Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Actors you "discovered"

Who are some actors you thought would be big before they had gotten any kind of mainstream attention?

by Anonymousreply 223October 18, 2020 11:14 AM

From Degrassi: The Next Generation, I thought the guy who played Craig would become some kind of pop star. I had no idea it would be Drake instead. At the time, Drake said he was a huge fan of artists like Jimi Hendrix, I don't remember him ever mentioning hip hop at all.

by Anonymousreply 1August 11, 2020 12:36 AM

saw reese witherspoon in "the man in the moon", and she seemed like a real talent.

by Anonymousreply 2August 11, 2020 12:37 AM

Lakeith Stanfield. Met him when he was going by Keith.

by Anonymousreply 3August 11, 2020 12:39 AM

M in "Julia." Turned out to be a world-class comedienne. Just not in a good way.

by Anonymousreply 4August 11, 2020 12:39 AM

She had been around for quite sometime, but I was a fan of Loretta Devine before many of my fellow white people, that I know, knew who she was.

by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 12:42 AM

There’s a bit part in Hanna where an agent pretends to be Cate Blanchett’s character but is killed. The actress was so striking that I knew I’d see her again. That was Michelle Dockery, and she broke out in Downton Abbey the next year.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 12:44 AM

Awkwafina. I had a feeling she was going to be managed very well once I saw her personality come through in some weird YouTube thing she did yearsss ago. She just has "it."

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 12:44 AM

Allison Janney.

I was the asst stage manager on a play at a small professional theatre in Teaneck NJ (on the campus of Fairleigh Dickinson) and Allison Janney was in the cast. She was the nicest person to work with btw. I never thought "Oh, this kids gonna be a big star", but as her career took off soon after (Broadway and then TV, etc), it was no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 8August 11, 2020 12:47 AM

Chris Hemsworth playing Kirk's father. He broke out right after and landed Thor 2 years later.

by Anonymousreply 9August 11, 2020 12:47 AM

Saw Adam Driver in Angels in America off-Broadway and knew immediately he would be huge.

by Anonymousreply 10August 11, 2020 12:48 AM

Saoirse Ronan - I saw Atonement on a whim while vacationing in Dublin, and I remember being in awe of her talent. She acted circles around Keira Knightley.

Toni Collette - Muriel's Wedding was a sleeper hit in the mid-90s, but I was convinced she would become a big star despite her unconventional looks

James Marsden - When I was in middle school, he came on a cheap knockoff of Saved by the Bell called Boogie's Diner (with eldergay Jim J. Bullock). I thought he was sooooo handsome and I wondered why he didn't appear in movies. His career seems to be going well and he still looks good.

by Anonymousreply 11August 11, 2020 12:53 AM

I saw Michael Clark Duncan in the audience of the Oprah Winfrey show and said 'that's John Coffey'.

and then he was.

and then he died.

by Anonymousreply 12August 11, 2020 1:15 AM

Kate Winslet in Heavenly Creatures.

Laura Dern in Smooth Talk.

by Anonymousreply 13August 11, 2020 1:15 AM

Julianne Moore in The Fugitive.

by Anonymousreply 14August 11, 2020 1:17 AM

Alison Janney - in a lot of shows and readings Michael C. Hall - Posthumus in Cymbeline Michael Stuhlbarg - Angels in America at Julliard Elizabeth Marvel- Angels in America at Julliard Lisa Kron - a lot of shows

by Anonymousreply 15August 11, 2020 1:18 AM

Saw Jude Law in some terrible movie he did with Claire Danes (I can't even remember what it was called) that he did when was 20 or so. I remember thinking he was really handsome and talented

by Anonymousreply 16August 11, 2020 1:19 AM

Merritt Wever as a teen on Law and Order Criminal Intent.

by Anonymousreply 17August 11, 2020 1:20 AM

Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise

by Anonymousreply 18August 11, 2020 1:22 AM

Kirstie Alley in Star Trek 2.

by Anonymousreply 19August 11, 2020 1:23 AM

Several people have mentioned Allison Janney. I saw she had "it" when she played the butch maid Ginger on "Guiding Light", flirting with Rick Hearst and stealing from the Spauldings to give mansion items to Jenna Thorpe. But Alexandra (Marj Dusay) liked her guts and didn't prosecute her or blonde dingbat Tammy and offered them the chance to stay on.

Another from the soaps was Olympia Dukakis as Dr. Barbara Moreno on "Search For Tomorrow", I could tell, even when I was just 20, that she was unique. Four years later, she won the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 20August 11, 2020 1:26 AM

The moment I laid eyes on Helen Lawson I knew that she was going to be a huge star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 11, 2020 1:27 AM

Patti LuPone. I saw her in 1976 in"The Baker's Wife" during its Boston tryout. The show never made it to Broadway. I had never heard of her, of course, but after I heard her sing "Meadowlark," I knew she would become a Broadway star.

by Anonymousreply 22August 11, 2020 1:29 AM

The minute she heard that the producers offered Helen Lawson a job on "Falcon Crest", Jane Wyman put her foot down. She said she'd take Lana Turner or Celeste Holm before she'd let that wigged bitch on her set.

by Anonymousreply 23August 11, 2020 1:30 AM

I used to have coffee with Anthony Starr, and he was such a total darling, and so fucking hot, knew it had IT.

by Anonymousreply 24August 11, 2020 1:31 AM

I knew that my Dear Daddy was destined for greatness - and now he's King of the World. Greater than a star!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 11, 2020 1:32 AM

While everyone was raving about that cunt Laura Keene, I was the only one who noticed the actress playing the bit part of the maid in 'Our American Cousin'. Fast forward a couple of years and I see her on the TV, winning an Oscar for Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 26August 11, 2020 1:32 AM

Matthew McConaughey in Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Next Generation. He shone.

by Anonymousreply 27August 11, 2020 1:36 AM

Pretty much the whole cast of SCTV. I knew literally one other person who watched it back when it first aired, so yeah, I did feel a bit as though I had "discovered" them.

