 PM

R71 because Janney is the mother of Faris.

I am reading here that Farris was supposed to also be a mother, but you do not get that when you watch the show. So you have one characters who is definitely a Mom and one who you find out is one if you read DL....

by Anonymousreply 73September 13, 2020 10:14 PM

Sorry, but I do not remember the character names. And I watched maybe five episodes and none of them revolved around Faris having children. (I guess they are always conveniently off camera?)

by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2020 10:15 PM

I generally hate these kinds of CBS shows but I caught it on TV in syndication one day and thought it was hilarious.

[quote] Janey would run off with the show given that she plays the title character?

They wrote off Anna Faris' character's children. Prior to that "Mom" reflected the status of both women on the show to their own kids and each other.

[quote]Who leaves a hit show? Especially a few days before filming the new season. Sounds like someone might be checking into treatment center.

If that were the case I doubt they would have let her "leave." They would have either delayed the season, shot around her and then pulled a Three's Company and edited scenes of her in later from a different set they made for her, or written her out until she completed treatment. Janney dominates the show now but Anna is still a very important part of it.

[quote]And I am thinking that Faris is professional enough not to get out of the most profitable gig in her life time if she does not have to.

She was a film actress before this. While things are changing so that TV isn't much of a step down she's 43. If she wants to get back into films the time is now.

I was a huge fan of "The House Bunny." It was incredibly stupid but very funny.

I think a few months from now she'll do an interview like Cameron Diaz did and say she was just sick of it and had to walk away.

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2020 10:50 PM

I never heard of Anna Feris before seeing this show. I do not remember her from Lost in Translation or Brokeback Mountain and it looks from Wikipedia that she did a lot of teen films.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is not the kind of film that makes anyone a name.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2020 10:56 PM

r73 As has been pointed out numerous times, when the show started, both of Anna Faris's character's children were regulars on every episode. They started to get phased out later. So the original premise of the show revolved around TWO lead characters, both of whom were moms.

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2020 11:01 PM

I bet they got rid of the kids because having children in a comedy centering on an AA group may push the envelope more than a lot of people who could take.

But to my taste the darkness of that might have kept me watching. I thought it was a bit too cheerful about recovery, and having kids as part of the deal must have helped.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2020 11:03 PM

[quote]I never heard of Anna Feris before seeing this show. I do not remember her from Lost in Translation or Brokeback Mountain and it looks from Wikipedia that she did a lot of teen films.

Millennials know her from: The Hot Chick (Rob Schneider), The House Bunny & Just Friends (with Ryan Reynolds).

She was best known for being the "Never Campbell/Sidney" protagonist lead character (called "Cindy") in the Keenan Ivory Wayans "Scary Movie" films (there were 4 of them) alongside Regina Hall who always played her best friend "Brenda." It was a spoof of "Scream" that was pretty successful.

Kids still meme about Scary Movie to this day but mostly Regina Hall's part and things relating to their character's friendship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2020 11:46 PM

** Sorry there were 5 films but she and Regina only did the first 4.

Here's a great article and interview with her for the film series' 20th Anniversary earlier this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2020 11:48 PM

So she was in a Rob Schneider movie and a bunch of teen comedies.

I think it is a bit silly to portray her as some kind of film star.

by Anonymousreply 81September 14, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote] I think it is a bit silly to portray her as some kind of film star.

And how many successful movies have you been in R81?

by Anonymousreply 82September 14, 2020 3:52 AM

I've read the whole thread and I don't believe this has been brought up...Melissa McCarthy stayed thru her whole 'Mike & Molly' contract, even though she was doing films one right after another during the summer breaks. Most anyone who has worked with Chuck Lorre--besides Charlie Sheen and Cybill--have had nothing but professional things to say about him. (And those two have special seats right next to each other in hell for all the stunts they've pulled over the years, so no surprise there.)

So Anna leaving is indeed very mysterious. Perhaps she just doesn't feel challenged or integral on the show anymore. I used to love Jaime Pressley, until I left her a nice online comment several years back and she couldn't even be bother to "Like" or reply to it. (And she didn't have that many fans back then...it was before her Emmy win.) The show can go on without Anna--I've watched enough eps to see that--but I think the main concern for most people is what Anna will do now. Voice over work in 'Trolls 3'? Her last movie, the remake of 'Overboard', was essentially dead in the water, pun intended. And she'll be 44 this year...she's no spring chicken.

by Anonymousreply 83September 14, 2020 4:52 AM

[Quote] I used to love Jaime Pressley, until I left her a nice online comment several years back and she couldn't even be bother to "Like" or reply to it.

Get a life, hon.

by Anonymousreply 84September 14, 2020 5:04 AM

R84, I realize I set myself up for that. But it doesn't take a lot to "Like" or reply to an online comment. I've had tons of celebrities do it, including Dame Joan Collins and several of the 'RHOBH' ladies. Jaime Pressley could've taken x2 seconds to hit "Like" for a thoughtful comment left supporting her.

by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2020 5:14 AM

You think Joan Collins can operate a computer or a mobile phone?

by Anonymousreply 86September 14, 2020 5:17 AM

r75 what was Cameron Diaz sick with

(off to google it but just in case I don't find anything...)

by Anonymousreply 87September 14, 2020 5:18 AM

[quote] what was Cameron Diaz sick with

She wasn’t sick with anything. She was sick of acting. She claimed she didn’t like working so many hours, she didn’t like people doing things for her, she didn’t like people being dependent on her on a set, she didn’t like worrying about the business stuff, she didn’t like not having a life of her own and essentially not being able to do what she wanted with the rest of her life.

