Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

iPhone 12: Trypophobia Edition

Eeeeeeeuugh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2020 8:12 PM

Lol soon the whole back is going to be tiny cameras.

by Anonymousreply 1August 24, 2020 3:17 PM

Trypophobia is a fear or disgust of closely-packed holes. People who have it feel queasy when looking at surfaces that have small holes

by Anonymousreply 2August 24, 2020 3:23 PM

What's the perk of a handful of cameras packed together? Honest question

by Anonymousreply 3August 24, 2020 3:28 PM

I think it's for 3-D photos

by Anonymousreply 4August 24, 2020 3:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 24, 2020 3:43 PM

[quote]What's the perk of a handful of cameras packed together?

They're different lenses. On the iPhone 11, the three cameras are: 1) telephoto lens, 2) a wide-angle lens and 3) an ultra-wide lens

by Anonymousreply 6August 24, 2020 4:03 PM

Eldergays, stick to your landline phones with the rotary dial...

by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2020 5:18 PM

okraphobic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2020 5:31 PM

zinniaphobic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2020 5:32 PM

Ugh, I'm so sick of Apple churning out these tiresome phones and adding camera lenses to them. I got the iPhone 11 ProMax and I didn't have it two weeks before regretting it. It's too big, how many of us take photos so seriously that we really need all the lense and the complexity and battery usage that goes with them?

I've loved the iPhone since it came out but I'm just sick of Apple in general, I'm sick of buying the iPhones and noticing that, really, there isn't much difference in them at all. I guess we're all going to learn our lesson eventually. I'm sworn not to "upgrade" this year or get another one. As soon as I can figure out how to easily get out of Apple's little venus fly trap they put you in when you use their products, I want to move on and explore something else.

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2020 5:46 PM

I have Arachibutyrophobia

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2020 5:49 PM

R10 I feel the same way. I have an iPad that I love and use constantly and I love that the fact that the iPhone is able to sync with it. I would love to buy a cheaper phone but I won’t be able to sync it with my iPad.

by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2020 5:53 PM

[quote] got the iPhone 11 ProMax and I didn't have it two weeks before regretting it.

Can I have it? I'm currently doing a stop motion shortfilm. GOVE IT TO ME!

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2020 5:56 PM

I'm going to wait for the 2021 model. Design is fine, but the battery changes are concerning. If there's backlash this year they may revert next year.

by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2020 5:59 PM

My Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge has a better camera than the newest iPhone on the market today. My coworker has it, and we compared. Also, how much do y'all want to bet that only one of those cameras work, and the others are just for show.

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2020 6:01 PM

r11 Pour yourself a glass of milk next time, and all will be well.

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2020 6:11 PM

My iPhone XS is the last new phone for a while. I can’t believe I spent nearly $1,500 on a phone. Idiot = me. No wonder Apple is worth so much.

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2020 6:14 PM

[quote]I won’t be able to sync it with my iPad

What exactly do you need to sync between the two?

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2020 6:14 PM

The lenses are ridiculous, people who want to take photos that badly can just buy a tiny GoPro and carry it everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2020 6:15 PM

Isn't the Iphone better for video?

What apps are best for filmaking ? My iphone came with Imovie and Clips and I just bought the app Stop Motion.

Any experience with Filmic Pro or 24 FPS apps ?

by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2020 6:15 PM

^^^ Oh YAY! More crap “movies” for Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 21August 24, 2020 6:18 PM

Go sit on a cactus bitch.

by Anonymousreply 22August 24, 2020 6:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 24, 2020 6:32 PM

Even I feel triggered by that picture, yet it feels appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 24August 24, 2020 6:37 PM

My current phone is an IPhone 6s so it’s time for a new iPhone

I really want one with a great camera so I can stop using my stand alone camera altogether.

I’m fine with all the crazy lenses BUT I won’t buy it if it’s any bigger than the 6s. The plus was way too big.

