Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Foibles of Royals Returns - Part Whatever

So, what's the tea on Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark (son of ex-King Constatine and ex-Queen Anne-Marie of Greece (nee HRH Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark)?

Married five year to the very elegant blonde Tatiana, he's already 50 no children.

Is Tatiana a beard?

He's quite good-looking in a greasy suspicious sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 283November 23, 2020 12:41 AM

He's hot. Would do.

by Anonymousreply 1August 28, 2020 12:25 PM

Pics please

by Anonymousreply 2August 28, 2020 12:30 PM

The Greeks have word for it.

by Anonymousreply 3August 28, 2020 12:33 PM

Here's Prince Niki from Greece/Denmark:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 28, 2020 1:06 PM

This younger "Greek" prince seems to play for our team. He's dancing at the very beginning of this TikTok. His name is Achileas and I think I heard he wants to be an actor. GAY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 28, 2020 2:10 PM

More of prince Achileas, please!!!

by Anonymousreply 6August 29, 2020 1:49 AM

While not as flashy as her predecessor, Camilla is always beautifully dressed and coiffed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7September 2, 2020 3:20 PM

Nick's younger brother Prince Philippos is now engaged to his longtime girlfriend Nina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8September 2, 2020 3:26 PM

Swipe for new photos of the Danish Crown Prince and Princess with their four children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9September 2, 2020 3:28 PM

Four photos were released of Prince Nikolai of Denmark on this 21st birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10September 2, 2020 3:29 PM

What is it with some royals, but they have beautiful skin?

by Anonymousreply 11September 2, 2020 3:32 PM

R9, it is just me, or does Prince Christian, 2nd in line to the Danish throne behind is father Prince Frederk, look markedly different these days? There's just something so different-looking about him now.

Here's a photo of the prince about a year ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12September 2, 2020 4:03 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13September 2, 2020 4:03 PM

Well, he has more zits on his face. I think he's just going through an "awkward" adolescent phase.

by Anonymousreply 14September 2, 2020 5:53 PM

Christian's hair is longer than the older photo and if I'm not mistaken he had braces on his teeth in the past. His voice is probably changing and he's getting loads of testosterone spurting through his body. He'll be 15 in October so if he's not changing now, then when?

by Anonymousreply 15September 2, 2020 5:57 PM

R9 and others remarking on Prince Christian's new photos - he has obviously been going through a bad case of adolescent acne over the last year or so. It's too bad, but it will likely clear up, and he is on the verge of becoming the Catch of Europe (as you all know, I am reserving him for Princess Charlotte and the blockbuster Royal Wedding of the century when both parties ARE actually "royal" by birth and unite two of the premiere reigning Houses of Europe - I just need to live long enough to see it).

Christian looks more like his mother every day, and Princess Isabella, growing up fast, is getting prettier and looks very much like her father and grandmother, the Queen. Of the younger twins, Prince Vincent already looks personable and is already rather handsome in a twinkish way.

But the focus will be on the next Crown Prince once Margrethe dies or abdicates and Frederik and Mary take over, and if Christian doesn't turn chunky, he'll be the Big Catch in Europe - the next Prince William, if you will - not least because he's about the only future heir to the throne of his generation who is male.

by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2020 11:51 AM

Swipe for photos of a bearded Will and his family visiting the Queen at Balmoral along with Princess Anne and her family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2020 7:13 PM

How pretty Peter and Autumn Phillips' daughters look.

I'm sure Meghan looks at those photos and shudders thinking about what a weekend like that would be like for the-urban-to-her-soul L.A. hustler, ignoring the sensibilities of bonds being strengthened amongst family members, particularly the all-important head of the family, historic traditions - something that transcends pool lounging, dropping A-lister's names, and hustling in Hollywood.

But you have to wonder if furtive images arise in Harry, who until he married Meghan spent part of every summer of his life up at Balmoral, which sits on the some of the richest and most beautiful 40,000 acres in Britain, of he and his family as well as William and his family being greeted affectionately with the increasingly frail and bent-over grandmother.

by Anonymousreply 18September 4, 2020 12:08 PM

Odd that Peter and Autumn are both there at Balmoral considering they've announced that they're divorcing.

by Anonymousreply 19September 4, 2020 1:59 PM

Philip still striding around like a man half his age. Is it genes? diet? exercise?

by Anonymousreply 20September 4, 2020 2:25 PM

Philip is shockingly sturdy! I would think by this age and after all the health problems he had, he'd be bound to a wheelchair. Nope, dude still strolling around, looking fresh. Is it the good life? Most of these royals are incredibly long-lived.

As for the object of this thread - my top-notch gaydar says: yes, Niko is gay. So, so gay. And very handsome!

by Anonymousreply 21September 4, 2020 3:19 PM

Princess Martha Louise of Norway poses with her second daughter Leah. Leah's father Ari Behn committed suicide last Christmas. Is it me or does Leah Behn resemble Jennifer Aniston?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22September 4, 2020 8:45 PM

I think Leah is the prettiest daughter of Martha Louise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 4, 2020 8:46 PM

Last photo of Leah Isadora Behn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24September 4, 2020 8:46 PM

Leah's cousin Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway is pretty too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25September 4, 2020 8:49 PM

Camilla provided an opinion piece in The Guardian. I admire her willingness to attempt to address such a grim, but important topic.

[quote]For many in Britain, the lockdown of domestic abuse isn't over. But there is help

[quote]Report: ‘Reach in’ to help victims of domestic violence, urges Duchess of Cornwall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26September 5, 2020 5:12 AM

OP here - Agree on Prince Nikolaos - he's family.

by Anonymousreply 27September 5, 2020 1:20 PM

A woman's body was found in a pond near Kensington Palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 5, 2020 2:13 PM

What would we call a gay King's spouse?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29September 5, 2020 2:14 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30September 5, 2020 5:14 PM

Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway has been confirmed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31September 5, 2020 6:58 PM

Swipe for more photos of the Norwegian Royal Family at the Prince of Norway's confirmation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 5, 2020 7:03 PM

Mette-Marit and Haakon have a lovely family!

by Anonymousreply 33September 5, 2020 7:51 PM

R29, Princess Consort would work on all levels.

by Anonymousreply 34September 5, 2020 8:04 PM

Swipe for photos and details of Diana's funeral. It took place 23 years ago today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35September 6, 2020 3:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36September 6, 2020 8:51 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37September 7, 2020 4:07 PM

Princess Alexandra's grandson Alexander Ogilvie is quite the dish!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 7, 2020 4:39 PM

The Queen looks very hunched over at R17. Sometimes you forget she's 94.

Kate would look so much better if she cut her hair and ate a fucking sandwich or two.

by Anonymousreply 39September 7, 2020 10:04 PM

As the embedded article suggests, the title for a king regnant's husband could/should be king consort; the title for a queen regnant's wife could/should be queen consort. Then you would have His Majesty King Jamarcus and His Majesty Longines, King Consort. Easy peasy.

by Anonymousreply 40September 8, 2020 12:12 AM

R40– I think the UK will have abolished the monarchy long before there’s a King named “Jamarcus”

by Anonymousreply 41September 8, 2020 2:41 AM

Royal Cousins - the family genealogy of the Queen and Prince Philip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42September 8, 2020 1:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 8, 2020 6:08 PM

William is in Belfast today to thank Northern Ireland emergency responders during the pandemic. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 9, 2020 1:49 PM

You have to give Fergie her due: she never stops trying.

R38 - Considering how downright ugly his father is, young Alexander got lucky in the DNA department. His mother was what is called a "handome" woman in her youth - not cookie cutter pretty but distinguished looking with beautiful skin and bright blue eyes, with a tall slim figure.