To her credit: she hasn’t been active in years and has stuck with her decision but she did come back earlier this year and do an interview to explain why she quit.

by Anonymousreply 88September 14, 2020 6:06 AM

And it had nothing to do with her movie career taking a nose dive.

by Anonymousreply 89September 14, 2020 6:09 AM

Someone in a different thread said Cameron had a bad experience while filming Sex Tape.

by Anonymousreply 90September 14, 2020 3:44 PM

Roughly a week after CBS and Warner Bros. dropped the mother of all casting bombshells, Mom leading lady Allison Janney is back on the set to begin work on Season 8 — the sitcom’s first without co-lead-Anna Faris.

In a video posted on social media Monday, Janney — surrounded by her fellow mask-wearing co-stars — admitted, “It’s a whole new territory, but we’re excited for Season 8 to begin.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91September 14, 2020 10:38 PM

Roughly a week after CBS and Warner Bros. dropped the mother of all casting bombshells, Mom leading lady Allison Janney is back on the set to begin work on Season 8 — the sitcom’s first without co-lead-Anna Faris.

In a video posted on social media Monday, Janney — surrounded by her fellow mask-wearing co-stars — admitted, “It’s a whole new territory, but we’re excited for Season 8 to begin.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 14, 2020 10:38 PM

I really think all of this was instigated by Janney. It may have taken her years of gaslighting poor Anna, but she’s finally got rid of her. Anything from here on out is to completely push her over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 93September 14, 2020 10:50 PM

I feel sorry for the writers. If they're not going to recast Christy, then a lot of their existing scripts and storylines will have to be scrapped and/or heavily rewritten.

by Anonymousreply 94September 14, 2020 11:12 PM

I hope she's okay. I actually think she's really cute. I'll take her over Reese or Jen any day.

by Anonymousreply 95September 15, 2020 1:43 AM

She looks positively skeletal. Legs like chopsticks.

Also I didn't realize she was engaged?! Her fiance is quite homely, IMO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96September 15, 2020 7:06 AM

I suspect that her divorce has wiped her out emotionally. And the new fiance don't mean shit.

by Anonymousreply 97September 15, 2020 7:15 AM

R2 I bet if they wouldn't have had a child, they would still be together and enjoy life carefree.

by Anonymousreply 98September 15, 2020 7:32 AM

I used to watch this,lost interest in it when they had Faris’ character date old ass Steven Weber and started giving way too much airtime to Janney’s jackass and painfully unfunny handicapped husband.

by Anonymousreply 99September 15, 2020 7:40 AM

Sending good vibes to Ana. She seems really sweet (other than the whole pet adoption debacle).

by Anonymousreply 100September 15, 2020 7:45 AM

[quote]R37 My money is on Kate Micucci becoming a regular.

Can’t we have Kate Jackson?

She needs the work.

by Anonymousreply 101September 15, 2020 8:00 AM

[quote]R63 Faris was also quoted that she would be home watching the show when the new season debuts.

Maybe she doesn’t want to go out working during Covid? Perhaps she’s thinking of her child, and can afford to sit this one out.

by Anonymousreply 102September 15, 2020 8:23 AM

[quote]She'll be replaced by Marie Osmond.

Not while I have one good eye left in my head, she won't...

This is my show - you smelly Mormon whore!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103September 15, 2020 10:11 AM

For Faris to leave at the beginning of shooting of the new season is going to cost production a fortune

This is a big break - either production can't work with Faris or Faris is too claiming she's too sick to honor her contract

All the scripts, costumes, and sets were ready to go - the real reason will come out eventually

by Anonymousreply 104September 15, 2020 10:15 AM

[quote]All the scripts, costumes, and sets were ready to go - the real reason will come out eventually

After doing more research, a few articles and this one from deadline, say that she apparently announced it in cooperation with the show a few days before taping however, the production knew she was leaving and her exit was hammered out during the summer hiatus.

They've been writing scripts without her for quite a long time.

This makes a lot more sense than her doing it last minute since they're still working on schedule. I suspect it was kept on a "need to know" basis since I can't see her screwing over Alison Janney. I don't think it's just showbiz talk that they're pretty close.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 15, 2020 10:27 AM

Anna's face always looked like it was melting.

by Anonymousreply 106September 15, 2020 10:55 AM

She must have had to give up some of the backend, which I’m sure she and Janney negotiated when they re-upped. No way did they just let her walk without consequences.

by Anonymousreply 107September 15, 2020 11:31 AM

Also think it’s telling that when Janney tweeted out a video of the old gang back on set she didn’t mention missing Faris and I haven’t seen any statement.

by Anonymousreply 108September 15, 2020 11:32 AM

The Mail reports Chris Pratt and Anna Faris have just sold their newly renovated Hollywood Hills mansion for 4.75 million dollars.

by Anonymousreply 109September 15, 2020 11:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!