Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

River Phoenix was Raped at Age 4 in the Children of God Cult

Did anyone who grew up in that cult not end up a mess? Rose McGowan was another one.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2020 12:16 AM

Bump! I'd love to hear some vintage early 90's Hollywood gossip, not necessarily about River, but why not?

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 7:15 PM

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 7:18 PM

Link?!?

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 7:19 PM

I've been doing okay recently.

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 7:20 PM

River's mother and father betrayed him when he was young by joining that cult. Someone raped him when he was 4-years-old. They say he "lost his virginity, like he had an option.

"River revealed that when he was only four years old he lost his virginity to someone in the cult, but "blocked out" a lot of the details. "I'm glad I did it when I was young," River said, "But I didn't want... different body parts that were in my face to make me perverse when I was older, so I blocked it all out. I was completely celibate from 10 to 14. You're just born into that reality, and you accept it." By the time he died, he had become addicted to crack, cocaine, and heroin, and would often use all three at the same time."

by Anonymousreply 5September 18, 2020 10:33 PM

Raping little kids, children witnessing their parents participating in orgies, constant physical and emotional abuse, etc is SOP for the Children of God.

Children are seen as small adults and made to beg for money and supervise still younger kids. They're schooling and practical knowledge is extremely minimal.

by Anonymousreply 6September 18, 2020 10:37 PM

That group still has something like 10,000 followers! The "Children of God" doc is excellent. There's always hot guys in these groups. And they all have that same vacant stare.

by Anonymousreply 7September 18, 2020 10:38 PM

[quote]I was completely celibate from 10 to 14.

Wow. He was sexualized way too early in life.

by Anonymousreply 8September 18, 2020 10:41 PM

Which body parts were in his face?

by Anonymousreply 9September 18, 2020 10:43 PM

Link, you miserable fat whore.

by Anonymousreply 10September 18, 2020 10:50 PM

It was in a Joe Dolce interview in Details magazine darling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11September 19, 2020 12:07 AM

Why would you even use the word ‘celibate’ to describe those years of your life??

by Anonymousreply 12September 19, 2020 12:14 AM

I enjoyed the interview at R11. I think he was honestly bisexual—note how he talks about “people” he’s been involved with.

by Anonymousreply 13September 19, 2020 12:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!