But to me, Alexander, except for his fairness, seems to bear a strong resemblance to his handsome great-grandfather, Prince George, Duke of Kent, Queen Mary's and King Edward VII's youngest (surviving) son. George married the beautiful Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark. They were a glamourous couple. The Duke was killed in an airplane accident during WWII, leaving Marina a beautiful young widow with three young children - Cecil Beaton took a striking portrait of her shortly afterward.

Alexander, in my view, bears a striking resemblance to his great-grandfather, the only genuinely good-looking fellow amongst the sons of Edward and Mary. George (all right but nothing special), Edward (fey fey fey), Henry (dull)/

by Anonymousreply 45September 9, 2020 11:05 PM

Remember when Princess Stephanie of Monaco ran off and joined the circus? That was fun!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 9, 2020 11:18 PM

Princess Caroline's batshit husband arrested. Dementia or drunk and disorderly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 10, 2020 6:08 AM

Princess Tatiana of Greece and Denmark is the daughter of Ladislav "Ladi" Blatnik, a Slovenian playboy who used to be engaged to Natalie Wood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 10, 2020 6:15 AM

Prince George, Duke of Kent, was notorious for his string of affairs with both women and men and he was often alleged to have been a drug addict. Nonetheless his marriage with Marina appears to have been strong and he was a highly popular royal, both with the the public and inside the family.

by Anonymousreply 49September 10, 2020 11:13 AM

R47 - Caroline and Diana shared something: idiotic, self-destructive taste in men. Caroline's first husband was a nearly middle-aged playboy; her second husband was a reckless wastrel who had a mistress tucked away when he died in that horrible boating accident; and the third was the louche, corrupt Prince Ernst Augustus.

Diana did a bit better, but her pursuit of men she really couldn't marry after her divorce, and ending her life in the arms of that Papa's Puppet toy boy who couldn't go for a pee without calling his totally corrupt Da first came pretty close.

by Anonymousreply 50September 10, 2020 2:39 PM

R49 - The drug addiction was fact, not rumour. One of the only selfless things Edward VIII did before he took off for Wallis-Land was to lock his youngest brother in a room and nurse him off George's addiction. When the Abdication Crisis rolled around, the Duke of Kent's agony was acute, as he owed his brother for this, wanted to support him, but couldn't because it became clear that the monarchy had to line up against Edward for its own sake.

The bisexuality was also more than just rumoured. And, yes, the marriage with Marina appeared to be a genuine love match.

Marina was the only person to marry into the family in that generation who was a blood princess in her own right, and she wasn't above mentioning it now and then. She was heard to refer to the Duchess of York, Prince Albert's wife, as "that common little Scottish girl".

That changed the moment the ink was dry on the Abdication instrument, as the common little Scottish girl became Queen Consort of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and its Territories Beyond the Seas AND the last Empress of India.

by Anonymousreply 51September 10, 2020 2:45 PM

Looks like Princess Beatrice may be up the duff. Went shopping for baby clothes in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52September 11, 2020 10:49 AM

If Bea's up the duff it's still a little early to be buying baby clothes - she can't be more than three months along. Traditionally, you buy nothing until safely past the first trimester. They were only married in mid-July, not even two months ago.

I suppose it's possible she was pregnant, but that doesn't, somehow, seem like Bea.

For all we know, it's Eugenie who's up the duff and the clothes were a gift from soon to be Auntie Bea.

by Anonymousreply 53September 11, 2020 12:16 PM

Must say, Bea looks happy and peaceful in that photo. The look she used to carry around of trying too hard has gone. All she ever wanted was a handsome husband, a wedding, a couple of beautiful rings, and a family.

I hope Edo doesn't turn out to be the mountebank cad he always looked to be.

by Anonymousreply 54September 11, 2020 12:18 PM

Charles opens a virtual Braemar Games.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 12, 2020 1:38 PM

Diana's brother Charles Spencer talks about the trauma of their mother leaving the family when he was a child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56September 13, 2020 1:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 13, 2020 1:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58September 13, 2020 1:53 PM

This two royal cousins are rumored to be getting married this weekend. I believe they already have a child together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 13, 2020 2:02 PM

I wonder if Philip really did screw around on the Queen as much as has been rumoured. I'd rather think he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 60September 13, 2020 3:10 PM

R59, it is the family tradition after all. They are second cousins, as are their parents.

by Anonymousreply 61September 13, 2020 3:12 PM

@R59 - the Archduchess and the Prince did get married this weekend. Swipe for photos of the dress and sapphire tiara.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 13, 2020 7:24 PM

The groom looks like a Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 63September 13, 2020 8:49 PM

Wow. He really does.

by Anonymousreply 64September 14, 2020 1:38 AM

R62 - The wedding ensemble is beautiful in a classic, understated aristo sort of way, and the groom is good-looking, but one look at the bride and one utters a prayer for any progeny. She looks barely this side of "special".

by Anonymousreply 65September 14, 2020 11:58 AM

R60 - I think Philip may have screwed around a bit but not nearly as much as legend would have it.

The odd thing about your basic "man's man", which is what Philip is, is that they don't really value the company of women much. They're much happier in the company of other men. I doubt he'd have needed that much sex as time went on, and a more verifiable legend is that once she got the taste for it, his pretty young bride couldn't get enough of it. Appearances to the contrary, the young Princess Elizabeth (remember all that passion for horses stuff - she's a countrywoman at heart and country people tend not to be squeamish about sex or death) loved sex.

So I think the rumours are overplayed for tabloid fodder.

by Anonymousreply 66September 14, 2020 12:01 PM

r66, I agree. I know Pat Kirkwood spoke of how accusations of an affair with Philip blighted her life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 14, 2020 1:23 PM

Letters found after her death indicated no affair occured. She was the woman mostly linked to rumours of his infidelity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 14, 2020 1:27 PM

Photos from Kate's pandemic project Hold Still.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 14, 2020 2:00 PM

The Queen's message of support for Kate's project.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 14, 2020 2:02 PM

The pandemic has taken a toll on the Royal Palaces. Layoffs are ahead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 14, 2020 2:04 PM

Thirty eight years ago today, the world lost Her Serene Highness Princess Grace of Monaco. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 14, 2020 2:26 PM

R72 - Is that long ago?! I was in New York visiting friends who kindly took me to the Metropolitan Opera in Lincoln Centre, and the news filtered through the theatre about fifteen minutes before curtain. As it did so, you could hear the buzz of pre-curtain chatting suddenly subside into shocked murmurs.

by Anonymousreply 73September 15, 2020 12:37 PM

Will & Kate visit a Brick Lane bakery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 15, 2020 6:33 PM

Crown Princess Elisabeth of Belgium has begun her military training. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75September 16, 2020 2:40 PM

Kate with impish and adorable Louis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76September 16, 2020 2:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77September 16, 2020 4:45 PM

Swipe for photos of Queen Maxima of the Netherlands at the opening of parliament.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78September 16, 2020 5:18 PM

Photos of Maxima in a chic outfit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79September 16, 2020 5:19 PM

More photos of Kate and Louis. He's going to be a looker when he grows up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80September 16, 2020 5:27 PM

😲 Queen Maxima looks like Mrs. Big Bird in formal wear. Who let her leave the palace in that? 😂

by Anonymousreply 81September 17, 2020 2:21 AM

Love Kate’s outfit at r80

by Anonymousreply 82September 18, 2020 1:11 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 18, 2020 1:15 PM

As for the comment above about James Middleton cancelling hsi wedding twice over the summer, wow - I always assumed he was gay! He's a total cub.

by Anonymousreply 84September 18, 2020 1:22 PM

^ has stripped

by Anonymousreply 85September 18, 2020 1:26 PM

What I like about Maxima is that she appears to know she isn't a beauty but, somewhat like Camilla, just doesn't care and dresses however she likes and embraces her lack of taste as taste. It's a cheery Fuck You to the fashion police and she gets away with it because she's so enthusiastic, good at her job, and engaging.

