Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Spiritual Thread Pt. 3

Earlier thread (pt 2) paywalled Again! Wtf.

Carry on discussing spirituality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 8, 2023 2:08 PM

Can any of you speak to “harmful” energetic entities? Some psychics/intuitives say that energies/entities can’t harm you and humans are always afraid of ghosts (and that needing to have protection is superstitious) and other psychics say that harmful entities absolutely exist (ie Sylvia Browne, etc.) and can cause real harm and can attach to you. I was once told I had a negative attachment sticking to me and then asked if I had recently “flown over a body of water” because that’s where they can come from? What do you all think?

by Anonymousreply 1August 30, 2020 3:12 AM

There are 'harmful' or negative energies out there, but most healthy people are psychically protected enough to keep them at bay for the most part. A 'spiritually healthy' person is 'shielded' to a degree, which won't allow negative energies to attach or 'stick' as you put it. I wouldn't go through my day worrying about it unnecessarily.

Sylvia Browne wasn't considered the best of psychic advisors. Ghosts/spirits exist, but again the vast majority are not to be feared. This plane of existence (the physical) is mostly ours, we maintain free will and control of it when here.

by Anonymousreply 2August 30, 2020 4:51 AM

It’s also relatively easy to send energies that don’t belong to you away. By simply stating it. I think it’s more the emotions of others that stick with us than entities.

Ps Why do these threads keep being paywalled???

by Anonymousreply 3August 30, 2020 10:10 AM

I have a question for oracle, TheVulture, Novice or any of the people who are in touch.

Is the dark force stronger than the light? It seems that the dark force of Trump just keeps gaining strength no matter how many good people are fighting against him.

by Anonymousreply 4August 30, 2020 5:15 PM

Bumping this thread for R103 from Part 2, so she can let us know how she's doing.

by Anonymousreply 5August 31, 2020 11:40 PM

I don’t know if any of you remember but I offered to do a little workshop/seminar/meditation to meet your main spirit guide and your power animal. Saturday 19 September 2 PM EST/ 8 PM CET. Another date and time is possible too if this doesn’t work for most of the ones interested. It’ll be via Google Meet, sound only. I respect everyone’s privacy. Let me know if there are still people out here interested to go on this journey.

Your main guide and power animal are important energies to protect you and your personal energy both in daily life and during meditation and other spiritual/energy work.

I’d prefer to send a little more info to the people interested but that would be easiest via email. Feel free to drop me a line earth.warrior30@gmail.com

Of course this is all free. It’s not my job, I have a very different job. I’m happy to help however I can plus it’s valuable practice for me as well.

by Anonymousreply 6September 1, 2020 8:05 AM

[quote] Can any of you speak to “harmful” energetic entities?

We are basically radios who receive and translate the frequency our dial is set on.

When you set your dial on the frequency of receiving harmful energy then you can receive them and translate into things you understand. But only then. And nobody can force you to ask or look for them (as in set your "radio dial" on said frequency). Nothing "out of this world" can reach you when you are not aligned to its frequency.

by Anonymousreply 7September 1, 2020 8:13 AM

They feed off fear and anxiety. Google archons. Say the word everyday to release and bless them. Surround yourself with a protective bubble of light everyday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2020 12:53 PM

Release "attachments" too. Could be spirits, nefarious elementals, angels, aliens, your thoughts, your momma's thoughts...anything.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2020 12:55 PM

If anybody can spare a moment, please pray for a family member of mine who is dying. It’s not been a “good” dying process so far and my heart is breaking.

by Anonymousreply 10September 23, 2020 1:00 AM

How did DL get infested with psychic believing frauen?

by Anonymousreply 11September 23, 2020 1:14 AM

R10 Your loved one will soon be at peace in the Kingdom of Light and Love. All blessings to you and your family member.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 23, 2020 1:15 AM

[quote] How did DL get infested with psychic believing frauen?

