Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ewan McGregors ex wife deals him a major blow in divorce victory that hands her half of his future Star Wars royalties

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 28, 2021 5:08 AM

Get money, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 1August 16, 2020 5:42 AM

You should probably pluralize "infidelity' because I'm sure Winstead wasn't the first

by Anonymousreply 2August 16, 2020 5:42 AM

A surprise, to be sure, but welcome one.

by Anonymousreply 3August 16, 2020 5:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 16, 2020 5:53 AM

Get that money girl

by Anonymousreply 5August 16, 2020 5:58 AM

I love R3

by Anonymousreply 6August 16, 2020 6:00 AM

That's a tough cock to give up. I understand why, but, oof...

Get ALL the money!

by Anonymousreply 7August 16, 2020 6:01 AM

Good for her but she deserve more than half. Ewan McGregor is such a sleaze - hope his 'relationship' with that vulgar tart MEW falls in a heap. It's what he deserves.

by Anonymousreply 8August 16, 2020 6:34 AM

I always feel bad for Winstead's ex-husband. Everyone always forgets about him. Her divorce announcement on her Instagram in hindsight seemed pretty cruel. I think he didn't yet know she had been fucking McGregor.

by Anonymousreply 9August 16, 2020 6:36 AM

R9 MEW sounds like a real nasty piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 10August 16, 2020 6:39 AM

She's a French woman who knew what she was getting into.

She married a burgeoning worldwide movie star with a huge cock in his early 20s.

I mean, get it gurl, I guess, but don't pretend you didn't plan for it to happen this way.

by Anonymousreply 11August 16, 2020 6:47 AM

I love when his daughters shade MEW

by Anonymousreply 12August 16, 2020 6:47 AM

[quote]She married a burgeoning worldwide movie star with a huge cock in his early 20s. I mean, get it gurl, I guess, but don't pretend you didn't plan for it to happen this way.

They met in 1995 when the only notable thing he appeared in was "Shallow Grave". I doubt either one knew that he would become a star.

by Anonymousreply 13August 16, 2020 7:12 AM

In '95, he had Trainspotting and Pillow Book lined up.

With his big cock out there for the world to see.

She knew what she was getting into. Again - she's a French woman.

by Anonymousreply 14August 16, 2020 7:16 AM

[quote]I love when his daughters shade MEW

What have they said about her?

by Anonymousreply 15August 16, 2020 7:17 AM

And why is Winstead nasty?

by Anonymousreply 16August 16, 2020 7:20 AM

Someone on Twitter posted that MEW seemed like a nice person and Clara McGregor replied "that girl is nothing but trash."

by Anonymousreply 17August 16, 2020 7:20 AM

Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 18August 16, 2020 7:23 AM

I don't know why this is such a blow. Actors pretty much know that if they get divorced, the money they earn during the marriage is gonna go 50-50 to a spouse. They have two kids that she raised while he was off filming.

The dude owns 34 cars. She gets five of them.

He still has tons of earning potential. Boo hoo? I guess?

by Anonymousreply 19August 16, 2020 7:29 AM

They have four daughters. Two are adopted.

by Anonymousreply 20August 16, 2020 7:32 AM

I was a petty little bitch when my mother left my father for another man.

Team Shady Daughters.

by Anonymousreply 21August 16, 2020 7:50 AM

I forever hate MEW for that movie where she played a drunk schoolteacher who pissed herself and went to work the next day wearing the same dress and underwear and no one noticed.

Imagine how much her cooter stank.

by Anonymousreply 22August 16, 2020 7:57 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 16, 2020 7:58 AM

MEW is the villain in this whole affair. Ewan was cunt struck - it will all end in tears for him but I think it is important for his children to have a healthy loving relationship with him. They shouldn't let that skanky ho' MEW destroy that.

by Anonymousreply 24August 16, 2020 9:14 AM

Serves him right for getting with a vile stinkfish instead of with us!

Greedy stinkfish sometimes have 'accidents'............

by Anonymousreply 25August 16, 2020 9:29 AM

R24 you seem to be taking this rather personally....

by Anonymousreply 26August 16, 2020 11:39 AM

I remember one of his first big interviews, maybe in Vanity Fair. She expressed reservations about the effects of fame on their marriage and child. She was right. Glad she made him pay.

by Anonymousreply 27August 16, 2020 12:58 PM

How will he finance his “trips” with Hugh Dancy?

by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2020 1:10 PM

Mm, can you elaborate, r28?

What I find completely trashy is his daughters dissing his new girlfriend online...

by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2020 1:14 PM

His big money years are behind him, he'll never make that kind of money again and the ex-wife just took half of it.

by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2020 2:00 PM

His one future potential source of big money remains associated with Star Wars. He'll have to start a new franchise as their elder character in the future. In 2030 he'll be Alfred in that decades reboot of Batman.

by Anonymousreply 31August 16, 2020 2:40 PM

I’m guessing the Star Wars residuals are still coming in hot, plus there have been rumors of a Disney+ series about McGregor’s Obi-Wan.

by Anonymousreply 32August 16, 2020 2:54 PM

R29, more than one blind item has linked the two of them in a down low relationship.

by Anonymousreply 33August 16, 2020 4:00 PM

I'm not a Star Wars person, but, wasn't he in the ones that were considered "bad"?

by Anonymousreply 34August 16, 2020 4:27 PM

R34 yep, but they’re still in syndication with the rest of them. He’s also widely considered to be one of the high points of the prequel movies

by Anonymousreply 35August 16, 2020 4:28 PM

I struggle to tell apart Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Michelle Dockery. They look alike and are both unmemorable as actors.

by Anonymousreply 36August 16, 2020 4:57 PM

No stinkfish deserves that much money just for being a lump of shit that happened to be married to a hot man

by Anonymousreply 37August 16, 2020 5:00 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 16, 2020 5:01 PM

Wow her ex is way hotter.

by Anonymousreply 39August 16, 2020 5:13 PM

Wow, he actually is:

by Anonymousreply 40August 16, 2020 5:13 PM

He essentially did a transformation once she left him because here's how he looked when they married:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 16, 2020 5:23 PM

R11 I agree. She was a "worldly" Frenchwoman(French and Greek, Jewish and had lived in China for years with her parents which is how she got her first big entertainment job with Steven Spielberg as an interpreter on Empire of the Sun), she was 5 years older than him. But he was an up and coming actor in 95 and had a lot of buzz around him. It was a gamble of course, buzz can fade, but not really that huge of one as he had the looks, talent and charisma to make it stick, if anyone could.

