Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Boys on Amazon. Season 2 Watch Party

The first three eps are out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1709 hours ago

Award nominations in Chace Crawford's future?

by Anonymousreply 109/03/2020

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

by Anonymousreply 209/03/2020

I love Chace Crawford - he is so hot. Beautiful face and body.

by Anonymousreply 309/03/2020

Finished the first ep.

It was good, reminded me why I enjoyed this show.

I love how Giancarlo is happy to just keep playing Gus. As he should be, he is great playing that character.

by Anonymousreply 409/03/2020

Are they not releasing the entire season at the same time? what is the schedule for the rest of the episodes?

by Anonymousreply 509/03/2020

That ass is spectacular. But could someone explain to me why The Deep would have that tan-line on his butt?

by Anonymousreply 609/03/2020

How many sex scenes has Chace Crawford done for this show?

by Anonymousreply 709/03/2020

Doesn't his character sleep with the fishes?

by Anonymousreply 809/03/2020

Beautiful butt

by Anonymousreply 909/03/2020

No r5. Amazon doesn't want the Netflix model for this.

Release 3 eps to begin, then one a week. They want to build up discussion, not just a weekend binge.

by Anonymousreply 1009/03/2020

I was really caught off-guard by the gratuitous cruelty to the blind superhero.

Even though I think the show is intelligent and mostly worthwhile, it bugs me that that sort of thing is the part of the show that some people most enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 1109/03/2020

Homelander's cruelty is terrifying in these three episodes. I thought he couldn't get any more evil than season one, but his sociopathic tendencies are cranked to eleven now.

by Anonymousreply 1209/03/2020

I imagine Homelander acts out now that he no longer has a mommy figure in his life to rein him in.

by Anonymousreply 1309/03/2020

The Deep had such a LONG stroke on the dick we could not see. One really got the impression he was working with 8 or 9. I hope it's a human cock and not hybrid. Did he agree to fuck the dolphin? Just mutual JO?

by Anonymousreply 1409/03/2020

Woah. Stormfront is one hardcore bitch who takes no prisoners. And after the ending of the third episode even Homelander can't touch her.

by Anonymousreply 1509/04/2020

During the rooftop confrontation I thought, "Oooh, Stormfront has a double meaning." The actress is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 1609/04/2020

I thought Chace Crawford was by far the best thing in the three episodes. His hallucination of his gills talking to him was hilariously disgusting. His character is so loathsome yet also you feel sorry for him... unlikely anyone else, which is the show's biggest problem. I just cannot sympathize with Hughie. He's like the Wesley Crusher of "The Boys."

I find the Seven are hugely more interesting than the boys, and the female members of the Seven are hugely more interesting than the male members (except for The Deep). Homelander always makes me tense because you never know when he's going to go off, but the character is actually not that interesting after we've seen what he's really like and how sadistic he is. I guess we'll just see him getting worse and worse as the series goes on.

I get really tired of Karl Urban's bristling and posing, which is more the fault of the writers than the actor, although his awful Mockney accent is his own fault.

It's okay this second season but so far not that scary. The cruelty sometimes makes you wince, but they've made the ultraviolence so over the top it's more hilarious than scary. I knew there was no way they were going to have the child be shown to seriously hurt after he was thrown off the roof--that seems to be too far even for them. Even when Stormfront killed the children in the apartment, they kept it off camera.

My guess is they will play with the fact that the actress playing Stormfront is (pretty obviously) Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 1709/04/2020

In the first episode of the second season Homelander opens the final bottle of Madelyn's breast milk and laps it up like a dog at the beginning. That was so fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 1809/04/2020

List of episodes with Chace Crawford nudity or sex, please.

You MIGHT get me to tune into the 30 billionth super hero show.

Seth Rogen jumped the shark ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 1909/04/2020

There's no frontal nudity ion the show.