What year did you join in?

by Anonymousreply 13September 23, 2020 1:37 AM

1995 R13.

by Anonymousreply 14September 23, 2020 1:39 AM

R14 not all women here at all. Pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 15September 23, 2020 5:29 AM

R10 sending love. You as family members can tell her it’s ok to let go. Enough is enough. We often keep our loved ones here a bit longer because it’s hard to let go. Tell her you love her.

by Anonymousreply 16September 23, 2020 5:32 AM

R14 but this is classic new age frauen Jesus-y stuff.

by Anonymousreply 17September 23, 2020 5:38 AM

R6 is power animal the same as spirit animal??

by Anonymousreply 18September 23, 2020 6:04 AM

R18 your power animal represents your personal power, your inner strength. You can only have one power animal. In life several spirit animals can come to you to help you with certain situations or on spiritual journeys. Often they are part of your personal medicine wheel. Your power animal is always with you.

by Anonymousreply 19September 23, 2020 6:48 AM

No such thing as "power animals" Davida.

by Anonymousreply 20September 23, 2020 6:16 PM

It’s simply your personal energy, it’s not a matter of faith or belief R20. Animals represent certain types of energies or energy traits. A spirit animal is not the same thing as a power animal.

by Anonymousreply 21September 23, 2020 7:03 PM

Sorry Davida, it's just your usual bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 22September 23, 2020 7:43 PM

R19 thanks for answering.

by Anonymousreply 23September 24, 2020 12:24 AM

R12 and r14 thank you. She is gone. R14, how did you know I was referring to a female family member?

by Anonymousreply 24September 26, 2020 11:33 PM

Sorry, I meant r16

by Anonymousreply 25September 27, 2020 2:24 AM

PPPPPPPAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYWWWWWAAAAAAALLLLLLEEEEDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 26September 27, 2020 2:56 AM

Great youtube channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27September 27, 2020 6:32 PM

R24 R25 Spirit told me. Mediumship is one of my abilities. My condolences. Much love to you and your family.

by Anonymousreply 28September 28, 2020 11:42 AM

It's all just a bunch of 𝐰𝐨𝐨.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 28, 2020 2:32 PM

R29 If science means everything to you why not open an “I love science” thread and post there You might want to have your right shoulder looked at PD, if you haven’t already.

by Anonymousreply 30September 28, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote]If science means everything to you why not open an “I love science” thread and post there

There's no need for me to post elsewhere, R30 - it's an open board.

Nor is there anything the matter with my right shoulder. Your attempt at a blind stone's throw (a cold read technique; people who use a computer often exhibit shoulder complaints in the arm that clicks the mouse) is a bust.

by Anonymousreply 31September 28, 2020 7:18 PM

Light is ALWAYS stronger than Dark. ALWAYS

by Anonymousreply 32September 28, 2020 7:49 PM

PD is an NC boy...with his sweet pickles in salads and wtf else. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 33September 28, 2020 7:52 PM

R31 so would you be willing to share your view? It has nothing to do with the computer. It’s two places upper right shoulder. Small, not all the muscles. What is a cold read? Could you explain what that is? Why PD? I shouldn’t have said anything, you can blame me for that and I accept that. So there. Just be careful. My apologies. I don’t feel any love for religions if that is what feels like a barrier. To me and maybe to you too. I have nothing to gain from this. The right side is the male energy. Just be well Poisoned Dragon. Dragons or dragon energy are the keepers of the universe. There’s a lot of strength within. I’m not here to judge.

by Anonymousreply 34September 28, 2020 7:55 PM

[quote]PD is an NC boy...

You haven't been paying attention, R33. I revealed the state where I live three times a couple of days ago, and NC isn't it. (When listing tuna salad ingredients, I specifically stated that I 𝑑𝑖𝑑𝑛'𝑡 care for sweet pickles.)

[quote]so would you be willing to share your view?

R34, I did - in R29.

[quote]It’s two places upper right shoulder. Small, not all the muscles.