She looks like the least self-conscious of most of the better known royals in Europe. And, interestingly, I would add Queen Margrethe to the list - she also knows she's no beauty but doesn't care, and takes her job seriously but not herself.

The result is lots of humour for the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 86September 18, 2020 1:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2020 1:54 PM

[quote]Prince Christian, 2nd in line to the Danish throne

Holy fuck, could he be any gayer??

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2020 1:59 PM

Swipe for British "royal" brides through the years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2020 2:05 PM

Prince Charles of Luxembourg was christened this weekend. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2020 2:08 PM

Prince Sverre is seriously chonky looking. Those little glasses don’t help, I don’t know where he gets that from as his parents and grandparents on both sides are slim, with the exception of The King who was slim and outdoorsy his whole life until he got bladder cancer and other health issues. Probably steroid bloat in The King’s case.

Prince Sverre also looks like he could be a behavior case, I don’t know why but I look at him and I see gym class bully. Luckily the throne goes to his sister Princess Ingrid.

I do have sympathy for the Glucksburg kids though, as their mother is slowly dying of a degenerative lung disease that has no cure or treatment. I think she has about 5 years left, at most.

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2020 2:13 PM

Arthur Chatto, Princess Margaret's and Tony's grandson, seems happily thirsty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2020 2:14 PM

Well, it's a great photo, anyway, at R92.

There's also this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2020 2:16 PM

[quote]Prince Sverre is seriously chonky looking. Those little glasses don’t help, I don’t know where he gets that from

He resembles and takes after his paternal great-grandfater, King Olav.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 20, 2020 2:20 PM

I guess King Olav got it from Queen Maud’s father King Edward VII, who was fat. Certainly didn’t get it from Queen Maud or King Haakon who were both toothpicks. Ok, mystery solved haha.

by Anonymousreply 95September 20, 2020 2:30 PM

R90 - Good Lord, Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg looks like she put on enough baby weight to sink the Queen Mary. That photo of her from the back with the baby's face smiling over her shoulder (the baby is adorable) is certainly one for the books. Why not sleeves, for fuck's sake?!

Prince Christian of Denmark doesn't look remotely gay to me. He looks just like his mother, but other than that I don't know what you're looking at.

If anyone in the DRF looks gay, it's Prince Joachim's (Christian's uncle) younger son, Prince Felix - Citizen of Twinkdom and looking, it is said, to follow his older brother, Prince Nikolai, into "modelling".

by Anonymousreply 96September 21, 2020 10:34 PM

The Hereditary Grand Duke shouldn’t have shaved his beard, he looks like such a dork without it. That beard was his one macho feature, now he looks like a perpetually grinning idiot. Also, he and Stephanie have gained weight but check out his brother, WTF happened to him? What a shit show of blubber.

by Anonymousreply 97September 22, 2020 3:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98September 22, 2020 1:54 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99September 22, 2020 2:12 PM

William and Kate are two people who dare the minimum required of their station to keep everyone somewhat happy and content.

The British Tabloid Media will eventually turn on them.

by Anonymousreply 100September 22, 2020 2:18 PM

R100 - who dare the minimum

should read: who do the bare minimum

Sorry for the typo

by Anonymousreply 101September 22, 2020 2:20 PM

GD Stephanie of Luxembourg allegedly went through lengthy fertility treatment to become pregnant, and those can result if big weight gains so I'd give her a pass. She and Guillaume look thrilled with the baby, in every photo with him they look like they're walking on air.

The hot seems to have left Prince Felix however. He was by far the better looking brother in that family.

by Anonymousreply 102September 22, 2020 6:20 PM

I think Will and Kate do a pretty good job. And I don't for a second think either of them are not truly interested in the charities they support. For all their privileges, their lives are basically that of show ponies. Wouldn't want that kind of life myself but I think if they didn't find some larger purpose to what they were doing and approach work that way, they would he hopelessly depressed and probably alcoholic or worse. I give them a lot of credit actually. Who wants to live under the microscope they do? Criticism at every turn and god forbid they ever got the trots or something. I mean, it's really no way to live.

by Anonymousreply 103September 22, 2020 6:25 PM

R102 I’m certain she had to get fertility treatments but she’s porked up considerably AFTER having the baby. She was never thin, but whoa, I’m actually shocked looking at her recent photos. Put the fork down, girlfriend! The whole Lux family has become incredibly fug in just the last few years. And they take the cake for being workshy.

by Anonymousreply 104September 22, 2020 7:10 PM

R102 - Felix is barely 18 so I'm not sure how the hot left so soon. He looks like his father only with better teeth; the older brother, Nikolai, is the one I always preferred for looks. Nikolai gets his sultry expression (he looks a bit like Aidan Turner) from his Anglo-Chinese mother, who was quite lovely in her youth, and very petite (in heels she bare came up to Joachim's shoulder) - both sons luckily got their height from their Nordic papa.

by Anonymousreply 105September 22, 2020 7:38 PM

This Instagram account has an idea of how Princess Charlotte will look when she gets older. What do you think?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 22, 2020 8:57 PM

Charlotte looks like. horsey smarty-pants. I guarantee the other girls won’t like her.

Charlotte, behold your future face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 22, 2020 11:18 PM

I really hope the Cambridge kids don't get the horsey Windsor teeth. But, yeah, she does look a lot like the young Lady Sarah who had a window of good looks like many of her cousins. Charlotte has the Middleton genes to hopefully dilute the equine issues.

by Anonymousreply 108September 23, 2020 12:58 AM

And, BTW, Lady Sarah has the reputation for being a lovely person despite having a repellant set of parents.

by Anonymousreply 109September 23, 2020 1:03 AM

I thought Lady Sarah's prominent teeth came from her father, not her mother's side of the family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110September 23, 2020 1:08 AM

r105 I was referring to Felix of Luxembourg, not Denmark in r102. He was by far the handsomest of the Luxembourg princes, imo.

by Anonymousreply 111September 23, 2020 7:06 AM

R106 - It's a surprisingly persuasive attempt. And the resemblance to her cousin, Lady Sarah Chatto, is quite pronounced, but more proportionately than Lady Sarah's very piquant, Gigi-ish look.

R109 - Yes, I agree. Lady Sarah is alleged to be very close to the Queen, her Aunt Lilibet. She has kept well out of the limelight and lived a mostly private life, to her credit.

It's odd that Lady Sarah and the York girls have escaped the bizarre character traits of their collective parents. The worst you can say about Bea and Yuge is that they're dull, slack, and dress so badly it beggars imagination. The worst you can say about Lady Sarah is that she often goes braless when she shouldn't.

Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 112September 23, 2020 12:42 PM

R108 - Charlotte may have lots of Middleton genes, but in that Father's Day photo released with William and the three kids, Charlotte with her arm draped around his shoulder, show that the lucky girl got her legs straight from Diana Spencer.

It's really annoying.

by Anonymousreply 113September 23, 2020 12:45 PM

Bea viewing her wedding dress on display at Windsor Castle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114September 23, 2020 5:26 PM

I like the dress better when QEII wore it. The alternations for Beatrice actually took away from the design of the dress.

by Anonymousreply 115September 23, 2020 6:14 PM

Too bad they didn't restore HM dress to its original appearance after the unfortunate "wedding" alterations. They were terrible. Actually, she should have had an evening wedding and just wore it fitted to her but left as was.

by Anonymousreply 116September 23, 2020 6:50 PM

A nice photo of Lady Louise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117September 24, 2020 1:45 PM

After the Charlotte prediction @ R106 and now here is the older George prediction. He looks a bit like Will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118September 24, 2020 2:00 PM

Accurate or not, those are really good photoshop renditions.

by Anonymousreply 119September 24, 2020 2:55 PM

I would like to see the handsome Prince Louis prediction. I think he's the best looking of the Cambridge children.

by Anonymousreply 120September 24, 2020 2:56 PM

Princess Eugenie is expecting a baby early next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121September 25, 2020 11:06 AM

Yes, as suspected, Yuge is up the duff!

