Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stylist - JLO was bad but Marisa Tomei THE WORST!

Tamaran, who worked with several celebrities from 2008 to 2017, has broken the stylists’ silence code and opened up about the worst Hollywood fashionistas

Jessica Alba - “not nice”

Katherine Heigl - “extremely difficult and always mad”

J.Lo. - insists aides are not allowed to look at her - “There’s a reason why she can’t hold down a costumer or a seamstress,”

Marisa Tomei - three hours late to an appointment: “She barely says hello and proceeds to eat her breakfast of yogurt and granola.”

Alexis Knapp - “There’s some celebrities who pay, some who take forever to pay, and some who just don’t pay because they think their name is enough, and out of the Pitch Perfect cast, that was Alexis Knapp. Whilst being fitted in this dress, Alexis decided it would be wonderful to eat a slice of chocolate ice-cream cake. Part of the cake melted onto the dress, and guess who had to clean it?"

“When my boss asked for payment, Alexis responded with, ‘I needed to pay you?’”

So who were the best? Tamaran singles out George Clooney, Ariel Winter, and Carrie Underwood among her favourite clients, and raving that Selena Gomez is “one of the most professional human beings in the industry”.

“She actually acknowledges you and thanks you for your time and work,” Tamaran explains.

by Anonymousreply 110August 27, 2020 10:23 PM

Marisa seems borderline autistic

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 4:10 PM

Aaaaa

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 4:13 PM

3 hours late to an appointment and then she ate her breakfast? Maybe a lot of stuff already happened in her day and it was crack of dawn and she needed to wake up.

I don't understand how these people expect stars to be on and speak to everyone when they have all of these strangers handling them all the time - hair, makeup, wardrobe, PAs, etc.

As a stylist, I'm sure Tamaran has been a complete ANGEL all of her life and has been sweet to everyone she comes in contact with. Oh and she never criticizes or looks down on anyone else. Please - those bitchy stylists are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 4:24 PM

Clooney, he’s a no nice-a guy.

And I have the brain damage and the perforated anus to prove it...

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 4:27 PM

Marisa sounds a little nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2020 4:54 PM

I wouldn't expect any celebrity to be nice or want to speak to you if you are in a service industry, like hair, makeup, wardrobe, etc. in the business -- if they are great, but don't have that expectation. They're the talent. The eating ice cream cake person sounds like an idiot, never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2020 5:24 PM

More than a little, R5. Eating disorder and who knows what else going on with her. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2020 5:25 PM

R1 i think she days in the video that Tomei was late because when she got there she was sleeping. Either way, even of you had a busy day making someone wait 3 hours for you is already a shit thing to do but to make them wait even longer while you eat?

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2020 5:29 PM

This is what I come to DataLounge for, good gossip!!

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2020 5:36 PM

An acquaintance who worked in wardrobe on Ocean’s 8 said Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchette were both great—very friendly and easy to work with, Anne Hathaway and Sarah Paulson were pretty distant and businesslike, and Rihanna had her own people.

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2020 5:41 PM

Tamaran is just lucky she never had Lucille Ball throw a cup of hot coffee at her.

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2020 6:54 PM

I think it's a bad idea, getting too friendly with the help.

It only encourages them to overstep.

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2020 7:03 PM

So does she plan on ever working in Hollywood again?

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2020 7:06 PM

I've heard nothing but bad things about Carrie Underwood, so this is surprising.

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2020 7:14 PM

Can somebody please post the grubstreet article on Marisa? I cannot read the whole thing.

She is a good actress. I read on reddit last week on a gossip thread that Marisa yelled at a man on a movie set to move out of her way as he was lying there. He broke his leg.

by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2020 7:15 PM

Is Marisa Tomei supposed to be peeing on sliced bread in that picture?

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2020 7:21 PM

I always thought Marisa Tomei was a good actress, very pretty, aging well and was cool.

Now I see she is insane.

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2020 7:42 PM

[quote]I've heard nothing but bad things about Carrie Underwood, so this is surprising.

This surprised me too.

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2020 8:29 PM

[quote]I've heard nothing but bad things about Carrie Underwood, so this is surprising.

