Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Claudia Schiffer's eldest daughter...

...looks nothing like her. Wow. What happened?

I guess modelling is out of the question? Maybe she could become a character actress or something?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254August 31, 2020 11:07 PM

It's hard to say what she'll look like when she's older; also, why do you assume she wants to go into modeling or acting?

by Anonymousreply 1August 29, 2020 1:19 AM

Poor kid.

by Anonymousreply 2August 29, 2020 1:19 AM

cheetos?

by Anonymousreply 3August 29, 2020 1:22 AM

High cheek bones and symmetrical features. Once the baby fat goes and she grows, she is going to be gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 4August 29, 2020 1:23 AM

R4- That is exactly what I thought- She has a BEAUTIFUL face. Leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 5August 29, 2020 1:25 AM

[quote]It's hard to say what she'll look like when she's older;

She IS older. She'll turn 16 in a couple of months. Not much height left to get.

by Anonymousreply 6August 29, 2020 1:25 AM

Could she resemble Kirsten Dunst a bit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 29, 2020 1:26 AM

She has a face like a foot. Do you people have cataracts?

by Anonymousreply 8August 29, 2020 1:27 AM

[quote]She IS older. She'll turn 16 in a couple of months. Not much height left to get.

What world do you live in when you expect people to peak at fifteen?

by Anonymousreply 9August 29, 2020 1:28 AM

She's breathtaking.

by Anonymousreply 10August 29, 2020 1:28 AM

She's STUNNED!

by Anonymousreply 11August 29, 2020 1:32 AM

R8, you're the one who has cataracts. She looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 12August 29, 2020 1:34 AM

[quote] She IS older. She'll turn 16 in a couple of months. Not much height left to get.

Fine, maybe she's not going to be tall. So what? There are other things to do with your life besides modeling.

[quote] What world do you live in when you expect people to peak at fifteen?

Seriously. And in which you're obsessed enough with a model's teenaged kid that you know her exact age?

by Anonymousreply 13August 29, 2020 1:34 AM

Not the children!

by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2020 1:35 AM

She’s in the awkward early tween phase. I’m sure she grow up to be gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2020 1:36 AM

I wonder what she's thinking when she's googling pictures of her mother and sees what a truly gorgeous model she was.

Life is just so goddamn unfair, right?

by Anonymousreply 16August 29, 2020 1:38 AM

The right combination of genes to make a supermodel doesn't often happen. Look at Cindy Crawford's sisters: All of them attractive, but none of them stunners like Cindy. Even Cindy's own daughter, while a pretty girl, isn't as good-looking as Cindy and wouldn't be much more than a second-tier runway model if it weren't for nepotism--Kaia's print ads are consistently lifeless.

The same thing with Christie Brinkley's daughters: All the plastic surgery in the world didn't make Alexa much more than cute, and Sailor is pretty but generic, as she lacks her mother's striking bone structure.

Claudia's daughter is dowdy but might grow up to be a pretty woman. No, she won't be a supermodel, and that's not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 17August 29, 2020 1:45 AM

if she got a tall growth spurt. you really never know.

by Anonymousreply 18August 29, 2020 1:48 AM

If you've ever seen Claudia without makeup....she looks like her daughter

by Anonymousreply 19August 29, 2020 1:51 AM

[quote]Seriously. And in which you're obsessed enough with a model's teenaged kid that you know her exact age?

Someone mentioned it in the post above - you fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 20August 29, 2020 1:53 AM

[quote] Someone mentioned it in the post above - you fucking idiot.

That was the person I was referring to, hothead. I agree with your sentiment that it's bizarre to expect someone to peak at 15, and I'm aware you got the info that the kid is 15 from the weirdo who apparently knows when her birthday is.

by Anonymousreply 21August 29, 2020 1:59 AM

OMG. Her date of birth is found on Claudia Schiffer's wikipedia page.

by Anonymousreply 22August 29, 2020 2:05 AM

[quote]That was the person I was referring to, hothead.

Yet you posted your snarky remark under my quote.

by Anonymousreply 23August 29, 2020 2:09 AM

[quote] Yet you posted your snarky remark under my quote.

Because I was agreeing with you that it's stupid to think the kid's peaked at 15. Guess I should have been clearer about the age reference.

R22, I'm sure it's not hard to look up the kid's age, just a weird thing for an adult to do.

by Anonymousreply 24August 29, 2020 2:14 AM

You guys are horrible. Do you expect all 16-year old girls to look like a Kardashian-Jenner whore? I appreciate that Claudia hasn’t foisted her implanted, surgically-enhanced prostitot on us. Maybe this girl likes to read books and is on the swim team and plays Minecraft and she’s just a wholesome plain girl with a wicked wit.

by Anonymousreply 25August 29, 2020 2:15 AM

^^ and in a few years with a little hair and makeup help, she’ll be a knockout.

If she feels like it.

by Anonymousreply 26August 29, 2020 2:16 AM

Meh - Claudia Schiffer never did anything for me as a model. She looked like Brigitte Bardot in the Guess Ads and then explicably took off - but she always had way toothy of a smile and strange features.

Her daughter may see her mom obsess over her weight, hair, clothes and be like - fuck that shit.

I'm tired of modeling nepotism too. I would really like to see what evidence there is that these 'influencers' have on any high fashion sales. Yes, it's free publicity but it doesn't mean shit if your followers are 14 year old girls sharing a bedroom with their sister in No-neck, Virginia.

I want REAL models again - breathlessly beautiful. Where did they go? They have to still exist. I'm tired of the current Russian / Eastern European batches.

by Anonymousreply 27August 29, 2020 2:21 AM

[quote]You guys are horrible. Do you expect all 16-year old girls to look like a Kardashian-Jenner whore?

On DL people comment on the hair and looks of a five-year-old gurl (Princess Charlotte)...as though how she looks now age five is set in stone. I kid you not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 29, 2020 2:21 AM

Exactly. She looks like a normal girl. Not ugly, not beautiful, just normal. And the fact that a bunch of elderly gay men care is fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 29August 29, 2020 2:22 AM

[quote]Maybe this girl likes to read books and is on the swim team and plays Minecraft and she’s just a wholesome plain girl with a wicked wit.

Or she wants to become an actress. She could become a character actress.

by Anonymousreply 30August 29, 2020 2:22 AM

Well, that is weird and gross, too, r28.

by Anonymousreply 31August 29, 2020 2:22 AM

Her name is Clementine Poppy, btw.

by Anonymousreply 32August 29, 2020 2:24 AM

Kate Moss's daughter is another example of a supermodel offspring who is pretty but lacking that special something her mother has. In Lila's case, it's bone structure. She has her mother's features precisely but not Kate's high cheekbones, and it makes all the difference. It's not baby fat--Kate Moss as a teenager had cheekbones for days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 29, 2020 2:34 AM

Kate Moss as a teenager: Same features, better bones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 29, 2020 2:35 AM

This is Claudia's sister - nice body, perfectly pleasing face, but just NOT Claudia.

