Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pelosi's salon visit was a setup by the salon owner, who seems to have sold the story and camera footage to Fox News

The owner of the salon is giving interviews to Fox News and gave them the video footage from inside her shop, and she was on Tucker Carlson tonight whining about how she can't open her salon because of the COVID-19 rules.

The hairstylist seems to be innocent; the salon owner seems to have sold the story to Fox and to get famous.

Republicans, of course, are on Twitter trying to make as big a deal out of this as possible, which brings to mind Obama's Tan Suit incident in their over the top disengenuousness. "Nancy" is trending on Twitter, because it's more insulting to use her first name, apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 7, 2020 8:13 PM

And Trump confirms that the salon owner is the one who set her up.

----

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Republicans criticized House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Wednesday for going to a hair salon in San Francisco in an apparent violation of the city’s coronavirus pandemic regulations, but the Democratic leader said she had been told by the salon the appointment was allowed.

Pelosi briefly addressed the issue to reporters in San Francisco, saying, “I take responsibility for falling for a set-up.”

Under strict rules to combat the coronavirus pandemic, hair salons in San Francisco were still prohibited from admitting customers on Monday, when Pelosi had her appointment, although salons elsewhere in the state and across much of the country were already open.

President Donald Trump and other Republicans seized on a brief video of Pelosi’s appointment, which first aired on the Fox News channel, to accuse Pelosi, the most senior elected Democrat in Washington, of hypocrisy.

Trump - who took months to embrace mask-wearing as a way to slow the spread of COVID-19 - used the incident to attack Pelosi, saying on Twitter that she is “constantly lecturing” others.

“The Beauty Parlor owner must really dislike Crazy Nancy Pelosi. Turning her in, on tape, is a really big deal,” the president wrote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1September 3, 2020 3:07 AM

SHE WAS EATING A MEATBALL SANDWICH RIGHT OUT IN CLASS!

by Anonymousreply 2September 3, 2020 3:10 AM

Gee, Trump supporters lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3September 3, 2020 3:11 AM

I don’t give a rats ass about this story. She needed her hair done, she’s on tv and needs to look nice. I don’t have a problem with it. I’ve been to my esthetician many times and I’ve had pedicures.

The owner is a cunt for releasing the video.

These assholes are completely without scruples and are the biggest hypocrites in the entire world. tThe orange turd in the White House is responsible for how many deaths? How many rallies has he had with his idiotic followers, not wearing masks?

Fuck them all.

by Anonymousreply 4September 3, 2020 3:12 AM

r2 that is a pretty accurate summary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 3, 2020 3:12 AM

r4 it's the stupidest story imaginable and it's not surprising that Republicans are frantically searching for ANYTHING to distract from Trump's horribleness and COVID-19 mass murder. I hope the salon gets boycotted and shuts down. The stupid owner should know better to do that in deep blue San Francisco.

Trump continues to break and bend laws to his liking, the Republicans let him do it, and then he has the gall to run as the "LAW AND ORDER" President on top of that while destroying the entire nation. It's too much.

Anti-Democrat commercials in my area use "AOC" and "Pelosi" as swear words. "(Candidate) voted with NANCY PELOSI AND AOC NINETY PERCENT OF THE TIME!@#" (and then they show a picture of Ilhan Omar because she wears a headwrap).

by Anonymousreply 6September 3, 2020 3:17 AM

Yeah, this is the fourth or fifth thread on it. They're desperately clinging to it but nobody believes Fox and trumptards.

Fail, trumptards. We love the Speaker and she got her hair done in the set up. The Speaker wins again.

by Anonymousreply 7September 3, 2020 3:19 AM

What a creep.

by Anonymousreply 8September 3, 2020 3:20 AM

r7 I searched for "Pelosi" and couldn't find anything new. The "setup" part is breaking news, as of tonight, because the salon owner is on Fox News and the Republicans are all amplifying it across social media, tonight.

by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2020 3:20 AM

So guess what the top news story on Facebook is tonight.

Go ahead, guess.