IMO she probably tried to play the European sophisticate(who like to think they are so much more sophisticated about having lovers and what not) and was always letting him sleep with whoever he wanted to(I mean it's not like MEW was the first), but probably on the understanding she'd always be number 1 and it would never be a public thing.

Unfortunately after 20 years he actually caught feelings for one of them, which tends to happen. And now she gets to play the poor unwitting victim. He could have gone about it better but this wasn't some shock to her, except that this time he actually fell for the girl.

by Anonymousreply 42August 16, 2020 8:32 PM

Ewan and Hugh Dancy? Hot!

by Anonymousreply 43August 16, 2020 8:46 PM

Well, is it any wonder Kurt Wild ended up back in the gutter with rats? At the end of days, all returns to whence it came, and the natural order is restored.

Perhaps in his next film he’ll have to show cock again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 16, 2020 9:50 PM

"His big money years are behind him, he'll never make that kind of money again and the ex-wife just took half of it. "

I'd feel sorry for him, if he hadn't had tens of thousands of chances to keep his wiener in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 45August 17, 2020 3:58 AM

So they were married for what, 25 years, and he was (allegedly) fucking around the entire time?

She's been unusually tolerant of his infidelity, if even a tenth of the rumors are true, and it probably didn't take him long into the marriage take her tolerance totally for granted. But that's the problem with taking any human being for granted, 99.9% of them will get fed up and stop forgiving everything at some point, usually a very long time after the other partner has stopped wondering where the limit is and has come to believe they can get away with anything. It's always so hilarious to see how gobsmacked cheaters are when the worm finally turns.

by Anonymousreply 46August 17, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote] She's a French woman who knew what she was getting into.

I agree 100%. Ewan is the kind of person you just know gets it on with everyone. He's so likeable that straight men want to bang him, which is why his Obi-Wan Kenobi is so hugely popular. In any case if they didn't have an open relationship the wife was a total idiot, and yes, I totally blame her for being stupid. However I'm also 100% she knew exactly what she was getting into and she knew what was happening. Does she deserve half of his money? Who knows. Ewan will keep on working until he dies because besides being a likeable hottie he's also a good actor, which means he'll get plenty of chances to earn more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2020 4:17 AM

I'm sorry but not only do you marry a guy who looks like THIS and has tons of charisma, but then you add in the fact that he's rich and famous and of course he's going to be sticking his dick in a lot of people whether he's married or not. That's just the way it goes. Don't act all surprised when he's not 100% faithful to you. Nobody who looks like that and has fame and money is going to keep his dick exclusively to your hole only. That's the way of the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 17, 2020 4:28 AM

He knocked up Nicole Kidman during Moulin Rouge and her defective womb miscarried his big-dicked child.

by Anonymousreply 49August 17, 2020 4:32 AM

R43 Yeah I hadn't heard rumors about Dancy and McGregor, anyone want to add some details? That's a nice one to imagine.

by Anonymousreply 50August 17, 2020 4:33 AM

Tom was pissed about the Nicole affair, if only because Tom wished Ewan would've fucked him instead.

by Anonymousreply 51August 17, 2020 4:36 AM

This story is so dense. It just has so many layers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 17, 2020 1:53 PM

R50, agc blind items...they had something about that a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 53August 17, 2020 2:04 PM

You’d think that once you had Neeson’s horsecock once, nothing else would seem adequate.

by Anonymousreply 54August 17, 2020 2:12 PM

Nice one, R52.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55August 17, 2020 2:27 PM

[quote]In any case if they didn't have an open relationship the wife was a total idiot, and yes, I totally blame her for being stupid.

She gets half his fortune and gets rid of his philandering ways, she doesn't sound like the stupid one to me.

by Anonymousreply 56August 17, 2020 2:36 PM

The replacement woman’s ex is hot. Wish he and Ewen would fuck

by Anonymousreply 57August 17, 2020 2:42 PM

[quote]She's been unusually tolerant of his infidelity, if even a tenth of the rumors are true, and it probably didn't take him long into the marriage take her tolerance totally for granted. But that's the problem with taking any human being for granted, 99.9% of them will get fed up and stop forgiving everything at some point,

I think the difference was there's no real evidence in the public of Ewan's other affairs, whereas this one was made public He was papped kissing Winstead in a restaurant on the birthday of his second youngest daughter. Then his PR team released a statement saying that he and his wife had been separated for some time, but the wife was quoted in the French press as saying that wasn't true.

[quote]Well, is it any wonder Kurt Wild ended up back in the gutter with rats?

Ewan gave Kurt a happy ending for a fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 17, 2020 3:06 PM

Always get a prenuptial agreement so greedys exs cant take YOUR hard earned money.

by Anonymousreply 59August 17, 2020 3:18 PM

he made the dam money, she sat home and did whut, played mommy. NOT FAIR

by Anonymousreply 60August 17, 2020 3:18 PM

Totally fair. She raised the kids they both wanted.

by Anonymousreply 61August 17, 2020 3:27 PM

I can't believe all of you saying 'make him pay' and that she has a right to future earnings.

So much for equality and progress for women. This just makes her look like a gold digging vengeful bitch. People break up all the time. She had a great life for 25 years.

Take some of your settlement and move on. And no, she doesn't deserve even half. It's not like she wasn't raising those kids without multiple nannies, housekeepers, etc.

