Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Young and the Restless Questions

Questions for fans of this show - a show I've never understood the popularity of. Any help would be appreciated:

1) Does Nikki ever show a side other than a remote/cold, monotone snob who sounds like she has a stuffed up nose? Have we ever seen her cry? Be funny? Be angry? 2) Does this show have any humor in it? Has it ever? 3) What's the deal with Katherine and her nails? Why is she always posed with her hands at her face and those TALONS on display? 4) Whatever happened to Carol, Jack's secretary with CP? Did she just disappear and they never mentioned her again? 5) Same deal with Lynne, Paul's secretary that was the daughter of a writer (this show is two for two - I'm sure she and Lauralee Bell "auditioned under a different name.") 6) WHY is this show popular? NOTHING happens and everyone is either austere, on-the-nose or both.

by Anonymousreply 563March 5, 2022 7:05 AM

Carol had polio; she died in real life; Laura Bryan Birn was well cast as the plain secretary who pined for her boss

Yes Nikki shows other emotions

by Anonymousreply 1August 29, 2020 8:19 PM

OP, you appear to be posting from 1987... Haven't watched the show in a decade. I watched Y&R and OLTL as a kid in the 80's and 90's- Could not be more different until the Gottlieb era. Anyway...

I loved the look and the background music. It was languid and really beautiful to watch. The Days Of Heaven of soaps.

The dialogue was ATROCIOUS but comforting because it was very cliched and pseudo intellectual- It was intelligent but a cliche. Very hard to explain. It was how you would expect people in the 1950's to talk.... The characters would have these inane internal monologues...

The camera work was also beautiful for a soap. And you would always have one character in the foreground and background- with the character in the foreground looking off into space-

Very stylized and VERY CONSISTENT. The show had a consistent vision and tone which other shows could only wish to have with their endless headwriters and producers.

And yes, the show was VASTLY overrated and got the ratings because of its time slot and the others shows simply lost their viewers at a greater pace/rate- Its all fucking illusion. Like everything else in life.

I loved Nikki's and Lauren's allergy sounding voices. It was very nasal and California to me!!!

by Anonymousreply 2August 29, 2020 8:21 PM

Mel Snott is a bitch. I know that.

by Anonymousreply 3August 29, 2020 8:30 PM

My question is why would a man with half a brain even watch this crap? Are you living in a trailer park? Get some class and taste.

by Anonymousreply 4August 29, 2020 8:39 PM

R4, I always wanted to be a cinematographer. And I was always shocked that a show shot on VIDEOTAPE could look so good.. That's my honest answer. I thought it was amazing that a videotaped soap could look better than a film. It's no small feat.

by Anonymousreply 5August 29, 2020 8:57 PM

I can answer the first 2 as someone who watched the show from childhood until my mid-30s...

1) Nikki has never, ever had a sense of humor. She's occasionally turned on the charm for Victor and Jack, but she doesn't really joke around. I've seen her cry a few times...the instance that sticks out in my head was when she was addicted to painkillers and alcohol. Victoria was home from boarding school and she, Nikki, Victor, and Jack went to dinner. At some point Nikki excuses herself and breaks down in tears because she's struggling with hiding her addiction. That was the early early 90s.

2) Y&R humor has always been lame compared to its sister show, B&B. Esther the maid was used as comic relief for decades, but other than her the show isn't known for its humor. The funniest moment I can recall: Back when Phyllis was psychotic, she would continually find ways to terrorize Cricket/Christine. Back when Paul and Christine were still together, they were about to get intimate while the lights were out, and after a few seconds Christine says there's someone else in the and she jumps to turn the lights on. That's when Phyllis emerges from the covers and says, "Paul, Chris...fancy meeting you here!"

That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 6August 29, 2020 9:12 PM

I have a question. Why do they keep fossils like me on the show when I look like a real-life Halloween Costume?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 24, 2020 4:58 AM

There was a funny bit when exes Sharon and Jack were with new partners, Adam and Emily, and they ran into each other in some tropical locale where Sharon and Jack had been before as a couple.

They wanted to downplay it given their new relationships. The lines went something like: Sharon: We were here a long time ago. Jack: Yeah, we don't remember it. Sharon: Yeah...we don't remember it.

Only the way Case read the second line it was like WTF you don't remember! Thereby, negating their attempts to downplay it.

Y&R was shot beautifully. B&B, too.

The show used to be more character-driven than plot driven.

by Anonymousreply 8October 24, 2020 5:06 AM

watch this scene from 1988 from B&B; Thorne shoots Ridge; Stephanie runs down the stairs in the studio and out the door on remote; matches perfectly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 24, 2020 5:09 AM

Where are the lezzys on Y&R? They are rarely on dammit!!

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2020 8:06 AM

R8, "Thorne shoots Ridge". HAHAHA...thanks for the laugh!

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2020 7:10 PM

I have a Young and Restless question: Why is it still on?

by Anonymousreply 12October 25, 2020 9:54 PM

Because dumb Dylan from the SON would melt down if Y&R is cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 13October 26, 2020 10:11 AM

My grandmother got mad at me for saying Mary Williams looked like Sweet Polly Purebred.

by Anonymousreply 14October 26, 2020 10:31 AM

I have hated the show ever since becoming aware of its existence in 1989 or so, when I started to watch ATWT and GL. The characters spoke in a way no human being I had ever known used language. It was so stilted, I could never watch more than two episodes in a row without making such enormous fun of myself, I had to give it up. I cannot explain its popularity.

It became watchable only during the very short reign of Lynn Marie Latham, if for no other reason than that the characters spoke like actual human beings, ones I knew and could (finally) recognize. She even introduced some Jewish characters in this very whitebread world.

She did not, however, do anything to get rid of the central conceit of the program, that the ancient old bag of crust known as Victor Newman was so essential, so compelling, that he was the very epicenter of life in Genoa City. Men wanted to be him, women wanted to be with him. His very "genetic material" was so desireable, women would hide in closets in hopes of extracting it from his penis.

Whereas, he's just this rich, old bag of bones who should have been gotten rid of long ago.

They've been trying to recenter the show around his various crotchdroppings, but the only one who's actually compelling enough to make me tune in on the regular is currently being written as the show's villain, and he just gets worse and worse. He's someone they could conceivably use as an antihero, the way they've done with TGVN all these years, but the only note they're giving him to play of late is "scoundrel." If the actor weren't so handsome, so charming, I'd have written the show off entirely twelve years ago (or whenever LML left).

But Mark Grossman is so completely my type, I started watching again two years ago. I noticed him on the TV in the lobby of a medical office I went to for some testing, and I just had to watch this guy tomorrow. That is the only reason I watch.

I skip entire episodes he's not in. I can't stand most of Y&R's young set. I give Kyle, Summer, Theo, and Abby the finger when they appear in the opening credits. Phyllis, too, but she's no "young set" member. How Nick can stick his dick...oh, forget it. Hope this answers some of your questions.

by Anonymousreply 15October 26, 2020 10:33 AM

R15 Are you dumb Dylan from the SON board? He has a hard on for Grossman and goes into meltdown mode if anyone says that they don’t like Adam or Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 16October 26, 2020 12:58 PM

[quote] My grandmother got mad at me for saying Mary Williams looked like Sweet Polly Purebred.

My mother used to call Mary Williams "Fish Lips".

by Anonymousreply 17October 26, 2020 1:01 PM

Mary Williams let rip the smelliest farts with her cabbage recipes.

by Anonymousreply 18October 26, 2020 2:34 PM

Did Carl ever eat out Mary’s snatch or was it strictly lights out, missionary, no sounds? I once chowed down on Katherine. The faint taste of tuna sandwich and avocado oil and a hint of pickle relish.

by Anonymousreply 19October 26, 2020 2:44 PM

If only they could cut off Chance’s head! The actor has a nice body, but he’s so homely!!! Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 20October 26, 2020 2:58 PM

Put John Driscoll’s head onto that body.

by Anonymousreply 21October 26, 2020 2:59 PM

[quote] Does Nikki ever show a side other than a remote/cold, monotone snob who sounds like she has a stuffed up nose?

There was a time where Nikki and her daughter-in-law Sharon were feuding as to who is the top Mrs. Newman. It came to a head with a charity function that Sharon was organizing and Nikki was being very snobby about the whole thing, as she is Mrs. Victor Newman

Never mind she is an ex-stripper!

by Anonymousreply 22October 26, 2020 3:01 PM

Nikki's rivalry with Sharon always had a tinge of humor to it, but she, Nikki, is the shows legacy character...I mean, after Kathrine's death SEVEN years ago, Nikki is next in line, as the "Lead" Grande Dame character. Granted, they are ALWAYS adding new characters, and other legacys pop up all the time, here and there: Lauren, Jill, maybe Christine...But it seems they are groomimg Sharon, Phylis, Chelsea, And Abby...Summer and Mariah, maybe even Hillary's twin and Lola...for longterm. I WISH the legacy characters would have more screen time...especially Lauern and Jill. I would also LOVE to see the Brook's girls come back, even if it's just short term, or Nina, even. They also need a LONG TERM Villan, who sways back and foth from evil to angelic...or maybe just evil...Like Shelia. They really missed the boat when they let Rey's wife (I forget her name) go, because she could have stuck her nose everywhere craeating havic in her wake...

by Anonymousreply 23October 26, 2020 3:06 PM

Thank you R23.....I totally agree.

by Anonymousreply 24October 26, 2020 3:12 PM

Pull that fucking WIG off Miss LeBlanc’s head!!! Jesus. He actually approved going on screen looking like that?????

by Anonymousreply 25October 26, 2020 3:12 PM

Michael has yellow hair! My fuckkng god - he looks older than Gloria!!!

by Anonymousreply 26October 26, 2020 4:16 PM

I stopped watching Y&R in 1993 yet somehow I am sure it is just later the same day in Genoa City. The actors were impeccably groomed and wore beautiful clothes. And how could you expect Nikki to do anything other than swan around her living room sighing and worrying? There is always so much going ON! Plus she has her looong name to remember....Nikki Reed Newman Abbot Newman Foster Newman ( not to be confused with Ashley Abbot Newman Abbot Newman ad nauseum).

by Anonymousreply 27October 26, 2020 11:46 PM

Normally I judge a soap based on how many guys have nice feet on the show and Y&R is just...empty. Rey, Michael, Kevin, Chance. Maybe Nate but he hasn't been barefoot yet.

by Anonymousreply 28October 27, 2020 12:20 PM

Victor has the nice feets.

by Anonymousreply 29October 27, 2020 1:02 PM

Budget cuts and a merry go round of writers have made Y&R just like all the others. For a long time it was considered a gold standard in daytime production values and consistent classic writing. Then Bell died, the power struggled happened, and now it has been coasting on past glories for about 20 years or so. Part of why Y&R worked for so long is because it was so old fashioned and was unashamed that it was soap.

by Anonymousreply 30October 27, 2020 1:12 PM

It seems you are going on a "fishing exposition". OP.

by Anonymousreply 31October 27, 2020 1:51 PM

I must give MTS her props, she can cry (if that's an emotion you will accept) when the scene calls for it. She's become more astute which is in contrast to the dumb bimbo she played in the past. There is humor between her and Sharon given the situation. I remember a couple years ago they were fighting in the horses stables, that was funny. Jill and Catherine's feuds were humorous. Drucilla and Phyllis' rivalry was humorous until they let VR go (I'm guessing because of that smug bitch MS). Kevin and Gloria used to bring the campiness but they're all boring now. Looking at old episodes of Soaps that still exist and those that have been cancelled, I'm just as stumped as you are, OP, that Y&R has lasted as long as it has. Easily GH, Search for Tomorrow, Capitol, Days, Another World, ATWT and GL, were better in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 32October 27, 2020 1:56 PM

Lily is humorless.

by Anonymousreply 33October 27, 2020 7:30 PM

Fuck YOU Nikki. Be gone!

by Anonymousreply 34October 29, 2020 12:08 AM

I'd rather watch 70's reruns of "The Doctors" than "The Old and the Useless".

by Anonymousreply 35October 29, 2020 12:15 AM

I loved Bold & the Beautiful. Stephanie rocked.

by Anonymousreply 36October 29, 2020 12:34 AM

Stephanie always seemed like an old bull dyke.

by Anonymousreply 37October 29, 2020 8:38 AM

"The Young and the Restless" had some good moments back in the early-mid 1980's, particularly wrapping up the Brooks and Foster families to bring in the Abbotts, Williams and Newmans. Having Jill marry John Abbott kept original matriarch Liz Foster (Brooks) around a lot longer than had she just faded away like they originally intended after Snapper left. She was gone for a short time (said to be visiting Snapper and Chris in England) but came back to be involved in Jill's issues, especially when Dina was first introduced and when Jill was being blackmailed with puzzle pieces that showed her having sex with Jack. Stuart Brooks however got the shaft, really having nothing to do outside of investigate the mob after Liz left him, basically fading away and said in brief passing to have died off-screen. Robert Colbert (Stuart) and Brett Hadley (Carl Williams) had similar looks which may have confused viewers, although they could have kept Leslie Brooks around to at least have one part of the original core family there.

The John/Jill/Dina storyline was great. I still prefer Deborah Adair as my favorite of the many Jill's, but Brenda Dickson (with or without the "D") was great when she first came back until she went overboard with the camp that came around as her hair got fluffier. Even back then I could tolerate "the mustache" and former stripper Nikki as she wasn't so uppity then. Katharine churning her nails together to scheme against Jill was a lot of fun, but my favorite villainess during this time was Eve Howard (Margaret Mason) who was really scary when she went psycho and on different occasions tried to kill both Victor and Nikki, and threatened Julia with a knife.

by Anonymousreply 38October 29, 2020 3:59 PM

Donny Boaz is fugly! Ick.

by Anonymousreply 39October 29, 2020 4:05 PM

Thank you R38.

by Anonymousreply 40October 29, 2020 4:14 PM

You're welcome, Leslie. You always succeeded in bringing me a little night music, even with your follies.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 29, 2020 4:26 PM

Well R41 - it is sad that you have been taken in by that imposter.....but your heart is in the right place.

by Anonymousreply 42October 29, 2020 4:28 PM

Whatever happen to Cricket, was it, Blair???

by Anonymousreply 43October 29, 2020 4:35 PM

Will this show die when that German fossil who plays Victor dies?

by Anonymousreply 44October 29, 2020 5:39 PM

Alan Sarapa the ugly fuck is having organisms in his momma’s basement over Donny Boaz, Chance Chancellor.

by Anonymousreply 45January 31, 2021 9:38 AM

I don’t watch any soaps now, but when I was a teenager I taped AMC and ATWT every day, and AW some days. When school was out and I wasn’t outside, I’d watch all the others just to see what was going on. I could never get into Y&R other than a random story or character now and then. It just never really interested me. I didn’t care for the “look” of it. I did like Eileen Davidson as Ashley; she was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 46January 31, 2021 3:16 PM

Brendad Ickson was THE draw to Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 47January 31, 2021 6:47 PM

Catering to Eric Braeden's massive ego really hurt the show in my opinion. It was like a non-stop Newman show every episode. If it wasn't Nikki, it was Victoria; if it wasn't Victoria, it was Nick. And Victor all the time. Victor would tell policemen, lawyers, hospital staff what to do. He would beat men half his age, who were in better shape and still win. Ridiculous. Nothing has changed. The worst was his rivalry with Jack, which was great for a while, but when it always resulted in Jack losing and Victor winning, it became ridiculous and played out.

As old-fashioned as Y&R was, it took its time to tell stories, so the payoff was amazing. Now the stories make no sense or they're dropped entirely. There's no consistency anymore.

It has coasted long enough.

by Anonymousreply 48January 31, 2021 8:01 PM

I want to see the lezzies!!!!! Now. The lezzies are the real draw to Yawn &Rested.

by Anonymousreply 49January 31, 2021 8:18 PM

I stopped watching last week when Mariah was chosen to be Abby's surrogate and Dull-Von and his tribe starting taking over hours and hours of story time.....

I switched to I LOVE LUCY on the Decades Channel. I thought it would take me longer to miss it. I get all I need to know about it from the threads here.

by Anonymousreply 50January 31, 2021 8:20 PM

The show is about the fashion industry. Have they ever had an openly gay character? We know about the closet case actors.

by Anonymousreply 51January 31, 2021 8:34 PM

Philip (Thom Bierdz) came back from the dead and out of the closet. It was an awful rewrite of history that made no sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 31, 2021 10:00 PM

Yes, MTS usually plays every scene with that same snobby “I shit ice cream” smugness, though she was actually was very compelling in a storyline years ago where a maid that Victor hired was trying to gaslight sober Nikki by spiking into her morning OJ with vodka, where she eventually thought she was losing her mind. She actually played the scenes with an uncharacteristic vulnerability that one doesn’t usually associate with Nikki.

I don’t really remember Kay’s nails, as much as her bellowing voice, usually whenever Jill entered the room. She always reminded me of a geriatric Martha in “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?”

by Anonymousreply 53January 31, 2021 10:32 PM

I watched the show on and off for many years. Getting rid of Ed Scott (Melanie’s husband) and Kay Alden was the beginning of the show’s downfall. That was in 2001. It’s been crappy that long. Alden is still involved occasionally, but nothing like before.

