Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: Drag Star Chi Chi DeVayne Dead At 34

One of the most lovable queens to ever be on RuPaul’s Drag Race.

RIP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71August 21, 2020 2:54 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 1August 20, 2020 8:23 PM

Some highlights of her time on the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 20, 2020 8:23 PM

He had a hot ass, but he couldn't live forever!

by Anonymousreply 3August 20, 2020 8:23 PM

She was very likeable on the show. I noticed some tweets wishing Chi Chi and Lady Red recovery as both were in the hospital around the same time. Both gone. Scleroderma is rare, yes?

by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2020 8:24 PM

i'm sad.

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2020 8:26 PM

Has Ru made a comment yet?

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2020 8:27 PM

Zavion Davenport had been living with scleroderma, a rare, potentially life-threatening condition caused by the immune system attacking the tissue under the skin, and around internal organs and blood vessels, which can also cause scarring and thickening of tissue.

In July 2020, Zavion Davenport was admitted into the hospital with suspected kidney failure but was discharged days later. On August 16th, 2020, Zavion was admitted into the hospital. Many queens and judges publically posted Zavion's PayPal to help pay his medical bills. However, on August 20th of that year, Zavion Davenport passed away from pneumonia at age 34.

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2020 8:27 PM

Ru deleted her social media so I wouldn’t bet on it.

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2020 8:28 PM

R6, if he wins an Emmy for it, then he will.

by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2020 8:28 PM

I remember him, but I had to look at the clip to remember. He was very cute and charming, a working class guy.

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2020 8:28 PM

Scleroderma is an awful, painful disease. My aunt had it and the last several years of her life were miserable.

by Anonymousreply 11August 20, 2020 8:29 PM

Chi chi always seemed really genuine, a true loss.

by Anonymousreply 12August 20, 2020 8:30 PM

this is really sad, he was one of the most charming contestants in many years.

by Anonymousreply 13August 20, 2020 8:32 PM

He was only diagnosed with scleroderma in 2018.

[quote]In 2018, Davenport was diagnosed with scleroderma. On July 17, 2020, he was rushed to the hospital for kidney failure related to scleroderma. Two days later, Davenport posted an update on social media saying "I let it go too long without going to the doctor and these are the consequences", as well as showing appreciation for the outpouring of support from fans and colleagues. He stated that he is now undergoing dialysis treatment. Later that year, he was re-admitted into the hospital after being diagnosed with pneumonia. Davenport died on August 20, 2020, aged 34.

by Anonymousreply 14August 20, 2020 8:33 PM

Oh man, that sucks so bad. She was a sentimental favorite of mine in Season 8, where she made the top 4 despite having no money for her runway outfits.

RIP Chi Chi. 😥

by Anonymousreply 15August 20, 2020 8:33 PM

Chi Chi didn’t have health insurance and his family is struggling with the medical expenses, in addition to those for funeral costs. If you have a few dollars to spare and want to help, his Venmo is posted in the link at OP.

by Anonymousreply 16August 20, 2020 8:34 PM

She posted this pic from the hospital on her SM days ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 20, 2020 8:38 PM

Ugh. That’s haunting.

by Anonymousreply 18August 20, 2020 8:40 PM

I thought Chi Chi was one of the more successful queens - travelling internationally on the main tours.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2020 8:41 PM

He was so sweet and funny and a lot smarter than many of the other girls. I’m not a super fan or anything but this makes me very sad.

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2020 8:47 PM

Aww, this is so sad. 😞

by Anonymousreply 21August 20, 2020 8:50 PM

[quote] He was only diagnosed with scleroderma in 2018.

I'm not a doctor but that seems really fast. My mother was diagnosed with scleroderma in the mid 1980s and lived another 15 years, most of them in pain. I'm sorry to see he died so young, but as R11 said, it's an awful disease so at least he was spared years of misery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 20, 2020 9:05 PM

Who??

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2020 9:12 PM

Oh, no. So, so sad.

R.I.P Chi Chi. You'll be missed. 😞

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2020 9:14 PM

RuPaul released a statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2020 9:15 PM

[Quote] Who??

Charles Pierce, dear. Charles Pierce.

by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2020 9:15 PM

Loved him. he was a hot little pocket gay and just bursting with life and fun and yes, sweetness.