Okay, they didn't all become as famous as John Candy, Rick Moranis, and Martin Short, but they all were incredibly talented and very successful later on. Catherine O'Hara, Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Joe Flaherty, Dave Thomas, and Harold Ramis all went on to make their mark in show business in the ensuing years, which is pretty extraordinary.

by Anonymousreply 28August 11, 2020 1:37 AM

The stink eye in r25 the woman is giving that pat on Ivanka's abdomen is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 29August 11, 2020 1:39 AM

Have the Helen Lawson jokes ever been funny?

by Anonymousreply 30August 11, 2020 1:41 AM

R28 I thought Andrea Martin was fabulous from the time I first saw her on SCTV, but she seemed to be overshadowed by Gilda Radner on "SNL", having been at the same audition with her for the touring "Godspell", thinking she had a major role sewn up but realizing that she couldn't compare to Gilda. Andrea did supporting comedy parts in films for years but nothing that stood out, then Broadway got her, and she got two Tony's. I've seen her on Broadway in "Oklahoma!", "Fiddler", "Pippin" "Act One" and "Noises Off", and the audience always shows their love for her. Jackie Hoffman always comments on how the parts she wants end up going to Andrea who even did her Mrs. Pingleton role in the TV "Hairspray", and Jackie ain't no slouch in the talent department either.

by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2020 1:41 AM

R30 Always. And always shall be.

R30 Now, Catherine O'Hara seems the biggest of them all.

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2020 1:43 AM

I knew Rula Lenska would be an international star of stage & screen & spokesperson for Alberto Vo 5 hot oil treatments.

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 1:47 AM

The ultrabrite girl who also gave Richie his first kiss. She's been Dr. Monica Quartermain on GH for 43 years.

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 1:48 AM

I used to watch Dolly Parton's half-hour music show in the mid-70s. My mom was like, "Who the hell is that?".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2020 1:50 AM

I was wrong. She was the Pearl Drops girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 1:51 AM

The late Anton Yelchin on an episode of "Law & Order."

by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2020 1:51 AM

I gave Vanessa Hudgens her first role onstage as a five-year-old. Everyone on the production team knew she would become famous one day -Tremendous stage presence. When she's onstage your eyes always just gravitate to her, even if she's not the focus of the scene. She's also a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2020 2:11 AM

Winona Ryder. I thought she looked like a cute skater boy in "Lucas" and then when I saw "Square Dance" I knew she was gonna be a big star. I'm still sad we're not best friends...

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2020 2:15 AM

I always knew that I - ME - would be the Greatest Star!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2020 2:32 AM

Zac Efron as a kid in the TV movie "The Unexpected Journey". Also starring Mary Louise Parker and Aiden Quinn. He played a real life autistic kid who became a long distance runner. I had to look him up on IMBD to see if he was autistic because I have autism in my family and I think he nailed it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2020 2:32 AM

Both Diane Lane and Viggo Mortensen in 'A Walk on the Moon.' (Directed by Tony Goldwyn.)

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2020 2:34 AM

R40 Priceless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2020 2:35 AM

When I first saw Geena Davis in a little tv show called Buffalo Bill with Dabney Coleman.

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2020 2:38 AM

R42, do you realize that Diane Lane had been acting for 20 years at that point?

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2020 2:41 AM

R45

Yeah, so had Viggo. But I was thinking that was when I really stood up and took notice. Like, WHO KNEW these two were so good. So I guess I was behind the times or misunderstood the question.

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2020 2:48 AM

Michael Fassbender in this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2020 2:54 AM

I am in agreement with Dolly Parton. She just 'had it' very early on.

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2020 3:43 AM

Clive Owen in this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2020 5:05 AM

Alec Baldwin on Knots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2020 5:22 AM

I first remember Olivia de Havilland in the movie Alibi Ike (1935). Seems like yesterday. I could tell then she would be a great star.

by Anonymousreply 51August 11, 2020 5:31 AM

Mary Kay Adams, Michelle Forbes, Grant Aleksander, Vincent Irizarry...others...

by Anonymousreply 52August 11, 2020 5:37 AM

Not an actor/actress but I saw Melissa Etheridge at the Mariposa Folk Music Festival in Ontario Canada.

Jackson Browne was the big headliner that year and he bombed, literally whining at the audience because he was so lackluster he got little response. It wasn't the audience. He was nasty onstage, backstage, just nasty.

Etheridge burned it down - great set. You could tell she was going to make it big from the first song she sang but at that time this folk music festival was the biggest audience she had ever had. They loved her and she was freaking out, really enjoying herself.

My personal favorite of the festival was a little duo called Tuck and Patti, but no one's ever heard of them. They're still great.

That was also the year when Margot Kidder pulled some ugly, weird shit but never mind, RIP now.

by Anonymousreply 53August 11, 2020 5:38 AM

Kevin Costner in Silverado.

by Anonymousreply 54August 11, 2020 5:44 AM

Someone else mentioned this already, but Chris Hemsworth playing Kirk's father in the Star Trek reboot.

Ryan Gosling in Young Hercules

One I didn't get right was Aussie actor Sam Reid who starred in the 2013 film Belle. I totally thought he was going become a leading man but his career hasn't really gone anywhere. He works regularly but never made it "Hollywood"

by Anonymousreply 55August 11, 2020 5:48 AM

Russell Crowe in LA Confidential.....

by Anonymousreply 56August 11, 2020 5:48 AM

R%3 Tuck and Patti are cool.

by Anonymousreply 57August 11, 2020 5:57 AM

Russell Crowe in Romper Stomper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58August 11, 2020 5:59 AM

Health Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59August 11, 2020 6:26 AM

I saw Jennifer Aniston in a low budget horror/comedy called Leprechaun (1993). It had cheesy special effects and the writing was poor, but I thought Aniston had something special and I remembered her name.

