Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Young and the Restless Questions

Questions for fans of this show - a show I've never understood the popularity of. Any help would be appreciated:

1) Does Nikki ever show a side other than a remote/cold, monotone snob who sounds like she has a stuffed up nose? Have we ever seen her cry? Be funny? Be angry? 2) Does this show have any humor in it? Has it ever? 3) What's the deal with Katherine and her nails? Why is she always posed with her hands at her face and those TALONS on display? 4) Whatever happened to Carol, Jack's secretary with CP? Did she just disappear and they never mentioned her again? 5) Same deal with Lynne, Paul's secretary that was the daughter of a writer (this show is two for two - I'm sure she and Lauralee Bell "auditioned under a different name.") 6) WHY is this show popular? NOTHING happens and everyone is either austere, on-the-nose or both.

by Anonymousreply 158Yesterday at 2:22 PM

Carol had polio; she died in real life; Laura Bryan Birn was well cast as the plain secretary who pined for her boss

Yes Nikki shows other emotions

by Anonymousreply 108/29/2020

OP, you appear to be posting from 1987... Haven't watched the show in a decade. I watched Y&R and OLTL as a kid in the 80's and 90's- Could not be more different until the Gottlieb era. Anyway...

I loved the look and the background music. It was languid and really beautiful to watch. The Days Of Heaven of soaps.

The dialogue was ATROCIOUS but comforting because it was very cliched and pseudo intellectual- It was intelligent but a cliche. Very hard to explain. It was how you would expect people in the 1950's to talk.... The characters would have these inane internal monologues...

The camera work was also beautiful for a soap. And you would always have one character in the foreground and background- with the character in the foreground looking off into space-

Very stylized and VERY CONSISTENT. The show had a consistent vision and tone which other shows could only wish to have with their endless headwriters and producers.

And yes, the show was VASTLY overrated and got the ratings because of its time slot and the others shows simply lost their viewers at a greater pace/rate- Its all fucking illusion. Like everything else in life.

I loved Nikki's and Lauren's allergy sounding voices. It was very nasal and California to me!!!

by Anonymousreply 208/29/2020

Mel Snott is a bitch. I know that.

by Anonymousreply 308/29/2020

My question is why would a man with half a brain even watch this crap? Are you living in a trailer park? Get some class and taste.

by Anonymousreply 408/29/2020

R4, I always wanted to be a cinematographer. And I was always shocked that a show shot on VIDEOTAPE could look so good.. That's my honest answer. I thought it was amazing that a videotaped soap could look better than a film. It's no small feat.

by Anonymousreply 508/29/2020

I can answer the first 2 as someone who watched the show from childhood until my mid-30s...

1) Nikki has never, ever had a sense of humor. She's occasionally turned on the charm for Victor and Jack, but she doesn't really joke around. I've seen her cry a few times...the instance that sticks out in my head was when she was addicted to painkillers and alcohol. Victoria was home from boarding school and she, Nikki, Victor, and Jack went to dinner. At some point Nikki excuses herself and breaks down in tears because she's struggling with hiding her addiction. That was the early early 90s.

2) Y&R humor has always been lame compared to its sister show, B&B. Esther the maid was used as comic relief for decades, but other than her the show isn't known for its humor. The funniest moment I can recall: Back when Phyllis was psychotic, she would continually find ways to terrorize Cricket/Christine. Back when Paul and Christine were still together, they were about to get intimate while the lights were out, and after a few seconds Christine says there's someone else in the and she jumps to turn the lights on. That's when Phyllis emerges from the covers and says, "Paul, Chris...fancy meeting you here!"

That's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 608/29/2020

I have a question. Why do they keep fossils like me on the show when I look like a real-life Halloween Costume?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 710/23/2020

There was a funny bit when exes Sharon and Jack were with new partners, Adam and Emily, and they ran into each other in some tropical locale where Sharon and Jack had been before as a couple.

They wanted to downplay it given their new relationships. The lines went something like: Sharon: We were here a long time ago. Jack: Yeah, we don't remember it. Sharon: Yeah...we don't remember it.

Only the way Case read the second line it was like WTF you don't remember! Thereby, negating their attempts to downplay it.

