Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Boys on Amazon. Season 2 Watch Party

The first three eps are out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326May 17, 2021 4:07 AM

Award nominations in Chace Crawford's future?

by Anonymousreply 1September 4, 2020 1:25 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

by Anonymousreply 2September 4, 2020 1:28 AM

I love Chace Crawford - he is so hot. Beautiful face and body.

by Anonymousreply 3September 4, 2020 2:50 AM

Finished the first ep.

It was good, reminded me why I enjoyed this show.

I love how Giancarlo is happy to just keep playing Gus. As he should be, he is great playing that character.

by Anonymousreply 4September 4, 2020 3:18 AM

Are they not releasing the entire season at the same time? what is the schedule for the rest of the episodes?

by Anonymousreply 5September 4, 2020 3:20 AM

That ass is spectacular. But could someone explain to me why The Deep would have that tan-line on his butt?

by Anonymousreply 6September 4, 2020 3:21 AM

How many sex scenes has Chace Crawford done for this show?

by Anonymousreply 7September 4, 2020 3:34 AM

Doesn't his character sleep with the fishes?

by Anonymousreply 8September 4, 2020 3:36 AM

Beautiful butt

by Anonymousreply 9September 4, 2020 3:39 AM

No r5. Amazon doesn't want the Netflix model for this.

Release 3 eps to begin, then one a week. They want to build up discussion, not just a weekend binge.

by Anonymousreply 10September 4, 2020 3:48 AM

I was really caught off-guard by the gratuitous cruelty to the blind superhero.

Even though I think the show is intelligent and mostly worthwhile, it bugs me that that sort of thing is the part of the show that some people most enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 11September 4, 2020 4:43 AM

Homelander's cruelty is terrifying in these three episodes. I thought he couldn't get any more evil than season one, but his sociopathic tendencies are cranked to eleven now.

by Anonymousreply 12September 4, 2020 6:48 AM

I imagine Homelander acts out now that he no longer has a mommy figure in his life to rein him in.

by Anonymousreply 13September 4, 2020 7:01 AM

The Deep had such a LONG stroke on the dick we could not see. One really got the impression he was working with 8 or 9. I hope it's a human cock and not hybrid. Did he agree to fuck the dolphin? Just mutual JO?

by Anonymousreply 14September 4, 2020 7:14 AM

Woah. Stormfront is one hardcore bitch who takes no prisoners. And after the ending of the third episode even Homelander can't touch her.

by Anonymousreply 15September 4, 2020 12:25 PM

During the rooftop confrontation I thought, "Oooh, Stormfront has a double meaning." The actress is excellent.

by Anonymousreply 16September 4, 2020 3:07 PM

I thought Chace Crawford was by far the best thing in the three episodes. His hallucination of his gills talking to him was hilariously disgusting. His character is so loathsome yet also you feel sorry for him... unlikely anyone else, which is the show's biggest problem. I just cannot sympathize with Hughie. He's like the Wesley Crusher of "The Boys."

I find the Seven are hugely more interesting than the boys, and the female members of the Seven are hugely more interesting than the male members (except for The Deep). Homelander always makes me tense because you never know when he's going to go off, but the character is actually not that interesting after we've seen what he's really like and how sadistic he is. I guess we'll just see him getting worse and worse as the series goes on.

I get really tired of Karl Urban's bristling and posing, which is more the fault of the writers than the actor, although his awful Mockney accent is his own fault.

It's okay this second season but so far not that scary. The cruelty sometimes makes you wince, but they've made the ultraviolence so over the top it's more hilarious than scary. I knew there was no way they were going to have the child be shown to seriously hurt after he was thrown off the roof--that seems to be too far even for them. Even when Stormfront killed the children in the apartment, they kept it off camera.

My guess is they will play with the fact that the actress playing Stormfront is (pretty obviously) Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 17September 5, 2020 4:24 AM

In the first episode of the second season Homelander opens the final bottle of Madelyn's breast milk and laps it up like a dog at the beginning. That was so fucking creepy.

by Anonymousreply 18September 5, 2020 5:36 AM

List of episodes with Chace Crawford nudity or sex, please.

You MIGHT get me to tune into the 30 billionth super hero show.

Seth Rogen jumped the shark ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 19September 5, 2020 6:36 AM

There's no frontal nudity ion the show.

Chace Crawford shows his ass in the first episode of season 1 and the last episode of season `1.

by Anonymousreply 20September 5, 2020 5:48 PM

Is it too late for Chace to become a movie star?

by Anonymousreply 21September 5, 2020 9:49 PM

I think he's still young enough he could become one.

But if he does, it would be as a superhero. He's too handsome and built to be a normal person or a character actor.

by Anonymousreply 22September 5, 2020 11:40 PM

Ugh, that ass is flat and the tan are lines ugly. Chace (body) on the show is a big problem. Looks like he is balding and the chest and armpit hair is gross.

by Anonymousreply 23September 5, 2020 11:45 PM

I don't think a skinhead haircut suits him. Fuller hair is his (and most people's) friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 5, 2020 11:49 PM

R24 Too much fillers on his face. His procedures to look younger are actually quite distracting and take away his credibility.

by Anonymousreply 25September 5, 2020 11:51 PM

He doesn't look frozen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 5, 2020 11:54 PM

I didn't like him when he was a twink stud but I find him very handsome now.

by Anonymousreply 27September 5, 2020 11:59 PM

R26 That was two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 28September 6, 2020 12:05 AM

This was from days ago, hon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 6, 2020 12:24 AM

He does look overly done. He should step back and be naturally handsome. But even overly done, he looks fine to me.

by Anonymousreply 30September 6, 2020 12:37 AM

I don't see it. I think he's a much more attractive man than he was as an overly styled twink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 6, 2020 12:49 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 6, 2020 12:49 AM

[quote] Ugh, that ass is flat and the tan are lines ugly.

The tan lines are indeed ugly, but the ass is not flat at all. the photo's shadows make it a bit confusing to see, but his ass sticks out--although it is a squared muscled ass rather than a bubble ass.

by Anonymousreply 33September 6, 2020 1:33 AM

R39 the Upper face looks overdone - his forehead doesn’t move at all....

by Anonymousreply 34September 6, 2020 9:32 AM

How did Meg and Dennis end up with a child that is a black hole of charisma?

by Anonymousreply 35September 6, 2020 3:48 PM

My fav is the cutie playing Frenchie

by Anonymousreply 36September 6, 2020 3:51 PM

He's incredibly sexy, R36

by Anonymousreply 37September 6, 2020 3:55 PM

Stormfront is played Aya Cash who is excellent in the tv show “Your the Worst”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 6, 2020 4:27 PM

Aya Cash is really good. I was surprised how she was able to shift this character from obnoxiously sassy in the first episode to cruel in the second episode to a psychopathic sadist in the third, all depending on who she was talking to and whether it was in front of cameras.

One of the weirdest things about these show, though, is that it acknowledges the power of social media, but nevertheless no one ever seems to have a cell phone handy to film and stream one of the supes when they go nuts and torture someone or hideously kill someone. They all think Homelander and Black Noir and Stormfront are heroes but somehow they have no idea of the truly horrible things they've done.

by Anonymousreply 39September 6, 2020 5:27 PM

I just finished my second pass watching the first three episodes. One of the things I noticed this time around was that Patton Oswalt does the voice for the Deep's gills.

Something they've left hanging to be answered in subsequent episodes is the relevance of older supe "Liberty," from the cover of the magazine that Colonel Mallory was reading; she asked Billy Butcher if he remembered her.

I'm sad that they've already written off Kenji, Kimiko's brother. He was cute.

by Anonymousreply 40September 6, 2020 11:05 PM

[Quote]I just finished my second pass watching the first three episodes

You've already watched them twice in the couple days it's been out?!

Maybe it's time for a long walk outside.

by Anonymousreply 41September 6, 2020 11:25 PM

"You'd be so nice to come home to..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 6, 2020 11:27 PM

[quote]You've already watched them twice in the couple days it's been out?!

Six hours out of 72 is nothing.

[quote]Something they've left hanging to be answered in subsequent episodes is the relevance of older supe "Liberty," from the cover of the magazine that Colonel Mallory was reading; she asked Billy Butcher if he remembered her.

Yeah, I'm sure she will also tie into that heavy exposition about the true origins behind Vought.

by Anonymousreply 43September 6, 2020 11:31 PM

R35 Jack Quaid is a much better actor than Chace. He seem very normal, indeed, but it fits his role on the show very well and makes him easy to related to.

by Anonymousreply 44September 6, 2020 11:32 PM

Much bloodier than Season 1, jeez. Also there was a lot more humor. Wish they'd lighten up a little. I mean the talking gills are good but how about a little peen once in a while?