This surprised me too.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2020 8:29 PM

I've never heard a negative story about Carrie. Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2020 8:34 PM

R5 is that peepee or butter coming out of her nether region?

by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2020 9:01 PM

r15 - hey Fritz, post that reddit thread!

by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2020 9:07 PM

[quote] Marisa seems borderline autistic

That explains George Costanza's crush on her.

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2020 9:10 PM

Marissa’s NUTS.

Read the crap she wrote about her eating habits during the pandemic.

Who even thinks about this to that extent?

There’s meal planning, and then there’s Marissa’s relationship with “food”.

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2020 9:11 PM

I don't know about you - but I would never hire Tamaran for anything ever again.

She doesn't even look like a good stylist in her photos. She looks a little cray

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2020 9:38 PM

Of course Clooney was nice, he is reputedly a very scrupulous guy.

I also heard he is very generous and has even been rumored to help struggling youth with their medical bills.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is a bugiardo and can just take a flying leap...off a cliff.

by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2020 10:28 PM

[quote] I wouldn't expect any celebrity to be nice or want to speak to you if you are in a service industry, like hair, makeup, wardrobe, etc. in the business -- if they are great, but don't have that expectation. They're the talent. The eating ice cream cake person sounds like an idiot, never heard of her.

What a bunch of nonsense. I work in the industry, you have to talk to people, it's part of the job. This industry is literally a collaborative effort. Would you say the same to whatever job you hold at your flyover state? I bet you wouldn't.

Meryl Street talks to absolutely everyone on set and she's Meryl. There's no excuse to being an asshole. Stop excusing narcissists.

by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2020 10:44 PM

Meryl Streetwalker, you mean.

by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2020 10:45 PM

Marisa Tomei is bizarre. I get weird vibes from her Instagram. She's also never seemed to be in a serious relationship.

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2020 11:21 PM

I’ve posted before that my friend in the industry despises Marisa Tomei. He says she is terrible

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2020 11:26 PM

[quote] I also heard he is very generous and has even been rumored to help struggling youth with their medical bills.

😂 😂 jokes tell themselves.

by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2020 11:33 PM

Carrie is a DLer, ya know. There was a thread about saying something about yourself that people on this anonymous board wouldn't believe and someone said they were an American Idol winner and it turned out to be Carrie Underwood, posting by name. Discovered DL while recovering from I think cosmetic surgery. She was a trooper. There's something nice about her!

by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2020 11:35 PM

Sure, R32.

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 12:21 AM

An acquaintance of mine said Billy Bob Thornton was very pleasant to work with.

by Anonymousreply 34August 11, 2020 1:29 AM

So what is the gossip on Marisa exactly? I want more details!

by Anonymousreply 35August 11, 2020 7:58 AM

Funny, because someone who works with celebrities on press tours, told me Marissa was the rudest celebrity a few years ago and I thought that was so random. I mean, she’s not exactly diva level. But reading this thread confirms it, of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 36August 11, 2020 9:14 AM

Classic Marisa!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 11, 2020 10:14 AM

R37 Can you please post the article in its entirety here? I can't access it.

And what exactly does Marisa do? It is only mentioned that she is a diva, but in what way?

by Anonymousreply 38August 11, 2020 10:35 AM

God, Tomei sounds fucking insufferable in that article.

by Anonymousreply 39August 11, 2020 11:18 AM

R38

Marisa Tomei Knows Food Is Not a Priority Right Now “Nothing is registering.” By Chris Crowley

Marisa Tomei admits that she doesn’t want to be promoting her new movie, The King of Staten Island, right now. (Nevertheless, our friends at Vulture say Tomei’s scenes with Bill Burr are “the best part of the movie.”) Instead, Tomei says she’s been focused on the Black Lives Matter protests and trying to get a few carbs in her body while at home in Los Angeles, where the protests started at the end of May.

Wednesday, June 3 I was not hungry this week. COVID was still happening, and there were these curfews in my neighborhood, and I wanted to support and go out in the streets as well. It was quite a different week from the weeks before, where I just didn’t feel like eating very much. I found I would need to eat because I would need to ground, between feeling hyperglycemic and processing so many emotions and being in the collective. I really wanted to make an effort to eat better, but it was hard.