Y&R was shot beautifully. B&B, too.

The show used to be more character-driven than plot driven.

by Anonymousreply 810/23/2020

watch this scene from 1988 from B&B; Thorne shoots Ridge; Stephanie runs down the stairs in the studio and out the door on remote; matches perfectly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 910/23/2020

Where are the lezzys on Y&R? They are rarely on dammit!!

by Anonymousreply 1010/23/2020

R8, "Thorne shoots Ridge". HAHAHA...thanks for the laugh!

by Anonymousreply 1110/24/2020

I have a Young and Restless question: Why is it still on?

by Anonymousreply 1210/25/2020

Because dumb Dylan from the SON would melt down if Y&R is cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 1310/26/2020

My grandmother got mad at me for saying Mary Williams looked like Sweet Polly Purebred.

by Anonymousreply 1410/26/2020

I have hated the show ever since becoming aware of its existence in 1989 or so, when I started to watch ATWT and GL. The characters spoke in a way no human being I had ever known used language. It was so stilted, I could never watch more than two episodes in a row without making such enormous fun of myself, I had to give it up. I cannot explain its popularity.

It became watchable only during the very short reign of Lynn Marie Latham, if for no other reason than that the characters spoke like actual human beings, ones I knew and could (finally) recognize. She even introduced some Jewish characters in this very whitebread world.

She did not, however, do anything to get rid of the central conceit of the program, that the ancient old bag of crust known as Victor Newman was so essential, so compelling, that he was the very epicenter of life in Genoa City. Men wanted to be him, women wanted to be with him. His very "genetic material" was so desireable, women would hide in closets in hopes of extracting it from his penis.

Whereas, he's just this rich, old bag of bones who should have been gotten rid of long ago.

They've been trying to recenter the show around his various crotchdroppings, but the only one who's actually compelling enough to make me tune in on the regular is currently being written as the show's villain, and he just gets worse and worse. He's someone they could conceivably use as an antihero, the way they've done with TGVN all these years, but the only note they're giving him to play of late is "scoundrel." If the actor weren't so handsome, so charming, I'd have written the show off entirely twelve years ago (or whenever LML left).

But Mark Grossman is so completely my type, I started watching again two years ago. I noticed him on the TV in the lobby of a medical office I went to for some testing, and I just had to watch this guy tomorrow. That is the only reason I watch.

I skip entire episodes he's not in. I can't stand most of Y&R's young set. I give Kyle, Summer, Theo, and Abby the finger when they appear in the opening credits. Phyllis, too, but she's no "young set" member. How Nick can stick his dick...oh, forget it. Hope this answers some of your questions.

by Anonymousreply 1510/26/2020

R15 Are you dumb Dylan from the SON board? He has a hard on for Grossman and goes into meltdown mode if anyone says that they don’t like Adam or Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 1610/26/2020

[quote] My grandmother got mad at me for saying Mary Williams looked like Sweet Polly Purebred.

My mother used to call Mary Williams "Fish Lips".

by Anonymousreply 1710/26/2020

Mary Williams let rip the smelliest farts with her cabbage recipes.

by Anonymousreply 1810/26/2020

Did Carl ever eat out Mary’s snatch or was it strictly lights out, missionary, no sounds? I once chowed down on Katherine. The faint taste of tuna sandwich and avocado oil and a hint of pickle relish.

by Anonymousreply 1910/26/2020

If only they could cut off Chance’s head! The actor has a nice body, but he’s so homely!!! Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 2010/26/2020

Put John Driscoll’s head onto that body.

by Anonymousreply 2110/26/2020

[quote] Does Nikki ever show a side other than a remote/cold, monotone snob who sounds like she has a stuffed up nose?

