Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ocean Swimming is DANGEROUS!!

I do not like swimming in the ocean because there’s too many aquatic invertebrates that will kill you! Check it out:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 2:56 PM

GOOD DAMN THAT CUNTS LAUGH IS ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1August 9, 2020 10:06 PM

i cutta bitch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2August 9, 2020 10:08 PM

What is that R2?

by Anonymousreply 3August 9, 2020 10:09 PM

A blue-ringed octopus, R3. They're venomous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 9, 2020 10:11 PM

I will FUCK YOU UP, mate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 9, 2020 10:14 PM

Hammerhead sharks circling a kayak!! Make sure you read the comments to this video if you want to laugh your ass off!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 9, 2020 10:21 PM

Stonefish. They say if you step on one you might as well not swim back to the surface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 9, 2020 10:29 PM

c'mon it, it's fine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8August 9, 2020 10:35 PM

The blue-ringed octopus and the stonefish are both mostly in Australia. Australia also has a very deadly jellyfish which is very tiny and hard to see with the naked eye but can kill you. Japan has the blue-ringed octopus. Around the pacific coast you mostly only sometimes encounter sharks. Australia is home to several venomous animals and insects.

by Anonymousreply 9August 9, 2020 10:44 PM

[quote]Australia also has a very deadly jellyfish which is very tiny and hard to see with the naked eye but can kill you.

Irukandji

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 9, 2020 10:46 PM

Nature is not a safe space.

by Anonymousreply 11August 9, 2020 10:52 PM

I'm triggered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 9, 2020 10:55 PM

It’s amazing how something so deadly can be so beautiful. I’m glad this sea life you’re showing us are around Australia and Japan and not here off the Atlantic seaboard. Of course here we have sharks biting off peoples limbs.

by Anonymousreply 13August 9, 2020 11:03 PM

Holy SH!T!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2020 12:02 AM

Just this is enough to keep me out of the ocean, thanks very much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2020 12:14 AM

R15 what is that?

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2020 12:27 AM

It’s seaweed, R16. It’s no more likely to attack you than is a bunch of spinach.

I’m an ocean swimmer and I live in Australia - I’m much more threatened by the American lady screeching “omigod” on repeat at the shock of finding a large fish in the ocean.

It’s their territory, now ours.

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2020 12:41 AM

Meet the Blue Dragon, hermaphrodite cousin of DL's beloved Red Dragon.

They float on the surface blue side up, grey side down as a form of camouflage when seen from either above or below. They eat bluebottle and jellyfish tentacles and store the nematocysts in the ends of their cerata (the dark tips of their little jazz hands below). These stockpiles give them the ability to inflict almost as much pain as a bluebottle.

They occasionally wash up with whomever they've been eating and then unsuspecting people pick them up for Instagram likes. Then they scream.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2020 1:14 AM

Live beachside. Swim at sunrise and sunset. Rip currents and lumpen fraus are far more of a danger than aquatic life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2020 1:36 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2020 1:58 AM

The Shallows (2016)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2020 2:04 AM

I do not like swimming in the ocean because blobfish piss me off.

Stupid goddamn blobfish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2020 3:23 AM

R17 Seaweed like that doesn't have to attack you. It's horrifying and looks like you could get tangled up in it and drown.

by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2020 3:33 AM

I was with my five-year-old nephew on the shore of Siesta Key. We were told the jellyfish were plentiful that time of year and their stings were painful. So, I was watching carefully. I saw a jellyfish in a wave near him. I swung him out of the water so fast I scared him. No long term effects, and now he's a doctor. He'd be looking out for me, now.

by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2020 4:14 AM

R23 I guess that I’ll have to defer to your greater experience with “horrifying” seaweed.

Best that you stay on dry land.

by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2020 4:23 AM

You won’t have to worry about it much longer, R23. As ocean temperatures keep increasing sea urchins will continue to flourish and, because their numbers are too great to subsist any longer on algae and the detritus that drops to the seabed around the kelp, they’ll eat through the kelp itself until it’s gone. Their natural predators are already overfished and while translocating large crayfish from elsewhere is a nice gesture, they can’t keep up with the reproduction rate of sea urchins.

Once the kelp is gone, stressed by starvation, the urchins’ jaw structure and teeth grow larger and harder, giving them them the ability to grind through anything in their path, even paua shells. And with that, the ecosystem of the kelp forest is completely destroyed. Tasmania's are 95% gone and conditions are similar in large swaths of California and the Aleutian Islands.

The resulting urchin barrens are virtual dead zones and are irreversible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2020 5:27 AM

R14 well at least they're not stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2020 2:23 PM

But I thought sharks love to have their head rubbed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2020 5:30 PM

Fish fuck in it.

by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2020 5:51 PM

Precious (not so) little citizens at r28! Sending love.

by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2020 6:35 PM

Most venomous sea creature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 11, 2020 3:28 AM

R28 that is amazing. I thought Tiger sharks were the most aggressive?? Or maybe I'm thinking of Bull sharks 🤔

by Anonymousreply 32August 11, 2020 12:40 PM

r32 the Karen Shark is the most aggressive,

by Anonymousreply 33August 11, 2020 2:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!