And she knew his star was on the rise when she married him.

by Anonymousreply 62August 17, 2020 3:36 PM

Your view that raising children and running a household is basically worthless makes me think you're not really on the side of "equality and progress for women," R62.

by Anonymousreply 63August 17, 2020 3:39 PM

Who cares that she's a French "sophisticate"? Even his children know that he's a particularly egregious ass. Hahaha pay her!

by Anonymousreply 64August 17, 2020 3:50 PM

Who is MEW?

by Anonymousreply 65August 17, 2020 3:53 PM

Is he still with MEW?

by Anonymousreply 66August 17, 2020 3:56 PM

[quote] MEW is the villain in this whole affair. Ewan was cunt struck -

Of course this being Datalounge, it's always the woman who is to blame, even though it was McGregor who made the marriage vows.

by Anonymousreply 67August 17, 2020 3:56 PM

McGregor has always struck me as a nice but immature guy. He pretty much sold out by doing all those awful "Star Wars" sequels, and he's not been much of a father, going on those year-long worldwide motorcycle tours when the films weren't shooting.

by Anonymousreply 68August 17, 2020 4:02 PM

R63 - I didn't say it was worthless. I said expecting her to get half plus future earnings to 'stick it to him' is bullshit.

And you think she raised those kids on her own? LOL.

Yes, I could see her with one child on her hip slaving over the stove while another tot pulls at her housedress. That never happened.

YOU are the sexist if you believe she raised them all on her own and he did nothing. Ewan raised those kids 50/50 - AND brought in all the money. She raised the kids WITH nannies and housekeeper help.

If you take money-earning as half the relationship, and child raising as half, then she contributed barely 20% of the relationship because of the help she had.

by Anonymousreply 69August 17, 2020 4:04 PM

Too bad so sad boo hoo.

by Anonymousreply 70August 17, 2020 4:10 PM

She likely was okay with some dalliances on the side, but once you are indiscreet and this affair becomes public the wife has to act.

Ewan's mistake was turning affair into girlfriend. Doubt it was worth so much money.

by Anonymousreply 71August 17, 2020 4:24 PM

And, R56, the kids are probably taking her side in the divorce.

She doesnt look stupid from here!

by Anonymousreply 72August 17, 2020 4:26 PM

[quote]Always get a prenuptial agreement so greedys exs cant take YOUR hard earned money.

This is why men kill their estranged wives 99% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 73August 17, 2020 4:40 PM

R69 I really doubt he raised the kids 50/50. With his career being what it has been, he's probably been absent from the family home for months out of every year, away shooting Star Wars on Australia or taking year-long trips around the world with his pal Charlie or just going to meetings and pre-production stuff in LA. Unless he's been taking the kids out of school and dragging the whole fiky along, she's raised the kids.

Which doesn't entitle her to 50% of his future earnings, but anyone could live comfortably on 50% of his past earnings. Plus some alimony if she's been dependent, and child support if any of the kids are minors.

by Anonymousreply 74August 17, 2020 5:12 PM

Although yes, I can see that might be entitled to 50% of royalties for films he made while she was home bringing up the kids and he was fucking around in Australia or wherever. That could be considered community property, depending on what the law is in the jurisdiction of the trial.

Just nothing from his future roles.

by Anonymousreply 75August 17, 2020 5:15 PM

R74 - but you don't know that. He could have taken the kids on set - many parents do that to a limited amount. He could have been very hands-on while at home.

But the presumption is that he didn't do ANYTHING, as is typically the case in heterosexual divorces. The husband/father gets zero credit for any parenting or for bringing in the money.

However, the woman is presumed to be the self-sacrificing do-it-all parent. That is sometimes the case - but not in most modern marriages.

The point is - he also raised those kids. And when you have to work and one doesn't, then yes, of course that takes away the time you can spend parenting. Doesn't make him a bad or neglectful parent and it certainly doesn't maker her a saint.

by Anonymousreply 76August 17, 2020 6:06 PM

[quote]But the presumption is that he didn't do ANYTHING,

And your presumption is that his wife relied on other people for the bulk of childrearing. You have no way of knowing whether that's true, just as you don't know what he contributed. Nor do you know what she sacrificed to allow him to pursue his career. You're just defaulting to the standard DL "women are evil" trope.

by Anonymousreply 77August 17, 2020 6:14 PM

Y'all should google or youtube more of Riley Stearns! He went from a cute nerdy hipster to a ripped alpha stud! He is so hot!

by Anonymousreply 78August 17, 2020 6:16 PM

R77 - I never said she was evil - get out of here with that bullshit. If you believe the wife of a multi-millionaire star raised all of the kids by herself without any help, you're delusional.

I do know he didn't contribute ZERO and I know she didn't do it all.

But keep on with your man-hating ways.

by Anonymousreply 79August 17, 2020 6:30 PM

This has all what DL loves from the posters- hot guys, misogyny, unfounded gay rumors and finally an argument between two posters - usually between a cynic who calls themselves a realist and someone that is semi-normal but has their own prejudices/ fantasies they state as fact. And around and round it goes

by Anonymousreply 80August 17, 2020 6:45 PM

MEW= Mary Elizabeth Winstead

by Anonymousreply 81August 17, 2020 7:49 PM

We call her Man Eating Whore

by Anonymousreply 82August 17, 2020 7:56 PM

He (or rather, the money he earned) gave her a life that 99% of the population can only dream of. She can STFU.

by Anonymousreply 83August 17, 2020 7:57 PM

I’m interested in this because he has a big dick.

by Anonymousreply 84August 17, 2020 7:57 PM

Any photos of his meat?

by Anonymousreply 85August 17, 2020 10:28 PM

He dipped his wick and he has to pay for the oil.

by Anonymousreply 86August 17, 2020 10:32 PM

"But the presumption is that he didn't do ANYTHING, as is typically the case in heterosexual divorces."