There was a time where Nikki and her daughter-in-law Sharon were feuding as to who is the top Mrs. Newman. It came to a head with a charity function that Sharon was organizing and Nikki was being very snobby about the whole thing, as she is Mrs. Victor Newman

Never mind she is an ex-stripper!

by Anonymousreply 2210/26/2020

Nikki's rivalry with Sharon always had a tinge of humor to it, but she, Nikki, is the shows legacy character...I mean, after Kathrine's death SEVEN years ago, Nikki is next in line, as the "Lead" Grande Dame character. Granted, they are ALWAYS adding new characters, and other legacys pop up all the time, here and there: Lauren, Jill, maybe Christine...But it seems they are groomimg Sharon, Phylis, Chelsea, And Abby...Summer and Mariah, maybe even Hillary's twin and Lola...for longterm. I WISH the legacy characters would have more screen time...especially Lauern and Jill. I would also LOVE to see the Brook's girls come back, even if it's just short term, or Nina, even. They also need a LONG TERM Villan, who sways back and foth from evil to angelic...or maybe just evil...Like Shelia. They really missed the boat when they let Rey's wife (I forget her name) go, because she could have stuck her nose everywhere craeating havic in her wake...

by Anonymousreply 2310/26/2020

Thank you R23.....I totally agree.

by Anonymousreply 2410/26/2020

Pull that fucking WIG off Miss LeBlanc’s head!!! Jesus. He actually approved going on screen looking like that?????

by Anonymousreply 2510/26/2020

Michael has yellow hair! My fuckkng god - he looks older than Gloria!!!

by Anonymousreply 2610/26/2020

I stopped watching Y&R in 1993 yet somehow I am sure it is just later the same day in Genoa City. The actors were impeccably groomed and wore beautiful clothes. And how could you expect Nikki to do anything other than swan around her living room sighing and worrying? There is always so much going ON! Plus she has her looong name to remember....Nikki Reed Newman Abbot Newman Foster Newman ( not to be confused with Ashley Abbot Newman Abbot Newman ad nauseum).

by Anonymousreply 2710/26/2020

Normally I judge a soap based on how many guys have nice feet on the show and Y&R is just...empty. Rey, Michael, Kevin, Chance. Maybe Nate but he hasn't been barefoot yet.

by Anonymousreply 2810/27/2020

Victor has the nice feets.

by Anonymousreply 2910/27/2020

Budget cuts and a merry go round of writers have made Y&R just like all the others. For a long time it was considered a gold standard in daytime production values and consistent classic writing. Then Bell died, the power struggled happened, and now it has been coasting on past glories for about 20 years or so. Part of why Y&R worked for so long is because it was so old fashioned and was unashamed that it was soap.

by Anonymousreply 3010/27/2020

It seems you are going on a "fishing exposition". OP.

by Anonymousreply 3110/27/2020

I must give MTS her props, she can cry (if that's an emotion you will accept) when the scene calls for it. She's become more astute which is in contrast to the dumb bimbo she played in the past. There is humor between her and Sharon given the situation. I remember a couple years ago they were fighting in the horses stables, that was funny. Jill and Catherine's feuds were humorous. Drucilla and Phyllis' rivalry was humorous until they let VR go (I'm guessing because of that smug bitch MS). Kevin and Gloria used to bring the campiness but they're all boring now. Looking at old episodes of Soaps that still exist and those that have been cancelled, I'm just as stumped as you are, OP, that Y&R has lasted as long as it has. Easily GH, Search for Tomorrow, Capitol, Days, Another World, ATWT and GL, were better in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 3210/27/2020

Lily is humorless.

by Anonymousreply 3310/27/2020

Fuck YOU Nikki. Be gone!

by Anonymousreply 3410/28/2020

I'd rather watch 70's reruns of "The Doctors" than "The Old and the Useless".

by Anonymousreply 3510/28/2020

I loved Bold & the Beautiful. Stephanie rocked.

by Anonymousreply 3610/28/2020

Stephanie always seemed like an old bull dyke.

by Anonymousreply 3710/28/2020

"The Young and the Restless" had some good moments back in the early-mid 1980's, particularly wrapping up the Brooks and Foster families to bring in the Abbotts, Williams and Newmans. Having Jill marry John Abbott kept original matriarch Liz Foster (Brooks) around a lot longer than had she just faded away like they originally intended after Snapper left. She was gone for a short time (said to be visiting Snapper and Chris in England) but came back to be involved in Jill's issues, especially when Dina was first introduced and when Jill was being blackmailed with puzzle pieces that showed her having sex with Jack. Stuart Brooks however got the shaft, really having nothing to do outside of investigate the mob after Liz left him, basically fading away and said in brief passing to have died off-screen. Robert Colbert (Stuart) and Brett Hadley (Carl Williams) had similar looks which may have confused viewers, although they could have kept Leslie Brooks around to at least have one part of the original core family there.