I would hate if I had a sibling who was so much better looking than me. Luckily, I'm the best looking one - but it's not exactly hard to do in my family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 29, 2020 2:38 AM

[quote]Kate Moss's daughter is another example of a supermodel offspring who is pretty but lacking that special something her mother has. In Lila's case, it's bone structure.

Because she has puppy fat.

This thread is annoying me.

by Anonymousreply 36August 29, 2020 2:39 AM

Lila is 18, the same age Kate was when she did the Calvin Klein adds. Lila is a model who is actually quite thin. If she had her mother's cheekbones we'd be able to see them, just as we saw Kate's in the early 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 29, 2020 2:41 AM

*Calvin Klein ads

by Anonymousreply 38August 29, 2020 2:41 AM

Lila is a very pretty girl--beautiful by ordinary person standards. But she's not Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 29, 2020 2:43 AM

Well, Kate Moss has been underweight her whole life - who knows if it's natural or not.

The cheekbones is one thing - but Kate also has a bit more of an angular nose. It's hard to say with all the makeup now.

It's more about being photogenic. Some people's faces just love the camera - but in real life, they can often look a bit odd.

by Anonymousreply 40August 29, 2020 2:43 AM

She's shorter than her mom (who was considered short by modeling standards)

by Anonymousreply 41August 29, 2020 2:45 AM

Kate as a teenager: Lila doesn't have Kate's slanted, wide-set eyes. In person, I bet Kate looks odd, but the camera loves her weird, wall-eyed face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 29, 2020 2:49 AM

She isn’t ugly. She is just a kid. They cake so much makeup on those women nobody even knows what they look like. If Sofia Richie can have a career this girl certainly can.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 29, 2020 2:49 AM

Lila has a lot more animation in her face than Kate does, and her looks are more fresh-faced girl next door than supermodel. She'd do well to try acting, where her kind of look is always in fashion.

by Anonymousreply 44August 29, 2020 2:50 AM

Its that hideous outfit shes wearing. If she dressed better,and did something with that limp hair,she'd look worlds better. One of my best friends in my young adult years was a girl who was rather plain faced,but she had a cute body and loads of style. That girl could wrap a tablecloth around her waist and sew 2 place mats as a top,and look fabulous. She was far more successful with the men than some of our better looking friends. Style can overcome a lot of flaws.

by Anonymousreply 45August 29, 2020 2:50 AM

Kate Moss always had that bone structure, just as Cindy did. Here's Kate as a little girl. No makeup, no starving herself for her career, and she still has the bones of a supermodel.

I saw a picture of Cindy with her sisters when they were all kids. The sisters were cute, but the camera saw only Cindy. She had that certain something just like Kate did.

They can plaster all the makeup they want on these celebrity offspring, and they'll work because of their famous names. But it's not the same, and all you have to do is look at the pictures to see that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 29, 2020 2:54 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 29, 2020 2:56 AM

That's not a fluke, either. Man, it must have sucked to be sitting there with Cindy through all those family portraits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 29, 2020 2:57 AM

Cindy with her sisters as adults. Same gene pool, but everything only gelled right with Cindy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 29, 2020 2:59 AM

R49 - her sisters are both attractive - I remember seeing younger pics of the sisters in their 20's and the sitting one was quite beautiful.

Don't underestimate how much expensive products, exercise, diet and other things the average person doesn't normally do can affect how you look.

But, still, yes - they don't have the 'lottery' gene mix as their sister.

by Anonymousreply 50August 29, 2020 3:29 AM

I think the sister in the beige sweater is gorgeous. Looks very sweet, very personable.

by Anonymousreply 51August 29, 2020 3:51 AM

This is a TRAGEDY. Schiffer's daughter has been ROBBED of her genetic entitlement.

Is she a good student, perhaps, in the natural sciences? She has "smart lady scientist" potential. At the very least, she should consider library school. Or the convent.

Poor, poor plain thing.

by Anonymousreply 52August 29, 2020 4:14 AM

PS: the little one is bringing the glamour in OP's pic. I see possibilities.

Perhaps the plain fat one can become the little one's personal assistant or something.

by Anonymousreply 53August 29, 2020 4:16 AM

I think even in the pics with her sister Cindy Crawford looks like a tranny. What makes a great model does not necessarily make someone pretty.

by Anonymousreply 54August 29, 2020 4:44 AM

Did someone say thunder thighs?

by Anonymousreply 55August 29, 2020 7:30 AM

The daughter would be pretty if she wasn’t overweight like most British girls. Claudia herself looks like a horsier version of Chelsea Handler by now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 29, 2020 10:50 AM

Overrated tranny horse faced supermodel

by Anonymousreply 57August 29, 2020 10:53 AM

I am really curious what Claudia and Heidi think of each other. Both are models - Klum is more of a TV personality though - but they couldn't be more different. Lagerfeld didn't like Klum a lot.

by Anonymousreply 58August 29, 2020 10:56 AM

[quote]Lagerfeld didn't like Klum a lot.

Didn't he call her a German sausage?

by Anonymousreply 59August 29, 2020 11:02 AM

Karen Mulder with her sister Saskia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60August 29, 2020 11:05 AM

R60, they look like twins. Was Saskia a Model?

by Anonymousreply 61August 29, 2020 11:08 AM

She's still far better looking than Johnny Depp's "model" child.

by Anonymousreply 62August 29, 2020 11:10 AM

Cindy’s sister is more beautiful than her (the one in the middle). These days Cindy looks like Caitlin Jenner.

Kate Moss was never beautiful or striking to me. She always looked like a malnourished rat.

Claudia was gorgeous when she was young, but her features have not aged well.

by Anonymousreply 63August 29, 2020 11:11 AM

[quote]The same thing with Christie Brinkley's daughters: All the plastic surgery in the world didn't make Alexa much more than cute,

Alexa Ray Joel looks like a stepdaughter. It’s hard to believe Christie Brinkley gave birth to her.

by Anonymousreply 64August 29, 2020 11:23 AM

[quote]Was Saskia a Model?

She is (was?) an actress and writer. She had a role in Neil Marshall's horror movie The Descent

by Anonymousreply 65August 29, 2020 11:25 AM

The little one has great style.

by Anonymousreply 66August 29, 2020 11:30 AM

I have always wondered if Claudia had a nose job, but she was very young when she started, and I doubt it.