The acting is good all around except for Butcher who leaves no scene unchewed. Chace has excellent comic timing. And all the evil bitches are really bringing it

by Anonymousreply 45September 6, 2020 11:50 PM

Jack Quaid never ends his sentences with a preposition.

by Anonymousreply 46September 6, 2020 11:50 PM

[Quote] Chace has excellent comic timing

Might he find work on the Broad Way?

by Anonymousreply 47September 6, 2020 11:51 PM

[quote]You've already watched them twice in the couple days it's been out?!

R41, the first time when they first came out, and the second time this afternoon with my best friend, who hadn't seen them yet. I probably won't again, unless there's some detail I subsequently need to reference or re-watch.

by Anonymousreply 48September 6, 2020 11:55 PM

Love the dark humor. Like Butcher's line of Pinocchio not wanting to get out of the whale.

by Anonymousreply 49September 7, 2020 9:55 AM

Chace’s character is just annoying. He plays it well but he sort of bores me

by Anonymousreply 50September 7, 2020 12:53 PM

r14

When did he masterbate?

by Anonymousreply 51September 7, 2020 6:14 PM

[quote] masterbate

Oh, [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 52September 7, 2020 6:34 PM

Can't believe I'm watching this series because of the bloody scenes. The humor seems to take the edge off the horror. At the end of each episode I feel like I've been on a carnival ride.

by Anonymousreply 53September 7, 2020 6:44 PM

Like the deep is going to wear a Speedo with those disgusting gills.

by Anonymousreply 54September 7, 2020 7:31 PM

How many times has Hughie had to clean viscera off his head?

by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2020 7:31 PM

If he kept his vest on while you had sex, The Deep would be be a hot fuck,.

by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2020 9:38 PM

The gils talk. I assume they can deep throat.

by Anonymousreply 57September 7, 2020 9:39 PM

They did that scene in Season 1 r57. A girl fingered his gills, it is apparently super painful.

by Anonymousreply 58September 7, 2020 9:41 PM

That was before Deep learned to love his body. Now they might be erogenous zones.

by Anonymousreply 59September 7, 2020 9:45 PM

Why did The Deep shave his body and head at the end of Season 1?

by Anonymousreply 60September 7, 2020 9:50 PM

That is a magnificent butt - I wonder if it's actually his or a body double.

by Anonymousreply 61September 7, 2020 9:50 PM

r60, because he had a Britney Spears type of meltdlown?

by Anonymousreply 62September 7, 2020 10:03 PM

[quote]When did he masterbate [sic]?

R51, back in Season One, in the scene depicted in OP's pic, just before he coerced Starlight into performing fellatio on him. R14 is talking about his visible arm movements, suggesting he had a long dick.

by Anonymousreply 63September 8, 2020 2:30 AM

[quote]Why did The Deep shave his body and head at the end of Season 1?

Just his head, R60. It has become a trope in films/television as far as depicting extreme emotional distress or crisis. Think Luke Wilson in 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐬 (2001), just before he attempted suicide. It's related to the practice of cutting; same sorts of motivations.

by Anonymousreply 64September 8, 2020 3:02 AM

I find this show too grim.

by Anonymousreply 65September 8, 2020 7:02 PM

One of its best features r65.

by Anonymousreply 66September 8, 2020 7:30 PM

[quote]Just his head, [R60]

i re-watched last episode from S1 and he shaves his body....they show him doing it.

Plus now in s2 we see he actually has hair growing back on his chest and stomach (which I like!)

by Anonymousreply 67September 9, 2020 9:37 PM

As I was watching episode 3, it struck me that most of the Seven are wearing gloves as part of their uniforms, except Maeve and A-Train - they have forearm sleeve things instead. Gloves seem to be a required item to the superhero ensemble: Ironman, Batman, Capt America, Catwoman, Black Panther, Deadpool, etc. Got me thinking.... why gloves? They'd be hot and just an unnecessary barrier.

by Anonymousreply 68September 11, 2020 4:15 AM

R20, there's one full-frontal male nudity scene in season 1. It wasn't "The Deep" though, it was the invisible guy who got killed.

by Anonymousreply 69September 11, 2020 4:38 AM

Chace has very big bushy eyebrows. Bet he's also very hairy "down there".

by Anonymousreply 70September 11, 2020 5:04 AM

He doesn't look particularly hairy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 11, 2020 5:12 AM

He was such a pretty yute.

by Anonymousreply 72September 11, 2020 5:14 AM

Ep. 4 was waaaaaay too talky. It astonishes me it that amazon allowed it to be an extra nine minutes beyond the hour length. They could have easily cut back the dialogue scenes with Butcher and Becca, and with Hughie and Starlight, and the monologues from the auditioning girls.

Kripke seems incredibly self-indulgent because he knows he's making a fortune for amazon.prime right now and they'll give him whatever he wants. Despite the fact that Karl Urban and Jack Quaid are weak in their roles (Quaid is completely miscast), we were forced to see the two of them "act"--inadequately--all over the place tonight.

The only scenes that got me interested were those with Homelander (Anthony Starr is terrific--I'm always afraid he's going to go off suddenly, and he often does) and the big meeting with Dawnn Lewis. She is a terrific actress.

by Anonymousreply 73September 11, 2020 5:50 AM

Who should have played the Urban and Quaid roles?

by Anonymousreply 74September 11, 2020 5:51 AM

Reviews like r73 are about the reviewer and not the material.

by Anonymousreply 75September 11, 2020 7:52 AM

[quote]He doesn't look particularly hairy.

he's gotten hairier, in a good way. watch Ep 3 where he's talking to his gills, you see his stomach and chest hair has grown back.

by Anonymousreply 76September 11, 2020 1:39 PM

[quote]here's one full-frontal male nudity scene in season 1. It wasn't "The Deep" though, it was the invisible guy who got killed.

Yeah i need to find a screen grab :) He seemed hot :)

by Anonymousreply 77September 11, 2020 1:39 PM

Ugh, I wish Hughie was so unattractive, it’s constantly distracting. If they wanted to go nepotism and nerdy they should have stayed with the standard of Colin Hanks.

by Anonymousreply 78September 11, 2020 2:48 PM

I wish Logan Lerman had done this show instead of that horrible Hunters show. He'd be perfect as Hughie.

by Anonymousreply 79September 11, 2020 5:01 PM

I'm with the pair of commenters above: I find Frenchie to be sexy as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 80September 11, 2020 5:14 PM

[quote]Ep. 4 was waaaaaay too talky. It astonishes me it that amazon allowed it to be an extra nine minutes beyond the hour length. They could have easily cut back the dialogue scenes with Butcher and Becca, and with Hughie and Starlight, and the monologues from the auditioning girls.

They could have easily pushed Deep's storyline to another episode but I guess it is fitting for an episode dealing with relationships.

We got a glimpse of Frenchie's ass so that's a plus.

by Anonymousreply 81September 11, 2020 7:17 PM

In episode four I thought Starlight would turn out to be Doppelganger reporting back to Homelander after the road trip. But then we got that creepy scene at the end.

I think that show has the potential to turn off any nerd's obsession with superheroes for good. They do some fucked up shit on the show. Including that Lady Liberty in the flashback scene (the still alive victim on the hood of the car will probably give me nightmares for days).

by Anonymousreply 82September 11, 2020 7:21 PM

R82 Was it me or was that purposely an Emmet Till reference in how he looked?

by Anonymousreply 83September 11, 2020 7:25 PM

I want them to bring back whoever it is who assassinates people by blowing up their heads.

by Anonymousreply 84September 12, 2020 6:10 AM

I like the woman who plays their new PR person since Madelyn Stillwell was murdered. She looks like Martha Plimpton. You just know her character is going to meet a horrible death at the hands of either Homelander or Stormfront.

by Anonymousreply 85September 12, 2020 6:20 AM

Did you see the first season at all, R85? That "new PR person" is not a new character, but an old one. She used to work for Madelyn Stillwell, but was fired after Starlight's public meltdown at the 'Believe Expo' (S01E05, 'Good For the Soul').

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 12, 2020 11:27 AM

Sorry, I should have said 'their new MAIN PR Person.""

Yes, I do remember her.

by Anonymousreply 87September 12, 2020 4:19 PM

“You used to get my coffee.”

—Homelander

by Anonymousreply 88September 12, 2020 4:23 PM

Black Noir is good-looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 12, 2020 5:17 PM

Now that Homelander has pissed off A-Train and Maeve, it would be nice to see them decide to hook up with The Boys and Starlight to take down Vought. If The Deep balks at all of the hoops his new church is making him jump through and decides to split, he could join in too.

by Anonymousreply 90September 12, 2020 5:19 PM

Black Noir's done a good job this season. He has to convey a lot of emotion through body attitude since he stays mute, and he's terrific at it. he was broken up when it was revealed Compound V was responsible for the supes, and then he was very menacing when he made the South Asian girl find Butcher.

by Anonymousreply 91September 12, 2020 5:27 PM

The Collective is Scientology and the interviewing for a partner was all a riffed on Tom Cruise right?

by Anonymousreply 92September 12, 2020 5:37 PM

Yes, R92.

by Anonymousreply 93September 12, 2020 5:41 PM

Is that a spoiler at r89 or is that just the stand-in for Black Noir? I thought the guy was someone we knew?

by Anonymousreply 94September 12, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote]Is that a spoiler at [R89] or is that just the stand-in for Black Noir? I thought the guy was someone we knew?