The John/Jill/Dina storyline was great. I still prefer Deborah Adair as my favorite of the many Jill's, but Brenda Dickson (with or without the "D") was great when she first came back until she went overboard with the camp that came around as her hair got fluffier. Even back then I could tolerate "the mustache" and former stripper Nikki as she wasn't so uppity then. Katharine churning her nails together to scheme against Jill was a lot of fun, but my favorite villainess during this time was Eve Howard (Margaret Mason) who was really scary when she went psycho and on different occasions tried to kill both Victor and Nikki, and threatened Julia with a knife.

by Anonymousreply 3810/29/2020

Donny Boaz is fugly! Ick.

by Anonymousreply 3910/29/2020

Thank you R38.

by Anonymousreply 4010/29/2020

You're welcome, Leslie. You always succeeded in bringing me a little night music, even with your follies.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4110/29/2020

Well R41 - it is sad that you have been taken in by that imposter.....but your heart is in the right place.

by Anonymousreply 4210/29/2020

Whatever happen to Cricket, was it, Blair???

by Anonymousreply 4310/29/2020

Will this show die when that German fossil who plays Victor dies?

by Anonymousreply 4410/29/2020

Alan Sarapa the ugly fuck is having organisms in his momma’s basement over Donny Boaz, Chance Chancellor.

by Anonymousreply 4501/31/2021

I don’t watch any soaps now, but when I was a teenager I taped AMC and ATWT every day, and AW some days. When school was out and I wasn’t outside, I’d watch all the others just to see what was going on. I could never get into Y&R other than a random story or character now and then. It just never really interested me. I didn’t care for the “look” of it. I did like Eileen Davidson as Ashley; she was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 4601/31/2021

Brendad Ickson was THE draw to Y&R!

by Anonymousreply 4701/31/2021

Catering to Eric Braeden's massive ego really hurt the show in my opinion. It was like a non-stop Newman show every episode. If it wasn't Nikki, it was Victoria; if it wasn't Victoria, it was Nick. And Victor all the time. Victor would tell policemen, lawyers, hospital staff what to do. He would beat men half his age, who were in better shape and still win. Ridiculous. Nothing has changed. The worst was his rivalry with Jack, which was great for a while, but when it always resulted in Jack losing and Victor winning, it became ridiculous and played out.

As old-fashioned as Y&R was, it took its time to tell stories, so the payoff was amazing. Now the stories make no sense or they're dropped entirely. There's no consistency anymore.

It has coasted long enough.

by Anonymousreply 4801/31/2021

I want to see the lezzies!!!!! Now. The lezzies are the real draw to Yawn &Rested.

by Anonymousreply 4901/31/2021

I stopped watching last week when Mariah was chosen to be Abby's surrogate and Dull-Von and his tribe starting taking over hours and hours of story time.....

I switched to I LOVE LUCY on the Decades Channel. I thought it would take me longer to miss it. I get all I need to know about it from the threads here.

by Anonymousreply 5001/31/2021

The show is about the fashion industry. Have they ever had an openly gay character? We know about the closet case actors.

by Anonymousreply 5101/31/2021

Philip (Thom Bierdz) came back from the dead and out of the closet. It was an awful rewrite of history that made no sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5201/31/2021

Yes, MTS usually plays every scene with that same snobby “I shit ice cream” smugness, though she was actually was very compelling in a storyline years ago where a maid that Victor hired was trying to gaslight sober Nikki by spiking into her morning OJ with vodka, where she eventually thought she was losing her mind. She actually played the scenes with an uncharacteristic vulnerability that one doesn’t usually associate with Nikki.

I don’t really remember Kay’s nails, as much as her bellowing voice, usually whenever Jill entered the room. She always reminded me of a geriatric Martha in “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?”

by Anonymousreply 5301/31/2021

I watched the show on and off for many years. Getting rid of Ed Scott (Melanie’s husband) and Kay Alden was the beginning of the show’s downfall. That was in 2001. It’s been crappy that long. Alden is still involved occasionally, but nothing like before.

