Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Foibles of Royals Returns - Part Whatever

So, what's the tea on Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark (son of ex-King Constatine and ex-Queen Anne-Marie of Greece (nee HRH Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark)?

Married five year to the very elegant blonde Tatiana, he's already 50 no children.

Is Tatiana a beard?

He's quite good-looking in a greasy suspicious sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 95Yesterday at 6:30 AM

He's hot. Would do.

by Anonymousreply 108/28/2020

Pics please

by Anonymousreply 208/28/2020

The Greeks have word for it.

by Anonymousreply 308/28/2020

Here's Prince Niki from Greece/Denmark:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408/28/2020

This younger "Greek" prince seems to play for our team. He's dancing at the very beginning of this TikTok. His name is Achileas and I think I heard he wants to be an actor. GAY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508/28/2020

More of prince Achileas, please!!!

by Anonymousreply 608/28/2020

While not as flashy as her predecessor, Camilla is always beautifully dressed and coiffed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 709/02/2020

Nick's younger brother Prince Philippos is now engaged to his longtime girlfriend Nina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 809/02/2020

Swipe for new photos of the Danish Crown Prince and Princess with their four children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 909/02/2020

Four photos were released of Prince Nikolai of Denmark on this 21st birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1009/02/2020

What is it with some royals, but they have beautiful skin?

by Anonymousreply 1109/02/2020

R9, it is just me, or does Prince Christian, 2nd in line to the Danish throne behind is father Prince Frederk, look markedly different these days? There's just something so different-looking about him now.

Here's a photo of the prince about a year ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1209/02/2020

....and here's a recent photo from their summer photocall:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1309/02/2020

Well, he has more zits on his face. I think he's just going through an "awkward" adolescent phase.

by Anonymousreply 1409/02/2020

Christian's hair is longer than the older photo and if I'm not mistaken he had braces on his teeth in the past. His voice is probably changing and he's getting loads of testosterone spurting through his body. He'll be 15 in October so if he's not changing now, then when?

by Anonymousreply 1509/02/2020

R9 and others remarking on Prince Christian's new photos - he has obviously been going through a bad case of adolescent acne over the last year or so. It's too bad, but it will likely clear up, and he is on the verge of becoming the Catch of Europe (as you all know, I am reserving him for Princess Charlotte and the blockbuster Royal Wedding of the century when both parties ARE actually "royal" by birth and unite two of the premiere reigning Houses of Europe - I just need to live long enough to see it).

Christian looks more like his mother every day, and Princess Isabella, growing up fast, is getting prettier and looks very much like her father and grandmother, the Queen. Of the younger twins, Prince Vincent already looks personable and is already rather handsome in a twinkish way.

But the focus will be on the next Crown Prince once Margrethe dies or abdicates and Frederik and Mary take over, and if Christian doesn't turn chunky, he'll be the Big Catch in Europe - the next Prince William, if you will - not least because he's about the only future heir to the throne of his generation who is male.

by Anonymousreply 1609/03/2020

Swipe for photos of a bearded Will and his family visiting the Queen at Balmoral along with Princess Anne and her family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1709/03/2020

How pretty Peter and Autumn Phillips' daughters look.

I'm sure Meghan looks at those photos and shudders thinking about what a weekend like that would be like for the-urban-to-her-soul L.A. hustler, ignoring the sensibilities of bonds being strengthened amongst family members, particularly the all-important head of the family, historic traditions - something that transcends pool lounging, dropping A-lister's names, and hustling in Hollywood.

But you have to wonder if furtive images arise in Harry, who until he married Meghan spent part of every summer of his life up at Balmoral, which sits on the some of the richest and most beautiful 40,000 acres in Britain, of he and his family as well as William and his family being greeted affectionately with the increasingly frail and bent-over grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 1809/04/2020

Odd that Peter and Autumn are both there at Balmoral considering they've announced that they're divorcing.

by Anonymousreply 1909/04/2020

Philip still striding around like a man half his age. Is it genes? diet? exercise?

by Anonymousreply 2009/04/2020

Philip is shockingly sturdy! I would think by this age and after all the health problems he had, he'd be bound to a wheelchair. Nope, dude still strolling around, looking fresh. Is it the good life? Most of these royals are incredibly long-lived.