Chace Crawford shows his ass in the first episode of season 1 and the last episode of season `1.

by Anonymousreply 2009/05/2020

Is it too late for Chace to become a movie star?

by Anonymousreply 2109/05/2020

I think he's still young enough he could become one.

But if he does, it would be as a superhero. He's too handsome and built to be a normal person or a character actor.

by Anonymousreply 2209/05/2020

Ugh, that ass is flat and the tan are lines ugly. Chace (body) on the show is a big problem. Looks like he is balding and the chest and armpit hair is gross.

by Anonymousreply 2309/05/2020

I don't think a skinhead haircut suits him. Fuller hair is his (and most people's) friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2409/05/2020

R24 Too much fillers on his face. His procedures to look younger are actually quite distracting and take away his credibility.

by Anonymousreply 2509/05/2020

He doesn't look frozen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2609/05/2020

I didn't like him when he was a twink stud but I find him very handsome now.

by Anonymousreply 2709/05/2020

R26 That was two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2809/05/2020

This was from days ago, hon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2909/05/2020

He does look overly done. He should step back and be naturally handsome. But even overly done, he looks fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 3009/05/2020

I don't see it. I think he's a much more attractive man than he was as an overly styled twink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3109/05/2020

And he's keeping the body tight and right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3209/05/2020

[quote] Ugh, that ass is flat and the tan are lines ugly.

The tan lines are indeed ugly, but the ass is not flat at all. the photo's shadows make it a bit confusing to see, but his ass sticks out--although it is a squared muscled ass rather than a bubble ass.

by Anonymousreply 3309/05/2020

R39 the Upper face looks overdone - his forehead doesn’t move at all....

by Anonymousreply 3409/06/2020

How did Meg and Dennis end up with a child that is a black hole of charisma?

by Anonymousreply 3509/06/2020

My fav is the cutie playing Frenchie

by Anonymousreply 3609/06/2020

He's incredibly sexy, R36

by Anonymousreply 3709/06/2020

Stormfront is played Aya Cash who is excellent in the tv show “Your the Worst”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3809/06/2020

Aya Cash is really good. I was surprised how she was able to shift this character from obnoxiously sassy in the first episode to cruel in the second episode to a psychopathic sadist in the third, all depending on who she was talking to and whether it was in front of cameras.

One of the weirdest things about these show, though, is that it acknowledges the power of social media, but nevertheless no one ever seems to have a cell phone handy to film and stream one of the supes when they go nuts and torture someone or hideously kill someone. They all think Homelander and Black Noir and Stormfront are heroes but somehow they have no idea of the truly horrible things they've done.

by Anonymousreply 3909/06/2020

I just finished my second pass watching the first three episodes. One of the things I noticed this time around was that Patton Oswalt does the voice for the Deep's gills.

Something they've left hanging to be answered in subsequent episodes is the relevance of older supe "Liberty," from the cover of the magazine that Colonel Mallory was reading; she asked Billy Butcher if he remembered her.

I'm sad that they've already written off Kenji, Kimiko's brother. He was cute.

by Anonymousreply 4009/06/2020

[Quote]I just finished my second pass watching the first three episodes

You've already watched them twice in the couple days it's been out?!

Maybe it's time for a long walk outside.

by Anonymousreply 4109/06/2020

"You'd be so nice to come home to..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4209/06/2020

[quote]You've already watched them twice in the couple days it's been out?!

Six hours out of 72 is nothing.

[quote]Something they've left hanging to be answered in subsequent episodes is the relevance of older supe "Liberty," from the cover of the magazine that Colonel Mallory was reading; she asked Billy Butcher if he remembered her.

Yeah, I'm sure she will also tie into that heavy exposition about the true origins behind Vought.

by Anonymousreply 4309/06/2020

R35 Jack Quaid is a much better actor than Chace. He seem very normal, indeed, but it fits his role on the show very well and makes him easy to related to.

by Anonymousreply 4409/06/2020

Much bloodier than Season 1, jeez. Also there was a lot more humor. Wish they'd lighten up a little. I mean the talking gills are good but how about a little peen once in a while?