The loss of Jeanne Cooper really hurt as well.

by Anonymousreply 5401/31/2021

Mark Grossman looks way too young and callow to be interacting with characters played by actors he's cleared a decade and a half younger than, like Sharon Case and Michelle Stafford. He looks a lot younger than Melissa Claire Egan too. Aside from that, he's just unappealing and completely unable to inject any humanity into Adam Newman.

by Anonymousreply 5501/31/2021

Dumb Dylan from the SON whacks his meat while watching Mark Grosdman. Ewwwwww! SON has weirdos over there.

by Anonymousreply 5601/31/2021

[quote]Aside from that, he's just unappealing and completely unable to inject any humanity into Adam Newman.

The place where humanity might be injected is the writing, not the acting. Mark Grossman is the only appealing actor on this shitshow IMO. He's the only reason I watch it, though I hate the stroke storyline. I fast forward through anything with Summer and Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 5701/31/2021

Twitter moron Alan Sarapa’ j/o material Donny Boaz got the ax. Boaz claims that they had to let actors go because of covid testing costs. Y&R is in budget trouble cuz ratings are way way down from a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 5801/31/2021

The show is going to make a HUGE comeback with the sizzling romance between Jack and Sally that everyone is clamoring for!!!

by Anonymousreply 5901/31/2021

Y&R hasn’t been worth watching since they wrote Gloria out.

by Anonymousreply 6001/31/2021

Gaston is better looking than Boaz, but Gaston is a terrible actor. No energy to him. They won’t bring him back. He was cringeworthy. Nice looking but can’t act.

by Anonymousreply 6101/31/2021

R22, R23 = Sad, sad trolls wasting their lives watching trash.

by Anonymousreply 6202/01/2021

Fuck you Gaston. You’re not hired!

by Anonymousreply 6302/01/2021

R52, it was the worst.

The women were great. Bierdz was still difficult to understand. There's something nasally about his voice.

by Anonymousreply 6402/01/2021

Bierdz never won an Emmy????

by Anonymousreply 6502/01/2021

Surprised this item made Deadline, of all places.

Wondering why his departure is so abrupt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6602/01/2021

The first 5 years were great. It jumped the shark when Stuart Brooks married Jill Foster. He was the moral compass and now he was trashed.

Jeanne Cooper was the hammiest actress since Grayson Hall.

by Anonymousreply 6702/01/2021

I've tried several times over the last few years to watch and it always seems sooo deadly dull.

And not slow in that slow burn way many stories were in the 80s and 90s. Just, deadly dull. Things weren't really happening, people were just talking about nothing. Or weirdly saying what another character was thinking or doing.

by Anonymousreply 6802/01/2021

Apparently Boaz has a long history of deplorable/racist behavior online and it may have seeped into the studio.

by Anonymousreply 6902/01/2021

Any receipts, r69?

He doesn't look anything like either Philip Chancellor, but he was certainly passable as Nina's son. And I liked him with Abby.

by Anonymousreply 7002/01/2021

R70.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7102/01/2021

Thanks, r71. MAGAT or not, I still liked him as Chance. And I'm at least as liberal as The Great Eric Braeden.

by Anonymousreply 7202/01/2021

It seems like Nikki used to cry in every scene back when I watched. She has always been insufferable, even when she was a stripper.

There used to be a lot of funny (campy) scenes back in the 80s when it was must see TV for haus fraus. Pretty much every scene Brendad Ickson was in was comedy gold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7302/01/2021

No great loss. Never really cared for him in the role. Donny Boaz never really clicked in the role. Never felt like the right actor for the role. .