𝑁𝑜, babe. Just no.

[quote]I have nothing to gain from this.

Except to pretend that you have psychic abilities. You'd hoped to hit a successful guess, but you missed.

[quote]What is a cold read? Could you explain what that is?

See the link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 28, 2020 8:11 PM

R35 in your opinion why? You don’t believe some of us are here to help? Is it naive? I don’t know about the latter. Why would I want to prentend, seriously.....could you be just a little more open? Come on, share it. Explain and don’t bash if you are able. Your link is about things being non scientifical vs the scientifical. I grew up an atheist so really, no this isn’t going to cover, do you understand why? If not talk to me. I have no pretences. I gave you unasked advice or info so yes you can bash me for that.

by Anonymousreply 36September 28, 2020 8:22 PM

R35 in your opinion why? You don’t believe some of us are here to help? Is it naive? I don’t know about the latter. Why would I want to prentend, seriously.....could you be just a little more open? Come on, share it. Explain and don’t bash if you are able. Your link is about things being non scientifical vs the scientifical. I grew up an atheist so really, no this isn’t going to cover, do you understand why? If not talk to me. I have no pretences. I gave you unasked advice or info so yes you can bash me for that.

by Anonymousreply 37September 28, 2020 8:22 PM

You know, the power to uplift others and raise their spirits is the greatest power of them all. But, you see, that power doesn't work on those who don't want to be uplifted and their spirits to be raised.

It's like with hypnosis. It works on those who want to be hypnotized (however, what they are willing to do while being hypnotized has their limits) and it doesn't for those who don't want to be hypnotized. Same with Tarot card readings or magic rituals.

And this goes for so many other things, too. Losing weight, finding the right mate, find the right job / career, find your purpose / meaning of life, etc.

by Anonymousreply 38September 28, 2020 8:43 PM

[quote]Your link is about things being non scientifical vs the scientifical.

Not just, R36. It also discusses some of the psychological motivations and incentives which underlie the pretense to psychic abilities.

[quote]don’t bash if you are able

I haven't bashed anyone or anything yet. I've only offered some factual information. It's revealing when people are intimidated or threatened by being presented with factual information; that they're emotionally invested in something for which there's no evidence.

[quote]You know, the power to uplift others and raise their spirits is the greatest power of them all. But, you see, that power doesn't work on those who don't want to be uplifted and their spirits to be raised.

Your presumption is off-putting, R38. The assumption that you have 'power'; that others 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 what you're offering.

by Anonymousreply 39September 28, 2020 8:58 PM

[quote] Your presumption is off-putting, [R38]. The assumption that you have 'power'; that others 𝑛𝑒𝑒𝑑 what you're offering.

What a weird troll comment. Do you think your so called troll powers is something people need? Is that why you keep trolling, to reach those who need your troll powers?

You sure are a weirdo. Bye.

by Anonymousreply 40September 28, 2020 9:04 PM

[quote]What a weird troll comment

Not at all, R40; it was a straightforward reaction to what you said in R38. And I didn't even mention the shade you threw at anyone who doesn't accept your claims ("that power doesn't work on those who don't want to be uplifted and their spirits to be raised").

So you jumped immediately to name-calling, and 'ignore.' No loss there, since you're not what you make yourself out to be anyway. Very passive-aggressive.

by Anonymousreply 41September 28, 2020 9:17 PM

On a cosmic or spiritual level it doesn't matter if you choose happiness or misery. You get what you want.

by Anonymousreply 42September 28, 2020 10:42 PM

Uh-huh.

I'll let you all choose whatever it is you think you're choosing, since merely talking with you seems to make your jayby beezuses cry. Be well.

And try not to exploit others. It's one thing if you want to believe this stuff, but don't persuade the vulnerable of it.

by Anonymousreply 43September 28, 2020 10:54 PM

R43 Poisoned Dragon. I accept your views and opinions but may I ask that you don’t judge others here on this thread? No one has tried to exploit anyone. Sometimes people just want to support and help others.(yes shocking!) Sometimes we need questions answered. Even on an anonymous board.