Maybe if/when they reveal Black Noir's face it will be someone else, but Nathan Mitchell has always been the one in the suit.

by Anonymousreply 95September 12, 2020 6:34 PM

Stormfront is out of her league, visually.

by Anonymousreply 96September 12, 2020 8:47 PM

R86 Yes. The character’s name is Ashley. I love her over-acting and they way she constantly mentions data from demographic polls like a good capitalist bitch. But it is obvious she will have an horrible death, soon. BTW, I am surprised the actress hasn’t gotten a nose job yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97September 13, 2020 12:53 AM

And Elizabeth Shue was genius in her role as Madelyn Stillwell. Such a flawless MILF.

by Anonymousreply 98September 13, 2020 12:57 AM

Elisabeth Shue was funny in something?!

by Anonymousreply 99September 13, 2020 4:32 AM

I'm guessing all that backstory about MM's father and about MM's OCD will amount to something down the line.

by Anonymousreply 100September 14, 2020 9:36 PM

I wonder where A-train will shake out since Vought and Homelander fired him. Will he go up against them alone (and die) or hook up with Butcher & Co (and die)?

The actor is hot.

by Anonymousreply 101September 15, 2020 12:25 PM

The Deep needs to be the object of some tentacle porn. He'll discover his real superpower is being penetrated.

by Anonymousreply 102September 15, 2020 12:32 PM

I wonder if it's a stunt ass.

by Anonymousreply 103September 15, 2020 10:52 PM

Anyone watching the Prime Rewind after show? It gives some nice insight into some of the episode. But I just keep coming back to how much better this would be if they recast the Hughie actor’s role, he just so excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 104September 16, 2020 12:41 AM

Sounds like a 'you' problem, R104.

by Anonymousreply 105September 16, 2020 11:45 AM

[quote] Anyone watching the Prime Rewind after show? It g

I only see a Season 1 Inside The Boys. are there any for S2?

by Anonymousreply 106September 17, 2020 2:46 PM

R106 It’s only the first season for this after show, so there’s only a season one. They didn’t do it for season one of the Boys because it all dropped at once. Since they are releasing weekly this season it fits better with the viewing structure to have the after show.

If they were smart, they would just list the episode of the after show following the episode, but they have a whole other entry point for it that I bet many people miss. That’s why I threw out that post to see if others were watching too. Anyone know who the host of it is, she seems like an interesting person, but quite raunchy.

by Anonymousreply 107September 17, 2020 3:13 PM

[quote] Sounds like a 'you' problem, [R104].

No, it doesn't at all. He's right.

by Anonymousreply 108September 17, 2020 3:17 PM

[quote]. Anyone know who the host of it is, she seems like an interesting person, but quite raunchy.

It's comedian/actress/former host of Talk Soup Aisha Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 109September 17, 2020 4:12 PM

Your forget late in life lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 110September 17, 2020 4:13 PM

Better late in life than never in life.

by Anonymousreply 111September 17, 2020 4:27 PM

[quote][R106] It’s only the first season for this after show, so there’s only a season one. They didn’t do it for season one of the Boys because it all dropped at once. Since they are releasing weekly this season it fits better with the viewing structure to have the after show.

Wow that is horrible UX! I looked at it and thought it was the after show FOR SEASON 1!

by Anonymousreply 112September 17, 2020 7:25 PM

I just loaded it..... it is Inside Season 1, i.e. it's about Season 1 apparently.

by Anonymousreply 113September 17, 2020 10:05 PM

The marketing guys from the aftershow should've incorporated something that makes it clear that the aftershow's season one is for The Boys: Season Two.

by Anonymousreply 114September 17, 2020 10:09 PM

The first episode covers the whole first season as a wrap up /refresher and then subsequent episodes cover the episodes of season two.

by Anonymousreply 115September 17, 2020 10:09 PM

But there’s only 1 episode available

by Anonymousreply 116September 18, 2020 1:13 AM

Hughie and Starlight singing to Billy Joel in last week's episode was nausea inducing. If I was MM, I would have run the car off the road into a tree to shut them both up.

by Anonymousreply 117September 18, 2020 2:05 AM

Yeah, did they buy out the whole Billy Joel catalogue? Was that featured heavily in the comics?

by Anonymousreply 118September 18, 2020 2:20 AM

Whoever guessed that clip of Homelander slaughtering all those people in the crowd with heat vision would turn out just to be a daydream was right on the money.

He's such an interesting looking actor. He looks like he was once soap opera handsome but is aging out of his looks. It's the perfect look for the role, and he's a good actor too.

I hadn't been shocked by any of the violence yet this season, but the Female ripping off that mobster's face shocked me so much I spilled the sparkling water I was drinking all over me.

by Anonymousreply 119September 18, 2020 5:28 AM

Katie Couric has really fallen by playing herself in this show in such a throwaway scene. Can you imagine Walter Cronkite doing that?

by Anonymousreply 120September 18, 2020 5:29 AM

Aya Cash is really great in her role.

I like the woman who was playing Butcher's aunt. I don't know the actress, but she looks like Bill Nighy in drag.

by Anonymousreply 121September 18, 2020 5:52 AM

Goran Visnjic had a tiny part tonight--only about a second's appearance--as the head of the Scientology-like church. But I recognized him instantly,

by Anonymousreply 122September 18, 2020 6:12 AM

[quote]the Female ripping off that mobster's face shocked me so much I spilled the sparkling water I was drinking all over me.

Only on the Datalounge kids.

by Anonymousreply 123September 18, 2020 7:47 AM

r123, you forgot: M A R Y!

by Anonymousreply 124September 18, 2020 2:00 PM

I feel very sorry for Queen Maeve's ex-girlfriend, Elena. She basically has a permanent target on her back, and she'll never be safe while Homelander is alive. I'm very curious what Maeve's plan is to save her that involves the Deep.

One of the biggest points of curiosity for me is what kind of fail-safe plan Vought has in store if either Homelander or Stormfront turn on them. they seem fully aware of how unstable they both are, and yet Mr. Edgar seems to be completely confident he can keep them both in check. They must have some sort of plan for how to stop them if they run amok.

The worst thing about the show is that the Boys themselves are so much more less interesting to me than the Seven. Since they have no powers, really their only weapons are subterfuge and blackmail, and while it might be interesting to see normal people cope with fighting supes, I find all of them uninteresting. They're mostly antisocial jerks and sociopaths, except for MM and Hughie, and so far MM is not very interesting (though the actor who plays him is charismatic) and Hughie is whiny. I like the actor who plays Frenchie, but I just cannot stand Karl Urban's Butcher. He's completely unappealing--whenever he gets in a big fight (like today's episode) I don't root for him at all. Only Garth Ennis (who loves antisocial characters) could have created him.

by Anonymousreply 125September 18, 2020 6:51 PM

If only Katie would go after Tom about Scientology in the same way....

by Anonymousreply 126September 18, 2020 7:59 PM

Homelander's imagined outcome of the confrontation with the protesters was so hardcore. You just know sociopath Trump would come so hard if he ever sees that scene.

by Anonymousreply 127September 18, 2020 8:06 PM

Anthony Starr in the after shows with dark hair and glasses is so incredibly hot. Not sure I'd recognize him from Banshee.

by Anonymousreply 128September 18, 2020 8:13 PM

Anthony Starr is hot AF

by Anonymousreply 129September 18, 2020 8:43 PM

[quote] They must have some sort of plan for how to stop them if they run amok

Wouldn’t you?

by Anonymousreply 130September 19, 2020 7:11 PM

If the supes were on my payroll, I'd just put a chip in their brain that would blow their heads off if they got too full of themselves. Like the CIA lady's did.

If they have the scientific ability to create Compound V that will create superheroes, then they'd have the ability to create nanobots that you could put in their food or drinks that were programmed to travel to their brains and wait for a signal.

by Anonymousreply 131September 19, 2020 7:41 PM

We don't know that exploding the CIA lady's brain was done by Vought with microchips--Hughie said he thought a supe assassin with the ability to make people's minds explode (like in the movies "Scanners") was in hiding nearby and did it unseen.

