Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Drag Race: Vegas Review

Thoughts? BTW did a search and didn’t find a thread on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 10, 2020 6:09 AM

I liked the first episode. Yvie is very sweet. When she saw the show poster for the first time it was so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 1August 29, 2020 5:46 AM

I bought the season on Prime for $6.99 for SD. Shows come out every week. I think it's worth it.

by Anonymousreply 2August 29, 2020 5:48 AM

by Anonymousreply 3August 29, 2020 6:20 PM

Naomi Smalls is a diva. Vangie is adorable. Yvie is my favorite. Derrick is beautiful as Britney, but seems a bit dim. Asia is annoying (I think it’s her teeth) The less said about Cameron the better.

by Anonymousreply 4August 29, 2020 7:23 PM

Derrick is a total shit stirrer and a mean girl. Hate him/her!

by Anonymousreply 5August 29, 2020 8:21 PM

I like Kameron. She's clearly an introvert and probably her harshest critic. Asia in episode 2 jumps the gun inserting herself into other peoples drama.

Derrick and his throuple look tired.

by Anonymousreply 6August 29, 2020 8:48 PM

Derrick the fat bald old fuck and his ugly boyfriends need to die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 7August 29, 2020 8:52 PM

The 2nd episode was great. Fun show. It makes me want to see the live show {which is the point} but I wasn't never interested in seeing this live show before. It looked horrible. I might be wrong. I've seen Donny and Marie and Paula Abdul live is this showroom. It's old but really good up close and personal room.

by Anonymousreply 8August 30, 2020 6:10 AM

So much manufactured drama, love it.

by Anonymousreply 9August 31, 2020 9:50 AM

Six comments in two weeks, huh? Must be good.

I haven't watched it. Is it worth watching? I find Derrick Berry so off putting that he alone is a deterrent, even though I really came to love Vangie during All Stars and I like most of the others. (Kamron...meh.)

I just rewatched Asia's season. I didn't even remember her, but I really liked her a lot in rewatching it. The teeth are hard to look at, but she seems smart and insightful, even with a few dramatic moments. There was only one instance in which I didn't like her, and that's when she told the judges that Cracker is not a star and never will be one. That was nasty, and she admitted it and apologized on camera in her confessional video immediately, and also apologized immediately at the reunion.

By the way, Cracker was really top tier in her original season. I don't have any idea why the story was rewritten on All Stars. There was no hint of a shady, manipulative, deceptive, super-anxious Miz Cracker on Miz Cracker's original season, but the whole All Stars storyline was about redeeming and overcoming those personality traits. It made no sense to me in watching the All Stars season and it makes even less now that I've rewatched Cracker's original season.

by Anonymousreply 10August 31, 2020 4:16 PM

Derrick has had major camera time the first 2 episodes. I'm hoping that's it for the season for him and his bfs. He's annoying and all this beef with other queens is because of him and his bfs.

by Anonymousreply 11August 31, 2020 4:39 PM

Of all the queens on all the seasons of Drag Race, these are the ones they choose to launch a stage show. Wow. I never need to see these people again yet alone pay to see them live.

They can’t even do fake drama in an entertaining way,

by Anonymousreply 12August 31, 2020 5:03 PM

I would love to see Jinkx live onstage.

by Anonymousreply 13August 31, 2020 5:06 PM

is anyone watching? There have been four episodes and it's already drama-laden!

by Anonymousreply 14September 12, 2020 7:23 PM

Binged it last night. Not a huge fan of this kind of reality show but have to admit it's fun and bitchy and I'm here for it. I never thought much of Kameron but he's very handsome and a sweet person-fuck that NY boyfriend. I love how Derrick and Naomi started shit with Asia and then blame her for it. So childish and, again, I'm here for it. The show looks fun but I couldn't stand two hours of straight women "woo"ing in my ear.

by Anonymousreply 15September 12, 2020 7:33 PM

This show has reinforced my liking Vangie and Yvie. Derrick is such a hateful dim bulb, and Kameron is actually showing vulnerability. Asia, whooo she has some damage, and Naomi is somewhat entertaining. I wonder why Aquaria didn't participate in this, she does put on a good show.