Be well friend.

by Anonymousreply 44September 29, 2020 2:13 AM

R43 Poisoned Dragon. I accept your views and opinions but may I ask that you don’t judge others here on this thread? No one has tried to exploit anyone. Sometimes people just want to support and help others.(yes shocking!) Sometimes we need questions answered. Even on an anonymous board.

Be well friend.

by Anonymousreply 45September 29, 2020 2:13 AM

I'm still wondering what happened to the poster in the previous threads, who was struggling with extreme anxiety, the loss of her mum, trying to find work, etc. Hope she's OK and feeling better.

by Anonymousreply 46September 29, 2020 12:42 PM

R46 I hope that person is well, too, but I’ve seen that poster looking for help in multiple threads here and I keep encouraging them to get professional help rather than take over tarot/prediction/spiritual threads looking for support over and over again from DL’ers. Some folks got so tired of it that they decided to ignore their posts because it was so common for them to post. DL might be okay for onetime support, but we aren’t a therapy service and at one point the person was posting scary things about their mental health, so I am leery about things like that.

by Anonymousreply 47September 29, 2020 5:59 PM

I agree. New Age spiritualism can't help when you are in a depressed state of mind and only have access to more depressing thoughts. It also makes you incredibly vulnerable to scam artists.

by Anonymousreply 48September 29, 2020 6:50 PM

A spooky happening last night: I have a clock radio and the radio somehow came on by itself. I heard it and snapped awake : 3:34 am. It was mostly static mixed with a conversation in French (which I barely know) between two men.

by Anonymousreply 49October 11, 2020 6:30 PM

To clarify, the conversation was part of the radio channel (I tuned it and it came through loud and clear) so those weren’t ghosts or anything. Also, no one has lived in this house other than me and my family.

by Anonymousreply 50October 11, 2020 6:32 PM

Glad to see a few rationalists here (as opposed to the other threads, which were just hilarious - but also scary).

Now someone please go on and tell me where I live, what’s wrong with my body, etc. Should be fun.

by Anonymousreply 51October 11, 2020 6:34 PM

Good lord, this again? Davida bored again?

by Anonymousreply 52October 11, 2020 6:40 PM

I’m completely new to these threads, r52 - up until now I’ve only lurked. I’m surprised your spirits haven’t already told you that.

by Anonymousreply 53October 11, 2020 6:43 PM

I don't know why she even tries anymore. Her twitter is particularly funny. The constant complaining and, of course, she can't wear a mask.....

by Anonymousreply 54October 11, 2020 6:59 PM

complaints and sex cults...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 11, 2020 7:02 PM

What did it feel like R49?

by Anonymousreply 56October 11, 2020 7:07 PM

R50 a building doesn’t have to be the cause. Energies can cling to areas, things, objects, people

by Anonymousreply 57October 11, 2020 7:09 PM

R56 not sure what you mean. I was startled first, saw the time, said “oh of course” (I’ve woken up around that time on several occasions previously but not due to this), then couldn’t sleep for a few hours. 🤷‍♂️

R50 well, I have lost a family member recently, but not sure if that has anything to do with anything.

by Anonymousreply 58October 12, 2020 3:03 AM

Lorie Ladd has some messages that resonate with me. Not all her messages. Does anyone else here watch her videos?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 20, 2020 9:29 AM

I'm still here. The one who misses her mum. Was changing phones and then just didn't log in for a while. Nothing much has changed really. Im more worried about the US election. Have a job interview soon and my cousin had a baby girl so very excited about that. Hopefully will be able to travel to see her soon. Please by next year I hope covid ends and everybody's suffering is over.

Don't worry, I know this is isn't an alternative to therapy but I was open in saying I was looking for easy, spiritual fixes and answers. I wont be be bothering you with all that anymore. You reach anywhere when in grief and drinking.

