Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Andy Cohen Datalounge Diaries

Okay, folks for the 100th time. Andy Cohen has nothing to do with the casting of these shows. He is not a Bravo Executive, he is an Executive Producer on the shows in name only. The shows are put together and pitched by external production companies as possible Real Housewives franchises for Bravo. Endemol is probably the biggest producer of Reality shows but POP and others are as well. They primarily cast and scout the housewives. A lot of times they are friends of friends of housewives but they don't really like to cast friends because it leads to cliques. Ramona has been dying to get a few of her friends on but the show always says no. Cohen was fired from Bravo as an executive a long time back. He was offered a route out to save face and he threatened to sue and ruin the franchise. Bravo capitulated and gave him an EP title on all housewives shows. Originally when he left, he was supposed to leave everything including WWHL. You can go back and check the Bravo annoucements for new shows, one of which was called Teach me your talent, where Andy groomed his replacement for WWHL. Andy thought he was going to be a big producer and possibly get the LIve host job with Ripa- when that failed, and he realized his show ideas were crap - he renegotiated to extend the WWHL hosting gig. As far as the houswives shows go, Atlanta is the highest rated housewives franchise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 3, 2023 5:38 AM

Andy landed an exec job at Bravo when the networks were all combined. (Trio, Bravo etc). Scott Dunlop had an idea for a documentary on the women of OC because of his neighbor Vicki Gunvelson - so when she claims to be the OG of the OC - she means it. It was originally called behind the gates the real orange county - Bravo passed on the doc - so they retooled it as the Real Housewives of OC adding in Joe and Slade. Cohen had nothing to do with this. Nothing. The first reunion was shot in Vicki's back yard with no host, just the women sitting around recounting the show. The show was a hit after season two they decided to so a studio reunion, Cohen offered to host for free. Bravo is cheap so they said yes. At the time Bravo's tag line was Watch what happens. The reunion was called A watch what happens special. Cohen was likable and got along with the housewives and ingratiated himself to them. He was an exec at Bravo so they naturally talked to him about things thinking he had decision making powers. The housewives show took off, NYC, Then Atlanta, and the ratings were huge. Cohen pitched a weekly show called Watch What Happens live which he tied to Atlanta which aired on Sunday nights. Soon he was becoming the face of Bravo. His twitter handle was Bravo Andy - he was getting A list guests on the show - he was the conduit to all the celebs to talk about housewives a vice versa. Pretty soon people were wrongly assuming Cohen created and was responsible for the success of Housewives when in fact they were responsible for the success of Andy. Bravo execs who actually were responsible for the success of the franchises were getting pissed off because Cohen would automatically let people assume he was in charge and never corrected them when they thought that. Finally, it was decided at Bravo that they had enough and he was told he was going to let go They offered him a Star Jones exit where he could say whatever he wanted. He knew his meal ticket was in jeopardy and fought back. He walked away with EP credit on all franchises and Bravo offered the first right of refusal deal to him on any of his shows he developed for his production company. Only one show ever came out of it - a terrible View ripoff with Jerry O Connel and other men he wanted to fuck. His blind date remake failed, he didn't get the Live with Kelly job. He was failing outside of Bravo so he renegotiated to keep his WWHL job. Trust me people at Bravo are still pissed because he still takes credit for things he has nothing to do with.

by Anonymousreply 1August 27, 2020 1:11 AM

Go to bed Freak

by Anonymousreply 2August 27, 2020 1:15 AM

Andy looks like he’s got cum in his eye in OP’s pic.

by Anonymousreply 3August 27, 2020 1:15 AM

R2 = Andy

by Anonymousreply 4August 27, 2020 1:16 AM

[Quote] Cohen was fired from Bravo as an executive a long time back. He was offered a route out to save face and he threatened to sue and ruin the franchise. Bravo capitulated and gave him an EP title on all housewives shows. Originally when he left, he was supposed to leave everything including WWHL.

Bravo wanted him gone but rolled over like a dog? Dat makes no cents.

by Anonymousreply 5August 27, 2020 1:18 AM

What could he have sued for?