Her features were striking when she was younger, the tiny nose, big forehead, big lips, and yet the lose features are the same ones that don’t look good on aging women. The tiny plastic noses and the inflated lips, I mean.

by Anonymousreply 67August 29, 2020 11:35 AM

They are trying so hard to make Lila Moss happen but she does not have IT. She booked the Marc Jacobs beauty campaign (because Marc and Kate are best friends) and was on the cover of Dazed magazine (because her father Jefferson Hack owns it). This is nepotism taken to a whole other level.

At least Kaia looks like a model but this girl is just ok looking. Nothing special but has all the right connections in the fashion world. What a joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 29, 2020 11:47 AM

Don't worry, Clementine. I was fugly as a child too, but I grew into a beautiful swan as Mother Nature intended.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 29, 2020 11:51 AM

R68 Ha, that bitch is downright ugly. Even in that photo she demonstrates that she has no discernible talent. It's like they took the first woman from the tube and dragged her to a photoshoot.

by Anonymousreply 70August 29, 2020 11:52 AM

Or I was thinking maybe a smurf

by Anonymousreply 71August 29, 2020 11:54 AM

Stop criticising children, OP. Stop it NOW.

by Anonymousreply 72August 29, 2020 12:05 PM

[quote]At least Kaia looks like a model

OKay. Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 73August 29, 2020 12:34 PM

Age-progressed photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 29, 2020 1:02 PM

Kaia looks like a run-of-the-mill runway model, the type who would do okay for a few seasons until age and anorexia finished her career. Without Cindy's name, she'd be working hard to just be one of the girls in the show. She certainly wouldn't be booking major campaigns or wearing the wedding dress at the end while holding the hand of the designer.

by Anonymousreply 75August 29, 2020 1:19 PM

I agree that Lila doesn't look like a model--too short, too pudding-faced. Cute, but nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 76August 29, 2020 1:19 PM

I think criticizing the children of actors/models who have become actors/models themselves is kosher: Kaia Gerber, Lila Moss, Lily-Rose Depp put themselves out there, so criticism is fair and inevitable. Criticizing the children of actors/models who aren't in the business and just trying to live their lives seems rather mean, but I suppose it's inevitable too.

Question: Is it fair to criticize the ones who aren't in the game but put themselves all over social media? I suppose that's a kind of modeling.

by Anonymousreply 77August 29, 2020 1:22 PM

Lily-Rose Depp shouldn't be modeling. Her face is amazing, but she's only 5'3 and seems to be balding. Both of her parents have lots of hair, so I'm not sure why that is. Eating disorder?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78August 29, 2020 1:23 PM

[quote]Question: Is it fair to criticize the ones who aren't in the game but put themselves all over social media? I suppose that's a kind of modeling.

What about ones like Rumer Willis and Alexa Ray Joel who tried to have flop music careers?

by Anonymousreply 79August 29, 2020 1:34 PM

Kudos to Claudia for not being such a superficial bitch her kids develop eating disorders (like Cindy and Christie Brinkley). She's German and those frau genes are strong. The girl is pretty enough...

by Anonymousreply 80August 29, 2020 1:51 PM

Claudia was always meh as a model. Horse teeth and dim eyes. Horrible runway. Never on the level of Naomi, Cindy or Linda.

by Anonymousreply 81August 29, 2020 2:20 PM

For whatever reason, Claudia was a favorite of Anna Wintour, Karl Lagerfeld, and Gianni Versace. That was enough to remain a presence on magazine covers and land lucrative contracts, even though her runway walk was shit and there were better blondes on the scene (Karen Mulder, Elaine Irwin, Nikki Taylor).

by Anonymousreply 82August 29, 2020 2:45 PM

So mean.

I am going to now invoke the RAGE of DLers and point out some hypocrisy. Over the past several years a few times people have mentioned Barron Trump, ranging from general observations that he is tall or less inbred looking than his siblings to speculating that he has autism. And the majority opinion here every time is that he must be off limits because he is a kid and has not yet proven himself to be evil like the rest of the Trumps and it’s unfair and unkind to talk about a child.

Why is this standard applied to the child of the man who is destroying the United States but not to the daughter of a retired model?

Call me a frau or a Karen (actually I’m a middle aged gay guy) but it rubs me the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 83August 29, 2020 2:54 PM

I saw Claudia one day in Madison Square Park back in about 1991. She wasn’t made up and she was just gorgeous. She turned heads.

by Anonymousreply 84August 29, 2020 3:35 PM

R82, “for whatever reason”? Claudia is not my favorite model (Porizkova is), but she was undeniably beautiful.

Her body was feminine with the right curves and her face was perfect. She walked like a duck, but she was stunning. Very clean beauty. And everybody said that she had a great work attitude, so what’s not to like?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 29, 2020 3:39 PM

She is undeniably pretty. I always thought she and Christie Brinkley were gorgeous, but in a completely uninteresting Barbie type of way and I never quite ‘got them’ as supermodels. Most of the others of their era were distinctive looking and both Claudia and Christie look to me like they were manufactured by Mattel.

by Anonymousreply 86August 29, 2020 3:43 PM

r73, Kaia does have the model look that fashionistas love: tall and very, very thin. I never wrote that she is a good model, definitely not on the same level like Cindy.

by Anonymousreply 87August 29, 2020 4:29 PM

R70 it takes absolutely NO talent to become a model, you simply have to be born with the right physical features. And put yourself out there of course

by Anonymousreply 88August 29, 2020 4:32 PM

R87, that’s how they all look these days. Tall and BMI of 14. That’s not beautiful to me.

I prefer the girls of the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 89August 29, 2020 5:43 PM

[quote]it takes absolutely NO talent to become a model, you simply have to be born with the right physical features. And put yourself out there of course

That's the case these days, but for many decades fashion models had to have some talent (let's call it a skill set) to be a successful model. You had to know your best angles. You had to show life in your eyes. You had to project confidence or intensity or sensuality, even if you had little of it in reality. Now the bar is set so low.

Have you never watched America's Next Top Model? Some of the contestants were pretty girls (tall, good skin, great bone structure) with zero ability to look good in photos and film. The camera catches everything, and the ones with no skill set looked awkward, nervous, and unsure. Many times, the best competitors had natural ability. They didn't need to be taught everything.

That's why many of today's "supermodels" suck balls n comparison to the 1990s supermodels. It's now nepotism without the skill set, promotion to the top based on name recognition. We get Kendall Jenner's dead eyes in photos. We get runway models walking like angry teen boys. They're skinnier than ever and have little personality. And the designers are to blame for all this because they killed the supermodel phenomenon and don't want it to return.

by Anonymousreply 90August 29, 2020 6:06 PM

The Guess (jeans) adverts were what pushed Claudia Schiffer to the next level. She was a Bardot lookalike, skinny but with big boobs, tousled blonde hair, Lolita-esque, blah blah blah.