This is so very sad. Sad for Mum.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2020 9:20 PM

Has Trinit K Bonet commented?

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2020 9:22 PM

*Trinity

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2020 9:23 PM

Wow. I'm surprised. You see people talk about illness online and you think it's all Lena Dunham stuff.

So it's sad to see it's true about ChiChi. I really liked her a lot - maybe more as her real self than as the drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2020 9:24 PM

Very sad. He was one of my favorite queens. He made something out of nothing. Much respect.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2020 9:25 PM

One of my all time favorites from DR. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2020 9:29 PM

Yes, R28. Trinity posted a tribute on Instagram.

Chi Chi was well-loved. She is getting a lot of well-deserved love on SM right now, although I wish it were in better circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2020 9:35 PM

One of my favorites. Loved him. RIP Chi Chi!

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2020 9:38 PM

[quote]Has Ru made a comment yet?

See R1.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2020 9:43 PM

Who is Charles Pierce?

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2020 9:48 PM

Chi Chi was awesome. Her lipsynch vs Thorgy islegendary! You can see the moment when Thorg just said, fuck it, and did that cartwheel.

She seemed so humble and nice.

by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2020 9:51 PM

I can't keep all these Chi Chi's straight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2020 9:52 PM

He was such a likable human being, sad news to see someone's life cut down so early.

Second drag race contestant to die after Sahara Davenport.

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2020 10:20 PM

R37, I call that the "Cartwheel of Submission".

Also, ChiChi's dominance on "Call Me" .... it's one of the rare times that a Drag Queen does the acrobatics but also manages to get the song's vibe.

And the bitch kept her heels and wig on (unlike the other girl)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2020 10:43 PM

I still got the worst reputation.

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2020 11:02 PM

He was a nice person and always decent.

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2020 11:28 PM

Cunts are already DEMANDING Ru pay for all his medical bills, or his statement (released through the PR account) is meaningless. Also he must post it himself or it's even more meaningless! (they shriek). I really wish someone would take away these people's microphones.

[quote]pay for everything if you really wanna pull an “on behalf”

[quote]Pay for the medical bills and funeral costs

[quote]Tell that fracking bitch to get on twitter herself and tell us

they're also "correcting" his two-tweet statement:

[quote]Talk about your loved ones who pass in the present tense! Chi Chi might not be here physically but is here in our hearts Two hearts & in Spirit ALWAYS! We’ll miss not being able to reach out & touch Chi Chi, but she’ll be here to cheer on her fellow Queens like always! A CLASS ACT!

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2020 11:32 PM

Also:

"Estimated Net Worth in 2019 $1 Million - $5 Million (Approx.)"

She was a successful Drag Race queen, on multiple seasons. I seriously doubt her family needs donations.

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2020 11:34 PM

I'm also curious how many other Drag Race stars try to make her death about themselves.

Up first: Shea Couleé, who doesn't even mention the person they're drama-ing about:

[quote]I’m literally so devastated and sick to my stomach. Wake me up when it’s all over 💔

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2020 11:37 PM

I guess this is Chi Chi right before she died?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2020 11:38 PM

Chi chi was not a pocket gay?? I thought she was 6'1"?

by Anonymousreply 47August 21, 2020 12:29 AM

She looked little. And needed cuddles and anal.

by Anonymousreply 48August 21, 2020 12:30 AM

There are various forms of scleroderma. It's a rare disease but it's extremely rare for men and black people to get. So if you're a man, and a black man, you're probably going to have an extreme case of scleroderma. The fact that he was so young makes it all the more deadly. The younger you are, the worst form it's probably going to be. The majority of cases are white women in their 50s (although there are women in their 30s and 40s). Not every form of scleroderma affects your internal organs. Some people have local and CREST syndrome. Diffuse scleroderma is the worst.

My mother was diagnosed with it, although she doesn't test positive as of yet. She's in the very early stages and most likely has CREST. She suffers from Raynaud's (cold feet and hands). Her fingers literally turned purple and her feet feel like they always have pins and needles. She's in her mid 60s. She's been very fortunate. She knew a woman who's mother had it and she looked like a wax sculpture. Before my mother was diagnosed, all she said was, "I hope I don't have scleroderma). This was before they even told her that was a possibility.