The next time I saw her she was in Friends about a year later.

by Anonymousreply 60August 11, 2020 6:30 AM

Aniston in Leprecauhn (1993).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61August 11, 2020 6:31 AM

Heath Ledger in Two Hands.

by Anonymousreply 62August 11, 2020 6:32 AM

I remember seeing Kristen Stewart in Panic Room thinking "this chick is way to butch to be straight". And I was right. Oh, and she's some kind of actress now?

by Anonymousreply 63August 11, 2020 6:40 AM

I first saw Tori Spelling in an episode of VEGA$ and I remember thinking, “That puke-faced little gremlin’s never going away.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64August 11, 2020 6:50 AM

I discovered Chris Hemsworth sitting on park bench in the shrubbery in the middle of Hyde Park.

He was alone but we nodded to each other in acknowledgement. He looked sad there, waiting perhaps. I could tell he had the same squinting eye problem that the late Chuck Heston had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65August 11, 2020 6:57 AM

Riz Ahmed, I first saw saw him in the two part series BRITZ and a few indie British films, SHIFTY and ILL MANORS. Amazing actor, too bad he's a pompous douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 66August 11, 2020 7:00 AM

Don Cheadle in Devil In A Blue Dress. but everyone else discovered him then too.

by Anonymousreply 67August 11, 2020 7:05 AM

Colin Firth, before he became a heartthrob, one of his first roles was on a PBS series LOST EMPIRES. He played an awkward young man in love with an unattainable young woman, played by British actress Beatie Edney, she's the daughter of Brit actress Sylvia Syms,

I was shocked to see Beatie on some British cop show a few years ago and on the re-boot of POLDARK, yiiikes. She was so pretty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68August 11, 2020 7:14 AM

Colin Firth and Beatie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 11, 2020 7:16 AM

Octavia Spencer on ER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 11, 2020 7:18 AM

Tons of now famous actors and actresses had bit roles on the original Law & Order series as well as L&O: SVU..

by Anonymousreply 71August 11, 2020 7:24 AM

Mel Gibson in the first Mad Max. He was so beautiful and had a natural presence. His nude swimming scene in Gallipoli sealed it.

by Anonymousreply 72August 11, 2020 8:08 AM

Ariana Grande. I remember seeing her on those Nickelodeon shows for the first time and really liked her, till about 2015 when I got tired of her. However, she did get really famous and I always expected she would.

by Anonymousreply 73August 11, 2020 8:12 AM

Sigourney Weaver in Alien (1979)

Tom Cruise in Taps (1980)

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2020 8:18 AM

Kathleen Turner in Body Heat. Had never seen her before and the first thing I thought was WHO IS THAT. Gorgeous and so cool.

by Anonymousreply 75August 11, 2020 8:19 AM

Robin Williams on "Laugh-In" in 1977. Told my high-school buddies to remember the name, he was going to be big.

Meg Ryan on "As The World Turns" in 1982. She was amazing in it, and I've hated her in everything else.

by Anonymousreply 76August 11, 2020 8:51 AM

June Shannon. Knew she was going places.

by Anonymousreply 77August 11, 2020 8:57 AM

Matthew Perry as the dorky, but cute love interest for Samantha in Who's The Boss.

by Anonymousreply 78August 11, 2020 9:02 AM

Kevin Spacey on LA Law. He was an eccentric client. It was perfect for him at that point. I remember one scene where he had climbed up onto an office chair and was riding it lime a horse. We talked about it IRL for weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 11, 2020 9:11 AM

Ray Liotta in Another World.

by Anonymousreply 80August 11, 2020 9:22 AM

One I got horribly wrong:

I thought Ari Graynor was going to become the next big thing after seeing her in "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist." She stole the film and was just one of those actors you had to immediately look up on IMDB.

Apparently she's worked steadily since then, but always small roles. She's even appeared in things I've seen, but at no point did I say, "Oh, that's Ari Graynor!" Couldn't pick her out of a lineup truth be told.

by Anonymousreply 81August 11, 2020 10:08 AM

R38 Who is Vanessa Huggins?

by Anonymousreply 82August 11, 2020 10:36 AM

Totally agree about Adam Driver in Angels in America, he was luminous on stage and and I remember taking special note of his name knowing I would see him again.

by Anonymousreply 83August 11, 2020 10:37 AM

I remember seeing the first clip of Darren Criss doing Teenage Dream on Glee before it aired and knowing then and there he totally was star material and this was one of those defining moments.

by Anonymousreply 84August 11, 2020 10:40 AM

Three or four episodes into to Mad Men late night rerunning on AMC Hamm and Moss jumped out as incredible talents destined for big things and the show was completely captivating in ways nothing else on TV was at the time. I was absolutely mesmerized.

by Anonymousreply 85August 11, 2020 10:42 AM

No one believed me when I said Tom Hanks from Bosom Buddies would be a star.

Russell Crowe in The Quick & The Dead.

Thandie Newton in Flirting.

by Anonymousreply 86August 11, 2020 11:43 AM

When I saw Fatal Attraction, I discovered TWO stars-to-be.

I could just tell that Glenn Close and Michael Douglas were going to be BIG!!!!

by Anonymousreply 87August 11, 2020 11:46 AM

Kevin Spacey on Wiseguy 1987. Weird criminal mastermind Mel Profitt who had a thing for his sister Susan. I knew he'd go far.

by Anonymousreply 88August 11, 2020 11:53 AM

It's both funny and how Russell Crowe has been mentioned a few times now, for films made around the same time (mid-90s). I remember seeing a trailer for the Denzel Washington movie "Virtuosity," and I just had to know who the gorgeous guy playing the villain was. Turns out it was Russell...

He used to be so hot, to the point I completely understood why Meg Ryan might leave Dennis Quaid for him (allegedly). However, he looks absolutely disgusting these days.

by Anonymousreply 89August 11, 2020 12:01 PM

Holy mackerel, R68, you weren't kidding! Beatie hit that wall hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 11, 2020 12:57 PM

R82 not a High School Musical fan??

by Anonymousreply 91August 11, 2020 1:02 PM

Whoopi Goldberg when she just started performing as a comedian.

by Anonymousreply 92August 11, 2020 1:25 PM

I don't think all that much of Nicole Kidman as an actress so I certainly wouldn't claim to have "discovered" her. But the scene below (starting at 2.55), from Kennedy Miller's Vietnam, is the one that made her famous in Australia, and it's pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 11, 2020 1:27 PM

Interesting R88. I watched wiseguy for a bit the first season, but that was a time when I didn't watch a lot of TV.