The acting is good all around except for Butcher who leaves no scene unchewed. Chace has excellent comic timing. And all the evil bitches are really bringing it

by Anonymousreply 4509/06/2020

Jack Quaid never ends his sentences with a preposition.

by Anonymousreply 4609/06/2020

[Quote] Chace has excellent comic timing

Might he find work on the Broad Way?

by Anonymousreply 4709/06/2020

[quote]You've already watched them twice in the couple days it's been out?!

R41, the first time when they first came out, and the second time this afternoon with my best friend, who hadn't seen them yet. I probably won't again, unless there's some detail I subsequently need to reference or re-watch.

by Anonymousreply 4809/06/2020

Love the dark humor. Like Butcher's line of Pinocchio not wanting to get out of the whale.

by Anonymousreply 4909/07/2020

Chace’s character is just annoying. He plays it well but he sort of bores me

by Anonymousreply 5009/07/2020

r14

When did he masterbate?

by Anonymousreply 5109/07/2020

[quote] masterbate

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 5209/07/2020

Can't believe I'm watching this series because of the bloody scenes. The humor seems to take the edge off the horror. At the end of each episode I feel like I've been on a carnival ride.

by Anonymousreply 5309/07/2020

Like the deep is going to wear a Speedo with those disgusting gills.

by Anonymousreply 5409/07/2020

How many times has Hughie had to clean viscera off his head?

by Anonymousreply 5509/07/2020

If he kept his vest on while you had sex, The Deep would be be a hot fuck,.

by Anonymousreply 5609/07/2020

The gils talk. I assume they can deep throat.

by Anonymousreply 5709/07/2020

They did that scene in Season 1 r57. A girl fingered his gills, it is apparently super painful.

by Anonymousreply 5809/07/2020

That was before Deep learned to love his body. Now they might be erogenous zones.

by Anonymousreply 5909/07/2020

Why did The Deep shave his body and head at the end of Season 1?

by Anonymousreply 6009/07/2020

That is a magnificent butt - I wonder if it's actually his or a body double.

by Anonymousreply 6109/07/2020

r60, because he had a Britney Spears type of meltdlown?

by Anonymousreply 6209/07/2020

[quote]When did he masterbate [sic]?

R51, back in Season One, in the scene depicted in OP's pic, just before he coerced Starlight into performing fellatio on him. R14 is talking about his visible arm movements, suggesting he had a long dick.

by Anonymousreply 6309/07/2020

[quote]Why did The Deep shave his body and head at the end of Season 1?

Just his head, R60. It has become a trope in films/television as far as depicting extreme emotional distress or crisis. Think Luke Wilson in 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐬 (2001), just before he attempted suicide. It's related to the practice of cutting; same sorts of motivations.

by Anonymousreply 6409/07/2020

I find this show too grim.

by Anonymousreply 6509/08/2020

One of its best features r65.

by Anonymousreply 6609/08/2020

[quote]Just his head, [R60]

i re-watched last episode from S1 and he shaves his body....they show him doing it.

Plus now in s2 we see he actually has hair growing back on his chest and stomach (which I like!)

by Anonymousreply 6709/09/2020

As I was watching episode 3, it struck me that most of the Seven are wearing gloves as part of their uniforms, except Maeve and A-Train - they have forearm sleeve things instead. Gloves seem to be a required item to the superhero ensemble: Ironman, Batman, Capt America, Catwoman, Black Panther, Deadpool, etc. Got me thinking.... why gloves? They'd be hot and just an unnecessary barrier.

by Anonymousreply 6809/10/2020

R20, there's one full-frontal male nudity scene in season 1. It wasn't "The Deep" though, it was the invisible guy who got killed.

by Anonymousreply 6909/10/2020

Chace has very big bushy eyebrows. Bet he's also very hairy "down there".

by Anonymousreply 7009/10/2020

He doesn't look particularly hairy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7109/10/2020

He was such a pretty yute.

by Anonymousreply 7209/10/2020

Ep. 4 was waaaaaay too talky. It astonishes me it that amazon allowed it to be an extra nine minutes beyond the hour length. They could have easily cut back the dialogue scenes with Butcher and Becca, and with Hughie and Starlight, and the monologues from the auditioning girls.