Well, we can start on name predictions, and given the horrific Dress DNA the York girls inherited, we can also look forward to some truly, er, memorable maternity wear.

I expect Bea to follow suit within a few months.

First guesses on names: Girl - Victoria Sarah; Boy: Arthur Andrew

The baby will not, of course, be remotely royal nor even aristocratic: no title, plain Mr or Miss Brooksbank.

by Anonymousreply 122September 25, 2020 11:50 AM

I think Eugenie will play it quite safe with baby names. I can see her going with Elizabeth if it's a girl, to play up the fact that no matter how scandal-ridden her father is, she's still the Queen's granddaughter.

If Beatrice gets pregnant, I wouldn't be surprised if she goes with something crazily royal, such as Guinevere or Boudicca.

by Anonymousreply 123September 25, 2020 12:15 PM

Wills with beard looks like young Edward VII. Hanoverian genes rule out in that one.

by Anonymousreply 124September 25, 2020 12:52 PM

Charlotte @R106 and George @R118 have nothing on the prediction for an older Louis here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125September 25, 2020 3:11 PM

R125 - I always thought Louis looks like Michael Middleton.

by Anonymousreply 126September 25, 2020 3:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 25, 2020 4:52 PM

Holy sh*t Louis looks like George Michael circa 1985 at r125! I like these aging mock-ups, more please.

by Anonymousreply 128September 25, 2020 5:18 PM

Princess Charlene of Monaco - love the dress, hate the hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129September 25, 2020 5:42 PM

R123 - No, if Bea has a daughter she will seize the opportunity to give the child a romantic Italianiate name to honour her husband's ancestry.

Alessandra, which would honour in the Italian fashion one of the Queen's middle names and Bea's great-great-great grandmother, Queen Alexandra, would be a strong bet in my view.

Sophia would be a very strong trendy bet in my opinion - for a daughter of both York girls.

by Anonymousreply 130September 25, 2020 6:39 PM

I personally LOVE Charlene's flapper-style Louise Brooks bob. I'd love to see how it looks on her without the mask, so to see her face.

by Anonymousreply 131September 25, 2020 6:57 PM

I also love bobbed hair and short bangs but generally on women who are less classically beautiful, whose faces are more distinctive.

by Anonymousreply 132September 25, 2020 7:23 PM

Photo of Charlene sans mask - love the deep red lip, perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 25, 2020 8:12 PM

The Queen of Norway drives her own car to visit The King in the hospital???

by Anonymousreply 134September 26, 2020 2:47 AM

I hated Charlene’s hair for a minute and now I love it

by Anonymousreply 135September 26, 2020 2:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136September 26, 2020 1:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137September 26, 2020 1:12 PM

Kensington Palace has released new photos of the Cambridge family with Sir David Attenborough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 27, 2020 1:03 PM

Willnot and Cannot have a huge apartment, I wonder if they are going to take over the Gloucester space?

As for the Gloucester’s, they’re still technically in Kensington Palace.

by Anonymousreply 139September 27, 2020 2:28 PM

Those new pics of the Cambridges are sweet. Imagine being George's age and getting that megalodon tooth!! Wow!! And George has graduated to pants instead of the Victorian shorts.

by Anonymousreply 140September 27, 2020 3:22 PM

R139 I think W&K have taken over the Gloucester’s apartment and plan to turn it into office space.

by Anonymousreply 141September 27, 2020 10:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 28, 2020 8:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143September 29, 2020 1:00 PM

Kuwait's Emir has died at age 91.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144September 29, 2020 3:01 PM

Princess Anne visited a prison. I think she'd make a great prison warden. LOL.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145September 30, 2020 1:50 PM

that’s WardRESS

by Anonymousreply 146September 30, 2020 2:33 PM

Charles and Camilla are in Northern Ireland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147September 30, 2020 4:43 PM

R147 - Camilla does not look well in that picture. I hope all is ok with Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 148September 30, 2020 5:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 30, 2020 9:09 PM

New book of Prince Philip by Ingrid Seward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150October 1, 2020 2:05 PM

Buckingham Palace has cancelled all investitures and receptions for the remainder of 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151October 1, 2020 3:01 PM

Princess Alexandra's granddaughter, Flora Ogilvy, quietly married Timothy Vesterberg in September.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152October 1, 2020 3:51 PM

Edward and Sophie visited one of the oldest city farms in London.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153October 1, 2020 3:53 PM

Will and Kate talk to people on Kangaroo Island in Australia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154October 1, 2020 3:54 PM

Flora looked lovely, I love that simple off-white dress.

by Anonymousreply 155October 1, 2020 4:00 PM

Flora looks very pretty, and her understated wedding dress reminds me of Lady Sarah Chatto's.

by Anonymousreply 156October 1, 2020 4:27 PM

Flora says she was married at the Chapel Royal at St James. Is that a public venue or did she need the Queen's approval to marry there?

by Anonymousreply 157October 1, 2020 5:04 PM

JUST IN: Delphine Boël is now HRH Princess Delphine of Belgium. She's King Albert II's daughter from an extramarital affair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 1, 2020 5:37 PM

This is a photo of the new Princess Delphine of Belgium. She even resembles her father, former King Albert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159October 1, 2020 5:41 PM

Apparently the law in Belgium which defined the royal family as descendants of Albert II didn't specify "legitimate" offspring. Oops! She got the title on a technicality.

I believe the existing UK Letters Patent of 1917 that still cover the UK royals and their titles/ranks specifies that it applies to legitimate children only.

by Anonymousreply 160October 1, 2020 6:35 PM

what’s the point of being a Princess of Belgium if the rest of the family doesn’t accept you? and doesn’t King Philippe have the ‘fount of honours’ as many of his counterparts have, and can deny his bastard half sister her the HRH?

by Anonymousreply 161October 1, 2020 10:13 PM

[quote]and doesn’t King Philippe have the ‘fount of honours’ as many of his counterparts have, and can deny his bastard half sister her the HRH?

I don't believe so, Belgium has a more organized and formal system of honors iirc.

After following this story for some time, I believe Delphine genuinely feels hurt and wants some recognition from Albert. She hasn't received any so is acting out in this manner. Albert's son Laurent allegedly visited her several years ago to meet with her, but I never heard about any outcome of that meeting.

by Anonymousreply 162October 1, 2020 10:50 PM

Bea and Edo out and about in London town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 2, 2020 3:48 PM

The Cambridge kids ask Sir David Attenborough questions and their accents are adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 3, 2020 1:50 PM

oh god, cuteness overload

by Anonymousreply 165October 3, 2020 2:01 PM

Prince Charles’ secret meeting with uncle left royal horrified – ‘It was so tragic’ | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

Interesting footnote to history

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166October 3, 2020 10:47 PM

supposedly Charles told someone that Wallis was “a dreadful woman” and when pressed why he said “well, because my grandmother SAID so!”

by Anonymousreply 167October 4, 2020 3:26 AM

Charles' visit with his Uncle David was not "secret."

by Anonymousreply 168October 4, 2020 3:35 AM

Holy shit. The same person keeps posting over and over about the same boring shit.

by Anonymousreply 169October 4, 2020 3:49 AM

Last month, Prince Frederick Alexander von Preussen (a great-great-great-great-grandson of Queen Victoria) married Antalya Nall-Cain (daughter of the 3rd Baron Brocket). I like the bride's ensemble.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170October 4, 2020 2:22 PM

Charles is in Kuwait after the death of the Emir.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 4, 2020 6:15 PM

The tiara worn at the wedding @R170.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 4, 2020 7:10 PM

The Queen sends the highest representation to the middle east, because that’s where the money is.