by Anonymousreply 16September 12, 2020 7:39 PM

Kameron could be attractive but those damned awful tattoos ruin it. WTF is that one on his neck anyway??

by Anonymousreply 17September 12, 2020 7:40 PM

Derrick is a total cunt but who didn't know that? Now I believe India with all the bullshit between he and Derrick. Asian is likable but a major drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 18September 12, 2020 7:43 PM

I wish Naomi would dress like a butterfly just to taunt Asia.

by Anonymousreply 19September 12, 2020 7:45 PM

I know Asia is being made out to be an immature villain but I really think Derrick is a shit stirrer. He just likes to create drama and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 20September 12, 2020 7:57 PM

Derrick is the only one trying to make this show entertaining. What would they talk about without him? Bring back his shit-stirring boyfriend.

Is this Vegas show really just the queens dancing to those awful RuPaul songs? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 21September 12, 2020 8:06 PM

[Quote] Is this Vegas show really just the queens dancing to those awful RuPaul songs?

Yes and the story line is dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 22September 12, 2020 8:08 PM

The only memory I have of Asia is her blubbering at Rupaul in season 9's reunion over The Vixen, and it appears she's still blubbering to this day. Somebody in another thread said she (and Kameron) were bi, (LOL) I honestly can't imagine any woman seeing THAT as a sexual partner.

Vyie Oddly isn't as ugly with some hair and eyebrows. Wow, he really milked his "condition" on S9, he acted like he was at deaths door even though he pretended he didn't want the sympathy vote. Doesn't look as if he has had any real problems since then.

by Anonymousreply 23September 12, 2020 8:19 PM

r23, Yes, Yvie did through the Werk the World Tour.

by Anonymousreply 24September 12, 2020 8:20 PM

REVUE

Why are drag queen fans often illiterate?

by Anonymousreply 25September 12, 2020 9:01 PM

Twitter thinks Asia O'Hara is being gaslighted - is she ? It was too bad too see her move all her stuff out of her dressing room. Who takes someone to the top of the Eiffel Tower just to break up with them. Poor Kameron. Nobody likes Derrick Berry - he gets trashed on Twitter. But I like Derrick Berry, I think he is adorable. Poor Asia O'Hara, his parents sent him away at age 11.

by Anonymousreply 26September 12, 2020 10:08 PM

Shouldn't it really be RU-VUE?

by Anonymousreply 27September 12, 2020 10:19 PM

Three of the six queens are insufferable. I do like Yvie, Vangie, and Kameron.

by Anonymousreply 28September 12, 2020 10:20 PM

I really like this show. Glad the storyline with Kameron’s boring boyfriend is over. There’s lots of great drama. Asia O’Hara does not come across well on this show. Toxic and high-maintenance. And completely delusional. The fact that she told her boyfriend that the meeting with Grand Poohbah Randy went well was telling.

But the fanbase are complete imbeciles so I’m not surprised they’re on Asia’s side.

Derrick and his boyfriends are terrific villains. Shame this is only six episodes.

by Anonymousreply 29September 12, 2020 10:33 PM

I love all of them, even Nebraska Thunderfuck and his antics. Hope Vanjie finds a BF .

by Anonymousreply 30September 12, 2020 10:50 PM

The dancer Naomi Smalls made out with was the only thing I was really keen on.

by Anonymousreply 31September 13, 2020 1:07 AM

The drama with Asia is bullshit. Her response saying Naomi was the weakest link was clearly about her as a team player, rather than a comment on her abilities as a performer. Naomi is a shit-stirrer

by Anonymousreply 32September 13, 2020 2:16 PM

r30, from the previews, looks like Vangie is going to comfort Kameron through his hard times. Derrick and Nebraska have been trying to make Nebraska happen for years- I was rewatching old seasons of RPDR, and in Derrick's first season, he was wearing Nebraska t-shirts.

by Anonymousreply 33September 13, 2020 2:20 PM

Asia seems really damaged. It’s not a sign of a healthy relationship if one person keeps a huge number of secrets from the other person. And they’re engaged! Maybe Asia can spend some of that money on intensive therapy.