No, R76, the assumption is that he didn't do as much child-rearing as the wife, considering his schedule.

As is the case in a lot of heterosexual marriages, particularly where the family is supported by the husband - and the courts typically reward the husband for that by making him continue to support the family after a divorce!

by Anonymousreply 87August 17, 2020 11:19 PM

Thanks to Ewan, she's spent the past 25 years being a rich housewife, living a luxe lifestyle. That's a pretty generous trade-off.

by Anonymousreply 88August 17, 2020 11:46 PM

She lived with a serial cheater and liar? She hit the big time.

by Anonymousreply 89August 18, 2020 12:23 AM

R85 Seriously? Who needs photos, you can see it in any number of his movies.

by Anonymousreply 90August 18, 2020 1:09 AM

Ewan presented hole in Velvet Goldmine.

by Anonymousreply 91August 18, 2020 1:11 AM

think before ya fuck, fellas.

by Anonymousreply 92August 18, 2020 1:31 AM

At least Ewan hasn't gotten his gold digger pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 93August 18, 2020 1:33 AM

How are straight men so fucking stupid as to fall into this trap? Why would a wealthy man ever get married at all, as it would be humanly impossible to ever spend that money on quality hookers even if you had a fresh one every day!

Dopes!

by Anonymousreply 94August 18, 2020 1:35 AM

Ewan's thing with MEW has midlife crisis written all over it. He and his wife had an open marriage, and they were still raising children together. He could have banged MEW and moved on, but noooo, he had to fall in love. He destroyed his family and gave up half his fortune for a relationship that won't last 5 years.

by Anonymousreply 95August 18, 2020 2:12 AM

R95 I see you also knew my mother...minus the fortune. -R21

by Anonymousreply 96August 18, 2020 2:22 AM

They were married a long time. People do grow apart, but he was not discrete at all

He wanted to show off the new pussy and he didn't give two shits about his daughters or his ex-wife

by Anonymousreply 97August 18, 2020 2:53 AM

MEW is the most basic bitch in Hollywood. She looks like if Lens got Gastric bypass and a good makeover.

by Anonymousreply 98August 18, 2020 3:12 AM

R97 I subscribe to the theory that she didn't mind him having flings, but he caught feelings for MEW. That was the betrayal, not his penis.

by Anonymousreply 99August 18, 2020 3:35 AM

well then write the damn check and marry the dingbat who is young enough to be your daughter. and then write her a check in a few years.

by Anonymousreply 100August 18, 2020 3:37 AM

R100 funny enough a few years ago, pre MEW, I was at a charity event and Ewan showed up with one of his older daughters. I assumed it was his girlfriend. Very pretty girl.

by Anonymousreply 101August 18, 2020 3:45 AM

Ewan with two of his daughters. Clara, the oldest who called MEW trash and Esther whose birthday it was where the affair went public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102August 18, 2020 3:55 AM

MEW is a bore. She has the prototypical bland suburban American girl next door face. It's weird how many American women have her features, it seems in Europe looks are more varied. American faces tend to look so vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 103August 18, 2020 4:03 AM

[quote]I love when his daughters shade MEW

[quote]What have they said about her?

They said they want to BLIND her! They said it's CURTAINS for her! They say they want to SHUTTER mouth!

by Anonymousreply 104August 18, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote]Who is MEW?

YOU RANG?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 18, 2020 4:11 AM

Ewan’s daughters are far prettier than that bland whore Mew.

by Anonymousreply 106August 18, 2020 6:27 AM

No man should marry.

by Anonymousreply 107August 18, 2020 6:54 AM

Good for her! She popped out his babies and put up with his hair for years. Gurl earned every dime.

by Anonymousreply 108August 18, 2020 7:00 AM

r88, and she will continue till live in the style she is accustomed to.

Did she put aside her career to raise his kids? Some people think that being married to a rich actor is enough but what about the prime of their lives to have their own career, not lived up to.

by Anonymousreply 109August 18, 2020 3:36 PM

R11 I've seen his cock in a few movies. Never once did it strike me as huge.

Regardless, his daughter seems to really have it in for Mary Elizabeth Winstead, I assume she knows a lot more of the gory details of the fall out than the public, so I guess the ex-wife deserves a nice payday.

by Anonymousreply 110August 18, 2020 3:59 PM

Ewan is extremely average looking. His accent hides his flaws.

by Anonymousreply 111August 18, 2020 6:33 PM

He was a stunning beauty in Lipstick on Your Collar and Scarlet and Black and was destined to be a huge star since then.

R111 have had cataract from 1993 and never had it removed, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 112August 18, 2020 6:43 PM

No r112. If you look up AWG in Webster’s Dictionary, there’s a photo of Ewan next to the definition.

by Anonymousreply 113August 18, 2020 7:04 PM

McGregor has always been average looking. I take it he is quite short.

by Anonymousreply 114August 18, 2020 8:39 PM

The age gap between McGregor and Winstead is not huge, but fairly significant.

I have to say this whole situation makes Winstead look a lot more interesting. Before, she was a decent actress with cute, girl-next-girl looks, but pretty bland personality.

I wonder if she's naive enough to think he won't cheat on her?

by Anonymousreply 115June 4, 2021 4:47 AM

Isnt the ex wife the former nanny ?

by Anonymousreply 116June 4, 2021 4:58 AM

R116 - I think you're thinking Jude Law.

How the fuck can a court say that you're welcome to half of FUTURE earnings? I don't care if the contract was signed while they were married.

This is why there are such bad feelings among straight men toward divorce and gold diggers.

by Anonymousreply 117June 4, 2021 5:01 AM

Ewan left his wife and four children for a side piece. She deserves every penny.

by Anonymousreply 118June 4, 2021 5:03 AM

Why do men even bother getting married? Is it to hand over half their money to women they no longer want to have sex with? Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 119June 4, 2021 5:11 AM

[quote]This is why there are such bad feelings among straight men toward divorce and gold diggers.