Boobs don't look so big in this photo, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 29, 2020 6:47 PM

I reccomend girl make the career of architect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 29, 2020 6:49 PM

IMO, Kate Moss's eyes being really far apart is what set her apart. At first, I didn't understand how she was so popular as a model. Looking back, I can appreciate her face.

Also, if you look at candid / street-type photos of Moss, she has a sense of style. She understands fashion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 29, 2020 6:52 PM

Here's Claudia celebrating her 50th bday this year.

I'd say she looks great, but 1) what Crayola filter is she using here? and 2) she really needs to stop the bright yellow hair. It's a look that screams "Real Housewife In Gated Community." Not pretty, not flattering, not classy.

(Don't get me started on the porn macrame blouse. She really is one of the tackier supermodels, isn't she?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94August 29, 2020 6:54 PM

At times, Schiffer is indistinguishable from Chelsea Handler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 29, 2020 6:56 PM

Man-face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 29, 2020 6:58 PM

She’s literally as old as some of the Golden Girls. Are you guys really comparing her to a version of herself half a lifetime ago?

by Anonymousreply 97August 29, 2020 7:02 PM

Schiffer's husband is Matthew Vaughn, film producer. He was rumored to be the father of January Jones baby. Vaughn's attorneys addressed the rumor, calling it an absolute lie.

Anyway, here is the couple with their children, long time ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98August 29, 2020 7:23 PM

More recent shot of couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 29, 2020 7:25 PM

The kid looks fine. What's wrong with you OP?

by Anonymousreply 100August 29, 2020 7:31 PM

I get what you're saying R90 but I don't think the Kendall Jenners and Kaia Gerbers represent the best of what's out there in modelling, they just have inbuilt followings and so are propped up by the industry because they can make designers more money. If you look in Vogue or on runways and ignore the IT girls you'll see girls who are successful because they look the part and know how to walk and pose well. They are quite striking, generally.

But I too hate seeing these average or plain girls making careers out of nothing but famous parents too. It's ruined Hollywood and it's ruining the fashion industry imo

by Anonymousreply 101August 29, 2020 7:32 PM

“The best in modeling” is whomever sells the most shit. That’s it. Being a model is being bait that lures potential buyers toward a target. That’s all that modeling is. It is not a fine art.

by Anonymousreply 102August 29, 2020 7:36 PM

Good point R102. I guess I just mean that the nepotism hires aren't striking and beautiful like models used to be.

by Anonymousreply 103August 29, 2020 7:39 PM

I also don't think nepotism hires show off clothes and makeup to their best potential

by Anonymousreply 104August 29, 2020 7:41 PM

Gisele Bündchen has had a nose job, close-set eyes, and, arguably, a horse face. However, she has something going on behind the eyes and je ne sais quois.

Kaia Gerber has a flat affect. I don't understand her appeal at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 29, 2020 7:41 PM

Gisele is Brazilian and is not poor. Of course she has had plastic surgery. Brazilians value surgery as much as Americans value guns and racism.

by Anonymousreply 106August 29, 2020 7:44 PM

That je ne sais quois is also known as German-in- South America arrogance

by Anonymousreply 107August 29, 2020 7:46 PM

Them "Helga" genes are strong.

by Anonymousreply 108August 29, 2020 7:48 PM

Hmm, never thought about that, R107.

by Anonymousreply 109August 29, 2020 7:49 PM

"At first, I didn't understand how she was so popular as a model. Looking back, I can appreciate her face."

I saw Kate Moss in person several times and she is not that striking, nothing special if you see her on the street. However, put her in front of the camera and she was THAT bitch! No matter how high or drunk she was, she always delivered, a true professional. The camera does not love her daughter, there is nothing there. She should focus on school and university instead.

The one supermodel though who was stunning in person, even without make-up, was Christy. Man, her face was perfection. And a really nice lady.

by Anonymousreply 110August 29, 2020 7:52 PM

Man-face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 29, 2020 7:57 PM

Schiffer is all about her coloring (natural and enhanced). Take away the glorious curtain of white-blonde hair, the blue eyes, the peachy skin, and you have....

Man-face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112August 29, 2020 8:01 PM

I agree with your observation, R101. The talented models of the 90s were also the IT girls, known for their skill set. Many were household names, as famous as movie stars. They earned their money because the attention they generated (through talent, not fame by association) made millions for the fashion industry. They were also healthier-looking (size 4 or 6). The industry is promoting unhealthy bodies now (size 0 and 2). Most of today's models start as naturally slender teens, but they are pressured into being skeletal. And impressionable young girls get fucked up by this "beauty" standard.

The talented models today are successful, but they're not well known to the mainstream public. That's a shame, because they got to their level through ability. Today's IT girls have no talent, a few look unnatural (Bella Hadid). The only talent they have is getting attention through empty hype using the Kardashian method.

by Anonymousreply 113August 29, 2020 8:03 PM

I don't think Giselle had a ton of surgery. Only her nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 29, 2020 8:03 PM

She also got a boob job early in her career, R114.

The fashion industry said her lanky body with fake breasts heralded the return of the curvy model. RME.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 29, 2020 8:07 PM

Claudia was never my favorite German model. I preferred Tatjana Patitz and Nadja Auermann instead, Claudia was too wholesome and bland. And the whole fake relationship with David Copperfield was just weird, they even had a contract and everything. Very strange.

She was Karl Lagerfeld's muse until he dropped her for Stella Tennant (if I recall correctly), I don't know why he got mad at her. But he did the same thing to Inès de la Fressange, I guess it was business as usual for Kunty Karl.

by Anonymousreply 116August 29, 2020 8:09 PM

This is a gorgeous German model.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117August 29, 2020 8:12 PM

WEHT Nadja Auermann?

by Anonymousreply 118August 29, 2020 8:13 PM

If you want to talk about Schiffer as a model, then post pictures of her when she was actually modeling for a living.

Posting a picture of a 50 year old Schiffer, saying you don’t understand why she was a model, doesn’t make much sense.

She was stunning in her prime, like all models in the 90s. You can’t look at Schiffer, Evangelista, and many other models now when they’re past their prime.