That would have been 5 years before the LA Law episode that I mentioned at r79. I actually went back and checked before posting because I figured the wrath of DL would be unleashed were someone to cite a performance well into the subjects careers. Hey! I was right.

I might have to pull the Wiseguy stuff down. Wiseguy only had a few seasons, didn't it?

by Anonymousreply 94August 11, 2020 1:58 PM

I cannot believe the people mentioned first noticing Russell Crowe have not cited his 1994 film, "The Sum of Us," where ehe plays a gay guy. living with his widowed father. Sweet film.

by Anonymousreply 95August 11, 2020 1:58 PM

- I noticed Jude Law in Wilde (as I imagine many other DLers did) years before The Talented Mr. Ripley.

- I loved Parker Posey on As the World Turns an Ann Heche on Another World before they were in films.

-I've followed Kristin Stewart since the film version of Speak.

-I've kept my eye on Viola Davies since she appeared as a one-off character on, Law & Order: CI.

-Ryan Gosling in The Believer

-My sister had a crush on Christian Bale growing up, and while I didn't share her attraction to him, he was clearly talented.

by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2020 2:06 PM

Will Smith from Fresh Prince

Hayden Panettiere from Remember the Titans

R53: Takes My Breath Away was played at my wedding

by Anonymousreply 97August 11, 2020 2:17 PM

[quote]Have the Helen Lawson jokes ever been funny?

Well, they're exactly as funny as they've ever been.

After seeing Bronson I was not surprised that Tom Hardy became a star. (He'd already done quite a bit before that, but he wasn't on my radar.)

by Anonymousreply 98August 11, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote] I saw Jennifer Aniston in a low budget horror/comedy called Leprechaun (1993). It had cheesy special effects and the writing was poor, but I thought Aniston had something special and I remembered her name.

Yeah and she brought her original nose too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99August 11, 2020 2:41 PM

I just knew this little girl was going to be a superstar the moment I first saw her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 11, 2020 3:15 PM

Ashton Kutcher jumped out at me in the first episode of That 70s Show.

Tofer was the Richie Cunningham and it was all centered around him, but Ashton had that rare combination of goofy best pal and total hottie; his skin, his hair, those cheeks...I saw a star right away.

by Anonymousreply 101August 11, 2020 4:21 PM

Justin Theroux in Mulholland Drive. I knew he'd at least achieve a bit more fame after that. As long as he'd wax that unibrow.

by Anonymousreply 102August 11, 2020 4:25 PM

[quote] I saw Jennifer Aniston in a low budget horror/comedy called Leprechaun (1993). It had cheesy special effects and the writing was poor, but I thought Aniston had something special and I remembered her name.

Jan Brady thought it was the best movie of the year in 1993!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 11, 2020 4:32 PM

I knew Kate Winslet would be a huge star after "Heavenly Creatures."

I remember also seeing David Schwimmer do a guest appearance on "NYPD Blue" a year before "Friends" and realizing he had "it."

by Anonymousreply 104August 11, 2020 4:48 PM

There was something star making about Julia Roberts in Mystic Pizza (1988)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 11, 2020 5:01 PM

Gibson in Mad Max, that ‘s nothing...

Mel Gibson in “Tim” (1979) From IMDB: A somewhat mentally handicapped 20-year-old man works as a laborer, but everyone abuses his naiveté. A nice 40-year-old American woman hires him one day and they become close. However, the town and his family see her as predatory.

Gosh he was gorgeous

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 11, 2020 5:10 PM

I thought Wes Bentley would be a huge megastar after American Beauty.

by Anonymousreply 107August 11, 2020 5:12 PM

Natalie Portman in “Léon; The Professional ” (1994)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108August 11, 2020 5:17 PM

r107 Same with Thora Birch and Mena Suvari.

by Anonymousreply 109August 11, 2020 5:19 PM

Logan Moore. Dani Robles...Enzo Riminez also.

by Anonymousreply 110August 11, 2020 5:39 PM

[quote]I thought Wes Bentley would be a huge megastar after American Beauty.

He probably would have been, but his career got sidetracked by being a drug addict or drunk.

At 41, he's too old to play certain roles to "break out" again and will need to wait until he can play slightly older for another big chance.

by Anonymousreply 111August 11, 2020 6:13 PM

I knew from the earliest days of Roseanne that Laurie Metcalf was a talent to watch.

by Anonymousreply 112August 11, 2020 6:23 PM

She was definitely the highlight of "Roseanne," R112. I still think she deserved an Oscar for "Ladybird."

R110, I know I'm probably alone on this, but I find Josh Moore very off-putting. He's technically good looking, but he looks like someone who was probably ugly at one time...however, they had a lot of work done and now look decent. I'd love to see the before pictures. In the meantime, he might as well get his overbite fixed if his goal is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 113August 11, 2020 6:55 PM

Ryan Reynolds when he was in "Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place".

Chris Hemsworth in "Red Dawn". Although it was released after "Thor" it was made in 2010 and I saw a test screening before it was shelved for a couple of years. He was a really solid actor.

Matthew Perry when he was on a Fox sitcom called "Second Chance" which was retooled and became "Boys Will Be Boys". I have never watched "Friends", but I wasn't surprised when he became a fan favorite because his comic timing was impeccable even then.

by Anonymousreply 114August 11, 2020 6:59 PM

[quote]Holy mackerel, [R68], you weren't kidding! Beatie hit that wall hard.

This seems to be a theme with British actors and actresses, they really start letting themselves go in their 40s and 50s. Beatie is only in her 50s, she looks much older. Guess it's the alcohol?

by Anonymousreply 115August 11, 2020 8:21 PM

[quote]-I've kept my eye on Viola Davies since she appeared as a one-off character on, Law & Order: CI.