If The Emir were The Prince of Liechtenstein, she’d have sent a Kent.

by Anonymousreply 173October 5, 2020 12:10 AM

[quote]The Queen sends the highest representation to the middle east

Bwhahahaha! You think The Queen makes these decisions? About the only decision is that she likely has in this case is that either she goes, or Charles goes. The Royals are there for the use of the government.

by Anonymousreply 174October 5, 2020 12:14 AM

doesn’t change my opinion on kissing the ass of middle eastern oil despots.

by Anonymousreply 175October 5, 2020 12:19 AM

Bad example r173, since the Prince of Liechtenstein is one of the wealthiest men in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 176October 5, 2020 3:46 AM

R174 - You're right: the Foreign Office makes these decisions, and the Queen and the royals involved carry them out. People like to pretend the royals are useless, but the government knows exactly how useful they are and has no intention of parting with them any time soon.

That's why Harry and Meghan launching their lawsuits and making their tearful Pity Us! documentary against the backdrop of one of the poorest countries in the world was so tone-deaf and so appalling: they were there on government business and simply didn't care, felt no sense of responsibility to anyone but themselves.

Does anyone think Kate and William wanted to head out to Pakistan for a week, with Kate changing her clothes three times a day for a week straight, smiling at everyone 24/7, and meanwhile hoping privately that the intense security the visit required held up?

by Anonymousreply 177October 5, 2020 12:52 PM

The Queen has thanked the media for their coverage during the pandemic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 5, 2020 1:12 PM

Damn, R170, that's one skinny couple!

by Anonymousreply 179October 5, 2020 1:44 PM

I adore The Queen.

by Anonymousreply 180October 5, 2020 4:55 PM

Will visits children and "Bughingham" Palace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 5, 2020 8:59 PM

R177 What’s there not to like about those trips? Going to exotic locales on private jets or first class, a coterie of staff catering to your every whim, access to the highest government officials, sites and palaces, fancy dinners with amazing local cuisine, sightseeing trips to the Himalayas and historic Mughal sites (as was the case in Pakistan), handmade or designer outfits, meet and greets with locals proudly showing their achievements and projects, professional photography to capture it all...give me that life anyday!

by Anonymousreply 182October 6, 2020 12:42 AM

R182 - You don't say. And, as we all know, powerful government officials who are only interested in their photo ops with you, and fancy dinners with cuisine that may turn your stomach and during which you have to listen to endless boring speeches whilst everyone watches every mouthful you transfer from your plate to your lips, and sight-seeing under a schedule where you see only what your hosts allow you to see and during which photographers watch every expression on your face, and you have to wear what the local custom demands . . . and knowing all the while that you are a primo terrorist target in a country whose military is still heavily infiltrated with Taliban influence.

The royals hadn't been to Pakistan in 11 years and the last visit ended with frayed relations which Kate and William were there to repair, which they did extremely well.

Sure, it is just like being on holiday.

by Anonymousreply 183October 6, 2020 12:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184October 6, 2020 1:52 PM

The Duchess of Gloucester talks to people on World Cerebral Palsy Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 6, 2020 2:05 PM

Kate visits the University of Derby.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 6, 2020 2:10 PM

The former Greek royal family are the very epitome of "Euro Trash." The ex-King trades in on his ties to his British cousins. His eldest son married purely for money. His father-in-law -- the "Duty-Free King" -- was an infamous philanderer with men.

And now we have their teen-aged spawn dabbling and flaunting their ill-gotten gains on TikTok.

Euro Trash!

by Anonymousreply 187October 6, 2020 2:35 PM

Royals on official visits don’t get served food that would “turn their stomachs” at official banquets. There’s sniffy protocol officers that make sure everything is according to their needs. For example, Queen Elizabeth is never allowed to be served cheese or grapes, and is only to be served the bottled water she brings herself. Middle Eastern monarchs are never served alcohol when they visit, only juices. Obviously never any pork. If Kate’s stomach gets turned it’s because of her eating disorder, not because she doesn’t like the regal food set before her.

by Anonymousreply 188October 6, 2020 3:30 PM

[quote]Middle Eastern monarchs are never served alcohol when they visit, only juices.

R188 is right, but one of the caveats is that Middle Eastern monarchs and their royal representatives are not served alcohol in public settings. Most of them drink behind the doors and in private settings. and some of the finest cellars and liquor collections in the world are in Saudi Arabia and neighboring countries.

Also, as everyone knows, the queen and other royals are never served shellfish except from their own kitchens, and are not served tomato sauce, garlic or onions. They also are not served rare meats, the queen preferring well-done steaks and the other royals being spared issues with rarity. The Princess Royal does not drink alcohol at table, being famous for her orange juice. Charles forbids foie gras.

by Anonymousreply 189October 6, 2020 4:49 PM

I read that Meghan insisted on a pork free menu for her wedding lunch, because the black American celebrities she invited don’t eat pork.

by Anonymousreply 190October 6, 2020 4:57 PM

I have never met a black American who didn't eat pork and wouldn't trust any of them who did.

by Anonymousreply 191October 6, 2020 6:56 PM

No pork on my fork!!!!

by Anonymousreply 192October 6, 2020 7:17 PM

Prince Charles of Luxembourg is a cute baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193October 6, 2020 8:16 PM

she had enough trouble getting sperminated by The Hereditary Grand Duke, it’s a treat that they have a gorgeous male heir.

by Anonymousreply 194October 6, 2020 8:50 PM

R193 - He certainly is - looks a proper Mum's dream chubby-cheeked charmer.

by Anonymousreply 195October 6, 2020 10:49 PM

Sure, R193 and R195 (ugh).

And everyone else who loves the sight of bald-faced lemurs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 7, 2020 2:19 AM

Interesting tidbit re the titles issue: a petition was submitted to Parliament requesting that the Harkles' titles and HRHs be removed. Parliament rejected the petition, but gave as an excuse that these are questions for HMTQ to decide.

I wonder if we've all been wrong about only Parliament being able to remove Harry's title - it is, after all, not a "hereditary" peerage, in that he did not inherit his ducal title, it was a gift from the Queen, and therefore is not subject to the Titles Deprivation Act of 1917? It's unlikely Parliament would be mistaken on this. That is to say, only Parliament could remove, e.g., the ducal titles of Gloucester and Kent, as the current dukes inherited those titles from their fathers, grandfathers, etc.

But Harry did not inherit the Sussex title from anyone: he received it as a gift just a few years ago.

If so, this means the Queen really could strip the Sussexes of everything: their HRHs and the Sussex title. The only thing she can't do is boot him out of the succession: only Parliament can do that.

by Anonymousreply 197October 7, 2020 12:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198October 7, 2020 12:56 PM

"it is, after all, not a "hereditary" peerage"

Yes it is. Archie will inherit the Dukedom of Sussex. ALL peerages and honors are in the gift of the monarch.