In any case--I'm not sure they could even do that with Homelander. They could have done that to Translucent, since only his skin was invulnerable; but they've suggested Homelander is invulnerable on the interior of his body just like on the exterior, much like Superman is.

by Anonymousreply 132September 19, 2020 9:50 PM

Maybe his kid will kill him? Homelander, Jr? Vought could just use the threat of his mom's safety and the kid would throw a tanty and off his pops.

by Anonymousreply 133September 20, 2020 8:24 AM

The mom is really kind of fucked. She needs Vaught to protect her and her son from Homelander, but can she trust them with her kid? They'll do all sorts of experiments now his powers have emerged.

by Anonymousreply 134September 20, 2020 8:28 AM

Apparently they recast the actor who plays Ryan with one of the twins from Big Little Lies. They give some ideas in the article, but nothing relating to him being twins. But they could expand the role and have both act and thus being kids have him able to do more screen time. Or they could easily do a split Good Ryan/ Bad Ryan storyline. Or a reveal that there were twins all along and Vought kept one and they are doing experiments with one as a controlled base. I think there’s a reason they went with twins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135September 20, 2020 2:22 PM

The souped up Supes have obviously been around for decades so surely hasn't one of them ever been a parent before? Have abilities been passed off to progeny before or is this the first time with Homelander, Jr., and, if so, why is this time different?

by Anonymousreply 136September 20, 2020 3:27 PM

r136

I think this was the first time it was passed down since the other were injected with the compound V

by Anonymousreply 137September 20, 2020 3:36 PM

r136. I think that's a difficult sell when these superheros are portrayed as fucked up taking it decades for them to cross the line of getting someone pregnant. It probably happened in the past, but like Compound V it was kept a secret by Vought. I wouldn't be surprised the whole town, where the mom is, is like a giant lab experiment where the superhero offspring is kept under observation in a so-called controlled environment.

by Anonymousreply 138September 20, 2020 3:47 PM

I want a laser eyed baby.

by Anonymousreply 139September 20, 2020 4:03 PM

Who wouldn't r139?

Except for the baby part.

by Anonymousreply 140September 20, 2020 4:29 PM

^careful when burping.

by Anonymousreply 141September 20, 2020 4:30 PM

[quote]I think that's a difficult sell when these superheros are portrayed as fucked up taking it decades for them to cross the line of getting someone pregnant.

It was established that Translucent had a son. So it seems that Homelander's spawn is the only one where the powers have been inherited. Or Homelander's powers are so special that Vought wanted to keep an eye on his kid.

by Anonymousreply 142September 20, 2020 8:56 PM

This has been my favorite show on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 143September 20, 2020 9:12 PM

This episode: we discover Frenchie is a huge Golden Girls fan. We also find out the truth about Stormfront (who it turns out is a 100 year-old Nazi).

The story didn't make a lot of sense to me. Given how easily Frenchy and Mallory have killed before, it made no sense to me they could not kill Lamplighter. I also didn't buy that Starlight would have been so callous about the Hyundai driver--that's just not her character.

by Anonymousreply 144September 25, 2020 3:49 AM

If Kimiko won't fuck Frenchie, I would. Chace Crawford has the body and he's cute and all, but I find Frenchie sexy.

I'm glad this episode was light on Homelander and gave room for the other characters.

by Anonymousreply 145September 25, 2020 6:21 AM

A unnecessary spinoff is in the works.

“The Boys” are going to school. Amazon has announced a spinoff of its popular satirical superhero series that the company has billed “part college show, part ‘Hunger Games’ — with all the heart, satire and raunch of ‘The Boys.'”

Per Amazon, the show will be “set at America’s only college exclusively for young adult superheroes (and run by Vought International). ‘The Untitled Boys Spinoff’ is an irreverent, R-rated series that explores the lives of hormonal, competitive Supes as they put their physical, sexual, and moral boundaries to the test, competing for the best contracts in the best cities.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 25, 2020 7:48 AM

A friend just auditioned for Season 3, for a new character, a superhero from New Jersey.

by Anonymousreply 147September 25, 2020 1:09 PM

Of course the show had to make an episode where Stargirl and Butcher bond over Hughie. Interesting episode though.

by Anonymousreply 148September 25, 2020 3:49 PM

Any epo

by Anonymousreply 149September 25, 2020 3:53 PM

Sorry, about that! Any episode that has Hughie passed out and unresponsive most of the time and we don’t have to hear him or see him much is a good one. This show is so good except for him as the weakest link. Maybe he’ll get recast?

by Anonymousreply 150September 25, 2020 3:55 PM

I'm hoping they dose Hughie with Compound V and turn him into a baddie supe. Or whatever. Something, anything, ffs.

by Anonymousreply 151September 25, 2020 4:16 PM

IIRC in the comics, all the boys took compound V to level the playing field

by Anonymousreply 152September 25, 2020 8:38 PM

No mention of the giant dick?

by Anonymousreply 153September 26, 2020 12:41 AM

This show is so ... disturbing. So good, but disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 154September 26, 2020 12:42 AM

It was done for laughs.

by Anonymousreply 155September 26, 2020 12:46 AM

GIANT PREHENSILE KILLER PENIS!

by Anonymousreply 156September 26, 2020 12:47 AM

I’m pretty impressed by the actress playing Stormfront, she’s starting to give an awards level performance.

by Anonymousreply 157September 26, 2020 12:54 AM

R157, she was really good on You're the Worst. One of my favorite shows.

by Anonymousreply 158September 26, 2020 1:05 AM

Love sausage lol

by Anonymousreply 159September 26, 2020 1:16 AM

A new meaning to being choked by dick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160September 26, 2020 4:53 AM

Did we know Frenchie was bisexual before this episode? That was a nice surprise.

by Anonymousreply 161September 26, 2020 12:21 PM

r161

I thought he said he turned tricks but that doesn't make him bi(not that I would complain.. he is oddly sexy to me)

by Anonymousreply 162September 26, 2020 1:33 PM

There were a million references this episode that Frenchie was not straight r162. He used to turn tricks for a living, he seems to be in a poly relationship with a guy and a girl, he wants to hire chicks with dicks as strippers, he tells MM to be more open minded about the penis.

The writing was very purposefully trying to make a point about his sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 163September 26, 2020 1:41 PM

OK, there are those who might disagree with me, but I stayed up all nights and binged Prime’s new show Utopia and I think this crowd would get into it as well. First off, it’s dark with lots of violence and central to the plot is a comic book sequel that everyone is after. Our heroes/anti heroes are a ragtag group of outsiders who meet at a Comic-Con convention and they’ve only known each other online. And one of the character’s from the comic book is a real life person who becomes part of the group, but is quite evil and extremely brutal.

John Cusack is in it and does of his best work in decades as a seemingly benevolent CEO, who may not be all that. The woman who wrote Gone Girl is one of the key creators adapting a Brit 2013 series. And I didn’t mention yet that it’s about a pandemic about to wipe out the US and whole world that they’re fighting to contain. The word timely is overused, but it’s like this was made for today. I’m considering starting a thread as I didn’t see one yet. Anyone else watch?

by Anonymousreply 164September 26, 2020 5:19 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Hughie getting choked by a dick - outside of Hughie/Homelander slash fiction.

by Anonymousreply 165September 26, 2020 5:23 PM

I'm not sure I can watch something with John Cusack anymore, after finding out what an asshole bernie-bro "Male Susan Sarandon" arrogant fuckwad he is in real life.

by Anonymousreply 166September 26, 2020 7:00 PM

I find Antony Starr incredibly sexy.

Family?

by Anonymousreply 167September 26, 2020 8:18 PM

I don't know if he's gay, straight or in-between but he's gorgeous, R167.

by Anonymousreply 168September 26, 2020 11:20 PM

Looks good in pink.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169September 26, 2020 11:21 PM

The real question is why did Frenchie think of himself as a Rose?

What we know about him is that he is a big slut and pretty cunning. Clearly he is a Blanche!

by Anonymousreply 170September 26, 2020 11:25 PM

There is absolutely nothing sexy or handsome about Homelander, and I mean physically, outside of his repugnant character.

by Anonymousreply 171September 27, 2020 1:10 AM

Starlight is going to totally pull a Dazzler against Stormfront.

Dazzler absorbs sound to turn into light.

Starlight absorbs electricity to turn into light.

Stormfront goes ⚡️ ⚡️ and Starlight gets supercharged and goes ✨ ✨

RIP ☠️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172September 27, 2020 1:17 AM

Not Homelander, no. The actor playing him? YES. THAT GUY is hot af

by Anonymousreply 173September 27, 2020 2:10 AM

He was very hot on Banshee too

by Anonymousreply 174September 27, 2020 4:09 AM

Banshee is a criminally under-rated show.

by Anonymousreply 175September 27, 2020 4:11 AM

[quote]No mention of the giant dick?

It looked uncut!

by Anonymousreply 176September 27, 2020 1:21 PM

R150 Quaid is not the weakest link. It’s just that the character he portages is very normal, ordinary and unremarkable. I mean, Hughie is a huge Billy Joel fan and used to work at an electronics store. What do you expect?

IMO the weakest link is Tomer Kapon, unfortunately. His acting is by far not crazy and eccentric enough to make the character Frenchie believable. I get the impression that Frenchie is a useless guy who doesn’t managed to do anything successfully. There is nothing dangerous and threatening about him. The actress who portrays Cherie does a much better job. Cherie really seems a shady and ruthless person living in the shadows.