Is Kameron bald? Is that why he wears those awful hats? That bf... does anyone who can see that guy’s ass really think that he’s going to go even one day without a deep dicking? Guys who look like that don’t have to do long-distance, lol.

by Anonymousreply 34September 13, 2020 4:37 PM

Kameron’s boyfriend was cute, but not cute or interesting enough for a long distance relationship. You would expect that a semi-celebrity, and a decent looking one at that, could do better.

You can swing a cat in NYC and hit thirty identical gay guys to him.

by Anonymousreply 35September 14, 2020 12:27 PM

Naomi Smalls isn't the worst queen to have been on the show, but she irrationally bothers me. She must be so irritating to be around. I still don't think being skinny is a talent.

Asia's controlling nature creeps me out. Woah @ that family shit she's been hiding from her FIANCEE. She's not controlling in a real "perfectionist" way, she comes across as someone who needs to be in control because she can't handle any uncertainty.

Vanjie is so likeable, she needs her own show.

by Anonymousreply 36September 14, 2020 8:57 PM

They're literally centering trans women of color in the photo

by Anonymousreply 37September 14, 2020 9:12 PM

Trans?! Nobody is trans there.

by Anonymousreply 38September 15, 2020 12:02 AM

Drag is a spectrum, it isn't always about passing, that's true. But even Adore Delano's drag is more transformative than that of Naomi Smalls. He might as well not even bother with makeup. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 39September 15, 2020 12:14 AM

I usually despise Naomi for all the reasons you’ve stated, but I find easygoing and friendly in a way I wouldn’t expect. She’s strangely one of the only ones to come across well on this show. Derrick is a great villain and has a career with shows like this. The real casualty of this show is Asia. What a rotten egg. I hope we aren’t subjected to her on All Stars anytime in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 40September 15, 2020 12:37 AM

R32, I totally agree. It frustrates the shit out of me that no one (especially Asia) is pointing out what Asia actually meant. It's like a poorly written farce, in which the characters are caught in a misunderstanding that could be completely solved with one simple conversation.

Can't stand Naomi, and hate the living shit out of Derrick Berry. If it weren't for loving the living shit out of Vangie and Yvie, I wouldn't watch at all.

by Anonymousreply 41September 15, 2020 1:12 AM

Naomi is a cunt. Britney is worse.

by Anonymousreply 42September 15, 2020 4:16 AM

[quote] Six comments in two weeks, huh?

I occasionally watched old school drag shows on TV as a kid in the 80s, to the horror of my father and brother. Well, I sometimes used makeup as well so I doubt it was that much of a shock to them. I grew out of the makeup phase by the time I was like 16 and have rarely wanted to try some on again.

Now, decades later I've tried to watch Drag Race a time or two but besides slight amusement at some over the top performances or crazy costume/makeup combos I just don't see much interesting about the whole thing. Are gay men watching the show or is it mostly het girls and even guys doing it?

by Anonymousreply 43September 15, 2020 4:27 AM

Asia is and always has been a cunt and there is TOO MUCH DRAG RACE.

by Anonymousreply 44September 15, 2020 11:12 AM

Fuck Nebraska - grasping no talent cunt.

by Anonymousreply 45September 15, 2020 11:35 AM

I don't like it? I mean I've watched Drag Race since it started airing in 2009 for the talent and fashion on the show. I've watched all of the world wide versions (US, UK, Thailand, Canada) and am a massive fan of most of the Queens that have appeared on the show... It fucking sucks.

RPDR is fake as hell but this scripted ass fake housewives show just doesn't do it for me. It feels like an extremely poorly written and terribly acted soap opera from 1982. It really showcases the lack of acting talent RuPaul and the Queens posses. They all exceed pretty well in short burst skits, but this full on scritped show just feels like a high school play production where the performers haven't come into their own and everything comes off wooden and non-believable as a real conversation.