Exceptions to that rule exist, like Campbell and Porizkova who are still beautiful today.

by Anonymousreply 119August 29, 2020 8:18 PM

Auerman was never my thing. Reminds me of Jeffree Star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120August 29, 2020 8:20 PM

Ahem R119

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 29, 2020 8:20 PM

Porizkova didn't age any better than Claudia, she looks like a frail old lady. Still pretty but hardly beautiful. Gay men do love her though. Just not sure why

by Anonymousreply 122August 29, 2020 8:22 PM

Once somebody pointed out Christy Turlington's nose job, I can't not see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123August 29, 2020 8:23 PM

Nadja was fierce, I wish I still had this magazine with her on the cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124August 29, 2020 8:23 PM

Honestly, Paulina P seems like a histrionic drama queen to me for a lot of reasons, BUT I really respect and even adore her for having the sanity and courage to just...age. She obviously is maintaining her appearance but she also obviously has not mutilated herself. She looks like a beautiful older lady. She has wrinkles, she’s sagging a bit. She’s fucking human. I am practically giddy seeing a woman known for her beauty allowing herself to look like this instead of the fake lips and the face inflated like a water balloon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 29, 2020 8:27 PM

Paulina in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 29, 2020 8:29 PM

R125, we all get older, and we can’t compete with our younger versions. And you’re right, she’s aging gracefully and beautifully unlike many other models.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 29, 2020 8:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 29, 2020 8:32 PM

Nadja Auermann had (has) really long legs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 29, 2020 8:34 PM

Oh, Linda....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 29, 2020 8:35 PM

PAULINA LOOKS LIKE SHIT! I was the first supermodel in HISTORY and I was the first ANTM judge hired AND fired by that bitch Tyra!!!

I am an eternally ageless NATURAL beauty!!

This is how it’s done, BABY!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 29, 2020 8:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132August 29, 2020 8:37 PM

Another one of Jeffree, I mean, Nadia. I don’t like her or her droopy mouth, but still better than what’s on the runways now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 29, 2020 8:37 PM

Deb Messing post-pregnancy?

Nope. Linda again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 29, 2020 8:38 PM

I’m no supermodel but my daughters ARE and I OWN IT, BABY!! Supermodel momma here!! All natural and age resistant without need of a surgeon’s knife or needle! Haa!! I’m a bullshitter but I own it!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 29, 2020 8:38 PM

Almost exactly 30 years ago.

NYC was fun. Fashion was fun. These ladies were fun. (Can you name all of them without cheating?)

Sigh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 29, 2020 8:43 PM

Is R136 the Kristen Johnston character from Sex and the City?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 29, 2020 8:48 PM

[quote]Nadja was fierce, I wish I still had this magazine with her on the cover.

Here you go, R124.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 29, 2020 9:00 PM

R138 She’s close, but she’s no Nefertiti!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139August 29, 2020 9:02 PM

R126, there's so much beauty in that face. Paulina would look even better if she cut her hair shorter!

by Anonymousreply 140August 29, 2020 9:05 PM

Nadja Auermann in 2020, with her daughter, Cosima.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 29, 2020 9:07 PM

Another.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142August 29, 2020 9:08 PM

Tatjana Patitz in 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 29, 2020 9:12 PM

Tatjana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 29, 2020 9:13 PM

Re: Gisele and plastic surgery

One of my favorite paparazzi stories involves Gisele and her sister visiting a famous plastic surgeon in Paris. While they were photographed getting into the car, by the time they got out they were wearing burkas (in order to go unnoticed)

by Anonymousreply 145August 29, 2020 9:16 PM

Carolyn Murphy's daughter is mannish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146August 29, 2020 9:17 PM

Yeah, Carolyn Murphy's daughter is very unfortunate looking. Honestly, Cindy is the only supermodel with good looking kids.

by Anonymousreply 147August 29, 2020 9:27 PM

Kate Moss’s daughter has Unfortunate Trumpmouth Syndrome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 29, 2020 9:38 PM

I think that Trish Goff's son is attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149August 29, 2020 9:42 PM

R123

I saw her irl in 2001. Extremely beautiful but her nose was quite a disaster.

In fact, as much as the one of Carla Bruni.

by Anonymousreply 150August 29, 2020 9:47 PM

I’ve only ever noticed one nose job in person and it really freaked me out. I struggled not to stare. It looked like it had been snapped on like Michael Jackson’s last remnants of nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151August 29, 2020 9:50 PM

When did Turlington have her nose done? Was it before or after her modeling prime?

She's undeniably beautiful, but frankly, I always found her quite dull in comparison to the other gals. They may have been divas, but they had personality.

Turlington's husband Edward Burns is also one of the dullest actor-filmmakers on the planet, so it's a good match.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152August 29, 2020 9:53 PM

Clementine Vaughn looks like those three Dutch Princesses.

The fat inbred looking ones, that are not even inbred.

by Anonymousreply 153August 29, 2020 9:55 PM

R152

Before.

by Anonymousreply 154August 29, 2020 9:56 PM

Christy in April 2020.

I can't decide whether this is a good pic--or not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155August 29, 2020 9:57 PM

She looks awful!

by Anonymousreply 156August 29, 2020 10:03 PM

Linda E looks fine for her age. She doesn't wear much makeup, she has her original nose, and she's never had much work done. She's gained some weight, but she looks like a normal 50-something woman.

by Anonymousreply 157August 29, 2020 10:03 PM

Sorry but I don't see the nose job that Christy supposed to have. When I saw her in person during her supermodel time, she looked totally fine. Her nephew pretty much has the same nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158August 29, 2020 10:07 PM

I will never understand why people view surgical mutilation as looking better than looking 50 years old.

by Anonymousreply 159August 29, 2020 10:07 PM

Patitz looks great

by Anonymousreply 160August 29, 2020 10:09 PM

r159, if you don't understand it, just read the replies here. How "awful and old" they look. A 50 year old woman is apparently supposed to look like she did 25 years ago. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 161August 29, 2020 10:10 PM

No one fucks better than my boy!

LOOKS! I said LOOKS BETTER!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 29, 2020 10:12 PM

Nadia looks fantastic!

by Anonymousreply 163August 29, 2020 10:13 PM

My son looks just like Clementine’s dad!

by Anonymousreply 164August 29, 2020 10:16 PM

GOOP’s kid still takes the cake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 29, 2020 10:18 PM

Apple got the worst of her parents' features.

by Anonymousreply 166August 29, 2020 10:20 PM

R166 She at least got the worst eye from each one.

by Anonymousreply 167August 29, 2020 10:21 PM

At least Apple shows some personality and apparently fights back against her mother’s attempts to pimp her out on social media. Hopefully she won’t go the Jaden Smith route.

Nadja Auermann still looks incredible at nearly 50. The models with characterful faces look better than the ones with cute or especially youthful faces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 29, 2020 10:23 PM

"Cute" rarely ages well, in men and in women.

by Anonymousreply 169August 29, 2020 10:24 PM

R165, GROSS! I wouldn't usually say that to criticize a child, but I'm criticizing whatever godforsaken filter she used to do that to her face.

by Anonymousreply 170August 29, 2020 10:28 PM

Apple Martin has a face only a Cubist painter could love.

