Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Personal encounters with Steven Spielberg

Do you have any gossip about the most well-known director in the world? He seems pretty popular withing Hollywood, but does he have a dark side? I once read on datalounge that he tried to get some low-level guy fired for no apparent reason...

by Anonymousreply 117September 18, 2022 6:29 AM

There have been rumours going around for a few years about Spielberg and underage boys and girls.

by Anonymousreply 1August 26, 2020 12:10 PM

Meh, I wouldn’t buy any really dark rumors - he seems too dorky and earnest to be into anything grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 2August 26, 2020 12:16 PM

How odd you would ask. I know a member of his extended family. My interactions have been infrequent and superficial He is smart, kind, engaging and generous. He has always been super friendly and yes, a bit nerdy and fun. BTW, his Palisades house is fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 3August 26, 2020 12:22 PM

R3 How is it fabulous?

by Anonymousreply 4August 26, 2020 12:24 PM

OT, just saw this: “Arnold Spielberg, the father of filmmaker Steven Spielberg, died on Tuesday, Variety has learned. He was 103.

Steven Spielberg was with his father on the night of his passing, telling him “You are our hearth. You are our home.” He also said of his father, who was an electrical engineer at General Electric for a time, “When I see a PlayStation, when I look at a cell phone — from the smallest calculator to an iPad — I look at my dad and I say, ‘My dad and a team of geniuses started that.’”

by Anonymousreply 5August 26, 2020 12:25 PM

R2, that's what every parish said about Father Flanagan.

by Anonymousreply 6August 26, 2020 12:26 PM

It’s on Amalfi Dr, very tasteful, has an elevated road down to a guest house but the view west onto Will Rogers Park is breathtaking. I remember AD had a spread on it many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 7August 26, 2020 12:31 PM

My husband and daughter saw him on Georgica Beach in the off season. He was taking photos with some fancy camera and my daughter asked him about it. She’s 10 and has no idea who he is. Apparently he was very nice during their brief encounter.

by Anonymousreply 8August 26, 2020 12:34 PM

Hé held my hand when I skied him to

by Anonymousreply 9August 26, 2020 12:36 PM

From what I hear, he often has security people around who will block people trying to approach him in public. Thus difficult to have personal encounters with him unless he already knows you.

by Anonymousreply 10August 26, 2020 12:59 PM

A young relative was a chef on his yacht in Europe. He couldn't go into much detail but said he was polite and low key.

by Anonymousreply 11August 26, 2020 1:13 PM

I think over time and after an expensive divorce and near public relations meltdown SS has learned to be more low-key about who he approaches and how he is approached.

by Anonymousreply 12August 26, 2020 3:35 PM

R 12 I agree. He seems smart enough to keep himself out of compromising situations. And frankly, some people are just square.

by Anonymousreply 13August 26, 2020 7:25 PM

Jared from the Subway commercials also looked like a square. Not saying Spielberg is a child molester. But you can't just look at someone, declare him a square, and call it a day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 26, 2020 9:35 PM

He hates Julia Roberts so he must be an excellent judge of character.

by Anonymousreply 15August 26, 2020 9:36 PM

R14 True but Spielberg has a LOT more to lose. And I didn’t say he looked like a square. He seems like one because there’s really never been a whiff of any tawdry scandal around him.

by Anonymousreply 16August 27, 2020 1:49 AM

I won't tell.

by Anonymousreply 17August 27, 2020 2:49 AM

Steven Spielberg is ignorant!

by Anonymousreply 18August 27, 2020 3:02 AM

R1, I was listening to the commentary for The Goonies the other night and the cast mentions how Michael Jackson showed up all the time. Draw your own conclusions. And if the ghost of Heather O'Rourke could talk...

by Anonymousreply 19August 27, 2020 3:36 AM

Steven Spielberg: “You are our hearth. You are our home.”

Arnold Spielberg: "Jesus Steven, I'm a hundred and three and this is the [italic]meshuggeneh[/italic] schmaltz you're giving me! Oy vey!"

by Anonymousreply 20August 27, 2020 4:17 AM

Forget Steven, how is Max Spielberg?

by Anonymousreply 21August 27, 2020 4:26 AM

[quote]does he have a dark side

Doesn't everyone in Hollywood?

by Anonymousreply 22August 27, 2020 4:37 AM

Look into what Sean Young said about him after she tried out for the role of Marion Ravenwood in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Apparently, Steve-O has a hair-trigger, nasty, vindictive temper. Just google Sean Young and Steven Spielberg together.

