Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pretentious 'pre-med' students

"I'm in pre-med"

No, you're just an undergrad.

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2020 7:14 PM

Pre-med is an actual major at many schools.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2020 5:59 PM

No....you're in pre-pre-business.

by Anonymousreply 2August 19, 2020 6:03 PM

I usually hear it with "pre-law".

by Anonymousreply 3August 19, 2020 6:21 PM

Can you get a '"pre-med" degree in America?

by Anonymousreply 4August 19, 2020 6:40 PM

What do you do with a pre-med major if you don’t get into med school?

by Anonymousreply 5August 19, 2020 6:41 PM

R1 What schools? Pre-med is a track, not a major. You can be a linguistics major and still be pre-med. I can’t think of any American university that offers “pre-med” as a major.

by Anonymousreply 6August 19, 2020 6:47 PM

It’s really stupid to declare you’re premed. Ninety percent of students who start out as premed drop out of it by graduation. No need to give Auntie Changchang any ammunition to look down her nose at Thanksgiving, “Oh, you no premed anymore? My sister’s son just got accepted to Yale medical school. He work very hard.”

by Anonymousreply 7August 19, 2020 6:50 PM

Celebrities who took one biology class say they were pre-med

by Anonymousreply 8August 19, 2020 6:56 PM

I'm a radiologist and did my undergrad at Brown. I'm forty-two now but at the time, Brown had a pre-med program, and no, you couldn't take one biology course and call yourself pre-med.

by Anonymousreply 9August 19, 2020 7:03 PM

Go take calculus, microbiology, anatomy, statistics, biochemistry, 2 semesters each of chemistry, biology, physics and organic chemistry (all with a lab) and then you can come back and tell us you were pre-med. And a genetics class

Until then, you only wish you were pre-med

by Anonymousreply 10August 19, 2020 7:03 PM

“This weekend? Oh, nothing really. A few of us might fly upstate to stay in my parent’s lake house while they’re in Europe for the summer. It’s private access only so you don’t have to worry about anyone else. What are your plans? Anything exciting?”

by Anonymousreply 11August 19, 2020 7:07 PM

I flunked out of Washington University (nicknamed Washout Out U) due to the preponderance of pre-med students there

by Anonymousreply 12August 19, 2020 7:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!