I had been in a really beautiful routine, because during COVID I switched over to a CSA box that would come every Wednesday night from Farm Fresh to You. I always go to the farmers’ market, but since I’ve been able to be planted in one spot and I didn’t want to go to the grocery stores, etc., I was in a really good groove with using my CSA box and rounding it out with things from a store or a restaurant that had converted to provisions. And just picking up curbside from Porridge + Puffs, where chef Minh Phan was doing food, but also kitchen staples, which were really were rounding out all of my meals in such a satisfying way.

Porridge + Puffs is a place I go to a lot because Minh is really particularly an amazing person. As soon as COVID happened, she was offering free meals and doing lots of stuff gratis for people in the food industry and also outside of the food industry. As soon as the protests came to the fore, she offered free meals, so you could also not only order from her larder but donate. This was a place that had to close its doors, and she’s just been giving and giving and giving. She’s just a phenomenal chef and an incredible person. That was also why I was going to her: because I trusted her.

She has this beautiful shallot vinaigrette she’s selling in plastic squirt bottles and this delicious kumquat-chile oxymel. So I would get things from her, or sometimes things at Kismet, when they were selling their larder. The only other indulgence I had is I would travel to get Bub and Grandma’s bread. My goddaughter also works at Psychic Wines on the East Side, so we would make a trade: I’d swing by, and she’d hook me up with some biodynamic wines. Bub and Grandma’s sell at different places and they expanded during the COVID times, so they were selling down at Platform in Culver City. So with these little special sauces and things from larders, it was really ideal and a really good routine of eating from my own pantry, which was fantastic.

I had already booked a mammogram for that day. It was going to be my first doctor’s visit in months and months, and I needed to get that checkup, so it was my first time really going out of the house COVID-style to a place where other people were outside of my bubble. Plus having a mammogram with everybody in face masks, including myself, and it’s already excruciatingly uncomfortable, awkward, degrading in their own way. Painful but necessary. That was how my day started, and I couldn’t eat all day.

I went from the mammogram to join the protest on Sunset Boulevard, so the mammogram, which normally would have lingered, quickly fled from my mind. I just met up with a girlfriend of mine and joined in. I had some cherry juice. I was craving a lot of vitamin C during the day.

by Anonymousreply 40August 11, 2020 11:22 AM

At seven o’clock, I had some salmon that I just roasted and threw some of the oxymel on it. I chopped up some fennel from my CSA box that I used for a traditional Italian salad with pistachio, orange, and red onions. Having said all that, it was still a lovely meal at the end of the day. But I wasn’t even able to really taste anything. I’m just eating very, very quickly. Nothing is registering. Instead, my thoughts are constantly with the people that are leading this movement that needs to happen.

I went and slept at a friend’s house. I was fully in breaking COVID quarantine at this point. These were still people in my larger bubble, but I couldn’t sleep at home. Helicopters and the National Guard were outside on my street. It wasn’t that I only couldn’t sleep because of the noise — I wasn’t serving anybody at this moment in time by not being able to get grounded and stay healthy and clear.

Thursday, June 4 I had to do this junket in the morning, which was absolutely, well, the last place I wanted to be. As much as I want to support the movie, and that we all need to have laughs and take breaks, it was just very hard to be disconnected from what was going on in the streets and in the world.

Again, I made myself eat a little something so my brain could function, and for me, brain food is eggs. So I had an egg and some quinoa I had packed up and brought with me to do the virtual junket. I also had my Green Vibrance, which is really helpful. It’s very, very grounding, especially when you’re traveling. It really rests the nervous system and circadian rhythms. I had some of that in the morning too.

After the junket was over, I just felt like I was passing out and thought I had to put some food in my body, so I had defrosted some lamb from Belcampo. I frequent Belcampo a lot when we’re living in normal times. Their meat is really beautiful and clean. I like pretty kind of basic, rustic food but with really beautiful, vibrant ingredients.

My dinner was so basic. It was just the lamb, and I boiled a couple potatoes and I threw some really good butter on it. Kind of trying, but not succeeding, to get back in my body. It’s been a lot of days of not feeling in my body.

by Anonymousreply 41August 11, 2020 11:23 AM

We had another junket day, and I just ate whatever was left over: a potato, and I mean a tiny little red potato; an egg — my egg is a seven-minute boil; and some avocado. Then I started drinking tons and tons of water to calm down the nervous system and quell the fire running through my body.