The loss of Jeanne Cooper really hurt as well.

by Anonymousreply 54January 31, 2021 10:40 PM

Mark Grossman looks way too young and callow to be interacting with characters played by actors he's cleared a decade and a half younger than, like Sharon Case and Michelle Stafford. He looks a lot younger than Melissa Claire Egan too. Aside from that, he's just unappealing and completely unable to inject any humanity into Adam Newman.

by Anonymousreply 55January 31, 2021 10:54 PM

Dumb Dylan from the SON whacks his meat while watching Mark Grosdman. Ewwwwww! SON has weirdos over there.

by Anonymousreply 56January 31, 2021 11:50 PM

[quote]Aside from that, he's just unappealing and completely unable to inject any humanity into Adam Newman.

The place where humanity might be injected is the writing, not the acting. Mark Grossman is the only appealing actor on this shitshow IMO. He's the only reason I watch it, though I hate the stroke storyline. I fast forward through anything with Summer and Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 57February 1, 2021 12:00 AM

Twitter moron Alan Sarapa’ j/o material Donny Boaz got the ax. Boaz claims that they had to let actors go because of covid testing costs. Y&R is in budget trouble cuz ratings are way way down from a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 58February 1, 2021 12:23 AM

The show is going to make a HUGE comeback with the sizzling romance between Jack and Sally that everyone is clamoring for!!!

by Anonymousreply 59February 1, 2021 12:27 AM

Y&R hasn’t been worth watching since they wrote Gloria out.

by Anonymousreply 60February 1, 2021 12:29 AM

Gaston is better looking than Boaz, but Gaston is a terrible actor. No energy to him. They won’t bring him back. He was cringeworthy. Nice looking but can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 61February 1, 2021 1:39 AM

R22, R23 = Sad, sad trolls wasting their lives watching trash.

by Anonymousreply 62February 1, 2021 2:51 PM

Fuck you Gaston. You’re not hired!

by Anonymousreply 63February 1, 2021 3:23 PM

R52, it was the worst.

The women were great. Bierdz was still difficult to understand. There's something nasally about his voice.

by Anonymousreply 64February 1, 2021 3:26 PM

Bierdz never won an Emmy????

by Anonymousreply 65February 1, 2021 3:42 PM

Surprised this item made Deadline, of all places.

Wondering why his departure is so abrupt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 1, 2021 5:03 PM

The first 5 years were great. It jumped the shark when Stuart Brooks married Jill Foster. He was the moral compass and now he was trashed.

Jeanne Cooper was the hammiest actress since Grayson Hall.

by Anonymousreply 67February 1, 2021 5:16 PM

I've tried several times over the last few years to watch and it always seems sooo deadly dull.

And not slow in that slow burn way many stories were in the 80s and 90s. Just, deadly dull. Things weren't really happening, people were just talking about nothing. Or weirdly saying what another character was thinking or doing.

by Anonymousreply 68February 1, 2021 5:18 PM

Apparently Boaz has a long history of deplorable/racist behavior online and it may have seeped into the studio.

by Anonymousreply 69February 1, 2021 7:21 PM

Any receipts, r69?

He doesn't look anything like either Philip Chancellor, but he was certainly passable as Nina's son. And I liked him with Abby.

by Anonymousreply 70February 1, 2021 7:37 PM

R70.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 1, 2021 7:52 PM

Thanks, r71. MAGAT or not, I still liked him as Chance. And I'm at least as liberal as The Great Eric Braeden.

by Anonymousreply 72February 1, 2021 7:55 PM

It seems like Nikki used to cry in every scene back when I watched. She has always been insufferable, even when she was a stripper.

There used to be a lot of funny (campy) scenes back in the 80s when it was must see TV for haus fraus. Pretty much every scene Brendad Ickson was in was comedy gold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 1, 2021 8:24 PM

No great loss. Never really cared for him in the role. Donny Boaz never really clicked in the role. Never felt like the right actor for the role. .

However, he did seem to be putting more effort into the part since coming back from covid quarantine and I was consequently liking him a little more. A little

by Anonymousreply 74February 1, 2021 8:29 PM

No one cared about Donny. I, Scoche Marin, play the grande dame of the Chancellor family, Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75February 1, 2021 11:06 PM

Alan Sarapa, the HOTTIE who considers himself an influencer, jerked off looking at Donnie. Eww ewwwww ewwwww

by Anonymousreply 76February 1, 2021 11:17 PM

Vee, who is in the biz, made the call about Donny.

by Anonymousreply 77February 1, 2021 11:33 PM

Vee fired Donny Boaz. There isn’t anything that Vee isn’t an expert on. Vee knows EVERYTHING!!! He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 78February 2, 2021 12:51 AM

r52, he found out he was gay, so he left and faked his death, instead of...oh, I don't know...asking for a divorce? maybe?

soap opera writing...you gotta love it.

by Anonymousreply 79February 2, 2021 1:24 AM

Chance Chancellor. Typical CORNY soap lame. Just laughable...

by Anonymousreply 80February 2, 2021 1:45 AM

Who is Vee?

How do you think they will write Chance off? He's in the middle of a surrogacy story.

by Anonymousreply 81February 2, 2021 1:46 AM

Dumb Dylan thinks he is on the pulse of hot Y&R gossip ha ha ha ha. What a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 82February 2, 2021 1:50 AM

the stupid soap twitter queens think they are experts on y&r history and the soap form. lolollol they were like 7 when JFP took over

by Anonymousreply 83February 2, 2021 1:53 AM

Alan Sarapa from twitter is an ugly homo who lives in his momma’s basement and thinks that his “job” is a soap opera influencer. lolololol What a fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 84February 2, 2021 7:22 AM

[quote]How do you think they will write Chance off?

With a clumsy re-write / re-edit that allows for an undefined absence. They didn't really need the sperm part.

by Anonymousreply 85February 2, 2021 12:10 PM

When did Y&R become so fucking boring? Jesus. Its sleep inducing!

by Anonymousreply 86February 4, 2021 12:02 AM

I have a Y&R question: why does Dumb Dylan (aka The Idiot) make up rumors about Y&R, believe everything he sees on Twitter, and then post it to SON? Why doesnt Dummy Dylan just ask Vee, who is in the biz?

by Anonymousreply 87February 4, 2021 12:13 AM

My asshole is restless

by Anonymousreply 88February 4, 2021 12:23 AM

Oh, how, I, Scoche Marin, used to enjoy drinking my way through town with my dear Jeanne back in the 1970s and 1980s! She always wanted me to play Katherine Chancellor. I have taken her up on her wish and am the most successful recast in soap opera history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89February 4, 2021 1:35 AM

Dumbass Dylan posted on SON that Lucci is going to be on the AMC reboot, but it turns out she is going to some other series. What a dumb Fuck Dylan is. So fucking stupid. At least the moron Vee is in the biz and knows everything.

by Anonymousreply 90February 4, 2021 5:03 AM

Did anything happened this week?

by Anonymousreply 91February 4, 2021 2:37 PM

I don't see the Boaz being ugly thing you bitches seem to be repeating. Only thing i can think of is that he might be republican in real life? I think he's not beautiful but he is attractive, to me.

by Anonymousreply 92February 4, 2021 2:52 PM

R86 I think the show is not creative anymore. It is repeating storylines with the same characters/ families it has had since the 80s. After a decade Bill Bell changed focus from Brooks family to other families. I think Y&R shouldve done or committed to doing this with other families it had brought on. They focused too much on Niktor, Villy and Shick/Phic or Phack. The same way Bell's talentless son continues repeating that Steffy/Liam/Hope triangle crap

by Anonymousreply 93February 4, 2021 2:59 PM

Boaz is a much better actor than the wooden Justin Gaston.

by Anonymousreply 94February 4, 2021 3:12 PM

Billy and Lily? Give me a break.

Mariah having a baby for Abby? Give me a break.

Dull Von and Amanda/Hillary/Amanda/Hillary.....give me a break.

Never mind. I'll take the break myself.

by Anonymousreply 95February 4, 2021 3:15 PM

r90, Lucci is going to another series?!? That bitch has to be 85 years old by now!!! Hasn't she retired yet?

And she'll still try to "act" like she's 40...WTFever.

by Anonymousreply 96February 5, 2021 12:11 AM

Braeden has no storyline. That must piss him off.

by Anonymousreply 97February 5, 2021 7:30 PM

R96 - She is 74 years old and born on December 23, 1946.

by Anonymousreply 98February 5, 2021 8:00 PM

When will something happen on Y&R? It’s sooooooo booooorrrrriiiiiinnnnnnggggg?

by Anonymousreply 99February 6, 2021 3:11 AM

Are the lezzys on this week?

by Anonymousreply 100February 8, 2021 5:32 AM

Still better to watch than that shitshow Bold and the Beautiful. They've been focusing on Liam going back and forth between Steffy and Hope for the last several years. Liam is such a pussy. It's going to be bizarre when Bill Spencer, Jr. crosses over to Y&R tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 101February 8, 2021 5:49 AM

Stupid idea to have ‘Brad’ cross over to Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 102February 8, 2021 8:56 AM

Why aren’t my stories on this week????

by Anonymousreply 103February 10, 2021 12:42 PM

I do like Finn on BB. For once, a nice guy and easy on the eyes. Ridge looks so old. YR is so very boring. Jack and Sally? Yikes. Can Jack even get it up at this point? Chelsea in a wheel chair. Best acting she’s ever done. Sit there, blink and look like a green bean. YR has no story. Just dumb dialogue leading to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 104February 10, 2021 12:54 PM

Dumb Dylan thinks Y&R is great.

by Anonymousreply 105February 10, 2021 1:13 PM

I gave up on Y&R last week. Getting rid of Donny Boaz, whose Chance turned Abby into a character I could stand, was pure stupidity, and was just my last straw (Chelsea's stroke was my penultimate straw).

by Anonymousreply 106February 10, 2021 1:35 PM

Boaz was MAGA

by Anonymousreply 107February 10, 2021 2:45 PM

I know that, r107. And Justin Gaston was some sort of antigay Xtian. Boaz humanized Abby in a way no one had before, and which Gaston was unable to replicate. Je ne give a fuck pas about his politics when he worked so well in the role. He *was* Chance.

by Anonymousreply 108February 10, 2021 2:50 PM

Sharon Case is maga.

by Anonymousreply 109February 10, 2021 2:50 PM

Sharon Case turned 50 this week.

by Anonymousreply 110February 10, 2021 11:00 PM

Again?

by Anonymousreply 111February 10, 2021 11:46 PM

Why does Grossman want a 50 year old dried up cunt? Hmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 112February 11, 2021 12:23 AM

It never deserved the ratings it got and it unwatchable now. BB is another soap that has always been atrocious. Worst acting.

by Anonymousreply 113February 11, 2021 12:26 AM

Remember when Nellie Branco was drunk at some Emmy party and he claimed that Douggie D punched him and everyone stood by and laughed? Of course, Nellie never pressed charges. Even Miss Chrissy was standing around laughing at the drunk Nelly Bottom.

by Anonymousreply 114February 15, 2021 10:55 AM

What did Nellie expect? He told Doug that Muhney should have won instead

by Anonymousreply 115February 15, 2021 2:01 PM

Muhney over Doug? Never ever ever. I’d have laughed at drunk Nellie too!

by Anonymousreply 116February 15, 2021 4:39 PM

Hello my lovelies. Scoche Marin here, your favorite Katherine Chancellor. I just taped highly charged scenes when Kay finally smiles after her postpartum depression after giving birth to Nicholas Newman’s son. This will be on my Daytime Emmy reel for Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 16, 2021 2:06 AM

Doug punched me and you all laughed! I’ll press charges! Not. Lolololol

by Anonymousreply 118February 16, 2021 3:06 AM

Hey Scoche - did you get give blowjobs to Sexy Rexy Quinn Redeker?

by Anonymousreply 119February 16, 2021 10:01 AM

Your predecessor Jeanne used to take her choppers out and give gumjobs to Sexy Rexy Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 120February 16, 2021 10:22 AM

Just saw Max Schippee (Hot Daddy Graham) for a split second in some drug commercial with the fat guy from Mike and Molly. Still looking hot!

by Anonymousreply 121February 17, 2021 10:33 PM

Dear Nellie Branco: Shut the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 122February 18, 2021 5:45 AM

This show needs to be put out of its misery. It's unwatchable. So dull and unsexy.

by Anonymousreply 123February 18, 2021 6:04 AM

Dumb Dylan loves Y&R!!!

by Anonymousreply 124February 18, 2021 7:32 AM

Dear Nellie Branco: fuck off! Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 125February 20, 2021 10:34 AM

Sally Spectra is a waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 126February 22, 2021 2:41 PM

Everyone was raving about the actress (I was unfamiliar with her from B&B) only to have her arrive and do nothing but mug for the camera. That 'showdown' between her and Summer last week was like the Battle of the Mallards.

by Anonymousreply 127February 23, 2021 2:51 AM

It was Vee’s idea to bring Sally Spectra to Y&R. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 128February 23, 2021 10:04 AM

Dumbo Dylan thinks that Sally is the best thing to hit GC since Mark Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 129February 23, 2021 10:43 AM

Dummy Dylan thinks this Y&R is peAk TV. What an idiot

by Anonymousreply 130February 23, 2021 10:02 PM

Hello my loves! I, Scoche Marin, as the definitive Katherine Chancellor, have finally kicked Jess Walton’s Jill Foster Abbott out of my beautiful house and grounds. You will relish these scenes when they air!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 24, 2021 3:13 AM

Wow Scoche! Jeanne who?

by Anonymousreply 132February 24, 2021 3:14 AM

Ms. Marin, when will these scenes air on Y&R? And is it true that Brendad is replacing Jess?

by Anonymousreply 133February 24, 2021 3:25 AM

Unfortunately, Brendad is in a 90 day involuntary lockup ever since President Biden was sworn in and absolutely no proof of a “stolded” election was proven. She had a complete mental breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 134February 24, 2021 10:19 AM

I miss the Brendan Ickson update thread. Psycho was never so entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 135February 24, 2021 10:41 AM

r121

he was hot... I miss him

by Anonymousreply 136February 24, 2021 3:04 PM

Why is it still on TV?!

by Anonymousreply 137February 24, 2021 4:28 PM

Dumb Dylan has been named Executive Producer of Pine Valley and soon to be announced Llanview!!!! Congrats, Dumb Dylan! You are as smart as Vee, who is in the biz. Your integglgence, dum Dylan has pade off!! Smartiest man!

by Anonymousreply 138February 24, 2021 5:40 PM

The liberty biberty guy on B&B is the best actor of the year!! lololololol

by Anonymousreply 139February 24, 2021 5:48 PM

dumb dylan is going to. poach mark grossman for the Pine Valley pilot and pair him with MCE’s Annie because ~ChAdAm luv ~

by Anonymousreply 140February 24, 2021 7:36 PM

EVERYONE listens to Vee. He’s in the biz. He’s rebooting OLTL next.

by Anonymousreply 141February 24, 2021 8:08 PM

dummy dylan wants to bring over Mal Young and Josh Griffith to produce and write Pine Valley

by Anonymousreply 142February 24, 2021 8:55 PM

Llanview. Dylan: Executive Producer. Oh wait, Vee is EP. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 143February 25, 2021 2:52 AM

Memo to Dumb Dylan: Stop being so fucking stupid!!

by Anonymousreply 144February 25, 2021 11:23 AM

I could not be more thrilled to begin another week of Emmy worthy performances as Katherine Chancellor on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, television’s number one daytime drama. Love, Scoche Marin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 1, 2021 9:36 AM

Dylan has the gossip!

by Anonymousreply 146March 1, 2021 3:32 PM

Dumb fuck Dylan is so fucking stupid! Vee has his number. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 147March 1, 2021 5:20 PM

Dylan can’t spell and Vee, who is in the biz, hates him and himself!

by Anonymousreply 148March 1, 2021 5:30 PM

Vee is very busy handling the GH nightmare. Vee is in the biz you know.

by Anonymousreply 149March 1, 2021 6:25 PM

Vee gets me hard.........down there. He’s in the biz, u know.

by Anonymousreply 150March 1, 2021 9:37 PM

I am in the biz

by Anonymousreply 151March 1, 2021 11:37 PM

Richard Burgi has been cast on y&r and dumb Dylan does not know who he is. JFC. When will Vee, who is in the biz, finally get him banned from SON?

by Anonymousreply 152March 1, 2021 11:53 PM

I watched the today again after several months and Lauren could hardly open her mouth she's had so much work done. Sharon Case looks older and she too has had a lot of work done. Michelle Stafford is a crazy bitch but she still looks good but she also looks like she has been tweaked.

by Anonymousreply 153March 2, 2021 12:08 AM

Grossman is still eating out Cases’s snatch. Yum yum yum!

by Anonymousreply 154March 2, 2021 9:12 AM

Jesus Christ! Dumb Dylan is so fucking stupid! Get him off the SON boards. He’s too stupid. What a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 155March 2, 2021 11:34 AM

Hello my dear lovelies! I am having a glorious time playing the new, but definitive Katherine Chancellor on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, television’s number one daytime drama. I, Scoche Marin, will be sweeping the Daytime Emmys for this wonderful Bell creation. Cheers for now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 3, 2021 10:53 PM

You’re too good to us, Schoche Marin (NuKay), by continuing to grace us by your presence! 👑

by Anonymousreply 157March 3, 2021 11:18 PM

Scoche Marin is a dear, lovely gem of a woman. Thank you for keeping us updated, despite your busy schedule. Hugs and kisses!

by Anonymousreply 158March 3, 2021 11:22 PM

The moron Nellie Bottom Branco is still going on about Douggie D punching him out YEARS ago. Good for Douggie for doing what so many want to do!

by Anonymousreply 159March 6, 2021 8:49 PM

Fuck Scoche

by Anonymousreply 160March 6, 2021 9:02 PM

^ Marla, you're not fooling anybody.

by Anonymousreply 161March 6, 2021 9:25 PM

Marla, dear, why don’t you go polish your Emmys. Oh, yes, that’s right. Nevermind. Love, Scoche (the Real Katherine Chancellor)

by Anonymousreply 162March 6, 2021 11:15 PM

Who gives a fuck about watching the last year of Y&R?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 9, 2021 7:01 AM

Has Miss Jamey Giddens commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 164March 9, 2021 12:54 PM

Is Zende on B&B a gay? Not the character.

by Anonymousreply 165March 9, 2021 5:56 PM

Why do they have what seems like most of B&B but only a pittance when it comes to Y&R? Sony is a mess when it comes to streaming.

by Anonymousreply 166March 9, 2021 6:01 PM

R166 Three thousand episodes of B&B is just something over a third of the entire soap, since episodes now number over 8,500. .. And while I haven't looked at Paramount+, if I had to guess, I'd say the majority of the B&B episodes they'll have will probably be from the last ten years or so, since these later episodes were more than likely already digitized and formatted for streaming when they were first produced. As I recall, CBS started streaming daytime soaps ca. 2007.