And happy navratri everyone! Hindu festival for our goddesses.

How's everyone been?

by Anonymousreply 60October 20, 2020 10:44 PM

We're fine and hanging in there r60. Waiting for this election to be over, so the nerves can calm down and we can have resolution. Best of luck with your job interview, stay well.

by Anonymousreply 61October 21, 2020 12:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 21, 2020 1:05 AM

R60 Coincidentally, my mother passed away from Covid a few days ago. Hoping she’s in a better place now after suffering from that horrible virus and not being able to see family except through a glass window. I’ve been busy planning her funeral with family and in quiet moments, feeling heartache. This year really has been hell for so many; I really hope that the new year will bring positive change. For now, I have to accept that I will be grieving for a very long time and be gentle with myself.

by Anonymousreply 63October 21, 2020 1:17 AM

R63 sorry for your loss. Grieving takes time. Much love to you and yours.

R60 good to hear from you. I believe the virus will take another 6 months or so. The (semi)lockdowns are becoming mentally unhealthy for most of us. Congratulations with your cousin’s baby.

I personally don’t have a good feeling about the upcoming vaccines. They will hardly be tested.

by Anonymousreply 64October 21, 2020 10:42 AM

Thanks for checking in R60 -- good luck with your interview!

Condolences and virtual hugs to you R63.

by Anonymousreply 65October 21, 2020 12:46 PM

R60 Navratri blessings to you too

by Anonymousreply 66October 21, 2020 12:48 PM

How to come out of the spiritual closet DL? Any advise?

by Anonymousreply 67November 1, 2020 2:55 PM

R67 how so? Curious about what you mean. Tell us more!

by Anonymousreply 68November 1, 2020 3:52 PM

R59- Thank you- I quite like her. Her most recent video was very scary to me..but it feels right. I think Biden will win but we will be thrown into chaos. Her message is clear. DO NOT fall into fear- We need to stop the fear pendulum. Its all an illusion... Her video can be taken in a few ways.. Interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 1, 2020 4:02 PM

R68 I meant I am surrounded by people who are not into all the spiritual things. They think it’s all nonsense. To me it has become very real the past few years. I’ve developed my gifts but I admit I’m afraid of talking about it with family, they would think I was just delusional.....It has come to a point though that I can’t pretend that well anymore. It’s a struggle....

by Anonymousreply 70November 1, 2020 6:38 PM

R69 that video got to me. You are right. It’s about mindset and intention. I trust hope, hope for the future and Biden will win. He will first have to try and clean up Dump’s mess but things will get better.

by Anonymousreply 71November 1, 2020 6:53 PM

R71, This article was just referred to in another thread and I strongly believe this is what she is referring to..

This orange fuck is not going to concede and I suspect we are going to experience his attempts to incite violence and chaos at any cost.

We have to not play into the fear. Even if he wins, I suspect that he will not last. Many things will come to light.

But the vibe in the air is that Biden will win and this current regime will throw the USA into an all out war..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72November 1, 2020 11:15 PM

Has anybody else been feeling this wave of depression. It just hit me last week. I've never truly felt depression but this feeling is terrifying. Is there something going spiritually or astrologicaly? Despite the issues I already have, anxiety, grief etc, this beginners depression feeling has scared me most and I'm just at the start and can see how not living is better.

It would be better to cry and let it out and be over but its a dull, numbing, bleak, gloomy, empty feeling. I'm in my head everyday with overwhelming negative emotions and things getting to me but this feels different. I wondering if its just me or is it a period where everyone is going through something. I'm not American but scared shirtless about the election tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 73November 2, 2020 6:18 PM

R73 the collective generally feels a lot of fear. Of the virus, lockdowns of the elections etc. The media is doing a great job trying to scare everyone.