A lot of times, also, I just eat one big meal and little things throughout the day, or I’ll eat like a bird for a few days and then a giant meal. A feast on the fifth day. Right now, it’s really just catch as catch can.

I switched over to chicken broth with kale, just to get some greens in my system. It was late at night, at ten o’clock. I had gotten some dried pasta from the Roberta’s out here, when they were selling their larder, so I just boiled that. It was garganelli, broccoli, and Pecorino.

I’m cooking things I know, but I also couldn’t go out and supplement with anything because of the curfew. So I was eating whatever I had in my house and could defrost, like that chicken broth that was also a Belcampo broth I had in my freezer. It was kind of like forcing myself to stay alive by putting sustenance into my body.

In my particular county, or neighborhood, the curfew was consistently at four o’clock. So I couldn’t go out. All of my things that were grounding anchors weren’t there, but there were way more pressing matters, like getting out into the streets.

Saturday, June 6 I was down to pretty much eating baby food.

I took a dance class online, the 360 Emergence — she kind of is preaching while she is DJ-ing. It’s really related to current events, and really a place where you can get in your body and feel and have your emotions while you’re moving. So that was my remedy. I stayed home. That was a very big day in the streets.

Had three apricots, and later in the day a banana and almond butter in a mush with oat milk. It came down to mush, finally. My brother, Adam, made bagels, and he drove by to drop off some. He has been perfecting his bagel game throughout COVID. He has been cooking this whole time — he’s a fantastic cook. He had started Lupetti pizzeria, and the bar next door, In Sheep’s Clothing, but he left at the end of last year. The great thing for me is he is constantly cooking and always delighting and surprising me with special little treats. The bagel thing was recent. He’s been cooking lots of things through this whole time, and that’s a de-stressor for him too.

So I got a little bit of family love that way and had a bagel with butter and still had more carbs: more garganelli with Pecorino. I had basically all boring foods. At 9 p.m., I broke curfew that night and went over to my friend’s house to sleep again, so that’s where I finally had the two little lamb chops and just started drinking a bunch of mezcal at that point. That mezcal is a really sacred, beautiful mezcal I had gotten from a small farm in Oaxaca and brought back. And it was infused with marijuana. It’s real.

I feel so silly talking about this at all, actually. It’s really just an emotional experience and a spiritual experience, this liberation and birth canal that we’re all in, being led by such visionaries. It’s extraordinary.

by Anonymousreply 42August 11, 2020 11:24 AM

What an obnoxious article. Who’s idea was it it to ask her to write and then publish it?

by Anonymousreply 43August 11, 2020 11:28 AM

That's really disappointing to hear about Marisa. I've always liked her.

by Anonymousreply 44August 11, 2020 11:33 AM

Thank you and lol, self-involved Hollywood actresses! But I expected far worse, tbh. Why are you so negative about her?

by Anonymousreply 45August 11, 2020 11:42 AM

The ice cream cake eater had a baby with Ryan Phillippe. They broke up before it was born.

by Anonymousreply 46August 11, 2020 11:53 AM

Those people are insufferable. In my days, if a wardrobe assistant or a haidresser did so much as mistitle one, one would vigourously slap them across the face, back hand with the prop rings on, or with a closed fist if necessary, and they would know themselves.

by Anonymousreply 47August 11, 2020 12:10 PM

More stories of JLo's cuntitude!

by Anonymousreply 48August 11, 2020 12:16 PM

R41/R42 what does oxymel do? And exactly what is biodynamic wine? And who boils an egg for seven minutes? (it’s five-and-a-half TOPS, you fascists!)

Plus someone ought to tell Marisa that oat milk is both toxic and fattening thanks to the hexane-washed seed oil thickener it contains.

by Anonymousreply 49August 11, 2020 12:25 PM

What I find obnoxious (besides trying to distract is from the fact that she eats like, an ounce of meat, an egg, and a "tiny, tiny potato" in a day by telling us all about the rich history of the country from which the animal that provided her repast originates) is that she wants SO, SO much for us to know how REALLY REALLY AFFECTED BY AND INVOLVED IN BLM I AM, YOU GUYS. In a "what are you eating these days?" article.

by Anonymousreply 50August 11, 2020 12:45 PM

[Quote] I also had my Green Vibrance, which is really helpful. It’s very, very grounding, especially when you’re traveling.

