Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Cardi B and Meghan’s ‘WAP’ shatters Records as Number One Song on Charts

Cardi B's "WAP," featuring Megan Thee Stallion, blasts onto the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart at No. 1. The collab launches as Cardi B's fourth leader on the list and Megan Thee Stallion's second.
 Cardi B’s “WAP,” featuring Megan Thee Stallion, blasts onto the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart at No. 1. The collab launches as Cardi B’s fourth leader on the list and Megan Thee Stallion’s second.

“WAP,” released on Atlantic Records, is the 1,108th No. 1 in the Hot 100’s 62-year history. Let’s recap its entrance at the summit. No. 1 streams & sales: “WAP” roars in at No. 1 on both the Streaming Songs and Digital Song Sales charts, with 93 million U.S. streams and 125,000 downloads sold in the week ending Aug. 13, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. It also drew 11.6 million radio airplay audience impressions in the week ending Aug. 16. “WAP” is Cardi B’s third No. 1 on Streaming Songs and fourth on Digital Song Sales. Megan Thee Stallion scores her second No. 1 on each chart. The song’s official video was released Aug. 7 at midnight ET, after the track was made available for pre-order in Cardi B’s webstore via 12 autographed physical/digital combinations Aug. 3-6. Consumers could pre-order cassette, CD and vinyl singles (priced at $5-$15), with each purchase including a digital download; the download (the sale of which contributed to the latest tracking week) was made available and fulfilled to purchasers Aug. 7, with physical versions due to arrive at a later date. Record first-week streams: As noted above, with 93 million, the streaming sum for “WAP” is the greatest ever for a song in its first week of release. It surpasses the haul of 85.3 million for Ariana Grande’s “7 Rings” in its first week of availability (Feb. 2, 2019).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2020 5:25 AM

That’s nice.

by Anonymousreply 1August 17, 2020 4:08 PM

Shows the sad state of the music industry. No wonder so many people no longer listen to mainstream music anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2August 17, 2020 4:08 PM

An ex-stripper from the Bronx who cannot speak or read over a 7th grade level, twirls her r's and raps about Wet Ass Pussy.

smh

by Anonymousreply 3August 17, 2020 4:15 PM

I'm allergic to chick drama and WAP... js

by Anonymousreply 4August 17, 2020 4:16 PM

Trash. It's time to restore snobbery and elitism in the face of this tacky, low IQ BLM movement.

by Anonymousreply 5August 17, 2020 4:33 PM

I’m not easily shocked by this song shocked me. It’s absolutely disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 6August 17, 2020 4:36 PM

I sang a song about my pussy that was a hit in the 80s. It’s called “ Sugar Walls”.

by Anonymousreply 7August 17, 2020 4:39 PM

Those are some tree trunk thighs. How did she work a stripper pole?

by Anonymousreply 8August 17, 2020 4:40 PM

Prince wrote that song, r7, Sheena just sang it...it doesn't have the same impact. It's not a female point of view.

by Anonymousreply 9August 17, 2020 4:47 PM

Cardi B just interviewed Joe Biden. WTF is going on with the state of our culture?

by Anonymousreply 10August 17, 2020 4:52 PM

R9, Um it is from a females point of view, you amoeba. “Come Spend The Night Inside My Sugar Walls”. Prince wrote it for a woman!

by Anonymousreply 11August 17, 2020 4:58 PM

As my mother would say “ puttanas”.

by Anonymousreply 12August 17, 2020 5:01 PM

I’d have thought the gays would be thrilled with a hit song about ass pussy.

by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2020 8:11 PM

Vile.

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2020 8:25 PM

You Puritan nellies crack me up. I’m not a personal fan of pussy, but this song is fine to bob my head to or do a little slutty shake while sitting down.

by Anonymousreply 15August 18, 2020 8:37 PM

They look like a cartoon minstrel show. They look like a parody of black women. Is this some elaborate joke, and somewhere at the music business executive level they're pointing and laughing?

by Anonymousreply 16August 18, 2020 8:50 PM

You're all PC Babies. Hip Hop song is obscene... Shock. Horror...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17August 18, 2020 9:15 PM

I don't care about it being supposedly obscene, I just don't think it is that great a song.

Keli's " My neck, my back" and Lil Kim's "How Many Licks" were better.

by Anonymousreply 18August 18, 2020 9:23 PM

What R18 said (although 'My Neck, My Back' is from Khia, not Kelis). Cardi B is just not that great of a rapper. Megan blows her out of the water when it comes to rapping ability, but let's be real, this whole thing was never really about her, it was about Cardi.