Baldy Spears has always been painfully dreadful to watch outside of the tidbits of drama he brings and his gross ass threesome relationship has plagued the word with his severely untalented boyfriend nervanda or whatever his name is... His "performances" (or flailing as a more proper discriptor) are embarassingly bad and I cannot believe any actual bars in Las Vegas and the surrounding area ACTUALLY pay money to have nymeria flop around on a stage like a semi-dead polluck during mating season.

Naomi lost me as a fan the moment she voted to remove her idol and the rightful winner of All-Stars 4 Manilla. As time has moved on she's only become more and more unlikeable to the point I can't even force myself to like the basic teen magazine fashions she wears.

He's not on the show but personally I wish aquavelva would shut the aboslute fuck up and never speak again. What a boring, vapid, stupid, untalented hack that only pushes social agenda's on Twitter to look "woke" and grow a larger tween fandom. I just find aquamarine complely inauthentic and phony.

Brooke should've won over Eevee, she bombed snatch game, her fashion SUCKS and lets be honest she only won because of the forced "sad" story of her illness even though for apparently how "sick" she tries to appear pushes her body far past the point it should go, if she was being totally genuine. It if was as bad and as real as she claims with how hard she pushes her body at this point she'd be in a wheelchair. I'm not saying she doesn't have an illness, I'm just saying it's no where near as bad as she claims.

Cameron is fucking boring. I don't care to listen to one of the hottest men ever to appear on Drag Race (besides the gross blow up doll lips) bitch, piss and moan over insecurities and "I'm not good enough" self-rhetoric. He's posted thrist trap underwear pictures for literal YEARS. He knows he's hot, he knows he's an amazing performer and he knows he's well loved because of the fake modesty angle. I just really find his "storyline" fake and contrived. The between/after the show sorta bits where he's losing his shit and screaming at everyone that works behind the scenes just makes me think the personality he shows on television is completely fake like Ellen.

I really liked Vanjie during her first season, the voice and attitude of her's was everything. Now I just kind of find her annoying. She's always screaming at me through the TV like Tamar Braxton and I just can't enjoy it anymore. She's one of those people that got famous with a certain characteristic and leans into it 24/7. Like you don't need to scream every single time you appear on camera... The best performances have peaks and vallies, but she's never gotten that memo even while on RPDR.

The only person on the show that I have always completely enjoyed (besides the butterfly murdering) or haven't changed to a negative opinion of is Asia. She remains a light in the darkness so to speak in regards to the cast. She's full of grace, humility, humour and fun something that the other main cast members are missing.

by Anonymousreply 46September 15, 2020 11:37 AM

Asia gets off on pretending to be the wise mother to drag queens but she's really just a cunt in real life and not that smart.

by Anonymousreply 47September 15, 2020 11:51 AM

[quote]It really showcases the lack of acting talent RuPaul and the Queens posses. They all exceed pretty well in short burst skits, but this full on scritped show just feels like a high school play production where the performers haven't come into their own and everything comes off wooden and non-believable as a real conversation.

I cannot believe that anyone thought turning a "RuSical" into a stage show was a good idea! They are hard enough to watch in the 8-11 minutes they take on the show, but imagine sitting through an HOUR of that shit?! On one hand, it makes a lot of sense for there to be a RuPaul-related drag stage show in Vegas, but why isn't one that actually showcases the girls with their real "talents"? Lame!!

by Anonymousreply 48September 16, 2020 3:17 AM

I don’t know what R48 is harping on about. Yeah, the Drag Race structure of the show is cheesy, but it’s purposefully flimsy and the stage show is predominantly the queens lip syncing and doing what they do best.