Why did Bravo capitulate?

by Anonymousreply 6August 27, 2020 1:21 AM

r5/r6 not OP but. Cohen was and is still tied very tight to the Housewives. If the split was messy it could have affected the franchise.

by Anonymousreply 7August 27, 2020 1:26 AM

When someone is offered a route to save face, the other party holds all the cards. Thus, Cohen would be gone whatever the route.

by Anonymousreply 8August 27, 2020 1:29 AM

This reminds me I have the most recent seasons of NYC and Beverly Hills clogging the arteries of my DVR.

by Anonymousreply 9August 27, 2020 1:52 AM

I wonder if he ever slept with any reality show cast members...like, maybe Below Deck

by Anonymousreply 10August 27, 2020 1:54 AM

R8 until the corporation realizes that person is nuts and will go ballistic.

by Anonymousreply 11August 27, 2020 3:49 AM

r11

So they say "... jk" and keep the business relationship going? Very realistic, dear.

by Anonymousreply 12August 27, 2020 3:51 AM

R12 Um yeah. Obviously you have not worked in management at a corporation? You’d be surprised how many employees blackmail their way into keeping their job. Andy probably has some dirt and threatened to make a stink, which would be bad press.

by Anonymousreply 13August 27, 2020 3:57 AM

[quote]Andy

CUNT

by Anonymousreply 14August 27, 2020 3:58 AM

From another thread:

“Andy has also been hosting big parties at his Fire Island home at the height of quarantine. He says he cares about social distancing but he definitely doesn’t and isn’t taking COVID seriously at all. He fucked two people I know in April and they tested positive for COVID two weeks later.”

by Anonymousreply 15August 27, 2020 12:56 PM

r19 well we know Cohen never had Covid. He faked it for publicity..

by Anonymousreply 16August 27, 2020 1:05 PM

I often see Cohen eating breakfast on Hudson Street, one time he had an assistant stand out front holding his dog's Wacha's leash. Boogey!

by Anonymousreply 17August 27, 2020 1:17 PM

This is a lot of tea!! Who are you op?

by Anonymousreply 18August 27, 2020 1:24 PM

The blind items about him being a closet racist keep popping up. Can anyone confirm or deny? He’s done so many things of an odious nature that it wouldn’t surprise me at all....

by Anonymousreply 19August 27, 2020 1:42 PM

He loves the Atlanta cast, not racist. He probably likes a sexy black man in bed as well, but that is just a guess, or maybe I am projecting.

by Anonymousreply 20August 27, 2020 1:58 PM

I'm not the least bit surprised that Andy is an asshole & sleaze, but it makes me think much less of Anderson Cooper that he's friends with this guy

by Anonymousreply 21August 27, 2020 2:10 PM

I wonder when that pic was taken. He's clearly suffering from Bell's Palsy which has been "going around" in the last few years or so - lots of folks getting it - some via Shingles flare up.

by Anonymousreply 22August 27, 2020 2:16 PM

^ Just some good lookin' out for ya - If you ever get Bell's Palsy, it is absolutely imperative that you get medical attention NOW - you MUST begin taking a steroid within the first 24 hours to avoid permanent facial paralysis - go to the ER and DON'T LEAVE WITHOUT A PRESCRIPTION FOR A STEROID in addition to an anti viral if applicable. File that away in your memory bank. I wasn't so fortunate. Although I went directly to the ER on 10/13/18 the very minute I noticed the left side of my face drooping, the ER doctor did NOT - I repeat he did NOT provide me with a steroid, and only an anti viral (mine was brought on my Shingles outbreak along the left side of my head). Although that Doctor stated and I quote "You've got both Shingles AND Bell's Palsy because of the Shingles and it's location. You've got TWO things we have to treat." He seemed as though he were trying to feel me out - to see if I knew the protocol which should be taken. That fucking CUNT doctor let me leave that ER without the steroid. The left side of my face STILL isn't right and I don't think it ever will be. It was either the doctor OR the practitioner who withheld the steroid/steroid prescription. And I think it was done on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 23August 27, 2020 2:27 PM

R23 I just got shingle for the second time on my right side. The first time two yrs ago it was really bad, this time, not so much. Anyway, thank you for the information Im going to call my Dr and ask about the vaccine

by Anonymousreply 24August 27, 2020 3:25 PM

r18 - he has collected several threads worth of shit on Cohen - most of which I posted. His first post a rip of a post I did a while back.

by Anonymousreply 25August 27, 2020 3:56 PM

I haven't watched his juvenile show in years, but when I did, he ALWAYS had black guests on at the same time. And not just if they were from the same Housewives show. He never had a black guest and a white guest together. It was distracting.

by Anonymousreply 26August 27, 2020 4:42 PM

He has always made my skin crawl. I know my dog would growl at him.

by Anonymousreply 27August 27, 2020 5:01 PM

Just a quick nag, you CAN get shingles twice! Get the new vaccine! It is far more effective than the old one, and it's two shots. It is no fucking joke. I got shingles three years ago, on my face and it was a fucking nightmare and I almost went blind in my right eye!

by Anonymousreply 28August 27, 2020 5:37 PM

Andy Cohen is an aging queen and he’s desperately trying to keep up with the younger, better looking men around him. He’s lives and works in a celebrity world but he hardly seems like much of a celebrity himself. C-List at best. He turned into a valley girl trapped in the body of a 60 year old man. It’s really pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 29August 27, 2020 5:53 PM

