Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is this the best choreographed music video of all time ?

Never seen anything quite like it. Those costumes, those colors, hundreds of backup dancers perfectly in sync and two ridiculously beautiful leads. It's just otherworldly.

I don't understand a word but I can't deny that it didn't me long to start dancing with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2020 11:15 PM

Busby Burka?

by Anonymousreply 1September 2, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote]I don't understand a word

She's upset her dog died..

by Anonymousreply 2September 2, 2020 1:41 AM

I wanted to be snotty, but have to agree. It was pretty fabulous. Hollywood isn’t doing anything of the kind anymore. It was beautiful and joyous.

by Anonymousreply 3September 2, 2020 1:42 AM

Thanks, OP, that was great!

by Anonymousreply 4September 2, 2020 1:43 AM

The Indian (dot, not feather) equivalent of clogging, with a special guest appearance be a Freddy Mercury at 1:39.

by Anonymousreply 5September 2, 2020 1:45 AM

I'm with ya OP. Didn't have any idea what they were singing about but they were very beautiful and the dancing/choreography was fantastic.

That's a lot of energy on display. (Guy was handsome too.)

by Anonymousreply 6September 2, 2020 1:48 AM

I want me some nice Indian man penis.

by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2020 2:05 AM

Fabulous ! I was riveted . All that glorious dancing and lush costumes.

by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2020 2:16 AM

All I think about is that it must stank on that set, cause Indians don't use deodorant and all those folks dancing must work up some sweat.

by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2020 2:21 AM

[quote]All I think about is that it must stank on that set, cause Indians don't use deodorant and all those folks dancing must work up some sweat.

Curry, patchouli and ass.

by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2020 3:56 AM

Ha! Knew it had to be Bollywood. They’re good at this kind of choreography and they’ve been doing it for decades.

Have another Bollywood classic to feast your eyes on. You can pretty much figure out the plot from the gestures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2020 4:10 AM

The film Devdas this is from is pretty fantastic. I saw it on the big screen and was knocked out by the spectacle.

by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2020 4:12 AM

awesome

by Anonymousreply 13September 3, 2020 4:42 PM

Aishwarya Rai, ever gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 14September 3, 2020 5:07 PM

R14, I think she's one of the most beautiful women on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 15September 3, 2020 5:25 PM

lol @ r2

by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2020 6:36 PM

I don't see what is so special - this is Bollywood 101.

And no, there aren't hundreds of dancers - maybe 50 at most.

This same scene has been done thousands of times in hundreds of Indian films. Not sure why you would rate this as the best of all time? I guess you've never watched Bollywood - that's the only explanation.k

by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2020 6:47 PM

It's not a "music video," OP.

by Anonymousreply 18September 3, 2020 6:53 PM

Well OP's set up is a compete failure but it's always nice to see these numbers.

by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2020 9:18 PM

what do you mean by "set up" ?

by Anonymousreply 20September 3, 2020 9:26 PM

They seem manic and joyless.

by Anonymousreply 21September 3, 2020 9:29 PM

OP you "set up" the discussion with a misdirect. This isn't a music video so we can't discuss it as the greatest example of music video choreography.

by Anonymousreply 22September 4, 2020 4:36 AM

Op, not enough male 🕺🏻 dancers

by Anonymousreply 23September 4, 2020 4:43 AM

Has anyone ever explained why all the woman's voices in Bollywood all have that high pitch that sound like they are all dubbed by the same woman?

by Anonymousreply 24September 4, 2020 9:25 AM

R24, it's the same reason that all English-language popular singers sing with an affected Southern-US or Black accent. Even if they're from Liverpool or Canberra.

by Anonymousreply 25September 4, 2020 9:40 AM

R24 It's a style. Your comment is ironic because there was a time just a few woman ghost sung thousands of songs. For example S. P. Sailaja

by Anonymousreply 26September 4, 2020 9:46 AM

[quote]sound like they are all dubbed by the same woman?

I resemble that!

by Anonymousreply 27September 4, 2020 11:22 AM

Zip it, Lata.

by Anonymousreply 28September 4, 2020 11:23 AM

Dola re

by Anonymousreply 29September 5, 2020 12:09 AM

Bollywood numbers certainly have pizazz, but lack depth. It's a lot of front-line repeats, and the film editing jumps around in a shoot that takes days. Indian dance is about great arm gestures and beauty, though.