As for the object of this thread - my top-notch gaydar says: yes, Niko is gay. So, so gay. And very handsome!

by Anonymousreply 2109/04/2020

Princess Martha Louise of Norway poses with her second daughter Leah. Leah's father Ari Behn committed suicide last Christmas. Is it me or does Leah Behn resemble Jennifer Aniston?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2209/04/2020

I think Leah is the prettiest daughter of Martha Louise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2309/04/2020

Last photo of Leah Isadora Behn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2409/04/2020

Leah's cousin Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway is pretty too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2509/04/2020

Camilla provided an opinion piece in The Guardian. I admire her willingness to attempt to address such a grim, but important topic.

[quote]For many in Britain, the lockdown of domestic abuse isn't over. But there is help

[quote]Report: ‘Reach in’ to help victims of domestic violence, urges Duchess of Cornwall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2609/04/2020

OP here - Agree on Prince Nikolaos - he's family.

by Anonymousreply 2709/05/2020

A woman's body was found in a pond near Kensington Palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2809/05/2020

What would we call a gay King's spouse?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2909/05/2020

James Middleton has postponed his wedding twice this summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3009/05/2020

Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway has been confirmed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3109/05/2020

Swipe for more photos of the Norwegian Royal Family at the Prince of Norway's confirmation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3209/05/2020

Mette-Marit and Haakon have a lovely family!

by Anonymousreply 3309/05/2020

R29, Princess Consort would work on all levels.

by Anonymousreply 3409/05/2020

Swipe for photos and details of Diana's funeral. It took place 23 years ago today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3509/06/2020

What does Prince Philip really think about the black sheeps in the family? Don't hold back now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3609/06/2020

It's amazing how many people still think Fergie is marketable. Her next project is a new fun cookbook coming out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3709/07/2020

Princess Alexandra's grandson Alexander Ogilvie is quite the dish!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3809/07/2020

The Queen looks very hunched over at R17. Sometimes you forget she's 94.

Kate would look so much better if she cut her hair and ate a fucking sandwich or two.

by Anonymousreply 3909/07/2020

As the embedded article suggests, the title for a king regnant's husband could/should be king consort; the title for a queen regnant's wife could/should be queen consort. Then you would have His Majesty King Jamarcus and His Majesty Longines, King Consort. Easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 4009/07/2020

R40– I think the UK will have abolished the monarchy long before there’s a King named “Jamarcus”

by Anonymousreply 4109/07/2020

Royal Cousins - the family genealogy of the Queen and Prince Philip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4209/08/2020

The Queen and Prince Philip will leave Balmoral early to spend time at Sandringham.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4309/08/2020

William is in Belfast today to thank Northern Ireland emergency responders during the pandemic. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4409/09/2020

You have to give Fergie her due: she never stops trying.

R38 - Considering how downright ugly his father is, young Alexander got lucky in the DNA department. His mother was what is called a "handome" woman in her youth - not cookie cutter pretty but distinguished looking with beautiful skin and bright blue eyes, with a tall slim figure.

But to me, Alexander, except for his fairness, seems to bear a strong resemblance to his handsome great-grandfather, Prince George, Duke of Kent, Queen Mary's and King Edward VII's youngest (surviving) son. George married the beautiful Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark. They were a glamourous couple. The Duke was killed in an airplane accident during WWII, leaving Marina a beautiful young widow with three young children - Cecil Beaton took a striking portrait of her shortly afterward.

Alexander, in my view, bears a striking resemblance to his great-grandfather, the only genuinely good-looking fellow amongst the sons of Edward and Mary. George (all right but nothing special), Edward (fey fey fey), Henry (dull)/

by Anonymousreply 4509/09/2020

Remember when Princess Stephanie of Monaco ran off and joined the circus? That was fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4609/09/2020

Princess Caroline's batshit husband arrested. Dementia or drunk and disorderly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4709/09/2020

Princess Tatiana of Greece and Denmark is the daughter of Ladislav "Ladi" Blatnik, a Slovenian playboy who used to be engaged to Natalie Wood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4809/09/2020

Prince George, Duke of Kent, was notorious for his string of affairs with both women and men and he was often alleged to have been a drug addict. Nonetheless his marriage with Marina appears to have been strong and he was a highly popular royal, both with the the public and inside the family.

by Anonymousreply 4909/10/2020

R47 - Caroline and Diana shared something: idiotic, self-destructive taste in men. Caroline's first husband was a nearly middle-aged playboy; her second husband was a reckless wastrel who had a mistress tucked away when he died in that horrible boating accident; and the third was the louche, corrupt Prince Ernst Augustus.