Kripke seems incredibly self-indulgent because he knows he's making a fortune for amazon.prime right now and they'll give him whatever he wants. Despite the fact that Karl Urban and Jack Quaid are weak in their roles (Quaid is completely miscast), we were forced to see the two of them "act"--inadequately--all over the place tonight.

The only scenes that got me interested were those with Homelander (Anthony Starr is terrific--I'm always afraid he's going to go off suddenly, and he often does) and the big meeting with Dawnn Lewis. She is a terrific actress.

by Anonymousreply 7309/10/2020

Who should have played the Urban and Quaid roles?

by Anonymousreply 7409/10/2020

Reviews like r73 are about the reviewer and not the material.

by Anonymousreply 7509/10/2020

[quote]He doesn't look particularly hairy.

he's gotten hairier, in a good way. watch Ep 3 where he's talking to his gills, you see his stomach and chest hair has grown back.

by Anonymousreply 7609/11/2020

[quote]here's one full-frontal male nudity scene in season 1. It wasn't "The Deep" though, it was the invisible guy who got killed.

Yeah i need to find a screen grab :) He seemed hot :)

by Anonymousreply 7709/11/2020

Ugh, I wish Hughie was so unattractive, it’s constantly distracting. If they wanted to go nepotism and nerdy they should have stayed with the standard of Colin Hanks.

by Anonymousreply 7809/11/2020

I wish Logan Lerman had done this show instead of that horrible Hunters show. He'd be perfect as Hughie.

by Anonymousreply 7909/11/2020

I'm with the pair of commenters above: I find Frenchie to be sexy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 8009/11/2020

[quote]Ep. 4 was waaaaaay too talky. It astonishes me it that amazon allowed it to be an extra nine minutes beyond the hour length. They could have easily cut back the dialogue scenes with Butcher and Becca, and with Hughie and Starlight, and the monologues from the auditioning girls.

They could have easily pushed Deep's storyline to another episode but I guess it is fitting for an episode dealing with relationships.

We got a glimpse of Frenchie's ass so that's a plus.

by Anonymousreply 8109/11/2020

In episode four I thought Starlight would turn out to be Doppelganger reporting back to Homelander after the road trip. But then we got that creepy scene at the end.

I think that show has the potential to turn off any nerd's obsession with superheroes for good. They do some fucked up shit on the show. Including that Lady Liberty in the flashback scene (the still alive victim on the hood of the car will probably give me nightmares for days).

by Anonymousreply 8209/11/2020

R82 Was it me or was that purposely an Emmet Till reference in how he looked?

by Anonymousreply 8309/11/2020

I want them to bring back whoever it is who assassinates people by blowing up their heads.

by Anonymousreply 8409/11/2020

I like the woman who plays their new PR person since Madelyn Stillwell was murdered. She looks like Martha Plimpton. You just know her character is going to meet a horrible death at the hands of either Homelander or Stormfront.

by Anonymousreply 8509/11/2020

Did you see the first season at all, R85? That "new PR person" is not a new character, but an old one. She used to work for Madelyn Stillwell, but was fired after Starlight's public meltdown at the 'Believe Expo' (S01E05, 'Good For the Soul').

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8609/12/2020

Sorry, I should have said 'their new MAIN PR Person.""

Yes, I do remember her.

by Anonymousreply 8709/12/2020

“You used to get my coffee.”