If it wasn't for the conservative pushback, the song would have received only a small fraction of the attention it did end up getting.

by Anonymousreply 19August 18, 2020 9:31 PM

I still haven’t seen this video or listened to the song. I’m quite proud of that.

by Anonymousreply 20August 18, 2020 9:33 PM

It’s NOT good. It doesn’t have a groove to it, all bells, whistles and butt crack. I feel like a sensitive person to a tune but I don’t get this one. Maybe once it’s been on the grocery store soundtrack it’ll settle in.

by Anonymousreply 21August 19, 2020 2:30 AM

OK. So for more talented female rappers go stream the music of Lil Kim, Foxy Brown, Da Brat, Missy Elliot, Queen Latifah, Lauryn Hill, Noname, Princess Nokia, MC Lyte, Salt-N-Pepa, Cupcakkke, Tierra Wack, etc.

by Anonymousreply 22August 19, 2020 2:49 AM

I'm inclined to agree with R21

by Anonymousreply 23August 20, 2020 10:34 AM

Filth

by Anonymousreply 24August 20, 2020 11:30 AM

Nobody likes the smell of a wet Cardigan. Lots of hos like a WAP.

by Anonymousreply 25August 20, 2020 11:31 AM

I like it. Cardi B isn't objectively the best rapper out there (or on the song for that matter) but she has presence on-record.

I prefer “Freak” by Doja Cat, which was released on the same day and has a similar message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 20, 2020 3:19 PM

Awful beyond words.

Nothing but fat black women who can't sing or dance.

by Anonymousreply 27August 20, 2020 3:27 PM

This is utter garbage, and a sign our culture has plummeted into nothingness.

by Anonymousreply 28August 20, 2020 3:29 PM

It's a very trashy CUNTry

by Anonymousreply 29August 20, 2020 3:31 PM

My dad, who is sixty and a life long Democrat, saw this video on something one night and said something like, "I've never felt racist before but that kind of trash makes me understand why people feel that way." I scolded him because I hadn't been paying attention to what he was watching.

by Anonymousreply 30August 20, 2020 3:35 PM

Obsessed with sex and zero impulse control. This is what racists always say about blacks.

by Anonymousreply 31August 20, 2020 3:44 PM

Same as it ever was.

It reminds me of when I was a teenager and we heard naughty lyrics. So subversive! So edgy.

Mehhhh.

by Anonymousreply 32August 20, 2020 3:58 PM

[quote]Obsessed with sex and zero impulse control. This is what racists always say about blacks.

Gee, and all this time I thought it was "lazy and shifty with a penchant for watermelon and fried chicken."

by Anonymousreply 33August 20, 2020 4:16 PM

Pussy pussy fuck fuck shit spank ass rape piss fuck nasty bitch ho asshole motherfucker mop bucket piss pussy pussy cock.

by Anonymousreply 34August 20, 2020 4:17 PM

This is something made by morons for the braindead. Completely depressing and awful. They'll screech about how empowered they are and then wonder why people have no respect for them.and consider them as, yes, hos and bitches. Yuck. And Biden spoke to one of these cunts? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 35August 20, 2020 4:18 PM

R34, present hole and we’ll talk.

by Anonymousreply 36August 20, 2020 4:18 PM

Shaun T adding his own choreography to it. His husband is so lucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 20, 2020 4:29 PM

WAP did NOT break the record for the biggest streaming week in the US. Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande continues to hold the record for the biggest streaming week ever by a female artist in the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 20, 2020 4:46 PM

Madonna must be pea green with envy and will be attempting to insert herself into WAP soon. Maybe she’ll photoshop herself into the video, or make her own on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2020 6:11 PM

Oh god, imagine Madonna doing some kind of "Wet Ass Pussy" thing at her age.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2020 6:12 PM

Does anyone actually buy music nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2020 6:14 PM

Gays are stupid if they would be a fan of this shit after the anti-gay shit MTS has said in the past. Of course she was “sorry” after her old tweets were dug up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2020 6:26 PM

R37 Nothing more sad than old gays worshipping “pop divas”.🙄

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2020 6:27 PM

This type of thing makes me nostalgic for the 2000s.

by Anonymousreply 44August 20, 2020 6:27 PM

You’re right R43. Instead, they should be worshipping dead Hollywood singers, the British Royal Family, and muscular instagays; that’s what old gays should be doing.

by Anonymousreply 45August 20, 2020 6:35 PM

I have heard a parturient elephant in the forest nearby bellowing more beautifully than she does. And the song is shit!

by Anonymousreply 46August 20, 2020 7:11 PM

These fatties have no talent, but to be fair songs about sex have been around since "Great Balls of Fire".

by Anonymousreply 47August 20, 2020 7:24 PM

Listening to this song made me feel dirty--like I needed to take a bath

by Anonymousreply 48August 20, 2020 7:39 PM

I don’t come to DL for wet pussy talk.

by Anonymousreply 49August 20, 2020 7:41 PM

[quote]You’re right [R43]. Instead, they should be worshipping dead Hollywood singers, the British Royal Family, and muscular instagays; that’s what old gays should be doing.