Shudder.

by Anonymousreply 171August 29, 2020 10:31 PM

Btw, Kaia does not look like a regular fahion model. Her eyes are too close and it's highly problematic. Hee frame is great but without her name and connection, she'd booked nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 29, 2020 10:34 PM

Heidi Klum’s oldest daughter seems to have natural good looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173August 29, 2020 10:35 PM

This is what a high fashion face looks like - eyes are far apart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174August 29, 2020 10:36 PM

You're right about Kaia, but Claudia Schiffer's eyes were too close together, too.

I was never a fan of hers. She did come off beautifully in a lot of her early work, but she wasn't really appealing. Too much of a Teutonic frau look.

by Anonymousreply 175August 29, 2020 10:36 PM

Kaia actually makes me appreciate Cindy more. At least her mom always had curves and a decent walk (of which Kaia has neither).

by Anonymousreply 176August 29, 2020 10:38 PM

Did someone call for widely space eyes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 29, 2020 10:39 PM

R175 Young Claudia wasn't half bad. I have never seen anyone with eyes like Kaia being a model.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178August 29, 2020 10:39 PM

The child has excellent bone structure (note cheekbones) and will age beautifully. Stop with criticizing children!

by Anonymousreply 179August 29, 2020 10:39 PM

My eyes were the keys to my Noxema modeling fortune...until the fucking brat threw himself under my tires for attention!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 29, 2020 10:40 PM

R177 Say what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181August 29, 2020 10:43 PM

Some of us have looks *and* talent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182August 29, 2020 10:45 PM

R173 I only agree with the "natural" part, lol. I feel bad for any girl whose mother looks better and in her case, is married to a man who is closer to the daughter's age than the mother's. Here in Germany she would be a 6/10.

by Anonymousreply 183August 29, 2020 10:45 PM

R182 .... and an obvious old school nose job

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 29, 2020 10:49 PM

Not a crisp photo, but this is supposed to be Christy Turlington. Looks like high school year book.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 29, 2020 10:51 PM

R176: Yes, Kaia is all hype. She's considered a good walker but the bar is set low (as I've already written). Stomping is not great walking.

I don't get the criticism that Cindy was bad on the runway. She wasn't as memorable as Linda or Christy. Certainly, she was nowhere near the level of Naomi or Yasmeen. She had a relaxed, casual walk. She could do the required turns. If people want to talk about terrible catwalkers from the 90s, then let's discuss the awkward moves of Stephanie Seymour, Claudia Shiffer, and Kristen McMenamy (the worst of the bunch).

by Anonymousreply 186August 29, 2020 10:53 PM

Frances Cobain’s parents were not models but she has had a pretty radical transformation from this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187August 29, 2020 10:55 PM

R165 She looks like a tree frog.

by Anonymousreply 188August 29, 2020 10:55 PM

...to this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189August 29, 2020 10:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 29, 2020 11:00 PM

R198 Neither of her parents were ever great looking, but she got the best of both. She lucked out getting Kurt's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 191August 29, 2020 11:02 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192August 29, 2020 11:05 PM

I always felt bad for Kimberly Stewart. Alana Stewart was so pretty, but Kim looks like Rod.

by Anonymousreply 193August 29, 2020 11:12 PM

Hopefully, Kim isn't a rancid deplorable cunt like her mother

by Anonymousreply 194August 29, 2020 11:16 PM

Kathy Ireland was more like the extremely pretty girl next door. She would have been on Baywatch if the show had been around.

Reminds me of Lisa Welchel or Blair Warner on Facts of Life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195August 29, 2020 11:17 PM

R33 I think the problem is that often these models procreate with ugly men because they don’t value looks like men do. It’s no surprise that some of the men‘s busted features carry over to their offspring. It’s obvious that Kaia inherited her eyes from her father, unfortunately. Cindy should have considered....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 29, 2020 11:19 PM

Isn't her dad David Copperfield? Maybe she can do magic

by Anonymousreply 197August 29, 2020 11:26 PM

I agree with Guy Trebay: Claudia walked like a dental hygienist on her way to the office.

by Anonymousreply 198August 29, 2020 11:29 PM

Poor David Copperfield was put out of business by more fuckable magicians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199August 29, 2020 11:29 PM

It’s fascinating to me that models came into being so that we can see how clothes will ideally look when fitted to a person, and the modeling industry convinced the whole world that walking like a Clydesdale is a carefully cultivated and rare talent worthy of millions of dollars and global acclaim.

Hahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 200August 29, 2020 11:31 PM

Cindy Crawford & Richard Gere were a beautiful couple. She does care about looks. IMO, Randy Gerber was / is rich and probably had powerful friends. (Not sure when he became so close to George Clooney.) Given a choice, I think CC would have chosen somebody better-looking.

I'm surprised at what a stage mother CC turned into.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201August 29, 2020 11:35 PM

R200 No, most of the women mentioned here were supermodels who crossed over from fashion to mainstream culture. They peaked at the right time under the right circumstances. They often had high profile relationships that kept them in the press (think Giselle and Leo). Most runway and catalog models never achieve a fraction of this. And nowadays, any so called shameless girl can promote herself with softcore material on IG and have millions of followers and achieve more than regular high fashion model.

by Anonymousreply 202August 29, 2020 11:44 PM

R201 wow, Cindy and Gere looked so classy together. I don’t think Cindy has much control over her children. Otherwise the son wouldn’t look the way he looks and the daughter would not date the guys she dates.

by Anonymousreply 203August 29, 2020 11:48 PM

[quote]This is what a high fashion face looks like - eyes are far apart.

Not necessarily true. Linda had one of the most versatile and “high fashion” faces ever, and her eyes aren’t really spaced far apart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204August 29, 2020 11:54 PM

R204 Except they totally are really spaced far apart....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205August 30, 2020 12:00 AM

Remember when Gere and Crawford took out that ad announcing that they're not gay?

by Anonymousreply 206August 30, 2020 1:04 AM

Seriously, op? Looks just like her.

by Anonymousreply 207August 30, 2020 1:11 AM

Yes. The irony is that Cindy Crawford is a bisexual/lesbian who has married two gay men.... and many people know all about it.