Must be a slow news day or something.

by Anonymousreply 10September 3, 2020 3:27 AM

It has more oomph if you render it in the original Bawlmerese, R2.

by Anonymousreply 11September 3, 2020 3:28 AM

r10 It's Republicans. They are pushing it on Twitter and their home turf, Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 12September 3, 2020 3:28 AM

Ah. Well since I neither tweet or face, I don't get that trash.

by Anonymousreply 13September 3, 2020 3:32 AM

It was a first 5 minute story on every station of local news tonight. She shouldn't have gone. She has enough money to have the stylist come to her house.

by Anonymousreply 14September 3, 2020 3:34 AM

r14 the hairstylist said it was allowed if they did one person at a time, and she believed him. She'd gone to him for years.

by Anonymousreply 15September 3, 2020 3:35 AM

Where's my fiddle?

by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2020 3:37 AM

Of course it's the top story on the Daily Fail, too. It'll probably be the cover of the NY Post tomorrow.

The salon owner is a heavily-made-up blonde bimbo. I'm sure she will do fine on Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2020 3:37 AM

Was it the salon owner on Fox who told the stylist he/she could book one client at a time?

by Anonymousreply 18September 3, 2020 3:38 AM

The hairstylist has lawyered up. Here's the statement from him. They also say that the salon owner has been operating her business illegally despite the stay-at-home orders for months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2020 3:39 AM

Tough. She broke the covid protocol. She should have known better. She wouldn't have been set up had she not gone in the first place. She only has herself to blame. But, women have this unhealthy special love for their hair....

by Anonymousreply 20September 3, 2020 3:39 AM

Fuck off, r20.

To review:

Pelosi's staff asked if w/in guidelines to go to salon.

Stylist double checked with owner, who gave ok.

Stylist and Pelosi alone in salon.

Owner leaks tape to Fox. In a 2 -party consent state.

Owner herself violated SIP orders repeatedly.

Facebook makes #1 story

by Anonymousreply 21September 3, 2020 3:40 AM

Good thread:

In addition to being a prime example of why Facebook is a garbage company, it's a prime example of sexism in political coverage.

Meanwhile, where and by whom are the Trumps or McConnell or etc getting their hair cut?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 3, 2020 3:41 AM

WAX MY LADY BALLS!

by Anonymousreply 23September 3, 2020 3:41 AM

"NEW: Pelosi's stylist Jonathan DeNardo releases statement saying the salon owner OK'd the appointment, has been operating during the pandemic and took special interest in Pelosi's visit, blaming her for closures."

by Anonymousreply 24September 3, 2020 3:42 AM

It's being amplified by Rupert Murdoch worldwide. Apparently even in Australia it was on the evening news.

by Anonymousreply 25September 3, 2020 3:44 AM

After the story hit, Pelosi told the salon owner that she had a knife in her pocketbook and was going to cut her up after class.

by Anonymousreply 26September 3, 2020 4:30 AM

Trump’s blowing up the country and these fucking Republicans care more about a blowout.

This non-story fell flat today.

by Anonymousreply 27September 3, 2020 4:47 AM

40,000 new Covid infections in America every day. 6,000,000 infected already.

186,000 dead Americans in six months.

How dare those fucking cunts try to make something out of a haircut when they set her up to begin with?

Blow me. Then come back tomorrow and every day until November 3, and blow me again.

by Anonymousreply 28September 3, 2020 4:53 AM

The security cameras were set up long ago. Pelosi's secretary made the appointment. Pelosi was caught without a mask. No set up.

by Anonymousreply 29September 3, 2020 6:02 AM

Your reasoning skills are extraordinary, R29.

What part of allowing your stylist to perform work on a politician you loathe, in order to use your security cameras and resulting footage to sell to FOC News, even though YOU as the owner, approved a business transaction that was implicitly denied to your operations temporarily, does not translate as a set up?

The hypocrite is the salon owner! Had the salon owner ALSO followed city regulations as expected, her stylist would have never even had called her to ask for her permission to break the law, because the salon owner was practicing and following the city ordinance to a fucking T!

Just the fact that this was ever up for discussion, bears as testament that the stylist felt comfortable in pursuing illegal business transactions and positing future transactions and approvals by and enabled by the BUSINESS OWNER!!! That’s like asking your boss at the bank if you could borrow 10K from the vault, just this once, promising to put it back, and your boss says, Well, I guess it’s OK just this once. Just make sure you don’t do it when I’m around”. Is the banker boss not breaking the law too? The answer is yes, and more egregiously than the employee asking to break the law, with their expressed consent. The law bears that out and enforced that, as does the fucking city of San Francisco, which is why the salon OWNER was fined, and undoubtedly, was cool with that because she negotiated that fine as part of her deal with FOX.

Was Nancy utterly unwise and sloppy and kinda should just take the heat and apologise for her entitlement? Of course!

