Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix signs the Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Whatever they produce, it can't be worse than Ryan Murphy's output.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 3, 2020 6:40 PM

Unless it's going to be a remake of Magic Mike starting Harry in the Channing Tatum role, I'm uninterested.

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2020 3:50 PM

Good for them. I hope they are successful.

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2020 3:52 PM

Hmmm...wonder how they got the deal seeing as neither have producing experience. Could it he because of Harry’s BRF connections and title? These two hypocrites preach endlessly about environment and being humanitarians, all the while taking private jets and now living amongst the top of the 1%, whitest of white exclusive communities.

Trying hard to be Obama-lite. Obamas are more accomplished than these two entitled morons cruising on titles and lecturing to the masses about how woke they are.

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2020 3:52 PM

The Tig: The Movie

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2020 3:55 PM

What a coincidence that the head of Netflix owns an estate in Montecito. Meghan knew exactly what she was doing by moving her family to Montecito to live amongst the leaders of the business and entertainment industries. She's a smart one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2020 3:58 PM

Hey, I'm all for it if this means they'll no longer be taking handouts from Daddy Charles, whose fortune is based in public funds.

Now that they are Netflix millionaires, I assume they'll be reimbursing the British public for the money spent on the wedding, Meghan's wardrobe, and the Frogmore renovations?

If they do that, I might even start to respect them.

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2020 4:07 PM

What qualifies Henry a position to get offered a Netflix deal? Because of his family his mother and his title which means absolutely nothing in America.

Nepotism doesn't earn anyone any respect, especially in 2020. It's times like this when I don't mind the nastiness of Dailymail commenters geared toward them.

They both really are Hypocrites.

Wonder how much their getting paid?

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2020 4:09 PM

R1 Same. If that's the case, Netflix, TAKE MY MONEY.

by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2020 4:09 PM

I can't imagine anyone spending good money on two people who don't possess a functioning brain cell between them.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2020 4:10 PM

R7 Ben Platt has multiple Netflix things in the works and has already had a concert film done by them. Nepotism doesn't earn any respect, but it does get you what you want, even in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2020 4:10 PM

[quote]Wonder how much their getting paid?

R7 It's they're. Dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2020 4:12 PM

R6 there’s nothing to respect with a couple of entitled, self-proclaimed humanitarians who show up to do volunteering work with their own photographers in tow. They’re nothing but showboats intending on trading on Harry’s RF lineage/ titles for fame and $$$.

Now, I would respect them if they had just come out and said something like ‘Yeah we wanted out of my family’s business because we couldn’t profit off of our status. So we pretended to care about humanitarian causes to ingratiate ourselves with entertainment industry because we have no marketable talents.”

Now THAT I can respect. Hustlers gotta hustle but at least be honest about it snd not hide behind self-aggrandizing promotions as the next Mother Teresa ( who has since been outed as a fraud).

by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2020 4:15 PM

Liz needs to pull their HRH and all other status right now.

by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2020 4:19 PM

Oh goodie. Meghan hosting shows, narrating shows, starring in shows...blech.

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2020 4:21 PM

Netflix is smart. People will watch out of morbid curiosity alone.

by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2020 4:25 PM

r12 A very smart and sharp characterisation of what their really all about rather than what they pretend.

by Anonymousreply 16September 2, 2020 4:32 PM

Harry's a budding screenwriter! Allegedly:

[quote]The expatriate royal is actually pitching several spec scripts that he wrote, most of which are comedies. Two are action movies. All are awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 2, 2020 4:38 PM

First project: Meghan goes incognito to uncover sex traffickers in Brazil and the Florida Panhandle.

Second project: Harry visits war-wounded British soldiers getting replacement sex organs.

by Anonymousreply 18September 2, 2020 4:48 PM

Gloria Steinem just did an ass-kissing interview with Meghan. I thought Gloria was smarter than that.

by Anonymousreply 19September 2, 2020 4:51 PM

Good for them and I wish them luck.

She's smart and he's sexy and royal.

You hateful and envious trolls can just fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2020 5:19 PM

[quote]Gloria Steinem just did an ass-kissing interview with Meghan. I thought Gloria was smarter than that.

Gloria is a 95 year old ex-Playboy model. She does whatever she needs to do to pay the rent.

by Anonymousreply 21September 2, 2020 5:26 PM

I'd like to see her do a holistic lifestyle show with her new Montecito neighbor Gwyneth Paltrow. We would all eat that up with a spoon.

by Anonymousreply 22September 2, 2020 5:28 PM

YOU fuck off Sunhine Sachs intern R20. Dim Nazi Harry has has zero experience with a job let alone producing, but he does know how to elbow everybody else out of the way.

by Anonymousreply 23September 2, 2020 5:32 PM

Using the advance from Netflix, they can hire industry people who are technically qualified to develop and execute television programs. Let's just hope that they trust the people they hire and allow them to do their jobs without too much interference. I wonder if the contract includes a specific output, for example, 4 documentaries and one three-part series over a two-year time period?

I watch the odd documentary on Netflix if it's a topic I'm interested in. But mostly I use it to watch original fiction (like Orange is the New Black, Wentworth), and catch up on sitcoms I missed the first time around (The Office). I'm not going to turn to Netflix for shows like "Here are people who are protecting the environment; you can do it too!".

by Anonymousreply 24September 2, 2020 5:36 PM

Go take your meds r23.