I might also guess that Sony Pictures may not want to license their historical episodes of Y&R to CBS-Paramount, because Sony could still be trying to figure out if they want to retain the Y&R library for their own (future) use at Crackle or some other site.

by Anonymousreply 167March 9, 2021 9:03 PM

Poor “Sally”....she is going from a romance with super hot Pierson”Thomas Forrester” Fode to an old crone fossil Peter “Jack Abbott” Bergman? Damn, hope she gets an extra hardship pay for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 9, 2021 9:11 PM

I've never found Peter Bergman's body hot. Even when he was younger, I remember cringing on those (rather rare) occasions when they'd show him shirtless.

I guess all that can be said for him today is that he's maintained his girlish figure and looks more fit than most 67-year old men.

by Anonymousreply 169March 9, 2021 10:12 PM

Sally and Jack is a stupid pairing. Sally should never have been brought onto Y&Boring

by Anonymousreply 170March 9, 2021 10:48 PM

Didn’t Jack have another son? Kimo? Don’t hear much about him.

by Anonymousreply 171March 9, 2021 11:17 PM

R171 Keemo returned to Vietnam. They occasionally mentioned him, but not lately, and nothing of great import. I remember a couple times Jack said something about him around Christmas, and I think Ashley once said she saw him when they were both in Paris at the same time.

You know, even if Bergman doesn't want to replay anything related to that rather eye-rolling and saccharine Vietnam retcon from the mid-90s, I'd suggest they still mine the diversity the story held and now have two of Keemo's young adult children show up in Genoa City after it's reported that single dad Keemo has been killed in a car accident or something. .. Jack's grandson could be an 19-year old Eurasian model-designer who's hired by Lauren at FenMo's, and his sister could be a high school sophomore hoping to study dance. Aunt Traci would immediately be reminded of Colleen and become her niece's surrogate mother. They could say these kids' absent mother was French eurotrash who pulled a Dina and took off, thereby leaving the door open for an appearance by her at some point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 9, 2021 11:54 PM

It was a stupid retcon to think that Jack Abbott of all characters would have gone to Vietnam. He would have gotten some kind of deferment. Who wrote that mess?

by Anonymousreply 173March 9, 2021 11:56 PM

R173 Yeah, when you think of how Jack was written when Terry Lester was in the role, it made absolutely no sense. .. Bell seemed to ignore quite a bit of that, though, and it seemed like he was on a mission to turn Bergman's Jack into some kind of "Prince Charming." (Remember, that's who Bergman's Jack was dressed-up as at the memorable Masquerade Ball.) The character also began aching for babies, yet when Lester was in the role, Jack actually wanted Jill to have an abortion and even sought to have a secret vasectomy when he was married to Patty.

As for the Vietnam retcon itself, that was a Bill Bell story ca.1995 when he was still EP-HW. It was specifically written to correspond with the real-life 20th Anniversary of the Fall of Saigon (1975), which was getting a lot of play in the news at the time.

Yep, even Bell had his clunkers, and this was one of them.

by Anonymousreply 174March 10, 2021 12:21 AM

Wasn't Bell HW in name only in 95? I thought the dementia had started then? I might be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 175March 10, 2021 1:04 AM

R175 From what I remember, I think it was a couple years later - more like 1997 - then after the show's 25th anniversary in 1998, they used that opportunity to hand the HW spot over to Alden.

by Anonymousreply 176March 10, 2021 1:37 AM

Bill had the alz as soon as ‘92.

by Anonymousreply 177March 10, 2021 6:00 PM

Watch B&B today. Embarassing.

by Anonymousreply 178March 10, 2021 6:25 PM

How to get rid of boring Chelsea ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179March 10, 2021 6:50 PM

Nikki must've found that 1980s metallic number with the big shoulder pads at the bottom of her Bayou costume trunk.

by Anonymousreply 180March 10, 2021 7:28 PM

The show is SO fucking boring! Remind me again why Morona and Griffith are employed

by Anonymousreply 181March 10, 2021 7:29 PM

Right, r179. Where's Richard Widmark when you need him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182March 10, 2021 8:16 PM

Did Y&R get a budget cut or something? I have to be honest the sets and the wardrobe doesn't look any better than Days and Days is supposed to have almost half the budget of Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 183March 10, 2021 9:34 PM

R183 Perhaps they've had to to reduce expenses in some areas in order to pay for some unforeseen production costs related to filming under COVID restrictions (ongoing lab testing, more cleaning/sanitizing, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 184March 10, 2021 11:42 PM

Didn't Sally Spectra die on B&B?

Or am I thinking of someone else? Another rotund actress perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 185March 11, 2021 1:02 AM

R185 Darlene Conley, the actress who played "Sally Spectra" died in 2007, but Bradley Bell opted to not kill the character off, preferring to say she's off in some tropical paradise with her cabana boys. As I recall, Y&R just had Sally Jr. and Jack Abbott repeat that story when the younger Sally showed up in Genoa City.

by Anonymousreply 186March 11, 2021 6:06 AM

Is Chelsea still having a stroke? I gave up.

by Anonymousreply 187March 11, 2021 6:11 AM

Yup, Darlene Connly was rotund. So is Beth Maitland. Rotund and obese.

by Anonymousreply 188March 11, 2021 6:14 AM

Is it just me or is Y&R so damn boring right now? The only semi interesting thing is the promise of Chelsea going nuts.

by Anonymousreply 189March 11, 2021 3:10 PM

Dullsville. Kyle blows a load in some random broad in NY years ago. So what. Sharon can’t keep her legs closed. Victoria is a spoiled bitch. Devon is still a bore. Let Theo bust a nut in Abby. Baby on the way. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 190March 11, 2021 3:24 PM

Devon is a waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 191March 11, 2021 5:21 PM

[quote] Is it just me or is Y&R so damn boring right now?

If "right now" means ever since Josh Griffith was re-installed as head writer, then no, you're not alone.

by Anonymousreply 192March 11, 2021 10:52 PM

[quote] Dullsville. Kyle blows a load in some random broad in NY years ago.

I was thinking, if they wanted to go that route, they could have used some history and had the girl who had JaBottom's baby off-screen be Michael's sister, Eden Baldwin. .. Recall, Eden and Kyle had some hookups when Blake Hood was in the role. They could have cast a NuEden with a 7-year old and expanded The Baldwin Family with a link to The Abbotts.

by Anonymousreply 193March 12, 2021 12:05 AM

Wow r193, you should be the writer. Good suggestions.

by Anonymousreply 194March 12, 2021 2:04 AM

Where is Miss Chrissy LeBlanc? I miss him.

by Anonymousreply 195March 12, 2021 8:47 AM

I’m here, Gays! A rainbow just for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196March 12, 2021 12:28 PM

Vee, who is in the biz, is too busy knowing everything about politics to get us a new HW

by Anonymousreply 197March 12, 2021 1:04 PM

There is nothing that Vee doesn’t know. What a fucken MESS!

by Anonymousreply 198March 12, 2021 2:43 PM

Is Chrissy a gay?

by Anonymousreply 199March 12, 2021 8:33 PM

Sorry, Gays. I get the gay speculation a lot. I suppose it’s because I keep myself in great shape despite being 60+. You can look, but you can’t touch. Lol!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200March 12, 2021 8:49 PM

Then Chrissy's husbear posts photos from the same bedroom balcony located in the Beverly Hills townhome they share.

by Anonymousreply 201March 12, 2021 11:31 PM

Chrissy makes me moist - down there.

by Anonymousreply 202March 13, 2021 3:57 AM

What's the husbear's instagram?

by Anonymousreply 203March 13, 2021 11:05 AM

I quit watching Y&R when Snapper Foster left town!

by Anonymousreply 204March 15, 2021 5:10 PM

The Liberty biberty guy from B&B is a terrible actor!

by Anonymousreply 205March 15, 2021 5:54 PM

Why aren’t the lezzys on more?

by Anonymousreply 206March 16, 2021 11:01 AM

Why do most of the actors on Bold and Beautiful seem overdressed? Everyone seems to have coats or hats on indoors. Are they keeping the sets super cold for ventilation?

by Anonymousreply 207March 18, 2021 3:20 AM

R206 I read they’re moving in with Abby since Mariah is her surrogate. Are they really not re acting Chance?

by Anonymousreply 208March 18, 2021 3:24 AM

Is Devon a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 209March 18, 2021 5:55 PM

Yes, they is.

by Anonymousreply 210March 18, 2021 6:09 PM

So Bryton is now straight? The men he picked up online would say differently.

by Anonymousreply 211March 20, 2021 3:38 AM

ok I chuckled at this for a couple of reasons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212March 22, 2021 2:50 PM

Wait - Bryton McClure is gay or has sex with men? This is the first I've heard of this!

by Anonymousreply 213March 22, 2021 5:02 PM

Dumb fuck Dylan from SON posted all the April sweeps spoilers. Stupid asshole!

by Anonymousreply 214March 25, 2021 9:32 AM

It said April Sweeps over theyre in Soap Dyejest

by Anonymousreply 215March 25, 2021 9:50 AM

There spoilers.

by Anonymousreply 216March 25, 2021 11:17 AM

Who all is on the list of people Vee has had banned from SON? He’s in the biz, you know. And fuck you too Dramatist, KMan, CarlDWR, Khan, vetsoap, creepy chaaterbator, and the fat old masterbator.

by Anonymousreply 217March 25, 2021 11:05 PM

SON is full of MESSES! They’re all weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 218March 25, 2021 11:08 PM

Neil's son with Sofia is coming to Genoa.

by Anonymousreply 219March 26, 2021 6:48 AM

Who is Sophia?

by Anonymousreply 220March 26, 2021 8:33 AM

Faith Newman needs a gay best friend.

by Anonymousreply 221March 26, 2021 6:51 PM

Little Dolly Parton snatches a fifth of shanty booze from Grandma Nikki and takes a drive in the snow while crooked. Yippee.....they can use the hospital ER set again. Now let’s hope they can also use the Genoa City morgue set afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 222March 26, 2021 7:07 PM

R174, even if (when, I suppose) Bell had a clunker, he played it out and moved on; I hate watching shows written by committees; one clunker turns into another, dominoes into the next etc.

by Anonymousreply 223March 26, 2021 7:08 PM

Hey, girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 26, 2021 8:56 PM

That hair!

by Anonymousreply 225March 26, 2021 9:06 PM

R220 some fat black chick that was on a few years ago that Neil had a son with that is now sorased and coming on the show.

by Anonymousreply 226March 27, 2021 1:12 AM

Where are my lezzys????????? They are the only reason I watch this shitfest! I want my lezzys!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 227March 27, 2021 1:51 AM

The group that owns Television City where Y&R, B&B, TPIR and other shows are taped ,is planning to spend over 1 billion dollars renovating, expanding and upgrading the entire lot if they get approval.

by Anonymousreply 228March 27, 2021 8:10 AM

Y&R and B&B are moving to the CBS Radford studios so its a moot point.

by Anonymousreply 229March 27, 2021 9:17 AM

R228 It's my understanding that the old CBS studios (where those shows are done) are protected as historic landmarks by the City of Los Angeles. The same capital investment group that owns it now bought the old Culver Studios several years back and (imho) have done a wonderful job at integrating their new media buildings with the historic ones that were also protected. It's actually kind of amazing to me that CBS never developed the land around Television City and left it as this huge flat parking lot all these years.

by Anonymousreply 230March 27, 2021 9:49 AM

I watched the show back in the day and remember the Jack Vietnam backstory. I hated it because at the time Jack was dating a woman who was my fave actor on the show. forget her character name. With the Vietnam family appearing it sunk her romantic chases with Jack and they turned her into a psycho bitch who kidnapped Cricket and who Victor had put in the nuthouse.

by Anonymousreply 231March 27, 2021 9:59 AM

[quote] a few years ago

It was more like a decade ago. And Moses was born in 2011.

How time flies.

by Anonymousreply 232March 27, 2021 10:01 AM

they're nuts not to bring Julia Pace Mitchell back for some shows; same as not having Olivia on with Nate.

when Ellen Parker was introduced as the new Maureen on GL, she had her first scenes visiting Bea (Lee Lawson) who was away taking care of Tony and Annabelle's kid

They had nuMoe saying 'oh, Ma...' just like Ellen D. would.

It made accepting the new Maureen easy; yes, we're talking aged kids over recasts, but soaps are about family. when will they get that?

by Anonymousreply 233March 28, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote] same as not having Olivia on with Nate.

Tonya Lee Williams is not local and far too busy for this sheeeet, so it would probably have to be NuOlivia with Nate and seriously doubt anyone would care about another actress stepping into the role.

As for Julia Pace Mitchell, I don't really care one way or another making an apparance. Her Sofia didn't make much of an impression except for the one she left in the corner of Neil's sofa. That exceedingly awkward sex scene is all I remember about the character.

by Anonymousreply 234March 28, 2021 5:19 AM

Vee has been blocking TLW’s return for years. He is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 235March 28, 2021 6:30 PM

[quote] Faith Newman needs a gay best friend.

Since Moses isn't really bio-related to either Duhvon or Dr. Nate, I'd suggest our new teenager have a thing for daddies with him trying to seduce one of these older men. .. Preferably Nate, since he's not only hotter, but more interesting than the ever-dull Duhvon. .. Moses could spike Nate's drink, turn the lights out, and crawl into Nate's bed, pretending to be Elena.

We'd have to wait awhile to find out if anything actually happened, though. .. Perhaps Nate passed out, and Moses just 'manhandled' him a bit' while taking some 'scandalous' cell phone pics for his growing collection. (Yes. We'd find out that Moses has done this type of thing before with the lacrosse coach at his former school.)

Of course, everyone is shocked at the randy teen's behavior, but sister-cousin Lily realizes she can't really say too much, because she has flashbacks of when she herself was 14 and mooning over Dru's fiancé, Dr. Wesley Carter, then soon moved on to 25-year old Kevin "Fisherman," and eventually ended-up marrying Candy Cane, a man who's in the same generation as her own two daddies, Neil and Malcolm.

Lily counsels the teen saying, "Look, Moz. I get where you're coming from, but you can't just go around undressing passed-out men and taking nekkid photos of them. .. And while we're at it, stop watching those porn videos at 'Twink Top.' You're not even 18 yet! I've contacted Sofia and told her to cancel your credit card."

by Anonymousreply 236March 28, 2021 9:38 PM

Reylynn Caster IN as Faith Newman, Alyvia Alyn Lind OUT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 29, 2021 6:32 PM

Thank god. Little Miss Dolly Parton is finally gone.

(Of course, they need someone older to sex things up.)

by Anonymousreply 238March 29, 2021 6:41 PM

Reylynn ... Alyvia

Were their mothers on drugs when they filled out the birth certificates?

by Anonymousreply 239March 29, 2021 6:43 PM

Good fucking riddance to Lil Dolly!! Never could stand her. Maybe now I’ll care about Faith.

by Anonymousreply 240March 29, 2021 7:37 PM

Dumb Dylan from SON is beside himself that he didn’t report the recasting of Faith first. Dumb Dylan scours the websites to copy their ‘scoops’ so he can sound important.

by Anonymousreply 241March 30, 2021 1:37 AM

think about it; R239, there are a lot of Olivia's out there

but you spell it 'Alyvia" you know who it is.