Cindy was far gay-friendlier and less of an asshole about the closet than Gere was, at least. Her famous quote, "I'd never sue over it. But Richard will."

by Anonymousreply 208August 30, 2020 1:13 AM

Cindy's problem is that she spoiled her kids and never gave them a real purpose in life.

by Anonymousreply 209August 30, 2020 1:38 AM

Cindy has had a very stable, successful life. It seemed as if she spent so much time working on herself she didn't have time for her kids. Kaia and Presley both appear deeply damaged. The eating disorders and tattoos scream sexual abuse survivors. Lord knows what they were subjected to while Cindy and Randy were enjoying their jet-set lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 210August 30, 2020 1:38 AM

Cindy did seem relatively normal and low-key. Her kids are really fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 211August 30, 2020 1:39 AM

r210, you're reaching. A lot of women in showbiz and modeling have eating disorders - not because of sexual abuse but because there is so much pressure to be thin

Getting tattoos is hardly a sign of sexual abuse, either

Stop it with the QAnon shit

by Anonymousreply 212August 30, 2020 1:58 AM

Getting a tattoo isn't a sign of sexual abuse. Getting tattoos all over his body, including his pretty face, and having manorexia as a teenager clearly shows that something is wrong with Presley. Kaia's dead eyes and eating disorder also show a damaged psyche. Perhaps it isn't sexual abuse. Perhaps it's simply emotional neglect coupled with too much of everything material. Whatever the reason, both of Cindy Crawford's children are deeply fucked up, and I wouldn't be surprised if one or both don't make old bones. Is that non-Q-Anonish enough for you? Fuck off with your faux-liberal labeling bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 213August 30, 2020 2:11 AM

R213, your opinion isn't fact. Saying someone has "dead eyes" doesn't make it so. And I'm sure you think it's just a coincidence that professions that place a huge emphasis on thinness (like acting, modeling, and dancing) have a disproportionately large number of anorexics.

Condemning people for abusing their kids with ZERO evidence is pure QAnon bullshit. You seem way more fucked up than anyone in Crawford's family.

by Anonymousreply 214August 30, 2020 2:16 AM

Ooh, look at R214 with the ad hominem attacks. This is a speculative thread critiquing the offspring of supermodels--I don't have to back up my opinion with facts. Sorry if it hurts your feelings to hear someone call Cindy a shit mother, but she clearly is one. Now fuck off and go light a candle in front of your Cindy shrine.

by Anonymousreply 215August 30, 2020 2:19 AM

r215, go fuck off to your QAnon website where you accuse Oprah of eating babies

by Anonymousreply 216August 30, 2020 2:20 AM

R204, that photo’s in 3/4 angle. Eyes appear closer together. Evangelista’s eyes are far apart.

by Anonymousreply 217August 30, 2020 2:24 AM

Cindy had Kaia modeling Versace at age 10 . By age 15, she was posting half-naked Instagram photos of herself (see the picture). At age 16, she did a Chanel ad where she was barely dressed and draped over a couch like a teenage Lolita. Which caused ANOTHER big controversy in the same vein as the Instagram one. Where do you think she learned these tricks to get attention? At Mommy's knee. Do you think she ever got Mommy's attention if she wasn't practicing her runway walk and babbling on about how much she wanted to be a supermodel just like mom? Doubtful.

I'm not saying Cindy sexually abused Kaia--I would be very surprised if that were true. What I do think is that Cindy pushed Kaia into a profession which encourages eating disorders and the sexualization of very young girls. She recently wanted Kaia to star in a modeling series based on Cindy's own career. She's clearly reliving her glory days through Kaia, and not seeming to care much what that does to her daughter's mental and physical health. Kaia's looked exhausted and dead in the eyes for years now, and you can lay her very clear issues right at Cindy's door.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218August 30, 2020 2:28 AM

R218, a lot of teen girls post stuff like that on the internet. It doesn't mean they were abused. Try again.

Many people follow in their parents' footsteps. A lot of models have kids who become models. A lot of actors have kids who become actors. That's not a sign of abuse, you weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 219August 30, 2020 2:39 AM

Keep misrepresenting what I'm saying, R219. Your straw man arguments don't make Kaia and Presley any less fucked up, or Cindy and Randy any less the architects of their children's neuroses.

by Anonymousreply 220August 30, 2020 2:53 AM

Your straw man arguments don't make Cindy Crawford and her husband abusers just because you desperately want them to be.

by Anonymousreply 221August 30, 2020 2:55 AM

How do you guys know so much about the lives of these models and their children? Are they reported in entertainment tabloids, etc., or where does the info come from?

I haven’t thought of a single one of these retired models in a decade or longer and the only place in my life I’ve ever heard of Kaia and these other children is here on Data Lounge.

by Anonymousreply 222August 30, 2020 3:01 AM

Poor R221, you don't even know what a straw man argument is! Do a little googling on logical fallacies, and you'll be a much better arguer. I mean, you'll still be an idiot, but you'll sound just a little less like an idiot when you write.

by Anonymousreply 223August 30, 2020 3:03 AM

R223, you're the one accusing people of being abusers without evidence. You're a QAnon idiot accusing others of being dumb when you're a complete moron yourself.

by Anonymousreply 224August 30, 2020 3:07 AM

Okay, R224. Let me clarify. I'll try to use small words.

YOU'RE the one who keeps bringing up the idea that Cindy and Randy sexually abused their children. What I said is that Kaia and Presley act like people who were abused, and that they were neglected by their parents. I went on to clarify that I think Cindy was a terrible mother who pushed her daughter into a demanding and often toxic profession before the girl hit junior high school. If the Gerber kids were abused, it was probably by a nanny, a family friend, or someone in the modeling industry. Randy and Cindy wouldn't have noticed because they were too busy jetting around being fabulous.

So, to sum up, do I think Randy and Cindy abused their kids? Not in the way you keep insinuating. I very much doubt that Randy and Cindy were sexually or physically abusive to Kaia and Presley. Also, it's quite clear that the kids never wanted for anything material.

Do I think that Randy and Cindy were shit parents who neglected their children's real emotional needs and, due to sheer apathy, allowed the kids to wander into situations where they quite possibly WERE sexually abused? Absolutely. Hence, manorexic Randy with his full tattoo sleeves and face tattoo. Hence, emaciated, raccoon-eyed Kaia, embodying heroin chic twenty years too late. (Just to be REALLY clear, since you seem to need everything spelled out, I am not implying that Kaia takes heroin.)

Is that clear enough for you? Though honestly, I don't care anymore whether it is or not. You're either a troll, a paid shill, or, possibly, Cindy herself. In which case you should have stayed at Northwestern another semester or two and picked up decent reading and critical thinking skills.

by Anonymousreply 225August 30, 2020 3:20 AM

*Hence, manorexic PRESLEY with his tattoos, etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 226August 30, 2020 3:22 AM

That’s a very very unfortunate looking. It’s sad to be an ugly daughter of one of the most beautiful women in the world

by Anonymousreply 227August 30, 2020 3:39 AM

Why do you care about a retired model’s parenting? If you think the welfare of her children is at stake, call CPS and let them handle it.

by Anonymousreply 228August 30, 2020 3:44 AM
by Anonymousreply 229August 30, 2020 3:53 AM

Her children are both over 18, numbnuts.

by Anonymousreply 230August 30, 2020 4:01 AM

Is this thread all old gay men being bitchy about a teenager who isn’t even aspiring to be famous? 🤷‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 231August 30, 2020 4:05 AM

"If the Gerber kids were abused, it was probably by a nanny, a family friend, or someone in the modeling industry."