I like iPhones and am committed to them because everything else I have is Apple.

by Anonymousreply 25August 25, 2020 4:05 AM

R18 everything! Contacts, email, text messages, photos, audible, etc..... It actually comes in handy in case I lose or break one of the devices. The second device can be a back up of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 26August 25, 2020 4:34 AM

I don’t mind all the changes to the physical design of the iPhone, but I hate that it’s the cause of so many pictures and videos being captured in a vertical frame rather than a horizontal one. I don’t remember the last time I saw someone using the iPhone camera in landscape mode instead of portrait. It gives me some kind of phobia but I don’t know which one.

by Anonymousreply 27August 25, 2020 4:42 AM

R25 buy the 2020 IPhone SE. it’s the same form factor as the 6s but the internals of the flagship iPhone 11 model. Only a single lens camera though which is the same module as the iPhone 8.

by Anonymousreply 28August 25, 2020 4:55 AM

If you're that interested in photography, buy a good camera.

by Anonymousreply 29August 25, 2020 5:26 AM

I have an older iPhone. I like the camera except that you can't get a truly symmetrical photo. Something about the lens being off to one side. Yes, I've tried compensating for the off-centeredness in other ways. I wonder if they fixed that yet.

by Anonymousreply 30August 25, 2020 5:38 AM

The lenses / camera are taking over the phone. It's no longer a truly flat phone. You *need* a phone case at this point.

I, too, hate all this vertical video. Landscape is so much nicer.

by Anonymousreply 31August 25, 2020 5:41 AM

I also have a 6s, which needs to be replaced. Has anyone gotten an SE and have any feedback?

by Anonymousreply 32August 25, 2020 9:23 AM

I’m an X user and I would seriously consider the SE as my next device. I miss Touch ID and I’m in the minority of preferring LCD screens over OLED. So considering how cheap it is compared to flagships, it’s not worth paying extra for features that don’t bother me. It’s runnings the flagship internals so will last ages and get updates to iOS for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 33August 25, 2020 10:18 AM

I'd get the SE, but I want 5G and the best camera possible

by Anonymousreply 34August 25, 2020 2:27 PM

Ever since owning the 6S for 5 years, I"m realizing there is absolutely no need to keep buying a new phone every two years.

My 6S works fine except for a mysterious battery drain that started after a specific update. Even a new battery couldn't fix it. So i had to add a heavy battery case.

by Anonymousreply 35August 25, 2020 2:29 PM

R35 I had a 5S for about that long and got an XS which I will keep until it dies. I probably won’t get another iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 36August 25, 2020 2:49 PM

I've tried iPhones and Android. They really aren't that different in what they do, so I never understood the argument that "Mine is better!"

by Anonymousreply 37August 25, 2020 2:57 PM

Maybe today, r37, but originally androids were shit shows when compared with Apple.

Not so much anymore, though.

by Anonymousreply 38August 25, 2020 3:05 PM

I still find Androids not as stable as Iphones. Lots of rebooting at inopportune times.

by Anonymousreply 39August 25, 2020 3:06 PM

The big difference is that there are many competing android phones made by different manufacturers -- each with their own version of the Android operating system and unique sets of features. Apple phones are completely locked and controlled by Apple. You can customize so much about Androids, no two look the same.

by Anonymousreply 40August 25, 2020 3:11 PM

Forget about the cameras - the need unbreakable screens

by Anonymousreply 41August 25, 2020 3:12 PM

Apple tech is now behind The Samsung Galaxy phones. I've been able to charge my phone wireless for years, but iPhone only came out with that "ground breaking" upgrade two years ago.

by Anonymousreply 42August 25, 2020 3:14 PM

R42, yet somehow my life has been fine

by Anonymousreply 43August 25, 2020 3:38 PM

I have the iPhone 6s Plus with 128 GB of memory. It was really expensive when I bought it in 2016. I upgrade the OS whenever a new one comes out. It works fine, really fast, no problems.