That said, Tomer is super sexy in real life, especially with more hair on his head. Watch the clip below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177September 27, 2020 1:49 PM

I don't mind Tomar, but his "French accent" is cartoony. Of course Karl Urban's british accent is also cartoony.

by Anonymousreply 178September 27, 2020 1:51 PM

r178

I thought that is Karl's real accent

by Anonymousreply 179September 27, 2020 1:56 PM

Karl Urban is from New Zealand, his character is supposed to be a Brit r179. He doesn't sound like any real British person.

by Anonymousreply 180September 27, 2020 1:58 PM

Quaid is horrible and deserves an attempt for us to pressure Prime to recast the part before the next season films.

by Anonymousreply 181September 27, 2020 2:01 PM

R181 what is so horrible and inadequate with his acting?

by Anonymousreply 182September 27, 2020 2:19 PM

Nothing. He's fine. He's playing an "everyman", and doing it fine.

by Anonymousreply 183September 27, 2020 3:19 PM

I think Quaid is fine too. He’s not very attractive though, but it works for the part.

I love Butchie’s “chewing the scenery” acting. I think that works too Love how he says cunt all the time. The show, IMO, just works on all levels.

Miss the Elisabeth Shue character though. Wonder if she’ll show up on Cobra Kai on Netflix. Another show I binged watched and that was crazy good.

by Anonymousreply 184September 27, 2020 3:32 PM

We're supposed to pull for Hughie and I agree that isn't happening with the current portrayal. Imagine if Logan Lerman had been cast in this role. Quaid has a punchable face and just can't portray the character in a way that we can empathize with him.

by Anonymousreply 185September 27, 2020 3:42 PM

R185 I don’t know. Logan would be easier on the eyes. But I don’t think the regular straight guys could identify more with Logan than with Quaid. Hughie is is supposed to be corny and not hot. He identifies with Billy Joel songs and his original girlfriend is also very average looking. But he doesn’t have to be anything special because the world around him is so fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 186September 27, 2020 3:49 PM

I have no problem with Quaid, but I resent the casting Aya Cash as Stormfront, mainly because I love her so much and resent having to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 187September 27, 2020 3:50 PM

R187 Aya is easily the best actress on the show. I love how she lets her intelligence and wit shine through the role. I hope she gets more famous and popular after this show.

by Anonymousreply 188September 27, 2020 4:04 PM

I really enjoy this show but still can’t get past Jack Quaid’s appearance. His face is so unappealing it is distracting. He looks like a wad of paper. And no charisma, a black hole even, as suggested upthread. I don’t buy him as a regular guy because of this, his appearance makes it clear that he is a nepotism hire. The Logan Lerman suggestions are right on.

by Anonymousreply 189September 27, 2020 4:05 PM

Logan Lerman has that show where he is part of a gang that hunts Nazis. I think it's called Hunters.

I think Quaid is quite effective as the bland average guy who gets thrown into all this chaos. And I find him physically appealing.

by Anonymousreply 190September 27, 2020 4:37 PM

JQ unattractiveness is a distraction from watching the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 27, 2020 5:09 PM

I think he looked terrible when he was on the hunger games. But loosing his baby fat, he looks more and more like his dad, who is handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192September 27, 2020 5:10 PM

When some of you start complaining about Jack Quaid, I thought it was becaise of his acting, lol.

by Anonymousreply 193September 27, 2020 5:12 PM

R193 You do realize he is the poster child for this thread on the unattractive offspring of celebrities?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 27, 2020 5:16 PM

I never cared for any of the superhero movies/franchises, as I'm more of a Mary Worth or Nancy kinda gal, but I'm loving The Boys. The acting is decent and the dark humor is right up my alley. I'll be watching. I've seen half the first episode and I'm hooked!

The Deep blackmailing Starlight for a little oral sex was hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195September 27, 2020 8:12 PM

I'm quite happy with the addition of Shawn Ashmore as Lamplighter.

by Anonymousreply 196September 27, 2020 10:17 PM

[quote] I never cared for any of the superhero movies/franchises, as I'm more of a Mary Worth or Nancy kinda gal, but I'm loving The Boys.

I'd like to see Homelander or Black Noir turn to Mary Worth for advice about their love lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197September 27, 2020 10:24 PM

So Frenchie's real name is Serge? And that is his real accent.

by Anonymousreply 198September 27, 2020 11:08 PM

Heh, you thought it was going to be revealed that was faking being French r198?

I guess that would have been a fun twist since Tomar doesn't speak French at all.

by Anonymousreply 199September 27, 2020 11:12 PM

No, r199, I was responding to r178's opinion that Frenchie's accent was "too cartoony".

by Anonymousreply 200September 27, 2020 11:15 PM

I'm honestly not sure what you mean r200.

The actor is Israeli, he puts on a French accent when he plays this character.

by Anonymousreply 201September 27, 2020 11:22 PM

(R164) I actually started watching it. It's not half bad. I haven't seen John Cusack in years. It'll give me something to watch while I'm waiting for Boys episodes. Really Amazon, one a week? No wonder Netflix is still kicking your ass. But it is hands down the best show I have ever seen on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 202September 28, 2020 3:17 AM

What stood out for me in Frenchie's first flashback scene, where they talked about who is which Golden Girl, is at the beginning they used the GG characters names and when it came to Frenchie he said he's Betty White. Not Rose, Betty White. You know, the last remaining Golden Girls leading actress alive.

by Anonymousreply 203September 28, 2020 2:17 PM

"Of course I'm Betty 𝑊ℎ𝑖𝑡𝑒," said Frenchie, who then snorted a line of coke.

by Anonymousreply 204September 28, 2020 2:26 PM

Well, they were all Betty White then. Especially the one who almost overdosed.

by Anonymousreply 205September 28, 2020 2:35 PM

R205, it was my impression that Jay's overdose was on heroin, fentanyl, or some combination thereof, not cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 206September 28, 2020 2:38 PM

How can The Deep have bigger muscles than Homelander?

by Anonymousreply 207September 28, 2020 3:09 PM

What difference does the muscles make r207? Their strength comes from superpowers.

by Anonymousreply 208September 28, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote]How can The Deep have bigger muscles than Homelander?

We never see Homelander's muscles, It looks like his pecs and 6 pack might be the costume.

by Anonymousreply 209September 28, 2020 4:24 PM

I noticed this thread the other day because of Crawford's butt pic which OP posted (spectacular butt).

I had always flicked past this series and after reading a few posts in this thread I gave it a go and ended up binge watching S1 and all available episodes of S2 to ep 6!

ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! Best show I have seen on Amazon (even better than The Man in the High Castle). I'm not a super hero fan usually but I love this show. It's so well done. So well acted. Thanks - I'm really glad I saw this thread.

by Anonymousreply 210September 29, 2020 4:00 PM

Oops!

Thought it was worth posting that ass again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211September 29, 2020 4:01 PM

Here's a really good interview with Aya Cash. She comes across as very intelligent and thoughtful, and very humble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212October 2, 2020 6:35 PM

I thought the last epsiode was really strong, although almost every episode is hard to watch to some extent because I'm always terrified Homelander or Stormfront is just going to go off and kill one of the non-supes who have no protection against them if they go crazy. I was very frightened for Becca during her scenes with them both last night--I am pretty sure Ryan would never hurt her (he's spent too much time with her and loves her too much for that), but Homelander is a loose cannon, and Stormfront is so calculating you'll never know what she'll do when no one is watching.

Apparently I should have been worried instead about someone else, since either of them seemed to be the ones making the heads explode at the congressional hearing. Was it Cindy from the last episode? They did not show her in the episode other than in the preview. After the initial shock of the congressman's head exploding, I was not quite clear who else was killed in the same way, and had to go back and watch it again: it looked like the only people we knew among them squelched were Jonah Voglebaum (who created Homefront), the hero Shock Wave (who had the competitive race with A-Train last season), and an Asian-American female Vought employee sitting next to Ashley. There were a couple other random characters squished, but I don't think we had seen them before.

When Queen Maeve pulled off Black Noir's cowl to force the Almond Joy into his mouth, it looked like he could absolutely not be the same person he is in the comics. He had black skin--I knew the actor who has been under the costume is African-American in real life, but I wasn;t sure that meant when his cowl was taken off he would still be African-American. Did Maeve kill him? She kicked the epidermic away

by Anonymousreply 213October 2, 2020 6:52 PM

I guess you could describe that episode as mind-blowing.

by Anonymousreply 214October 2, 2020 8:13 PM

I get very bored with Butcher's nastiness, even with the explanation this week for why he's so nasty. They can't make him nicer, though, so my guess is Becca is doomed. I would also expect Annie January's mother isn't going to last much longer (she's too much in the way), but if so, i think they'll just drop Elena for a while instead of killing her, because then they would be killing every single non-supe close to the Seven.

by Anonymousreply 215October 2, 2020 11:00 PM

No one is going to say anything about the gay porn with the fem gay begging for all the dicks?

by Anonymousreply 216October 3, 2020 1:35 AM

I predict that at some point it’s going to be Ryan who takes down Stormfront.

by Anonymousreply 217October 3, 2020 1:55 AM

Is Butcher not an American in the comic, or is that just because of the actor? And why he’s so hung up on US politics if he is a non American?

by Anonymousreply 218October 3, 2020 1:57 AM

So the two characters named Homelander and Stormfront turn out to be Nazis? I’m shocked! Shocked!

by Anonymousreply 219October 3, 2020 1:58 AM

And once again, I just want to point out that "The Boys" is good clean fun wholesome family entertainment.