Tell me, what will the salon owner do to remediate her behaviour? ZILCH! Because her behaviour was not only illegal, but also exploitative and predatory, and if you cannot see that as the immoral and fucked up thing that it is, then you’re dumber than Pelosi and possibly as immoral and entitled as the twat who sold her security footage to FOX, while not caring one fucking bit that this would have never even happened, had she been an honest and moral broker, regardless of her political leanings or dislikes of politicians.

This is why progressives DESPISE conservatives. Because we know that we all fuck up, even under the best circumstances, yet Trumpers completely deny that shitty things happen BECAUSE THEY ENCOURAGE IT, PMAN IT, PARTICIPATE IN IT, PROFIT FROM IT, AND THEN BLAME DEMOCRATS FOR SOMETHING THAT THEY SET IN MOTION, AND HAD THEY BEEN LAW ABIDING AND MORAL BUSINESS OWNERS, BAD SHIT WOULD NOT BE FLOODING NEWS SITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA, BLAMING A WOMAN WHO ALSO SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER, HOWEVER, DID NOT CALCULATE AND DEVISE FORMS OF ENTRAPMENT, FOR PROFITS AND BULLSHIT, NON SENSICAL NARRATIVES, THAT CLEARLY MAKE NO SENSE TO ANYONE WHO CAN THINK AND IS A DECENT PERSON WHO DOES NOT FUCK OTHERS OVER.

by Anonymousreply 30September 3, 2020 6:33 AM

The hairdresser called the bimbo trumptard salon owner to ask if he could book Speaker Pelosi's appointment.

The bimbo trumptard salon owner said yes, in part because she's been operating illegally for months and in part because she hates the Speaker and wanted to harm her.

She pulled the security camera footage of the Speaker and all she could find was a few seconds of the Speaker walking from a shampoo chair to the hairdresser's chair without a mask.

The bimbo trumptard salon owner went running to Faux Noise with those few seconds of video as soon as she could. And started giving interviews!

Absolutely a set up. The salon owner deserves to lose her business. Bye bimbo trumptard.

by Anonymousreply 31September 3, 2020 6:37 AM

So long as a thousand people a day are still dying of CoVID, honestly, I couldn't give a shit about Nancy Pelosi's hair.

by Anonymousreply 32September 3, 2020 6:59 AM

40,000 new Covid infections every day in America, r32.

But hair - we need to worry about the Speaker's hair appointment!

by Anonymousreply 33September 3, 2020 7:03 AM

Lock Her Up (the Saloon Owner I'm talking about)

by Anonymousreply 34September 3, 2020 7:05 AM

Every stupid person I know on fb is outraged about this right now.

by Anonymousreply 35September 3, 2020 7:18 AM

Everyone should lockdown... unless you are protesting! Everyone should lockdown... unless you're Nancy Pelosi! Noticing a trend and also another reason that might push the country into another 4 years of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 36September 3, 2020 7:48 AM

Couldn't imagine what if the salon leaked the footage of Ms Pelosi relieving herself in the loo.

This is terrifying!!! The owner should be sued to extinction!!!

by Anonymousreply 37September 3, 2020 7:57 AM

Meh, I called this from the get go. You can find my post in an earlier thread.

After all the info is out, IMO, they're ALL to blame. The dumpster salon owner for taking clients during the pandemic, the stylist for going along with it and booking Nance in the salon, and Pelosi for breaking the rules and being a hypocrite. They all broke the rules, and they all should be shamed.

by Anonymousreply 38September 3, 2020 1:42 PM

Blow it out your follicles, r38.

by Anonymousreply 39September 3, 2020 1:57 PM

does anyone think the average trump supporter has ANY CLUE about the concepts of false equivalency? nuance and context?...

by Anonymousreply 40September 3, 2020 2:00 PM

Nancy please call the Governor and have her license REVOKED . BYE BYE TRUMP LOVING CUNT .

by Anonymousreply 41September 3, 2020 2:12 PM

From CNN, Cillizza. He's correct:

Nancy Pelosi is one of the -- if not the -- smartest political strategists in the Democratic Party. As such, she knows that appearances matter in politics. A lot. Which is why her decision to have her hair done indoors at a shop in San Francisco makes so little sense.