The full show should still be up on YouTube. You can view it online.

by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2020 2:24 PM

Forgive me, R49 thought the Revue was done in a "RuSical" style as you see on the show (that awful "Baby, we made it!!! Baby, we made it!!!!" song) with Ru songs. I did look up a clip and they DID lipsync to non-RuPaul songs, so guess I'm wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 19, 2020 3:55 AM

Oh fun, Vangie is in another fake romance with a drag queen! I'm so glad that this show has some fresh ideas.

by Anonymousreply 51September 19, 2020 12:21 PM

Vangie does have a type though. She is way less cookie monster on this show than she was on Werk the World.

by Anonymousreply 52September 19, 2020 1:13 PM

I really like Asia but she is getting the cunt edit for sure. Wow!

by Anonymousreply 53September 19, 2020 9:49 PM

VANJIE loves him some white boys! It's all over his IG stories.

by Anonymousreply 54September 19, 2020 9:52 PM

Asia doesn't need edits to be a cunt! She's just been given the "wise old woman" edit up until now. She thought she was the Queen Mother but she's being shown for her true self.

by Anonymousreply 55September 20, 2020 11:41 AM

Asia needs to go, sick of her whiney ass

by Anonymousreply 56September 20, 2020 12:00 PM

I can't stand to look at Asia's blindingly white, fake chiclet teeth any more.

by Anonymousreply 57September 20, 2020 12:06 PM

Who did Asia piss off at WOW to get this horrible edit? Was it the butterfly 🦋 thing?

But watching her scream at that poor wardrobe girl reminded me that you can tell a person’s character by how they treat those who they think are beneath them. See also: RuPaul.

by Anonymousreply 58September 20, 2020 1:04 PM

I thought Vanjie was super annoying on drag race, but on this show I kinda think he’s sweet. I also had a change of heart on Derek who is much more fun in this atmosphere.

by Anonymousreply 59September 20, 2020 1:11 PM

Derrick is a fucking CUNT - Live in Vegas and not one person likes that twat and his untalented Boyfriends. Nebraska is An ugly drag queen who tried to be a male model and Nick who couldn't draw his way out of a paper bag.

by Anonymousreply 60September 20, 2020 1:14 PM

What R34 said. Asia needs a therapist who enjoys a challenge

by Anonymousreply 61September 20, 2020 1:17 PM

R58 in Ru's defense, most of the drag queens on her shows are complete idiots, as is the audience. That's why her pop psychology sayings and "Find your truth"-level wisdom have an impact on them.

by Anonymousreply 62September 21, 2020 1:43 AM

Just finished episode 4. Gotta say yawn - this series is a snooze. More interesting trying to catch snippets of the actual show. The rest of the drama just feels like a Tuesday with any group of gay men.

by Anonymousreply 63September 21, 2020 2:00 AM

This show needs a queen with personality and smarts like a Katya or an Alaska or a Jujubee

by Anonymousreply 64September 21, 2020 2:22 AM

I was on Asia’s side in the Derrick drama but she still needs to let the husband in. So many red flags. “What happened to me at five doesn’t matter today” omg girl yes it does. So much. “My parents mental illness and substance abuse have no relevance to my relationship “

Uhhhh

by Anonymousreply 65September 21, 2020 5:36 PM

[quote] Gotta say yawn - this series is a snooze.

What is it even about? Does the lack of judging make it less interesting? They could show us more of the rehearsals and show. I'd take that over the boring Asia drama.

by Anonymousreply 66September 21, 2020 8:53 PM

Vanjie is very endearing, such a warm (if annoying) personality. She's refreshing compared to queens like Naomi.

R61 Is correct, Asia is PERFECT for a therapist who'd love a challenge! I didn't mind her on season 10, but she makes me nervous on this show. You can see the cracks forming when she doesn't get her way.

It looks like the queens were supposed to rotate through the revue. According to Wkipedia (...): Aquaraia, Coco Montrese, Kim Chi, India Ferrah, Eureka O'Hara were some of the queens who were supposed to also appear in the Revue. That would be a fun cast for a reality show. Another thing Covid-19 stole from us.

by Anonymousreply 67September 22, 2020 3:26 AM

Vanjie is nice but that voice is so annoying

by Anonymousreply 68September 22, 2020 2:31 PM

[quote]Derrick is a fucking CUNT - Live in Vegas and not one person likes that twat and his untalented Boyfriends.