No you fucking idiot. My point is try supporting gay artists for once instead of all these no-talent straight sluts.

by Anonymousreply 50August 20, 2020 7:48 PM

I listened to it via my Spotify and was very glad my face was covered because I was grinning like a fool. It’s a novelty song, like Lizzo or Father Guido Sarducci or what have you. It’s not real music. But I had to laugh a few times. It’s funny.

by Anonymousreply 51August 21, 2020 1:45 AM

[quote]Oh god, imagine Madonna doing some kind of "Wet Ass Pussy" thing at her age.

You just taught me what WAP actually meant.

I didn't think it was possible to be even more disgusted after watching that awful video.

I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 52August 21, 2020 8:01 PM

Well, I guess this ho bag’s pussy ain’t as wet and awesome as she thinks it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 15, 2020 8:18 PM

What bothers me the most is that young girls look at these two tramps and think that’s how they should behave in real life.

by Anonymousreply 54September 15, 2020 8:23 PM

Black people doing themselves no favors with this kind of trash music. Sad. But not surprising. We need more folks we can look up to. Our young people need strong black role models not fat hogs singing about taking huge dicks.

by Anonymousreply 55September 15, 2020 8:34 PM

Certified Freak. 7 days a week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 10, 2020 3:39 AM

Vulgar, crass, tasteless. FF me all you want! It’s trash!

by Anonymousreply 57December 10, 2020 3:42 AM

ide never listen to a thing these nasty whores did, theyr vile from their looks to their moronic vocabularys.

by Anonymousreply 58December 10, 2020 3:46 AM

Look what they choose to marry. they just want the biggest cock in town? good god their men are nasty old fukkers.

by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2020 3:47 AM

R58 Cardi B sounds so uneducated. Her grammar makes my mussy so tight!

by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2020 3:47 AM

when folks see this shit they turn racist for sure....makes the singers look like monstrous dangerous aliens. from the gutter of bumhood.

by Anonymousreply 61December 10, 2020 3:51 AM

This is infuriating when you think of all the truly talented musicians & singers through the decades that never got the commercial success they deserved. And all these 2 idiots had to was recite some filth (that's not even catchy) about their yeast infected ladybits, while gyrating their cellulite-riddled asses around and VIOLA! A Number One smash!

But 2020's been such a ridiculously shitty year. How fitting is it that THIS is the top hit.

by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2020 3:56 AM

R55, don't blame Black people for this garbage. These just happen to be the only type of Black Women that Music Execs & The MSM are willing to promote. It's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2020 4:01 AM

Cardi B and Meghan’s ‘WAP’ shatters Records as Number One Song on Charts

[quote] Vulgar, crass, tasteless. FF me all you want! It’s trash! R57

[quote] Look what they choose to marry. they just want the biggest cock in town? good god their men are nasty old fukkers. R59

[quote] Cardi B sounds so uneducated. Her grammar makes my mussy so tight! R60

[quote] when folks see this shit they turn racist for sure....makes the singers look like monstrous dangerous aliens. from the gutter of bumhood. R61

R62, you're of the same ilk as the others.

People like you made WAP shatter records, not Cardi B. and Meghan. You drew so much attention to it which was the best free PR ever. YOU shattered the record!

None of you are gay. You're heteros posing as gay men to perpetuate stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2020 4:03 AM

If we stopped consuming this crap, it wouldn’t be produced. Just like if everybody stayed home for two weeks, we wouldn’t have a pandemic. Easier said than done!

by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote] If we stopped consuming this crap, it wouldn’t be produced. Just like if everybody stayed home for two weeks, we wouldn’t have a pandemic. Easier said than done!

Actually, you could just keep your mouth completely shut. Did you have a knife held at your throat forcing you to listen?

Didn't think so.

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2020 4:07 AM

R66 wouldn’t listen to this shit if you paid me

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2020 4:12 AM

Really?

I know it's just like an oldster, but in my day we had the 5th Dimension, Gladys Knight, Tom Jones, Aretha, and other mega talents. Today we have WAP- wet ass pussy and the young people think it's so great! It isn't.

by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2020 4:41 AM

Liz made me laugh at R56s link

by Anonymousreply 69December 10, 2020 5:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!