😆😆😆

by Anonymousreply 51August 11, 2020 1:14 PM

Who does this bitch thing she is?

by Anonymousreply 52August 11, 2020 1:16 PM

[quote]3 hours late to an appointment and then she ate her breakfast? Maybe a lot of stuff already happened in her day and it was crack of dawn and she needed to wake up.

Some of you are such starry-eyed fans, you excuse any toxic behavior.

by Anonymousreply 53August 11, 2020 1:19 PM

Did Bill Cosby make Marisa watch him eat a turkey sandwich on the set of ADW or something?

by Anonymousreply 54August 11, 2020 1:25 PM

That drawing of MT is so unflattering!

by Anonymousreply 55August 11, 2020 2:06 PM

I have worked with Paltrow. For real. You bitches are mis-informed, mean and very unfair. She treats everyone EQUALLY on a set. Co-stars, extra, crew members. She doesn't speak to ANYONE.

by Anonymousreply 56August 11, 2020 4:05 PM

Marisa is a cunt. I have firsthand knowledge. After she won that Oscar, she was sitting in a bar in the East Village with some friends. We looked her way (she was near an entrance, for fuck's sake...who doesn't look at an entrance when people enter a public place!) and she sent one of her little mincing friends to our table to ask us to stop looking at her. I hate her and I can't think of a single person who thought she fucking deserved that Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 57August 11, 2020 4:41 PM

Has anyone on A Different World ever commented on Marissa? It's so funny how she was the one white girl on that show (and she is THE most basic white girl). I'm glad the show changed dramatically after that season and got so much better.

by Anonymousreply 58August 11, 2020 5:05 PM

If anyone ever told me to stop looking at them I would simply tell them, "no."

If you don't want people to look at you, go home.

by Anonymousreply 59August 11, 2020 5:06 PM

A lot of entertainment folks are like that. Diana Ross, Ashley Judd..doesn’t Judd hand out stones to people that she wants to communicate with? Someone needs to crack that bitch in her head with a stone the next time she pulls some shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 60August 11, 2020 6:06 PM

r49 Biodynamic wine is one where it's made on a self sustaining farm, with the dung from the animals used as fertilizer, as opposed to a chemical one. No pesticides used either, and they take into account the lunar calendar to harvest the grapes.

by Anonymousreply 61August 11, 2020 6:31 PM

Marisa Tomei's "acting" on My Cousin Vinny was a joke. I can't believe she won an Academy award for that.

by Anonymousreply 62August 11, 2020 6:33 PM

I can't either especially since Judy Davis was nominated for Husbands and Wives. Tomei was the only American nominated for supporting actress that year, so....

by Anonymousreply 63August 11, 2020 6:52 PM

[quote]R6 I wouldn't expect any celebrity to be nice or want to speak to you if you are in a service industry, like hair, makeup, wardrobe, etc. in the business

Except those are the people who make you look good, which is a performer’s livelihood. Go ahead - treat them like trash and see what happens. In some novel I remember a hairdresser grousing to themselves as they testily skipped some steps, “Sure, what’s 5/8ths of an inch to the bangs? Only five years...”

Traditionally, actors and actors have close, longstanding relationships with their hair and makeup people, who they bring from project to project. Faye Dunaway thanked hers when she accepted her Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 64August 11, 2020 7:11 PM

[quote] Faye Dunaway thanked hers when she accepted her Oscar.

Wow. If Faye can do it, anyone can.

by Anonymousreply 65August 11, 2020 7:15 PM

[italic]“And may I just add a special thank you to the friends in the back room, Lee Harmon and Susan Germain.”[/italic]

Faye Dunaway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 11, 2020 7:26 PM

I can totally see how being rude to someone in makeup, hair, and lighting could backfire.

by Anonymousreply 67August 11, 2020 7:30 PM

r67, it hasn't worked for Ellen-she's gone through legions of hair people.

by Anonymousreply 68August 11, 2020 7:46 PM

After winning the Oscar Marisa Tomei did tape a special tribute to then As The World Turns casting director Betty Rea, when Rea was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Soap Opera Digest Awards

by Anonymousreply 69August 11, 2020 7:51 PM

And Ellen's hair looks like shit, even though it's about 2" long, R67.

by Anonymousreply 70August 11, 2020 7:55 PM

r70, it's because she tells them what she wants, which is Bieber hair.

by Anonymousreply 71August 11, 2020 8:26 PM

R37 I knew she was a terrible actress but good Lord is she tedious!