For actual great choreography on film, dance numbers that have a through-line, a purpose, serve as better examples of 'great' music video choreography. An example: OK Go's "I Won't Let You Down"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 5, 2020 12:29 AM

As a sidebar, while not a 'music video,' this live Tony performance assembles multiple show casts, a witty song, choreography that not only showcases each production, but makes a point, and no editing; performed live, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 5, 2020 12:37 AM

Additionally, one must consider music videos that may not have the best or most difficult movements, but those that became iconic as choreography of their era, particularly the height of MTV:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 5, 2020 12:49 AM

If OP's viddy interested you, check out LAGAAN. It's a Bollywood spectacular that is a historical drama about 19th Century India under the Raj that is supplemented with lengthy Bollywood musical scenes. The producers wanted to show what India could do... and they put it all into one movie. The musical segments are stunning and the photography throughout is just wonderful.

Shirtless Aamir Khan is not to be missed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33September 5, 2020 12:57 AM

r17 has it right. There's a whole multi-billion-dollar industry out there for you to discover, OP.

And I find the r31 video more pleasing than the one at OP.

by Anonymousreply 34September 5, 2020 1:03 AM

Not a music video, but a great film/musical theatre dance number with some cute dancers:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 5, 2020 1:16 AM

I loathe NPH so I cant watch R31.

by Anonymousreply 36September 5, 2020 1:18 AM

Only for those in India. Not.

by Anonymousreply 37September 5, 2020 1:21 AM

In terms of popularity, and choreography that became iconic, while not a personal favorite, "Thriller" is the most famous dance-inclusive music video of the entire MTV era.

OP did not specify best-choreographed, but without the hyphen, implied the 'best music video that was choreographed."

Yeah. I'm a bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 5, 2020 1:23 AM

No. THIS IS:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 5, 2020 1:27 AM

And boring R38. Dont forget boring !

by Anonymousreply 40September 5, 2020 1:29 AM

And ankle-biting cuntlette, R40. Add that to your LinkedIn profile.

by Anonymousreply 41September 5, 2020 1:34 AM

NO R32 one doesn't have to consider "iconic" crap collage "dancing" by Janet Jackson, garbage faux choreography created from thousands of edits. You have zero taste.

by Anonymousreply 42September 5, 2020 1:35 AM

This is. Best performed, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 5, 2020 2:08 AM

Again, snide, cuntlette R42, OP is discussing 'best music videos.' Some of my examples are not to my taste, and the old Fred Astaire dances and my Tonys clip are sidebars. "Best" is not necessarily the most intricately choreographed, but perhaps 'best known' or 'most liked.'

OP's clip isn't even a music video, but a scene from a feature film. Is "best" the biggest, the most popular? Try the linked Beyoncé montage.

Meanwhile, cretin R42 has yet to provide a single 'best' or even 'better' example, because R42 is too stupid to figure out how to add a link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 5, 2020 2:33 AM

Hopping back to Bollywood dance numbers, this one is a wacky vintage classic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 5, 2020 2:38 AM

"Best choreographed music video" doesn't have to be a big group number. Sia's "Chandelier" would be among the best music videos that fully incorporate dance.

But don't let 2,283,880,284 viewers dissuade you, R42, you cretin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 5, 2020 2:47 AM

Turn it up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 5, 2020 3:12 AM

Turn it up! There will never be another Vera-Ellen or young George Chakiris! (Although he's still kicking in PS)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 5, 2020 3:24 AM

Those are scenes from films, not music videos.

If we're going that route, nothing beats "Cool" in 'West Side Story,' one of the best choreographed dance scenes in cinematic history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 5, 2020 4:40 AM

Loved that R31, but I must know - who is the beautiful man in the OP's Bollywood extravaganza?

by Anonymousreply 50September 5, 2020 8:19 AM

May he poop on my knee?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 5, 2020 8:31 AM

There's nothing quite like a Bollywood dance extravaganza. Here's another. The incomparable Aishwarya Rai, the impossibly handsome Mr. Aishwarya Rai and their father/father-in-law Amitahb dancing. Kajra Re.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 5, 2020 8:35 AM

Their voices sound like recordings of exotic mosquitoes slowed down by 50%.

by Anonymousreply 53September 5, 2020 11:49 AM

Strictly a music video? Not from a movie?

Paul Jabara's OCHO RIOS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 5, 2020 1:43 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 55September 5, 2020 10:07 PM

Now this is dancin’!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 5, 2020 10:54 PM

Brava

by Anonymousreply 57September 16, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote] If OP's viddy interested you, check out LAGAAN. It's a Bollywood spectacular that is a historical drama about 19th Century India under the Raj that is supplemented with lengthy Bollywood musical scenes.

"LAGAAN" is a great movie and the only Bollywood nominated for the Best Foreign Language Oscar. I have zero interest in sports but by the end you will even know how Cricket is played!

by Anonymousreply 58September 17, 2020 10:00 PM

And it has some delicious shirtless desi guys!!!

by Anonymousreply 59September 17, 2020 11:15 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!