India Ferrah from this past All Stars hates his guts because Nebraska got picked over her for a local club gig. Shannel from S1/AS1, who hosted Las Vegas's big drag brunch pre-COVID, is Derrick's ex, but I think they're on better terms than India and Derrick.

by Anonymousreply 69September 22, 2020 2:55 PM

LMAO at R67. It’s only been two years into Aquaria’s reign and she’s already an alternate for chorus work in a middling Vegas revue. The runner-up from the season is getting raves for her work in an acclaimed HBO series and Aquaria has been relegated to serving as a woke scold on Twitter and not much else.

Karma does come through sometimes...

by Anonymousreply 70September 22, 2020 3:00 PM

R70 But that same runner-up is also an alternate for this revue.

by Anonymousreply 71September 22, 2020 3:06 PM

I love Derrick Barry - Did you see the potential SNL skit when they were trying out various random wigs ? So funny as the "Reverend" and the "Mom" LOL ! Love Derrick !

by Anonymousreply 72September 23, 2020 10:23 PM

Asia has a goldmine in her fiance, that guy is a saint. Derrick was actually kind of sweet this last episode. And as usual, Vangie is hilarious in her talking head sections.

by Anonymousreply 73September 25, 2020 4:25 PM

Oh dear, this quarantine episode.... what a mess. Watching them chat on zoom is not it.

by Anonymousreply 74September 26, 2020 12:49 AM

Derrick, as nice as he can pretend to be, is a toxic personality. What bothered me is that he never seemed to understand that he was the one who started it, and never took any responsibility. Yes, Asia has anger issues, but he was sabotaged by Derrick. (In the same way that Derrick sabotaged Naomi. Twice.)

by Anonymousreply 75September 26, 2020 2:52 AM

Derrick is playing it up for the cameras but he's a typical "mean girl" gay. All eye rolls and passive aggression and nasty "compliments" to make his nearest and dearest feel like shit. Every gay bar is filled with Derricks and they're easy to avoid. You'd think with celebrity, a job doing what he loves, and 2 boyfriends that he wouldn't be so insecure yet here we are.

Watch The Boys In the Band to see the proto-Derrick.

by Anonymousreply 76September 26, 2020 12:50 PM

Also, the guy they brought in to fix the situation seemed to be putting all the blame on Asia. He totally fucked things up.

by Anonymousreply 77September 26, 2020 1:53 PM

Oh boo hoo. Asia was a toxic mess who never for one second entertained the idea of not bringing stressful energy into the room with her co-workers before they have to perform a grueling show. She has no self-control and no accountability. It was all about being “called out” about it. She’s very unprofessional and they should’ve fired her ass. She’s not good enough at what she does to justify the drama.

I was pretty surprised at the end that she was asked back for the show’s post-quarantine premiere, but I guess she does bring a lot of drama for the TV show.

by Anonymousreply 78September 27, 2020 2:07 AM

I was team Asia for a while but the last episode where she says what am I supposed to do when someone calls me negative?

I’m like, well, you could take a look at yourself and wonder why and maybe try to be better about it?

by Anonymousreply 79September 27, 2020 3:26 AM

R79 she should KILL HERSELF! That would remove the negativity.

by Anonymousreply 80September 27, 2020 3:02 PM

Where are you seeing the last CV ep? it's not on the VH1 Channel. And to be fair, on the Werk the World eps, Asia was represented as the hardworking Den Mother, but she didn't share a room with Naomi. Must be some jealousy issues there.

by Anonymousreply 81September 27, 2020 8:05 PM

Not into Derrick. He's bringing other people's conversations into the open for attention and screen time. Classic shit stirrer.

by Anonymousreply 82September 28, 2020 1:27 AM

Does Vangie have a coin slot or balloon knot? 🎈 🎰

by Anonymousreply 83October 10, 2020 6:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!