Diana did a bit better, but her pursuit of men she really couldn't marry after her divorce, and ending her life in the arms of that Papa's Puppet toy boy who couldn't go for a pee without calling his totally corrupt Da first came pretty close.

by Anonymousreply 5009/10/2020

R49 - The drug addiction was fact, not rumour. One of the only selfless things Edward VIII did before he took off for Wallis-Land was to lock his youngest brother in a room and nurse him off George's addiction. When the Abdication Crisis rolled around, the Duke of Kent's agony was acute, as he owed his brother for this, wanted to support him, but couldn't because it became clear that the monarchy had to line up against Edward for its own sake.

The bisexuality was also more than just rumoured. And, yes, the marriage with Marina appeared to be a genuine love match.

Marina was the only person to marry into the family in that generation who was a blood princess in her own right, and she wasn't above mentioning it now and then. She was heard to refer to the Duchess of York, Prince Albert's wife, as "that common little Scottish girl".

That changed the moment the ink was dry on the Abdication instrument, as the common little Scottish girl became Queen Consort of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and its Territories Beyond the Seas AND the last Empress of India.

by Anonymousreply 5109/10/2020

Looks like Princess Beatrice may be up the duff. Went shopping for baby clothes in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5209/11/2020

If Bea's up the duff it's still a little early to be buying baby clothes - she can't be more than three months along. Traditionally, you buy nothing until safely past the first trimester. They were only married in mid-July, not even two months ago.

I suppose it's possible she was pregnant, but that doesn't, somehow, seem like Bea.

For all we know, it's Eugenie who's up the duff and the clothes were a gift from soon to be Auntie Bea.

by Anonymousreply 5309/11/2020

Must say, Bea looks happy and peaceful in that photo. The look she used to carry around of trying too hard has gone. All she ever wanted was a handsome husband, a wedding, a couple of beautiful rings, and a family.

I hope Edo doesn't turn out to be the mountebank cad he always looked to be.

by Anonymousreply 5409/11/2020

Charles opens a virtual Braemar Games.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5509/12/2020

Diana's brother Charles Spencer talks about the trauma of their mother leaving the family when he was a child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5609/13/2020

Here's the DM article about the story @R56.

Poor Diana waited on the doorstep for her mother to return but she never did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5709/13/2020

Prince Philip and his wandering eye.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5809/13/2020

This two royal cousins are rumored to be getting married this weekend. I believe they already have a child together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5909/13/2020

I wonder if Philip really did screw around on the Queen as much as has been rumoured. I'd rather think he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 6009/13/2020

R59, it is the family tradition after all. They are second cousins, as are their parents.

by Anonymousreply 6109/13/2020

@R59 - the Archduchess and the Prince did get married this weekend. Swipe for photos of the dress and sapphire tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6209/13/2020

The groom looks like a Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 6309/13/2020

Wow. He really does.

by Anonymousreply 6409/13/2020

R62 - The wedding ensemble is beautiful in a classic, understated aristo sort of way, and the groom is good-looking, but one look at the bride and one utters a prayer for any progeny. She looks barely this side of "special".

by Anonymousreply 6509/14/2020

R60 - I think Philip may have screwed around a bit but not nearly as much as legend would have it.

The odd thing about your basic "man's man", which is what Philip is, is that they don't really value the company of women much. They're much happier in the company of other men. I doubt he'd have needed that much sex as time went on, and a more verifiable legend is that once she got the taste for it, his pretty young bride couldn't get enough of it. Appearances to the contrary, the young Princess Elizabeth (remember all that passion for horses stuff - she's a countrywoman at heart and country people tend not to be squeamish about sex or death) loved sex.