It's like Barbra

by Anonymousreply 242March 30, 2021 3:52 AM

Oh, I know why it's done, R242, but it's about as stupid as the 50 ways fraus have come up with to respell noms-du-jour like "Caden" and "Caitlyn", etc.

by Anonymousreply 243March 30, 2021 9:26 PM

So glad we’re finally rid of annoying little Dolly Parton. Sayonara!

by Anonymousreply 244March 30, 2021 9:42 PM

Dylan is dumber than rocks!! He types posts on SON and deletes them because he's stupid. And SOD never said April Sweeps. What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 245March 31, 2021 12:29 AM

If someone disagrees with Dumb Dylan on twitter, he goes on ‘hiatus’. For a day or so. He’s a crackpot. He fits right in with the SON gang. They’re all nuts. Crazies, unemployed, fat but critical of others who gained weight, live in mother’s basement, collect disability. Yup, SON.

by Anonymousreply 246March 31, 2021 5:24 PM

whats his twitter

by Anonymousreply 247March 31, 2021 5:31 PM

R239,

Please refer to me in future posts as ARRHTwo4TOO

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 248March 31, 2021 6:00 PM

Moses could give Duhvon a hair transplant.

by Anonymousreply 249April 1, 2021 9:33 PM

Happy Easter, Gays! I’m covered up this time to keep this Jesus approved. 😉

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 1, 2021 10:49 PM

Is Chrissy a gay?

by Anonymousreply 251April 2, 2021 12:40 AM

Moses is adorable! I hope he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 252April 2, 2021 6:22 AM

What is going on with the wardrobe department over at Y&R? The clothes on the women are terrible. That brown metallic shirt Sharon was wearing a few weeks ago was terrible, and so was the white dress Victoria wore earlier this week. Yesterday Phyllis and Sharon looked like they were wearing the same shirt but in different colors. I'm convince that wardrobe hates Summer because she wears the cheapest, most basic looking frocks on the show. Naya is a new, recurring character, and she dresses better than Summer. Phyllis is always over dressed. The only characters who wear half-way decent clothes are Lauren, Amanda, Sally, and Abby. And don't get me started on the men. Victor was wearing a cheap, wrinkled jacket this week that had lint balls on it. Adam is a bit thick on top, so he should wear black or dark blue shirts, but they put him in a light gray sweater recently that accentuated his man boobs. Nate is the best dressed man on the show, and he wears scrubs.

Also, they are using that one hotel "suite" to death. That room is the home of Amanda, Billy, and Kyle/Summer, and it was used by Ashland when he visited GC. I wish they would spring for at least one other room or at least change the accessories when they change the room number on the front door. Better yet, bring back the GC Athletic Club. I liked that room better anyway.

by Anonymousreply 253April 2, 2021 9:34 PM

I stopped watching in February, thanks for keeping me up to date and making me realize that I'm not missing anything!

by Anonymousreply 254April 2, 2021 9:57 PM

R253 The hilarious thing about that one and only revolving hotel room is that they can't even change-out the potted plant in the corner. Apparently, the plant in everyone's room has the exact same leaf pattern.

by Anonymousreply 255April 2, 2021 10:01 PM

You heard it here first:::: CBS wants changes. JFP is in the running. Don’t shoot the messenger.

by Anonymousreply 256April 2, 2021 10:12 PM

I could see Lily giving Moses tips on makeup and accessorizing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257April 2, 2021 10:20 PM

[quote] Yesterday Phyllis and Sharon looked like they were wearing the same shirt but in different colors.

They seem to do that kind of thing often: find some fashion collection and get three or four outfits from it that are just cut slightly different and in a different color. I figure they must get a discount for buying in volume .. lol.

Speaking of Phyllis, a non-viewer friend stopped in when I had the show on the other day and wanted to know if "she" was a "he."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258April 2, 2021 10:54 PM

Stafford does have a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 259April 3, 2021 4:34 AM

R258, there is some masculine energy there.

Does anyone know the name of that black lady who is always doing crosses at the Grand Phoenix?

She should do that the Daytime Emmys; just keep crossing in the background.

by Anonymousreply 260April 3, 2021 5:21 AM

OMG!!!! My mother & Jeanne Cooper (Mrs. Chancelor) were friends- I'll dig, I have a signed script & studio shots...... Will post!!!!

by Anonymousreply 261April 3, 2021 6:30 AM

Who inherited old lady Cooper’s choppers?

by Anonymousreply 262April 3, 2021 6:54 AM

On Friday's show, Mo was very interested in Devon's love life. If the two of them were not brothers, I would have thought Mo was interested in Devon. By the way, I think they should do something with Mo's hair, possibly cut some of it off.

by Anonymousreply 263April 3, 2021 1:24 PM

[quote]Moses is adorable! I hope he's gay.

[quote]On Friday's show, Mo was very interested in Devon's love life. If the two of them were not brothers, I would have thought Mo was interested in Devon.

A gay male character named "Mo"?

by Anonymousreply 264April 3, 2021 1:29 PM

Why does Dumb Fuck Dylan at SON post as if he’s some kind of insider? All he does is copy other people’s news. Fucken moron.

by Anonymousreply 265April 3, 2021 1:40 PM

Mo is not a mo.

by Anonymousreply 266April 3, 2021 4:36 PM

But why another femme twink? .. It wasn't that long ago that we had Reed Hellstrom, whose big hair also dominated his look.

In other news, it looks like Hot Daddy Ashland wants to fuck JaBottom over ... literally.

Now, THAT would be a story: "You did my wife, so I'm gonna do YOU !!"

by Anonymousreply 267April 3, 2021 5:46 PM

Hans turns 80 today.

(Unless you're in Germany, where he's at least 82.)

by Anonymousreply 268April 3, 2021 6:20 PM

R264, why not?

AMC had Lesbianca

by Anonymousreply 269April 3, 2021 8:31 PM

I would think any boy today with the rather regrettable name, "Moses," would go by "Moz," if he wanted a nickname.

If he opts to transition, he could choose "Maisie."

by Anonymousreply 270April 3, 2021 8:52 PM

Hans has a big Getman sausage!

by Anonymousreply 271April 3, 2021 10:53 PM

Other than Eric Braeden, what cast members do you think are uncut? Jordi Vilasusso likely.

by Anonymousreply 272April 4, 2021 1:54 PM

Michelle Stafford - for sure.

by Anonymousreply 273April 4, 2021 2:42 PM

Mel Scott

by Anonymousreply 274April 4, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote]By the way, I think they should do something with Mo's hair, possibly cut some of it off.

Why do white people feel the need to comment on black people's hair? It's one of the most passive-aggressive racist things they do.

by Anonymousreply 275April 4, 2021 7:07 PM

[quote] Why do white people feel the need to comment on black people's hair?

When it comes to commenting on hair, DL is equal opportunity .. lol. (Recalling things in the Y&R threads such as Nick's grease ball, Sharon's hair curtains, Chrissy's bad and good wigs, the animal living on top of Doug Davidson's head, Christine as Cousin Itt, Victoria's typically messy mop, the last Scott Grainger, Reed Hellstrom, etc.)

I have no problem with Moses' hair - except it'sa little too long, especially in the back, and makes him look like he's wearing a fluffy helmet.

imho - it would look much better if they just did a fade or some tapering. I'd suggest something like former Hollyoaks' teen, Prince McQueen's hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276April 4, 2021 9:24 PM

Melody is the expert on black hair and wigs. Just ask Vicky Rowell. lololololololololololololol

by Anonymousreply 277April 5, 2021 12:01 AM

So Grossman doesn't want kids? Cuz you know Case’s dried up old cooter can’t pop out a kid anymore.

by Anonymousreply 278April 5, 2021 12:39 AM

How stupid are soap fans! Soap Opera Network hasn’t been getting the ratings from their source and the dumb fans think its because the ratings are bad and the soaps are hiding the numbers because they are so bad. How fucking stupid. No wonder the Execs dismiss the fans as being nutjobs. Especially Dumb Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 279April 5, 2021 4:58 AM

SOD got the terrible numbers and SON didn’t ha ha ha ha. Fucking Dumb Dylan tries to act like he has behind the scenes info and that he could pull some strings to get the gossip, What an idiot,

by Anonymousreply 280April 5, 2021 8:45 AM

SOnN has been failing for awhile now with assholes like Vee and Vetsoapfan and Khan and the pervs Soapsuds and Foxton and stupid idiot Dylan and now they don’t have the ratings, which was the main reason people viewed that site. Bye bye SON. Rest in peace. You’ve gone way downhill.

by Anonymousreply 281April 5, 2021 11:17 AM

Dumb Dylan at SON reports that Patrika Darbo is joining Y&R as “shirly specta.” GD learn to spell idiot!!!

Vee put this into motion. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 282April 6, 2021 12:38 AM

He said Paprika Darbo. what an idiot!!

by Anonymousreply 283April 6, 2021 12:44 AM

Will this show finally be put to rest when the old German finally dies?

by Anonymousreply 284April 6, 2021 1:20 AM

Dumb Dylan is a moron! A fucking moron!

by Anonymousreply 285April 6, 2021 2:33 AM

I WISH that I have the resources that Dumb Dylan has. He’s an insider, for sure. lolololololol Dylan is a fucking MORON!

by Anonymousreply 286April 6, 2021 2:44 AM

R284

"The role of Victor Newman is now being played by Paul Michael Glaser."

by Anonymousreply 287April 6, 2021 2:55 AM

Where are the lezzys????

by Anonymousreply 288April 8, 2021 12:39 AM

Is NuFaith on yet?

by Anonymousreply 289April 8, 2021 2:22 PM

Yay! We’re finally done with little Annoying Dolly Parton. Her last episode aired. Thank god!! Bring on FuFaith.

by Anonymousreply 290April 8, 2021 2:44 PM

R289 SOD said NuFaith begins April 12 (US),

by Anonymousreply 291April 8, 2021 7:09 PM

While Adam is sequestered in his no-tell-motel room, they should use some history and have hooking up with cute Hispanic rentboys who look like Rafe Torres.

by Anonymousreply 292April 8, 2021 7:18 PM

Thanks R291.

by Anonymousreply 293April 8, 2021 10:41 PM

When does Keemo return?

by Anonymousreply 294April 8, 2021 11:30 PM

Peter Bergman is negotiating a contract with Keemo.

by Anonymousreply 295April 8, 2021 11:33 PM

So is Chloe living with Chelsea now? Doesn't she have a husband and a kid? And how is she qualified to be a caretaker for a stroke patient? This is beyond dumb.

by Anonymousreply 296April 9, 2021 2:29 AM

The whole show is dumb.

by Anonymousreply 297April 9, 2021 5:22 AM

Dougie is still a bitter old queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298April 9, 2021 5:27 AM

Ah, Douggie speaks the truth. Is he bitter? Yes. Is Y&R a shit show, yes. Will little Dolly be better off? Yes. Simple truths.

by Anonymousreply 299April 9, 2021 5:44 AM

And yet Douggie would come back to that shit show in a heartbeat if asked back.

by Anonymousreply 300April 9, 2021 6:00 AM

It was back in early March when Dougie tweeted (or maybe dweeted) that he was done with the show.

Begs the question what is he doing on twitter at 4:34 and 4:38 ^^^ in the morning?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301April 9, 2021 6:13 AM

I can't tweet at 4:38 a.m. because I am asleep and have to get ready for work in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 302April 9, 2021 6:22 AM

He was on Y&R for 40+ years. Does he handle himself well? No. Does he have a reason to be bitter? Yes. But I’m sure Douggie’s ok financially. He’s probably just bored collecting social security and wouldn’t mind working a day here and there. Overall Y&R is a shell of its former self and he’s right about that.

by Anonymousreply 303April 9, 2021 6:40 AM

Has anyone asked Vee? He is the expert of everything soaps and politics!!! Vee is in the biz, you know. THE BIZ

by Anonymousreply 304April 9, 2021 3:18 PM

wen iz paprika durbo’s next airdate as shurly smegma?

by Anonymousreply 305April 9, 2021 3:19 PM

Well.....if Doug HAS to go can he take Cricket with him?

by Anonymousreply 306April 9, 2021 3:46 PM

Dumb Dylan hasn’t learned the difference between their, there and they’re. Fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 307April 9, 2021 3:58 PM

Doug got kind of screwed because the Jack and Victor characters eclipsed him. They wrote off or killed off his family and kids. Y&R has never really been a cop soap, so being Chief of Police hurts him. The male patriarch roles are filled, so there's not a lot for him to do.

by Anonymousreply 308April 9, 2021 4:04 PM

R308, he had a near 40 year run, won an Emmy, and may still be called in occasionally for a guest gig.

He has to have millions in the bank as back in the 90s, these actors were making 500K plus.

FFS, he can build a theater and do plays and have his old Y&R leading ladies come up to where he lives and be in the plays with him.

And the fans who hate him being off the show can go see him in his plays.

The man could teach (please don't), or do volunteer work, or do charity work -- go with Kate Linder to her teas.

He has little to no gratitude and on slow days, the soap mags, well, 'mag' and sites will repost his bitching.

by Anonymousreply 309April 9, 2021 4:11 PM

Dumb STUPID fuck Dylan thinks that ‘their’ cancelling Days and not telling them until there last show is done. They’re find out then.

by Anonymousreply 310April 9, 2021 4:20 PM

[quote] he had a near 40 year run,

Yeah, and Dougie actually got about 10+ years beyond what he could have.

Back in late 2007, SOD actually reported that he was on the chopping block. .. Word was that Sony had demanded a budget cut to cast dollars, and it came down to either Doug or Don Diamont. .. One of them would get axe and become the hero who would end up dying after saving Noah and Eden from drowning in the frozen lake. .. In the end, they chose Don to become the Bradsicle. .. But that haunting image of the corpse we saw below the ice could very easily have been the Paulsicle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311April 9, 2021 6:31 PM

^^^ back in late 2007

typo: should read "back in late 2008"

by Anonymousreply 312April 9, 2021 6:34 PM

To write Paul off, TPTB should have his ex-wife, Lauren Fenmore, tell her husband, Michael LaBaldwin, that she just heard from Paul.

Apparently, Paul recently went on a fishing trip with his good buddy, Andy Richards, and the two men finally decided to become the Brokeback Mountain couple they were always meant to be.

Paul has already turned in his resignation at the police department, and he and Andy have bought a ranch together out in Wyoming.

"Gosh! That's one happy ending I never thought would happen," Lauren chortles. .. "Well, at least not while Mary was still alive!"

After his wife exits, Michael gets on the phone and calls his ex-boss, Patrick Baker (Gordon Thomson): "Hey, Patrick! It's Michael. .. Long time no see! .. But listen, I was wondering if you'd like to go antiquing with me in France this June? .. Yeah, Just the two of us."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313April 9, 2021 7:26 PM

I hope he's not reading this.

But the guy always yells his lines.

He doesn't play anger; he SHOUTS ANGER.

He had a great, great long run.

He needs to get an agent and put himself out there for dad roles on the CW.

Or do theater.

But bitching about his lot on social media is just embarrassing and is not, as they say, 'living in gratitude.'

by Anonymousreply 314April 9, 2021 7:51 PM

[quote] He needs to get an agent and put himself out there for dad roles on the CW.

He's going on 67. I think that would be grandpa roles on The CW.

by Anonymousreply 315April 9, 2021 8:01 PM

r315, yeah, I was being kind in case he reads this.

Doug, if you are, and if you go back to Y&R, please. Please stop yelling your lines.

by Anonymousreply 316April 9, 2021 8:16 PM

Hasn't "The Bay" called him yet?

by Anonymousreply 317April 9, 2021 8:19 PM

If Lauralee Bell doesn't have a problem being off the show (it's her father's show after all!) then I don't think Doug Davidson has anything to complain about.

Tracey Bregman found herself in the same situation in the 90s. Instead of bitching about it she said "Who could be mad? Bill Bell gave me 16 years of work"

Within a year she was back on Y&R, (on recurring) for the last 20 years.

Doug Davidson should be grateful for what he got, and just move on.

by Anonymousreply 318April 9, 2021 8:22 PM

Just read Melody Thomas Scott book

she was raped at age 18 and had to get an abortion when the rape turned into a pregnancy

by Anonymousreply 319April 9, 2021 8:24 PM

[quote]He's going on 67. I think that would be grandpa roles on The CW.

On The CW, 67 would be Great Great Grandfather.

I know everyone hated Steve Burton, but giving Paul and Nikki a child wasn't a bad idea.