Viola wasn't a one off on L&O. Over the years she's played several characters. The characters which really stood out, a psychopath who posed as a parole officer and then she made several appearances as a lawyer.

btw, her name is Viola DAVIS.

by Anonymousreply 116August 11, 2020 8:24 PM

[quote]Kevin Spacey on Wiseguy 1987. Weird criminal mastermind Mel Profitt who had a thing for his sister Susan. I knew he'd go far.

I remember Kevin in this role. Mel Profitt was so bizarre. Kevin was excellent in this role. He was always exposing his feet, so weird.

by Anonymousreply 117August 11, 2020 8:32 PM

Jessica Chastain in a 2004 episode of ER where she played an incest victim who was caring for the brain damaged father who had abused her. I knew she had something good about her acting.

by Anonymousreply 118August 11, 2020 9:05 PM

The first time I saw Eric Manchester in Splash Shots 2, I thought “that kid’s got spunk!”

by Anonymousreply 119August 11, 2020 9:07 PM

R118 Are you lost?

by Anonymousreply 120August 11, 2020 9:16 PM

Demi Moore in PARASITE.

In 3-D, no less.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 11, 2020 9:55 PM

I was going to mention Crowe in the Sum of Us as well, along with Tony Goldwyn in the play version that was in 1990 in NYC, the same year that Ghost came out. It was hard to tell if they did have that “it” factor of stardom, or if it was the fact that they were playing hunky, sweet, masculine gay men, one of the most sympathetic portrayals of which that had been put out there and that the attraction and swoon wasn’t just that.

by Anonymousreply 122August 12, 2020 12:53 AM

I remember Demi Moore’s arrival on General Hospital and thinking with a hoarse voice like that she could never make in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 123August 12, 2020 1:18 AM

Proof is another good early Crowe film.

by Anonymousreply 124August 12, 2020 1:20 AM

R124 Oh, is that the one with the blind photographer? The 90s was filled with such good Australian films.

by Anonymousreply 125August 12, 2020 1:24 AM

Yes! And the really hit a stride there for awhile. Oh, Eric Bana in The Castle. So sweet.

by Anonymousreply 126August 12, 2020 1:28 AM

[quote] Crowe in the Sum of Us as well, along with Tony Goldwyn in the play version that was in 1990

It's funny how Tony Goldwyn still looks good while Russell....well, you know, he looks so pathetic now. I had noticed Tony in Ghost. Why didn't he become a bigger star later?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127August 12, 2020 2:23 AM

Peter Krause in “Caroline In The City”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128August 12, 2020 2:30 AM

R127 Goldwyn has never looked as good as he did as the dying AIDS patient on Designing Women in 1987.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 12, 2020 2:33 AM

I remember watching this movie on tv many years ago when I was a kid. Even as a kid, I was impressed with the actor who played the soldier, I thought he was so handsome and charismatic. I found out years later it was Jack Nicholson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130August 12, 2020 2:35 AM

Amy Adams in Junebug. So real she inhabits the character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 12, 2020 2:37 AM

[quote]Peter Krause in “Caroline In The City”

Peter Krause was gorgeous in Cybill (where he first caught my eye) as the daugher's husband, but I'd say was at his peak in Sports Night.

by Anonymousreply 132August 12, 2020 2:40 AM

Frances Ethel Gumm, the little girl with the big voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 12, 2020 2:51 AM

Back in the early 80s I saw a great play in London, set in a boys' school. The cast were all in their late teens or very early twenties. The two unknown leads blew me away. Years later I was sorting through a trunk and found the program for the show. The two teen leads were Kenneth Branagh and Rupert Everett. The play was Another Country.

by Anonymousreply 134August 12, 2020 3:03 AM

r70 I saw Octavia Spencer in some crappy play at one of those Equity waiver theaters (<99 seats) in Hollywood and was quite impressed. I remembered her name since it's somewhat uncommon and was pleasantly surprised to start seeing her on TV and in films years later.

Ted Danson: I remember being impressed by his handsomeness and acting skills in both "Body Heat" and "The Onion Field." This was well before he became a household name.

by Anonymousreply 135August 12, 2020 3:19 AM

r135 again here. I also saw Anna Gun (Breaking Bad) at one of those little theaters in a play about abortion rights. This was probably after she was in that stupid comedy about the Jersey shore and "Seinfeld," but well before BB.

by Anonymousreply 136August 12, 2020 3:22 AM

I saw potential in a lot of the young actors on Passions when a lot of fans were making fun of them. Then several of those young Passions actors went on to bigger things.

by Anonymousreply 137August 12, 2020 3:35 AM

I don't know about discovering him as an actor, but when I saw Tim I recognised Mel Gibson as an actual half-wit. (His acting was never that good.)

I had the privilege of seeing Hugo Weaving immediately out of NIDA. Galvanising then and still amazing now.

by Anonymousreply 138August 12, 2020 4:09 AM

R107 and R109 I was a teenager when American Beauty came out, I loved the teens in it and hated the grown-up parts of the film. I thought it was because I was a teen too. I re-watched the film a couple of years ago as a thirtysomething, and, nope. The teen sections are really good and all of the young actors are incredible. The parts with Spacey still suck, though now I have more sympathy for Bening's character.

by Anonymousreply 139August 13, 2020 1:12 PM

R131 I noticed her in an early episode of Smallville.

by Anonymousreply 140August 13, 2020 1:16 PM

Agreed R139. The teen parts were so spot on and the well-acted. The adults were all cartoonish...even Annette Bening (whose character I enjoyed for entertainment purposes).

by Anonymousreply 141August 13, 2020 1:29 PM

Ezra Miller.

Jennifer Lawrence.

by Anonymousreply 142August 13, 2020 1:38 PM

Amy Adams was a revelation in Junebug R131. Good one.

by Anonymousreply 143August 13, 2020 1:51 PM

Didn’t the world recognize that performance with an Oscar nomination?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144August 13, 2020 2:38 PM

Anne Hathaway on the Fox series "Get Real." I remember finding her character annoying as hell but thinking the girl playing her was super charismatic.

