Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bloodbath at WarnerMedia

AT&T really screwed the pooch on this one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2020 10:09 PM

Hopefully Bill Maher stays on air. That’s all I care about.

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 6:00 PM

I hope that idiot, contrarian, faux liberal Maher gets the axe and I wouldn't mind being the one wielding it, literally or figuratively.

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 6:09 PM

800! Jeez

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 6:09 PM

What I don't understand is, HBO Max underwhelmed because it lacks new content, yet these layoffs will affect the content-producing sectors of WarnerMedia the most

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 6:25 PM

What a clusterfuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 11, 2020 1:17 PM

"Customer confusion over who is eligible get HBO Max, given the existence of multiple HBO-branded offerings in the market, has clouded the launch. "

I completely agree. It started with HBO Go, then came HBO Now and now there's HBO Max.

I'm an HBO Go customer via cable TV account. First they announced that HBO Go wasn't going to change and that HBO Max was another service. Then suddenly I get told that my account would be converted to HBO Max. Then I log into HBO Max only to find out that you have to use the primary account's log in (I share with someone) - which is absolutely ridiculous as they are the only streaming service that requires this.

by Anonymousreply 6August 11, 2020 1:31 PM

That’s All Folks!

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 1:54 PM

More, more! Again, again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8October 8, 2020 8:06 PM

Yeah Im still lost about HBO Max.

Well the good thing about these entertainment layoffs is disgruntled ex-employees usually spill scandalous insider info about celebrities and producers online!

by Anonymousreply 9October 8, 2020 8:19 PM

Bill Maher’s show was renewed by HBO for two more years.

by Anonymousreply 10October 8, 2020 8:25 PM

R1 = Ann Coulter

by Anonymousreply 11October 8, 2020 8:42 PM

Yakko Wakko and Dot are a bit concerned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2020 8:44 PM

The problem is always that old greedy people are in charge and don't know how to successfully expand their empires in these ever so fast changing times. It's not them who pay the price, but the underlings and lower tier workers.

Buying a property and then thinking that this will be enough to make more money never works. You should know the product you're selling, who you are selling it to, and how it's distributed. If you don't know any of these things you fuck it up for everybody else.

by Anonymousreply 13October 8, 2020 9:07 PM

Op, what is this 'pooch' you mention?

by Anonymousreply 14October 8, 2020 9:21 PM

I hope TCM is okay.

by Anonymousreply 15October 8, 2020 9:22 PM

Gibberish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16October 8, 2020 9:30 PM

Time to break up all of these media megaliths. Every single one. They are a threat to a civil society.

by Anonymousreply 17October 8, 2020 9:44 PM

AT&T was drowning in debt even before it bought Time-Warner and then added $40 billion more with that purchase. Since then it has been cutting everywhere in an attempt to slash some of that debt. They have been selling off foreign assets and cutting personnel. DirecTV owned by AT&T has been losing customers every since AT&T bought it. People are cutting the cord on cable and satellite, the competition in mobile phones has cut margins. If you add up the cost of all the companies that SouthwesternBell purchased, including AT&T which then took the AT&T name, the company today isn't worth what they paid for all those companies, not even close.

by Anonymousreply 18October 8, 2020 9:55 PM

[quote]Op, what is this 'pooch' you mention?

What? I'm MGM property, bitches! (And I mean that literally.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 8, 2020 10:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!