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2021 7:22 AM

Yes - I've met the whole family. Can confirm house or more like compound on Almafi in the Palisades.

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2021 7:27 AM

I think most people would be triggered around Sean Young.

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2021 7:30 AM

Amy Irving was a real bitch to him (according to that book on 70s films, forget the name, it was popular)

Would mock him openly. People thought she clearly married him for roles. She must have been furious when he cast Karen Allen in Raiders. They were kind of the same type.

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2021 7:33 AM

A friend of mine used to work in the printing industry and worked for a guy at Sony who knew Steven Spielberg. He said the guy is vanilla as fuck. Ron Howard is known to be a big snooze too.

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2021 7:36 AM

These rumors about Spielberg didn't exist before the internet (or last 10 years). If they did i would have heard them.

there was an actual pedo who did work on his projects but there are literally 10,000 people who have worked on his movies. He's been making 1 or 2 movies per year for 46 years now.

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2021 8:32 AM

He never allegedly touched me. That's why I'm not mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2021 8:42 AM

He used to get aggressive with kids to get the performance he wanted, he did it with Drew Barrymore but I think the guilt got to him and he stopped that, plus he works with kids a lot less now.

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2021 8:43 AM

[quote]Look into what Sean Young said about him after she tried out for the role of Marion Ravenwood in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Apparently, Steve-O has a hair-trigger, nasty, vindictive temper. Just google Sean Young and Steven Spielberg together.

That was 40 years ago. Quite likely he's mellowed since then.

by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2021 8:44 AM

He got away with decapitating two children along with John Landis. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2021 9:03 AM

That wasn’t Spielberg you fucking doofus:

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2021 9:21 AM

Killing those two kids was the second worst thing John Landis has ever done, the first is Max Landis.

by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2021 9:24 AM

R28 What other gossip do you have, Hollywood insider?

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2021 9:35 AM

This is an old right wing trope--anti-Semitic as well. Not surprised Nazi Sympathizer Guy is behind it.

by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2021 9:39 AM

So any thread that's critical of a Jewish man is antisemitic? Would you say a thread critical of Scorcese is anti catholic?

by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2021 9:48 AM

[quote]These rumors about Spielberg didn't exist before the internet (or last 10 years). If they did i would have heard them.

The Crispin Glover blog post was 2003 so yes, the rumors existed before 2011.

Completely irrelevant that you didn't hear about them.

by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2021 9:53 AM

[quote]American actor and director Crispin Glover, known best for his role as George McFly (Marty’s father) in Back to the Future, published an essay in 2003 titled, “What Is It?” The essay shared the name and provided a subtext for Glover’s 2005 film of the same name.

The relevant bits of his essay:

[quote]...Does Steven Spielberg focus much of his fantasy life on young people? Did he portray children wallowing in sewers filled with fecal matter in Schindler’s List? Did he use children to finger paint an adult in Hook? Does he collect the illustrations of Norman Rockwell, such as the one showing a young boy in his underwear examined by a doctor? Are the inclinations of Steven Spielberg above suspicion by the media-fed culture? Was Steven Spielberg very friendly with Michael Jackson? Wasn’t Michael Jackson supposed to play Peter Pan in Steven Spielberg’s version of the story? Now that Michael Jackson is no longer held in favor by the mass media, does Spielberg associate with him? Do Michael Jackson and Steven Spielberg share similar opinions about the sexuality of young boys?

[quote]Did Joseph Goebbels popularize certain ideals to the mass culture? Does Steven Spielberg attempt to do the same thing? Is celebrity more special than actual truth in art?

There's other stuff in there about cultural propaganda and some antisemitic conspiracy theorizing, plus questioning whether Spielberg adopted a black daughter for good reasons or just for the presumed PR benefits.

by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2021 9:56 AM

Julia Phillips also found him vanilla and boring AF, but brilliant behind a camera. She kissed him once, as they sat together talking in a parked car, and he got all nervous and said "Julia...that was a real kiss!" like a teenager. That was the end of that.

by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2021 2:39 PM

The most pedophile thing about Spielberg was probably his acquaintance with Michael Jackson and discussing the nutritional benefits of duck butter, where he obviously had no idea what Wacko Jacko was talking about.

by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2021 2:44 PM

I remember all the gossip and meltdowns regarding his "work relationship" with Tom Cruise was pretty entertaining. Some of the funniest Hollywood gossip I've ever read.

by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2021 2:50 PM

Wasn't there some party that Spielberg was hosting, Tom went flaming up to him and had it out over some scientology bullshit and Tom Hanks had to break it up?

by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2021 2:55 PM

^Yes, Tammy also had Scientology tents and massage parlors on set and endlessly harassed Spielberg's wife till he had a meltdown. That was some funny shit.

by Anonymousreply 44May 1, 2021 3:13 PM

My brother met him - warm, kind and not upset that someone 'bothered' him in NYC.