Doug should stay off Twitter, and enjoy his recurring status. Being used as needed is still being used and I'm sure that helps with his SAG insurance.

by Anonymousreply 320April 9, 2021 8:33 PM

R318 It was LLB's choice to exit and go recurring. .. And for years and years, she was pretty fussy about exactly when and what she'd 'deign' to come back for. .. I distinctly remember one or two times when it came out that she refused, because she didn't think her being there was important enough to be involved. .. Anyway, now that her children are grown up, she's probably more amenable to scheduling, but in the past she was pretty much in control as far as her appearances went.

by Anonymousreply 321April 9, 2021 8:34 PM

The reason I love Douggie is because, if the story is true, he punched out that asshole Nellie Bottom Branco. Nellie claims that Doug punched him and everyone stood around and laughed. Nellie never pressed charges ( which makes one wonder if the story is true) but just the idea of anyone punching Nellie is good enough for me. well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 322April 9, 2021 9:35 PM

Here's a story. Michael's cancer comes back. he goes to Paul and says be there for Lauren.

They start spending time together. Michael goes into remission, but by then, Paul and Lauren are back in love.

Mix in Christine. Bake at 400 degrees till there's drama bubbling over.

The thing is...this story would work better if they were in their 30s and 40s. Not their 50s and 60s.

by Anonymousreply 323April 9, 2021 9:50 PM

Mikey always came across as a gay.

by Anonymousreply 324April 9, 2021 10:04 PM

Serving up some weekend beefcake, nip shot included 😉, for my beloved gays! Love my fans!

Shh! Don’t tell my girl! She doesn’t like sharing me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325April 9, 2021 10:17 PM

[quote] I know everyone hated Steve Burton, but giving Paul and Nikki a child wasn't a bad idea.

Doing a cult baby story wasn't a bad idea, but making the mother be Nikki's was.

There was absolutely no way Nikki was pregnant during the months following the very short, summertime, New World commune story. Nikki had even left the cult for a short time during the story and tried to get back together with Greg. Then, after it was over, she did the same thing. Her attempts to seduce her husband failed and Casey told her to give it up and grant Greg the divorce. She soon moved on to talent manager-stripper, Cash, and bartender, Andy Richards. There was no time for a pregnancy. It was a totally made up retcon, based on JFP wanting to bring in her boy, Steve Burton, on and immediately connect him to two legacy characters.

Now, if they'd wanted to do a cult baby story, then it should have been with Paul and the cult leader, Sumiko, who seduced him - as well as the other young men in her cult. THAT sexual manipulation between her and the boys we actually saw. It was part of Sumiko's modus operandi, so it would have been very simple and believable to say she didn't even know she was pregnant when she was arrested and thrown in jail. She could have given birth while incarcerated, and the baby put up for adoption. They wouldn't even have to bring her back. Just say she died. It also would have added some diversity to the show, since she was Japanese, making her baby biracial. If they'd done that story back in 2012 instead of the stupid one we got, then Paul's kid could have been a hot 31-year old in search of his Genoa City daddy, instead of then-42 year old Dullan.

by Anonymousreply 326April 9, 2021 10:23 PM

Not a bad idea R326, but long lost biracial half Asian/half white kids don't last all that long in GC.

by Anonymousreply 327April 9, 2021 10:30 PM

Christian Jules is hot. Has he found a real life girlfriend yet? His publicist used to deflect that question by saying that he was too busy working on Y&R to concentrate on settling down with a wife and kids.

by Anonymousreply 328April 9, 2021 10:38 PM

Well, I guess it didn't work out too well for white boy Steve Burton either, since he was tethered to JFP and exited not long after dismissal.

by Anonymousreply 329April 9, 2021 10:43 PM

I like some of what is going on with the show right now. I am interested in where things are going to go with Chelsea and Adam, Amanda and her family, Mo and Faith, and Sally. I would really like to see Amanda and her sister Imani go head to head. I think the show should put Devon and Amanda together, and then have Imani go after Devon simply because she hates Amanda. The Ashland Locke story doesn't do anything for me. Lauren overreacted about the Summer and Sally conflict, which seems to be much ado about nothing. I wish Elena would leave town. I find the character annoying, but I get the feeling that she is going to get pregnant and there might be a baby switch story in store for the future. Ashland keeps calling Kyle. I am wondering if he has a thing for Kyle -- but I know the show would never go there.

by Anonymousreply 330April 10, 2021 12:04 AM

The show is so fucking boring.

by Anonymousreply 331April 10, 2021 12:22 AM

Why is Devon the father of Abby's child? I thought Abby was the one with the problem, not Chance.

by Anonymousreply 332April 10, 2021 12:40 AM

R296 Chelsea recovered from her stroke. So Chloe is not caring for her per se. But yeah the rest is dumb. The bitch has a newborn. I guess Esther is taking care of it while Kevie works.

by Anonymousreply 333April 10, 2021 12:58 AM

R332 When Chance went to shake hands with the milkman and make his deposit for the procedure, they discovered that he basically shoots blanks. He not only has super-low sperm count, but bad motility.

They said it could be the result of his bout with sepsis or the drugs taken for the infection, but the doctors couldn't really say for sure. It was also mentioned that it could someday be reversed.

by Anonymousreply 334April 10, 2021 4:33 AM

I gave up on the show. It's just gotten so cheap in production values and the storylines are uninteresting.

by Anonymousreply 335April 10, 2021 4:51 AM

You were the best in town ....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336April 10, 2021 5:45 AM

Go away Serial Scholar you fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 337April 10, 2021 9:00 AM

How does Sally Sussman allow her husband to produce such a garbage show?

by Anonymousreply 338April 10, 2021 1:42 PM

Idiot Dylan Dumbass Green at SON breaks all the news! Everybody is so jelly about all of his gossip!

by Anonymousreply 339April 10, 2021 1:44 PM

Has Vee commented about Dumb Dylan Green yet? Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 340April 10, 2021 2:48 PM

Cyaxares.

Really?

by Anonymousreply 341April 10, 2021 8:13 PM

Why does Jack get all the young ass?

by Anonymousreply 342April 10, 2021 10:36 PM

I thought they were retelling John/Jill/Jack but it's so lame. Every time I look at Slutty Spectra I see Thomas the Tank Engine.

by Anonymousreply 343April 10, 2021 10:45 PM

I love paprika durbo as shurly smegmA

by Anonymousreply 344April 10, 2021 11:07 PM

Jack gets the young pussy. Why??? He’s ancient.

by Anonymousreply 345April 10, 2021 11:46 PM

[quote] Why does Jack get all the young ass?

Because viewers no longer want to see octogenarian Victor do it, causing him and and Nikki to break-up for the umpteenth time.

by Anonymousreply 346April 11, 2021 1:36 AM

I want Victor’s huge uncut German sausage. Yum yum yum! A triangle is coming.

by Anonymousreply 347April 11, 2021 2:26 PM

Victcula and Naggy didn't really split again, did they? Oh, that will save Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 348April 11, 2021 2:35 PM

Dumb Dylan Green has the scoop! Someone is returning for the black story with Mishael. Who da fuk cares! At least Dylan has the inside gossip!!!!

by Anonymousreply 349April 11, 2021 4:58 PM

Dylan has their scoop.

by Anonymousreply 350April 11, 2021 4:59 PM

The Cardray famlee told me there cancillibg Dayz and not telling the acters.

by Anonymousreply 351April 11, 2021 6:53 PM

R348 No. But fraus were really upset during Niktor's foray into "open marriage" territory about three years ago when Mal Young had Nikki enjoying Arturo's big Cuban sausage and Victor had a thritysomething mistress on the side named "Helen" who was working as Jabot's chemist. .. Ever since then, Grandma and Grandpa look like they've settled down are into into their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 352April 11, 2021 7:48 PM

The lezzys are pregnant!!! Such gripping drama. Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 353April 11, 2021 7:50 PM

Ugh!!!!! We cannot stand that Sally cunt. Why is Y&R trying to purposely kill this show? It’s SO bad!!!

by Anonymousreply 354April 11, 2021 8:10 PM

I think Y&R missed a great opportunity by not pairing Victor and Drucilla. That would have been so good. Think of the scenes between Drucilla and Nikki. Plus Victor, Drucilla, Malcolm, Nikki, and Katherine were always the top 5 favorite characters of the black audience, which makes up for a large part of the Y&R viewers.

by Anonymousreply 355April 11, 2021 9:17 PM

Dumb Dylan has theirspoilers.

by Anonymousreply 356April 11, 2021 9:27 PM

R355 Victor and Drucilla? Yuck. It would only make sense if it was a pairing to see who could run their mouths the most. Other than that it would be as bad as Aunt Jack and Sally.

by Anonymousreply 357April 11, 2021 9:50 PM

I remember a long time ago Victoria Rowell once said she wanted Dru to hook up with Bradley Carlton. As I recall, those two did have some fun scenes together when street urchin Dru was living at the Abbotts (in the room off the kitchen). One time, Dru taught Brad how to do the lambada out by the pool. He was dating Ashley (Epperson) at the time, and they were playing up friction between her and Dru. (I see where Rowell and Epperson are still good pals and the latter is a regular in her web series.)

Many, many years later, TPTB eventually had HoLivia and Brad fuck, and it was funny because Dru was outside the hotel room cheering Liv on like she was fucking Brad vicariously. Then afterward, she wanted all the details from her sister.

by Anonymousreply 358April 12, 2021 1:28 AM

They should re-hire Rowell. In these days of budget cuts, Mel Thomas Scott can do her hair.

by Anonymousreply 359April 12, 2021 2:42 AM

R326 you NAILED IT: "There was no time for a pregnancy. It was a totally made up retcon, based on JFP wanting to bring in her boy, Steve Burton, on and immediately connect him to two legacy characters."

Dylan did everything but save a litter of newborn puppies from a burning barn so that we'd like him

Also, R330, I like your idea; have Ashland go all psycho and kidnap Kyle and make him watch Ashland make love to Tara.

But that wouldn't work because we have no connection to Kyle and Tara.

I think that a really dark movie or streaming series would have Ashland take Kyle under his wing say after he has a falling out with Jack and then he kidnaps him and butt fucks him and says THAT"S for fucking my wife.

by Anonymousreply 360April 12, 2021 2:51 AM

Gays need to shut the fuck up! Soaps don’t want your kind as viewers. Go away. You are not desirable to advertisers. Never have been. Never will be.

by Anonymousreply 361April 12, 2021 3:43 AM

Have you asked Vee? He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 362April 12, 2021 3:53 AM

Vee is a homo and no one in the industry takes his opinions seriously. He’s an outcast. That’s why he goes to the loser SON board. The bitch board that no one takes seriously because they are all bitter queens.

by Anonymousreply 363April 12, 2021 4:39 AM

Dumb ass Dylan gets dumber with each post. Josh Griffith is a good writer because he brought Adam back. lololololololol Dumb Dylan is as obsessed with Grossman as Perv Soapsuds with Chandler Massey. Dumbasses!

by Anonymousreply 364April 12, 2021 9:44 AM

So how was NuFaith today?

by Anonymousreply 365April 12, 2021 7:54 PM

R365 she was ok. Much longer hair and I guess she’s been SORASED a little to age 16 or so. She doesn’t look much like a cross between Morrow and Case but oh well. Little Dolly Parton might be back one day so I have my guard up.

by Anonymousreply 366April 12, 2021 7:58 PM

I actually think NuFaith resembles Morrow especially her eyes. I thought she was fine. Interested in seeing her with the Moses actor. And at least she looks like she and Jordan could be at the same school.

by Anonymousreply 367April 12, 2021 8:20 PM

Here are my two questions: 1. Michelle Stafford is indeed an attractive woman, but why do they dress Phyllis as if she off for cocktails, or to the club?? 2. What's with Sharon?? She's got that fine, Cubano at home, but she's drawn to Adam. Girl, really??

by Anonymousreply 368April 12, 2021 8:20 PM

Li'l Dolly ain't never coming back, r366, Has any child actor who played a child character who was SORASed ever return to the role as an adult in the history of soaps?

by Anonymousreply 369April 12, 2021 8:29 PM

I thought the same thing, R368. Phyllis is way over dressed for someone working in a hotel. Rey has no luck with women on this show. Mia left him for Arturo and now Sharon is sniffing around Adam. Rey is hot. Adam has a cute face, but Rey has the face and the body.

by Anonymousreply 370April 12, 2021 8:32 PM

Sharon and Rey are a dud anyway. Not even SC can spin that shit into gold. They’re like roommates.

by Anonymousreply 371April 12, 2021 8:33 PM

Josh GrifiTH is there best righter Y&r has had over theyre ever at cbs. he is best because of adam and mark groscmand.

by Anonymousreply 372April 12, 2021 8:36 PM

If you were talking about Jordi Villasuso circa 2001 when he was at the height of his beauty and his powers, maybe. But botoxed, chemical-peeled, eye work and too much eye-liner Jordi is not hotter than the dude who plays Adam.

by Anonymousreply 373April 12, 2021 8:38 PM

R371 and R373 Agreed and agreed.

And whatever Jordi's doing to his face he needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 374April 12, 2021 8:59 PM

Yeah, Rey would be so much hotter if he didn't look so waxed, tweezed and botoxed.

Plus I think Sharon Case is probably pushing for more scenes with her real-life bf. Although they have zero chemistry on screen.

by Anonymousreply 375April 12, 2021 9:00 PM

When Sharon and Adam get it on, I think they have tons of chemistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376April 12, 2021 9:19 PM

Is that from their OnlyFans?

by Anonymousreply 377April 12, 2021 9:20 PM

R377 If the show is cancelled that wouldn't be a bad idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378April 12, 2021 9:23 PM

I don't agree, they have amazing chemistry. When he looks at her, you can just tell he wants to fuck her in half. You can't write that kind of chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 379April 12, 2021 9:24 PM

[quote] Rey has no luck with women on this show. Mia left him for Arturo and now Sharon is sniffing around Adam.

They should think about using those plot points for future story. .. I'd recast Noah, and finally reveal that he's gay/bisexual. He comes home from London, just having broken up with his boyfriend. When Rey's marriage to Sharon dissolves, Noah would serve as a sounding board for Papi.

Ooops! .. Something happens between the two men out in The Newman Barn. Must be all those farm animals.. lol. .. But it turns out that this isn't the first time Rey's been with a guy. He's just been in denial, since his police academy days when the training sergeant he had an affair with advised Rey to remain closeted, if he didn't always want to be seen as "the gay cop."

by Anonymousreply 380April 12, 2021 9:49 PM

For fuck’s sake. Stop making everyone gay! Noah is not, has not and never will be gay or bi. You homos don’t seem to understand that you are not the target audience for soap operas.

by Anonymousreply 381April 12, 2021 9:51 PM

OT, but Brendad Ickson was on Match Game today. She had some spelling issues. Gene R. Seemed irritated with her. She really didn’t fit in...well in my opinion.....so serious and trying too hard to be sophisticated. Game shows are certainly not her thing but fun to see her loveliness anyway.

by Anonymousreply 382April 12, 2021 9:57 PM

R369 I thought the same about Staff too and look what happened. They let Little Dolly Parton play the role like 10 years and only sorased her barely. I don’t want her back and the chances are low of it happening. But I never say never to actors leaving and coming back on soaps now.

by Anonymousreply 383April 12, 2021 10:22 PM

Dylan! Dylan! Dylan! Vee! Vee! Vee!

by Anonymousreply 384April 12, 2021 10:36 PM

Alan Sarapa is a hottie! lololololololololol He’s so god damn fucken homely. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 385April 12, 2021 10:49 PM

Marck Grozman and Sharun Cass revealed there relatiosnhpi. Josh Gripth disscovered him and is the gradest Y&R righter ever. lol I luv his show

by Anonymousreply 386April 12, 2021 11:31 PM

The show is TY&R. I want to be like the TGL mental cases at SON.

by Anonymousreply 387April 12, 2021 11:33 PM

Bunch of mental cases at SON. Ancient Vetsoapfan has to say TGL but he calls Days of Our Lives Days and not DOOL. What kind of logic is that?

by Anonymousreply 388April 12, 2021 11:49 PM

Chaturbate allmc08 keeps asking people to recap decades of story for him. Google a recap idiot!

by Anonymousreply 389April 13, 2021 12:00 AM

[quote] she was ok. Much longer hair and I guess she’s been SORASED a little to age 16 or so

Just to add ... I think what they're doing is making NuFaith look somewhat younger than the actress really is.

IRL, Caster is over 18, whereas LMDP was only 13. If they want the characters of Moses and Faith to be at Walnut Grove, then they'll be high school age, so yeah, "16" seems to be about right.

As an actress who's legally an adult, they lose the expense of having to have a guardian on set, plus she can do what appears to be "sex" scenes with no problem.