However, he did seem to be putting more effort into the part since coming back from covid quarantine and I was consequently liking him a little more. A little

by Anonymousreply 7402/01/2021

No one cared about Donny. I, Scoche Marin, play the grande dame of the Chancellor family, Katherine Shepherd Reynolds Chancellor Thurston Sterling Murphy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7502/01/2021

Alan Sarapa, the HOTTIE who considers himself an influencer, jerked off looking at Donnie. Eww ewwwww ewwwww

by Anonymousreply 7602/01/2021

Vee, who is in the biz, made the call about Donny.

by Anonymousreply 7702/01/2021

Vee fired Donny Boaz. There isn’t anything that Vee isn’t an expert on. Vee knows EVERYTHING!!! He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 7802/01/2021

r52, he found out he was gay, so he left and faked his death, instead of...oh, I don't know...asking for a divorce? maybe?

soap opera writing...you gotta love it.

by Anonymousreply 7902/01/2021

Chance Chancellor. Typical CORNY soap lame. Just laughable...

by Anonymousreply 8002/01/2021

Who is Vee?

How do you think they will write Chance off? He's in the middle of a surrogacy story.

by Anonymousreply 8102/01/2021

Dumb Dylan thinks he is on the pulse of hot Y&R gossip ha ha ha ha. What a dummy.

by Anonymousreply 8202/01/2021

the stupid soap twitter queens think they are experts on y&r history and the soap form. lolollol they were like 7 when JFP took over

by Anonymousreply 8302/01/2021

Alan Sarapa from twitter is an ugly homo who lives in his momma’s basement and thinks that his “job” is a soap opera influencer. lolololol What a fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 8402/01/2021

[quote]How do you think they will write Chance off?

With a clumsy re-write / re-edit that allows for an undefined absence. They didn't really need the sperm part.

by Anonymousreply 8502/02/2021

When did Y&R become so fucking boring? Jesus. Its sleep inducing!

by Anonymousreply 8602/03/2021

I have a Y&R question: why does Dumb Dylan (aka The Idiot) make up rumors about Y&R, believe everything he sees on Twitter, and then post it to SON? Why doesnt Dummy Dylan just ask Vee, who is in the biz?

by Anonymousreply 8702/03/2021

My asshole is restless

by Anonymousreply 8802/03/2021

Oh, how, I, Scoche Marin, used to enjoy drinking my way through town with my dear Jeanne back in the 1970s and 1980s! She always wanted me to play Katherine Chancellor. I have taken her up on her wish and am the most successful recast in soap opera history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8902/03/2021

Dumbass Dylan posted on SON that Lucci is going to be on the AMC reboot, but it turns out she is going to some other series. What a dumb Fuck Dylan is. So fucking stupid. At least the moron Vee is in the biz and knows everything.

by Anonymousreply 9002/03/2021

Did anything happened this week?

by Anonymousreply 9102/04/2021

I don't see the Boaz being ugly thing you bitches seem to be repeating. Only thing i can think of is that he might be republican in real life? I think he's not beautiful but he is attractive, to me.

by Anonymousreply 9202/04/2021

R86 I think the show is not creative anymore. It is repeating storylines with the same characters/ families it has had since the 80s. After a decade Bill Bell changed focus from Brooks family to other families. I think Y&R shouldve done or committed to doing this with other families it had brought on. They focused too much on Niktor, Villy and Shick/Phic or Phack. The same way Bell's talentless son continues repeating that Steffy/Liam/Hope triangle crap

by Anonymousreply 9302/04/2021

Boaz is a much better actor than the wooden Justin Gaston.

by Anonymousreply 9402/04/2021

Billy and Lily? Give me a break.

Mariah having a baby for Abby? Give me a break.

Dull Von and Amanda/Hillary/Amanda/Hillary.....give me a break.

Never mind. I'll take the break myself.

by Anonymousreply 9502/04/2021

r90, Lucci is going to another series?!? That bitch has to be 85 years old by now!!! Hasn't she retired yet?

And she'll still try to "act" like she's 40...WTFever.

by Anonymousreply 9602/04/2021

Braeden has no storyline. That must piss him off.

by Anonymousreply 9702/05/2021

R96 - She is 74 years old and born on December 23, 1946.

by Anonymousreply 9802/05/2021

When will something happen on Y&R? It’s sooooooo booooorrrrriiiiiinnnnnnggggg?

by Anonymousreply 9902/05/2021

Are the lezzys on this week?

by Anonymousreply 10002/07/2021

Still better to watch than that shitshow Bold and the Beautiful. They've been focusing on Liam going back and forth between Steffy and Hope for the last several years. Liam is such a pussy. It's going to be bizarre when Bill Spencer, Jr. crosses over to Y&R tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 10102/07/2021

