Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air being reimagined as a serious hour-long drama series

LOL! I swear this could have been stolen from the Mark Harris Twitter thread where old shows were being reimagined with "gritty" premises a la Perry Mason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2020 2:23 AM

[quote] Westbrook Studios, a division of Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith’s Westbrook Inc., and Universal TV, which owns copyright to the original series, will serve as the studios.

The cuckoldry must have broken what was left of Smith's mind.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 4:28 PM

They can't create original dramas without using a brand? Pop will eat itself, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 4:30 PM

If the show makes to series and flops hard- I would love to see Jada have another public meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 4:32 PM

I commented this on Deadline, but who knows if it will show up, they're so picky with comments these days:

So this is a thing now? Gritty reboots of sitcoms? Can I pitch a suggestion?

"SHADY PINES" - Dark reimagining of The Golden Girls, where new resident Sophia Petrillo must deduce if the mysterious occurrences she witnesses are hallucinations from her stroke or are really evidence of a sinister conspiracy...

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 4:41 PM

This is stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 4:45 PM

The aforementioned Twitter thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 5:01 PM

Who do they think would want to watch this?

by Anonymousreply 7August 14, 2020 1:56 AM

Are Jaden and Willow slated to star?

by Anonymousreply 8August 14, 2020 2:03 AM

No one needs this

by Anonymousreply 9August 14, 2020 2:14 AM

Wow. It will be just like 'Lou Grant'!

(Except entirely unnecessary.)

by Anonymousreply 10August 14, 2020 2:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!