Sometimes people are just good people.

by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2021 3:16 PM

Two viewpoints:

I have a colleague who worked as a writer in Hollywood. She does not like him, but she has never explained why.

One of his movies was based on an event in the life of a relative through marriage. Spielberg was incredibly gracious to my relatives at the time of the film's premier.

by Anonymousreply 46May 1, 2021 3:17 PM

Tammy was also irritated that Spielberg's wife didn't have a handler and Spielberg didn't know where his wife was or what she did most of the time. Tammy thought that was not acceptable and Spielberg should always know what his wife was up to and have better control of her.

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2021 3:18 PM

R47 Sounds very Handmaids Tale, I wonder if Elizabeth Moss has the same attitude?

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2021 3:20 PM

How did Steven and Priscilla Pointer get along?

by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2021 3:24 PM

He rejected me on a NYC street once. I don’t know if he was filming something or in preproduction, but he was standing with some production guy outside a building and they were busily watching pedestrians go by.

I made eye contact, the production guy gave SS a look like “Him?” Spielberg looked in my face for a long sec then simply said, “No.” I kept walking, feeling [italic]violated.[/italic]

I don’t know if he was trying to point out a specific color or look he needed to a designer or they were pulling a key extra from the street in an emergency... or what.

Oh, the ups and downs of the glamorous CITY LIFE!

by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2021 3:35 PM

His fabulous house in the AD spread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2021 3:52 PM

R46 - E.T.? Jaws? Poltergeist? C'mon, you can tell us the film.

by Anonymousreply 52May 1, 2021 4:13 PM

[quote]r46 One of his movies was based on an event in the life of a relative through marriage. Spielberg was incredibly gracious to my relatives at the time of the film's premier.

[quote]r52 E.T.? Jaws? Poltergeist? C'mon, you can tell us the film.

Maybe it was [italic]Bridge of Spies.?[/italic] Those other two aren't based on true stories... it would seem [bold]: )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 1, 2021 4:26 PM

I think Spielberg has or had a house in Long Island. My cousin's cousin(not mine) was a drama teacher in a high school out there. One kid in a play said to him my father would like to meet you and he said sure. So the father walks in and it was Steven Spielberg. He was completely shocked. Said he was very nice and complementary. I didn't ask him the details of how he didn't know this was Spielberg's son but apparently he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 54May 1, 2021 4:58 PM

[quote] He said the guy is vanilla as fuck. Ron Howard is known to be a big snooze too.

How shocking. From their out-there movies, you'd think they were kinky superfreaks!

by Anonymousreply 55May 1, 2021 5:02 PM

[quote] Tammy was also irritated that Spielberg's wife didn't have a handler and Spielberg didn't know where his wife was or what she did most of the time. Tammy thought that was not acceptable and Spielberg should always know what his wife was up to and have better control of her.

Apparently that was the last straw for Spielberg in terms of working with Cruise. This was during the time Cruise went wild after breaking with pat Kingsley and had his sister Le Ann do his (disastrous) PR, and he decided to become very aggressive and reveal who he really is. he had Scientologists on the set trying to convert everyone, and Spielberg was pretty polite about even that; but when Cruise started criticizing Spielberg for not controlling Kate Capshaw enough, that was it. He not only was personally offended Cruise was criticizing his marriage, he also thought Cruise was offensively sexist. I don't think they ever did a movie again after that despite the success of "War of the Worlds."

Cruise apparently backed off being so aggressive after "War of the Worlds," though, and now mostly leaves people alone and hides his religious and domestic opinions more to himself and his close circle. He realizes now he did irreparable harm to his reputation during the whole Katie Holmes period. He tries to keep himself under control, but after he burst out again with his insane egocentric COVID rant on the set of the latest "Mission impossible" film, apparently Spielberg was completely disgusted when he heard about this and told everyone all over again he would never work on another poject with Cruise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 1, 2021 5:11 PM