Stupid idea to have ‘Brad’ cross over to Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 10202/07/2021

Why aren’t my stories on this week????

by Anonymousreply 10302/10/2021

I do like Finn on BB. For once, a nice guy and easy on the eyes. Ridge looks so old. YR is so very boring. Jack and Sally? Yikes. Can Jack even get it up at this point? Chelsea in a wheel chair. Best acting she’s ever done. Sit there, blink and look like a green bean. YR has no story. Just dumb dialogue leading to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 10402/10/2021

Dumb Dylan thinks Y&R is great.

by Anonymousreply 10502/10/2021

I gave up on Y&R last week. Getting rid of Donny Boaz, whose Chance turned Abby into a character I could stand, was pure stupidity, and was just my last straw (Chelsea's stroke was my penultimate straw).

by Anonymousreply 10602/10/2021

Boaz was MAGA

by Anonymousreply 10702/10/2021

I know that, r107. And Justin Gaston was some sort of antigay Xtian. Boaz humanized Abby in a way no one had before, and which Gaston was unable to replicate. Je ne give a fuck pas about his politics when he worked so well in the role. He *was* Chance.

by Anonymousreply 10802/10/2021

Sharon Case is maga.

by Anonymousreply 10902/10/2021

Sharon Case turned 50 this week.

by Anonymousreply 11002/10/2021

Again?

by Anonymousreply 11102/10/2021

Why does Grossman want a 50 year old dried up cunt? Hmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 11202/10/2021

It never deserved the ratings it got and it unwatchable now. BB is another soap that has always been atrocious. Worst acting.

by Anonymousreply 11302/10/2021

Remember when Nellie Branco was drunk at some Emmy party and he claimed that Douggie D punched him and everyone stood by and laughed? Of course, Nellie never pressed charges. Even Miss Chrissy was standing around laughing at the drunk Nelly Bottom.

by Anonymousreply 11402/15/2021

What did Nellie expect? He told Doug that Muhney should have won instead

by Anonymousreply 11502/15/2021

Muhney over Doug? Never ever ever. I’d have laughed at drunk Nellie too!

by Anonymousreply 11602/15/2021

Hello my lovelies. Scoche Marin here, your favorite Katherine Chancellor. I just taped highly charged scenes when Kay finally smiles after her postpartum depression after giving birth to Nicholas Newman’s son. This will be on my Daytime Emmy reel for Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11702/15/2021

Doug punched me and you all laughed! I’ll press charges! Not. Lolololol

by Anonymousreply 11802/15/2021

Hey Scoche - did you get give blowjobs to Sexy Rexy Quinn Redeker?

by Anonymousreply 11902/16/2021

Your predecessor Jeanne used to take her choppers out and give gumjobs to Sexy Rexy Quinn.

by Anonymousreply 12002/16/2021

Just saw Max Schippee (Hot Daddy Graham) for a split second in some drug commercial with the fat guy from Mike and Molly. Still looking hot!

by Anonymousreply 12102/17/2021

Dear Nellie Branco: Shut the fuck up!

by Anonymousreply 12202/17/2021

This show needs to be put out of its misery. It's unwatchable. So dull and unsexy.

by Anonymousreply 12302/17/2021

Dumb Dylan loves Y&R!!!

by Anonymousreply 12402/17/2021

Dear Nellie Branco: fuck off! Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 12502/20/2021

Sally Spectra is a waste of space.

by Anonymousreply 12602/22/2021

Everyone was raving about the actress (I was unfamiliar with her from B&B) only to have her arrive and do nothing but mug for the camera. That 'showdown' between her and Summer last week was like the Battle of the Mallards.

by Anonymousreply 12702/22/2021

It was Vee’s idea to bring Sally Spectra to Y&R. He’s in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 12802/23/2021

Dumbo Dylan thinks that Sally is the best thing to hit GC since Mark Grossman.

by Anonymousreply 12902/23/2021

Dummy Dylan thinks this Y&R is peAk TV. What an idiot

by Anonymousreply 13002/23/2021

Hello my loves! I, Scoche Marin, as the definitive Katherine Chancellor, have finally kicked Jess Walton’s Jill Foster Abbott out of my beautiful house and grounds. You will relish these scenes when they air!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13102/23/2021