Also, it actually makes sense that Faith is older, since they sorased her Cousin Reed a few years ago, and these two Newman kids were basically in the same generation, just a couple years apart. He's now college age.

by Anonymousreply 390April 13, 2021 12:25 AM

Dumb Dylan paid Amc2008 for a whack off session.

by Anonymousreply 391April 13, 2021 12:29 AM

So is new Faith going to be slut who can outslut her own mother?? And make Sharon jealous?

by Anonymousreply 392April 13, 2021 12:31 AM

I hope she doesn’t seduce Rey. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 393April 13, 2021 12:33 AM

Will the Sharon/Rey marriage be the shortest ever in the history of Genoa City?

by Anonymousreply 394April 13, 2021 1:16 AM

R394 I think that award probably goes to Nikki and Tony DiSalvo. As I recall, he was shot dead right after the wedding ceremony when he was going to retrieve the "Hot Hips" pron tape featuring Nikki and Boobsie that he'd promised to hand over to Nikki if/when she married him.

by Anonymousreply 395April 13, 2021 1:44 AM

We love Joshh Griffiths April Sweeps over their at SON! mark grosmen for life

by Anonymousreply 396April 14, 2021 3:32 AM

Young and the Restless? Surely it's Old and the Fidgety by now.

by Anonymousreply 397April 14, 2021 3:37 AM

NuFaith is SOOOOOO much better than little Dolly Parton. Smart move recasting that annoying twit.

by Anonymousreply 398April 14, 2021 3:52 PM

Why can’t we have nice things? We finally get rid of annoying Dolly Parton and we get equally annoying Moses???? Oh lord. I don’t even know who Moses belongs to and I already don’t care. He’s irritating!!!

by Anonymousreply 399April 14, 2021 5:05 PM

Little Miss Doly Parton, who? .. I like NuFaith.

And Moses? .. He's 'OK' - but they need to convince the actor to do something else with his helmet hair. He was wearing it that way before being cast, so it must be his choice. .. And sort of funny how he's taller than Joshua Morrow. Faith may need to do some stretching exercises to prep for a long pencil dick.

The Phyllis v. Sally "rivalry" is boring. .. And Aunt Jack clutching her pearls over Sally's behavior is even more boring.

"Grandmas" Nina and Ashley sitting around yakking about transplanted embryos? What a waste! (And did ED do something to her face?)

And if they're going to have "Chance" text Abby, can they at least show some hot guy (as him) sending her naked selfies? .. Ordway's husband, who played TempChance, used to be an underwear model, so maybe he could submit a few pics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400April 14, 2021 6:01 PM

r400 Now [italic]that's[/italic] what I call VPL.

by Anonymousreply 401April 14, 2021 6:03 PM

The costume department must HATE Ordway. WTF was that blouse they had her in?

by Anonymousreply 402April 14, 2021 6:51 PM

Too bad Gaston sucks as an actor. Nice looking, yes, but he can’t act for shit.

by Anonymousreply 403April 14, 2021 10:39 PM

Moses is too jiggy. Ugh!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 404April 14, 2021 10:40 PM

What id ED do to her face??

by Anonymousreply 405April 14, 2021 10:50 PM

Vee told Eileen to get fillers. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 406April 14, 2021 11:05 PM

Dylan at SON is an idiot! This April Sweeps sicks!And amc2008 told everyone at SON that he lost his virginity! SON doesnt even have ratings anymore. What a wasteland!

by Anonymousreply 407April 14, 2021 11:09 PM

Do you need help finding politics articles to post all day on a soap site? Ask Vee. He is in the biz and the expert of everything you will ever need and want to know about all things.

by Anonymousreply 408April 14, 2021 11:18 PM

Is being able to act even relevant for this show?

by Anonymousreply 409April 14, 2021 11:19 PM

It was on the TY&R of old. Just like on TGL.

by Anonymousreply 410April 14, 2021 11:20 PM

So r400 is Nina back now? I thought she came back for a few episodes months ago. I love Tricia Cast and would tune in if I knew she was back full time.

by Anonymousreply 411April 14, 2021 11:20 PM

It's great if Tricia is back. A great actress and a normal face. So many of the women have had so much work done it's distracting.

by Anonymousreply 412April 14, 2021 11:24 PM

R409 The acting is still better than that gawd awful, totally unwatchable B&B .. lol .

R411 Nina's just recurring. I think TPTB brought fan-favorite Tricia Cast back, in order to make Chance's "bum's rush" exit more acceptable, or tenable, or something.

It's like: We don't want Donny Boreazz around, but we aren't ready to recast Chance yet. .. So guess what folks?! .. You get his mama, Nina, instead !!

by Anonymousreply 413April 14, 2021 11:41 PM

An actual question...why is it set in a "fictionalized" version of Genoa City, Wisconsin? The real place is evidently a downscale suburban dump with nothing to recommend it.

Why not one of the North Shore suburbs of Chicago or some old Great Lakes resort where you could imagine Brendad Ickson actually acquiring equity?

by Anonymousreply 414April 14, 2021 11:52 PM

R414 why is water wet? Bill Bell just happen to set it a small town. I think he wanted that small town feel, so all the characters know each other and can move in and out of each other’s storylines if need be.

by Anonymousreply 415April 15, 2021 12:04 AM

I still can't understand how Victor Newman's back story is that he was found in an orphanage....in Buffalo?

Berlin, I'd understand. But Buffalo?

by Anonymousreply 416April 15, 2021 12:07 AM

[quote] The real place is evidently a downscale suburban dump

When Bell first started the show in 1973 it was supposed to be a much smaller kind of town. Of course with the 80s Dynasty/Dallas kick every small town on daytime suddenly had skyscrapers.

But yes, Genoa City WI is a two stoplight kind of town IRL.

by Anonymousreply 417April 15, 2021 12:09 AM

Vee demanded that soaps like Y&R exchange the small town feel to a more city-like aesthetic. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 418April 15, 2021 12:21 AM

The thing that made me crazy was when Victoria Newman went from about 4 years old to be a teenager overnight.

Who was that pathetic fat chick that was always drooling over Brad? Whatever became of her?

I liked the storyline where Lauren was kidnapped. Lauren was always my fave character.

I hated Cricket. Shit but she was irritating. What a case of nepotism that was.

I hated when they replaced Jack, and omg when Brenda Ickson left that was the shitz. She was so camp.

I stopped watching the show when I got a day job. I tried videotaping it for a while but became too busy (or possibly bored) to watch anymore. Fun run for me while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 419April 15, 2021 12:33 AM

The Newman Ranch set is cramped and fugly. Traci and Nina could never maneuver around that set at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 420April 15, 2021 12:46 AM

Nina sure has gotten fat! She’s in Traci territory. Traci has always been a fatso. It wasn’t realistic wayyyyy back when Traci poured an ice cream sundae over Lauren’s head. Traci would NEVER waste good ice cream!!!

by Anonymousreply 421April 15, 2021 1:03 AM

R 419 Little Victoria wasn't 4-years old when she left. The child actress who played the character (Ashley Nicole Milan) was aged naturally and played Victoria till she was 9. When Victoria came back from Switzerland with Heather Tom in the role, the character was said to be 15, so it was about a six-year SORASing.

by Anonymousreply 422April 15, 2021 1:12 AM

R416 Apparently the nuns at the Buffalo orphanage where Victor grew up were from the same German order as the ones in "Lilies of the Field," only Sidney Poitier wasn't around to teach them English, so Little Victor began to talk like them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423April 15, 2021 1:23 AM

Vee from SON is such an asshole! The expert on everything cuz he’s in the biz, but yet he can’t get a job other than cleaning the shit in Valentini’s toilet. He’s such a non know it all. If he’s in the biz and the expert on everything, why is he cleaning shit? Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 424April 15, 2021 1:32 AM

R422 Yes, but she "Grew up" in a week. Now that was a quick trip!

by Anonymousreply 425April 15, 2021 1:35 AM

I remember a CBS weeknight show something like 60 Minutes, in which they interviewed Kay Alden in her apartment on Lake Shore Drive, she talked about how she got into writing for daytime, and addressed the issue of "Why Genoa City?" It turns out the Bell family vacationed there or drove through there on their way to their vacation destination in the summers when they still lived in Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 426April 15, 2021 1:44 AM

R425 As I recall, it was more like 6 or more months(?) ... with Victor taking Victoria on a little vacation to Switzerland during the Summer 1990, so he could drop her off there to start school in the Fall (unbeknownst to Nikki), with us not seeing her again until the Spring of 1991 when Heather Tom was shown at the school talking things over with her amie Yvette before doing what Nikki was asking and returning to Genoa City.

by Anonymousreply 427April 15, 2021 2:43 AM

I don't care if Nina is fat. Tricia always brought authenticity. The rest of the women look like they're frozen Muppets.

Nina and Traci may be fat but the irony is unlike the rest, they can move their faces.

by Anonymousreply 428April 15, 2021 2:54 AM

Nikki is always squeezed into her clothes so she can barely breathe

by Anonymousreply 429April 15, 2021 3:11 AM

Thanks to all for answering my questions...I only know the show through its reputation...and the magnificent Miss Ickson...I always thought a luxy Chicago suburb would better suit the cast and storylines (as I understood them).

by Anonymousreply 430April 15, 2021 3:14 AM

Heather Tom's face looks like what happens when you use a spoon for a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 431April 15, 2021 2:20 PM

Why did Heather Tom leave Y&R?

by Anonymousreply 432April 15, 2021 2:23 PM

Heather hated Mel Snott.

by Anonymousreply 433April 15, 2021 7:53 PM

Is Victor's describing Moses as "Neil Winters' grandson" in yesterday's episode foreshadowing of an Alzheimer's storyline?

by Anonymousreply 434April 15, 2021 7:56 PM

R432... she just couldn't take Jeanne and her strap-on.

by Anonymousreply 435April 15, 2021 7:57 PM

[quote]Why did Heather Tom leave Y&R?

She heard a doctor in Llanview had a cure for PSS.

by Anonymousreply 436April 15, 2021 8:00 PM

Heather was tired of Jeanne grabbing her tits.

by Anonymousreply 437April 15, 2021 8:11 PM

R432 Miss Heather left in late 2003, because EPs David Shaughnessy & Jack Smith (who was also HW) had to cut the cast budget, and she happened to be first one up at he time. .. While she was reportedly willing to take a cut, she was unwilling to take the reduction in episode counts that came with the offer. (She'd obviously had very wisely learned that the way to longevity in this biz is to remain front-burner.) .. So with negotiations stalled, when OLTL came a-calling, she bolted, as that soap promised her the episode counts she wanted, plus time-off to pursue live-theatre in NYC. .. As for Y&R, Smith wrote the "Victoria" character out, and he didn't see a need to recast the role for almost 2 1/2 years. (I think he figured Victoria would have to be there for his big "Cassie Kicks the Bucket Story," so he wrote Victoria back in a couple months before that. .. And during that time away, the character somehow went from "Bitchtoria" to "Wimptoria."

by Anonymousreply 438April 15, 2021 9:19 PM

Poor Heather, forever suffering from PSS (Pinched Sphincter Syndrome).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439April 15, 2021 9:21 PM

[quote] I remember a CBS weeknight show something like 60 Minutes, in which they interviewed Kay Alden in her apartment on Lake Shore Drive, she talked about how she got into writing for daytime, and addressed the issue of "Why Genoa City?" It turns out the Bell family vacationed there or drove through there on their way to their vacation destination in the summers when they still lived in Chicago.

Yes, Genoa City is truly Bumfucke, Nowhereseland. It was on the route they took to get to Lake Geneva, where they had a house. (If you ever go to Lake Geneva, WI and take the boat tour, the guides will point out the lakeside Bell mansion for you.)

The interstate highway is now probably quicker to get to Lake Geneva from Chicago, but at the time you just had to take the two lane roads.

by Anonymousreply 440April 15, 2021 9:23 PM

[quote]so he wrote Victoria back in a couple months before that. .. And during that time away, the character somehow went from "Bitchtoria" to "Wimptoria."

They really are like two different characters. I am surprised that OLTL was able to pay her what she was making at Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 441April 15, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote] I am surprised that OLTL was able to pay her what she was making at Y&R.

Well, it's a formula, and many speculated that the OLTL offer was less about Dollars per Episode and more about the Total Number of Episodes, so in reality an actor can actually be making less dollars per episode, yet come out 'even' or ahead on annualized basis, if the number of episodes are increased. .. Plus, there was the theatre perk, which obviously was worth something other than money to her.

by Anonymousreply 442April 15, 2021 9:50 PM

Watched the commercial broadcast show of Y&R live today for the first time in forever, and it's funny how Dougie says he's done with it, but they still use his image in the mid-show bumper.

by Anonymousreply 443April 15, 2021 9:54 PM

I doubt Heather was making as much at OLTL, but she wanted to prove herself outside of Y&R and she did.

She also had that hideous Broadway play

by Anonymousreply 444April 15, 2021 10:02 PM

Katie is a lame ass character compared to Victoria. Tom managed to pulled off four Emmy wins for her based on reels where she cries a lot. Surprised YR hasn’t snagged her back at some point, even though I’ve gotten used to Heinle (more attractive, half the size head), but Tom I think is shifting to directing more so she probably doesn’t care anymore other than to be on BB about twice a month.

by Anonymousreply 445April 15, 2021 10:09 PM

[quote]Tom managed to pulled off four Emmy wins for her based on reels where she cries a lot.

You would cry too if PSS happened to you.

by Anonymousreply 446April 15, 2021 10:12 PM

Ow! Ow! It PINCHES!

by Anonymousreply 447April 15, 2021 10:22 PM

[quote] They really are like two different characters.

Yeah, back in 2005, I remember many viewers thought TPTB had erred and they should have cast Amelia Heinle as NuNuMackenzie, who was brought in around the same time in the guise of Rachel Kimsey. .. And honestly, I have to agree. .. Still to this day, I see Heinle as more of a Mackenzie Browning character. .. Plus, they still could have played her in both the Billy and JT relationships, since Mac had been involved with both of guys since the time they were teens.

by Anonymousreply 448April 15, 2021 10:35 PM

I’m so happy we get to see Nina and Ashley talk about Abby’s baby everyday.

by Anonymousreply 449April 15, 2021 10:54 PM

Dumb Dylan thinks Josh Griffith’s writing is the cat’s pajamas.

by Anonymousreply 450April 15, 2021 11:01 PM

Has Vee commented about Dylan’s hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 451April 15, 2021 11:03 PM

R449 I'm surprised Aunt Jack isn't part of the conversation. He gets all verklempt over baby talk. Could win PB another Daytime Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 452April 15, 2021 11:03 PM

Dylan ghosts when people criticize him for being an idiot. Or did Vee have him banned? Vee knows everything and manages the universe singlehandedly while advising everyone in politics. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 453April 15, 2021 11:08 PM

I always thought it was strange that Heather Tom never came back to Y&R and it was ridiculous they let her go.

But she seems happy at B&B.

I remember reading someone saying Gina Tognoni would have made a good Victoria Newman and I can kind of see it. I think she would have been better than AH.

by Anonymousreply 454April 15, 2021 11:48 PM

R454 When it was announced that AMC and OLTL were being cancelled, it was reported by Deadline that Sony's "get list" included Gina Tognoni, Josh Kelly, Jacob Young, and Debbi Morgan. .. So Gina was definitely on someone's radar for something. .. And Josh Kelly would have made a great replacement for Billy Abbott (imho), since Billy Miller seemed to constantly be looking for something else when he was in the role with his one-year contract and time-off requirements. The article didn't indicate that was the role they were thinking of for Josh, but I can definitely see it. .. And of course, they actually got Debbi Morgan, but the writing for YoHarmony was pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 455April 16, 2021 12:44 AM

If Rey is done with Sharon, then what next? His sister, Lola, doesn't have a story either; plus, the actress has been cast in that Supergirl project. Aren't people expecting her to exit anyway? Will it be 'hasta la vista Rosales' and back to Florida they go?

by Anonymousreply 456April 16, 2021 5:39 AM

Maybe Ashley can get some younger dick from Rey?

by Anonymousreply 457April 16, 2021 5:42 AM

R417, the real GC, yes.

but Bill left some open doors; he described Genoa City as "urban in some respects, small-townish in others, population of around a quarter of a million....beyond this brief description Genoa City will be everything we want it to be."

I so freakin' miss him. He must be rolling over in his grave now. The stories make no sense. Characters come and go.

Producers executing their own agendas (Dullard); producers coming in who don't know the history of the show (LML, Mal) and the CBS execs who hire them anyway.

by Anonymousreply 458April 16, 2021 5:45 AM

R427, you may well be right Ashley Milan (little Vicki)'s last listed Y&R appearance is June 1990; while Heather Tom's is listed as Dec. 9 per imdb.

IMDB is famously inaccurate on soaps, but not always.

by Anonymousreply 459April 16, 2021 5:49 AM

R459 That date for Heather Tom is totally off. You'll notice that next to it at IMDb, it says "credit only." That means she didn't actually appear. But why she would even get a screen credit sounds sketchy. As you note, IMDb can be inaccurate, especially for something 30 years ago. But I know she didn't appear on camera till Spring 1991. That first episode they have for her at IMDb that doesn't say "credit only" (the one dated March 19, 1991) seems about right to me.

by Anonymousreply 460April 16, 2021 6:53 AM

[quote] The stories make no sense. Characters come and go. Producers executing their own agendas (Dullard); producers coming in who don't know the history of the show (LML, Mal) and the CBS execs who hire them anyway.

All true.

One of the big problems with Y&R is it reached the stage where a lot of NYC soaps also hit rocky grounds. There's a core group there that's been there for 30-40 years (Jack, Victor, Nikki and a few others) and they've really exhausted story for all of them. And some of those actors have....um, limited abilities, so they stick with the same story or same attitude all the time (you got that?) Thus there is little movement with either plot or character in those corners.