R35, sorry to hear about your battery issues.

by Anonymousreply 44August 25, 2020 4:27 PM

R44, I have friends with the 6S who don't have the same battery issue. I"ve tried everything, including resetting the phone and adding on apps one by one--yet the battery still drains so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 45August 25, 2020 4:54 PM

R45, I had battery issues with my iPhone 5 (or maybe 4). I believe Apple offered me a trade-in. They no longer were producing that model. The trade-in would not have been the most current model. I decided to just get the 6s Plus (which was the most current at the time) because I wanted a bit larger screen. The 6s Plus screen size is just about perfect for me.

by Anonymousreply 46August 25, 2020 5:00 PM

Didn't apple admit they cut the battery life of older model phones to get people to buy their newest phones?

by Anonymousreply 47August 25, 2020 5:44 PM

Now that you mention it, I did get an email re: a class action suit. But I was not affected, so did not sign on. It was to do with slowdowns on a particular OS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 25, 2020 5:47 PM

Hand

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 25, 2020 6:04 PM

Genital warts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 25, 2020 6:13 PM

I have a 6 and have the same battery issues some others have mentioned. The thing can be 100% charged and I'll leave the house for an hour and it's in the 30s. I can watch it drain right before my eyes. I have no idea what's causing it and I hate having to get a new phone. It's not a big deal for the time being since no one can go anywhere but will be an issue once we can travel again.

by Anonymousreply 51August 25, 2020 8:29 PM

Waiting for the 12 because if 5G actually becomes a thing, it will be compatible

by Anonymousreply 52August 28, 2020 12:48 PM

I started w an Android. It was fine, except the updates were not meted out equally. It would depend on what phone you had, etc. So, my phone might be updated while my friend did not get it. It was annoying waiting. I bought a mac so then went w the iphone. I kept my 6S till I could not stand how slow it was. I kept if for about 3 years. I then got the 8s last year. I refuse to pay a shit ton for a phone that differs just slightly from one that is half the price or less.

I do not use it for the camera, so no big deal to me.

by Anonymousreply 53August 28, 2020 12:55 PM

I recently upgraded from a 5c to a 2020 SE. I only did it because so many apps wouldn’t update on my old phone, plus battery life was rapidly declining.

The SE is the perfect size. I don’t care that much about the camera since I don’t use it for anything but regular photos and it’s fine for that.

by Anonymousreply 54August 28, 2020 1:15 PM

BLECH

by Anonymousreply 55August 28, 2020 1:50 PM

I have a 11 Pro Max. I'm switching to the Note 20 Ultra. I hate the iPhone design and its spellcheck. It's such a boring piece of crap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 28, 2020 1:56 PM

Every now and then I have to use my bf's iPhone to respond to a text while he's driving and, Jebus. How do y'all deal with that shitty keyboard? I've been swype texting since 2012

by Anonymousreply 57August 28, 2020 2:13 PM

R57, the iphone swipes too. No need to look for the widget, just swipe.

by Anonymousreply 58September 1, 2020 1:23 PM

I am going back to Apple with the iPhone 12 this year for the first time since 2015. My last iPhone was a 6. I used Pixel line of phones from 2015-Now and the Pixel 3 I have is utter shit. I don't like Google's handling of their phones. Any advice? or should I stay put with Android. At this point I want reliability and a battery that won't die by 2pm.

by Anonymousreply 59September 1, 2020 2:09 PM

R59, Adroid used to be better bc it had widgets and it could perform some functions that at the time the iphone could not. Currently, that is really not the case.

Iphone all the way.

I used to use Android.

by Anonymousreply 60September 1, 2020 2:13 PM

I just bought an 11 a few months ago. What makes the 12 better?

by Anonymousreply 61September 1, 2020 2:19 PM

I’m sure trackphone will sell a lot of these in the “urban” neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 62September 1, 2020 2:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 1, 2020 2:30 PM

I hope the Galaxy doesn't start copying them, because if Samsung keeps doing what it's doing and just plays the waiting game pretty soon everyone will switch over to them.

by Anonymousreply 64September 1, 2020 2:38 PM

I didn’t have this phobia until opening this thread. r23 is truly horrifying.

by Anonymousreply 65September 1, 2020 2:54 PM

SO is the 12 going out in September or October? so many different stories...

by Anonymousreply 66September 1, 2020 4:02 PM

[quote] I just bought an 11 a few months ago. What makes the 12 better?

Except for 5G compatibility, likely not much else

by Anonymousreply 67September 1, 2020 6:03 PM

[quote] I am going back to Apple with the iPhone 12 this year for the first time since 2015. My last iPhone was a 6.