You'll frighten your cats.

by Anonymousreply 25September 2, 2020 5:38 PM

Fuck off, formerBrainOwner aka R25

by Anonymousreply 26September 2, 2020 5:42 PM

This is an option deal, i.e., Netflix is not paying them to create content, they will pay them if the like the final product. So funding will need to come from somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 27September 2, 2020 5:44 PM

Maybe they’ll do a film of that book they had no involvement with. Adele can do the theme tune.

by Anonymousreply 28September 2, 2020 5:49 PM

So, Harry felt he must move from the UK to "protect his family" based on his fears that they will be subject to the same experiences of his dead mother... and this has ultimately entering into a business deal with an entity that produces "The Crown" which makes fodder out of his mother's life along with everyone else in the BFR? And airs Channel 4's "The Windsors"? And several unauthorized documentaries about the BRF? How does this compute?

by Anonymousreply 29September 2, 2020 5:53 PM

Funny how people of Henrys class look down they're noses at Hollywood people for being performers and emoting to make a fabulous living. But now he's willing to take Hollywood $$$, because it'll give him a great life and stability.

It's just like this woman I knew. She was a once wealthy socialite who always looked down on Hollywood actors because they were performers and she resented them for being able to make huge $ and live as well as she did. Her sister, a successful Hollywood actress whose made hundreds of millions of dollars in her decades long career in film television and stage. Gave her socialite sister a check for $25 million dollars because her sister's husband died who was also very snobbish and bad with $, died broke and she had no idea until after he died. She also had three children to finish raising on her own.

She took the $25 million dollars from her Hollywood actress sister with no problem, Eventhough she always thought Hollywood stars were court jest ors. Now she lives a life worry free about $ and can take care of her three children, thanks to the $ she received from her sister. That money saved her from being on the damn streets, thanks to her irresponsible dead husband.

She sees nothing wrong with Hollywood now, LOL she came around quick.

by Anonymousreply 30September 2, 2020 5:56 PM

If they preach about the environment while living in that gigantic house that could hold an army they'll be crucified.

by Anonymousreply 31September 2, 2020 5:56 PM

I suppose they have their Russian backers at the ready with bushels of money that needs washing.

by Anonymousreply 32September 2, 2020 6:10 PM

I know grammar troll, need not needs

by Anonymousreply 33September 2, 2020 6:13 PM

Will they include our beloved Greta Thunberg too?

by Anonymousreply 34September 2, 2020 6:15 PM

R31 they already do, now they’ll just have another platform to pontificate and preach to paid subscribers of Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 35September 2, 2020 6:18 PM

[quote]Nepotism doesn't earn anyone any respect, especially in 2020.

Then explain why Meghan McCain has a career. Nepotism works well for people.

by Anonymousreply 36September 2, 2020 6:46 PM

While their accompanying statement is providing the accustomed laughs ("Our lives, both independent of each other, and as a couple have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience and the need for connection") I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch whatever banal content they come up with.

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2020 6:49 PM

Their first production:

"The Little Hooker Who Could"

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2020 8:10 PM

The time has come to cancel Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2020 8:26 PM

This will crash and burn like everything they touch.

by Anonymousreply 40September 2, 2020 8:57 PM

[quote]I'd like to see her do a holistic lifestyle show with her new Montecito neighbor Gwyneth Paltrow.

No way Goop would taint her carefully tended personal brand by association with Meg.

by Anonymousreply 41September 2, 2020 9:00 PM

Reality show: Royal Housewives of Montecito

by Anonymousreply 42September 2, 2020 9:07 PM

It’s very entertaining, the Daily Heil forum is full of foaming at the mouth lunatics denying they are racists. I don’t like them myself. I think Harry is an entitled dimwit, and Meghan is winding him up from the back.

by Anonymousreply 43September 2, 2020 9:10 PM

If the programmes they work on are anything like Finding Freedom, then I'm in. The FF excerpts I've read are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 44September 2, 2020 9:19 PM

PEOPLE Magazine must be on their PR payroll, because it's nothing but one fawning article after another. That's where the Steinem interview was.

by Anonymousreply 45September 3, 2020 12:04 AM

Their People deal was for 10/articles per month, for over a year now.

by Anonymousreply 46September 3, 2020 1:10 AM

Netflix isn't paying them ANY millions upfront or anything like that. They'll only make money if Netflix buys the show. Neither Disney nor apple nor NBC wanted to sign them on. This is a misleading article. If they were paid "millions", they would've bragged about the amount.

Netflix hasn't ratified what harry's PR is saying. Read and you'll see that they say that they're happy harry chose them. Netflix didn't go after them. When neither Disney, apple nor NBC would work with them, sunshine got them registered in the approved production company's list

by Anonymousreply 47September 3, 2020 1:10 AM

Wouldn't you love to get a peek at Racist Harry's scripts?

by Anonymousreply 48September 3, 2020 1:15 AM

[quote] Their People deal was for 10/articles per month, for over a year now.

So how much is People paying them?

by Anonymousreply 49September 3, 2020 1:24 AM

what does a producer actually do though? don’t they basically network and raise (or give) money for projects and then other people do the actual work?

by Anonymousreply 50September 3, 2020 1:31 AM

Bialystok & Bloom

by Anonymousreply 51September 3, 2020 1:54 AM

I think it's so excellent that Harry has somehow managed to get his own Rasputin. I love watching this all play out, cringe as it is.

Viva L'Harkles!

by Anonymousreply 52September 3, 2020 6:49 AM

I love you!

by Anonymousreply 53September 3, 2020 6:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!