GOOD CLEAN FUN WHOLESOME FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT

by Anonymousreply 220October 3, 2020 2:59 AM

[quote]No one is going to say anything about the gay porn with the fem gay begging for all the dicks?

I was trying to figure out which Supe he was supposed to be. In my head it's Deep.

[quote] Is Butcher not an American in the comic, or is that just because of the actor? And why he’s so hung up on US politics if he is a non American?

Butcher is a Brit in the comics; Karl Urban is a New Zealander. I assume Butcher is more concerned with how the government backs the Supes and that's it. But as we now find out he was SAS in the British Army maybe he does care about how the U.S. have backed terrorists and pass them off to the public as heroes.

by Anonymousreply 221October 3, 2020 4:27 AM

They've definitely doubled down on Butcher's annoying (and unconvincing) cockney accent and dialect this season. He's like a blood-soaked Dick Van Dyke.

by Anonymousreply 222October 3, 2020 10:09 AM

This season has made me hate Butcher more than Homelander and Stormfront combined. Butcher is just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 223October 3, 2020 11:12 AM

As someone upthread mentioned about the Boys taking V in the comics, which I haven't read, I was completely expecting that to happen in Season 1, because it's pretty much the only logical thing to do, unless you enlist other supes to the cause. How else would you overcome and invincible supe? I wonder if the Sinead O'Connor supe can crush Homelander/Stormfront's heads.

by Anonymousreply 224October 4, 2020 11:51 AM

[Quote]I wonder if the Sinead O'Connor supe can crush Homelander/Stormfront's heads.

I wonder if the Sinead O'Connor's poose can crush Homelander/Stormfront's heads. There, fixed it for ya R224

by Anonymousreply 225October 8, 2020 5:08 PM

For the record, Chase is a really nice guy. I’ve worked this show three times doing background and he’s such a chill pleasant guy

by Anonymousreply 226October 8, 2020 5:26 PM

I can't stand the child actor who plays Ryan. He's SO whiney.

by Anonymousreply 227October 9, 2020 2:43 AM

I'm surprised by the end. So the evil republican corporation and the Nazi are defeated for the nonce, only to be replaced as the enemies of democracy by.... Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

by Anonymousreply 228October 9, 2020 3:02 AM

Burning off all of Stormfront's limbs isn't going to stop her. They said she was in a Vought undisclosed location, so they'll bust bring her back as a cyborg.

I don't entirely understand why Homelander's heat vision couldn't seriously hurt her, but Ryan's could.

by Anonymousreply 229October 9, 2020 3:42 AM

So who blew everyone's heads up at the senate hearing?

by Anonymousreply 230October 9, 2020 3:44 AM

r230: Victoria Neuman, the AOC-like congresswoman. The reasons why were not revealed,; but tonight she also secretly blew up the head of the Scientology-like church played by Goran Visnjic at the end of the episode, and Hughie has gone to work for her, and the episode with him in her clutches, not knowing she's the killer or a supe.

by Anonymousreply 231October 9, 2020 3:52 AM

We got a look of Anthony Starr's bare ass tonight as we watched him masturbating on top of a NYC skyscraper.

by Anonymousreply 232October 9, 2020 3:59 AM

R232 It's amazing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233October 9, 2020 4:04 AM

It's a fine ass, but it's not as spectacular as Chace Crawford's at the top of the page.

by Anonymousreply 234October 9, 2020 4:06 AM

One thing that's interesting is Homelander knows Queen Maeve and Starlight are out to get him, but he can't say anything about them publicly, and Starlight is back in the Seven. So is A-Train, who sold out Starlight to the Boys and Starlight, but whom I doubt has any loyalty to the truth the way Starlight and Maeve appear to. Black Noir is apparently in a coma because of the Almond Joy Maeve forced him to eat last week.

by Anonymousreply 235October 9, 2020 4:09 AM

*Sorry, I meant "So is A-Train, who sold out Stormfront to the Boys and Starlight,..."

by Anonymousreply 236October 9, 2020 4:10 AM

Whose hot ass is that? What is The Boys? Is it gay enough to hold my attention? Why no am I getting Gamevif thrones/Rime/Spartacus period piece mixed with soft core porn vibes?

by Anonymousreply 237October 9, 2020 4:23 AM

Whose hot ass is that?

What is The Boys?

Is it gay enough to hold my attention?

Why am I getting Game of Thrones/Rome/Spartacus period piece mixed with soft core porn vibes?

by Anonymousreply 238October 9, 2020 4:24 AM

R238 = too dumb for words.

by Anonymousreply 239October 9, 2020 4:25 AM

R238 = Embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 240October 9, 2020 4:28 AM

Yes, I called it in R217 that Ryan would be the one to do in Stormfront, I just got a feeling when they met it would not end well.

by Anonymousreply 241October 9, 2020 4:30 AM

R239/R240 Don’t be mean. Auto-correct is a fickle beast.

by Anonymousreply 242October 9, 2020 4:30 AM

If you watched the after show, the show runner said that he’s busy working on season three. But I wonder if they had worries about it happening, because there was much that felt like this could be a series finale with so much tied up.

by Anonymousreply 243October 9, 2020 4:34 AM

Ugh, they need some gay writers on this show if they have Maeve calling Hughie a twink, he’s the oldest and ugliest twink ever, if that’s what they think a twink is supposed to look like. And she’s supposed to be the gay one and should know better. She just should called him a simp.

by Anonymousreply 244October 9, 2020 4:37 AM

R235 Homelander already outed Starlight in episode 7 at the rally! So Starlight is a known bad seed. Was Maeve caught on camera when she took out Noire? I wonder if the Noir character will be clones of Esposito's character. That would be a twist on the comic's big twist on Noir's identity.

by Anonymousreply 245October 9, 2020 4:40 AM

[quote] I'm surprised by the end. So the evil republican corporation and the Nazi are defeated for the nonce, only to be replaced as the enemies of democracy by.... Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez?

It was a very interesting twist. The corporate villains, the Nazis, and the religion were all over-the-top comic book stereotypes, it made viewers think that’s all the show was going to be. Then in the end it showed that AOC was in fact the worst, most sinister, villain of all. Didn’t expect that.

by Anonymousreply 246October 9, 2020 4:52 AM

The best buttocks and body on the show belong to A-Train.

by Anonymousreply 247October 9, 2020 4:55 AM

[quote] I don't entirely understand why Homelander's heat vision couldn't seriously hurt her, but Ryan's could.

The company believed Ryan would be more powerful than Homelander and that’s why they were keeping him as insurance in case Homelander ever needed to be taken down. So Ryan is showing that he is probably more powerful.

by Anonymousreply 248October 9, 2020 4:58 AM

[quote] Homelander already outed Starlight in episode 7 at the rally! So Starlight is a known bad seed.

You didn't see tonight's episode. Homelander and the head of Vought had to pretend Starlight is NOT a bad seed after all, and that Stormfront had framed her. He had to do this because Queen Maeve blackmails him.

by Anonymousreply 249October 9, 2020 5:07 AM

[quote] The best buttocks and body on the show belong to A-Train.

Maybe, but they have yet to show his bare ass or his naked torso.

by Anonymousreply 250October 9, 2020 5:08 AM

I thought it felt like it could be a series finale too.

by Anonymousreply 251October 9, 2020 5:10 AM

The women stomping out Stormfront was so gratifying.

It did feel like a series finale. I don't think Amazon has the dearth of programming Netflix has to feel like they need to undo series orders due to not knowing how to work around the pandemic. However, I wouldn't mind if it didn't return only for the fact that it would mean Jensen Ackles of "Supernatural" has lost another gig.

by Anonymousreply 252October 9, 2020 6:18 AM

I’m torn saying this, but did anyone else kind of enjoy it being weekly instead of a once and done binge? It was always a nice extra addition to the weekend coming when you knew there was an episode on the way and it helped build tension and mystery.

by Anonymousreply 253October 9, 2020 8:37 AM

What is/was the politician's endgame? And how did she manage to do the investigation hearing massacre?

Love Homelander having to jerk off to make himself feel less of a complete failure for being Maeve's bitch from now on.

What was the deal with the Fresca drink?

by Anonymousreply 254October 9, 2020 11:26 AM

r254 the politician is a Vought mole/insider

by Anonymousreply 255October 9, 2020 11:47 AM

[quote] I’m torn saying this, but did anyone else kind of enjoy it being weekly instead of a once and done binge? It was always a nice extra addition to the weekend coming when you knew there was an episode on the way and it helped build tension and mystery.