"Parliament rejected the petition, but gave as an excuse that these are questions for HMTQ to decide"

Parliament does not want to get involved with the petty squabbles of The House of Windsor. Parliament used HMTQ as an "excuse" not to get involved.

by Anonymousreply 199October 7, 2020 12:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 7, 2020 1:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 7, 2020 1:40 PM

I wonder if the Daily Mail online will be blocked again in Thailand...

by Anonymousreply 202October 7, 2020 2:52 PM

R198 Charming bosom=push up bra

by Anonymousreply 203October 7, 2020 4:27 PM

R203 - It's quite obviously not a push-up bra, the shape is nothing like - you can always tell when a woman is wearing a push-up: the fullness is all at the top and the result looks like two muffins floating in mid-air.

by Anonymousreply 204October 7, 2020 7:32 PM

Prof Higgins at r197: facts are, the Queen can remove the HRH honorific and Princely title/rank at anytime, from anyone in the BRF. The monarch is the "font of honour" in the UK and reserves this right, which has been exercised several times during QEII's reign. She does NOT require Parliament's permission to use it.

Harry knows this, he would be schooled in this reality from birth, esp from when his mother's HRH was stripped back in the 90s. He knows she has the power to remove this.

She can exercise this right in three ways: by Letters Patent (LP); by royal warrant; and by simple statement or declaration. I've seen some argue that a fully official 'removal' of title/rank should be completed by LP in order to be fully 'legal', but the fact is TQ has often simply stated her declarations in this area and they've stuck; it's doubtful a legal challenge would hold up (witness Parliament's current deferral to her).

The Sussex dukedom is arguably another story; some debate that only Parliament would be able to remove it, some argue not. If TQ can create and grant noble titles, why wouldn't the opposite hold and she be able to remove them? Esp if they're her own creation and gift during her lifetime, such as to one of her family. This issue has not been tested, but might be with Harry or Andrew.

Succession - the really important issue for any royal, not titles - is fixed at birth by law and absolutely would require action of Parliament to alter in any way.

by Anonymousreply 205October 7, 2020 7:47 PM

[quote]"it is, after all, not a "hereditary" peerage"

I believe R197 misspoke and meant to say it's not an "inherited peerage", in the sense that Harry is the 1st Duke of Sussex of this creation and didn't inherit it from a male family member. It was a dukedom gifted from his grandmother.

It is of course a hereditary peerage, able to be inherited by his heirs.

by Anonymousreply 206October 7, 2020 7:50 PM

The women of the royal family don’t wear their breasts up for some reason. They follow the style of the queen and wear them flattened to the body and somewhat spread out.

by Anonymousreply 207October 7, 2020 9:21 PM

R190 I've never met a black American who did not eat port. What's the source of your post?

by Anonymousreply 208October 7, 2020 9:27 PM

R205, "succession" is not the most important consideration for "any" royal. Succession matters only to those in line or adjacent (in the event of a mishap). For others it is a fait accompli.

ALL royals care about precedence, however, which mostly is set but which the monarch may alter or define, as when QEII placed Andrew's daughters before the wife of William (when Catherine is not accompanied by her husband).

To some, this smacked of blood-favoritism because the Duchess of Cambridge is married to the son of the heir. On the other hand, Catherine is apt to be Princess of Wales before her dotage, when Charles succeeds, and the relative brevity of her lowliness may be forgotten.

R208, port is not eaten. It is drunk.

by Anonymousreply 209October 8, 2020 2:09 AM

R190 - Meghan provided a vegan menu for the (probably no more than 10) guests of vegan persuasion. It had nothing to do with pork, per se. It's not as if she had 50 observant Muslim and Jewish guests at the wedding.

But the dinner did give rise to another of the (never contradicted) stories about how early Meghan showed her unfitness for royal life: she went to taste the samples and screamed that she could taste egg in one of the dishes and started reaming out the chef. Turned out the chef had simply found a really good egg substitute, and the Queen herself had to take Meghan aside and say, "Meghan, dear, we don't talk to people like that here."

This appeared in Jobson's biography of Charles, released as Charles turned seventy.

There are no reports on whether or not Meghan apologised to the chef.

by Anonymousreply 210October 8, 2020 12:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211October 8, 2020 12:57 PM

I'm sure it enrages Meghan that Kate is wearing so many pieces that were associated with Diana, starting with the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara. All Meghan really got was the large and rather tacky aquamarine ring that Diana substituted for her engagement ring after the divorce. And it's really too big for Meghan as she is a much shorter and smaller-boned woman than Diana was.

There are rumours circulating that Meghan took off with some pieces of Diana's jewellery that she was only leant, not given, but don't quote me on that.

But along with so much else that bothered Meghan, Kate's access to major royal collection pieces must have really irked Meghan.

It doesn't seem to have occurred to Meghan that if she'd stayed on and made the remotest effort at recognising what the role of a constitutional monarchy was, and her place within it, she would have been loaned tiaras and suitable jewellery for state occasions, foreign royal weddings, etc., just as Sophie Wessex and Sarah Ferguson and the Duchesses and Kent and Gloucester were.

Instead, Meghan flounced out after less than 80 days of real work screaming about how victimised she was compared to Kate, who stayed the course, did the job she was really brought in to do, and after 7 or 8 years got to wear the family orders and sashes, increasingly splendid jewellery, etc.

Meghan's vision is so limited and short-term; it's her weakest characteristic.

Every attempt, from the Scobie to the Lacey book to the nasty stories Meghan and her PR and her friends leaked to the press has done absolutely nothing to damage the UK public's affection for the Cambridges. In the end, it all ricoscheted and made Scobie and Lacey and the Sussexes look bad.

And there's William on all the front pages with his Earthshot prize, his universally positively reviewed two-year documentary, and the Cambridges acting as Heads of State to the President of Ukraine and his wife.

The Sussexes and their handmaidens never seem to learn from their mistakes; it is regrettable to see a once-respected journalist-biographer like Robert Lacey (who, remember, also works for Netflix as a consultant on "The Crown") lower his standards to become one of those handmaidens.

by Anonymousreply 212October 8, 2020 1:15 PM

"f TQ can create and grant noble titles, why wouldn't the opposite hold and she be able to remove them?"

R205 - The Magna Carta. One of the original points of the Magna Carta was to prevent the monarch from destroying the titled aristocracy and landed gentry by seizing titles, lands and personal wealth.

by Anonymousreply 213October 8, 2020 1:16 PM

"Every attempt, from the Scobie to the Lacey book to the nasty stories Meghan and her PR and her friends leaked to the press has done absolutely nothing to damage the UK public's affection for the Cambridges. In the end, it all ricocheted and made Scobie and Lacey and the Sussexes look bad."

R212 - I must respectfully disagree. I think the Lacey book has done damage to William as the book pubically confirmed a portrait of William's personality that many believed always existed.

by Anonymousreply 214October 8, 2020 1:29 PM

I quite like Meghan's aforementioned aquamarine ring. I can see how someone would think it's tacky, but it's also quite striking.

by Anonymousreply 215October 8, 2020 1:36 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216October 8, 2020 3:20 PM

[quote][R212] - I must respectfully disagree. I think the Lacey book has done damage to William as the book pubically confirmed a portrait of William's personality that many believed always existed.

That yes, but it also makes H&M look like shit. Harry especially, in excerpts, comes off as an incompetent, stupid, pettily jealous child who blames his older brother for every stupid thing he's ever done or encountered.

Confirming much of what's been said already about him, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 217October 8, 2020 8:38 PM

R215 - I'll agree that "tacky" was perhaps a bit harsh - but it is really huge, and the second really big ring that Diana chose for herself, the first, of course, being the sapphire and diamond engagement ring now worn by Kate.

But the thing is, Diana was a big girl and Meghan isn't. Diana could carry it. I thought it looked awful on Meghan as she drove to her reception in the McCartney gown. And so far as I know, that was the only time Meghan ever wore it. My guess is, she was leant it for the wedding reception and then she gave it back. And the Cartier tank watch she wears is hers, as well, not Diana's.