The majority of those straight men worried about golddiggers don't have enough gold for a woman to dig for. They're delusional.

And it's a well-known statistic that women almost always end up worse off financially after a divorce than men do. The Mackenzie Bezoses of the world are few and far between.

by Anonymousreply 120June 4, 2021 9:14 AM

I really would like to see Ewan McGregor and his whore MEW die. I've never felt that way about anybody before.

by Anonymousreply 121June 4, 2021 9:53 AM

If he wanted to slut around indefinitely, then why marry at all? Such a dumb move. Just do like DiCaprio.

by Anonymousreply 122June 4, 2021 10:43 AM

R60/R62/R69/R76 Ewan worked hard for his money...playing pretend and dress-up in front of a camera, for an adoring public who didn’t ever expect or demand much of him, because he played an already-beloved pointy laser-sword man in a sci-fi fantasy kids’ movie.

It’s not like he’s Larry Olivier, get a grip. He doesn’t even work half as hard as Branagh, who himself has been phoning it in for years. The most hard-working and skilled Brit actors today are all the ones continuously grafting in mid-tier prestige TV drama and in newly-written plays, not those like Ewan doing occasional glossy Hollywood drek around teeing up personal homoromantic mid-life jaunts on motorbikes.

by Anonymousreply 123June 4, 2021 2:02 PM

Just try not to knock up the latest model, big man. It’s an expensive old game, and there’s no time left for the lads when you’re changing nappies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 4, 2021 2:08 PM

R120 - we're not talking about women being destitute and lower class families. We're talking about a woman who has lived a life of luxury with nannies and housekeepers getting more millions on top of the millions they already received. For work that hasn't even been done yet.

That is unfair and women need to recognize it and identify it. But they don't. The attitude always is - GET AS MUCH AS YOU CAN! BANKRUPT HIM!

by Anonymousreply 125June 4, 2021 2:14 PM

[quote] "....with a huge cock..."

I've never understood the hype. I've seen all four of those films, and while it wasn't underwhelming, it wasn't "huge" by any means.

by Anonymousreply 126June 4, 2021 2:22 PM

I hope she takes everything and am so proud of her. Fuck movie stars who upgrade to a younger model after 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 127June 4, 2021 2:49 PM

These spouses of celebrities are the most naive people on Earth to think their spouse will stay faithful.

by Anonymousreply 128June 4, 2021 2:58 PM

I'm so sorry he did those Star Wars movies. They were awful, and they sidetracked his career for a decade. he was such a promising actor when he; was younger.

He still is, and he could get back to doing great roles again. unfortunately he was incredibly miscast as Halston (not because he didn't look like him--which he didn't--, but rather because he was not able to seem like someone who grew up in Indiana).

by Anonymousreply 129June 4, 2021 3:32 PM

Ewan always fucked around. In a few years he'll trade in MEW for someone younger than his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 130June 4, 2021 6:12 PM

Agreed, R126.

by Anonymousreply 131June 4, 2021 6:16 PM

[Quote]I hope she takes everything and am so proud of her. Fuck movie stars who upgrade to a younger model after 20 years.

I don't think he wanted an upgrade. There were always cheating rumors and it seems his wife was fine with it as long as he was discrete. Problem was his affair with MEW was very public and embarrassing for her so she finally dumped him.

by Anonymousreply 132June 4, 2021 6:28 PM

[quote]I don't think he wanted an upgrade. There were always cheating rumors and it seems his wife was fine with it as long as he was discrete.

I think his being indiscrete was the key, too. Also, she may have realized he was in love. It's one thing to fuck around on the side, but to actually date someone is could be the deal breaker. He was papped kissing MEW in a restaurant on his 2nd youngest daughter's birthday, instead of carrying on behind closed doors like a good adulterer is supposed to.

by Anonymousreply 133June 4, 2021 6:32 PM

[Quote]If he wanted to slut around indefinitely, then why marry at all? Such a dumb move. Just do like DiCaprio.

I guess some men want both: a stable family life with kids they can always return to and an endless supply of hot young women to fuck. It probably even works fine for a lot of celebrities as long as your wife has a privileged life and security and you don't embarrass her in public with your affairs.

by Anonymousreply 134June 4, 2021 6:35 PM

DiCaprio's models are beards.

by Anonymousreply 135June 4, 2021 6:55 PM

Have these people never heard of PreNups?

by Anonymousreply 136June 4, 2021 6:59 PM

R136, Ewan wasn't a famous actor at the time of the marriage. It's doubtful he ever imagined he'd need a prenup.

by Anonymousreply 137June 4, 2021 7:00 PM

They only looked big on him coz he's a shortie

by Anonymousreply 138June 4, 2021 7:02 PM

Mary Elizabeth looks exactly like a younger version of his wife. That must sting for Eve--you are literally being traded in for a younger clone.

Ewan married at 25 when he was just beginning to become a star. Eve was also pregnant with their oldest daughter. He probably should have just paid child support and stayed single.

by Anonymousreply 139June 4, 2021 7:07 PM

I stand with Ewan, because he shows his (very respectable) penis onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 140June 4, 2021 7:31 PM

Unpopular opinion. I've never believed in the automatic 50-50 split. The person doing the work should get a larger share. Please do not even try to suggest that staying home and taking care of children or doing housework or whatever is in any way comparable. The stay at home spouses of postal clerks do as much if not more than the spouses of the wealthy with the money that affords them an easier life with lots of help. Sorry but the person who chooses not to work and be completely supported by the working spouse doesn't always deserve 50-50.

In marriages with lesser incomes then 50-50 is probably fairer because the pot is smaller but in huge income couple divorces one doesn't need a 50-50 split to enjoy a fair and even generous compensation and future security. People who live large because of others' work should not expect to live the same lifestyle once the marriage is over.