Emma Stone on VH1's "In Search of the Partridge Family." I remember watching the final pilot and thinking "this show is bad, but the girl playing Laurie is really really good."

by Anonymousreply 145August 13, 2020 2:50 PM

I saw the original Off Broadway production of This Is Our Youth and knew that very night that Mark Ruffalo was going to be a big star.

by Anonymousreply 146August 13, 2020 4:09 PM

I love Amy Adams' early work: Cruel Intentions 2, Drop Dead Gorgeous, her early guest spots and PSYCHO BEACH PARTY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147August 13, 2020 5:46 PM

PSYCHO BEACH PARTY should be required viewing for all DLers. It's brilliantly hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 148August 13, 2020 6:25 PM

Heath Ledger in 10 Things I Hate About You. He had such charisma you just knew he was going to be a star.

Tom Hardy in Inception. Again, he had it.

More of a "niche" actor, but Michael Pitt in Law and Order: SVU. He was so creepily watchable. He was also in the one and only Dawson's Creek episode I ever watched, and it was obvious he and Michelle Williams had more talent than the rest of the cast.

One I'm watching right now: Danusia Samal from Ghost In the Shell and The Great. She's great, even with the little screen time she had in GiTS (guess ScarJo didn't want another woman showing her up) and has written some solid plays too.

by Anonymousreply 149August 13, 2020 7:32 PM

r2 Ditto. She really popped for me. This was way before she became big.

by Anonymousreply 150August 13, 2020 8:15 PM

r93 I totally forgot that Nicole Kidman used to sport a mean "Irish fro."

by Anonymousreply 151August 13, 2020 8:22 PM

[quote]PSYCHO BEACH PARTY should be required viewing for all DLers. It's brilliantly hilarious.

I anti-discovered Lauren Ambrose and Matt Keeslar, who I thought would have much bigger careers. At least Ambrose has been working constantly.

Actually, no, I first saw Keeslar in Waiting for Guffman. He made a pretty big impression on me for such a small role.

by Anonymousreply 152August 13, 2020 9:20 PM

Laurie Metcalf was so amazing in Making Mr. Right that I actually saw it it in the theater at least 5 times simply for her scenes, She made that movie and I couldn't wait to see what she would do next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153August 13, 2020 9:23 PM

I thought Matt Keeslar would be bigger also.

I like that he chose to do something normal, rather than so many other actors who don't quite make it.

I wonder why Michael Pitt's career didn't go better. He looked good without it being distracting and could act.

by Anonymousreply 154August 13, 2020 9:28 PM

When I saw the drunken, whorey wife in The Shipping News I was so impressed.

Kate Blanchett. She was great in a small and really unsympathetic role.

And don't hate me but Ellen D. on a sitcom called Open House.

She wasn't a main character but she stole every scene she was in.

Poor Alison LaPlaca.

by Anonymousreply 155August 13, 2020 9:40 PM

R152 That's where I noticed Keeslar too. A couple of years later, I saw him on Law & Order and realized how good he was as a dramatic actor too.

by Anonymousreply 156August 13, 2020 11:53 PM

I am really enjoying how people here are saying they discovered actors who are in lead roles in studio pictures.

by Anonymousreply 157August 13, 2020 11:59 PM

R157, indeed. I discovered Jack Nicholson in Chinatown.

by Anonymousreply 158August 14, 2020 12:02 AM

I saw Jane Lynch in "The Real Live Brady Bunch" and thought she would have her own sitcom by the end of the 90s (and she should have).

I saw Faith Prince in "Little Shop of Horrors" and thought she would be the next Judy Holliday.

I saw Renee Elise Goldsberry in "Two Gentlemen of Verona: The Musical" and thought she was going places.

by Anonymousreply 159August 14, 2020 12:23 AM

Brad Pitt as the babysitter's boyfriend on "30-Something". I remember thinking he needs to be on the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 160August 14, 2020 12:28 AM

I remember seeing Henry Cavill play the teenage son in The Count of Monte Cristo and thinking he was the most handsome actor I'd ever seen, he should go far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161August 14, 2020 2:34 AM

Geez - r161's pic of Cavill really is a good one. He's gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 162August 14, 2020 2:51 AM

R157 Yes, and in roles that they got Oscar nominations for.

by Anonymousreply 163August 14, 2020 3:13 AM

R162 Indeed...now I want anal.

by Anonymousreply 164August 14, 2020 3:56 AM

r128 r132 Peter Krause was also a Nazi on an early episode of Seinfeld back in the day. I found him hot on 6ft under. He hasn't aged well.

by Anonymousreply 165August 14, 2020 4:44 AM

Amy Adams strikes me as a very nice person, but her performance in Big Eyes made me feel like I was watching a two hour Kirsten Wiig SNL sketch.

by Anonymousreply 166August 15, 2020 8:06 PM

I saw Edie Falco in a small part on some movie called Trust . There was something about her I just fell in love with ,and Im gayer than a Ungaro spring frock ! Ive followed her career every since,and she never disappoints.

by Anonymousreply 167August 15, 2020 8:35 PM

R167 That's one of my all-time favorite movies. I followed Falco, Martin Donovan and Adrianne Shelly's careers after that. I had a crush on Shelly, despite also being gay, and was sad when she killed.