The thing is, when women are young and halfway decent looking, men elhang in their every word and they become accustomed to that. Then they lose their youthful looks and no one cares anymore.

I saw this with a cousin. I imagine with famous women it’s even worse.

No one cares, Marisa.

Then the

by Anonymousreply 72August 11, 2020 8:52 PM

^hang on their every word

by Anonymousreply 73August 11, 2020 8:53 PM

Marisa Tomei...more like Maria Toenail.

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2020 9:09 PM

I remember watching the movie, "Oscar," and thinking her acting was so terrible she made Sylvester Stallone look like he was good.

by Anonymousreply 75August 11, 2020 10:30 PM

I think things have gone off the rails a bit here. Yes, Tomei seems insufferable (and possibly has a food disorder) based on the article but to say she isn't a good actress is ludicrous. She completely deserved the oscar for a fantastic and hilarious performance. It's one of the rare instances where the academy got it right on comedy, which they far too often overlook for showy drama.

by Anonymousreply 76August 12, 2020 2:33 AM

[Quote] Ashley Judd..doesn’t Judd hand out stones to people that she wants to communicate with?

How is she not a clam??

by Anonymousreply 77August 12, 2020 9:33 AM

I agree that the claims Marisa isn't a good actress are unfair.

Lots of psychos are talented (Joaquin Phoenix, Christian Bale, Faye Dunaway, Diane Keaton)...

by Anonymousreply 78August 12, 2020 12:35 PM

R77, a clam? I don’t follow...

by Anonymousreply 79August 12, 2020 12:38 PM

R79: I've heard the term "clam" used in reference to Scientologists, but I'm not sure exactly why.

by Anonymousreply 80August 12, 2020 12:44 PM

[Quote] Lots of psychos are talented (Joaquin Phoenix, Christian Bale, Faye Dunaway, Diane Keaton)...

Sean Penn

by Anonymousreply 81August 12, 2020 12:45 PM

Why is Diane Keaton supposed to be a psycho?!

by Anonymousreply 82August 12, 2020 1:50 PM

I wouldn't call Diane Keaton psycho, but she's pretty strange. Definitely marches to the beat of her own drum. Never married, adopted kids VERY late in life (her 50s), does lots of artistic collages that at least in my opinion are pretty bland and unoriginal, writes autobios that are all about her mother and sisters and her "art" while almost totally ignoring her film work, and for the last 25 years or so has covered herself from head to foot (even wearing gloves everywhere) apparently because she hates getting older.

So yeah. A bit...odd.

by Anonymousreply 83August 12, 2020 2:04 PM

Ok, ok, calling Diane psycho might be a little strong...let's just say she's so eccentric it's off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 84August 12, 2020 2:05 PM

I wish I could see Marisa Tomei in the wild so I could sneer at her. What a pretentious twat.

by Anonymousreply 85August 12, 2020 3:07 PM

r83- Keaton has a bad case of eczema and has had squamous cell cancer, hence the gloves and covering up.

by Anonymousreply 86August 12, 2020 3:44 PM

Thank you, R86. I did not know that.

by Anonymousreply 87August 12, 2020 3:47 PM

I would not call Diane Keaton a talented actress. A successful one, sure.

But anytime I see her in a movie I know exactly what I'm going to get-a faux giggly woman who gets silly when angered and wears overly large slightly funky clothing.

Her characters irritate the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 88August 12, 2020 5:41 PM

Who thinks the general public cares about the minutiae of a celebrity's ostentatious disordered eating habits as it relates to current events?

Marisa, most Americans are doing well if they are eating a handful of GMO vegetables a week, and too many of us are worried about keeping food on the fucking table, let alone rounding out meals with ,"little special sauces and things from larders."

Tying her expensive eating habits into musings of participating in the BLM movement is tone deaf.