—Homelander

by Anonymousreply 8809/12/2020

Black Noir is good-looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8909/12/2020

Now that Homelander has pissed off A-Train and Maeve, it would be nice to see them decide to hook up with The Boys and Starlight to take down Vought. If The Deep balks at all of the hoops his new church is making him jump through and decides to split, he could join in too.

by Anonymousreply 9009/12/2020

Black Noir's done a good job this season. He has to convey a lot of emotion through body attitude since he stays mute, and he's terrific at it. he was broken up when it was revealed Compound V was responsible for the supes, and then he was very menacing when he made the South Asian girl find Butcher.

by Anonymousreply 9109/12/2020

The Collective is Scientology and the interviewing for a partner was all a riffed on Tom Cruise right?

by Anonymousreply 9209/12/2020

Yes, R92.

by Anonymousreply 9309/12/2020

Is that a spoiler at r89 or is that just the stand-in for Black Noir? I thought the guy was someone we knew?

by Anonymousreply 9409/12/2020

[quote]Is that a spoiler at [R89] or is that just the stand-in for Black Noir? I thought the guy was someone we knew?

Maybe if/when they reveal Black Noir's face it will be someone else, but Nathan Mitchell has always been the one in the suit.

by Anonymousreply 9509/12/2020

Stormfront is out of her league, visually.

by Anonymousreply 9609/12/2020

R86 Yes. The character’s name is Ashley. I love her over-acting and they way she constantly mentions data from demographic polls like a good capitalist bitch. But it is obvious she will have an horrible death, soon. BTW, I am surprised the actress hasn’t gotten a nose job yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9709/12/2020

And Elizabeth Shue was genius in her role as Madelyn Stillwell. Such a flawless MILF.

by Anonymousreply 9809/12/2020

Elisabeth Shue was funny in something?!

by Anonymousreply 9909/12/2020

I'm guessing all that backstory about MM's father and about MM's OCD will amount to something down the line.

by Anonymousreply 10009/14/2020

I wonder where A-train will shake out since Vought and Homelander fired him. Will he go up against them alone (and die) or hook up with Butcher & Co (and die)?

The actor is hot.

by Anonymousreply 10109/15/2020

The Deep needs to be the object of some tentacle porn. He'll discover his real superpower is being penetrated.

by Anonymousreply 10209/15/2020

I wonder if it's a stunt ass.

by Anonymousreply 10309/15/2020

Anyone watching the Prime Rewind after show? It gives some nice insight into some of the episode. But I just keep coming back to how much better this would be if they recast the Hughie actor’s role, he just so excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 10409/15/2020

Sounds like a 'you' problem, R104.

by Anonymousreply 10509/16/2020

[quote] Anyone watching the Prime Rewind after show? It g

I only see a Season 1 Inside The Boys. are there any for S2?

by Anonymousreply 10609/17/2020

R106 It’s only the first season for this after show, so there’s only a season one. They didn’t do it for season one of the Boys because it all dropped at once. Since they are releasing weekly this season it fits better with the viewing structure to have the after show.

If they were smart, they would just list the episode of the after show following the episode, but they have a whole other entry point for it that I bet many people miss. That’s why I threw out that post to see if others were watching too. Anyone know who the host of it is, she seems like an interesting person, but quite raunchy.

by Anonymousreply 10709/17/2020

[quote] Sounds like a 'you' problem, [R104].

No, it doesn't at all. He's right.

by Anonymousreply 10809/17/2020

[quote]. Anyone know who the host of it is, she seems like an interesting person, but quite raunchy.

It's comedian/actress/former host of Talk Soup Aisha Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 10909/17/2020

Your forget late in life lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 11009/17/2020

Better late in life than never in life.

by Anonymousreply 11109/17/2020

[quote][R106] It’s only the first season for this after show, so there’s only a season one. They didn’t do it for season one of the Boys because it all dropped at once. Since they are releasing weekly this season it fits better with the viewing structure to have the after show.