I think Meghan got very little of anything that Diana wore. Kate is wearing far more of Diana's things, not just the engagement ring, but pieces of the staggering Saudi sapphire and diamond suite that was a wedding gift to Diana, and, of course, the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara, which is part off the royal collection, not Diana's personally, but always associated with her. The Queen has also leant her huge pieces from the collection for state banquets.

Wait till Charles dies and Kate takes her place next to William on the throne, and she starts showing up in the Vladimir, the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland, the Burma Ruby, the Fringe, the Kokoshnik . . .

by Anonymousreply 218October 8, 2020 11:47 PM

I think anything that Diana was gifted while POW is probably available for Kate’s use only. Anything Diana acquired after divorce, or owned prior to marriage, was probably left to Harry and is available to Meghan.

Just speculating, but it makes sense to me.

by Anonymousreply 219October 9, 2020 12:57 AM

Diana's aquamarine is a ring and bracelet set. Lovely!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 9, 2020 2:44 AM

Sophie Wessex was exposed to Covid and now is in isolation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221October 9, 2020 1:10 PM

King Harald of Norway had successful heart surgery today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222October 9, 2020 1:13 PM

The Queen's cousin, Edward, Duke of Kent is 85 years old today. He's still active in royal duties. Swipe for photos of his life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223October 9, 2020 1:39 PM

R213, your spirit is fine, but your facts are not. Magna Carta was not aimed at protecting those directly within the royal purview from royal prerogatives. It protected and protects, in some ways, the status of the barons and others whose positions did not derive and were maintained specifically from royal power.

The royal dukedoms and earldoms (as with Wessex) are a special category of entitlement. They derive from the Crown and are dependent on the Crown through time. Note, please, the precedents in suspending the royal titles of Duke of Albany, Duke of Brunswick, Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale and Viscount Taaffe of Corren and Baron of Ballymote in 1917. In this case a committee of the Privy Council and Parliament conducted the process. This process combined royal and civil authorities because of the political nature of the cases.

However, what the queen gives to her family she may take away, as the various royal family titles are hers exclusively to manage. She would not and will not, but she could snap her gloved fingers in a muffled manor and strip Andrew of his York title, and could do the same with her grandson.

In a different area, knighthoods and royal orders may be revoked, and have been. Such titles are revoked on the recommendation of the Honours Forfeiture Committee, but that does not preclude the monarch from acting personally.

by Anonymousreply 224October 9, 2020 1:53 PM

R219 - William got Diana's Cartier watch and her sapphire ring.

by Anonymousreply 225October 9, 2020 2:58 PM

R224 - Thanks for your post on the Magna Carta.

by Anonymousreply 226October 9, 2020 3:02 PM

The Kent family is fucking boring and irrelevant, I can’t wait for Charles to retire them. His mother’s cousins, feh. That kind of privilege extended to relatives so far away from the succession is everything people hate about monarchies. Better to keep the focus on the sovereign and her descendants, and not the GRANDCHILDREN of a long-dead blowhard sovereign.

by Anonymousreply 227October 9, 2020 3:21 PM

R227 - the Kents will probably die before Charles does anything. Both the Duke and his sister Alexandra are in their eighties so they aren't as active as they once were. I haven't seen Michael for a long time so I don't think he's doing any royal duties.

by Anonymousreply 228October 9, 2020 3:51 PM

R227 - Neither the children nor grandchildren of Edward Kent and Michael Kent are Royal. If you do not have an HRH in from of your name you are not Royal. You may be a Windsor but being a Windsor does not make you Royal.

by Anonymousreply 229October 9, 2020 4:42 PM

R227 must be new here.

Princess Alexandra is a great favorite on DL.

I've seen glowing threads about her more than once.

When she was ill not long ago, DL expressed much concern and best wishes for a full recovery.

by Anonymousreply 230October 9, 2020 4:59 PM

R229, you’re not addressing that to me are you? As if I don’t know that the Kents are the last royals of their line? Ha, my sides.

My sides!

by Anonymousreply 231October 9, 2020 6:28 PM

Crown Prince Haakon, regent of Norway while his father The King is on sick leave, opens Norway’s parliament accompanied by his mother The Queen.

Haakon looks like he needs a hug. I love him so much, such a cute man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232October 9, 2020 6:30 PM

R230, not new here.

And, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 233October 9, 2020 6:31 PM

R231 - No I was not addressing you directly.

As current "paid" working royals die off, the "paid" working Royals will be slimed down via attrition was my point.

by Anonymousreply 234October 9, 2020 7:12 PM

The Kents, esp the current Duke and Princess Alexandra, have been dutifully loyal to The Crown and completed many years of working service to HM. They've spent countless hours travelling about, meeting people from all walks of life and supporting worthy causes. Sorry you find them "boring".

They are now at the end of their working lives and will retire comfortably, courtesy of HM and the future Charles III. It is well earned.

by Anonymousreply 235October 9, 2020 7:19 PM

[quote]The royal dukedoms and earldoms (as with Wessex) are a special category of entitlement. They derive from the Crown and are dependent on the Crown through time. Note, please, the precedents in suspending the royal titles of Duke of Albany, Duke of Brunswick, Duke of Cumberland and Teviotdale and Viscount Taaffe of Corren and Baron of Ballymote in 1917. In this case a committee of the Privy Council and Parliament conducted the process. This process combined royal and civil authorities because of the political nature of the cases.

This is a very good explanation about royal dukedoms and the Deprivation Act of 1917. That Act was due to unique circumstances during war, and actually has little to do with today's situations.

[quote]She would not and will not, but she could snap her gloved fingers in a muffled manor and strip Andrew of his York title, and could do the same with her grandson.

Here I disagree. I believe she (TQ) will probably at least deeply consider a removal from Harry and/or Andrew. Royal dukedoms are personal gifts from the monarch (they are not automatic), and come with high obligations esp re personal integrity and behavior. Violating standards should be grounds for threat of their retraction (a more appropriate term).

by Anonymousreply 236October 9, 2020 7:33 PM

R235 - You are so correct.

by Anonymousreply 237October 9, 2020 7:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238October 10, 2020 1:30 PM

Have loved David Suchet for ages - really happy to seem honoured this way.

by Anonymousreply 239October 10, 2020 1:50 PM

The Belgian royal family attend the opening ceremony of the Royal Military College. Crown Princess Elisabeth is a new student.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240October 10, 2020 1:57 PM

The vivacious and flamboyant Queen Maxima of the Netherlands doesn't disappoint with her bold and colorful look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241October 10, 2020 3:17 PM

R238, it's nice that the Queen recognized Mary Berry like that. From what I gather both the Queen, Prince Philip, and the Cambridges are all very much into Mary Berry on telly.

by Anonymousreply 242October 10, 2020 9:55 PM

Thank you r241. I love Maxima!

by Anonymousreply 243October 11, 2020 5:21 AM

R243 - Agree. I'd like not to like her but I can't, her zest for life is so infectious. There are far prettier women and royals out there, and yet, she looks the happiest of all.

by Anonymousreply 244October 11, 2020 2:01 PM

R236, thank you for quibbling. The point, of course, that the Crown controls royal titles no matter what specific manner of removal is chosen for political purposes hardly is irrelevant for today's situation. Prerogative chooses it methods.

As for your insight into what HM will seriously consider doing before not doing anything on the matters that are generally acknowledged to be relevant to the subject in a way you find satisfactory, I wonder at your connections or the trust you have in your fortuneteller.