Wow Scoche! Jeanne who?

by Anonymousreply 13202/23/2021

Ms. Marin, when will these scenes air on Y&R? And is it true that Brendad is replacing Jess?

by Anonymousreply 13302/23/2021

Unfortunately, Brendad is in a 90 day involuntary lockup ever since President Biden was sworn in and absolutely no proof of a “stolded” election was proven. She had a complete mental breakdown.

by Anonymousreply 13402/24/2021

I miss the Brendan Ickson update thread. Psycho was never so entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 13502/24/2021

r121

he was hot... I miss him

by Anonymousreply 13602/24/2021

Why is it still on TV?!

by Anonymousreply 13702/24/2021

Dumb Dylan has been named Executive Producer of Pine Valley and soon to be announced Llanview!!!! Congrats, Dumb Dylan! You are as smart as Vee, who is in the biz. Your integglgence, dum Dylan has pade off!! Smartiest man!

by Anonymousreply 13802/24/2021

The liberty biberty guy on B&B is the best actor of the year!! lololololol

by Anonymousreply 13902/24/2021

dumb dylan is going to. poach mark grossman for the Pine Valley pilot and pair him with MCE’s Annie because ~ChAdAm luv ~

by Anonymousreply 14002/24/2021

EVERYONE listens to Vee. He’s in the biz. He’s rebooting OLTL next.

by Anonymousreply 14102/24/2021

dummy dylan wants to bring over Mal Young and Josh Griffith to produce and write Pine Valley

by Anonymousreply 14202/24/2021

Llanview. Dylan: Executive Producer. Oh wait, Vee is EP. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 14302/24/2021

Memo to Dumb Dylan: Stop being so fucking stupid!!

by Anonymousreply 14402/25/2021

I could not be more thrilled to begin another week of Emmy worthy performances as Katherine Chancellor on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, television’s number one daytime drama. Love, Scoche Marin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145Last Monday at 12:36 AM

Dylan has the gossip!

by Anonymousreply 146Last Monday at 6:32 AM

Dumb fuck Dylan is so fucking stupid! Vee has his number. Vee is in the biz, you know.

by Anonymousreply 147Last Monday at 8:20 AM

Dylan can’t spell and Vee, who is in the biz, hates him and himself!

by Anonymousreply 148Last Monday at 8:30 AM

Vee is very busy handling the GH nightmare. Vee is in the biz you know.

by Anonymousreply 149Last Monday at 9:25 AM

Vee gets me hard.........down there. He’s in the biz, u know.

by Anonymousreply 150Last Monday at 12:37 PM

I am in the biz

by Anonymousreply 151Last Monday at 2:37 PM

Richard Burgi has been cast on y&r and dumb Dylan does not know who he is. JFC. When will Vee, who is in the biz, finally get him banned from SON?

by Anonymousreply 152Last Monday at 2:53 PM

I watched the today again after several months and Lauren could hardly open her mouth she's had so much work done. Sharon Case looks older and she too has had a lot of work done. Michelle Stafford is a crazy bitch but she still looks good but she also looks like she has been tweaked.

by Anonymousreply 153Last Monday at 3:08 PM

Grossman is still eating out Cases’s snatch. Yum yum yum!

by Anonymousreply 154Last Tuesday at 12:12 AM

Jesus Christ! Dumb Dylan is so fucking stupid! Get him off the SON boards. He’s too stupid. What a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 155Last Tuesday at 2:34 AM

Hello my dear lovelies! I am having a glorious time playing the new, but definitive Katherine Chancellor on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, television’s number one daytime drama. I, Scoche Marin, will be sweeping the Daytime Emmys for this wonderful Bell creation. Cheers for now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156Yesterday at 1:53 PM

You’re too good to us, Schoche Marin (NuKay), by continuing to grace us by your presence! 👑

by Anonymousreply 157Yesterday at 2:18 PM

Scoche Marin is a dear, lovely gem of a woman. Thank you for keeping us updated, despite your busy schedule. Hugs and kisses!

by Anonymousreply 158Yesterday at 2:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!