Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kate Spade

Is Kate Spade a good brand? Just curious what DL thinks of it.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2020 1:48 AM

No. I remember the handbags being popular in the late 90s.

The brand has a certain... “flavor”, as does, say, LL Bean or Benetton or Lilly Pulitzer.

The quality is not any better than any other product. My sister bought some Kate Spade sheets at TJ Maxx last night, as a matter of fact. They’re fine. Not great, not half bad.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 2:44 AM

Doesn't hang well.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 2:45 AM

I'm hanging to hear all your opinions.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 2:47 AM

I have two purses (that I never use) that are nice. I used to like some of her stationary.

But the brand has a certain morbid quality now--you can't see "Kate Spade" without thinking about what happened to her. Apparently, from what I see above, there are sheets. I would not buy anything that has the brand name prominently on it for other people to see.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 2:50 AM

Years ago she 'wrote' a book that was photos of the insides of well known people's handbags. Weird book, but even weirder was that nearly every one of the bags were so freakin neat and organized. It just came off as very fake.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 2:54 AM

[quote]Apparently, from what I see above, there are sheets. I would not buy anything that has the brand name prominently on it for other people to see.

Oh sweet pea, the fact you think you'll bring someone home to see your sheets is cute. Really.

Cute. As. A. Button.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 2:54 AM

It is Fashion Suicide.

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 2:58 AM

R6, you misunderstood my post.

No one looks at the label on sheets--so Kate Spade sheets are fine.

I do not use Kate Spade stationary anymore because the brand name was printed on the outside of the envelope, and I don't want my friends to think of suicide when they receive a card from me.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 3:01 AM

R1 refers to KS sheets. You refer to "sheets above."

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 3:10 AM

I, too, used to use Kate Spade stationery...which could also be found at TJMaxx from time to time. It was high quality and slightly pricey even when discounted, but I'd not used any in years before she died. My sister's best friend owns a boutique and right after Kate's death, she couldn't keep any KS merch in stock, as it was flying out of the store. I think once the "In Memorium" period passed, it sells about like it was selling before. Kate Spade herself had long ago sold the company, similar to Donna Karan.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 3:13 AM

R10 which stationary are you using these days?

I've been using Crane, but I was thinking I would step up to something nicer.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 3:22 AM

R11, I got some personalized stationery with my name embossed on the top about 10 years back, when the store called Paper Affair was still in business. It's by a company called Embossed Graphics. Great card stock, but the envelopes have never sealed properly. I'm almost out of it and would order from a different manufacturer.

Edit: Paper Affair lives on online! They have a nice assortment of choices there, R11. Check them out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 3:39 AM

R12, thank you! I will!

I would love letterpressed personalized stationary, but it's scary expensive. (Though I do get a limited run of letterpressed business cards every year. But I only give them out to important people.)

I would love to get stationary with a big, ornate design at the top, the way that companies used to do in the 1940s. But I have no idea how to do such a thing--if there are still printers that do this. Also, I think the paper is that onion paper. Do people still make it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 3:43 AM

R13, sounds like you're very old school like me. It seems like you could get a graphic designer or a boutique to design some nice letterhead for you. My sister's best friend's boutique that I mentioned above offers this service (the best friend's sister actually designs the custom letterhead). It's insanely expensive as it's all custom, but they tout it as an investment. Once it's been designed, they keep it on file and you can reorder as needed.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 6:56 AM

R14, I tried to thank you for your recommendation earlier today, but got locked out by the paywall. Paper Affair has very good prices: 33 bucks for personalized envelopes and sheets (25)!. On Crane to get prices that low per sheet, you have to order minimum 1000 at one time! I have them bookmarked for when I run out of my current stationary.

Thank you

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2020 4:00 AM

Contrary to popular belief, only the work of some artists increases in value after their death.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2020 4:23 AM

You should send him a thank you note R15.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2020 2:26 PM

StationEry is paper.

StationAry is immobile.

by Anonymousreply 18August 14, 2020 1:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!