I'm a woman and I have never believed that wives should continue to suck off the teet of someone they are no longer married to.

by Anonymousreply 141June 4, 2021 7:43 PM

I really liked MEW in Cloverfield Lane and Brain Dead. What a disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 142June 4, 2021 7:45 PM

It depends. If a couple is middle-class or working-class and the stay-at-home parent handles all child care and most of the home care, they are working just as hard as the working spouse. However, if the couple is upper-class and has a lot of domestic help, it's a different situation.

by Anonymousreply 143June 4, 2021 7:54 PM

R141, these rules are written by, and enforced by, straight men, and they generally benefit from them. I imagine that an occasional Ewan McGregor getting thrown to the wolves is nothing in the scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 144June 4, 2021 8:09 PM

Can 2021 be the year when we all collectively awaken from the delusion of a century that in the social hierarchy actors are higher than the prostitute/gypsy class? The Elizabethans had it right.

by Anonymousreply 145June 4, 2021 9:52 PM

This thread is full of bitter fraus.

Go back to whatever feminist shithole you came from.

by Anonymousreply 146June 5, 2021 5:41 AM

MEW? Like the Pokemon? The genetic ancestor of all Pokemon. A floating pink cat-like creature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 5, 2021 6:17 AM

R8 It is was both Ewan and MEW deserve. MEW chased after Ewan whilst he was still married. Eve inviting the scheming slut MEW into her home.

MEW and Claire Danes should hitch up together - two peas in a pod that pair.

by Anonymousreply 148June 5, 2021 7:00 AM

[quote]These spouses of celebrities are the most naive people on Earth to think their spouse will stay faithful.

Just because someone is a celebrity does not mean they have the right to be unfaithful. If the celebrity has made a commitment to their spouse and has children they should have to stick to their vows just the same as ordinary folks do.

by Anonymousreply 149June 5, 2021 12:13 PM

Well thank GOD his Halston money is safe.

by Anonymousreply 150June 5, 2021 12:25 PM

Enjoy your cheater, Sister Mary Elizabeth! Eve’s gonna go enjoy her money now.

by Anonymousreply 151June 5, 2021 2:40 PM

“Indiscreet” and “indiscrete” are not interchangeable.

by Anonymousreply 152June 5, 2021 2:41 PM

Frequent rumor has it that Ewan and Eve always had an open marriage. It wasn't the sexual infidelity that was the problem: It was the fact that he fell in love with Winstead. That's always the danger in an open relationship, especially when the woman is older than the man. Mid-life crisis hits and the man, who's long been sampling the wares of others, finds a younger, tighter model he likes better.

by Anonymousreply 153June 5, 2021 4:47 PM

R153, do their daughters know they had an open marriage?

by Anonymousreply 154June 6, 2021 12:16 PM

She should’ve done a Trudie Styler and pretended to be into women, offering to join them in a threesome strictly to keep an eye on things.

by Anonymousreply 155June 6, 2021 1:13 PM

Ewan McGregor has made zero impression on me over his career. I'm not sure I could pick him out of a line up of light brown-haired guys his age. He's so bland, imo, and very lucky to have gotten the Star Wars films at all.

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2021 1:03 AM

I finally figured out who his wife reminds of - Sam Johnson Taylor. They have the same eyes and smile.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2021 4:41 PM

Michael Sheen is wise. He's never been married, just fucks em' and dumps em'.

by Anonymousreply 158June 8, 2021 7:29 PM

Yeah, I don't think Sheen would be with his current partner if she hadn't gotten knocked up.

by Anonymousreply 159June 8, 2021 8:20 PM

I heard at least 70% of celebrity relationships have a "don't ask, don't tell" arrangement. When an "affair" goes public or someone falls in love, that's when divorce happens.

by Anonymousreply 160June 8, 2021 11:47 PM

^Who told you that and how did they get the number of 70%? Did "they" hand out questionnaires to all celebrities and asked them extremely personal questions about their relationships/marriages and possible arrangements?

by Anonymousreply 161June 9, 2021 12:39 AM

When you're with somebody who's famous and good-looking and who's also away from home for long stretches of time, it's totally unrealistic to expect monogamy from them. That's just the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 162June 11, 2021 5:37 AM

[quote]Frequent rumor has it that Ewan and Eve always had an open marriage.

I’ve told this story on DL a before: I used to know a guy who did security for gay bars and clubs in London in the early 2000’s, and he said he frequently saw EM at the gay bars/clubs that this guy did security for. This guy had no reason to make this up and he told me stories about a few other celebrities that later turned out to be true, so I’m sure he was telling the truth. I was never a fan of EM so I never bothered to ask questions, but now I wish I would have asked if he used to show up and/or leave alone or with someone. And I do understand that occasionally a straight guy will go to a gay bar/club and it’s not a big deal, but regularly? That’s a bit strange.

by Anonymousreply 163June 11, 2021 6:28 AM

R162 His wife is a nobody. She's lucky to even get $1 million, but of course the court systems in the west are biased against men.

by Anonymousreply 164June 11, 2021 6:41 AM

Good luck getting anything out of Disney without a lawsuit, honey.

by Anonymousreply 165June 11, 2021 6:42 AM

R107 I hear these divorce nightmares and feel gratitude to God or mother nature for being gay. It's boggles the mind why any famous or rich man would get married.

by Anonymousreply 166June 11, 2021 6:43 AM

R149

^ frau spotted in the wild

by Anonymousreply 167June 11, 2021 6:45 AM

Except to each other.

by Anonymousreply 168June 11, 2021 6:45 AM

Leo D. not sounding so dumb after all.

by Anonymousreply 169June 11, 2021 6:56 AM

It's crazy how these lazy wives of celebrities feel entitled to money they didn't earn. Popping out kids is not hard, nor is it work.

by Anonymousreply 170June 11, 2021 7:04 AM

Have you done it, R170?

by Anonymousreply 171June 11, 2021 7:07 AM

They have nannies and housekeepers to take care of the kids.

by Anonymousreply 172June 11, 2021 7:13 AM

I can't imagine being a breeder. I just can't.