That is the fear and depression you are sensing, you just have to be aware of that fact in order to distance yourself from other people’s fear. Send it away, say it out loud a few times a day if you have to. Stop taking it all in. You can do this.

by Anonymousreply 74November 3, 2020 12:19 AM

Can anyone speak to the significance of finding bird feathers after a loved one dies? I have found bird feathers when I’m outside several days since my mom passed away and I feel like it’s been far too often to be pure coincidence. I’m wondering if this is common or if anyone has heard of this happening?

by Anonymousreply 75November 9, 2020 10:16 PM

A thread for our “eccentric” DataLoungers, I see.

by Anonymousreply 76November 9, 2020 10:32 PM

Angel feathers usually represent angels(guardian or archangels) or in shamanism they represent ancestors. The color does matter but in my experience it means being protected by them.

by Anonymousreply 77November 10, 2020 4:42 AM

anyone there?

by Anonymousreply 78April 1, 2021 3:45 PM

Yes! I still follow this thread. Lately I’ve been reading about Wicca to see how it sits with me. It’s highly ritualistic, so that takes some adjusting to (my go-to has been Buddhist/Hindu philosophy but mostly Buddhist with a little New Age spirituality thrown in. But I love its basis in respecting and revering nature and earth.

by Anonymousreply 79April 1, 2021 5:35 PM

Yes I’m here. I can do a long distance healing or a small reading if anyone fancies one or has a personal question.

by Anonymousreply 80April 14, 2021 7:06 PM

Davida, give it up, for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 81April 14, 2021 7:13 PM

R80 How cute, lol.

by Anonymousreply 82April 14, 2021 7:20 PM

Those long haired lady videos - ugh. New age people, with their tone of knowing what’s best and what’s happening on some other plane are insufferable. And she has crazy eyes. They always have crazy eyes.

by Anonymousreply 83April 14, 2021 10:59 PM

Does anyone have any new age spirituality blog recommendations? I would love to find a blog of spiritual wisdom that is updated regularly to read every morning before I start the day.

by Anonymousreply 84April 22, 2021 4:28 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 85June 23, 2021 3:33 PM

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned being willing to do a reading/healing. Does that offer still stand? I’ve had some fatigue and health issues and a psychic told me to make sure I’m taking more iron, B12, Vitamin D and that my energy is lower than it should be and that my heart is working too hard to pump blood or something to that effect. I have been taking high quality vitamins for over 6 weeks without any noticeable change in energy or overall health. In fact, I have been having occasional periods of up to a week in which I have such low energy that I can’t exercise or cook at the end of the day. I just crash for a week or several days and then go back to my baseline, which is low energy already but a bit better. This has gotten worse, but my low energy started several years ago when under a huge amount of stress from an internship I was in. I just never got my energy back.

by Anonymousreply 86June 23, 2021 3:47 PM

R75 a couple of years ago, on the dying day of my younger sister (adopted out as a baby, due to being born profoundly physically disabled thanks to medical malpractise), it was almost evilly dark and stormy weather out, and when I got into work there was a resplendent dead pheasant lying outside the door to the store at which I worked at the time. It turned out to be a terrible job at which the employer was exploiting and borderline-abusing me, a fact that I had yet to wake up then but would in short order.

As a Pagan, I like to think that the pheasant was a message of protection and reassurance as well as a warning from my deceased sister. They are valuable birds, and used to be a symbol of prosperity and nobility among other things in my country. Research tells me that overseas they can represent goddess energy and feminine power.

We hadn’t really known one another, due to the circumstances of her disability and my family’s inability to care for her (poor hillbillies, long story), but on a metaphysical level I believe we were still always connected, hence the message. I hope that when I pass in turn, I am able to send a Pagan message to my youngest still-living sister that will comfort her and give her strength.

by Anonymousreply 87June 23, 2021 4:17 PM

R86 been offline for a bit but yes of course. Could do some distance healing or a reading if you have a specific question?