But, Falco's great in it too. She has this fantastic bitter energy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168August 15, 2020 8:48 PM

r166, don't agree. She was good, it was Christoph Waltz who was over-the-top in that

by Anonymousreply 169August 15, 2020 10:15 PM

Colton Haynes, "Teen Wolf!"

by Anonymousreply 170August 16, 2020 9:39 AM

R170 I'm sure Colton discovered alot of things on that set.

by Anonymousreply 171August 16, 2020 11:48 AM

Joe Lando from OLTL and Dr. Quinn. He played the hot young cop chasing Kirk, Mclu and Chekhov through the hospital in that Stat Grek move-the one with the whales. When the doors to the elevator opens and he charges in, gun drawn and yells “freeze,” he got his moment, a closeup, the camera lived that face and so did I. I thought then he’d be a big star. He showed up as Jake on OLTL about a year later and then Dr. Quinn. Not a HUGE star as such, but his 10?minutes of fame stretched to about 20 and he works all the time.

by Anonymousreply 172August 16, 2020 4:04 PM

Star Trek.... Mcoy Damn you autophil

by Anonymousreply 173August 16, 2020 4:05 PM

Emile Hirsch in THE MUDGE BOY (2003)

He had an intensity, even at a young age. Too bad Shia LaBeouf became the bigger star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174August 16, 2020 4:28 PM

When I saw Greg Kinnear on Talk Soup I thought he had a real future in acting.

by Anonymousreply 175August 16, 2020 4:43 PM

I saw Octavia Spencer in Bad Santa and Ugly Betty. A complete scene stealer.

by Anonymousreply 176October 12, 2020 5:59 AM

Allison Janney in a made-for-TV movie starring Meryl Streep. She played a really bitchy doctor taking care of M’s child. This was about four years before she played M’s girlfriend in The Hours.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177October 12, 2020 6:07 AM

Jack Black when I saw him an episode of Picket Fences, a quirky CBS show

by Anonymousreply 178October 12, 2020 6:25 AM

When I was a kid I used to see Michael Keaton do his stand up act on Merv Griffin and Mike Douglas and I would always say "this guy should be doing movies." And it wasn't because his stand up was so great; it was something about his persona. I just knew he should be in movies and eventually he did Night Shift and my opinion was validated.

by Anonymousreply 179October 12, 2020 6:26 AM

Viola Davis in one episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent, she played a crooked school resource officer, a really outstanding performance. Later she had other guest appearances as defense attorney etc, but that overweight and no make up school officer stayed in my mind for a very long time.

by Anonymousreply 180October 12, 2020 6:46 AM

Denzel Washington in CARBON COPY (1981j

by Anonymousreply 181October 12, 2020 10:42 AM

Kerry Washington : doing great horror scene as seductive vampire on MTV's short-lived 90s reality contest for Hollywood starlets

Ely Pouget: star turn on "Miami Vice" season 2's "Junk Love" episode after being the only "Star Search" Actress contestant to ever ace its rarely-used Drama test

Yannick Bisson doing a local promo while on Rick Springfield's "High Tide" series: a rare adventure star who can improv

by Anonymousreply 182October 12, 2020 11:29 AM

R180 I mentioned her at R96 but I misspelled her name.

by Anonymousreply 183October 12, 2020 12:36 PM

In the Broadway column: I went to see LEGALLY BLONDE on Bway, and I noticed a blonde girl in the chorus who really stood out. I said to my firend, "I bet she's the understudy to the lead." and at intermission, checked the program and she was. I said she's going to be a big star. Maybe not a big star yet, but she's done pretty well... Annaleigh Ashford.

I also picked out Kristen Chenoweth when I saw her in a small part in STEEL PIER and followed her career which skyrocketed soon after.

And the story I've told many times: I was invited to an off-broadway play and got there moments before it started, seated in the first row. There was an actor who was a few feet away from me throught the whole first act. The play took place in Scotland and I presumed they brought this guy in from there for the role, as he seemed that authentic. At the intermission I checked the program and was shocked to realize that the actor had also played the surfer dude Spicolli in FAST TIMES IN RIDGEMONT HIGH, which I had seen recently. I thought then and there that this guy was going to be the greatest actor of his generation. And I still think so.

by Anonymousreply 184October 12, 2020 1:07 PM

As a big fan of the films of Pedro Almodóvar, Antonio Banderas. (On the other hand I also thought that about his frequent co-star, Carmen Maura.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 12, 2020 1:34 PM

I saw a play with my family and my friend in December 1978 called A Crucifer Of Blood. I only remember the name of the play because I still have it in a draw, anyway one of the UNKNOWN actresses in the play was 31 year old GLENN CLOSE.

by Anonymousreply 186October 12, 2020 1:38 PM

I may have this wrong but there used to be made for television movies on CBS that were better than your average tv movie fair called Hallmark Hall of Fame. There was one movie called Johnny Bull and I was mesmerized by a young Kathy Bates. I remember loving the movie all together but Kathy Bates was destined for huge stardom. I also remember her in Men Don't Leave (which was terrible but i loved) she was great as was Joan Cusack.

by Anonymousreply 187October 12, 2020 2:57 PM

R182 Ely Pouget was on the 1991 Dark Shadows revival series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188October 12, 2020 3:17 PM

In 1976, I saw a new musical that was touring the U.S. in advance of a Broadway opening. It was "The Baker's Wife," with music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz. The young female lead was a complete unknown, at least to me. But when she sang a song called "Meadowlark," I turned to my friend and said, "She's going to be a star." The show never made it to Broadway, but Patti LuPone certainly did.

by Anonymousreply 189October 12, 2020 3:41 PM

I remember talking to friends about some actors and they would just brush them off. "He/she's ok" Then they became big stars. Johnny Depp on 21 Jump Street, for example. Rob Lowe, John Cusack, Keanu Reeves, before they were stars.

A lot of the time though I'm surprised when people become stars. Saw Justin Bieber in a Jingle Ball and thought: probably nobody will remember him in five years. Ariana Grande in a similar kind of radio concert and thought - "eh" (but I still do). Matt Damon in a TV movie - pretty good. Nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 190October 12, 2020 3:59 PM

There were several but man was I wrong, even I don't remember their names. I thought they were going to be huge, I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 191October 12, 2020 4:00 PM

There was a kid on As the World Turns who was completely wrong for the part. Looked nothing like his parents. But he was so natural and so good you could overlook that. It was Jason Biggs, right before he hit with American Pie.

by Anonymousreply 192October 12, 2020 4:15 PM

I guess whoever posted about Liza Minnelli was joking but I remember seeing her when I was maybe 6 and she was a teenager, I guess, on Ed Sullivan or some variety show . Thinking she was great. It wasn't a given she would be a star just because she had famous parents. I remember also, saying to my mom, she looks just like Judy Garland, and my mom looking sideways at me and saying Judy was pretty, Liza isn't.

by Anonymousreply 193October 12, 2020 4:23 PM

Ian McKellen, when I first saw him in 1981 as D.H. Lawrence in "Priest of Love"--complete with nude scene. Who IS that, I gasped. I was immediately smitten, and still am.