So I think the rumours are overplayed for tabloid fodder.

by Anonymousreply 6609/14/2020

r66, I agree. I know Pat Kirkwood spoke of how accusations of an affair with Philip blighted her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6709/14/2020

Letters found after her death indicated no affair occured. She was the woman mostly linked to rumours of his infidelity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6809/14/2020

Photos from Kate's pandemic project Hold Still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6909/14/2020

The Queen's message of support for Kate's project.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7009/14/2020

The pandemic has taken a toll on the Royal Palaces. Layoffs are ahead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7109/14/2020

Thirty eight years ago today, the world lost Her Serene Highness Princess Grace of Monaco. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7209/14/2020

R72 - Is that long ago?! I was in New York visiting friends who kindly took me to the Metropolitan Opera in Lincoln Centre, and the news filtered through the theatre about fifteen minutes before curtain. As it did so, you could hear the buzz of pre-curtain chatting suddenly subside into shocked murmurs.

by Anonymousreply 73Last Tuesday at 4:37 AM

Will & Kate visit a Brick Lane bakery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74Last Tuesday at 10:33 AM

Crown Princess Elisabeth of Belgium has begun her military training. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75Last Wednesday at 6:40 AM

Kate with impish and adorable Louis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76Last Wednesday at 6:43 AM

Barbados will cancel the Queen as Head of State.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77Last Wednesday at 8:45 AM

Swipe for photos of Queen Maxima of the Netherlands at the opening of parliament.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78Last Wednesday at 9:18 AM

Photos of Maxima in a chic outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79Last Wednesday at 9:19 AM

More photos of Kate and Louis. He's going to be a looker when he grows up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80Last Wednesday at 9:27 AM

😲 Queen Maxima looks like Mrs. Big Bird in formal wear. Who let her leave the palace in that? 😂

by Anonymousreply 81Last Wednesday at 6:21 PM

Love Kate’s outfit at r80

by Anonymousreply 82Last Friday at 5:11 AM

The Queen has strips Harvey Weinstein of his CBE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83Last Friday at 5:15 AM

As for the comment above about James Middleton cancelling hsi wedding twice over the summer, wow - I always assumed he was gay! He's a total cub.

by Anonymousreply 84Last Friday at 5:22 AM

^ has stripped

by Anonymousreply 85Last Friday at 5:26 AM

What I like about Maxima is that she appears to know she isn't a beauty but, somewhat like Camilla, just doesn't care and dresses however she likes and embraces her lack of taste as taste. It's a cheery Fuck You to the fashion police and she gets away with it because she's so enthusiastic, good at her job, and engaging.

She looks like the least self-conscious of most of the better known royals in Europe. And, interestingly, I would add Queen Margrethe to the list - she also knows she's no beauty but doesn't care, and takes her job seriously but not herself.

The result is lots of humour for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 86Last Friday at 5:50 AM

The Wessex family help pick up garbage at the seaside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87Yesterday at 5:54 AM

[quote]Prince Christian, 2nd in line to the Danish throne

Holy fuck, could he be any gayer??

by Anonymousreply 88Yesterday at 5:59 AM

Swipe for British "royal" brides through the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89Yesterday at 6:05 AM

Prince Charles of Luxembourg was christened this weekend. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90Yesterday at 6:08 AM

Prince Sverre is seriously chonky looking. Those little glasses don’t help, I don’t know where he gets that from as his parents and grandparents on both sides are slim, with the exception of The King who was slim and outdoorsy his whole life until he got bladder cancer and other health issues. Probably steroid bloat in The King’s case.

Prince Sverre also looks like he could be a behavior case, I don’t know why but I look at him and I see gym class bully. Luckily the throne goes to his sister Princess Ingrid.

I do have sympathy for the Glucksburg kids though, as their mother is slowly dying of a degenerative lung disease that has no cure or treatment. I think she has about 5 years left, at most.

by Anonymousreply 91Yesterday at 6:13 AM

Arthur Chatto, Princess Margaret's and Tony's grandson, seems happily thirsty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92Yesterday at 6:14 AM

Well, it's a great photo, anyway, at R92.

There's also this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93Yesterday at 6:16 AM

[quote]Prince Sverre is seriously chonky looking. Those little glasses don’t help, I don’t know where he gets that from

He resembles and takes after his paternal great-grandfater, King Olav.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94Yesterday at 6:20 AM

I guess King Olav got it from Queen Maud’s father King Edward VII, who was fat. Certainly didn’t get it from Queen Maud or King Haakon who were both toothpicks. Ok, mystery solved haha.

by Anonymousreply 95Yesterday at 6:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!