Wow that is horrible UX! I looked at it and thought it was the after show FOR SEASON 1!

by Anonymousreply 11209/17/2020

I just loaded it..... it is Inside Season 1, i.e. it's about Season 1 apparently.

by Anonymousreply 11309/17/2020

The marketing guys from the aftershow should've incorporated something that makes it clear that the aftershow's season one is for The Boys: Season Two.

by Anonymousreply 11409/17/2020

The first episode covers the whole first season as a wrap up /refresher and then subsequent episodes cover the episodes of season two.

by Anonymousreply 11509/17/2020

But there’s only 1 episode available

by Anonymousreply 11609/17/2020

Hughie and Starlight singing to Billy Joel in last week's episode was nausea inducing. If I was MM, I would have run the car off the road into a tree to shut them both up.

by Anonymousreply 11709/17/2020

Yeah, did they buy out the whole Billy Joel catalogue? Was that featured heavily in the comics?

by Anonymousreply 11809/17/2020

Whoever guessed that clip of Homelander slaughtering all those people in the crowd with heat vision would turn out just to be a daydream was right on the money.

He's such an interesting looking actor. He looks like he was once soap opera handsome but is aging out of his looks. It's the perfect look for the role, and he's a good actor too.

I hadn't been shocked by any of the violence yet this season, but the Female ripping off that mobster's face shocked me so much I spilled the sparkling water I was drinking all over me.

by Anonymousreply 11909/17/2020

Katie Couric has really fallen by playing herself in this show in such a throwaway scene. Can you imagine Walter Cronkite doing that?

by Anonymousreply 12009/17/2020

Aya Cash is really great in her role.

I like the woman who was playing Butcher's aunt. I don't know the actress, but she looks like Bill Nighy in drag.

by Anonymousreply 12109/17/2020

Goran Visnjic had a tiny part tonight--only about a second's appearance--as the head of the Scientology-like church. But I recognized him instantly,

by Anonymousreply 12209/17/2020

[quote]the Female ripping off that mobster's face shocked me so much I spilled the sparkling water I was drinking all over me.

Only on the Datalounge kids.

by Anonymousreply 12309/17/2020

r123, you forgot: M A R Y!

by Anonymousreply 12409/18/2020

I feel very sorry for Queen Maeve's ex-girlfriend, Elena. She basically has a permanent target on her back, and she'll never be safe while Homelander is alive. I'm very curious what Maeve's plan is to save her that involves the Deep.

One of the biggest points of curiosity for me is what kind of fail-safe plan Vought has in store if either Homelander or Stormfront turn on them. they seem fully aware of how unstable they both are, and yet Mr. Edgar seems to be completely confident he can keep them both in check. They must have some sort of plan for how to stop them if they run amok.

The worst thing about the show is that the Boys themselves are so much more less interesting to me than the Seven. Since they have no powers, really their only weapons are subterfuge and blackmail, and while it might be interesting to see normal people cope with fighting supes, I find all of them uninteresting. They're mostly antisocial jerks and sociopaths, except for MM and Hughie, and so far MM is not very interesting (though the actor who plays him is charismatic) and Hughie is whiny. I like the actor who plays Frenchie, but I just cannot stand Karl Urban's Butcher. He's completely unappealing--whenever he gets in a big fight (like today's episode) I don't root for him at all. Only Garth Ennis (who loves antisocial characters) could have created him.

by Anonymousreply 12509/18/2020

If only Katie would go after Tom about Scientology in the same way....

by Anonymousreply 12609/18/2020

Homelander's imagined outcome of the confrontation with the protesters was so hardcore. You just know sociopath Trump would come so hard if he ever sees that scene.

by Anonymousreply 12709/18/2020

Anthony Starr in the after shows with dark hair and glasses is so incredibly hot. Not sure I'd recognize him from Banshee.

by Anonymousreply 12809/18/2020

Anthony Starr is hot AF

by Anonymousreply 12909/18/2020

[quote] They must have some sort of plan for how to stop them if they run amok

Wouldn’t you?

by Anonymousreply 13009/19/2020

If the supes were on my payroll, I'd just put a chip in their brain that would blow their heads off if they got too full of themselves. Like the CIA lady's did.