No. Season 2 is too weak for weekly release. I still haven't watched Episode 4 and this thread has so many spoilers I don't think I want to. It should have been released to binge.

by Anonymousreply 256October 9, 2020 12:06 PM

Am I the only who is not interested in this thread, but keeps coming back to look at that butt?

by Anonymousreply 257October 9, 2020 12:40 PM

I want to see Ryan’s LEGO Terms of Endearment “give my daughter the shot” scene.

R254. Maybe the Fresca is referenced in the comic. I thought it was a nod to Mormon preference for 7up and Sprite.

by Anonymousreply 258October 9, 2020 1:30 PM

Religious cults love Fresca!

by Anonymousreply 259October 9, 2020 2:51 PM

There was supposed to be a scene in season one with Homelander standing on a skyscraper ledge and jacking off all over the city. Someone (the producers? Amazon?) thought that was going too far. It’s the one thing that got cut for being too over-the-top. Evidently, they thought they earned it for season two.

by Anonymousreply 260October 9, 2020 4:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261October 9, 2020 4:39 PM

Th season finale was super messy and implausible to me. (E.g. Becca and MM not getting hurt after Stromfront threw their car in the air etc.) Lots of cheap effects. (E.g. all scenes with Maeve etc.) Shame.

by Anonymousreply 262October 9, 2020 8:05 PM

The cast shot a digital cover for Entertainment Weekly and it finally dawned on me that the actress who plays Maeve is never involved with promoting the show. I understand Black Noir not being involved, but she has a major role.

by Anonymousreply 263October 10, 2020 1:25 AM

R260/R261 - that scene of Homelander masturbating and repeatedly saying "I can do whatever I want" was in the version I watched yesterday. He has a great ass but the scene was creepy and manic. He's insane. Trump level insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264October 10, 2020 1:35 AM

R264 Trump is a huge inspiration for Homelander according to Anthony Starr. Check out Homelanders speeches in front of crowds, there are lots of cues from the Donald.

by Anonymousreply 265October 10, 2020 1:56 AM

Homelander's pecs and abs are the costume right?

by Anonymousreply 266October 10, 2020 2:09 AM

Tomer Capon would be such a hot fuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 10, 2020 2:11 AM

Calling it: Newman is an Alien. And she's not alone.

by Anonymousreply 268October 10, 2020 4:45 AM

Sorry, Neuman, of course.

Though her name does mean new man in German.

by Anonymousreply 269October 10, 2020 5:23 AM

There's a character in the comic book version of "The Boys" called Victor Neuman. He is the VP of the USA, and a corrupt pedophile. He eventually succeeds to the presidency, but then is quickly killed.

by Anonymousreply 270October 10, 2020 5:52 AM

Yes R266. It's not the most well done costume I have ever seen either. It could be a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 271October 10, 2020 6:16 AM

Being a teacher, the opening scene hit me hard

by Anonymousreply 272October 10, 2020 1:19 PM

Very confused by the last couple of scenes.

by Anonymousreply 273October 10, 2020 1:34 PM

SPOILERS

I don't quite understand what Neuman's endgame is. At the trial, she was trying to bring down Vought, but then blew up everyone's heads (unless Sinead O'Connor did it) that could have damned the company. Then she blows up Stan...is she trying to take over the company? I so confused.

by Anonymousreply 274October 10, 2020 1:57 PM

R274 ‚”It‘s a coup from the inside....” *pop*

by Anonymousreply 275October 10, 2020 2:09 PM

Kind of a waste of Goran Visnjic.

by Anonymousreply 276October 10, 2020 4:37 PM

Yeah, I was expecting him to be a significant character in season 3, and then.... *pop*

by Anonymousreply 277October 10, 2020 4:49 PM

So what do we know about Antony Starr? He’s new to me before this. I’ve just started watching Outrageous Fortune his early NZ TV series where he plays twin brothers, one a smarmy lawyer and other a redneck criminal.

by Anonymousreply 278October 10, 2020 4:52 PM

Why exactly were Stormfront’s powers?

At first I thought she was supposed to be like Storm in X-Men (weather/lightning powers).

But then when she killed the Asian girl’s brother with super strength and could survive Homeander’s laser vision it seemed more like she was a female Homelander/ Superman but with plasma blasts instead of laser vision

But she is only “kind of invulnerable?” Eg Homelander and Ryan’s laser vision hurt her (Ryan s more so) but she still survived.

And Maeve looks like a Wonder Woman rip off but she just seems to have super strength on the show. We don’t see her fly or deflect bullets or anything else.

Same with Black Noir.

by Anonymousreply 279October 10, 2020 5:48 PM

^^WHAT exactly ...

by Anonymousreply 280October 10, 2020 5:49 PM

Good question, r279. I suspect they have whatever powers the writers require in any given episode. It’s all a little lazy.

by Anonymousreply 281October 10, 2020 6:35 PM

IIRC In the comics they all have super strength and some sort of vulnerability... not all have other special abilities

by Anonymousreply 282October 10, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote] So what do we know about Antony Starr? He’s new to me before this.

He's a New Zealand actor, and in interviews he comes across as very smart and down-to-earth. He admits he's not a big fan of the gym and didn't get pumped up to play Homelander and that Homelander's big muscles are all his costume enhancements. They've never shown him yet for more than a split second with his torso bare.

[quote] Why exactly were Stormfront’s powers?

Stormfront was male in the comics and intended to be an analogue to Marvel's Thor, so like Thor he was superstrong, could fly at superspeeds, had lightning powers (though Thor can bring on an entire storm), and was pretty hard to kill or physically harm in any way. He did not seem to have the obscure powers that Thor's hammer allowed Thor (like using his spinning hammer to travel through time and space, or open space warps). It seems Stormfront on the TV show had powers analogous to Stomrfront in the comics: lightning, flight, superstrength, superdurability, superspeed when flying.

Most of the Seven have some kind of enhanced strength and enhanced durability to varying degrees as well as the signature powers (like Starlight's light blasts), and a few of them can fly. Since Black Noir doesn't seem to have the same secret identity he has in the comics, since when Maeve pulled up his cowl he had black skin underneath, he doesn't seem to be secretly as having the same powers as Homelander. I think therefore he and Maeve are at about the same superhuman level for strength and durability, and I think Stormfront is at the same level too. So far Homelander seems like Superman to be completely physically invulnerable (it's been suggested he's survived when in the past nuclear weapons were used against him), and he has no analogue for Kryptonite to weaken him either that we've seen; his own vulnerability so far seems to be emotional rather than physical.

Of the Seven on the TV show, only Homelander, Stormfront, and Starlight have seemed able to fly so far. Queen Maeve has said she can't, A-Train can't, Black Noir can't, The Deep can't, Translucent couldn't, and I don't think Lamplighter could.

by Anonymousreply 283October 10, 2020 8:45 PM

[quote] And Maeve looks like a Wonder Woman rip off but she just seems to have super strength on the show. We don’t see her fly or deflect bullets or anything else.

Wonder Woman couldn't fly originally when she debuted in the 1940s--then they showed her doing it in the comics in the 50s and they had to invent a cockamamie excuse for her to be able to do so since she couldn't before, so they said that that she "glided on the air currents" (who knows how). When Wonder Woman was rebooted in the Eighties, they just said now she could actually fly by means of the same Olympian magic that gave her her other super powers.

Queen Maeve has said she cannot fly, but like Wonder Woman she seems to be superstrong, has superhuman durability (I think ordinary guns can hurt her, but not penetrate her skin), plus she has enhanced aiming abilities and senses, and is a supergifted combatant/swordswoman. She doesn't have the magic bracelets that allow Wonder Woman to deflect all bullets, nor does she have the Golden Lasso that Wonder Woman can use to force people to tell the truth; nor does she have the Invisible Jet to travel all over the world (and into space).

by Anonymousreply 284October 10, 2020 8:53 PM

But she has a magic tongue.

by Anonymousreply 285October 10, 2020 9:44 PM

Starlight flies?

by Anonymousreply 286October 10, 2020 9:46 PM

I thought she did. Maybe I'm wrong Starlight flies.

by Anonymousreply 287October 10, 2020 9:52 PM

Just looked it up. Starlight doesn't fly. Sorry for the mistake.

by Anonymousreply 288October 10, 2020 9:53 PM

How did Becca get the neck wound that killed her? Ryan flt responsible, but his eyes project lasers, and his eyeburst did not seem to burn Becca, only Stormfront. Did Stormfront suture Becca's neck with her fingers in involuntary response to the pain when Ryan burned her? (She was previously trying to slowly kill Becca by snapping her neck.)

by Anonymousreply 289October 10, 2020 10:00 PM

I don't think Ryan shoots lasers out his eyes, it's some sort of blast though. I thought it was some sort of detritus from the blast that cut Becca's neck.

by Anonymousreply 290October 10, 2020 10:08 PM

Doom Patrol is better

by Anonymousreply 291October 10, 2020 10:09 PM

I love that WASPy ice princess CIA boss. The people casting this show should win all of the awards.