There isn't any evidence that they were abused by anybody. Try again. You must be one of those idiots who think anyone who has even the tiniest problem in their life "must have been abused"

by Anonymousreply 232August 30, 2020 4:07 AM

Daughters often get their looks from their fathers so if a beautiful woman marries an ugly man, there is a good chance the daughters won’t turn out good looking. Though genetics are a crap shoot, sometimes two beautiful people have not so great looking offspring.

by Anonymousreply 233August 30, 2020 4:17 AM

An old Sicilian proverb shared with women once they become pregnant:

"Pray for a boy. Girl babies envy their pretty mamas, and then rob them of their beauty."

by Anonymousreply 234August 30, 2020 4:24 AM

People! Lila Hack (that is her name, not Lila Moss) looks much more like her father than her mother. She has far more of his features. This is why (besides her short height) she will never be a huge model like her mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235August 30, 2020 4:37 AM

Here's an even better picture for comparison purposes (of Jefferson Hack):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236August 30, 2020 4:38 AM

Yikes.

EIther's he's got a great personality, or he's a good dancer, R236.

by Anonymousreply 237August 30, 2020 4:40 AM

This thread has legs.

I started re-reading from the top.... and I LOL'd at this...

[quote]Maybe she could become a character actress or something?

Yes, a logical step for the short, pudgy, plain girl. That is CONSUMMATE DL right there.

by Anonymousreply 238August 30, 2020 4:56 AM

I don't know what happened in the Gerber/Crawford household, but I do remember the story about 7 year old Kaia being gagged and tied to a chair and some blackmailing plot. Very weird.

by Anonymousreply 239August 30, 2020 10:38 AM

R163 She is only a 6? If she's a 6, then you're a 3!

by Anonymousreply 240August 30, 2020 11:24 AM

R240 And you are a Z E R O for your failure of a reference, lol....

by Anonymousreply 241August 30, 2020 12:07 PM

R212 Cindy‘s son got himself ‘misunderstood’ tattooed right on his face. If that is not a cry for help I don’t know what it is. A few years ago he looked like a picture perfect Ken doll. Now he is destroying his body with gross tattoos/piercings and tries to go against everything his parents stand for. There must be tons of self-hate and hate against his parents involved....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 30, 2020 12:17 PM

Models are actually ugly except from certain angles. Freakishly thin too. Gracefulness and charisma are required. Would be considered ugly by any straight guys

by Anonymousreply 243August 30, 2020 12:20 PM

[quote]Is this thread all old gay men being bitchy about a teenager who isn’t even aspiring to be famous?

How do [italic]you[/italic] know what her plans are?

by Anonymousreply 244August 30, 2020 12:34 PM

[quote]Models are actually ugly except from certain angles. Freakishly thin too. Gracefulness and charisma are required.

That is true. The best ones, like Linda for example, have quirky features that might look awkward in person, but photograph great from every angle. And yes charisma is required...something which none of the current crop of nepotism girls has at all.

by Anonymousreply 245August 30, 2020 1:54 PM

Cindy always did seem relatively normal but she is astoundingly shallow and self absorbed. Maybe that didn’t translate to being the best mom.

by Anonymousreply 246August 30, 2020 2:47 PM

[quote] Wow. What happened?

Genes from two parents?

by Anonymousreply 247August 30, 2020 2:48 PM

Ive told this story before,but its germaine to the subject at hand. I once knew a guy (straight) that was 6'2 of sheer masculine beauty . He was one of those who everyone stared at when he walked down the street. He had a fabulous body AND a big dick (Oh how I tried to get it,but he just wasnt into it) . He hated it . While he could get the most beautiful women,he always picked plain janes for girlfriends. We used to party together a lot,and had quite a few deep discussions on his curse of beauty. He often said the worst thing about looking that way is no one ever thought he had a brain in his head (he didnt really ) and the only thing anyone ever wanted from him was his looks. Now he didnt go so far as to deliberately destroy his looks like Cindys son,but he didnt up play them either (like I damn sure would have) . I imagine part of presleys problem was just that. Plus being wealthy he probably has a hard time believing people like him for himself.Having known wealthy and pretty people,trust me,they are even more shallow than the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 248August 30, 2020 3:20 PM

Strictly as a (badly needed) palette cleanser....

Here's some vintage Suzy Parker, wearing actual fashion back in the day...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249August 30, 2020 4:28 PM

And a little Dovima, whose story should be a movie (that's not FUNNY FACE):

[quote]Born in Queens, New York, to a Polish-American policeman and an Irish-born mother, she was the first model to use a single name. The name Dovima is composed of the first two letters of her three given names. Dovima was discovered on a sidewalk in New York by an editor at Vogue, and had a photo shoot with Irving Penn the following day. She worked closely with Richard Avedon, whose photograph of her in a floor-length black evening gown with circus elephants—Dovima with the Elephants—taken at the Cirque d'hiver, Paris, in August 1955, has become an icon and sold for $1,151,976 in 2010. The gown was the first evening dress designed for Christian Dior by his new assistant, Yves Saint-Laurent. Dovima was reputed to be the highest-paid model of her time; she commanded $60 per hour when most of the top models were receiving anything up to $25 per hour. She became known as the Dollar-a-Minute Girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250August 30, 2020 4:33 PM

And, R244, how does it know that we're ALL "old gay men"? Those half-wits from LSA always think they're the only ones here who aren't eldergays.

by Anonymousreply 251August 30, 2020 4:36 PM

"She became known as the Dollar-a-Minute Girl."

I thought that was Melania Trump's nickname?

by Anonymousreply 252August 30, 2020 5:52 PM

OP, You are a disgusting troll. Leave children alone. Obviously you have zero self respect and enjoy mean, cowardly bullying of young people who have a better life than your cruddy slime existence in basements and under bridges. FUCK YOURSELF with 1000 dirty needles, worthless cunt.

OP, You are a disgusting troll. Leave children alone. Obviously you have zero self respect and enjoy mean, cowardly bullying of young people who have a better life than your cruddy slime existence in basements and under bridges. FUCK YOURSELF with 1000 dirty needles, worthless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 253August 31, 2020 8:36 PM

R253, is right. She is a chubby little bitch. Are Claudia and the dad siblings?

by Anonymousreply 254August 31, 2020 11:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!