Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Making a PDF document with your iPhone

Just learned this!

While there are a number of apps that allow you to take a photo of a document and create a PDF, the iPhone has that function built in.

Go to NOTES, start a new Note, take a photo of whatever document you need changed to a PDF, and the iPhone will offer you the option to creating a scan and pdf.

It will save the new PDF in your NOTES

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2020 3:36 PM

My Notes app is reserved for vegetable recipes and lyrics to bad songs for which I can sing on key.

Fuck your pdf up the ass unless it contains the recipe to broiled Brussel sprouts with shredded asiago

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2020 1:40 AM

First useful thing I've learned on DL. After how to rinse my pasta of course.

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2020 1:42 AM

Yes, that’s a good feature. However, I don’t think the pdf is readable, meaning that you can’t copy and paste and do a word search from it. I could be wrong. My scanner does create readable docs.

by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2020 1:56 AM

If you scan, the only reason why you'd turn it into a PDF would be too make it a readable doc.

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2020 9:07 AM

The whole point of being able to create a PDF on your phone is so you don't have to use a scanner

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2020 10:10 PM

I think that feature (in "Notes") is helpful if you are not close to your computer, just have a phone, and want to text a document attachment to somebody. Yes, you could just take a photo and send. But the final product of the Notes app looks more like a document (e.g., 8.5 x 10 inch sheet of paper). The app deletes everything in the background of the document and makes the corners 90 degrees. But yeah, better to use a real scanner.

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2020 10:28 PM

I often use the phone scanner function. I often have to fill out, sign, and email documents.

This works great

by Anonymousreply 7August 11, 2020 3:27 AM

Where's the scanner function please r7? Do I need an app for my iPhone 7?

by Anonymousreply 8August 13, 2020 1:17 PM

R8--See original post-

Take phone of what you want to scan, it makes it into a PDF to email or text

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2020 3:34 PM

^ phone= photo

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2020 3:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!