Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Randa Jarrar is releasing a book!

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. This is a really pointless topic, I know. Maybe 2020 is just getting to me, but I just spent a good 5 minutes laughing at this. Defender against cultural appropriation and friend of Roxane Gay, Randa Jarrar, is releasing a "funny, fearless and healing" memoir of her travels across the US. You may remember her for her controversial tweets about Barbara Bush after she died. I like travel narratives, so I'd probably read it if I didn't already know it's probably going to be a miserable journey where Jarrar complains about everything, scolds everyone she comes across, and lectures the reader on why white women shouldn't belly dance. The part that got me, though, was this review from a close friend of hers:

"Randa Jarrar is the Arab femme daddy of my dreams and her voice is nothing short of ROYAL." —Myriam Gurba, author of Mean.

I laughed for ages. I've no doubt been inside too long, but what a useless blurb!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16Last Tuesday at 6:39 PM

The Return of Jarrar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108/12/2020

^ Now that? Would terrify me! 😂

by Anonymousreply 208/12/2020

[quote]Defender against cultural appropriation and friend of Roxane Gay

There's the kiss of death right there.

by Anonymousreply 308/12/2020

No kidding, R3. In fact, I'd say she's even more disagreeable than Gay. Last I saw of her, she was yelling at another author on Twitter because when Jarrar got attacked* for her article "Why I Can't Stand White Belly Dancers" this other author... wrote an article in support of her?

*I note most of the "attacks" were actually people just responding with facts to refute her badly thought out premise.

by Anonymousreply 408/12/2020

Is Randa Jarrar someone I should have heard of?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508/12/2020

Nah, not really. It's more like, if you have heard of her, you might get a little laugh. If you haven't heard of her, you're probably better off 🙂

by Anonymousreply 608/12/2020

If people don't know of her, here's a picture of her torturing a donkey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 708/19/2020

OP, who isn't releasing a book? What a waste of paper and reading time.

by Anonymousreply 808/19/2020

She's spent so much of her time complaining that nobody wants to publish her novels, even though according to her what she writes is better than anything else out there, and well deserving of a 7-figure advance. Now, I guess she can't complain anymore as someone is publishing this book, though I highly doubt it's for that much.

by Anonymousreply 908/20/2020

Pretty much anything she writes is a waste of reading time:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1008/20/2020

Another loser piggybacking on the anti-white trend.

by Anonymousreply 1108/20/2020

You just know it's eating her up inside that she doesn't have the kind of engagement on Twitter that gal pal Roxane Gay does. She says supposedly controversial things and no one bites. She's now resorted to reposting the petitions calling for her to get fired back in 2018 and talking about how proud she is of herself for getting through it, and still barely anyone is commenting, haha!

by Anonymousreply 1209/05/2020

Does anyone know what's happening at Fresno State? Jarrar has now closed off her Twitter to just followers and her followers are tweeting things like: "How they treated you was horrible" and "So EXHAUSTED!" and all this sympathy, but I have no idea what they're talking about. Is Jarrar getting fired?

by Anonymousreply 13Last Tuesday at 4:13 PM

I was going to offer to blurb it, but then i realized I was too exhausted.

by Anonymousreply 14Last Tuesday at 4:51 PM

I'm legitimately curious about when white people will eventually decide enough is enough. There's always a straw that breaks the camel's back, but I'm just curious about when the back will break and what the straw will be. What will be the final jenga block to be pulled out and topple the woke tower?

by Anonymousreply 15Last Tuesday at 6:21 PM

R14 that made me laugh for a good 2 minutes, thank you. I don't know what it is, but the Roxane Gay mentions never fail to tickle my funny bone.

R15, what worries me is that there will be a pushback of the kind that scoops up all legitimate concerns about racism with it, so that it is all viewed as being ridiculous and thereby easily dismissed. I have wondered myself what is going to be the straw that breaks the camel's back, and I do think the Adele thing was a minor preview. Thankfully that was led by black people around the world who were tired of being lectured to by ignorant people of any background.

by Anonymousreply 16Last Tuesday at 6:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!