by Anonymousreply 173June 12, 2021 12:00 AM

McGregor is the one who adopted young girls and had his wife raise them while he went to make shitty Hollywood movies and travelogues.

by Anonymousreply 174June 13, 2021 2:12 AM

His wife had a lot of help. She lived the life of a wealthy woman and the kids had nannies.

by Anonymousreply 175June 13, 2021 2:15 AM

Yeah, who she has to manage, not Ewan. He got to escape. And he did.

by Anonymousreply 176June 13, 2021 2:29 AM

Oh no managing the household staff! What pain that woman has suffered!

by Anonymousreply 177June 13, 2021 2:33 AM

R174 He and his wife adopted ONE child, Jamyan. She's about the same age as Esther but they adopted her when she was 3 or 4. He met her when he visited a Mongolian orphanage for Unicef during the filming of The Long Way Round. He tells a touching story about in The Long Way Up, about how it's an example of how one small decision can end up making a huge difference in your life. They were struggling to get where they were going and were thinking of taking a detour, but in the end decided to go the original direction. If they'd taken the detour, he'd not have stopped at the orphanage and wouldn't have met his daughter.

by Anonymousreply 178June 13, 2021 2:35 AM

Ewan and Eve adopted two daughters, Jamyan and Anouk. Jamyan is 20, the same age as Esther, and the youngest, Anouk, is 10. I'm not sure if Anouk was a foreign adoption or not.

by Anonymousreply 179June 13, 2021 2:45 AM

Do they have bio kids?

by Anonymousreply 180June 13, 2021 2:47 AM

The two oldest, Clara and Esther, are bio kids.

by Anonymousreply 181June 13, 2021 2:47 AM

I would have Ewan's ass baby.

by Anonymousreply 182June 13, 2021 2:55 AM

Well it's probably true given Eve's age but I don't believe it was ever confirmed Anouk was adopted and the internet info is split, some sources say she's adopted and some say she's biological. She looks like she could be related by blood, light hair, has a similar nose to the McGregor side of the family.

by Anonymousreply 183June 13, 2021 3:19 AM

He gets to float about falling in love with little girls and adopting them, his wife gets the Johor of raising them why he floats off to film sets and fucks Melanie Laurent.

It’s like if Angelina Jolie adopted Maddox expected Billy Bob to raise him whilst she ran off to make Tomb Raider movies and snort coke of her brother’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 184June 13, 2021 6:52 AM

Eve was 44 when Anouk was born. Not impossible that she was a biokid, but less likely than another adoption.

by Anonymousreply 185June 13, 2021 7:56 PM

Good.

by Anonymousreply 186June 13, 2021 7:58 PM

His bio daughters seem a bit off. Clara has lotrs of tats and Esther has a nose ring.

Yea yea it may mean nothing but these are red flags. Oh and the premiere Clara attended with her father wearing a see through dress with the nipples clearly visible. And then she posed for Playboy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 14, 2021 3:34 AM

Clara has a really debauched expression for a 25-year-old. She must have inherited Daddy's appetites.

by Anonymousreply 188June 14, 2021 3:49 AM

50-years old and a father again. At least he gets a son this time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189June 27, 2021 11:44 PM

He just had a kid with MEW

by Anonymousreply 190June 27, 2021 11:46 PM

I didn't even know she was pregnant. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 191June 27, 2021 11:47 PM

At least he can afford all those kids. There's that.

by Anonymousreply 192June 27, 2021 11:49 PM

What did she do for work?

by Anonymousreply 193June 28, 2021 12:45 AM

A makeup artist on film sets

by Anonymousreply 194June 28, 2021 3:59 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 28, 2021 4:12 AM

I'm sure his daughters are just THRILLED: One more kid to split Daddy's fortune and a late-in-life son with the new girlfriend to boot. Guess who's gonna be Daddy's favorite?

That said, Ewan is smarter than Brad Pitt. Ewan's kids from his first LTR are mad at him so he just has more kids. Winstead is young enough that they could have another one, too.

by Anonymousreply 196June 28, 2021 1:04 PM

I just realized that was Clara holding the baby in the picture. Well, my point still stands: Daddy has more kids, and the whining kids from the first marriage suddenly stop whining and start making nice now that there's a new heir in town. Brad should take notes.

by Anonymousreply 197June 28, 2021 1:06 PM

Clara is the same age Ewan was she was born. Wouldn't be at all surprised if she pops a sprog in a year or two, making Ewan a hot granddaddy.

by Anonymousreply 198June 28, 2021 1:07 PM

I don't condone what he did, but I get it. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 199June 28, 2021 1:15 PM

[quote] A makeup artist on film sets

Aw. Smart first wife. So her career choice worked after all. She snagged herself a long term, much better paying job. With a great pension and parachute.

Eva was crew on a popular TV show he was on. He had already been in Shallow Grave, Trainspotting in the works and he was an up and coming actor. The she got pregnant. Oops.

Something tells me that Ewan settled early and couldn't get out. Happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 200June 28, 2021 6:30 PM

Notice Ewan hasn't married Mary yet. After the way Eve took him to the cleaners, Mary may have to settle for just being a long-term partner.

by Anonymousreply 201June 28, 2021 6:44 PM

R200, that's a bit of an overstatement. He didn't have to get married. He didn't have to stay married. He didn't have to keep having kids. Hell, he could have entered into a post-marriage property settlement agreement with the Mrs. He sort of dug his grave.

by Anonymousreply 202June 28, 2021 6:49 PM

Men don't "have" to do a lot of things but our society pressures men in many ways just like it pressures women.

R202, many people are just not able to stand up to what is expected of them rather than what they want to do or even feel is right or smart to do.