In the meanwhile check out Sapien Medicine on YouTube. Would recommend it to others out here on DL too who need some healing. It’s a form of sound healing and the creators are really good at finding the right frequencies. Been doing it for a few week for my lungs and I don’t have use for my inhaler as often as I used to. It’s recommended to listen to a video for 2-3 times a day though for some it says, as often as you need.

by Anonymousreply 88July 5, 2021 2:51 PM

Find the answer in yourself. Like with Tarot card readings. The cards's symbolisms and one of many meanings of the cards should trigger something in you.

The knowledge or belief someone else is rooting for you, sending you good vibes, performing an elaborate ritual for your benefit is nice and all, but - just like lucky charms - all it can do is give you the courage to see opportunities that lead to you getting what you desire. Opportunities you couldn't see previously because you made the conscious decision to deny their existence in order to affirm your established belief of not being able to / worthy of getting what you want.

The connection to your higher self is always available to you. Some are just convinced it's not there, or they have to go through some elaborate ritual to activate the connection, because they see it as an external connection when in reality it's an internal one. Emotional alignment is the connection.

Blissful high = connection

Depressed state of mind = disconnected

by Anonymousreply 89July 5, 2021 3:17 PM

R88 just hoping to understand what the source of my fatigue is and other health issues so I can address them and take better care of myself.

R89 I try. My intuition is sporadic, and when I meditate on an issue, I come up with no answers. My expectations clearly get in the way. Intentions are supposed to be powerful, but it’s very hit or miss in terms of clarity. I have tried so many kinds of meditations and I will continue to do so, but the only thing they do is reduce anxiety at times and/or ground me a bit.

by Anonymousreply 90July 7, 2021 1:21 AM

[quote] My intuition is sporadic, and when I meditate on an issue, I come up with no answers.

What do you mean with meditate on an issue? You meditate to clear your head, not to focus on a single issue.

by Anonymousreply 91July 7, 2021 7:08 AM

R91 you’re describing mindfulness meditation, it sounds like. There are a lot of different meditations with a specific focus or desire for an outcome or manifestation: compassion/loving kindness, releasing blockages, world peace, clearing chakras, meeting soul guides, etc. Some are guided, others are just meant to focus on a word or problem or intention. There’s not one “right” way to meditate. It’s just personal preference.

by Anonymousreply 92July 7, 2021 7:23 AM

[quote] It’s just personal preference.

And it works so well for you according to:

[quote] My intuition is sporadic, and when I meditate on an issue, I come up with no answers. My expectations clearly get in the way.

by Anonymousreply 93July 7, 2021 7:30 AM

R93 Sounds like someone who needs to meditate a bit more on loving-kindness! Nonjudgment isn’t your strong suit, I see.

by Anonymousreply 94July 7, 2021 7:34 AM

[quote] Nonjudgment isn’t your strong suit, I see.

All I see is someone complaining that meditation doesn't work for him as good as it should. Like someone who complains that weight loss programs never work for him or her as they should. And we all know that if something doesn't work for you it's because you don't want it to work.

by Anonymousreply 95July 7, 2021 7:45 AM

R95 This thread is for people deepening their spiritual exploration. I’ve had powerful experiences with meditation, chair breathing, chanting, and guided meditations, etc at certain times, but recently I’ve wondered about intentions becoming expectations and how to discern the two in practice. If you don’t have anything kind to say, feel free to create your own thread to insult folks on their spiritual journeys. I’d prefer to keep this one supportive.

by Anonymousreply 96July 7, 2021 4:05 PM

Anyone still here??

by Anonymousreply 97June 12, 2022 7:14 PM

Can any of you recommend a very astute Akashic records reader who can do online readings?

by Anonymousreply 98July 9, 2022 5:56 PM

Wow. Didn't know this thread (series) existed. Nice. Total New Age nut here.

by Anonymousreply 99July 9, 2022 6:35 PM

Bumping up

by Anonymousreply 100April 8, 2023 2:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!