This is the sad part. Apple put out 6 different phones (each supposedly better than the previous one) in 4 years. They didn't used to put out a new iPhone that often. Just feels like a money grab and consumers are so dumb, they mindlessly "upgrade."

by Anonymousreply 68September 1, 2020 6:18 PM

Excessive iPhone use can cause vaginosis

by Anonymousreply 69September 1, 2020 7:19 PM

What is Vaginosis?

by Anonymousreply 70September 2, 2020 1:48 AM

Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is an abnormal vaginal condition that is characterized by vaginal discharge and results from an overgrowth of atypical bacteria in the vagina. It is not a true bacterial infection but rather an imbalance of the bacteria that are normally present in the vagina.

by Anonymousreply 71September 17, 2020 3:08 PM

[quote]I just bought an 11 a few months ago. What makes the 12 better?

12 will likely have 5G, which is significant.

I've been hanging on to my old phone, just waiting for 5G.

by Anonymousreply 72September 17, 2020 3:31 PM

Vaginoshish.

by Anonymousreply 73September 17, 2020 3:32 PM

I’ll wait for the iPhone20 to upgrade

by Anonymousreply 74September 17, 2020 5:42 PM

R74 Do they have WIFI in Hell?

by Anonymousreply 75September 17, 2020 5:44 PM

Lol r75 thanks for that. I’m 40 so I might be around if I don’t get stoned to dead by the Talibangelicals for being a fag.

by Anonymousreply 76September 19, 2020 5:28 PM

I have an iPhone 7S and the memory is shit. For some reason it's saying that like 35% of the memory is "other" and so I constantly have to offload apps to use other ones. I went through my photos, etc. I'm not sure what the issue is. I use my laptop more for anything beyond the basics. I used to be a new iPhone each year, but the physical design has stayed relatively more static since the 5 and the screens break so easily. I really only use my phone for text, email, directions, music and that's about it. I'll keep this one until it goes. I used to get really excited about Apple product launches, but now I'm like meh. The cameras are getting more powerful with more filters for social media and videos, which I'm not that into.

by Anonymousreply 77September 19, 2020 6:28 PM

R77, what do you mean the "memory is shit"? How many GBs of memory does your phone have?

You either have enough memory (GBs) for your needs or your don't have enough memory for your needs.

I paid for extra GBs on my phone. Expensive, yes.

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2020 6:36 PM

R78 - Maybe you can help. I have 32GB which is the basic but it says I am using 31.7GB. The breakdown on the storage bar is: apps, media, photos, mail. Apps is maybe less than 1/3 the storage, mail takes the total storage amount to 50%, photos etc take up about 15% (I deleted a ton of pics, videos) and then about 35% of this bar says other. Some on reddit say you need to reset the phone, etc. I can't remember all my passwords, so I don't want to reset and then lose things or have to reset all the passwords.

by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2020 6:47 PM

R79, my phone has 128 GB of storage. I think you don't have enough memory for your needs. (Not sure why you have so much "mail"; I don't have any "mail" using up any of my storage.) Maybe delete some of your mail.

I recently did a clean install of the OS on my iMac. One of the unintended effects was that it freed up a lot of memory. (I did a back-up and loaded back on all the same things.)

I don't know what "reset" actually does. IMO, you should do a clean install of the OS on your iPhone.

It's tedious but easy to get back your passwords, if you know what e-mail address you used (or your user ID). Just click the button that says you forgot your password and they will email you a link to reset your password. I would recommend you do all of that on a larger screen.

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2020 7:08 PM

I just got the iPhone 11 and I like it just fine. I told the guy at the ATT store I don't take that many photos so I wasn't going to pay more for the Pro versions. He told me the cameras are basically the same in each version so it's not really worth upgrading to Pro.

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2020 7:44 PM

I’ve upgraded so many times I forget what version iPhone I have!

by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2020 7:48 PM

Another day, another mental condition for American fattards, the most overly diagnosed and prescribed creatures in the Solar System. Sad & Exhausting!

by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2020 8:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!