What exactly causes it, no one knows. They haven't even found evidence yet that it runs in families. It's an autoimmune disorder.

by Anonymousreply 49August 21, 2020 12:50 AM

[quote]She was a successful Drag Race queen, on multiple seasons. I seriously doubt her family needs donations.

Those web sites aren't real, dear. No one knows how much money anyone has and they're laughably off base.

by Anonymousreply 50August 21, 2020 12:51 AM

Chi Chi talked about his diagnosis here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2020 12:52 AM

My mind did go to HIV but I don't think Scleroderma is massively associated with that. I also wondered about procedures that drag queens and/or trans go through, e.g. silicon injections.

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2020 12:52 AM

Lots of the Drag Racers come from poor backgrounds. It wouldn't surprise if many fritter their earnings away on depreciating assets.

by Anonymousreply 53August 21, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote]I don't think Scleroderma is massively associated with that.

Yes it is. If it was diffuse Scleroderma, it would thicken the skin on the internal organs (heart, lungs, kidney, etc). That kills people. When you are already having lung issues, pneumonia will do you in. He said he wasn't going to the see doctors and keeping up with it.

by Anonymousreply 54August 21, 2020 12:58 AM

Yikes, R46. Totally unrecognizable. He looks really out of it.

by Anonymousreply 55August 21, 2020 1:05 AM

r50 no one thinks they're gospel "dear", but it's ridiculous for a multi-season queen to need spare change from idiot strangers. She's been touring, doing Drag Cons, etc. for years. She has (had) cash.

by Anonymousreply 56August 21, 2020 1:08 AM

Rupaul has commented:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 21, 2020 1:48 AM

We know, you whore.

by Anonymousreply 58August 21, 2020 1:57 AM

The curse of the Davenports strikes again

by Anonymousreply 59August 21, 2020 2:26 AM

Tragic, truly tragic... those tattoos are tragic.

by Anonymousreply 60August 21, 2020 2:27 AM

She was the #1 trending topic on Twitter for quite awhile tonight.

by Anonymousreply 61August 21, 2020 2:27 AM

R59 I’m a new member of the Davenport house, should I be concerned? My name is Doo Doo Davenport.

by Anonymousreply 62August 21, 2020 2:28 AM

R40 One of my top judging moments from Drag Race is when Chris Stein from Blondie read Chi Chi for wearing the same shoes in the challenge AND on the runway!! You know he was a judge who actually watched Drag Race, with that comment. I recall reading somewhere that he regretted being so harsh in his critique after being on the show! Anyway, I usually don't care about celebrities commenting on deaths, but I noticed Chris Stein paying his respects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 21, 2020 2:31 AM

It's weird to see Robbie Turner and Lucian Piane in that "Call Me" lipsync. Did Robbie resurface after that taxi story?

by Anonymousreply 64August 21, 2020 2:36 AM

^ No.

by Anonymousreply 65August 21, 2020 2:52 AM

It’s a shame that Chi Chi is dead and Sasha Velour gets to walk around without a care in the world.

by Anonymousreply 66August 21, 2020 2:58 AM

[Quote] It’s a shame that Chi Chi is dead and Sasha Velour gets to walk around without a care in the world.

Don't joke about that.

by Anonymousreply 67August 21, 2020 3:01 AM

It’s a damn shame beautiful Chi Chi is gone but we are stuck with that fucking orange asshole stinking up the White House.

by Anonymousreply 68August 21, 2020 3:35 AM

r49, have your mother ask about participating in a stem cell trial. My aunt was diagnosed about 5 years ago at 68 (I think), and was starting to resemble ET with really bad arthritis, and could barely bend anything that could bend . She underwent the trial (they have to totally decimate the immune system with chemo though), and about a year later, was able to go back to work part time. I think it took her another year to be able to work full time.

Poor Chi Chi, I donated a little when she was admitted the 2nd time to the hospital.

by Anonymousreply 69August 21, 2020 12:16 PM

R45, the body isn’t even cold and Aquaria is already making it about herself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 21, 2020 2:07 PM

Grim Reaper should have taken that lying cunt sex pest who was edited out. Fortunately I have even forgotten her name. Fate isn't fair.

by Anonymousreply 71August 21, 2020 2:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!