There was that story on Tom when he invited Scarlett Johansson to a meal on the basis it was to talk about the female lead for Mission Impossible 3, she turned up expecting it to be Tom, herself and maybe a couple of producers but when she arrived he had some scientologist freaks there and was trying to sell her not only on the cult but also setting up further dates. She excused herself, went to the bathroom and climbed out the window. This was just prior to the setup of the Katie Holmes relationship.

by Anonymousreply 57May 1, 2021 5:17 PM

Tom's ego is just out of control. That's why it's so funny imagining him and Spielberg coming to blows at a party--Spielberg also has a big ego, but at heart he just wants to be a nice suburban Jewish dad like his own dad. Cruise wants to be the Messiah.

by Anonymousreply 58May 1, 2021 5:20 PM

Cruise is a freak whose popularity should have died off by now. But he’s clearly in league with the devil. How else can you explain the stunning continued quality of the “mission impossible” movies?

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2021 5:25 PM

He likes it when I call him grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2021 5:44 PM

Most a Spielberg’s latest movies have been junk

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2021 5:45 PM

The face of pure joy, she was finally free.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2021 5:46 PM

How many Mission Impossible movie did he make? 8? It seems this franchise is the only thing keeping his career going at this point. What successful movies did he make in the last decade besides MI? Hes almost 60. Hopefully they will replace him with a younger actor soon and this lunatic will finally go away.

by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2021 5:46 PM

Was watching a Kubrick doc on youtube and their are interviews with Cruise throughout. He comes across so reasonable, thoughtful and pleasant but I guess that's what often being an actor is about.

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2021 7:07 PM

Cruise made a giant mistake letting Pat Kingsley go. She kept a lid on his crazy and made him look sexy and mysterious. Once we saw what was hiding behind that gleaming facade, Cruise's career and reputation were never the same.

by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote]after he burst out again with his insane egocentric COVID rant on the set of the latest "Mission impossible" film, apparently Spielberg was completely disgusted when he heard about this and told everyone all over again he would never work on another project with Cruise.

To be fair, wasn't opinion fairly split on Cruise's tirade? Didn't some people think it was justified?

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2021 10:56 PM

Wow you have to have a major ego to think you can criticize one of the most famous directors on the set of his movie. It has to be said though, that if spielberg was a pervert there is no way it would ever come out in his lifetime. He has made far far too much money for Hollywood for them to ever out him. P.S. I never realized how boyish Nicole looks, she looks like an awkward teenage boy in that photo upthread

by Anonymousreply 67May 2, 2021 1:44 AM

Nicole never had much of a figure. Pretty sure the tits are implants.

by Anonymousreply 68May 2, 2021 4:30 AM

r32 Spielberg wasn't even in the same country when that happened. People die filming movies. It happens every year. They're called stunts for a reason. The best anyone can do is learn from mistakes.

by Anonymousreply 69May 2, 2021 4:34 AM

This is why the Academy shunned him for so long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 2, 2021 4:36 AM

r70 He was so dignified. Tarantino or any other director would have said the f-WORD a 1000 times.

by Anonymousreply 71May 2, 2021 4:42 AM

He and his wife Kate were guests at an event I worked at and they asked about my company's services. They were both interested in what we could offer, and very kind and polite. She gave me her email address to send her more info which I shared with my boss. (I still have it in my records.)

I'm not sure if they hired my company as I stopped working for them a short time later due to management issues.

by Anonymousreply 72May 2, 2021 4:47 AM

Kate Capshaw got some bad press a while ago by disparaging Meryl. She said having a big career like that isn't possible for someone with a lot of children like Kate has.

Never mind that Meryl raised 4 kids and Capshaw never gave a good performance in anything ever.

I can remember Siskel and Ebert's year end worst films list having a special segment for the "Capshaw films." Then somebody must have wanted to cause some trouble and Capshaw and Siskel and Ebert were both booked on The Tonight Show for the same night. Kate. Moved to the end of the couch and pouted thru their segment.

by Anonymousreply 73May 2, 2021 4:55 AM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that guy Spielberg hired for for bondage play in the early '90s but then became his stalker. Spielberg finally had to have him arrested and I think he's still in prison, although I'm not sure about that. The guy was arrested outside his house with duct tape, scissors, handcuffs, the whole bit. I know the guy was kept incommunicado and no one was ever allowed to interview him before or after he was sentenced, which was unusual.

Most of it got wiped from the net but not all if you want to do a deep google dive.

