Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WTF Clintons!!!

It's mind-boggling that Bill and Hillary are not self-aware enough to realize that having them both speak at the Convention is a huge net negative.

Bill is just going to antagonize the entire #MeToo movement and allow the GOP to say "how can you talk about Trump being disrespectful to women when you let Bill speak at the convention?"

And Hillary will provide Trump with a 15 minute infomercial -- "Look Deplorables! The Devil Herself is endorsing Biden! She is going to be his Secretary of State! More Benghazis!! More child sex slaves in the pizza place!"

Are they really that delusional as to think they will be greeted with open arms and not seen as symbols of the party's greatest failures? Not to mention the whole dynasty thing.

If they had any sense they would say "thank you for thinking of us, but we think we'd be more help cultivating the donors who are our friends and making sure you have money to defeat Trump. We'll be glad to speak once you win."

SMH

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2020 9:54 AM

I was uneasy when I read about their roles in the convention. You have concisely put into words what I am feeling. WHY?!

I would have loved for Hillary to be president. I even voted for her in 2008 over Obama. But enough is enough. Bill is best when remembered for the heady days of the 1990s. Both need to check their egos and decline public appearances on behalf of Biden.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 1:31 AM

I can see HRC as thematic... speaking to the role of women...she speaks the same night as the veep. She may not perhaps introduce the veep. There’s symmetry. It works. (And let me say I loathe her cultists on this site and think she was a lousy strategic choice for nominee, so i am not sentimental about. HRC.)

Bill was twenty years ago and he’s attached to the Epstein mess. Nuts. He should stay home.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 1:37 AM

I suspect that is what the DNC was thinking R2, it's just that there are other women (Liz Warren, Michelle Obama) who could have played the same role and (a) not overshadowed the VP pick and (b) not made Team Trump quite so happy.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 1:40 AM

That means Monica will be lurking around again. Like a shark who smells chum in the water.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 1:46 AM

150,00 dead, 4 million infections, double digit unemployment

Who gives a fuck about a convention. No ones vote will hinge upon who spoke at the convention.

You concern trolls are utterly ridiculous!

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 1:54 AM

Shut the fuck up, OP. If I could see your post, which I can't and God only knows how long I've had you blocked, I'd F&F your ass.

President Clinton is a former Democratic President of the United States. A SUCCESSFUL two-termer. Of course he'll speak at our convention. Nobel Peace Prize Winner and former President Jimmy Carter will probably not speak, he's not feeling well but I'm sure he'll send greetings or whatever. President Obama will certainly speak and former First Lady Michelle Obama will also speak.

Former First Lady, Former Senator and Former Secretary of State and our first female nominee for POTUS, Hillary Clinton, will ALSO address the convention OF COURSE.

Dear, it's REPUBLICAN ASSHOLES who don't like the Clintons and talk all kinds of ridiculous trash about them. They've been doing it for 25 years. If you bought their spin, you're a fucking dumbass.

In conclusion, shut the fuck up. Just because you can't get W to go to your rinky-dink convention is no reason to freak out over all the big names at ours.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 2:04 AM

Watch out, we're stating our BOUNDARIES in all CAPS with a touch of MRS. MERRIWEATHER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 2:07 AM

Hillary Clinton is a nuclear cockroach. We will never be rid of her. She should be in HIDING after blowing it and giving us Trump for four years. Still think you’re better than going to Wisconsin a few times, Hil?

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 2:09 AM

Oh, God, here we go. Caftans at dawn...

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 2:13 AM

isn't the convention entirely online? nothing in person?

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 2:14 AM

I don’t give a fuck what any of you Marys have to say about the Clintons, he was a decent president. Dems are nothing but a bunch of whiny bitches now.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 2:16 AM

Oh, especially when they don't think like you do, eh, R11!

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 2:17 AM

You sound very CONCERNED, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 2:22 AM

I agree. I don’t want anyone who’s been on Jeffrey Epstein’s plane to even BE in the Democratic Party. Yuck.k

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 2:36 AM

Republican former President's don't speak at their RNC Conventions. I voted for both Clinton's. But enough of them already. We need to hear from a new generation of leaders.

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 2:39 AM

[quote] Are they really that delusional as to think they will be greeted with open arms and not seen as symbols of the party's greatest failures?

Bill Clinton is one of only two Democratic Presidents in the past half century to be re-elected.

Hillary Clinton received more votes than Donald Trump.

You are a Russian troll.

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 2:40 AM

Only anti-American, anti-Democratic trolls come to Gay forums and attack the Clintons for speaking at the Democratic convention. D'oh.

Fuck off and die in a grease fire, Boris/Natasha Deplorable Asshole. The Clintons cunt punted you all over town. The Obamas kicked your asses and they're all coming to our convention because we are kicking your asses all over again. So go find your grease fire and jump in before we take a plaster cast of your moobs and share it with your comrades.

And that's right, sugartits, I'll use ALL CAPS whenever the fuck I feel like it. I'm telling you NOW so I don't have to tell you THEN, you dumb, rancid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2020 3:07 AM

Nurse.... ^

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2020 3:38 AM

Both Clintons are adored as respected by much of America.