The Dina story, as convoluted as it was, was actually the best thing they did on that front in years (minus the questions about Jack not being John's son) and it was wise for them to drag it out a bit. It would be wise for them to revisit Victor's past, not for a new love or new illegitimate child but to find another layer of him (if such a thing exists) - maybe he helps someone he was in the orphanage with, or something like that.

Stories do seem to go nowhere, and while Y&R always had a more laid back acting style, it's so flat now as to induce comas.

No show seems to have a clear idea of what story to tell. Bill told many have vs have not stories but I think with all the economic unrest the networks are reluctant to show that now, so everyone is rich and boring.

by Anonymousreply 461April 16, 2021 1:33 PM

Y&R is stuck like all of these shows are stuck. In order to hold on to the audiences they have, they can't innovate and be shockingly provocative, like soaps used to be. For some reason, the soap audience, what's left of it, is very conservative and provincial. When the shows try to break out of the box, even a little, fans and fanbases lose their shit. So the writers and producers are trapped.

I ask anyone to name one thing that is young or restless and Young & Restless? The show has been unable to pivot to a new generation, because what they were doing worked for so long and no one wants to fuck with the #1 show. And they can't seem to find a writer who can write the show. And it's the number 1 show, but the production values are no better than Days - which has the smallest budget of the 4 remaining soaps. So what's going on over there?

by Anonymousreply 462April 16, 2021 1:50 PM

I really, really think this person either needs immediate mental health care or the intervention of law enforcement. Obsessed and sad.

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb STUPID fuck Dylan thinks that ‘their’ cancelling Days and not telling them until there last show is done. They’re find out then.

Young and the Restless Questions Go away Serial Scholar you fucking moron.

Young and the Restless Questions Has Vee commented about Dumb Dylan Green yet? Vee is in the biz, you know.

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb Dylan Green has the scoop! Someone is returning for the black story with Mishael. Who da fuk cares! At least Dylan has the inside gossip!!!!

Young and the Restless Questions Dylan has their scoop.

Young and the Restless Questions The lezzys are pregnant!!! Such gripping drama. Yawn.

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb Dylan has theirspoilers.

Young and the Restless Questions Vee is a homo and no one in the industry takes his opinions seriously. He’s an outcast. That’s why he goes to the loser SON board. The bitch board that no one takes seriously because they are all bitter queens.

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb ass Dylan gets dumber with each post. Josh Griffith is a good writer because he brought Adam back. lololololololol Dumb Dylan is as obsessed with Grossman as Perv Soapsuds with Chandler Massey. Dumbasses!

Young and the Restless Questions Alan Sarapa is a hottie! lololololololololol He’s so god damn fucken homely. Jesus.

Young and the Restless Questions Bunch of mental cases at SON. Ancient Vetsoapfan has to say TGL but he calls Days of Our Lives Days and not DOOL. What kind of logic is that?

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb Dylan paid Amc2008 for a whack off session.

Young and the Restless Questions Vee from SON is such an asshole! The expert on everything cuz he’s in the biz, but yet he can’t get a job other than cleaning the shit in Valentini’s toilet. He’s such a non know it all. If he’s in the biz and the expert on everything, why is he cleaning shit? Asshole.

Young and the Restless Questions Has Vee commented about Dylan’s hiatus.

ung and the Restless Questions Dumb Dylan is a moron! A fucking moron!

Young and the Restless Questions I WISH that I have the resources that Dumb Dylan has. He’s an insider, for sure. lolololololol Dylan is a fucking MORON!

Young and the Restless Questions Where are the lezzys????

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb Dylan hasn’t learned the difference between their, there and they’re. Fucking idiot.

Young and the Restless Questions Because dumb Dylan from the SON would melt down if Y&R is cancelled.

Young and the Restless Questions R15 Are you dumb Dylan from the SON board? He has a hard on for Grossman and goes into meltdown mode if anyone says that they don’t like Adam or Grossman.

Young and the Restless Questions Where are the lezzys on Y&R? They are rarely on dammit!!

Young and the Restless Questions Mary Williams let rip the smelliest farts with her cabbage recipes.

by Anonymousreply 463April 16, 2021 9:48 PM

Muriel - block this lunatic. NOW.

Young and the Restless Questions Alan Sarapa the ugly fuck is having organisms in his momma’s basement over Donny Boaz, Chance Chancellor.

Young and the Restless Questions I want to see the lezzies!!!!! Now. The lezzies are the real draw to Yawn &Rested.

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb Dylan from the SON whacks his meat while watching Mark Grosdman. Ewwwwww! SON has weirdos over there.

Young and the Restless Questions Twitter moron Alan Sarapa’ j/o material Donny Boaz got the ax. Boaz claims that they had to let actors go because of covid testing costs. Y&R is in budget trouble cuz ratings are way way down from a year ago.

Young and the Restless Questions Alan Sarapa, the HOTTIE who considers himself an influencer, jerked off looking at Donnie. Eww ewwwww ewwwww

Young and the Restless Questions Vee fired Donny Boaz. There isn’t anything that Vee isn’t an expert on. Vee knows EVERYTHING!!! He’s in the biz, you know.

Young and the Restless Questions Alan Sarapa from twitter is an ugly homo who lives in his momma’s basement and thinks that his “job” is a soap opera influencer. lolololol What a fucking loser.

Young and the Restless Questions Dumbass Dylan posted on SON that Lucci is going to be on the AMC reboot, but it turns out she is going to some other series. What a dumb Fuck Dylan is. So fucking stupid. At least the moron Vee is in the biz and knows everything.

Young and the Restless Questions Are the lezzys on this week?

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb Dylan thinks Y&R is great.

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb Dylan loves Y&R!!!

Young and the Restless Questions EVERYONE listens to Vee. He’s in the biz. He’s rebooting OLTL next.

Young and the Restless Questions Llanview. Dylan: Executive Producer. Oh wait, Vee is EP. Vee is in the biz, you know.

Young and the Restless Questions Memo to Dumb Dylan: Stop being so fucking stupid!!

Young and the Restless Questions Dylan has the gossip!

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb fuck Dylan is so fucking stupid! Vee has his number. Vee is in the biz, you know.

Young and the Restless Questions Jesus Christ! Dumb Dylan is so fucking stupid! Get him off the SON boards. He’s too stupid. What a fucking moron.

Young and the Restless Questions There is nothing that Vee doesn’t know. What a fucken MESS!

Young and the Restless Questions Why aren’t the lezzys on more?

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb fuck Dylan from SON posted all the April sweeps spoilers. Stupid asshole!

Young and the Restless Questions SON is full of MESSES! They’re all weirdos.

Young and the Restless Questions Where are my lezzys????????? They are the only reason I watch this shitfest! I want my lezzys!!!!!!

Young and the Restless Questions Dumb Dylan from SON is beside himself that he didn’t report the recasting of Faith first. Dumb Dylan scours the websites to copy their ‘scoops’ so he can sound important.

Young and the Restless Questions If someone disagrees with Dumb Dylan on twitter, he goes on ‘hiatus’. For a day or so. He’s a crackpot. He fits right in with the SON gang. They’re all nuts. Crazies, unemployed, fat but critical of others who gained weight, live in mother’s basement, collect disability. Yup, SON.

Young and the Restless Questions Why does Dumb Fuck Dylan at SON post as if he’s some kind of insider? All he does is copy other people’s news. Fucken moron.

Young and the Restless Questions How stupid are soap fans! Soap Opera Network hasn’t been getting the ratings from their source and the dumb fans think its because the ratings are bad and the soaps are hiding the numbers because they are so bad. How fucking stupid. No wonder the Execs dismiss the fans as being nutjobs. Especially Dumb Dylan.

Young and the Restless Questions SOnN has been failing for awhile now with assholes like Vee and Vetsoapfan and Khan and the pervs Soapsuds and Foxton and stupid idiot Dylan and now they don’t have the ratings, which was the main reason people viewed that site. Bye bye SON. Rest in peace. You’ve gone way downhill.

by Anonymousreply 464April 16, 2021 9:50 PM

R463 R464 Now, I know why there are so many "missing" replies on this thread. I blocked that troll ages ago. I see gaps up to five replies sometimes, and I assume "they" are talking to "themselves"again, since no one else is interested in that shit.

by Anonymousreply 465April 16, 2021 10:05 PM

So that horse faced Victoria is still on the show?

Does anybody ever leave this fucking boring show?

And how boring is it having Victor win EVERY time.

by Anonymousreply 466April 17, 2021 12:53 AM

[quote]And how boring is it having Victor win EVERY time.

I'll have you know, my boy, all men want to be captain of industry Victor Newman, and all women want to be with him. You got that?

by Anonymousreply 467April 17, 2021 2:13 AM

R432, it was money.

Bill Bell paid her a lot to return back in 1997; she won her second Emmy in 1999.

She came up for renewal in 2003 and this was the beginning of the show cutting salaries, which were high.

Rather than take a cut, Heather left, moved to New York and joined One Life to Live; the money might have been less per show, but she might have worked more as Kelly than she would have as Victoria.

She got an Emmy nom in Supporting and was first on her feet, applauding when nominee competitor Genie Francis won for GH.

After OLTL ended, Tom came back to LA and landed the role of Katie on BB. She's won FOUR Emmys playing the part.

by Anonymousreply 468April 17, 2021 4:17 AM

Thinking of my gay fans. 😉. Nip alert!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469April 17, 2021 4:21 PM

Kate Linder also thinking of her gay fans by using Brenda's facial photo filter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470April 18, 2021 7:28 AM

Did Kate ever give up her flight attendant job?

by Anonymousreply 471April 18, 2021 9:37 AM

R471 When Linder did a podcast interview with Marci Hopkins in the Fall of 2020, she talked like she's still doing it. However, when Marci asked her how they're dealing with COVID on both her jobs, she only talked about Y&R, so I might guess that like many airline employees she either is (or was) on furlough or something.

by Anonymousreply 472April 18, 2021 8:27 PM

LINE OF THE DAY:

Victoria to Nikki: "It's exhausting."

by Anonymousreply 473April 22, 2021 7:27 PM

LOL Loving how ragged Heinle is looking. WTF?!? And she is stuck in that hideous pink suit.

by Anonymousreply 474April 22, 2021 7:56 PM

She tells Victor off tomorrow towards end of the show; it's good.

But anytime Vicki does something powerful, I think wow Heather would have knocked this out of the park.

Heinle LOOKS like a Nemwan, but ...the show's been one big 'eh' since Jack Smith left circa 2005.

by Anonymousreply 475April 23, 2021 5:35 AM

they should keep Burghi for when Braeden goes to that great soap in the sky

Kyle fucking his wife -- there's your big conflict

by Anonymousreply 476April 23, 2021 5:39 AM

Could Camryn Grimes be any more homely? Geez. The makeup and wardrobe departments hate her.

by Anonymousreply 477April 24, 2021 1:01 PM

Singing with Stafford and her son Jameson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478April 24, 2021 1:26 PM

Anyone that thinks CLB is still straight (sure there’s a few housefraus out there that still do), need to watch the above video.

by Anonymousreply 479April 24, 2021 4:56 PM

Over the last five years or so, I'm not even sure those last few remaining housefraus exist any longer. .. Anyway, what I see more of is them making reference to it like they "know something" that others don't and/or "tittering" about it like they've just revealed a BIG secret.

by Anonymousreply 480April 24, 2021 7:21 PM

Video at r478 is really fun. Thanks for posting it.

by Anonymousreply 481April 25, 2021 1:52 AM

Nick and Phyllis' role-playing conversation pretending to be "Don and Linda" .. Wow, they really have nothing for Morrow and The Stafford. .. These two could be dispensed with pronto and not missed. .. Save some money in the process and spend it elsewhere. .. During their scene, I kept looking at the hot, blond, hotel worker in the background hoping he'd walk trough the scene again and show off his uniformed butt some more.

by Anonymousreply 482April 27, 2021 7:33 PM

Stafford missed out on playing tons of great stuff over on GH; what has she done since returning to Y&R?

She's yelled at Phyllis, butted into Jack's life; 'felt bad' when Sharon had cancer...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

She's incredibly entertaining and hits her mark. Always watchable. But an actress? Mmmmaybe not.

by Anonymousreply 483April 27, 2021 9:59 PM

I mean she's yelled at "Sally"

by Anonymousreply 484April 27, 2021 10:01 PM

I think they should have had Victor ask the private investigator whom he's hired to locate Adam, if he's looked for Adam's profile on Grindr or some of the other M4M sites.

I mean. it would be just like Adam to try to find some hot, unsuspecting gay guy to allow him to crash and hide out at his fashionable, downtown loft apartment for the promise of a good time.

And who doesn't like character-driven story based on actual history?

by Anonymousreply 485April 27, 2021 10:23 PM

Adam's missing again? Yawnnnn....that story again?!?

this show is creatively dead.

by Anonymousreply 486April 28, 2021 11:41 PM

I've quit watching. I was never wedded to it and drifted in and out but there's nothing worth recording. It's just limping along. Pointless. You know, the universal themes: love, loss, rejection, desire, need... they still exist. There's stuff to mine there. The sets have gone back to the dawn of daytime, why shouldn't the writing? Anyway, these last remaining shows will surely die a quick death when their production orders expire. There's nothing left.

by Anonymousreply 487April 29, 2021 1:19 AM

Ye Olde Kidney Transplant.

by Anonymousreply 488April 29, 2021 3:09 AM

Sharon is the biggest idiot on the show, throwing away her marriage to hot Rey so she can pine over flabby psycho Adam.

by Anonymousreply 489April 29, 2021 3:41 AM

Rey is boring.

by Anonymousreply 490April 29, 2021 4:54 AM

And Adam is exciting? The man who kidnapped her daughter?

by Anonymousreply 491April 29, 2021 1:37 PM

Adam is throwing it down in the sack and Sharon can't get enough. Meanwhile the only thing Rey is sticking is more Botox into his face.

by Anonymousreply 492April 29, 2021 1:41 PM

Has Dina forgotten she's dead?

by Anonymousreply 493April 29, 2021 1:44 PM

LOL Rey's face is looking a bit frozen these days. Does Sharon get turned on when Adam's moobs jiggle in her face?

by Anonymousreply 494April 29, 2021 1:46 PM

[quote]Does Sharon get turned on when Adam's moobs jiggle in her face?

I know that I would.

by Anonymousreply 495April 29, 2021 1:48 PM

Mark Grossman is the only reason I started watching this shitshow again, when he was in the hospital as Spyder. He's still my only reason to watch. I smile back at this gorgeous NJB every time I see him in the opening credits.

by Anonymousreply 496April 29, 2021 2:09 PM

Let me guess — Adam will be Faith’s donor. Original!

by Anonymousreply 497April 29, 2021 3:19 PM

^I thought the same thing. That plot line can be seen from space.^

by Anonymousreply 498April 29, 2021 6:29 PM

What does Faith need a donor for?

by Anonymousreply 499April 29, 2021 6:30 PM

R499 Kidney pie.

by Anonymousreply 500April 29, 2021 6:39 PM

R500 she needs it for May sweeps

by Anonymousreply 501April 29, 2021 7:18 PM

oops I mean R499

by Anonymousreply 502April 29, 2021 7:18 PM

With Mia going for Arturrrrrro and Sharon still lusting after Adam, one can only conclude that Rey is deep, deep, deep in the closet and one big dud in the heterosexual bedroom department.

He obviously just needs the experience of a hot gay stud to provide his mid-life *awakening* to mansex.

This story could evolve several different ways, but I'm thinking the first time would probably involve a couple of beers just to loosen him up a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503April 29, 2021 7:54 PM

R497 Yeah, and no subtlety whatsoever, as with that conversation between Victor and Nick, then Nick and Sharon, they basically announced that that Adam is going to be Faith's donor. .. I guess a half-uncle-from-another-mother trumps even the mere thought of contacting-testing a full brother like Noah .. lol.

by Anonymousreply 504April 29, 2021 10:33 PM

Is fat Mia back? She was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 505April 29, 2021 10:37 PM

R503, that's the kind of chest I like to lay my head on and then he gently unzips his pants and pushes my head down. I resist a little (I'm not a WHORE!) And then I give in and go to town.

Because it's Rey, I don't know when he holds my head down when he shoots.

"Sorry, buddy...I didn't mean for that to happen."

Then, we spoon till dawn.

Me into him, of course.

by Anonymousreply 506April 29, 2021 11:12 PM

I mean I don't resist when he holds my head down...

REY! You've got me all flustered!

by Anonymousreply 507April 29, 2021 11:46 PM

Like the billionaire who always gets what he wants couldn't just call up some clinic in a foreign country and order a kidney to go.