Personally, I believe all the rumors about his being a pedo. But who am I? Nobody. But watch this clip from Back to the Future 3, which Spielberg produced. In the film, it's much worse and more blatent, but, as usual, those clips have been expunged from youtube. They used to be there. Watch the little blond kid next to the dog and his hand and remember this is an edited clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 2, 2021 5:10 AM

I love him.

by Anonymousreply 75May 2, 2021 5:13 AM

What am I supposed to be seeing, R74? The kid makes a "come here" gesture with his hand... It's weird, but how does it connect to SS being a possible pedo?

by Anonymousreply 76May 2, 2021 5:22 AM

Yeah, I don't get that connection either. I AM surprised it made it into the final cut, though.

by Anonymousreply 77May 2, 2021 5:26 AM

That little boy makes the come hither motion with his hand while it is beside his dick and then finishes by actually using his finger to touch his dick! Are you visually illiterate?

by Anonymousreply 78May 2, 2021 5:27 AM

Honestly, the kid in the clip above looks like he's gesturing to his guardian that he REALLY needs to pee. Look at the pained expression on the poor kid's face.

by Anonymousreply 79May 2, 2021 5:27 AM

He doesn't need to pee. He wants somebody to suck his dick. It's outrageous it ended up in the cut. And if you don't believe it's there, pull out you old DVDs and look.

by Anonymousreply 80May 2, 2021 5:33 AM

R74 that was so weird and creepy it freaked me out.

by Anonymousreply 81May 2, 2021 5:44 AM

This movie is 30 years old, so the kid would be grown up now. Has anybody ever asked him what that was about?

by Anonymousreply 82May 2, 2021 5:53 AM

Let's trace the logic here. In Back to the Future III, one of the child actors makes a weird gesture in the background which was missed and made it into the final cut. For the sake of argument, let's assume it wasn't the kid being gross as little boys will be or the kid needing to pee. Let's assume it was a serious sexual gesture. How does that support the idea that Stephen Spielberg, who did not direct the film, did not edit the film, and probably wasn't even on the set at the time, is a pedophile?

by Anonymousreply 83May 2, 2021 5:58 AM

Lmao R83. Qanon theorists aren't known for their logic and intelligence

by Anonymousreply 84May 2, 2021 7:12 AM

R27 Ron Howard - as we all know - quite literally grew up in front of a camera. Opie wasn’t his first role and he’s tiny in Andy Griffith. Anyway, more power to him for being a snooze - he is probably the only truly unscathed child actor in Hollywood history.

by Anonymousreply 85May 2, 2021 10:42 AM

Ron Howard is smart and came from a stable family life. That counts for a lot.

by Anonymousreply 86May 2, 2021 11:02 AM

Steven Spielberg with the help of Barbra Streisand sabotaged my big screen career. I've never done anything to either of them and I don't know they behaved like that to me.

by Anonymousreply 87May 2, 2021 11:24 AM

My sister and I had dinner at his mother's restaurant, The Milky Way. His mom, Leah, was adorable. She was bubbly and had a cute, white pixie haircut.

Leah sat down at our table and talked with us for a while. She told us that her daughter had written a fun movie and to make sure that we went to see it. She was referring to the film Big.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 2, 2021 11:26 AM
by Anonymousreply 89May 2, 2021 11:34 AM

RE R74

by Anonymousreply 90May 2, 2021 11:35 AM

[quote] The face of pure joy, she was finally free.

Goodness. Nicole looks quite the plain Irish laundrymaid there with her bad hair, red and hands, and flat chest. It’s fascinating the transformation all the money in the world can do.

by Anonymousreply 91May 2, 2021 11:40 AM

Spielberg's adopted black daughter says that she was molested growing up but it wasn't by her dad, but implied it was by someone he knew. She's a very troubled woman and has an adult website.

Another reason why Cruise and Spielberg got in a fight at the dinner party is that Tom was lecturing Spielberg about the Spielberg kids seeing therapists.

by Anonymousreply 92May 2, 2021 11:54 AM

Is Cruise so big and infallible that he can insistently and obnoxiously give people advice as a huge know-it-all when none is asked for?

by Anonymousreply 93May 2, 2021 12:09 PM

"Don't be glib," R93.

Cruise criticized Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants for her postpartum depression. Brooke had said that after the birth of her first daughter, she was driving with the baby on an LA freeway and she seriously considered smashing the car into the cement retaining wall.

by Anonymousreply 94May 2, 2021 12:17 PM

R59...Cruise is a trump-like figure in that way.

by Anonymousreply 95May 2, 2021 12:37 PM

My encounters with Spielberg have only been of the the third kind.

by Anonymousreply 96May 2, 2021 12:53 PM

^😁😁^^

by Anonymousreply 97May 2, 2021 12:58 PM

Spielberg has been in this business for so long, is such a gracious guy and surely had to deal with a lot of entitled Hollywood bitches, but even Cruise was too much for someone like Spielberg. The guy had a full blown meltdown after working with Cruise for only a couple of months 🤣.