If they have the scientific ability to create Compound V that will create superheroes, then they'd have the ability to create nanobots that you could put in their food or drinks that were programmed to travel to their brains and wait for a signal.

by Anonymousreply 13109/19/2020

We don't know that exploding the CIA lady's brain was done by Vought with microchips--Hughie said he thought a supe assassin with the ability to make people's minds explode (like in the movies "Scanners") was in hiding nearby and did it unseen.

In any case--I'm not sure they could even do that with Homelander. They could have done that to Translucent, since only his skin was invulnerable; but they've suggested Homelander is invulnerable on the interior of his body just like on the exterior, much like Superman is.

by Anonymousreply 13209/19/2020

Maybe his kid will kill him? Homelander, Jr? Vought could just use the threat of his mom's safety and the kid would throw a tanty and off his pops.

by Anonymousreply 13309/20/2020

The mom is really kind of fucked. She needs Vaught to protect her and her son from Homelander, but can she trust them with her kid? They'll do all sorts of experiments now his powers have emerged.

by Anonymousreply 13409/20/2020

Apparently they recast the actor who plays Ryan with one of the twins from Big Little Lies. They give some ideas in the article, but nothing relating to him being twins. But they could expand the role and have both act and thus being kids have him able to do more screen time. Or they could easily do a split Good Ryan/ Bad Ryan storyline. Or a reveal that there were twins all along and Vought kept one and they are doing experiments with one as a controlled base. I think there’s a reason they went with twins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13509/20/2020

The souped up Supes have obviously been around for decades so surely hasn't one of them ever been a parent before? Have abilities been passed off to progeny before or is this the first time with Homelander, Jr., and, if so, why is this time different?

by Anonymousreply 13609/20/2020

r136

I think this was the first time it was passed down since the other were injected with the compound V

by Anonymousreply 13709/20/2020

r136. I think that's a difficult sell when these superheros are portrayed as fucked up taking it decades for them to cross the line of getting someone pregnant. It probably happened in the past, but like Compound V it was kept a secret by Vought. I wouldn't be surprised the whole town, where the mom is, is like a giant lab experiment where the superhero offspring is kept under observation in a so-called controlled environment.

by Anonymousreply 13809/20/2020

I want a laser eyed baby.

by Anonymousreply 13909/20/2020

Who wouldn't r139?

Except for the baby part.

by Anonymousreply 14009/20/2020

^careful when burping.

by Anonymousreply 14109/20/2020

[quote]I think that's a difficult sell when these superheros are portrayed as fucked up taking it decades for them to cross the line of getting someone pregnant.

It was established that Translucent had a son. So it seems that Homelander's spawn is the only one where the powers have been inherited. Or Homelander's powers are so special that Vought wanted to keep an eye on his kid.

by Anonymousreply 14209/20/2020

This has been my favorite show on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 14309/20/2020

This episode: we discover Frenchie is a huge Golden Girls fan. We also find out the truth about Stormfront (who it turns out is a 100 year-old Nazi).

The story didn't make a lot of sense to me. Given how easily Frenchy and Mallory have killed before, it made no sense to me they could not kill Lamplighter. I also didn't buy that Starlight would have been so callous about the Hyundai driver--that's just not her character.

by Anonymousreply 144Last Thursday at 7:49 PM

If Kimiko won't fuck Frenchie, I would. Chace Crawford has the body and he's cute and all, but I find Frenchie sexy.

I'm glad this episode was light on Homelander and gave room for the other characters.

by Anonymousreply 145Last Thursday at 10:21 PM

A unnecessary spinoff is in the works.

“The Boys” are going to school. Amazon has announced a spinoff of its popular satirical superhero series that the company has billed “part college show, part ‘Hunger Games’ — with all the heart, satire and raunch of ‘The Boys.'”