The Red Market and Transplant Tourism exist and such organ transplants now make up no less than 10% of such surgeries with kidneys at the top of list.

by Anonymousreply 508April 30, 2021 7:37 PM

R491 A mere kidnapping (baby switch) on a soap opera would be nothing. .. Some guys have raped women, and the duo end up together to become a popular couple. .. On this show, look at Paul and Christine. .. Oh right, Paul "ravished" her, and Christine ultimately forgave him. .. All better now.

by Anonymousreply 509April 30, 2021 9:04 PM

When they recast "Chance" (some think the casting call for "Derek" is actually for Chance), they should take the opportunity to recast his gay daddy "Phillip" as well.

Let's have a new father and son debut together to start fresh. .. NuPhillip doesn't need to be contract, but could be played recurring just like Nina during this surrogate grandbaby story.

I'd suggest Mark Lawson as Chance and Kevin Spirtas as Phillip. They look like they could be father and son, and no one could complain that they were replacing wackadoodle Bierdz with a straight actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510May 1, 2021 10:20 PM

Oh gee .. a tornado for May Sweeps?

Can the damn thing at least rip Nick and Adam's clothes off, thereby forcing the two brothers to spoon naked in order to create enough body heat, so they don't die from exposure before the rescue team finds them the next morning?

Of course, older brother, Nick, would insist on being the big spoon, but then younger brother, Adam, would eventually inform Nick that he's doing it all wrong, reminding him that he has experience in that position due to Rafe. So Nick would begrudgingly trade places with Adam, muttering something about how it's not his fault that The Wartman always forced him be the little spoon.

by Anonymousreply 511May 2, 2021 8:10 AM

I can't believe how far Y&R pushed the envelope with Wartman telling Nick how purdy he was; that may not be an exact quote but they danced around it a lot; and Nick sure was even PURDIER back then.

of course, Victor had to barge in with the police and beat the crud out of Wartman so that Nick's hole(s) wouldn't be ravaged.

by Anonymousreply 512May 3, 2021 2:26 AM

R512 Yeah, as I recall, David Shark Fralick (Warton) once gave an interview in which he said that it was Ed Scott who took him aside and told him to lay the sexual overtones on really really thick. From the way Fralick relayed this, I got the distinct impression that Morrow wasn't part of this conversation. .. And I definitely remember that one scene where Warton was handing out the prison garb, and he grabbed hold of Nicholas' hand. .. Warton called him "SLICK" and taunted him with, "You're new here," and getting right up in Nick's face with, "You're a ... VIRRRR-GINNNN." .. He then commented on how soft and smooth Nick's hand was comparing it to a "BABY'S BUTT".... lol!

by Anonymousreply 513May 3, 2021 5:23 AM

I heard Roscoe Born (God rest his soul; RIP) played with Greg Rikaart's head a little bit when he came on as Terrible Tom; he'd see him the hallway and purse his lips and wink at him; this was a long time ago...15 years...so Rikaart was much younger and might have been put off by that; Roscoe was intense.

by Anonymousreply 514May 3, 2021 5:41 AM

More Fun at Walworth State Penitentiary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515May 3, 2021 9:08 AM

Soaps don't go to dark places anymore; the actors have to pump up what isn't there, hoping it plays.

it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 516May 3, 2021 6:40 PM

Dear Gawd in Heaven ... Nick is such a DOOFUS.

The Kansas tornado from the Wizard of Oz is about to hit, but Nick is insistent that he and Adam get in the car and drive to the airport, so that they can jump on the Newman jet and return to Genoa City RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE !!

As if any air traffic controller would let them take off in weather like that. RME. And Faith isn't even in stable enough condition yet to have a transplant, and Adam has to go through a series of tests. A few more hours waiting for the storm to clear ain't gonna matter. .. But that's right, Nick. Go ahead and get yourself and the donor killed.

Then, Nick won't even let Adam have ONE glass of wine, believing it will harm Adam's kidneys. Is he for real?

It's a good thing Nick's mother isn't the match. Nikki's kidneys are probably still marinated in vodka.

by Anonymousreply 517May 3, 2021 11:21 PM

Can Victor just dispense with Chelsea ... and while we're at it take Chloe out at the same time?

Dull and Duller .. And they both should be in jail for attempted murder, among other crimes.

chelsea chloe chelsea chloe chelsea chloe chelsea chloe chelsea chloe chelsea chloe chelsea chloe

After this many years, my brain still mixes them up, because I really don't give a damn.

by Anonymousreply 518May 5, 2021 10:28 PM

Chelsea was RUINED; she robbed her own company and left town while she was with Nick and they were raising Adam's two sons.

Why?

She had everything and she threw it away; makes no sense.

She comes back;, reunites with Nick; then breaks it off b/c Adam Adam Adam...then instantly she realizes Adam loves Sharon.

Duh. Go back to Nick.

by Anonymousreply 519May 7, 2021 3:37 AM

I like the new Amanda Sinclair. The other one, in comparison, is a Sour Patch Kid, like Robin Strasser or PSS Girl herself, Heather Tom. I hope they keep this one.

by Anonymousreply 520May 7, 2021 3:03 PM

R520 Original Amanda (Mishael Morgan) is already back on set and will be seen again June 1. Personally, I've never understood the big hoopla over her. She's pretty and all, but I find her very monotone in delivery and one-note in the emotion department, often coming off flat and apathetic. Scenes with her and Dull Duhvon are sleep-inducing. (And yes, he's equally flat.) At least with TempAmanda (Mosley), there's glimmers of life.

by Anonymousreply 521May 7, 2021 7:07 PM

The role of Amanda seems like a more natural fit for Karla Mosley than it does for Misheal Morgan.

Karla is one of the best temp recasts I have ever seen on soaps.

by Anonymousreply 522May 7, 2021 9:31 PM

Mind-boggling they won't bring Dru back; Sure, I've read the rumors, but Eric Braeden nearly killed Peter Bergman in his dressing room when he felt threatened by him.

Back when Kristoff was alive, people said oh, they can get someone else for Neil; I'd ask yeah, they have...lots of times...name three of his other leading ladies.

People say....oh, well, there was that one girl...I forget her real name, but she played...oh, I forget her character name...wasn't one of them on Fame? I can't remember.

by Anonymousreply 523May 7, 2021 11:35 PM

When KSJ was still alive I could see a place for Dru on the canvas, but now, not so much.

And realistically, having worked in a corporate environment that supported human resources law on occasion, I can see why a company like Sony wouldn't want to re-contract with a walking lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 524May 7, 2021 11:50 PM

I’d rather keep Imani than Amanda.

by Anonymousreply 525May 8, 2021 12:24 AM

Plus it’s been too long to bring back Drucilla. She went over that waterfall like 15 years ago? Rowell is the only one that can play her. I think this part is really owned by her. But Victoria not only burned her bridges but the whole town behind her with the show.

by Anonymousreply 526May 8, 2021 1:06 AM

R524, R526, I agree...

BUT imagine Dru coming back and all set to reunite with Neil and then Olivia or Lily or Devon has to tell her.

The OLD Y&R could pull that off; where characters let emotions wash over them...not this wham bam thing they do now.

For example, I can't believe Kyle is flying off to NYC to meet his son; watch him from a distance at least.

Instead he's all 'oh, no! Sally knows my secret!'

WHO CARES?

Sadly, it's true; if Rowell had handled wanting to come back differently, she'd be back.

The woman came from nothing though in the foster care system; she taught herself ballet by reading a book.

On-screen, she and Kristoff were magic; and Dru v Phyllis was gold.

by Anonymousreply 527May 8, 2021 3:32 AM

Y&R hadn't seen a scenery chewer like that since Jeanne Cooper was playing Katherine Chancellor moaning and distressed. I was happy when she left, personally.

by Anonymousreply 528May 8, 2021 11:52 AM

I always thought Jeannes eye rolling kept her from winning the Emmy. When she cut that shit out, she won. Coincidence? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 529May 8, 2021 4:33 PM

Is Michael Muhney doing something else besides acting? He hasn’t gotten a lot of roles since the show let him go. I can’t imagine a family of 5 living on his limited acting roles.

by Anonymousreply 530May 8, 2021 7:52 PM

Prolly voiceover work.

by Anonymousreply 531May 8, 2021 9:21 PM

R530 I think the wife works, but also property records indicate that they sold the house in Sherman Oaks (*) in 2019, making a $710,000 profit. .. The older son should be over 18 now, so it's possible he's out of the house and/or in college maybe working or living elsewhere. .. The apartment they appear to be leasing, though, ain't cheap by any means, so while it looks like they may have downsized, they certainly wouldn't be destitute.

And good grief .. he might have slimmed down and gotten toned from all the cycling he does, but the longish, slicked back hair and pornstache is downright creepster-looking - not to mention he's 45, but looks over 50. (Photo from last month.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(*) South of the Blvd., but still part of The Valley Where That Slut Brooke Logan Is From.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532May 8, 2021 10:26 PM

I never saw someone who had it all throw it all away

He apparently thought he could be just as blowhard-y as Eric but it bit him in the ass big time.

If he'd just kept his mouth shut, come in, done his job, and gone home, he'd still be on the show today.

by Anonymousreply 533May 10, 2021 1:16 AM

What really happened may not have been what people think regarding Muhney.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534May 10, 2021 1:22 AM

R534, that article's all over the place.

He was fired b/c he was impossible; didn't he tweet out something like I'm not saying all mustache wearers are child molesters but all child molesters have mustaches

what's victor's nickname again?

Seriously, the guy was stirring up trouble for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 535May 10, 2021 1:25 AM

Muhney, who?

Love Mark in the role.

by Anonymousreply 536May 10, 2021 2:16 AM

Sharon and Nikki praying together. LOL! .. Where's Brock Reynolds when you need him. .. Kumbaya!

OMG! .. They actually remembered Nick's other "son" CHRISTIAN.

The valets at Phyllis' hotel all wear snug pants with their primary ASSet on display. The Grand Phoenix must be getting a reputation as a full-service hotel.

Hopefully, another head case kills Chelsea in the nuthouse. .. Can Victor arrange for that, too?

All in all, Wednesday's episode was like an exercise in "Okay, folks! Let's wrap this mess up!"

by Anonymousreply 537May 12, 2021 7:44 PM

They make it sound like Adam & Sharon are breaking up, but do a glam photo shoot with them on the chess board set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538May 14, 2021 10:18 PM

For something different, they should have Hot Daddy Ashland make JaBottom an indecent proposal:

"You want this to go away? .. Alright. .. You let me fuck you six ways to Sunday, and I'll allow Tara to have primary custody of the towhead. .. And don't act so fazed. .. I've already spoken to your buddy Vanderway about what you got into when doing your bartending gigs in The Hamptons."

by Anonymousreply 539May 17, 2021 10:38 PM

Kinda nit picky but why create an Ashland and put him in the same orbit as Ashley!?! Understood she is on rarely but there’s are a ton of names out there...

by Anonymousreply 540May 17, 2021 11:46 PM

A little interesting...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541May 17, 2021 11:52 PM

There used to be a rule that you didn't have characters whose names began with the same first initial, to make the writers' lives easier. As r540 points, Y&R *really* doesn't give a shit about that anymore.

As for Tara Locke, we knew this was coming because (a) it's the only development that makes sense and (b) the actress playing Tara has been in the contract credits since she appeared on the show.

by Anonymousreply 542May 17, 2021 11:54 PM

Initial is one thing. Adam and Ashley... ok...

Ashland and Ashley?!?

by Anonymousreply 543May 17, 2021 11:59 PM

Remembering a time when Bell had JOHN Abbott and JOHN Silva ....

And don't get me started on L-eslie, L-orie, L-ance, and L-ucas. la-la-la-la-la .. And during this time, Bell went ahead added L-arry & L-inda L-arkin in a L-ame story that never gained any traction, so they were written off. Thank gawd.

by Anonymousreply 544May 18, 2021 12:13 AM

R544, so oit was Goodbye, Larry?

And did Linda Larkin go on to star in Alice?

R543, Ashland and Ashley's 'smush' name will either be Ashley or Ashland

Seriously, I could see Burgi and Eileen having great chemistry; it's ridiculous that they did that with the name.

I can't imagine what it might be like to be a scriptwriter or breakdown writer on a show and you can't have a conversation with your head writer where you could safely point something like that out.

by Anonymousreply 545May 18, 2021 5:59 AM

R538, that's their holiday card!

by Anonymousreply 546May 18, 2021 6:12 AM

They both look a little fat.

by Anonymousreply 547May 18, 2021 11:51 AM

Kate Linder robbed of Daytime Emmy nomination, AGAIN!

by Anonymousreply 548May 25, 2021 11:54 PM

At least Marla Adams got a nod. Hope she wins. She deserves it for her long career in daytime.

by Anonymousreply 549May 26, 2021 12:01 AM

Aunt Jack wants his grandbaby!

Has anyone reminded him that he might have two or three over in Vietnam?

And LaBergman is overdoing that melodramatic lip-biting thing he does.

by Anonymousreply 550May 26, 2021 6:59 PM

R549 Marla probably won’t win. They normally don’t give career Emmys in daytime.

by Anonymousreply 551May 26, 2021 8:28 PM

I'm a big fan of Marla's and wouldn't mind if she won, but I'm not really a fan of handing out regular awards for "sentimental" reasons. I just hope her reel is competitive. Supporting is typically a tough category.

Personally, I think Marla might have been more appropriately placed and have a better chance of winning on merit for her 2020 work, if she'd entered in the "Guest Performer" category. They changed the rules for that category -- so that it no longer has to be new character -- so I think she would have qualified there, especially since her appearances in 2020 were really very limited (7 episodes and couple with flashbacks). Plus, there was a beginning and end to the arc she was being played in. That point is also mentioned in the award rules for the Guest Performer category, so what she was being played in would have been a good fit.

by Anonymousreply 552May 26, 2021 8:59 PM

r552, I think you're right. I think Marla would have had a better chance in the Guest Performer catagory.

Most of the daytime voters aren't going to recognize the 50+ year history Marla has in daytime, so she's unikely to win in Supporting.

by Anonymousreply 553May 27, 2021 12:27 AM

Was Hot Daddy Ashland cruising Chancellor Park for a Grindr hook-up? (I notice Burgi's been moved to contract status.)

It's kinda funny when Twink Moses is in scenes with Li'l Devon. The lad must be 6'4. (I notice he's not on contract.)

OMG! They've finally built a new set (for Lily & Billy). .. Apparently The Home Deport on Sunset had a parking lot sale to get rid of some old in-store displays and TPTB took advantage of it.

Speaking of sets. .. It's SUMMER. .. Has anyone reminded Morina that he might want to think about resurrecting one of the swimming pool sets to give viewers some totally gratuitous skin shows?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554May 27, 2021 8:52 PM

The budget's so small they'd have to act the water.

Though Kate Linder might stand out of shot with a spray bottle if it counts towards her contract.

Those estrogen patches ain't free.

by Anonymousreply 555May 27, 2021 9:53 PM

[quote]I notice Burgi's been moved to contract status.

He wasn't in either set of credits today.

by Anonymousreply 556May 27, 2021 11:02 PM

R556 I can't tell you why Burgi's name isn't among the cast on the crawl streaming at cbs.com, but I happened to watch the episode on plain old television today, and the credits that ran with that on-air broadcast had Burgi's name right up there alphabetically after LaBergman and Braeden, with the rest of the contract cast following. That's the only reason I noticed it.

by Anonymousreply 557May 27, 2021 11:50 PM

Moses is using the same shade of lip gloss as Lily. .. Or is he stealing hers? .. That might be an interesting story.

Who stuffed Nikki in that lavender dress!? .. She's two shades away from being a grape fruit roll up.

I'd almost forgotten that Aunt Jack was a Hillbilly Heroin addict. .. That was one of Griffith's first storylines during his HW stint back in 2012-13.

TPTB should have included Little Bug and Nina in the memorial to Neil. .. Those two could have had a good laugh over how Neil helped rescue Drusilly and them from the evil porn producers. .. It would be nice to have a better print of the scene below made from a current flashback.

OK - I can see why "Vinny" thought Neil was one of the porn actors showing up for the shoot, but Danny? .. "Uhh sorry. We're not doing any gay stuff today. Come back on Friday when Chi Chi will be here. And make sure you're shaved everywhere."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558May 28, 2021 8:15 PM

Jess Walton’s husband is very ill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559May 29, 2021 2:21 AM

Will this show die when that old German does?

Might as well.

by Anonymousreply 560May 31, 2021 12:15 AM

R560 At this point, they could easily move Richard Burgi into the "ruthless" role currently occupied by Hans.

To reinforce the idea that Ashland is like Victor they can have him kidnap JaBottom, imprison him in his cellar, feed him rats, and strap him to a butt machine.

Who doesn't like a Classic Y&R storyline?

by Anonymousreply 561May 31, 2021 1:50 AM

Aunt Jack tells towhead Harrison that he's never had a grandson before.

Just wait till Keemo Abbott's son, instaho Trai, shows up at Jack's door, arriving in town as Noah Newman's new Eurasian boyfriend from Paris!

NuNoah accepts Victor and Adam's job offer to be brand manager for Newman Media, while Lauren immediately signs Trai to become FenMo's top male model in their ad campaigns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562June 1, 2021 8:07 PM

Is Mrs. Chancellor still???

by Anonymousreply 563March 5, 2022 7:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!