Can you imagine his reaction when he saw Scientology tents on his set?

by Anonymousreply 98May 2, 2021 1:33 PM

R58

[quote] So the father walks in and it was Steven Spielberg. He was completely shocked. Said he was very nice and complementary.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 99May 2, 2021 1:49 PM

No R99 I will need your help with this one. Please.

by Anonymousreply 100May 2, 2021 1:54 PM

r13 it was a review of the Indiana Jones movie she was in. Ebert turns to Siskle and says "but the worst thing about this movie is Kate Capshaw>" and Siskle goes "Oh I agree a totally"

by Anonymousreply 101May 2, 2021 2:26 PM

Cruise is odd because he can be batshit crazy on one hand but one of the nicest people on the other. I know someone who worked in a hotel he booked out in Scotland, he was there with a young Suri and some of his people, they were all nice as could be and Tom was very kind to the people working there and he had none of the scientology craziness with him.

by Anonymousreply 102May 2, 2021 3:32 PM

R53, good guess!

by Anonymousreply 103May 2, 2021 4:17 PM

Why do you want to know, defacturd?

by Anonymousreply 104May 2, 2021 4:51 PM

r102, one thing that is really important to Cruise is that he wants to be perceived by the public as a Good Guy (with capital Gs). During the post-Pat Kingsley craziness, his sister Lee Ann De Vette arranged for these crazy PR stunts where he would go out looking on the freeway for people pulled over with a flat tire so he could stop and change it for them. That stopped happening when he finally realized the public saw through that sort of thing as a stunt.

by Anonymousreply 105May 2, 2021 5:03 PM

Cruise was right in criticizing to Matt Lauer for endorsing a powerful drug he knew nothing about.

And I recall reading DL gossip that Ron Howard has a sex dungeon in his home.

by Anonymousreply 106May 2, 2021 5:59 PM

Matt Lauer doesn't have a lot of room to judge, creepy sex pest.

by Anonymousreply 107May 2, 2021 6:15 PM

There’s some gossip along the lines of some red headed actress (Amy Adams?) being his illegitimate daughter. He actually mocks this in the Netflix episodes of Arrested Development.

by Anonymousreply 108May 2, 2021 6:16 PM

Trying again RE R74

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 2, 2021 6:28 PM

R108 Amy Adams is a natural blonde. She's been dying her hair red for almost 20 years. I don't know when she did it but all of her early work (Drop Dead Gorgeous, Psycho Beach Party, TV spots) are all blonde

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 2, 2021 7:01 PM

[quote] To be fair, wasn't opinion fairly split on Cruise's tirade? Didn't some people think it was justified?

Out of curiosity I listened to the rant a while back. It didn't seem unreasonable.

by Anonymousreply 111May 2, 2021 7:19 PM

R111 yeah generally he's a psycho but with COVID raging at the time and shutdowns costing god knows how much money to film sets, I can't blame him for flipping his shit over people not following basic simple safety rules

by Anonymousreply 112May 2, 2021 7:21 PM

I remember when it happened and he appeared sane for once.

by Anonymousreply 113May 3, 2021 2:35 PM

Tom had a valid point, but the way he presented it (the temper tantrum performance) was over the top.

Tom made the mistake to lecture people way above his station about what they are doing wrong in their lives and how Scientology can help them. For the higher ups in Hollywood he's nothing but an employee. Employees don't tell their boss that leaving his wife unsupervised is a bad idea. That crosses several lines. Tom was crazy enough to think Hollywood execs treat him like an equal because he makes them so much money, but to a certain degree they just humored him. When Paramount's Sumner Redstone had enough and severed ties with him that was the moment Tom realized he had overplayed his cards.

by Anonymousreply 114May 3, 2021 3:06 PM

Have to say one thing about Spielberg - he doesn't look bad for 74-years old

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115May 3, 2021 3:20 PM

R110- She was freckled and red haired as a child, moving into strawberry blonde as a pre-teen. Look at her roots. I grew up with her. Insider.com is just clickbait.

by Anonymousreply 116May 5, 2021 10:52 PM

I also heard Jessica Chastain is Ron Howard 's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 117September 18, 2022 6:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!