Their speeches make total sense

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2020 3:40 AM

The fact that the Cllintons are so divisive, even on a board populated mainly by very liberal gay men is proof of their toxicity.

Even her Stans have not risen to their usual level of fury. Only one 1200 word screed.

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2020 10:27 AM

The Clinton's have said all that they can say. Now go away.

We should be hearing from Mayor Pete and Andrew Yang and Killer Mike and Amanda Seales and NEW VOICES!!!

by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 10:39 AM

Shut up, Concerned Democrat OP.

The Democrats can't have a convention without their most recent Democratic presidents and candidates speaking. If they iced out the Clintons the news would be 24/7 CLINTONS ABANDONED BY DEMOCRATS and die-hard voters would be livid. It would make the whole party look bad.

Some Dems haven't been active in a long time (Gore) or are too old (Carter) and can't be there, so the pool of historical Democrats is already small.

I just don't get why a board like Datalounge which is 99% cranky old "SJW wokesters are ruining the country!" regulars is also "we need to be incredibly concerned about the wokesters getting upset about Bill and the MeToo claims!"

It's inconsistent and it shows a lot of you only care about shitting on the Democrats and little else.

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2020 10:43 AM

The guy who keeps typing "Clinton's" when he means "Clintons" is a troll if only for the apostrophe abuse... but also because of his bullshit Concerned Democrat replies.

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2020 10:44 AM

I wish them well.

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2020 10:45 AM

Bill speaks and we'll hear about Monica and Epstein. Hillary speaks and we'll hear about emails and Benghazi.

by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2020 10:48 AM

R15, former Republican presidents aren’t speaking at that convention because all but one are DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2020 10:49 AM

I imagine the Clintons not being there would be a bigger story than if they weren't there. The Clintons are still huge with a good cross-section of boomers. If they have a good mix of the old and new guards, I imagine it's going to be a successful convention.

I'm just wondering how it's going to play over zoom. With social distancing/proper spacing between seats, masks, ample hand-hygiene, even time limits with being indoors, I'm not sure why they couldn't hold an event of a couple thousand delegates to give that convention "feel." It sounds like a logistical nightmare, yes. But, for this one special occasion, I wish it were a possibility. But, with the numbers so high right now, yeah, it's probably terrible idea. Oh well. Just bummed out. I love Democratic presidential conventions. They only come around once every four years.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 10:52 AM

Oh sure it will be antagonizing. The right and the mainstream press despise the Clintons and always have. The elitist DC media never got over a "hick " and his uppity wife gaining power. But you know what? If they didn't show up the media would be hissing regardless about their supposed indifference to our national crisis. Cowtowing to the right and scumbag mainstream media is why we are where we are right now. Republicans never apologize for having controversial figures, why should we? No more apologies or backing down, all this has done is enable right wing bullies.

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2020 11:14 AM

We need middle of the road people to vote. The Clintons drive those people away. Do you really think those people looting in Chicago are going to vote ?

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2020 12:09 PM

"Hillary Clinton is a nuclear cockroach. We will never be rid of her. She should be in HIDING after blowing it and giving us Trump for four years. "

Much like we will never be rid of dirtball scumbag concern trolls like R8?

Hillary may be a cockroach, but she's a survivor, which is more than we can say about has beens and never weres vermin like R8, Bernie Bros. and Russian trolls.

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2020 12:23 PM

Not just to the Clintons - and I get all the rationales for their appearances - I still think he is unnecessary... it's elder statesman time for him and other than his wife's interests, I don't get a sense he's terribly active in party politics - but anyway, look at the run down... for a party that desperately needs renewal they're rolling out the usual waxworks. The youngest people are the Obamas, Harris and a paramedic from Miami.

Where's Hakim Jefferies? Where's that young Kennedy (OK, that may be Clinton territory but at least he's under 50.) Where's even the intolerable squad? Why isn't Beto delivering one of his slam poems? Why isn't Pete clenching? Why isn't Chasten emoting? Some tongue in cheek but you get my point.

Just feels like a line up of the usual suspects for a party that desperately needs a new generation and renewal of leadership. There's no point packing the thing with young school teachers and paramedics... the convention is a change to introduce active political leaders to a new audience, including media.

The geriatric Dem mafia is part of the problem.

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2020 12:27 PM

R30, Kaftanistan, too, right? Your cool objectivity is showing. Calm down, dear. Candle in the Wind didn't work when Elton wrote it for Diana and you're not doing much a job with Dear Mr. Gable.

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2020 12:28 PM

[quote] Shut the fuck up, OP. If I could see your post, which I can't

You have brown eyes, don’t you? Do you know why? Because you’re full of shit. If you couldn’t see what OP wrote because you had him blocked you’d never have seen the post.