Gee, I hope she writes a long essay on her skin care regiment and how she maintains it while also participating in gun violence awareness. No one will be served if she does not maintain and treasure her complexion!

by Anonymousreply 89August 12, 2020 5:58 PM

Marisa is one of those Lens types. Hence her being insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 90August 12, 2020 6:04 PM

The article actually improved my opinion of her. Other than My Cousin Vinnie, I have never intentionally seen a movie she's in, and that I had to stop watching. I change the channel anytime I see her on a screen. This article made her seem a lot more bearable.

by Anonymousreply 91August 12, 2020 6:07 PM

R88, she tends to default to the type of performance you describe (especially with the non-stop crap she's done for the last 20 years), but she has broken through that in Looking For Mr. Goodbar, Interiors, Reds, Shoot The Moon, and Marvin's Room.

by Anonymousreply 92August 12, 2020 6:40 PM

I can't imagine someone fitting me for clothes and not speaking to them or even just greeting them.

Hollywood really is a strange world unto itself.

by Anonymousreply 93August 17, 2020 2:17 PM

Apparently ego replaces common human decency 🤢

by Anonymousreply 94August 17, 2020 2:20 PM

What’s Kate Winslet like?

by Anonymousreply 95August 17, 2020 2:20 PM

I am a publicist - worked in Hollywood for 20 years. Been coming here forever and post a lot. I don't work with specific clients anymore but have in my day. I had an actress doing a cover shoot for a big magazine. We told the magazine she would provide her own hair, makeup, and wardrobe and she would pay for it. When we arrived they had hair and makeup and a stylist. I sat in the room with them because my client was getting done and dressed and I don't need to see her titties again. The stylist was complaining to the room that the actress refused to even look at her pulls (when that was not really the case we told the magazine ahead of time but I guess it got lost in translation). I got up, left the room, and talked to my client. I told her the stylist was upset because she refused to look at her pulls and I explained to her it must have been a mix-up. I walked her into the room and she looked at the pulls, she even liked a lot and took the stylists card. She went back to get her makeup finished. The stylist asked me who I was. I told her and she said 'you are a good publicist," I got two new clients from her and my actress ended up requesting the stylist for her next shoot. The moral is - most of these terrrible actress stories are usually just misundertandings.

by Anonymousreply 96August 17, 2020 3:05 PM

haha no.

by Anonymousreply 97August 17, 2020 3:36 PM

I seem to recall some gossip around the time of Only You, where she was letting the Oscar go to her head and was being a diva on set.

by Anonymousreply 98August 17, 2020 4:46 PM

r96 What the hell are "pulls?"

by Anonymousreply 99August 17, 2020 5:01 PM

R99 Suggested outfits that have been "pulled" for review

by Anonymousreply 100August 17, 2020 5:03 PM

[quote]R99 What the hell are "pulls?"

Pulley systems that lift the bigger actresses into their clothes, Rose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 17, 2020 6:17 PM

R99 selecting styles for a shoot or an event.

by Anonymousreply 102August 17, 2020 6:34 PM

To put this in terms DL will understand, in this scene Miranda Priestly is going through racks of “pulls” - clothes under consideration for an upcoming shoot or issue. They have been pulled out of storage, or stores, or showrooms, or wherever, so they can potentially be used for a specific purpose.

They have not all made the cut, but are under consideration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103August 17, 2020 7:22 PM

Yeah R103 I think we got it after the other three replies

by Anonymousreply 104August 17, 2020 7:45 PM

^^ Did we also get YOUR BUTT? Yes.

So SHUT IT!

by Anonymousreply 105August 17, 2020 11:01 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 106August 22, 2020 9:35 PM

[quote]Pulley systems that lift the bigger actresses into their clothes, Rose.

Sometimes, it takes a village...

by Anonymousreply 107August 23, 2020 3:03 AM

JLo still goes into stores to buy stuff and then tells the manager to give her the merchandise for free, since she’s JLo and she can give the store free publicity, doesn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 108August 23, 2020 12:57 PM

Any DL Stylists/Wardrobe People with more stories?

by Anonymousreply 109August 27, 2020 4:22 AM

r96, that was a nice story, but could be oh, so much better with names darling! Tell us more. Something juicy, you’re safe here, so please continue....

by Anonymousreply 110August 27, 2020 10:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!