What some see as Bell's Palsy others see as an affectation he thinks looks sexy. I'm in the latter camp. Many gay men do the exact same thing.

by Anonymousreply 30August 27, 2020 6:02 PM

R30 I could see that, like a cutesy little boy-puppy dog thing.

by Anonymousreply 31August 27, 2020 6:03 PM

Andy Cohen wishes everyone Happy High Holy Days!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 10, 2020 12:58 AM

Is Andy pretending to be the Boss of Bravo?

by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2021 3:42 AM

OP, Andy is giving you side eye.

by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2021 3:59 AM

Is he R34? It is so hard to tell with all the wonkiness.

by Anonymousreply 35January 3, 2021 4:31 AM

[quote] It is so hard to tell with all the wonkiness.

He’s giving you side eye precisely because of the wonkiness. He’s not even aware he’s doing so.

by Anonymousreply 36January 3, 2021 4:54 AM

Hey Andy, your left eye looks like it’s ready to jump out of its socket. What’s shocking is that they BOTH aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 37January 3, 2021 4:57 AM

I just realized he has that wonky Paris Hilton eye. 👁️

by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2021 6:15 AM

Who the fuck sings that awful WWHL intro? "ANDY Cohen's got the four one one...." It's painful.

by Anonymousreply 39January 3, 2021 6:27 AM

He’s a mess and a bad person. Not a “good look” for gay men.

by Anonymousreply 40January 3, 2021 6:29 AM

Wow! What a grift.

by Anonymousreply 41March 11, 2021 1:41 AM

Andy Cohen is only a figurehead at Bravo. Like an elderly version of Queen Elizabeth II.

by Anonymousreply 42March 11, 2021 1:59 AM

[quote]Who the fuck sings that awful WWHL intro? "ANDY Cohen's got the four one one...." It's painful.

Jenny from that Jeff Lewis show.

by Anonymousreply 43March 11, 2021 2:00 AM

Andy is all over Instagram today taking credit for the Housewives on the 15th anniversary of the OC premiere.

by Anonymousreply 44March 21, 2021 9:33 PM

Poor thing with that wonky eye, I just saw a Pug dog at the vet with the same eye popping out of his head, maybe Andy needs to go to the vet and see if they can help.

by Anonymousreply 45March 21, 2021 10:45 PM

Okay, whatever, OP.

I don't like Andy Cohen, either, but my dislike is nothing that involves the heat of 1000 suns. And if I don't watch the shitty network with which he's linked (incredibly easy and rewarding to not do), I never have to give the fucker a thought. Try it, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 46March 21, 2021 11:04 PM

Never forget

by Anonymousreply 47May 22, 2021 10:04 PM

I have truly lost all respect for Anderson Cooper. Ok, I lost it long ago, but it was bc his friendship with Andy " wonky eye" Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 48May 22, 2021 10:42 PM

How’s the petition against him going?

by Anonymousreply 49January 3, 2022 9:09 PM

Wow!!

by Anonymousreply 50October 9, 2022 4:50 PM

[quote] The blind items about him being a closet racist keep popping up. Can anyone confirm or deny? He’s done so many things of an odious nature that it wouldn’t surprise me at all....

No moreso than any other white gay man. The difference is he actually DOES have non-celebrity Black friends -- none of whom are "Housewives" -- and he loves light-skinned Black guys.

by Anonymousreply 51October 9, 2022 4:56 PM

[quote] OP, Andy is giving you side eye.

Don't be cruel, r34. He can't help that.

by Anonymousreply 52October 9, 2022 4:58 PM

Andy is clearly lying here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 9, 2022 5:01 PM

Wow thanks for this insight. I never knew the back history of the show. I used to be a big fan of Beverly Hills. I catch some episodes here and there. I love Andy and WWHL. He is so handsome. I am still convince I will make him straight. Just joking of course.

by Anonymousreply 54October 9, 2022 5:03 PM

Trust Fund Baby Grifter

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2022 3:05 PM

Andy seems like a nice guy. You bitches who constantly rag on him, on the other hand...

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2022 3:50 PM

POS!

by Anonymousreply 57July 28, 2023 8:06 PM

He’s an ugly boring twit. I hope he gets Bell’s palsy and shingles on his whole head and penis. I hope Kathy Griffin wins an Oscar and tells him to fuck off in her acceptance speech in front of all of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 58September 4, 2023 7:39 PM

I get this feeling that he’s about to get Weinstein’d. The tide is turning quickly. He better shut up all those past bartenders on his little cuntfest talk show.

by Anonymousreply 59September 4, 2023 7:43 PM

Spacey 2.0

by Anonymousreply 60September 4, 2023 7:46 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 61November 3, 2023 5:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!