FOH

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 12:41 PM

From an economic standpoint, the Clinton years created an economic boon for more Americans than I will likely ever see again in my lifetime.......we are now heading into the 2nd Great Depression. The Covid-19 pandemic couldn’t have happened under a worse leader than Trump. The mismanagement of both the disease and the economy will haunt this country for a decade if not longer...

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 12:50 PM

"The geriatric Dem mafia is part of the problem."

No, asshole trolls like you, R31, are part of the problem.

First you criticize the old guard like the Clintons, then you take a swipe at younger people in the party like Beto and Pete and Chasten.

I think the only thing that will satisfy you is to have Trump's tiny cocklet in your mouth after, of course, you've licked clean his shit encrusted asshole.

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2020 12:55 PM

You're insane, R35. I may troll you but your inability to cope any opinion other than your own, or any phrasing that offends your anger and insecurity, that's the problem here.

Calm down, grow up, log off until you can cope with the fact the world's full of people who don't think like you do, even if they vote like you do. Christ, you must be a pain in the ass to the people who have to put up with you in the real world.

Seriously, drama, grow up and calm down.

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 1:09 PM

[quote]I think the only thing that will satisfy you is to have Trump's tiny cocklet in your mouth after, of course, you've licked clean his shit encrusted asshole.

Speaks for itself. Must be all that thinking you do. Vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2020 1:11 PM

Go fuck yourself, you pompous little dirtball scumbag at R36. You're not here for any Algonquin Round Table discussions. You're here to stir up shit.

Vulgar, R37. Really? Bitch, please. Your mother heard a lot worse when she was trolling for quarters on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2020 1:14 PM

[quote] vermin like [R8], Bernie Bros. and Russian trolls.

You forgot "freepers"

You Hill Stans are slipping and people are Defiling your Great and Glorious Queen!!

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2020 1:31 PM

You can bitch and kvetch all you want, R39, but Hillary is still far smarter, wealthier and more respected and admired than you can ever hope to be, R39.

Sucks to be you, no?

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2020 1:39 PM

OP is so . . . . [italic]wise[/italic] . . .

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2020 1:41 PM

I am amazed at how little imagination some of you have.

The Clintons could easily avoid any controversy by saying they opted not to speak in order to allow a new generation to shine (or similar drivel) and recorded a two to three minute video congratulating Biden and the party and all that, so they still had some presence.

It is heartening to see how many W&Ws this post is getting.

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2020 1:41 PM

[quote]We need middle of the road people to vote. The Clintons drive those people away.

They absolutely do not. The social media pundits try to make you think that everyday Middle American liberals, Democrats and independents hate the Clintons, but they don't. They don't care about them much at all. They don't pay attention to the news articles geared toward the internet hate machine or if they do, they forget that "Hillary said a thing while promoting her book and we hates her! Hissss!" article within 24 hours of seeing it on their Facebook timeline.

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2020 1:46 PM

The social media pundits try to make you think that everyday Middle American liberals, Democrats and independents hate One Direction, but they don't.

The social media pundits try to make you think that everyday Middle American liberals, Democrats and independents hate Armie & Tim, but they don't.

The social media pundits try to make you think that everyday Middle American liberals, Democrats and independents hate Justin Bieber but they don't.

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2020 2:15 PM

Wow, R38.

I've heard all your idols talk like that. Hillary, the Obamas, you name them, you sound just like them.

You're a real credit to your idols and to Democrats. You know how to persuade.

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2020 2:19 PM

OP is just a Deplorable shit stain.

Donald Trump lost the popular vote to Hillary Clinton and now all but the most Deplorable can see she was better.

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2020 4:46 PM

I mean, with the Clintons, you're kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't. It would be nice if they (mostly Bill) didn't have so much damn baggage, but at the end of the day, it's inconceivable that the Dems would have a national convention and not invite both of them. In fact, that news would probably dominate the week much more than the inevitable rantings of the usual Q-Anon Pizzagate loon brigade, had they NOT been invited to speak.

In his personal life, Bill is (at best) a sex pest. But, in public life, he's still a popular president who oversaw a strong economy and despite the croakiness remains a very effective speaker. Hillary (for all her baggage -- much of it completely unfair and misogynistic) is a reminder of "what could have been" and her presence in a year in which we will have our first competent female VP candidate in decades makes total sense.

So, stop being so concerned, Chicken Little, the presence of the Clintons at the DNC is not going to tank the election for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2020 5:06 PM

Hillary will insult the voters again. “Not enough Deplorables in Michigan voted for ME!”

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2020 5:09 PM

Oh, do try harder, r48...

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2020 5:20 PM

Donald Trump insults voters every fucking day, R48, simply by opening his big pie hole and spewing nothing but lie after lie after lie and his pathetic stunts like issuing executive orders that aren't worth the paper they're written on.

Where is your faux "concern" about that?

by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2020 5:21 PM

Yeah, sidelining the Clintons is not a good idea

by Anonymousreply 51August 11, 2020 5:40 PM

The posts show up in the sidebar even if you have them blocked, genius R33.

I swear nobody knows how Datalounge works anymore.

by Anonymousreply 52August 12, 2020 9:54 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!