Prime Day is in a couple of days, I'm going to get an Amazon tablet and a Comixology subscription so I can start the comics from the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 292October 10, 2020 11:18 PM

[quote] I don't think Ryan shoots lasers out his eyes, it's some sort of blast though.

His father has laser vision (or heat vision), and he has the same powers as his father. Earlier in the same episode Homelander and Stormfront were trying to get Ryan to use his laser vision (or heat vision) and he couldn't do it, and Homelander told him it helps to envision someone you really hate. It seemed like he was so upset by Stormfront cruelly torturing and trying to kill his mother that the energy just exploded out of his eyes in a hate-filled rage.

I would be very surprised if it were NOT laser vision (or heat vision), since it would then be a power his father does not have.

by Anonymousreply 293October 11, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote] Maeve looks like a Wonder Woman rip off but she just seems to have super strength on the show. We don’t see her fly or deflect bullets or anything else.

In first episode of season 1 she stopped a speeding Brinks truck with her body. Initially I thought she had strength/invulnerability comparable to Homelander.

by Anonymousreply 294October 11, 2020 3:43 AM

r294: We were told, though, that she was seriously hurt when she tried a similar stunt with a train when she was younger.

She has her limits, but Homelander does not seem to have the same.

Again, I think the comparison to Wonder Woman is important: Wonder Woman is the second strongest hero in the DC Universe, but is not up the level of strength of Superman, and while Superman is pretty much indestructible, WW can be hurt or cut if her opponent has the power or the right weapons.

by Anonymousreply 295October 11, 2020 4:15 AM

R295 Isn’t Maeve more of a take on Xena, especially the lesbianism?

by Anonymousreply 296October 11, 2020 9:16 AM

[quote]Then she blows up Stan...is she trying to take over the company?

Nobody blew up Stan, R274. He's still alive at season's end.

by Anonymousreply 297October 11, 2020 9:36 PM

I am so smitten with Tomer Capon, who plays Frenchie. So adorable.

by Anonymousreply 298October 11, 2020 9:44 PM

What was Stoemfront whimpering in German?

by Anonymousreply 299October 11, 2020 10:13 PM

“Mien fuhrer, there is already a thread on this. Would it have killed you to do a search?”

by Anonymousreply 300October 11, 2020 10:15 PM

[quote]I am so smitten with Tomer Capon, who plays Frenchie. So adorable.

Try "Fauda" on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 301October 11, 2020 10:43 PM

r300

calm the fuck down, the search feature on here sucks more than you do... What is that other thread?

r299

This will help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302October 11, 2020 10:47 PM

I was answering the question, moron.

by Anonymousreply 303October 11, 2020 10:57 PM

There seems to be a number of posters under the mistaken impression that Maeve is gay but the show makes a point of showing she's bisexual, there's actually kind of a running gag about it. She is also shown banging some young stud when she breaks up with her girlfriend.

As for the powers, it seems like all of the supes gain some level of super-strength and durability (this varies wildly) and then some of them get unique additional powers on top of that (e.g. healing factor, flight, super-speed, energy projection, etc.) The variation in powers seem to stem from how early Compound V is administered, the amount of Compound V given, how long Compound V is taken and the unique physiology of the subject.

by Anonymousreply 304October 11, 2020 11:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305October 12, 2020 5:48 AM

So, I’ve been watching some of the recap and Easter egg videos, but I’ve come to understand that there are mainstream Marvel and DC Comics people watching this too. Don’t they know this is for people who don’t like that mainstream nonsense? They already have everything and dominate movies and other platforms. Can’t they leave the rest of us with something and go back to their Avenger and Batman crap. This is supposed to be the anti Marvel and it’s mocking their stuff, don’t they see that? We’ve come to destroy your sacred cows.

by Anonymousreply 306October 12, 2020 6:35 AM

But it isn't some brave and new revolutionary take, R306. Critical and subversive takes on superheroes are decades old and Marvel and DC do and have done plenty of it themselves. Things like The Boys (indeed creator Garth Ennis's entire career) are parasitical on the superhero genre.

by Anonymousreply 307October 12, 2020 9:05 AM

Thank God "Becker" died. She was such a drain and a waste. That entire plot was so fucking stupid and sad because it was a great end twist in Season 1. As if that bitch could escape the super-Vought compound she was on. Whatever.

Why would Starlight even WANT to come back to the Seven after all this? Why would Vought even want her back? She cut out her tracker and probably has violated her contract 1,000,000,000 different ways.

Stormfront went out like a bitch. I think I'm just mad because I truly expected Starlight to get super-charged on her electricity and vaporize her. Not sure how she was killed by Homelander Jr. since she took lasers to the tits already.

Overall it was a season with some really cool set pieces and scenes mostly carried by Aya Cash (Stormfront). But at the end of the day it was all over the place writing-wise.

by Anonymousreply 308October 12, 2020 6:50 PM

So was all of Season 2 just a creation to justify the using the season 1 film clip of Homelander jerking off on the Chrysler building? That’s the vibe I’m getting from Kripke, who seems like quite the bitter, controlling little man kind of guy.

by Anonymousreply 309October 12, 2020 7:04 PM

My problem with this show is I really don’t care about the characters or the plot. I’m just watching for the set pieces.

by Anonymousreply 310October 12, 2020 7:09 PM

The Honest Trailer for Season 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311October 15, 2020 11:31 PM

can someone help, what happened to Stillwell's laser eyed baby?

by Anonymousreply 312October 15, 2020 11:57 PM

[quote] Isn’t Maeve more of a take on Xena, especially the lesbianism?

No.

The Seven were explicitly meant by their creators to correspond to the original seven members of the Justice League (as it was redefined after "Crisis").

Stormlander: Superman

Black Noir: Batman

Queen Maeve: Wonder Woman

Mr. Marathon (who has been referred to but not yet seen, and who was later replaced by A-Train): The Flash

Lamplighter who is (later replaced by Starlight): Green Lantern

Jack from Jupiter (who has been referred to but not yet seen, and who was later replaced by Translucent, then by Stormfront): J'onn J'onzz, Manhunter from Mars

The Deep: Aquaman

by Anonymousreply 313October 16, 2020 12:16 AM

I waited until every episode was out. and then binged it. I very much enjoyed the show, and I don't understand why this season got 3&1/2 stars on Amazon compared with last season's 4&1/2 stars.

Jack from Jupiter was brought up again this season. He was the supe in the gay porn parody. I watch on the Amazon Prime app on my tablet, and it includes bonus trivia to read about the show while you watch.

by Anonymousreply 314October 18, 2020 12:29 AM

[Quote] I don't understand why this season got 3&1/2 stars on Amazon compared with last season's 4&1/2

This show was reviewed bombed by upset fanboys that were enraged Amazon released episodes week by week instead of as a binge.

They are doing it weekly for the Expanse too. People are having serious second thoughts about the Netflix model.

by Anonymousreply 315October 18, 2020 1:34 AM

Oh dear r306.

I am gobsmacked that you are trying to act haughty because you watch this show. Obviously there is a ton of overlap between people who watch this show and watch Marvel movies. They are both comic book adaptations.

And yes, like r307 said doing subversive takes on the superhero story is a well trodden path.

by Anonymousreply 316October 18, 2020 1:45 AM

Amazon better push Aya Cash hard for an Emmy next year! I watch a lot of tv, and she gave a standout performance- especially for a comedy.

by Anonymousreply 317October 18, 2020 1:48 AM

Welp, i just googled, and The Boys is technically a drama.. it'll be harder for Cash in the drama category.

I thought The Boys was a comedy. I think it's funny.

by Anonymousreply 318October 18, 2020 1:51 AM

Colbie Minifie is my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 319October 18, 2020 1:53 AM

No gay sex between Solider Boy and Homelander next season.

by Anonymousreply 320October 18, 2020 2:06 AM

[quote]No gay sex between Solider Boy and Homelander next season.

Kripke confirmed Frenchie is sexually so maybe Frenchie can get it on with the Supe with the gigantic dick and Queen Maeve.

by Anonymousreply 321October 18, 2020 2:10 AM

[quote]Kripke confirmed Frenchie is sexually

*Fluid. Sexually fluid.

by Anonymousreply 322October 18, 2020 8:32 AM

R322 So Frenchie has secretly been a supe the whole time?

by Anonymousreply 323October 18, 2020 10:18 AM

It's a black comedy, not a drama. Like Preacher.

by Anonymousreply 324October 18, 2020 12:25 PM

Loved that Billy's over arching life advice to Ryan as he was taken away was "don't be a cunt..."

Can't wait for season 3.

by Anonymousreply 325May 17, 2021 3:50 AM

[quote]A friend just auditioned for Season 3, for a new character, a superhero from New Jersey.

Pauly Walnuts?

by Anonymousreply 326May 17, 2021 4:07 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!