In security footage obtained by Fox News, Pelosi is shown inside the salon without a mask. Fox also reported that the owner of the salon, Erica Kious, was angry that Pelosi had been allowed to violate the rules put in place during the coronavirus pandemic that mandates haircuts can only be given outside. Kious said it was "a slap in the face that she went in, you know, that she feels that she can just go and get her stuff done while no one else can go in, and I can't work." Pelosi's office told CNN that the speaker had worn a mask for the entirety of her visit except for when she had her hair washed. (The security footage shows Pelosi with what appears to be wet hair.) "This business offered for the speaker to come in on Monday and told her they were allowed by the city to have one customer at a time in the business," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said. "The speaker complied with the rules as presented to her by this establishment." Pelosi responded later Wednesday by saying, "I take responsibility for trusting the word of a neighborhood salon I've been to over the years many times, and when they said we're able to accommodate people, one person at a time, and that we can set up that time, I trusted that. As it turns out, it was a setup. So I take responsibility for falling for a setup." The problem is that Pelosi was told wrong. Hair salons can operate outdoors, according to new San Francisco regulations that went in place last Friday. Which she should have known. When you are the Speaker of the House and a very vocal critic of President Donald Trump's flouting of best practices to limit the spread of Covid-19, you can't rely on what a hairstylist tells you. You double check whether you are allowed to go into a salon. And whether you need to always be wearing a mask. Because, if you don't, this happens. "Crazy Nancy Pelosi is being decimated for having a beauty parlor opened, when all others are closed, and for not wearing a Mask - despite constantly lecturing everyone else. We will almost certainly take back the House, and send Nancy packing!" -- President Donald Trump, Wednesday morning. And this. "If Nancy Pelosi can get her hair done in person - you can vote in person. Pass it on." -- @catturd2 (a right-wing troll account, which was then retweeted by President Trump). What Pelosi did was hand Trump, whose entire strategy, such as it is, in the 2020 campaign is to troll liberals and media, a massive gift-wrapped present with her salon trip. For Trump and his Republican allies, the whole episode affirms everything they have been saying these last few years about liberals.

Whether Pelosi thought she was following the rules in place is lost entirely in the Trump campaign's rush to use the incident as a symbol of the do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do culture that they argue pervades the Democratic Party -- on Covid-19 (and everything else.) This tweet, from Trump's campaign, which the President also retweeted on Wednesday morning, gets at that point.

Pelosi knows that the Trump campaign isn't going to give her the benefit of the doubt. Ever. And that they are always on the lookout for proof that liberal leaders actually have two standards: One for them and one for everybody else. Given all of that, it's hard to imagine why she would make a mistake like this one. It's a totally unforced error -- and one that allows Trump -- for a day or two, at least -- to change the subject from his handling (or mishandling) of the ongoing coronavirus epidemic that has sicked more than 6 million Americans and killed almost 185,000.

by Anonymousreply 42September 3, 2020 2:30 PM

Melanie spent $675,000 of taxpayer money to fly to NY, 21 times, to get her done and no one cares about that? Think how much $675,000 means to all of the unemployed due to Trump's mishandling of Covid.

by Anonymousreply 43September 3, 2020 2:36 PM

May as well close your "chop shop" now, Dee. You don't cross the most powerful woman in American politics and expect to sustain a supportive customer base in your beauty salon.

You've been had, Dee! Hope it was worth it.

by Anonymousreply 44September 3, 2020 2:48 PM

that salon owning cunt also got a nice PPP loan from the government. And she stayed open during the pandemic.

So she lied, cheated, committed fraud, stole from the government etc, etc

A true donald trump deplorable

by Anonymousreply 45September 3, 2020 2:51 PM

I love that this nothing story was drowned out almost immediately by the real and damaging story of Trump calling dead American soldiers losers.

by Anonymousreply 46September 7, 2020 6:31 PM

She needs a neck lift

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 7, 2020 6:45 PM

Help !!! I pandered and I can't get up !!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 7, 2020 6:49 PM

Of course it was a setup!!! I mean, I’m not that crazy about her but they are all getting their fucking hair done in salons. ALL OF THEM! She is no different. The salon owner is a cunt for doing this and as I said, I’m not crazy about Pelosi but this is retarded.

by Anonymousreply 49September 7, 2020 7:24 PM

Well, that Nancy trend was short-lived. No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 50September 7, 2020 7:29 PM

r50 it's pretty pathetic that this is the best the Republicans have. They turned the ENTIRE right wing news media over to the story for a few days, which was mainly them gloating and trying to make it seem bigger than it actually was. I hope the salon owner loses her license and is exiled to Antarctica.

by Anonymousreply 51September 7, 2020 7:49 PM

Something like this would never happen at Super Cuts.

by Anonymousreply 52September 7, 2020 8:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!