Yes, I am 5000 years old.

by Anonymousreply 194October 12, 2020 4:52 PM

All of them.

by Anonymousreply 195October 12, 2020 4:54 PM

Romola Garai and Russell Crowe.

Never understood why Garai didn’t make it in the US.

by Anonymousreply 196October 12, 2020 5:28 PM

R89 yes! That’s where is saw him first too.

by Anonymousreply 197October 12, 2020 5:35 PM

[quote]No one believed me when I said Tom Hanks from Bosom Buddies would be a star.

I still can't believe it. Never understood the appeal and his acting sucks.

by Anonymousreply 198October 12, 2020 5:38 PM

Cherry Jones. I saw her in the replacement cast of the original production of "Angels in America" and recognized immediately that she was extremely gifted.

by Anonymousreply 199October 12, 2020 5:40 PM

Matt Damon in Mystic Pizza.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200October 12, 2020 7:07 PM

When I saw Gloria Swanson in "Don't Change Your Husband" in 1919, I knew she had a major Hollywood career ahead of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 12, 2020 7:16 PM

[quote]Ian McKellen, when I first saw him in 1981 as D.H. Lawrence in "Priest of Love"--complete with nude scene. Who IS that, I gasped. I was immediately smitten, and still am.

I first saw Ian in a terrible movie with Sandy Dennis, "A Touch of Love'. The original title was 'Thank You All Very Much'. The film was made in the late 60s, I saw this film sometime in the 1970s. I remember watching this film on ABC, back when they aired films after 12AM on weeknights. Late nights, ABC always seemed to air interesting and obscure British films.

Sandy and Ian's characters were friends who had a one night stand. Sandy got pregnant and raises the baby on her own. The scenes of London are great, but this film is sure not about Swinging London and the music/artsy crowd. It about a world of academics. Eleanor Bron was in this film, as was Penelope Keith as a nurse.

Ian sure had a great head of hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 13, 2020 6:47 AM

I knew keanureeves was a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 203October 13, 2020 6:57 AM

I knew keanureeves was a movie star.

by Anonymousreply 204October 13, 2020 6:57 AM

When I saw Keanu Reeves in Paula Abdul's MV, "Rush, Rush." I He made you fall for him madly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205October 13, 2020 7:12 AM

R38 you need to refresh the direction on that on in CA

by Anonymousreply 206October 13, 2020 7:24 AM

Six year old Bruno Mars in "Honeymoon in Vegas".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 13, 2020 7:30 AM

I guess Donald Trump qualifies as an "actor". While everyone was laughing at the prospect of a Trump presidency, I thought he had a real shot. I also predicted there would be a populist wave around the world.

by Anonymousreply 208October 13, 2020 4:54 PM

R208 This was back when he first ran by the way. Before Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 209October 13, 2020 4:54 PM

It really shakes up your faith in the system when your own political instincts are better than the people on television who do it for a living.

by Anonymousreply 210October 13, 2020 4:57 PM

Saw Henry Cavil and a horrible Hellraiser sequel and thought he would make it just on his looks alone.

by Anonymousreply 211October 13, 2020 5:03 PM

Michelle Williams was above the material Dawson’s Creek gave her.

Julianne Moore was memorable in supporting role in Hand That Rocks The Craddle.

Ryan Phillippe in one life to live. He had the look.

by Anonymousreply 212October 13, 2020 5:52 PM

the first time I saw Ashton on that 70s show I thought well, he's Fonzie; likeable, gorgeous hair and skin. Funny.

by Anonymousreply 213October 14, 2020 5:27 AM

not that Fonzie had gorgeous hair and skin. (He was funny)

I meant that Ashton was going to be the breakout star as Fonzie was and he's beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 214October 14, 2020 5:28 AM

Keanu Reeves was handsome no matter what he was in.

by Anonymousreply 215October 14, 2020 5:45 AM

You mean Sean Penn r184. And I agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 216October 15, 2020 1:18 AM

I remember seeing Nicholas Cage in Rumble Fish and some other movies and thinking he was the worst actor I ever saw. I read that his uncle was Francis Ford Coppola (the director of Rumble Fish) and I thought: ok that's how he got cast. I also remember seeing Mark Wahlberg in some cable TV movie where he played a high school student and thinking, he's really terrible, he'll never make it.

I'm still surprised they made it. Tom Cruise in The Outsiders - the first time I saw him - was also a standout, in a bad way.

by Anonymousreply 217October 16, 2020 1:32 PM

She's still pretty much unknown. To the AMPAS, that is.

by Anonymousreply 218October 17, 2020 9:08 PM

Martin Sheen in Badlands. He was mesmerizing.

by Anonymousreply 219October 17, 2020 9:13 PM

Someone spoke of the film Belle earlier in this thread, I was certain that Gugu Mbatha-Raw would be huge.

She was in the tv shows Touch and the J.J. Abrams action spy show Undercovers.

Beautiful and she can actually act. But I guess Tessa Thompson and the mediocre Janelle Monae made it big first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220October 17, 2020 9:28 PM

R220 She may still be huge. She’s gorgeous and talented. Loved her in Black Mirror.

by Anonymousreply 221October 17, 2020 10:32 PM

The entire cast of "Another Country" (1984). Although I see that R134 beat me to Rupert Everett by seeing the earlier stage play. Cary Elwes was adorable. I'm sad some of the other cast didn't make it big.

by Anonymousreply 222October 17, 2020 11:35 PM

Michael Biehn in The Fan (1981)

by Anonymousreply 223October 18, 2020 11:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!