I see this all the time and I can't help but feel good when someone, anyone, is able to break away from a life imposed upon them (yes, even self-imposed). Not to say that these lives don't have worth and times of positivity but living a life you don't want can be a hell.

by Anonymousreply 203June 28, 2021 7:04 PM

My mom broke up our family with cheating. These girls are playing MUCH nicer than I would if presented with the bastard child of my parent's adultery.

by Anonymousreply 204June 28, 2021 7:48 PM

[quote]many people are just not able to stand up to what is expected of them rather than what they want to do or even feel is right or smart to do.

Ewan seemed to resist the expectation to stay faithful to his wife just fine.

by Anonymousreply 205June 28, 2021 8:14 PM

Why is Clara playing nice with MEW now? Is she really excited about a new baby brother and just wants to keep the peace, or does she hope this will keep her in the will? Surprise - it won't - Ewan is going to favor MEW and new baby boy now. Bye, first family!

by Anonymousreply 206June 28, 2021 8:25 PM

The adopted ones will get zip.

by Anonymousreply 207June 28, 2021 8:26 PM

R207 = Christina Crawford

by Anonymousreply 208June 28, 2021 8:27 PM

It's not as though Eva will have a second family. Whatever Ewan does or doesn't do with his will, they'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 209June 28, 2021 8:33 PM

R204 is apparently posting from 1960. "Bastard child?" Really?

by Anonymousreply 210June 28, 2021 8:49 PM

Ewan's first four children don't have to worry about his will. Their mother got half of everything Daddy owns, so they'll be fine financially. Ewan needs to keep working now to make sure his second family (you know he and MEW will have at least one more) is provided for if he pops off early.

by Anonymousreply 211June 28, 2021 8:55 PM

R210 yeah, if I'd been presented with the child that my mother had with the asshole she left my dad for, I'd call it a bastard.

by Anonymousreply 212June 28, 2021 9:09 PM

Ewan's been with Mary for 4 years. The daughters have probably realized by now that if they want to continue their cushy lifestyles as trustafarians, they'd better play nice.

by Anonymousreply 213June 28, 2021 9:11 PM

OMG his relationship with MEW is going to fail so miserably.

by Anonymousreply 214June 28, 2021 9:29 PM

Swan should snip it!

by Anonymousreply 215June 28, 2021 9:58 PM

*Ewan

by Anonymousreply 216June 28, 2021 9:58 PM

The oldest adopted one is making sure she's still in his good graces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 28, 2021 10:29 PM

Brad Pitt should have at least one more child, either as a single father or with a new partner. That would put the fear of God into his useless brats that they'll be disinherited. We all know spendthrift Angie will die broke unless she catches another meal-ticket husband, and the the second husband wouldn't take care of her children, anyway.

McGregor knows what he's doing.

by Anonymousreply 218June 28, 2021 11:06 PM

I'd say by his foolish actions McGregor has no fucking idea what he's doing, r218!

by Anonymousreply 219June 29, 2021 12:50 AM

Is is a syphilis baby?

by Anonymousreply 220June 29, 2021 10:19 AM

A million for every inch!

by Anonymousreply 221June 29, 2021 11:37 AM

Ewan has good relationships with all his children, yes they were understandably angry but they didn't all hate him and they were hanging out with him AND Mary before Mary was pregnant. He got married young and probably stayed too long rather than getting a divorce sooner. He's been with Mary for 4 years, clearly it wasn't just a flash in the pan.

by Anonymousreply 222June 30, 2021 1:19 AM

It's always weird when people are having kids in their 40s and after. And there's no way he will stay faithful and I'm sure Mary knows it.

by Anonymousreply 223July 3, 2021 11:03 PM

The first report was that Olivia and Jason had split in early, but Jason recently confirmed reports that it happened later. He apparently no clue what the fuck happened an was surprised as anyone else at the pics of Olivia and Harry holding hands. She is ruthless. Very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 224July 13, 2021 1:37 PM

I’m not reading all this, but in a nutshell, why is she so angry?

by Anonymousreply 225July 13, 2021 1:54 PM

Who are Olivia and Jason?

by Anonymousreply 226November 28, 2021 12:50 AM

He's probably the type who never leaves, but he will do things that will make you leave him...he strikes me as that type.

by Anonymousreply 227November 28, 2021 12:56 AM

What a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 228November 28, 2021 1:23 AM

I read the first few dozen posts in this thread and was surprised by the amount of people attacking McGregor. Yes, I get that all the hell broke loose when his affair was discovered by the paps. BUT there's no fucking way he hasn't been fucking around since he got married all those years ago, and I'm 100% sure the wife knew all along. I'm convinced he's been fucking his female and male colleagues plus various other people in every production he's been in. You just can see it in him, he's the kind of type even straight boys are attracted to. And I bet he's never been able to say no.

by Anonymousreply 229November 28, 2021 1:44 AM

If he was fucking all those years then he's even more odious than now. Not sure why you think a history of infidelity improves his image

by Anonymousreply 230November 28, 2021 1:57 AM

R229 He was and she was by appearances fine with it. She's French, she was rather international and sophisticated at least compared to him, having lived in China with her parents when she was younger, she's 5 years older than him, they got together when he was like 23, I'ver always thought she did the whole being all French and sophisticated when they got together and "it's OK to have affairs so long we put our relationship first" but at some point after all those years he caught feelings for someone as pretty much inevitably happens. She's probably more pissed he actually left her than over his having an affair.

R230 Because if there is and literally she did nothing about (in fact she both gave birth to and adopted 3 more children with him) then she's complicit. She wasn't some poor little helpless woman, she was in the business before she was with him, she was a set designer and she'd got her start translating Chinese on Empire of the Sun. She was fully capable of divorcing him 20 years ago if infidelity was the issue. Then she's not mad about the affair, she's mad he fell in love with the person and left her. Whether he and Mary last ,who knows but Mary was established and successful in her own right before they got together, so it's not a case of her using him and given he could uh scratch any itches he might have for variety in his previous situation, it's probably a case of him genuinely falling for her.

R226 Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis.

by Anonymousreply 231November 28, 2021 5:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!