Oh, and you're welcome, dear one. I see you know how to use Wikipedia. Such a handy tool for non-experts.

by Anonymousreply 245October 11, 2020 8:12 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246October 12, 2020 1:50 PM

I find Kate's accent strange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247October 12, 2020 2:10 PM

Eugenie's wedding reception dress looked better from the side and back than the front. Here is a new photo of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248October 12, 2020 7:07 PM

r224/245 you misunderstood my post, or likely I was unclear (short postings don't allow for much elaboration). I agree with your thorough explanation, especially your mention of the Titles Deprivation Act of 1917. Too many people in recent months have pointed to that act as evidence the monarch -must- work in tandem with Parliament to remove royal rank or titles; the fact is although Parliament was involved in those specific removals (actually suspensions, as mentioned), that was due to the 'special nature' of the circumstances, ie. treason in a time of war.

The monarch of course doesn't need govt involvement to create or remove royal ranks or titles at their own initiative. They may do so at their will. This however is lost on many and even in media, who repeatedly incorrectly state government action is "required" to remove the HRH honorific, princely ranks, and royally-granted peerages. It's not as if they don't have access to people who can inform them on this.

I only mildly disagreed with that statement "she (TQ) would not and will not" remove titles from Andrew or Harry. It's my feeling that removal has probably been discussed in terms of possibilities, should situations further deteriorate on either front. Andrew imo is the dicier prospect - further revelations of gross or unarguably criminal actions (he's only skirted this so far) and I feel there could be increased pressure for action. And Charles, as eventual monarch, may have his own ideas here.

I usually don't use Wikipedia btw. And while not a recognized expert, am no more/less knowledgeable here than most other interested posters, yourself included.

by Anonymousreply 249October 12, 2020 7:55 PM

Eugenie really knocked it out of the park for the wedding itself.

Kate looks absolutely flawless today.

And, turns out there WAS a limited opening of the Danish Parliament on 6 October with everyone exchanging air kisses. Joachim and Marie did not attend but the Queen's sister, Benedikte, did, as well as the Crown Princely Couple - Frederik and Mary.

Here's a look at Mary's outfit. What do others think of the floaty pleated skirt for autumn? I love the hat and jacket and shoes (especially the jacket), but I'm just not sure about the lower half . . .?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250October 12, 2020 8:02 PM

Mary always looks terrific imo. All the Danish women usually look wonderful and well put-together. Benedikte in particular has aged very well.

Kate looks wonderful lately and has been improving her public speaking. She appears much more comfortable in the clip at the link, I think its been a struggle for her in the past but she is really in a groove nowadays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251October 12, 2020 8:07 PM

Mary has the height and figure for that pleated skit with the thin belted jacket but I have never been a fan of them, altho it's a classic look. I do like the champagne colour of the skirt but when the wind blows it shows off too much "silhouette" of the royal nether regions for my liking.

by Anonymousreply 252October 12, 2020 9:00 PM

Not keen on Princess Mary's skirt, although she herself looks great for her age.

R248, you're right that Eugenie's reception dress looks better from the side. Her bust a bit odd in the photos from the front. I like that she picked pink rather than white.

by Anonymousreply 253October 13, 2020 12:03 PM

On reflection, I think Mary's skirt one of her occasional "misses". It's very pretty on its own - those pleats look like one of Worth's 1930s creations, but it looks more suited to a wedding than an Opening of Parliament, and totally unseasonal, as well. It's so at odds with the hat and jacket. Sometimes contrast like that works, but much depends on the occasion. In this case, slightly inappropriate.

It's also odd because Mary has been attending these for 16 years, and has always opted for beautifully tailored coat-dresses and day-suits that acknowledge the solemnity of the opening.

She's probably as bored as the rest of us at the long siege of COVID and amusing herself. But it does look too Guest of Wedding.

by Anonymousreply 254October 13, 2020 12:33 PM

The Queen's speech.

by Anonymousreply 255October 13, 2020 12:50 PM

Prince Christian, eldest child and next heir to the throne of Denmark, turns 15 today. Billed-Bladet has a closeup photo of him and you can see what a bad case of adolescent acne he has, which is too bad, he's quite handsome with his blue eyes and dark hair. Looks very much like his mother in terms of feature and expression and, of course, the dark hair. Both parents appear to have very nice complexions, so wonder where the acne is coming from?

Link below . . .

The headline says the prince will be spending his birthday with his family . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256October 14, 2020 1:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 14, 2020 4:38 PM

The Queen has returned to royal duties accompanied by William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258October 15, 2020 1:08 PM

Fergie is 61 years old today. She's a hard looking case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259October 15, 2020 1:36 PM

Eugenie wishes her mother Fergie a Happy Birthday. Swipe for photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 15, 2020 1:37 PM

Omigod, R260...she looks like she was ridden hard and put back wet. Way too much sun and fun in her younger days! And Fergie should cut her hair or style it differently. A 60 + aged woman should not be wearing her hair in the same fashion as she did at 25!

by Anonymousreply 261October 15, 2020 2:03 PM

King Philippe of Belgium meets his illegitimate half-sister newly titled Princess Delphine for the first time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262October 15, 2020 2:37 PM

Fergie and her horse daughter Beatrice are are a sore sight

by Anonymousreply 263October 15, 2020 2:40 PM

Excuse me, r262, who the hell told that bastard bitch she could be a princess?

by Anonymousreply 264October 15, 2020 3:09 PM

Good Lord, the Queen at 94 looks better than Fergie at 61.

Beautiful colour HM is wearing, but curiously springlike. Pink(ish) and black accessories are something she seems to be fond of.

by Anonymousreply 265October 15, 2020 6:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266October 16, 2020 12:12 PM

Billed-Bladet posts a somewhat better photo of Prince Christian for his 15th birthday. You can see that once his skin clears up and he enters university, he's going to be THE catch of Europe until Prince George grows up.

The headline reads that Christian is also popular in Germany as German television has marked his 15th birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267October 16, 2020 1:20 PM

Will & Kate catch up with the school they visited a year ago in Pakistan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268October 16, 2020 1:35 PM

Sneaky pic of Kate with Louis, George and George's friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269October 16, 2020 2:00 PM

The Canadian government has released a new official portrait of The Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270October 16, 2020 3:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271October 16, 2020 4:45 PM

R270 - I really hate that tiara, and there are very few tiaras that I actually HATE.

Speaking of which, where is our Tiara Troll? I miss him!

by Anonymousreply 272October 16, 2020 6:28 PM

R267 Prince Christian is very handsome in that pic. I see a lot of CP Mary in his eyes esp. Future 💔 heartbreaker!

by Anonymousreply 273October 16, 2020 6:32 PM

R272 - I'm over here!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274October 16, 2020 6:33 PM

This site is very good for all tiara and other royal jewel pics and history. Detailed and engrossing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275October 16, 2020 6:36 PM

R274 - Thanks! R272 here, went right over . . .

by Anonymousreply 276October 16, 2020 7:57 PM

R272 - I think the Tiara Troll is non-gender but I may be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 277October 16, 2020 8:00 PM

I wonder how these royal families handle ensuring that the male heirs lose their virginity in a "safe" and controlled manner with someone trustworthy . . . it is done, you know; with the risks of an untoward pregnancy and an illegitimate heir making an appearance . . . it is usually up to the father to arrange this.

I would love to be a fly on the wall for THAT father-son talk!

by Anonymousreply 278October 16, 2020 8:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279October 16, 2020 8:11 PM

Their house looks lovely from the courtyard view with the blue shutters and the ivy. I can see why they fell for it...it could be an English or French country estate.

by Anonymousreply 280October 18, 2020 2:17 AM

What is that wire? clothesline? thing over the pool?

by Anonymousreply 281October 18, 2020 12:58 PM

Apparently Prince William contracted COVID around the same time as his father did. I wonder why the palace kept that quiet, but announced that Charles had it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282November 1, 2020 10:47 PM

The death of William and Kate's dog has made the front page of several of tomorrow's British front pages. Seriously. This country is insane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283November 23, 2020 12:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!