Per Amazon, the show will be “set at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (and run by Vought International). ‘The Untitled Boys Spinoff’ is an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive Supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146Last Thursday at 11:48 PM

A friend just auditioned for Season 3, for a new character, a superhero from New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 147Last Friday at 5:09 AM

Of course the show had to make an episode where Stargirl and Butcher bond over Hughie. Interesting episode though.

by Anonymousreply 148Last Friday at 7:49 AM

Any epo

by Anonymousreply 149Last Friday at 7:53 AM

Sorry, about that! Any episode that has Hughie passed out and unresponsive most of the time and we don’t have to hear him or see him much is a good one. This show is so good except for him as the weakest link. Maybe he’ll get recast?

by Anonymousreply 150Last Friday at 7:55 AM

I'm hoping they dose Hughie with Compound V and turn him into a baddie supe. Or whatever. Something, anything, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 151Last Friday at 8:16 AM

IIRC in the comics, all the boys took compound V to level the playing field

by Anonymousreply 152Last Friday at 12:38 PM

No mention of the giant dick?

by Anonymousreply 153Last Friday at 4:41 PM

This show is so ... disturbing. So good, but disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 154Last Friday at 4:42 PM

It was done for laughs.

by Anonymousreply 155Last Friday at 4:46 PM

GIANT PREHENSILE KILLER PENIS!

by Anonymousreply 156Last Friday at 4:47 PM

I’m pretty impressed by the actress playing Stormfront, she’s starting to give an awards level performance.

by Anonymousreply 157Last Friday at 4:54 PM

R157, she was really good on You're the Worst. One of my favorite shows.

by Anonymousreply 158Last Friday at 5:05 PM

Love sausage lol

by Anonymousreply 159Last Friday at 5:16 PM

A new meaning to being choked by dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160Last Friday at 8:53 PM

Did we know Frenchie was bisexual before this episode? That was a nice surprise.

by Anonymousreply 16120 hours ago

r161

I thought he said he turned tricks but that doesn't make him bi(not that I would complain.. he is oddly sexy to me)

by Anonymousreply 16219 hours ago

There were a million references this episode that Frenchie was not straight r162. He used to turn tricks for a living, he seems to be in a poly relationship with a guy and a girl, he wants to hire chicks with dicks as strippers, he tells MM to be more open minded about the penis.

The writing was very purposefully trying to make a point about his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 16319 hours ago

OK, there are those who might disagree with me, but I stayed up all nights and binged Prime’s new show Utopia and I think this crowd would get into it as well. First off, it’s dark with lots of violence and central to the plot is a comic book sequel that everyone is after. Our heroes/anti heroes are a ragtag group of outsiders who meet at a Comic-Con convention and they’ve only known each other online. And one of the character’s from the comic book is a real life person who becomes part of the group, but is quite evil and extremely brutal.

John Cusack is in it and does of his best work in decades as a seemingly benevolent CEO, who may not be all that. The woman who wrote Gone Girl is one of the key creators adapting a Brit 2013 series. And I didn’t mention yet that it’s about a pandemic about to wipe out the US and whole world that they’re fighting to contain. The word timely is overused, but it’s like this was made for today. I’m considering starting a thread as I didn’t see one yet. Anyone else watch?

by Anonymousreply 16415 hours ago

I wouldn't mind seeing Hughie getting choked by a dick - outside of Hughie/Homelander slash fiction.

by Anonymousreply 16515 hours ago

I'm not sure I can watch something with John Cusack anymore, after finding out what an asshole bernie-bro "Male Susan Sarandon" arrogant fuckwad he is in real life.

by Anonymousreply 16613 hours ago

I find Antony Starr incredibly sexy.

Family?

by Anonymousreply 16712 hours ago

I don't know if he's gay, straight or in-between but he's gorgeous, R167.

by Anonymousreply 1689 hours ago

Looks good in pink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1699 hours ago

The real question is why did Frenchie think of himself as a Rose?

What we know about him is that he is a big slut and pretty cunning. Clearly he is a Blanche!

by Anonymousreply 1709 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!